Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Gary Busey: Crazy Guy On A Horse

• Start Topic

GARY BUSEY Gary Busey celebrates his 45th Anniversary in show business during 2015.  Busey rose to fame in Hollywood when he became an Academy Award nominee for Best Actor for his performance in the title role of Buddy Holly in The Buddy Holly Story. His other feature film credits include memorable roles in The Firm, Under Siege, Point Break, and Lethal Weapon. He's also appeared on Celebrity Wife Swap and Celebrity Apprentice, and became the first American to win Celebrity Big Brother U.K. in 2014. PRO DANCE PARTNER: ANNA TREBUNSKAYA

Ugh.  Gag.  Vomit.  Retch.  

Will someone please tell me why the show hates its viewers so much as to inflict this hot mess upon us, and why it HATES Anna so much that it stuck him with her?

Sorry, Anna, but I'm praying for him to be the first one booted.  Trust me, it would be a mercy killing for both you and the viewers!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3

Ew! Gary Busey isn't just crazy, he's cra-zay and so not in the good way. When contestants of a certain age compete on the show, they fall into two categories: the kind that's fun to watch ( Tommy Chong, Gladys Knight, Betsey Johnson & Patti LaBelle) and the kind that aren't and Gary Busey definitely falls into the latter for me.

Poor Anna. Getting stuck with Busey for her comeback is a fate worse than death.

• Love 1

As I said in the Anna thread, Busey isn't just troubled, he has actual extensive brain damage. He is mentally disabled . I wonder if the judges will take that into account the way they have with the physical limitations of contestants in prior years.

I'm thinking no...

• Love 2

People magazine posted a video of Gary & Anna rehearsing the Cha-Cha-Cha. Ignore the fact, in the accompanying article, they say his last name's "Busy" in 1 place (forgetting the E) & Anna's last name is "Trebunskay", without the last A, until the 3rd time they mention her. They changed their website awhile back & proofreading for errors before posting articles is apparently no longer a priority, sad to say.

http://www.people.com/article/dancing-stars-season-21-gary-busey-video

Poor Gary! Gary Busey was in a motorcycle accident and was not wearing a helmet, he cracked his skull open, had to have reconstructive surgery and suffered severe brain damage. He has been on psych meds since and has a hard time walking. It's not Charlie Sheen "winning" crazy. It's sad crazy. Clearly he should have been wearing a helmet but.... What pissed me off is DWTS always adds a "spectacle" contestant. Burn victim, bomb victim or....Gary Busey! He really is a mess and they should caption what he says because well, it's crazy!

Edited by freeradical

The difference is they have not addressed his accident and brain injury have they? on the show? I feel bad for him.

No they haven't! That is a really good point. I'm a pop culture fanatic but without knowing the history he just comes off as a s***.

Poor Gary! Gary Busey was in a motorcycle accident and was not wearing a helmet, he cracked his skull open, had to have reconstructive surgery and suffered severe brain damage. He has been on psych meds since and has a hard time walking. It's not Charlie Sheen "winning" crazy. It's sad crazy. Clearly he should have been wearing a helmet but.... What pissed me off is DWTS always adds a "spectacle" contestant. Burn victim, bomb victim or....Gary Busey! He really is a mess and they should caption what he says because well, it's crazy!

Go watch some of the coverage (and footage) of him on Celebrity Big Brother. Busey isn't this pure poor victim. He's also someone capable of using that reputation to manipulate people to get what he wants. He's also got a mean streak that can come out to play on occasion too.

The biggest current barrier for him is his hearing loss. That one's even stickier because his hearing appears selective. He often appears to hear what he wants to, and not what he doesn't want to. So it's hard to say what's always going on there. At the very least he often uses the "can't hear" thing to his benefit (but also can ignore and stubbornly deny it too).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Go watch some of the coverage (and footage) of him on Celebrity Big Brother. Busey isn't this pure poor victim. He's also someone capable of using that reputation to manipulate people to get what he wants. He's also got a mean streak that can come out to play on occasion too.

The biggest current barrier for him is his hearing loss. That one's even stickier because his hearing appears selective. He often appears to hear what he wants to, and not what he doesn't want to. So it's hard to say what's always going on there. At the very least he often uses the "can't hear" thing to his benefit (but also can ignore and stubbornly deny it too).

I've seen Gary on Big Brother, Celeb Apprentice and Celeb Rehab. He appears to be quite a pain in the butt in all of these. There is no way of knowing what his biggest challenges are since we are not in his head. Since this is the DWTS board I was only referring to his accident and it's relevance to his awkwardness on this show.

• Love 1

Anna Trebunskaya talks about working with Gary in the first ten min of the most recent ep of Afterbuzz. "First ten min" meaning it's the first topic and she talks for about eight min, so you don't have to watch the full hour if that's all you'd want to see.

Anna Trebunskaya talks about working with Gary in the first ten min of the most recent ep of Afterbuzz. "First ten min" meaning it's the first topic and she talks for about eight min, so you don't have to watch the full hour if that's all you'd want to see.

That was very interesting listening to Anna talk about working with Gary. It struck me that for all this push for bringing in younger pros and mining SYTYCD for contemporary dancers, they realized they really did need an experienced pro to work with him.  Witney, Lindsay, Jenna, Allison, and whoever that new brunette trouper is - none of them would have been able to handle Gary IMO. And who are the new ones supposed to learn from with Anna, Kym, Cheryl, Karina gone. (Not sure if Karina is gone and just came back this season to finish out her contract or if she just took a break.)