Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Fashion Flip

• Start Topic

I don't see a general gabbery type thread, so I'll ask here....  it appears that the Project Runway website no longer has a Rate the Runway section, so where can I go to review pictures of the designs each week?  I tried googling, but that's not helping me much.  It's hard for me to remember who did what this early in the season.

I don't see a general gabbery type thread, so I'll ask here....  it appears that the Project Runway website no longer has a Rate the Runway section, so where can I go to review pictures of the designs each week?  I tried googling, but that's not helping me much.  It's hard for me to remember who did what this early in the season.

Go to photos and click on final looks.

Unless I'm blind, I can't see that they identify the designer with the final look.

When you go to the big screen view of the Final Looks slideshow, click the "show captions" at the bottom left of box. That brings up the name of the designer. 

Well, this was early for everyone to crash. Usually filler episodes come later. I guess I should have expected such pedestrian looks from the Mary Kay challenge.

HATE- Blake (It looked like he'd strapped a tent to his model.), Edmond, Swapnil, Jake, Amanda, Merline (So many bad decisions in one look)

Hate a little less- Laurie (just very old-fashioned and 80's), Gabrielle (really poorly constructed but not the worst design)

OK- Kelly, Joseph (basic and not that original but otherwise fine)

GOOD- Ashley, Candice (Well, actually I didn't like her jacket but the dominatrix in me loves a leather dress and it was really well constructed given how much time she had.)

I know I saw this every week but I would never want to buy Mary Kay makeup after seeing it on this show. When the makeup artist was putting the eyeshadow on Edmond's model, did you see all the fallout on her cheeks. That should not happen unless the makeup is super cheap and poorly made or the makeup artist is terrible. At this point, I think both are true. His smoky eyes didn't look that great either.

I know I'm late to this party, but the discussion about Mary Kay is interesting. No idea what it's like (don't think we have it here) and I realized how hard it is to judge except by brand image, as I guess we all buy one item at a time.

But two questions: how much MK do Nina and Heidi have in their make-up drawers, rather than Burberry, Charlotte Tilbury, Armani etc? And what would have happened if a contestant had sent out a double-knit pant suit, as they were trying to dress "the Mary Kay girl"??

• Love 1

I got...nothing. Not yet anyway. The construction on Blake's dress was just so so awful. Painfully awful. And that said nothing to me about New York. Sky diving maybe, but not New York. Swapnil was totally robbed.

Another designer goes home, and I never really got her name.

Anybody else sick of the Architecture Designer's stuff? I know I am. It's getting old.

I am ready to see the architect being (Heidi's infamous line) "one of you will be out" one of the next contestants (I don't want to praise her calling her a designer) to be eliminated. Good riddance. No creativity IMO. Edited by NolaBorn

I know I'm late to this party, but the discussion about Mary Kay is interesting. No idea what it's like (don't think we have it here) and I realized how hard it is to judge except by brand image, as I guess we all buy one item at a time.

But two questions: how much MK do Nina and Heidi have in their make-up drawers, rather than Burberry, Charlotte Tilbury, Armani etc? And what would have happened if a contestant had sent out a double-knit pant suit, as they were trying to dress "the Mary Kay girl"??

Well, they ought to get slammed because wearing Mary Kay does not mean a woman wears doubleknit polyester pant suits. I know quite a few women who wear Mary Kay, some who are in their 20s and 30s, and wore it myself when I was younger. I haven't worn doubleknit polyester since grade school in the 70s when everyone was wearing it.

Even in the South, women are often quite stylish and fashionable, even Junior Leaguers. They are probably more so, in fact, because they are the ones who can afford it. And when they get to middle age, they aren't in Junior League any more (I think). But it's not like women in the south don't know what's in style. They watch TV and read magazines, too, and aren't wandering around in doubleknit polyester or even overalls with no shoes.

• Love 3