Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Sex, Lies & Leeches

• Start Topic

But doesn't Michael work for Vicki? He probably has to deal with her hysterics on a daily basis. If I were him, I'd get as far away fron her as possible.

He lives approximately 100 miles from Vicki--a decent distance.  She said he works for her, but out of his home (apartment?).  Maybe he puts in a few hours on "work," and then is able to goof around the rest of the day.  I wouldn't want that deal--but it works for him at the moment.

• Love 6

I agree to a certain extent. But doesn't Michael work for Vicki? He probably has to deal with her hysterics on a daily basis. If I were him, I'd get as far away fron her as possible. As in finding a new company to work for fast. He's got experience now!

Well, at least he moved to San Diego and works remotely plus a few seasons ago he wouldn't even tell her where he lived.  After Vicki showing up at his dorm at college, he learned.....

• Love 6

I wish I could see the word "childish" used less frequently regarding Meghan.  Every one of these women (and some of the men) act like rude and misbehaving children.

But it also seemed almost too set-up.

See Almost 3000's reference to the scripted series "Unreal," must-watch television for anyone who watches "reality" shows.  It was well produced with excellent actors...and will be back next season.

• Love 4

I wish I could see the word "childish" used less frequently regarding Meghan.  Every one of these women (and some of the men) act like rude and misbehaving children.

See Almost 3000's reference to the scripted series "Unreal," must-watch television for anyone who watches "reality" shows.  It was well produced with excellent actors...and will be back next season.

I do think Megan comes across as childish at times.  BUT I think Tamra and Vicki are just as childish as she is--if not more so

I don't think Heather, Shannon or Lizzie come across this way, for the most part. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 9

I'm not sure what you mean by this?  She definitely called her Jesus Jugs. But maybe there is a joke in there that's not registering. To be fair, I've only had 1/2 of my normal coffee intake this morning!

Back in the days of TWOP, one of the posters named Alexis Jugs for Jesus when she first came on the show. Tamra - who was definitely reading those boards - picked it up and massacred it into Jesus Jugs as an insult. She has done that with other TWOP monikers for others as well. It was how we knew she was also reading the boards. It's also most likely where she got all of her gossip about Gretchen prior to that creepy guy contacting her.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 9
I don't think Heather, Shannon or Lizzie come across this way, for the most part.

Duke2801, I'll concede on Heather and Lizzie...but Shannon, although rarely rude to anyone but Meghan, was definitely a spoiled, pampered child who has gone on to expect that treatment as an adult.

• Love 6

I couldn't help but enjoy it a little when Meghan looked at Vicki with evil eyes and said "this conversation is not over.. it is just beginning"

And kudos to Jim for not be MORE pissed at Meghan for dragging him into that fight.  I thought he handled it very well and as nicely as he could told Meghan that he didn't appreciate that she did that.

Also Terri has used leeches on Botched before so that tidbit wasn't that shocking to me.

• Love 2
Here is what I don't get. If Brooks and Vicki were lying about The Cancer, wouldn't it make more sense to pretend that he was doing chemo?

They did try to pretend he was doing chemo. That's why everyone thinks Brooks is lying. Because he was "doing chemo" but yet seemed perfectly healthy and did have any symptoms of doing chemo, and he reason was, "Chemo effects everyone differently." In any case, pretending to do chemo is why everyone became alerted to something fishy going on. Which is why now he is doing a "different type of treatment."

Recall his last "chemo" treatment, Vicki was conveniently in Disney Land with her family, and when she got home, Brooks had JUST recovered from being sick in bed for 5 days vomiting and looked great. Vicki timed it perfectly!. People questioned that, because why would she leave him alone to go on a vacation if he was really that sick. To be in bed all by himself? It didn't make sense. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 10

I have to add, I agree that despite the poor grammar/misuse of a phrase, at least Megan sent a note. I'm a stickler for thank you notes. I'm already teaching my kids to "write" them (I write the note, they scribble or do the best they can to write their name, depending on the child). It's just good manners, imo. I appreciate getting them, and while it's not the biggest deal ever, I notice when one isn't sent. So I cut her some slack; she didn't have to send one, but she did (probably very many).

I am curious how many people send condolence flowers to the ex-husband or ex-wife of the deceased?  Or how many people send flowers to co-workers they have screaming matches with over the death of the ex-wife of the co-worker's husband?  So I doubt Meghan had MANY notes to send.   ETA-I think your sentiments were kind, I just don't think most of the world acknowledges the exes during grieving periods.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

OT: Can someone explain what "KUDOOOZ" means?  I've seen it a couple places in all caps - is it an inside joke? 

KUDOOZ is a Ramona Singer-ism from the Real Housewives of New York.   She is a little bit of a Mrs. Malaprop.  She gave someone "kudooz" to congratulate them.    It is now part of the lexicon.

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 7

Back in the days of TWOP, one of the posters named Alexis Jugs for Jesus when she first came on the show. Tamra - who was definitely reading those boards - picked it up and massacred it into Jesus Jugs as an insult. She has done that with other TWOP monikers for others as well. It was how we knew she was also reading the boards. It's also most likely where she got all of her gossip about Gretchen prior to that creepy guy contacting her.

OHHH I did not know that!  Thanks for explaining!  Effin' Tamra.  

• Love 1

Ok, so Michael is now my favorite "character" on any of the RH franchises.  A few years back some had speculated that Michael was so over Vicki and her dramatics. Remember when she surprised him with a visit while he was at college on game day? Well, it looks like they were right.  It seems Mike is indeed over it.  LOL.  Just as Vicki was about to bring the dinner down with talk of missing grandma, he inquired about appetizers.  When she was about to go on about being a 50 something year old orphan, Mike reminded her about less fortunate people who'd lost their parents as children, but Vicki had her mother for decades, and didn't have to suffer through watching her mother with a drawn out illness.  Michael likes Brooks, and Brianna doesn't.  Vicki's mother and Uncle Billy liked Brooks and Brianna doesn't.  Hmmm...

Jim is so over Meghan.  He's just biding his time.  He has the best of both worlds.  Lots of time away from Meghan, and babysitter for his daughter in SoCal.  When it's no longer convenient, he'll move on to wife #4.    I'm glad Vicki let them both have it. 

ETA: Tamra, having a sex themed party is the stuff that embarrasses your daughter and builds Simon's case against your mothering his children. 

I am standing and applauding you wildly.  I could not agree with you more on all your thoughts above.  THANK YOU !!!!

• Love 1

I am curious how many people send condolence flowers to the ex-husband or ex-wife of the deceased?  Or how many people send flowers to co-workers they have screaming matches with over the death of the ex-wife of the co-worker's husband?  So I doubt Meghan had MANY notes to send.   ETA-I think your sentiments were kind, I just don't think most of the world acknowledges the exes during grieving periods.

I am sure the flowers were sent to the memorial or the funeral and maybe LeAnn's husband/Meghan/Jim split the duty writing Thank You notes on behalf of the girls and their entire family or Meghan wrote the ones sent from people they know like Vicki/Brooks. It would appear that LeAnn and Jim put aside any hard/bad feelings stemming from the divorce long ago because she seemed to support them on the show and no matter what, she was still the mother of his 2 eldest children. JMO

• Love 3

OT: Can someone explain what "KUDOOOZ" means?  I've seen it a couple places in all caps - is it an inside joke? 

Ramona SInger for RHNYC said it and has a tendency to butcher our language.  Presumably she meant KUDOS.

• Love 4

KUDOOZ is a Ramona Singer-ism from the Real Housewives of New York.   She is a little bit of a Mrs. Malaprop.  She gave someone "kudooz" to congratulate them.    It is now part of the lexicon.

Ah, thank you!  

I am sure the flowers were sent to the memorial or the funeral and maybe LeAnn's husband/Meghan/Jim split the duty writing Thank You notes on behalf of the girls and their entire family or Meghan wrote the ones sent from people they know like Vicki/Brooks. It would appear that LeAnn and Jim put aside any hard/bad feelings stemming from the divorce long ago because she seemed to support them on the show and no matter what, she was still the mother of his 2 eldest children. JMO

The funeral was last week, according to Meghan.  The note was sent in early August.  It always will be totally inappropriate to refer to stepgirls and sign the note from the stepmom and the children's father. Meghan should have called them by name or referred to them as Leann's daughters. Meghan needs to stop making it about her.    I can see Vicki sending the flowers to the Edmonds family.  I just think Meghan makes very fast attachments, like the ones to Heather and Tamra so I don't really think the two months she lived here she and Leann were that much of bosom buddies.  There is just an ick factor to the way Meghan presents the relationship. Meghan had ZERO problems throwing the second ex-wife under the bus.

• Love 7

I think it looks like this is the case on camera - that he would rather be doing almost anything else than being on this show. I don't think this is the case, however. Remember that his 2nd wife was supposed to be on a couple of seasons ago, and dropped out right before filming began, supposedly because their marriage had gone south and she was no longer interested. That is when they called Alexis back in. That season began with Heather's famous "no onion rings" party, and Jim attended that party as a guest, minus his wife. He was clearly up to being on camera as the only (I believe, but could be wrong here) guest that wasn't part of the cast. I think Jim has been as interested in getting a wife on this show as either of his wives have been. I sense a bit of frustration on Meghan's part, as he was up for all of this, but at the same time seems to want to act like he is so above all the drama, and in doing so is making her look bad, not to mention how he is portraying their marrige and his feelings for her.

That whole history is odd plus Meghan already having been on other reality shows makes it even odder. Almost like its an arranged marriage just for the show.

• Love 4

Is it time for my weekly STFU Megan? What a bitch. She is a CHILD...I'm almost 60 therfore I have lived twice as long as Megan and have twice as much life experience. Just like a 15 year old would be a child to Megan she is a child to me. If anyone called me a "Bitter old woman" they would still be waiting for the hand print to fade where I slapped the disrespectful child. Maybe because I'm from the south but we believe in RESPECT for our elders.

Does Brooks have cancer???? I DO NOT CARE....If he says he does, he does. It's just plain WRONG to doubt someone who's sick just because they don't eat or drink what we think they should. He's an adult.He can handle his illness as he sees fit.

Vicky...what is this OTT reference??? Is there a certain level of sad you should be if your Mom dies? My son died 6 years ago and I gaurentee I was on the floor just like Vicki and I still cry when I think about it. No one has the right to say I am to sad or not sad enough. 

Leeches? Ugh. 

I’m not from the south but my parents taught me to “respect my elders” and that’s something I taught my own children to do which has been passed along to my grandson.

However, Meghan is NOT a child.  She is an adult. 

Vicki is not a fragile senior citizen some Boy Scout needs to help cross the street.   She’s a healthy, successful business woman strutting around on six inch heels.    She’s also an extremely opinionated, selfish individual who butts into everyone else’s business while demanding no one question her.   She’s loud and often inappropriate (Woo Hoo!). 

One adult does not automatically “respect” another because of their age.  I’m older than Vicki and do not expect anyone younger than I am to “respect” me because of it.  Respect is earned. 

As far as your comment about slapping the disrespectful child, I’ll refrain from commenting and let the Judge explain it to you after you've been arrested for assault.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 16
And kudos to Jim for not be MORE pissed at Meghan for dragging him into that fight.  I thought he handled it very well and as nicely as he could told Meghan that he didn't appreciate that she did that.

Agreed. I generally don't care for Jim, but I had no problem with how he handled himself when she dragged him into a fight that was not his. I would have been completely incensed. 

• Love 9

IMO it is Meghan's attitude toward Vicki that gets Vicki on the defensive. She does not believe Meghan's questions about Brooks' cancer originate from a good place. Therefore she labels Meghan as evil. Meghan admitted to Jim on the ride home that in fact she was questioning Vicki about Brooks' health to prove that Vicki was a con artist. Meghan and Jim both said they believed Brooks had cancer and were only concerned about his treatment and well being, but in actuality Meghan has proved the opposite...she comes from a place of negativity and judgement and has made Vicki and Brooks her targets for justice.

Vicki can be just as judgemental concerning Meghan's attitude and discipline toward her step children. However, to carry a vendetta and be judgemental about a deadly disease is very different than questioning someone regarding their child raising philosophy. Meghan also repeatedly disregarded Vicki's pleas "not to pursue" questions regarding Brooks' health care.

So I can understand why Vicki called Meghan evil...it's a label for the cold hearted dispassionate intent that lies behind Meghan's line of questioning regarding Vicki's boyfriends cancer.

Edited to add--Vicki has absolutely no right to say Jim and Meghan will divorce that is absolutely none of her business. After all she was a victim for years of others casting dispersions on her for dating Brooks! She should know better. The age shaming on both sides is also uncalled for.

rhoc-season-10-megan-king-edmonds-vicki-

Edited by talula
  • Love 7
I’m not from the south but my parents taught me to “respect my elders” and that’s something I taught my own children to do which has been passed along to my grandson.

However, Meghan is NOT a child.  She is an adult.

Vicki is not a fragile senior citizen some Boy Scout needs to help cross the street.   She’s a healthy, successful business woman strutting around in six inch heels.    She’s also an extremely opinionated, selfish individual who butts into everyone else’s business while demanding no one question her.   She’s loud and often inappropriate (Woo Hoo!).

An adult does not automatically “respect” the other because of their age.  I’m older than Vicki and do not expect anyone younger me to “respect” me because of it.  Respect is earned.

Agree with this. Despite the age difference, Megan and Vicki are two adults and I don't think one needs to automatically respect the other based on age alone. I don't like either of them, but Vicki behaves in ways that constantly disrespect herself and others, so why should anyone have to respect her? Just because she has 25 years on them? No. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 16

The funeral was last week, according to Meghan.  The note was sent in early August.  It always will be totally inappropriate to refer to stepgirls and sign the note from the stepmom and the children's father. Meghan should have called them by name or referred to them as Leann's daughters. Meghan needs to stop making it about her.    I can see Vicki sending the flowers to the Edmonds family.  I just think Meghan makes very fast attachments, like the ones to Heather and Tamra so I don't really think the two months she lived here she and Leann were that much of bosom buddies.  There is just an ick factor to the way Meghan presents the relationship. Meghan had ZERO problems throwing the second ex-wife under the bus.

She signed the note like she did because Vicki/Brooks are connected to her/Jim and not Leann/daughters/husband IMO, especially if Vicki had the flowers sent to Meghan/Jim's home to begin with and we don't know what the card attached to the flowers said or whom they were addressed to.

It was apparent to me that LeAnn liked and accepted Meghan for whatever reason and Meghan was with Jim for 2 years so I am sure they, LeAnn/Meghan, got to know each other during that time frame. The divorce from wife #2 is still fresh and time may change the hard/bad feelings between the women, no one knows at this point. Ex-wife #2 hasn't been all that nice to Meghan either, it seems that both women believe in the tit for tat stupidity IMO.

• Love 3

That whole history is odd plus Meghan already having been on other reality shows makes it even odder. Almost like its an arranged marriage just for the show.

I don't buy this at all. Was it a hasty marriage? Yes. Does Jim love Meghan? Arguable. Was it a marriage of convenience? Probably. But just for Andy and Bravo? No. This show is not that important to most people.

Meghan is most likely one and done. Not worth it. And in my opinion, Andy is not that close with Jim. Based on what I've seen on WWHL, Andy's just not that into Meghan either. It's hard to imagine why Jim picked Meghan but it wasn't for RHOC. He could've found a much better candidate in St. Louis or elsewhere. Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of beautiful, thin women in the Midwest.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 3

She signed the note like she did because Vicki/Brooks are connected to her/Jim and not Leann/daughters/husband IMO, especially if Vicki had the flowers sent to Meghan/Jim's home to begin with and we don't know what the card attached to the flowers said or whom they were addressed to.

It was apparent to me that LeAnn liked and accepted Meghan for whatever reason and Meghan was with Jim for 2 years so I am sure they, LeAnn/Meghan, got to know each other during that time frame. The divorce from wife #2 is still fresh and time may change the hard/bad feelings between the women, no one knows at this point. Ex-wife #2 hasn't been all that nice to Meghan either, it seems that both women believe in the tit for tat stupidity IMO.

I am sorry but the note was gibberish and riddled with errors.  Better to stand silent than prove to the world you are a fool.  The note was insincere and trite-she had just given an interview deriding both Brooks and Vicki so saying things like, you are in our prayers and Love, are both insincere and in Meghan's words "hypocritical". 

• Love 3

IMO it is Meghan's attitude toward Vicki that gets Vicki on the defensive. She does not believe Meghan's questions about Brooks' cancer originate from a good place. Therefore she labels Meghan as evil. Meghan admitted to Jim on the ride home that in fact she was questioning Vicki about Brooks' health to prove that Vicki was a con artist. Meghan and Jim both said they believed Brooks had cancer and were only concerned about his treatment and well being, but in actuality Meghan has proved the opposite...she comes from a place of negativity and judgement and has made Vicki and Brooks her targets for justice.

Vicki can be just as judgemental concerning Meghan's attitude and discipline toward her step children. However, to carry a vendetta and be judgemental about a deadly disease is very different than questioning someone regarding their child raising philosophy. Meghan also repeatedly disregarded Vicki's pleas "not to pursue" questions regarding Brooks' health care.

So I can understand why Vicki called Meghan evil...it's a label for the cold hearted dispassionate intent that lies behind Meghan's line of questioning regarding Vicki's boyfriends cancer.

Vicki has absolutely no right to say Jim and Meghan will divorce that is absolutely none of her business. After all she was a victim for years of others casting dispersions on her for dating Brooks! She should know better. The age shaming on both sides is also uncalled for.

rhoc-season-10-megan-king-edmonds-vicki-

Completely agree.  Meghan is particularly cold and vicious.  It takes a mean heart to finish off a woman crying about her boyfriend's illness by calling her a bitter, old woman to her face, and in public.  You could also see her nastiness while she was talking to Lizzie alone at the table.  She waved off Vicki's upset like it was a gnat and spat "Vicki's a bitch!" with such gusto.  

• Love 9

So not only did Heather and Terry attach leeches to their body, they then duct taped sanitary napkins on top of the leeches. Why would anyone subject themselves to that? And better yet, why are they subjecting my eyes to that?

I wondered that myself until I realized it was probably in the hopes that Heather would have a "bleeding incident" and get camera time, and, perhaps, a chance to shamelessly shill Terry's new beauty service.

Oh Yes- The good old deviated septum. I had a nose job and my sister told me to tell everyone it was because of a deviated septum. I was nope, it's a nose job plain and simple. Funny thing now I can't breathe out of my nose very well.

If you play your cards right, you might get to meet Terry Dubrow on TV!

Idk, I don't think he heard it.  Meghan was walking away from Vicks with him & if he had heard Vicks, so would Meghan & I'm sure Meghan would have said something in response.  But asshole Jimmy said in the limo to Meghan he was offended by nothing Vicks said because he just "didn't care".  OK then, asshole Jimmy.  I wanna hear what Vicks could say to him that he would care about.  Me wants to see asshole Jimmy really explode.  Oh c'mon, now that would be fun to watch!  Despite his calmness in this ep, I bet it doesn't take much for him to blow his top.  He looks like one very angry short man to me.

Jimmy only looks short next to Meghan-- he's 6'1"; she's 6 feet, but with her high heels, she's taller than he is.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 4

He lives approximately 100 miles from Vicki--a decent distance.  She said he works for her, but out of his home (apartment?).  Maybe he puts in a few hours on "work," and then is able to goof around the rest of the day.  I wouldn't want that deal--but it works for him at the moment.

I loved when they showed the photo of Michael at "work"...he was standing next to a golf hole that Coto Insurance had sponsored, in what could have been a charity tournament.  

I really like Michael (I always have), but that wasn't exactly a good shot of him hard at work selling life insurance, LOL!!!

• Love 4

Completely agree. Meghan is particularly cold and vicious. It takes a mean heart to finish off a woman crying about her boyfriend's illness by calling her a bitter, old woman to her face, and in public. You could also see her nastiness while she was talking to Lizzie alone at the table. She waved off Vicki's upset like it was a gnat and spat "Vicki's a bitch!" with such gusto.

Thanks OhGromit your points are well taken. Meghan's reply to Lizzy about how she felt about Vicki was very revealing about her character and poverty of soul. Edited by talula
  • Love 8

They could be for all I know because I've never heard of it.

Well, that's nice.

The City of Hope is a very well-known and well-respected research and teaching hospital specializing in cancer research and treatment.  On the other hand, I guess the NIH (that's the National Institute of Heatlh), makes a habit of designating hospitals staffed by quacks as comprehensive cancer institutes.

• Love 4

Their situation prompted me to do a bit of reading on long term/chronic cheating.  What my impression is that these kind of cheaters who can go a long time with the affair without divorcing or feeling guilt enough to tell their spouse are usually the power game players.  They can come across as the kindest, most caring people.  But in reality they're getting off on the power of the game, divorcing their spouse isn't an option because it takes away the thrill.  If divorce happens they usually end up with the other person and began cheating on them too.  

My best guess is that Shannon has been leaning a little too much on the alcohol, is easily manipulated and has become co-dependent on David.  She's in a FOG similar to a physically abused woman.  The conversation where David was saying he tried for her birthday dinner seemed to have undertones that he was telling her she's high maintenance.  I think that repeat loop of invalidation is a common theme in her marriage and we all see her reacting to it, which is a catch 22.  She gets more negative feedback for her reactions that *should* be anger.  She should be incredibly angry over the betrayal yet she gets tons of comments that she should be over it, not miserable, and so on.  Yet, that makes no sense.  She should be, and should be concentrating on how to get out of this negative loop.  You can't stop behavior patterns by doing the same thing.

What a great explanation!  Totally makes sense.  Thanks for that.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 5

I was reading up on Jim Edmonds, no formal education after high school, he was on the disabled list for post-concussion syndrome, so I am thinking he is maybe someone who wisely uses advisors.  From Jim's words I can see why he was attracted to Meghan her spiel about if it is not true don't let it bother you is good advice, hard to follow but good advice.  When this show first started airing  there were links to local St. Louis articles about the show and Meghan and her sister would argue with detractors in the comments sections of the story-especially if there was anything negative about Jim.  Proving, it does not mean if you are bothered then it must be true.  This to me is where Meghan's method of arguing falls flat. 

• Love 2
People questioned that, because why would she leave him alone to go on a vacation if he was really that sick. To be in bed all by himself?

And he was (screech this): The Love of Her Life ???    Sometimes there are complications after chemo, but I guess Brooks had access to Vicki's phone and 911.

• Love 7

She has cystic acne and is acutely aware of it.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-7/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/work-hard-play-hard  It comes and goes-here is the story of Vicki's and her multiple tumors in her neck and ear area and when they operated you could see her brain.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-4/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/finding-a-calling

Wow! Thanks for posting this. I had no idea Vicki lost some of her hearing or that she had reoccurring tumors.

• Love 2

I have no idea what kind of family she was raised by, but lots of people who are raised well end up mean-spirited and lacking in basic etiquette.  Also, I'm pretty sure that sororities have changed quite a bit!   So I just don't see it as a given that Meghan would do the right thing or that she's proficient in basic social graces.  I haven't seen anything to indicate that's the case.

But as I said, regardless of whether the note was her idea or not, I still think she's a stupid bitch.    (I hope she treasures you, as you may be her only fan!  I think you're very brave!!)   :-)

Yes, this.  I'm sure Meghan learned plenty in her sorority, but I doubt letter/thank you note writing was one of them.

• Love 6

The leech and blood thing is so weird to me. It reminds me of Countess Bathory who was supposedly the biggest serial killer in history. After torturing and murdering young girls in her castle, she bathed in their blood to maintain her youth and beauty.

Gory and morbid but perhaps she was an innovator. Not the murdering but the idea of soaking in blood to maintain a youthful appearance.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 3

Ramona SInger for RHNYC said it and has a tendency to butcher our language.  Presumably she meant KUDOS.

Wait, I thought Moaner said Kadooz?  No?  

Jimmy only looks short next to Meghan-- he's 6'1"; she's 6 feet, but with her high heels, she's taller than he is.  

Wow, he looks so short & dumpy in this ep.  Color me surprised.

Guess I missed the leeches--which are usually removed and the "theraputic" bleeding follows.

The leeches were gone when they went to the party. The duct tape and pads were to prevent the residual bleeding from showing but it failed. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Wow - I had a completely different take.  In fact, asshole Jimmy went a ways to redeeming himself in my eyes in this episode after he basically said the same thing everyone else hass been saying: shut up Meghan!  He totally took charge and completely shut her ass down.  Which needed to be done after she behaved so childishly, and then didn't seem able to grasp how wrong she was for inserting herself into Brooks' personal business and then causing scene after scene over it.

You know, it's kinda interesting that I often have a different point of view when I first watch this show, than when I view it again (1 or more times).  I was much tougher on asshole Jimmy after I first saw this ep, than when I viewed it again.  Maybe it's because I've seen asshole Jimmy mostly acting like such an unpleasant asshole & mostly treating Meghan miserably, I assumed he's just gonna continue to behave the same way.

I haven't changed my mind about him telling her to "zip it".  I don't care for it & I think it says a lot about Jimmy & who he is.  Yeah, Meghan was acting childishly.  But that's who she is too.  As far as "taking charge" & "shutting her ass down"?  Well, if any man did that to me, I'd slug him till next Tuesday.  But while I hate that kinda shit & wouldn't put up with it, Meghan seems fine & dandy with it.  Hmmm, guess this says a lot about their relationship, eh?

Now, while I still absolutely think asshole Jimmy is an asshole, he had quite a few moments, particularly in the limo, when he was making a lot of sense, and he didn't seem like an asshole.  OK, so asshole Jimmy does actually have the ability to NOT be an asshole.  Hmmmm, color me surprised on that one too.

Btw, thanks Jimmy, Meghan & Satan Andy for motivating me to type asshole so much.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

I was thinking that maybe Vicki had the florist send the flowers to the funeral home and then Meghan wrote the notes to the people she knows who sent flowers. I mean, wouldn't the ex wife's husband or family take care of all that? I was just wondering why it would be Meghan sending thank you notes to anyone when she isn't in any way related to Leann. The whole thing seems odd to me.

Edited by Rainny
  • Love 2

I just posted thinking this same thing! It's the only thing that makes sense to me. 

• Love 4

I am sorry the note thing gets worse if the flowers were sent to Leann's family or the funeral home.  It seems to me Leann has parents, two capable daughters and a husband to write notes if necessary.  Meghan's note was a dig and I am sure that is why Brooks posted it.  I was guessing since Jim and Meghan had made a big deal over Leann being part of them and just like Brooks to Vicki, Vicki sent the flowers.  It never dawned on me the family would divide the duties and enlist the wife of Leann's ex husband.  All in all I think it would make for an interesting Reunion question since Meghan is big on the hypocrite tag.

• Love 2

I stand by what I said. If some little snit who I  had asked over and over and over again to leave a personal matter alone and she kept it up AND called me a bitter old woman I sure as shit would slap her   and I don't care what age you are you treat me disrespectfully your getting it right back. And then she calls Vicky a bitch! Vicky only asked her several times to drop up. You act like a child you get treated like a child.MEgan acts like a snotty 18 year old and then is shocked (!) when people don't flock to her to tell her how right she is.

• Love 5