Type keyword(s) to search

CBS Cancels Under The Dome

I won't miss the show, but I will miss making fun of it.  Can we just pretend there was an episode, make up a thread title and keep posting our comments about stuff we pretend was part of the pretend episode? 

For Example:

S:03 E:14 My Three Hairless Sons

Jim uncovers two sons he didn't know about on Seal Island.  Barbie and Julia attempt to find clothing that fits his ever-growing daughter.  Norrie and Joe make a discovery with Hunter's help

Needschocolate posted 17 seconds ago

Okay, I get that Jim couldn't do any sort of DNA testing since they are trapped in a dome (for once their backwards science doesn't come to the rescue) so I understand that he had to shave their heads to see if they bore any resemblance to him, but why would he have to shave Junior's head too?  That makes no sense - he already knew Junior was his son.  And I think it was stupid of the writers to name the other two sons "James" too - what are they going to do now, call them Junior, Little Jim and Jimmy Boy?

How many actresses did they hire to play Queenie (another stupid name - somebody get the writers a baby names book)?  There was one scene in that never-before-seen mall that had three different little girls.  Yeah, she is supposed to be growing quickly, but they could have at least tried to find little actresses that looked alike. 

And that was some "discovery" that the New Scoobie Doo Gang made - Mentos and Diet Coke as a power source?  I mean I am glad the Prius finally ran out of battery (a seldom seen brush with reality, but where did these supposedly starving people get all those Mentos and bottles of Diet Coke? 

And, because it can't be said often enough - Julia really needs to stop wearing bandages on the outside of her clothing.

• Love 9

I was going to bitch about losing a summer show to fold towels and/or clothes to, but I still have The Last Ship, Zoo (which I keep forgetting is on Tuesday nights), and Fear The Walking Dead.  So, I'm really not losing much, am I?  Except Mike Vogel's pretty face.

On the plus side, this does free up Rachelle Lefevre to play Jean Grey on the X-Men show Fox wants to do.  I mean, the woman looks so much like Jean Grey, it's frightening.  Go ahead.  Look up Rachelle Lefevre and then look up Jean Grey and you'll see.

And I love Dean Norris post about this: https://twitter.com/deanjnorris/status/638507250013736960

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 2

No!  Why are they cancelling my awesomely brainless entertainment???  I swear, if Zoo goes too, I'll have to quit watching TV altogether.  Yes, these shows are bad, but it's like they're in on that secret and they make it all enjoyable.  Shows like Extant and The Whispers I can't watch because they just take themselves so seriously.  They really think they're good shows!

• Love 5

No!  Why are they cancelling my awesomely brainless entertainment???  I swear, if Zoo goes too, I'll have to quit watching TV altogether.  Yes, these shows are bad, but it's like they're in on that secret and they make it all enjoyable.  Shows like Extant and The Whispers I can't watch because they just take themselves so seriously.  They really think they're good shows!

The book was great, though. I wonder if the Zoo book is better than the series too? got to be.

If the Dome ending is like book ending, I'd pop in to watch it.

I haven't read the Dome book yet, but I'm hoping to borrow it soon from the library.  I hope it's good!  I read Zoo but it was a few years ago, so I really can't recall if I liked it or not.  Since it obviously didn't leave a strong impression on me, it couldn't have been as stupidly entertaining as the TV show.

This was the best bad show on tv, so I will miss it terribly.  Fear the Walking Dead is already starting to rival it on stupidity levels, but that show is just dreary and monotonous.  UTD was fun!  Maybe FTWD can hire Dean Norris.  He's already been on one show with "bad" in the title and on another show that was truly bad.  He is the king of the "bad" actors!

Edited by Dobian

In 15-20 years, when this show becomes some sort of campy cult classic and people will go to Dome conventions dressed as butterflies or wearing bandages tied around the outside of their pants and large plastic purple blobs around their necks, the show description will read "A mysterious dome surrounds a town filled with idiots, sociopaths, and idiot-sociopaths, plus a pair of hoarders, a dog, and a woman named Dodee who can read lips because her mother was deaf."

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 3

IMO, the only reason to watch those episodes is so you can read the forum after each one.  The comments on this forum are much more entertaining than anything on the show (and the forum makes a lot more sense too), but you need to have seen the episode to fully understand the forum comments.  .

No need to torture yourself; check out the recap first.

Actually, I think the recaps would be funnier if you saw the episode.  Although, it might be fun to rec parts of the recap then watch those parts so that you notice all the ridiculousness.

However, I should change my previous post from "You need to have seen the episode to fully understand the forum comments" to "You need to have seen the episode to fully appreciate the forum comments."

Watching the show doesn't help you understand anything.  

• Love 2