Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Kim Zolciak: Get Wiggy With the Real Housewife

• Start Topic

She could have had a catheterization with no stent if she is ok--I had that and was back up and about in a day--and it most definitely was a procedure.    They thought I had a blockage, but when they went in they didn't find anything--so they sent me home that afternoon. 

I went in with the warning if they found anything they'd do something about it but they didn't--so it was a lot of prep and poking and waiting, but the next day I was back to normal.

Wendy has never gotten over her DWTS experience and she is very tough on most of the people who go on it.   Kim did seem scared to death of it the first dance, and indeed she could have wanted out, but I seriously doubt she has the clout to get herself diagnosed and hospitalized for nothing just to get off a TV show she signed up for.

i hope she ends up ok--she has a lot of little kids to be a mom to.  Her big girls seem to have really turned out to be pretty nice girls.   Her kids with Kroy are all small and need a healthy mom so I hope she takes care of herself and does whatever they tell her.

It's not like she was portraying herself as unconscious or in a coma

Don't give Kim any ideas. I can't help it, I thought that statement was funny as hell. :)

I'm reminded of Phaedra Parks giving birth on RHoATL in full makeup, huge false eyelashes... and there's poor Kim without her eyelashes, so yeah, she must be deathly ill. *snarky sigh*

• Love 1

Imo even if she cant fly due to the pressurized cabin, being in a car for long hours is not a good idea.... unless she stopped every 45 minutes or less and walked around but still.... not good...

On a selfish note, glad she is gone.. Cant stand her.

Edited by ari333

What is this "get us back" campaign all about?? If her doctor tells her she cannot fly.... she cannot fly.... period. I am beginning to think more and more that her laziness was more in play than anything else.

Kim... you cannot dance.... stop trying to make us believe otherwise.

• Love 3

I think the show did the right thing by eliminating her. A stroke is nothing to mess around with. Besides, she's not entertaining at all so she won't be missed. 

What do you mean she's not entertaining? She's one of the most entertaining contestants the show's ever had--along with a few of Tony's other partners. And others! Sigh.

Ok, so how much do they get paid per episode?  With the flights back and forth (unless paid for by ABC), I don't know how she'd be making enough to go back and forth weekly.

Just saw this.......not sure how true anything is from this source.  

http://pagesix.com/2015/09/29/the-real-reason-kim-zolciak-got-booted-from-dwts/

The source says that Kim was "displeased that the producers didn't judge her rehearsal video".  

There are two things wrong with that statement.  First, the producers aren't the judges, and vice versa.  Second, and more importantly, there was no rehearsal video for anyone to judge, because there was no way she and Tony could have had a dress rehearsal in Atlanta, and that's the "rehearsal" that the judges always review and score in cases where a couple can't do the actual live performance for whatever reason.

Sorry, Kim, but you lost this one fair and square.  Now put on your big-girl panties, build a bridge, and get over it.

• Love 1

Melissa's dance wasn't dress rehearsal though it was on the stage(camera blocking). I can see why Kim would want to pout about it since all rehearsals are taped. But I do think being on the stage matters. Right after 2:10

Edited by tarotx

I just took a look at Kim's Twitter and God is she obnoxious.  If I had just suffered a stroke, even if it was just a mini stroke the last thing I would do is get myself this worked up over not being on DWTS anymore. She even retweeted someone suggesting her daughter could fill in for her.  I do think she was taken aback by how everything went down, because even Tony still sounds in shock here which I assume was done right after the show. They both need to give it a rest with the campaigning. 
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2015/09/kim-zolciak-forced-to-withdraw

• Love 1

Tony comes off sounding like as much of a pain in the ass to deal with as Kim is. I keep thinking back to the RHoATL reunions where Kim would be slapping her hands together, waving her arms around dramatically, and talking over top of people when she wasn't getting her way.

I just took a look at Kim's Twitter and God is she obnoxious. If I had just suffered a stroke, even if it was just a mini stroke the last thing I would do is get myself this worked up over not being on DWTS anymore. She even retweeted someone suggesting her daughter could fill in for her. I do think she was taken aback by how everything went down, because even Tony still sounds in shock here which I assume was done right after the show. They both need to give it a rest with the campaigning.

http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2015/09/kim-zolciak-forced-to-withdraw

I just finished watching the dances & the segment where Tom & Tony talk to Kim via Skype or FaceTime, or whatever.

It felt, to me, like he (Tony) "started" the whole "Keep Kim on the Show" thing--at least indirectly--by sort of begging TPTB if they could just stay on until next show since Kim will supposedly be able to fly back to LA in time for that, once Tom told them they were out & read them the very specific rule that applied to the situation (& I don't remember Tom ever quoting the specific rule regarding "inability to participate due to illness or injury" when other people had to drop out for it--perhaps they knew she'd be a pain in the ass about it before they dropped it on her/them?). Although earlier in the week, & after talking to Kim via whatever during the show, he seemed all "her health & being there for her family's what's important; a stroke's nothing to mess around with." about the situation. I don't know...

I'm glad Kim is off the show for the sake of her health. That's why the campaign seems so ridiculous to me. It just seems weird and desperate. I actually believed what she and Tony were saying......her health is more important that this show.  So stay home and get better. But I guess we only have to put up with the campaign until Monday, right? Because when they are not back maybe they will take the hint and let this go. 

What I find strange is that TMZ is reporting that the procedure on Friday was over a heart issue. Basically Kim had the TIA and the aftermath of that found heart problems. Either Kim has wrecked her body with all the crash dieting/6 kids/plastic surgery or she's lying out of her teeth for some reason.

My wife had an unexplained stroke at relatively early age (albeit a few years older than Kim lies about being).

As someone upthread mentioned, in terms of cardiac causes for the clot, they'd want to do an Echocardiogram.  That is usually just like a non-invasive ultrasound.  However, if a patient is particularly heavy, they have to do a "trans-esophageal" echo.  That means heavy anesthesia and snaking the monitor down the patient's throat.  I wouldn't be surprised if the ridiculous size of Kim's silicone funbags necessitated a TEE.

If they find a "hole in her heart" (a patent foraminal ovale, or PFO) then there is a procedure to basically put a cork in the hole.  However, it is not FDA-approved, and there is no consensus in the medical community that the PFOs are actually the cause of clots.  Fifty-percent of people with unexplained strokes turn out to have PFOs (which is higher than the general population).  But that also means that 50% don't.

The other possible culprit would be atrial fibrillation.  This is when the heart periodically goes into an abnormal rhythm which allows blood to clot inside the heart.  When the normal rhythm resumes, the clot is shot out of the heart into the blood-stream.  The problem is, the only way to diagnose AF is to see the abnormal rhythm on a monitor while it's happening.  After the heart returns to normal rhythm the AF leaves no evidence behind.  That means Kim would have to either be hooked up to a monitor in the hospital (and maybe they did detect AF while she was there) or wear a Halter Monitor for at least a week in order to get a decent sample-size to see if an AF shows up.

If she was actually up and practicing on Saturday, I seriously doubt that she underwent any sort of catheterization or laparoscopic procedure.  They wouldn't want her moving like that that soon after the procedure in order to ensure that the wound closes properly.

And, in terms of the wisdom of Kim being allowed to stay on this week:

Does it make any sense to have her rehearsing and then performing next Monday (all at some non-trivial risk to her health until the cause of the clot is determined, or at least until the worst possible causes are ruled out), for nothing because she would likely be the low-vote-getter this past Monday?

• Love 1

Given that the rules seem to bend for others,  like Melissa Rycroft who wasn't in dress rehearsal, and got a 25 for not dancing the night of the performance, I say regardless of how obnoxious Kim is -(that's why they hired her) she should be afforded the chance to screw up and be voted off.   She's gathering over 10 thousand signatures in less than 2 hours.  DWTS has to at some point give the crappy dancers the second chance that they give the frontrunners.   It's only fair.   

I'm not going to defend Melissa Rycroft (I think she's a toothy-tool and I'll never be un-convinced that she was the predetermined "TCO" for the "all-star" season).  But, iirc, she was injured after having completed her stage-blocking dance and TPTB apparently decided that since they had footage of her completing the entire routine that they could both judge and air, they'd go with that.  Now, to me, giving her a 25 is bullshit.  But that's a separate issue of favoritism.

In this case, TPTB had no such footage in the can before Kim took ill.  Having her perform the routine in solitary dance studio would raise all sorts of conspiracy-concerns about the footage being edited (as opposed to one straight run-through the dance), etc.  

I just don't see an inconsistency in the application of the rules here.  

And, frankly, I don't think Kim has any desire to continue in the competition.  IMO she's much happier getting to wallow in the sympathy and self-declared martyrdom without having to actually exert herself. 

Edited by Alapaki

One of her assistants must be cleaning up the critical comments on Kim's Facebook page.  I see comments from fans complaining about the "haters", but I don't see any critical comments.

She can't have it both ways:  "My health is the most important!"  "They should let me dance!"

• Love 1

Even Carlos said he didn't mind her getting a second chance, so other contestants wouldn't have had a problem either. If she was cleared to dance, they could have set up her dance in a studio there and had the judges give her scores. I don't care for her, but somehow I think if one of their favorites got injured they would have made it happen.

• Love 1
I just don't see an inconsistency in the application of the rules here.

Tony posted an instagram of them rehearsing, not in the studio mind you but it was a bit more animated than just marking when Rycroft was allowed to stay.  I think they have a case to put forward.  There is something on tape in rehearsal.  And it would be DWTS staff that shot the video, it would not have been a third party, they should at least get some credit for integrity of the product, it would need to be broadcast ready and the standard that is shot in all rehearsals.  They gotta fly to Atlanta when the stars do too. 

Rycroft was at the LA ballroom though, dancing on the same stage as everyone else.

And yet she didn't dance the night of the performance.  

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 1

And Rycroft's manager was an employee of DWTS, so she never should have been on the show in the first place. I'm not trying to turn this into a discussion about her, just pointing out that they have one set of rules for some people and another set for people like Kim.

• Love 1

Tony posted an instagram of them rehearsing, not in the studio mind you but it was a bit more animated than just marking when Rycroft was allowed to stay.  I think they have a case to put forward.  There is something on tape in rehearsal.  And it would be DWTS staff that shot the video, it would not have been a third party, they should at least get some credit for integrity of the product, it would need to be broadcast ready and the standard that is shot in all rehearsals.  They gotta fly to Atlanta when the stars do too. 

And yet she didn't dance the night of the performance.  

The big problem here is that Kim was not in LA. If she had never flew home after the Tuesday show, and even if the stroke still happened, they probably would had let her stay in. If she was still in LA she could have appeared in person and just done a double elimination next week. I think the lawyers and/or producers figured that since she can't fly as of now, and since she's so far away in Atlanta, they figured she just wasn't worth the hassle.

I just heard on the radio that there's a petition going to let Kim come back, or let her daughter Brielle be considered as a replacement. Just...no. If they're going to send a replacement, I vote for Kim's chef - Tracy, I think her name is. From the footage we saw, it looks like she does everything for Kim, anyway.

• Love 4

Do people seriously want to watch Kim sleepwalk through a performance in a crappy practice space in Atlanta? That's must see TV right there. How about Andy just Snapchats in his performances from tour? Snapchat the whole show! It'd save a lot of overhead. 

The faux confusion about why that should be allowed is baffling. 

• Love 2

The big problem here is that Kim was not in LA. If she had never flew home after the Tuesday show, and even if the stroke still happened, they probably would had let her stay in. If she was still in LA she could have appeared in person and just done a double elimination next week. I think the lawyers and/or producers figured that since she can't fly as of now, and since she's so far away in Atlanta, they figured she just wasn't worth the hassle.

But that can't be fair.  Stars fly home all the time.  For something to happen while she's on the road but still under contract to the show is the same as her being in LA and having to go to the hospital.  She wasn't available for the performance, neither was Melissa Rycroft or Steveo, or others who sustained an injury and couldn't perform.        

Do people seriously want to watch Kim sleepwalk through a performance in a crappy practice space in Atlanta? That's must see TV right there. How about Andy just Snapchats in his performances from tour? Snapchat the whole show! It'd save a lot of overhead. 

The faux confusion about why that should be allowed is baffling. 

You know as well as anyone that the tv crew goes with the star and the pro when they rehearse outside of LA.   It's not snapchat.  There's no confusion.  

a crappy practice space in Atlanta? 

I didn't want to watch Melissa Rycroft keep hiking up her ugly jeans, marking instead of full out dancing on a very dark set in season 8, but that's what we got

I just heard on the radio that there's a petition going to let Kim come back, or let her daughter Brielle be considered as a replacement. Just...no. If they're going to send a replacement, I vote for Kim's chef - Tracy, I think her name is. From the footage we saw, it looks like she does everything for Kim, anyway.

There shouldn't be replacements, it has to be the person who started the show.  I bet Master T wishes he wasn't a replacement for his son. 

But that can't be fair.  Stars fly home all the time.  For something to happen while she's on the road but still under contract to the show is the same as her being in LA and having to go to the hospital.  She wasn't available for the performance, neither was Melissa Rycroft or Steveo, or others who sustained an injury and couldn't perform.        

It's totally not fair. I'm looking at it through the POV of the lawyers/producers who would find the situation more manageable if Kim had been in LA when she had the stroke. She would have recovered, done the rehearsal on the DWTS stage, shown it to the judges, and then Kim could have been there in person to get feedback and go chat with Erin. Her being in Atlanta and not being cleared to fly made a slightly tricky situation much more complex.     

Edited by fpbl83

It's totally not fair. I'm looking at it through the POV of the lawyers/producers who would find the situation more manageable if Kim had been in LA when she had the stroke. She would have recovered, done the rehearsal on the DWTS stage, shown it to the judges, and then Kim could have been there in person to get feedback and go chat with Erin. Her being in Atlanta and not being cleared to fly made a slightly tricky situation much more complex.

Kim even said, in the video chat with Tom & Tony Monday night, if she'd been in Vegas--or somewhere else that's a reasonable drive to LA, since she couldn't fly on doctor's orders--she'd have been there Monday night. But she may have been deluding herself about being medically cleared for a long drive like Vegas to LA too (shrugs).

However, of course, Atlanta isn't a reasonable drive to LA. She'd have had to have left straight from the hospital when she was released on Friday, probably, & maybe she still wouldn't have made it to LA in time for the show--& forget about the camera blocking, dress rehearsal, & anything else that goes on in the "ballroom"/on set before the live show on Monday.

Kim even said, in the video chat with Tom & Tony Monday night, if she'd been in Vegas--or somewhere else that's a reasonable drive to LA, since she couldn't fly on doctor's orders--she'd have been there Monday night. But she may have been deluding herself about being medically cleared for a long drive like Vegas to LA too (shrugs).

However, of course, Atlanta isn't a reasonable drive to LA. She'd have had to have left straight from the hospital when she was released on Friday, probably, & maybe she still wouldn't have made it to LA in time for the show--& forget about the camera blocking, dress rehearsal, & anything else that goes on in the "ballroom"/on set before the live show on Monday.

Sure. But how does one excuse Melissa Rycroft?  She was in LA and didn't dance.  Lacey Schwimmer filled in for her and Melissa gets a 25.   Didn't Jenna fill in for Kim?  No score awarded. You know that's bull shit, even though she's not a favored contestant it's two sets of rules and it smells bad.  It's interesting because Tony looked a little perplexed because he knows very well how his partner Melissa was treated and how the rules have changed for Kim.

And to be honest, the way the show bent over backwards into a pretzel to keep Rycroft on the show was far more manipulative of the outcome than allowing a lower rung dancer a second chance. We know Kim won't last, but to be dumped instead of getting a try is why this show is dirty and getting to be unwatchable.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 1

Sure. But how does one excuse Melissa Rycroft?  She was in LA and didn't dance.  Lacey Schwimmer filled in for her and Melissa gets a 25.   Didn't Jenna fill in for Kim?  No score awarded. You know that's bull shit, even though she's not a favored contestant it's two sets of rules and it smells bad. 

Anything to do with Rycroft smelled bad, both times she was on the show.  I think they started a bad precedent with her, then continued it with Steve-O and Amy Purdy.   I know why they did it for Melissa (her manager worked for the show at the time) and Amy (Golden Boy's partner), still not sure about Steve-O though.  I do wonder how it would have been handled for Kim if she had been in LA instead of across the country.

I'm fairly sure if Kim had been in LA she'd have performed and this discussion would never have happened.

I'd have been astonished if they hadn't acted as they did; having Kim withdraw certainly fit the rules as I understood them. From Tony's Afterbuzz interview and from the Afterbuzz aftershow it sounds like the PTB were considering keeping Kim on but decided against with no notice, which is what annoys me; Kim and Tony were totally unaware they were about to be dumped.

Edited by Serendi
  • Love 1

Based on past precedence, they probably should have scored something. You can't tell me that there is absolutely no way that a performance couldn't have been shown over live feed, compared to some of the things done in the past. It wouldn't have been great, but it would have been scorable. The audience could have decided whether she was worth keeping or not.

I wonder what they would do in a situation if say, Meryl, wasn't able to get back to LA in time because of a flight delay/bad connection/airport issue in week 3. Would she be automatically disqualified from the entire competition? Or would they find a way to make it work?

I'd be interested to see what the actual language of the actual rule that DWTS actually has to follow says. Does it say the contestant has to be healthy enough to perform every week? Does it say they have to be on their stage? Is it because she had an illness/injury outside of DWTS and wasn't a workman's comp-esque situation? I do believe the injuries that they have let other footage be used happened with injuries that occurred on set.

As of right now, it just reeks of a "We didn't like you" excuse. I'm not saying that's particularly wrong in this case, but I feel it does take away from the show.

But how does one excuse Melissa Rycroft?  She was in LA and didn't dance.  Lacey Schwimmer filled in for her and Melissa gets a 25.   Didn't Jenna fill in for Kim?  No score awarded. You know that's bull shit, even though she's not a favored contestant it's two sets of rules and it smells bad.

Precedent for judging rehearsal footage was actually established with Steve-O in week 2 of season 8 when he pulled a muscle in his back and didn't perform live. Melissa didn't injure herself until week 8, where they scored her rehearsal footage for her jive and based the team dance scores on Shawn and Chuck's performances. Lacey filling in her spot in the team dances had no bearing on the score (or so they claim, but Derek's team tango won the night anyway, so I'm not sure it mattered), and I don't think it wouldn't been fair to Shawn and Chuck to screw up their dance by taking Melissa and Tony's part out completely, so instead they disregarded Lacey's performance but left the choreo in as a placeholder.

If anything is fishy about Melissa's injury judgment it's that she got a 25 for a mediocre rehearsal, but that's it.

Fact is, Kim wasn't even in the state. She had had ... what ... maybe one day of practice?, probably had never put on the costume or mapped out the dance in an appropriately sized space. She was insanely underprepared to perform a dance on live TV, even if she was cleared to do it by her doctors (which I'm not even sure she was). I feel badly that that was how she went out, but I also think that's part of the game. IMO, if you can't dance, or can't show up to dance in some "official" capacity (dress rehearsal, camera blocking, something that says "hey, I was prepared for this"), then that's it, thanks for playing, goodbye.

It sucks for her and for Tony that there was apparently some glimmer of hope that she'd be able to continue, but I think the producers did the only thing they could.

• Love 3

I don't follow any of the stars' or the pros' social media bleatings, but did Kim or Tony actually ask to be judged on anything from last week?  Because all I heard, at least on-air, was their plea to be allowed to stick around (apparently some sort of injury-immunity) and maybe try to dance next week if her doctor says it's ok.

I don't follow any of the stars' or the pros' social media bleatings, but did Kim or Tony actually ask to be judged on anything from last week? Because all I heard, at least on-air, was their plea to be allowed to stick around (apparently some sort of injury-immunity) and maybe try to dance next week if her doctor says it's ok.

I'm not sure what happened off-camera, but Kim and Tony are at least saying that they were willing to dance in Atlanta or to be judged on rehearsal footage. I believe the camera crew have at least one taped version of the whole dance in whatever studio they used in Atlanta. They had left off with the producers researching what options they had, then they asked Kim to be on a live feed during the show. That's when they were told they were eliminated. They didn't choose to withdraw for health reasons like Dorothy Hamill and Billy Dee Williams.

• Love 1

If anything is fishy about Melissa's injury judgment it's that she got a 25 for a mediocre rehearsal, but that's it.

No, Melissa got 2 scores a 21 for a rehearsal and a 25 for not dancing the Mambo.  If we apply the draconian rule they slapped on Kim it would be no scores at all. Hell they could have not given that 25 to Melissa, just give it to the team instead, that would not have penalized the team, that would have put that Chuck Wicks guy in the semis, but poor Melissa needed the points to get to the semis so the producers made it happen for her.

Moreover, Melissa might well have been in another state, she wasn't in the hospital or in the studio rooting the team on, she was incommunicado for that performance show.

Edited by Andie1