Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Kim Zolciak: Get Wiggy With the Real Housewife

• Start Topic

I'm right along with y'all re: a fake way to get out early. She is not a hard worker and keeps/gets slim through surgery not hard work, so I'm sure the demands and expectations of DWTS seem very unreasonable to her.

That said, the articles say she got Botox treatments Monday before dancing. If it's not just a panic attack, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something related more to Botox than to dancing.

ETA: Oops! Too late!  I didn't know it was confirmed though that Botox was the cause, only that she got it that day.  Makes sense though (temporary paralysis).

Edited by Padma
  • Love 1

The cancer story was because she'd started wearing wigs and someone (NeNe??) called her out about it. Instead of saying "I like wearing wigs" she told the fake cancer story. Then... she starts trying to sell a line of her wigs.

So, I'll sit on the sidelines with MMLEsq for a while. :)

I'll sit with you. While I do not wish ill on Ms. Zolciak Biermann, I do think this is conveniently timed. And one has to wonder if she has contemplated the lifestyle changes that will be necessary for a 37-year-old who has suffered what she claims is a TIA.

I think not.

• Love 1

I'm right along with y'all re: a fake way to get out early. She is not a hard worker and keeps/gets slim through surgery not hard work, so I'm sure the demands and expectations of DWTS seem very unreasonable to her.

I will never (never ever) forget that scene on the Real Housewives of Atlanta when she was eating pizza while getting fat-reducing laser treatments.

• Love 5

BoogieBurns, which thread are you calling the Celebrity news thread?  DWTS in the media?

There is a thread about all celebrity news here. Not just DWTS celebs.

Edit: Botox is just assumed to be a possible reason, looks like Kim was the one who made the initial connection. Could be from something else. Sorry for jumping the gun.

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 1

Kim studied dance?  She's been on TV for several years now, and there's been no sign of that.  Why does she lie about things that are so obviously untrue?  She said something similar on RHOA, before she recorded Tardy -- "I've always loved to sing" or some such BS.

Some websites seem shocked that people are so "mean" to her now that she's in the hospital. I guess if you were completely unfamiliar with her before DWTS--lazy, manipulative, and self-absorbed (and, that she lies, like, SO much plastic surgery is so obvious, inc. the very obvious rhinoplasty--no big deal, except...be honest. When you're on tv. because everyone can see for themselves, Lying just makes  you look worse).

She's still not practicing now, with so few days left, so I think this will be a "graceful" and "sympathetic" departure (ha)--a way to leave the show while manipulating maximum sympathy, getting what she wanted in the first place (to be able to say "I was on DWTS!" and "win over" a new audience.

What I really found questionable was Erin's major fan girl outbursts over her. Why? Did she see the same entitled bitchy self-absorbed woman that I did (when I was still watching?) It's not an ABC show. That was just so weird. I thought she was brighter than that about people.

Some websites seem shocked that people are so "mean" to her now that she's in the hospital. I guess if you were completely unfamiliar with her before DWTS--lazy, manipulative, and self-absorbed (and, that she lies, like, SO much plastic surgery is so obvious, inc. the very obvious rhinoplasty--no big deal, except...be honest. When you're on tv. because everyone can see for themselves, Lying just makes you look worse).

She's still not practicing now, with so few days left, so I think this will be a "graceful" and "sympathetic" departure (ha)--a way to leave the show while manipulating maximum sympathy, getting what she wanted in the first place (to be able to say "I was on DWTS!" and "win over" a new audience.

What I really found questionable was Erin's major fan girl outbursts over her. Why? Did she see the same entitled bitchy self-absorbed woman that I did (when I was still watching?) It's not an ABC show. That was just so weird. I thought she was brighter than that about people.

I assume when Erin's not working, she's hanging out with football wives in whatever city she's in. Kim goes to most of her husband's games, so I imagine their lives cross quite a bit. They were probably acquaintances/friends before the show.

I suspect that today's hospitalization/continued hospitalization means that she won't be released until tomorrow. There was one article that said her and Tony have been practicing in the hospital room, but Kim herself in another said all he's been doing is getting her coffee for the last two days. I can't imagine a doctor would okay her practicing 8-10 hours on the day she was released from the hospital, give her the okay to fly, then let her put in another 8-10 hours after they get to LA especially with neurological issues. All to probably be eliminated.

I bet she does show up in LA being carted around in a wheelchair by Tony to bravely stand up on stage to say her goodbyes and watch a short package about her issues this week.

• Love 1

I assume when Erin's not working, she's hanging out with football wives in whatever city she's in. Kim goes to most of her husband's games, so I imagine their lives cross quite a bit. They were probably acquaintances/friends before the show.

I have also been wondering about the Erin Andrews tongue bath of Wig, at least online. It seems a bit excessive. And I highly doubt Erin hangs out with the "football wives"; she's not especially friendly.

I'm guessing we'll see Ms. Zolciak Biermann's tearful exit this week due to "health concerns". And I am betting that she will show up in the ballroom as quickly as her doctor releases her to fly again.

I don't know about Kim's personality, work-ethic (or lack thereof), or anything about Kim prior to this season.  But the reports are that Kim had a TIA (transient ischemic attack) shortly after a long flight, arriving in Atlanta.

To be clear, a TIA is not "like" a stroke, it IS a stroke.  It's a stroke caused by 1 or more small blood clots that temporarily stop the bloodflow in the brain.  Typically within a minute or a few minutes, the clot dislodges itself and the blood flow resumes. The side effects (loss of control/sensation on one side of the body, loss of speech, etc.) typically resolve within 24 hours or so. 

A TIA is what, in my Dad's Navy parlance called, "a shot across the bow".   The TIA itself, resolves on its own but it's a warning that something needs medical attention immediately.  Thankfully, the people who were around Kim at the time, at least understood that something was seriously wrong and got her to a hospital very quickly.   The doctors will put her through lots of tests to determine the cause while also treating her (at minimum, with blood thinners until they know more) to hopefully prevent a more serious stroke.

I don't know where stories of botox or waist thinners (as the cause) are coming from.  Neither sound logical. If botox caused a constriction of a blood vessel, I don't see how it would suddenly unconstrict on its own, minutes later.  The waist thinner thing...I just can't figure out how this is even a rumor.

As far as Kim's truthfulness goes, she's got all kinds of non-family people around her right now, including DWTS production people.  If she checked into a hospital just for "stress" or whatever, I think that would have come out by now.

As for Kim checking out of the hospital and flying to LA for Monday's show (dancing or not), assuming Kim really did have a TIA, I can't imagine any doctor giving her clearance for that (or an airline allowing her to board, given that this has been in the news).  The air pressure changes alone, never mind the physical stress, could be potentially really bad.

• Love 3

To me, Kim Zolciak is nothing more than a thinner version of Mama June from Honey Boo Boo.  I wonder if she still owns the town house that Big Poppa gave to her.  (her married boyfriend, not her father)

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

Kim said on RHWOA that she danced for years (in a studio, not on a pole). She even had pics of her high school years in dance costumes and tap shoes. She had very dark brown, permed early 90s hair, BTW.

Kim actually graduated from an LPN program (Licensed Practical Nurse, legit program, more educated/skilled than a Certified Nursing Assistant, but not as educated/skilled as a Registered Nurse. LPN is usually a 1 year program, but they're 'real' nurses.) She is lazy beyond lazy in regards to exercise, but can hustle like a gangster, especially in charming the money out of men. 

Kim has just enough medical knowledge to throw around some terms and sound half legit to anyone not paying attention. Remember on the first or second season of RHWOA, when she had the plastic hair and her real face (mostly), and she sobbed saying she wore a wig because she had lost her hair to cancer, then it was she thought she had cancer, then it was she was tested for cancer, then who knows. Every single woman who has a yearly pap smear and mammogram is technically tested for cancer, but most of us have sense not to invent a story for TV.

Kim's full of it. And I'm not talking brains. She proudly announced paying $5,000 for a Pomeranian, without realizing that the most you'd ever pay for an AKC registered dog of that breed might be $1,200.... unless you're a fool with money. But, she spent $250,000 on scratch-off lottery tickets and bragged about that too. I will always wonder why she came on this show, given the fact she's out of shape, doesn't exercise, and would be hard-pressed to hide any of that.

Kim's full of it. And I'm not talking brains. She proudly announced paying $5,000 for a Pomeranian, without realizing that the most you'd ever pay for an AKC registered dog of that breed might be $1,200.... unless you're a fool with money. But, she spent $250,000 on scratch-off lottery tickets and bragged about that too. I will always wonder why she came on this show, given the fact she's out of shape, doesn't exercise, and would be hard-pressed to hide any of that.

I think she's doing this show for the money and exposure.  She has a half hour show on Bravo, but it's paired with Caroline Manzo's show (from RHONJ).  Her husband's in the NFL but I don't know how much money he actually makes there; from what I understand, the real money comes from endorsements.  And she has six children to feed and take care of, plus she has expensive taste.  

Kroy doesn't make huge money but he's been a steady achiever for the Falcons.  Wiki says his current contract is $1,925,000.  My impression of him, from seeing him with his family in RHoA, is that he had a good upbringing, that he understands his professional limits.  He knows this money won't last.  His only mistake was being dazzled by Kim.  It says something about him that he married her.

I think Kim lies about what she pays for things.  She wants us to think she's filthy rich, but it just makes her sound like an easy score.

• Love 3

Kroy doesn't make huge money but he's been a steady achiever for the Falcons.  Wiki says his current contract is $1,925,000.  My impression of him, from seeing him with his family in RHoA, is that he had a good upbringing, that he understands his professional limits.  He knows this money won't last.  His only mistake was being dazzled by Kim.  It says something about him that he married her.

I think Kim lies about what she pays for things.  She wants us to think she's filthy rich, but it just makes her sound like an easy score.

That sounds like a lot but once you start all the deductions...10% to the agent, 10% to the business manager, maybe another 10% or so to a cpa and lawyers, 40% or so for taxes, maybe 10% into a retirement plan, the net is probably $400k or so.  That's a lot to live on for the average person but probably not for the Hollywood/flamboyant lifestyle and it's certainly not filthy rich.

(I'm guessing at percentages)

Kim released a statement from home (as in Atlanta), which was just posted to Twitter by People magazine in about the last 20 minutes, saying she hopes to continue on DWTS.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20955734,00.html?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

But if she's still in Atlanta, how's she supposed to do that--unless they arrange a remote from Atlanta during the show & the Judges score her that way?

Or the other thing I was trying to remember... Marie Osmond's father died during her season on the show. Did she miss a week or 2 after that happened, or not? If she did, perhaps Kim could sit out this week & then return next week, if she's not eliminated since the eliminations are based on the previous week's at least Judges' scores (if not also the other voting methods).

I'm not a Kim fan. I'm just throwing this stuff out there since she's saying she hopes to be back, but I can't figure out a completely logical way for that to happen if, like, she can't fly 3 1/2 hours, ATL-LAX for fear of getting more, & more serious, blood clots/having a more serious stroke than a TIA (& yes, I know TIAs are serious in their own right... My father's a retired neurosurgeon [surgery mainly on the brain/back/neck, but also on the wrists--for carpal tunnel syndrome type issues--& the nervous system]).

Or the other thing I was trying to remember... Marie Osmond's father died during her season on the show. Did she miss a week or 2 after that happened, or not? If she did, perhaps Kim could sit out this week & then return next week, if she's not eliminated since the eliminations are based on the previous week's at least Judges' scores (if not also the other voting methods).

If the woman can't dance, she should be out of there.  I was furious back when Melisa Rycroft got to dance from rehearsal footage instead of live.  Either get out there and dance when you are scheduled or remove yourself from the show.

• Love 2

Well, unless she & Tony have somehow been practicing in Atlanta & filming that to use somehow, she won't even have any rehearsal footage--dress (which is what Melissa used that time) or otherwise.

Honestly, I think she's deluding herself about being able to come back. Unless she can arrange to fly privately, with onboard medical assistance, I don't see how she'd be medically cleared to fly commercially for the 3 1/2 hours it usually takes for the ATL-LAX trip nonstop, for fear she'd develop other/worse clots, & perhaps have a more major stroke, as I said last post. Not even if she's taking blood thinners or other meds to hopefully prevent further clots.

Not to mention, she & Tony will have missed camera blocking in the "ballroom"/studio, for the dance they're supposed to do, which I think is normally done on Sunday (or at least over the weekend before the performance show).

But I agree (for the most part--the death of Marie Osmond's father when she was on is a different situation, to me). If you have a medical reason for not continuing, you should gracefully withdraw & not leave your partner, producers, fellow cast, or audience hanging as to whether or not you can perform. And you shouldn't be stubborn enough to endanger yourself in trying to return.

It's much easier to replace a pro during a season--like when Julianne had to have an appendectomy during 1 of her pro seasons & was replaced for 2-3 weeks by another pro, when Derek wrecked his ankle/knee/leg last season & was replaced/helped by Sasha, or when Peta was replaced by Allison this season due to her ankle injury/surgery. Not to mention others I may be forgetting. It's easy to replace a pro midseason, if need be; not to replace 1 of the celebs.

Marie Osmond danced every week.  I don't remember which week her father died, but I think she just flew to the funeral and then back to LA again.

I think Tom said at the time of Melissa's injury, the rules* allowed her to be judged on the dress rehearsal** footage. The hitch was that in dress rehearsal/camera blocking, the couples usually only go 1/2 speed to conserve energy and they don't bother with making sure the moves are sharp and toes pointed or whatever.

Kim only said: "I hope this will not be the end of dancing." She didn't say DWTS.

*sure would love to see this mythical rule book!

**was it dress rehearsal or camera blocking? I seem to recall she was dressed casually.

Edited by Uke

**was it dress rehearsal or camera blocking? I seem to recall she was dressed casually.

Pretty sure it was camera blocking. She was in a sports bra and leggings, iirc.

I don't have a problem with judging on rehearsal footage, provided that the scores reflect that, not what they look like they could have been capable of. They did it again ... recently... but I can't remember with which couple.

Kim's going to have a hard time being judged on anything this week, considering she had approximately 0 minutes of rehearsal that wasn't in her hospital room.

Pretty sure it was camera blocking. She was in a sports bra and leggings, iirc.

I don't have a problem with judging on rehearsal footage, provided that the scores reflect that, not what they look like they could have been capable of. They did it again ... recently... but I can't remember with which couple.

Kim's going to have a hard time being judged on anything this week, considering she had approximately 0 minutes of rehearsal that wasn't in her hospital room.

It was the Team Dances for Season 18. Amy injured herself during the live show so they showed the recorded dress rehearsal footage and the judges scored that. 

Wouldn't ABC/Disney have some kind of CYA rider giving them the right to terminate a dancer (either pro or celeb) if they felt there was a possibility the dancer was doing something that could result in injury/illness? Some kind of liability protection so that the dancer could not make claims in the future that they were forced or pressured into competing?

• Love 1

I make the ATL/LAX flight every other month for business, it's 4-1/2 hours one way, close to 4 coming back with a heavy tail wind. And there's no way in hell I'd be on a jet, private or commercial, if I'd just had a mini-stroke. Kim needs to suck it up and resign, she's got 6 kids and a husband.....that's more important than some stupid dance competition.

• Love 2

Not only does the contract Kroy signed take so much money away from him via a lot of things, he also has to pay state and city taxes where the team plays.  I know that sounds stupid, but many states and cities have passed laws that if a player from opposing teams play in their cities, they must pay taxes in that state.  That really cuts into their take home pay.  Can you imagine their tax returns with all those W-2 forms?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/04/13/tax-day-april-15-accountant-pro-athletes/25742385/

Wendy Williams was brutal to Kim this morning.  She showed the selfie and said if you're really in hospital for a stroke/tia, how can you be concerned with taking a selfie.  She then said that this might be "fake" because KZ wants out of the show, but she said she just should have stubbed her toe and pulled out.  WW said she HATED being on DWTS, and would have done anything to get out of it, but certainly wouldn't have faked a stroke.

I guess Kim is prone to exaggeration and perhaps even lies but I will never accept Wendy's behavior on principal. She is always doing stories on Britney Spears's and Demi Lovato's mental health and does her finger in the the cuckoo circle around her head. I really wish someone would call her out on it. I get it's supposed to be funny but it's not.

• Love 8

Not only does the contract Kroy signed take so much money away from him via a lot of things, he also has to pay state and city taxes where the team plays. I know that sounds stupid, but many states and cities have passed laws that if a player from opposing teams play in their cities, they must pay taxes in that state. That really cuts into their take home pay. Can you imagine their tax returns with all those W-2 forms?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/04/13/tax-day-april-15-accountant-pro-athletes/25742385/

Wendy Williams was brutal to Kim this morning. She showed the selfie and said if you're really in hospital for a stroke/tia, how can you be concerned with taking a selfie. She then said that this might be "fake" because KZ wants out of the show, but she said she just should have stubbed her toe and pulled out. WW said she HATED being on DWTS, and would have done anything to get out of it, but certainly wouldn't have faked a stroke.

I don't think Kim is being particularly truthful about the situation, but I also don't think one selfie sheds any light on it either. It's not like she was portraying herself as unconscious or in a coma. Most people have their phones bedside these days. I see so many people posting pics of themselves or their kids at the hospital to garner sympathy likes... I'd think it'd be weird if Kim DIDN'T post a selfie.

What I find strange is that TMZ is reporting that the procedure on Friday was over a heart issue. Basically Kim had the TIA and the aftermath of that found heart problems. Either Kim has wrecked her body with all the crash dieting/6 kids/plastic surgery or she's lying out of her teeth for some reason.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/26/kim-zolciak-stroke-heart-operation-hospital-dancing-with-the-stars/

Edited by Saylii

She might've had a stent put in. You can usually return to normal activity in less than a week with that provided there's no followup issues, but dancing is most likely a big no no.

Are her kids in Atlanta? From her tweets this morning, it kind of sounded like she was with them.

I'm just appalled by Wendy's remarks about Kim.

As far as I know, no one beyond Kim's inner circle knows exactly what's happening and for Wendy to claim (for laughs??) that Kim was faking to get votes or to get out of the show...it just boggles the mind. 

As far as selfies go, laying in a hospital bed all day gets pretty boring. So what if she takes a selfie!

• Love 1

She might've had a stent put in. You can usually return to normal activity in less than a week with that provided there's no followup issues, but dancing is most likely a big no no.

Are her kids in Atlanta? From her tweets this morning, it kind of sounded like she was with them.

She was taken to an Atlanta-area hospital (she had the TIA after she got home from flying the redeye, presumably on Delta--not that it matters, between LAX & ATL Tuesday night after the show, landing in ATL early Wednesday morning), & released from the hospital sometime yesterday--or at least over the weekend--so I would assume she was with her kids & I'd assume they were all still in Atlanta (possibly depending on when her Tweets were timestamped) unless she pulled a fast one on her doctors & everybody flew to LA for tonight's DWTS after she was released.

My father had a stroke and Drs later found a hole in his heart. There's no definitive link (many people are walking around with a hole in the heart just fine) but he did opt to have it fixed. It was a day in hospital (not even overnight), the procedure itself only took about an hour. It was definitely painful for a few days and he absolutely wasn't in dancing shape - I seem to recall that they went In through the groin!

So the heart thing doesn't seem strange to me. EKG's etc are fairly standard and 'procedure' might just equal 'test.' If Kim's been telling the truth though, there's no way she's dancing tonight. Guess we'll find out soon...

My father had a stroke and Drs later found a hole in his heart. There's no definitive link (many people are walking around with a hole in the heart just fine) but he did opt to have it fixed. It was a day in hospital (not even overnight), the procedure itself only took about an hour. It was definitely painful for a few days and he absolutely wasn't in dancing shape - I seem to recall that they went In through the groin!

So the heart thing doesn't seem strange to me. EKG's etc are fairly standard and 'procedure' might just equal 'test.' If Kim's been telling the truth though, there's no way she's dancing tonight. Guess we'll find out soon...

I can empathize.  I hope your Dad is ok now.  My Dad had a series of TIAs then died of a hemorrhagic stoke - the blood thinners for the TIAs making the final stroke not survivable. 

For Kim, there may be a heart problem in addition to whatever is throwing off clots. I think for strokes, the stent goes into the neck, the heart they go into the groin and for the feet/legs they go into just above the hip joint.   It may take a fair amount of time for the whole Kim story to come out. 

Meanwhile, DWTSGossip tweeted a pic of Tony in costume. Now that's a puzzler.

I'm just appalled by Wendy's remarks about Kim.

As far as I know, no one beyond Kim's inner circle knows exactly what's happening and for Wendy to claim (for laughs??) that Kim was faking to get votes or to get out of the show...it just boggles the mind.

As far as selfies go, laying in a hospital bed all day gets pretty boring. So what if she takes a selfie!

It doesn't boggle my mind at all, not if you saw the woman on Atlanta Housewives. I wouldn't put anything past Kim if it gets her attention, and sympathy, because she's a delicate flower you know.

I am confused about the additional procedure also especially since she spent all day Saturday rehearsing with Tony and learned the whole dance - whatever she had done on Friday could not have been too taxing. Seems like she was cleared to dance but not to fly. 

I am confused about the additional procedure also especially since she spent all day Saturday rehearsing with Tony and learned the whole dance - whatever she had done on Friday could not have been too taxing. Seems like she was cleared to dance but not to fly. 

Is there any independent confirmation that she put in all this time and effort to learn the dance? I've seen and heard her for years and wouldn't believe anything based just on her say-so. Plus, she's a diva and probably would have quickly shown her sense of entitlement if she'd gone on. I don't blame WW for casting shade her way. Maybe not nice--maybe, in this particular case, it isn't fair (or it very well may be). But somehow, in the big picture, it's well deserved, imo.  Anyway, she's fine now and I'm glad she's gone and that others who are more committed to it (imo) remain.

• Love 1

Melissa, Steve-O, etc were treated in that way because they at least filmed something on the DWTS stage for them to score.

They could've allowed us to vote for Kim tonight but how would the other 50% of her total work if there was no judge score.

It's an unfortunate situation, but let's be honest, she would've been out this week or next so, to me it isn't a huge loss unlike say when Dorothy Hamil left first for her withdrawal when she could've possibly made the mid-point or longer.

Edited by PBGamer89