Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Revelations

Cranberry

Wow... that was underwhelming.

It was Piper! I'm shocked! Not.

Nor was I particularly shocked that they're suggesting Audrey was her partner.

I want more info on WHY each person was chosen, though.

Sigh. Yep, underwhelmed.

• Love 2

Kind of disappointed in the ending, it's technically another cliff hanger.  So in that abandoned building, are we supposed to assume that it was Audrey who wore the mask and attacked Piper and Will?  I guess there are still a couple of unanswered questions, why Audrey and Piper writing with each other?  I so hope they're not lovers and Audrey was just erasing her tracks.

I'm going to post my thoughts on the episode tomorrow after I've had time to digest everything that occurred, but I did want to say, once again, that I love Brooke. Her, "I hate this freezer!" solidified my membership of her fan club. I'll be rooting for her to make it to the end of S2! 

• Love 7

I really liked the Wes Craven dedication at the start of the episode. I was afraid the episode would have already been locked before his death, and too late to add it. Thanks for the screams, indeed.

I'm not sure how I feel about the killer reveal and ending cliffhanger, especially for what it means for the future, since, well, we know. Unless they plan on taking the "mystery" aspect out of what had always been a murder mystery.

Either that, or Audrey's season two's opening victim.

I guess there are still a couple of unanswered questions, why Audrey and Piper writing with each other?  I so hope they're not lovers and Audrey was just erasing her tracks.

I got the feeling that Audrey contacted Piper, and gave her the info about her parentage, and possibly Brandon James in general.

• Love 1

So this means Audrey killed Rachel then right? No reason as of yet as to why Rachel had to die other than now it seems like Piper was speaking the truth when she said Rachel's parents said Audrey talked Rachel into doing things she didn't want to do. If I had to venture a guess as to the reason why....I'm guessing Audrey tried to bring Rachel into the plan w/ Piper and Rachel balked and so she had to go.

Totally underwhelming with the reveal of the killer and Audrey showing up at the dock. It was so obvious how it would go down.

So they can't find Piper's body.....I'm guessing Audrey switched out the bullets w/ blanks.

What I thought the biggest plot hole of this entire season was that all these kids trusted Piper for no reason at all. A stranger comes to town in the midst of a murder spree and everyone just trusts her blindly.

Well I'm out. This show is just ridiculous like Emma having no issue climbing into the back of an ambulance after a major wound across her stomach which would more than likely require stitches.

• Love 5

Eh.  I was hoping they would pull a killer out of left field instead of going with daughter = Piper = killer which everyone guessed episodes ago.

I was irritated with Emma and her mother through out.  'Don't untie him, rushing killed Will.  Remember?'  'My mother would never have left me in the dark, waiting for a deputy who hadn't showed up, at the scene of a murder, with a serial killer running lose.'  'Bring the cops.  Dumbass.'  And on and on it went.

It was fairly obvious Audrey was somehow involved as soon as she found the body in the pool house and confronted the killer.  However, I don't think Audrey's involvement was Piper's secret that she got shot before revealing (probably the reason Audrey shot her).

I'm calling it now, if they cast an older male relative for Audrey next season, it will turn out that he's Brandon James after may more surgeries finally reconstructed his face.  He's been living there all this time and Audrey and Emma are both half sisters of Piper.  Rather than Audrey's DNA being in the mask I think it wasn't a close enough match to exclude a half sibling so Piper's DNA is mistaken for Audrey.

Bailed out on this show on ep. 4 but I was curious who the killer would turn out to be. About 5 minutes I guessed that blogger was the killer even after missing like half season. Great work!

Glad to see I missed nothing and the show still sucks. Acting still subpar, mystery bland as all hell and then we have cliffhangers. This show should be telling new stories every season.

Fuck this show. I hate that's it's even a little bit connected to the legacy of Wes Craven. RIP

• Love 3

Ah, they left the Audrey thing open enough so that they can easily find some kind of logic to explain it away or at least make it so that Audrey never actually killed anyone. Maybe Piper was blackmailing her with something for her help, maybe Audrey was for it at the beginning but then backed out (possibly why Rachel was killed?), not sure. But I'm guessing she has some tie to Brandon James and that stuff with play a big role in S2, since I can't imagine, if she's a legit accomplice, that Audrey's gonna start murdering everyone right away. Though I suppose there's always the chance for a time jump. But even then, there's not much mystery in it if we know who the killer is from the get go. I still think it's possible that Brandon James is alive and he was Piper's real accomplice (or Emma's father), and Audrey has some kind of other connection that's not quite as bad. Either way, I'm sure that will be drawn out all next season.

Pretty weak finale, nobody but the sheriff, nameless red shirt and Piper died, how boring. Couldn't have at least killed Branson? The show down was pretty anti-climatic as well. Glad to see I totally predicted how the Audrey/killer and then Audrey/Noah scenes from the previews would go though, so predictable.

Edited by colorbars

I had to laugh at Piper's deranged monologuing there at the end (she certainly dropped the laid-back facade!), but it was in the spirit of the films, so I'm okay with it. I knew Audrey was her helper (or perhaps the mastermind?) the second she confronted the killer and the camera cut away. I'm not surprised by that twist; I'd sort of been expecting it after rewatching the show and taking note of just how often Audrey had no alibi. I'm proud of myself for noticing that her key necklace was significant, though! She wore it in every episode and sometimes idly toyed with it as she spoke to people, so I figured it was to some kind of locked box or storage locker or something.  I also suspect that Brandon lived and had another kid and that Audrey and Piper are half-siblings.

Anyway. I'm annoyed that the one remaining non-straight character is (seemingly) bad, but I'm glad that she lived and will be in season two. I'm interested to see where they go from here.

Also, I'm happy that they didn't literally fridge (well, freezer) Brooke. She's really grown on me and now she's up there with Noah and Audrey (yes, still) as my favorites.

Scream EP Talks

's Surprising Accomplice, Possible Season 2 Returns

TVLINE | Would you consider Audrey the villain of Season 2, in that case?

I would call her a wild card of Season 2. The depth of her involvement isn’t yet revealed — just a connection to Piper. Like I said, not knowing if she ever donned the mask and actually killed someone is a big part of what’s going to keep people truly intrigued. And the fact that… her friends don’t know. You imagine the moment when Noah finds out that Audrey was a part of this, and you’re like, “That’s a hell of a TV moment that I can’t wait to see.”

Scream postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?

They couldn’t find Piper’s body. Can you confirm Piper is dead?

Piper is dead. I will put a period at the end of that sentence. The body being found or not being found was a bookend to the Brandon James of it. Yes, Piper is gone.

Will the season 2 story be about whoever the partner may be?

Definitely. You have to find your new mystery for season 2 and keeping our kids at the heart of that. Noah (John Karna) asks a very simple question that’s going to kick it all off, which is, “Who was the person behind the mask when Piper and Will [Connor Weil] were attacked?” Yes, we’re definitely pointing you down a path, but the characters don’t know that. It’s such a fine line to balance. I’m just going to throw it out there: If you care about Audrey, you’ll care about what happens in season 2 and her mystery will definitely be the jumping off point.

• Love 3

The overall plot arc was fairly weak but I did enjoy the bonding between Brook and Audrey about boys being pigs.

Emma and her mom really should have died. They are both too stupid to live. Emma wandering off to confront killers without telling the cops yet again because that totally worked out so well the last time in the bowling alley of doom. As for Daisy for a woman who has a teenager whose the target of prank calls by a serial killer, she's so blase about her being out late and confronting killers and showing up at crime scenes.

I don't like Emma. Audrey or Brooke would have made more entertaining Survivor girls.

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 5

Who do you think talked to Brandon James mom, since Piper lied about it being Kerran? I originally thought Branson and still do.

Audrey is so shady, something has to tie back to her, so that at the very end, everyone can be like: I knew it!

In Scream:2, remember Billy's mom.. The reporter (wannabe). Well, she hired Mike off of a serial killer website, maybe Audrey met Piper on a blog, and hit it off. (They're both #Camerahappy #Basicbloggers). I feel a lot of Audrey's actions are gonna backfire for her S2:E2-ish.

Kind of disappointed in the ending, it's technically another cliff hanger.  So in that abandoned building, are we supposed to assume that it was Audrey who wore the mask and attacked Piper and Will?  I guess there are still a couple of unanswered questions, why Audrey and Piper writing with each other?  I so hope they're not lovers and Audrey was just erasing her tracks.

This is part of the problem with Audrey being the accomplice. The person who attacked Piper and Will was about the same height as Will and Audrey is short, so it couldn't be her. I already see Audrey, perhaps the biggest fan favorite being given an out for ultimate culpability with the secret Piper was going to reveal being which person Emma trusts was her accomplice in the barely serial killer sweepstakes.

• Love 1

I agree with the underwhelmed feel. The show chickened out from what was promised that first episode, i.e. spending the proper time to build the characters up so their deaths meant more to the audience. I actually spent the first half of the finale nervous that Brooke was going to die or that Noah was going to be revealed as one of the killers, but around the half-way mark I'd guess they were going the easy route with the killer and the only blood that was going to be spilled was the sheriff. I'll be back for season two because all things considered it was an enjoyable ten episodes, but I hope going forward they're more willing to take some chances.

• Love 1

Who do you think talked to Brandon James mom, since Piper lied about it being Kerran? I originally thought Branson and still do.

That whole scene was orchestrated by Piper, we don't even know if that old woman was Cassie James. Or if she is in fact Cassie James, did Piper coerce her into saying her grandson visited her, or did Piper hire some random dude to pose as her "grandson"?

I'd guess they were going the easy route with the killer and the only blood that was going to be spilled was the sheriff. I'll be back for season two because all things considered it was an enjoyable ten episodes, but I hope going forward they're more willing to take some chances.

They won't take chances, that's why I'm out for Season 2.

Well... that was both exactly what I expected (Piper) and exactly what I hoped wouldn't happen (Audrey's ambiguous complicity). Damn.

Nobody, probably.

That's nice that statutory rape is legal in Lakewood and Branson got released. Charming. 

• Love 2

Honestly I pegged Piper as the sister/daughter (who didn't) I was just not sure she was the killer. Not sure how I feel about that.

Did like the Audry reveal plus her scenes with Brooke were great.

Underwhelming but still fun enough to watch season 2

Even Lakewood has due process, he may have been charged and paid bail pending trial.  There did seem to be some lawyerly type right behind him as he was leaving the jailhouse.

Ah, okay -- I got the impression they were saying he was leaving and starting over somewhere else. I watch too many teen shows where statutory rape is hand-waved or even shipped, so I had low expectations.

• Love 1

Even Lakewood has due process, he may have been charged and paid bail pending trial. There did seem to be some lawyerly type right behind him as he was leaving the jailhouse.

Brooke's unseen and unheard mother is the only one who could, right? Brooke's a minor, her father is in jail for covering up an overdose fatality, Who else could there be?

If Branson is in season two at all, I would guess that maybe a plea bargain was reached, in result of the whole jailbreak… thing.

I have no idea if that sort of thing could happen in real life, but as demonstrated numerous times, this franchise and reality don't often meet.

Brooke's unseen and unheard mother is the only one who could, right? Brooke's a minor, her father is in jail for covering up an overdose fatality, Who else could there be?

Once something like that is on record (which I'm assuming it is since a dozen cops walked in on him and his mostly-naked student and he likely had to come clean about that part of it when questioned), the prosecutors are the ones who press (or do not press) charges, a parent/guardian's vested interest is irrelevant. But of course, as you say, this show isn't exactly winning any verisimilitude awards!

I really hope we don't see him again.

Even Lakewood has due process, he may have been charged and paid bail pending trial. There did seem to be some lawyerly type right behind him as he was leaving the jailhouse.

Well I at least give the show points for not pimping them out as a twu luv like PLL is fond of doing. It looks more likely that Brooke and Dudebro (what is his name?) are being pushed instead. (Which is actually a better story anyway.)

Well like many I thought Audrey was involved from the get go, the stereotypical killer lesbian. You only have to see how poorly they deal with sexuality in Faking it to know MTV would be this crass. My guess is that Audrey is in love with Emma, that her situation parallels Daisy and Brandon in some way, and that will come out in time. And most of us had guessed Piper was Brandon's spawn and likely one of the killers, so that was an anticlimax. They kind of telegraphed that, what with Piper going all crazy eyes lately. 

The one surprise for me in this episode is just how much I did not want Brooke to die. I'll probably tune in next season because I've grown attached to her!

• Love 3

I liked it. Yes, Piper's being the secret Brandon/Daisy baby and the murderer was obvious for weeks but I liked the cliffhanger of Audrey and I was okay with more people not dying because I figured with a series, they wanted to have a number of characters still around for season 2. The biggest thing pointing to Audrey as a suspect is the fact that she was seen being attacked by the killer but survived with nothing but a scratch and then she coincidentally popped up after and shot Piper before she revealed her so called big secret to Emma.

That said, I still think there's a way for the writers to throw a twist where they make it that Audrey was just speaking to Piper because she contacted Audrey as a podcaster talking about serial killers and wanted to know about Brandon James. And Audrey got rid of the correspondence now that Piper was revealed as the killer, so she wouldn't look guilty and like an accomplice. I'm sure there are some holes in there but it could work. I mean maybe that's why Piper didn't kill her - because they'd been corresponding and she considered herself and Audrey friends. And hell maybe that's why Rachel was killed - Piper was jealous of their relationship. That's why Rachel seemed the out-lier of the victims. 

I still think Audrey, Jake and Kieran are all still questionable moving forward. All three conveniently vanished when everything went down and reappeared, completely safe and alive. Kieran says he was practice shooting and got the text and conveniently showed up. Jake somehow missed all the kids running away from Brooke's party and randomly popped back up, unhurt and of course Audrey is held by the killer but is fine. We actually saw Brooke being attacked - yes I know we saw Piper as well but I always thought it was suspicious that Piper just got smacked in the head while Will was taken. That was obviously a set up, just like I'm still suspicious about Jake's stabbing incident. And of course Noah was with Emma while the killer was roaming around. 

That said, Noah is still a possibility, based on the tech stuff - like the malware, as well as the killer messing with the lines so that no one was getting their calls and texts and notifications. It's entirely possible that Noah's involvement is limited to the creative side of things and not actually physically killing anyone. But the point is, I think the show left enough questions and suspicions for the next season to be interesting. Speaking of Noah, I hope I am wrong about his maybe being involved because he was cracking me up all episode. When he said, "oh crap, I'm going to die aren't I..." I cracked up. Also, maybe part of me still wants to believe Kieran is involved because I really don't like him. The actor just bugs for some reason. 

Finally, the biggest question I felt was still unanswered, is who really killed the teenagers years ago, that the town thought was Brandon. Emma's mom insisted he was innocent and Piper sort of spoke I thought, like it was Emma's mom, especially when she insisted that the woman was trying to protect herself that night when she met Brandon and some other stuff. I don't know if the writers didn't realize that wasn't answered or if it was deliberate because I would think that's very significant. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Finally, the biggest question I felt was still unanswered, is who really killed the teenagers years ago, that the town thought was Brandon. Emma's mom insisted he was innocent and Piper sort of spoke I thought, like it was Emma's mom, especially when she insisted that the woman was trying to protect herself that night when she met Brandon and some other stuff. I don't know if the writers didn't realize that wasn't answered or if it was deliberate because I would think that's very significant. 

I was a bit confused by this too. For a moment I thought Piper, in stating Emma's mom was a monster, was going to reveal she was the earlier killer, or at least somehow actively involved. But then that fizzled and I reinterpreted it as Piper just laying it on thick with the rage, and the writers trying to establish a motive for Piper's revenge. 

So I don't know if that was deliberate or not. 

I do think that the original killer is still out there, and obviously has to be around the age of Emma's mom (or older). Maybe we'll get introduced to them next season, or maybe they're either the mayor or Audrey's dad, the only two other parents we've been shown. 

• Love 3

Count me in as someone who was hoping Brooke wouldn't die and was glad she didn't. She grew on me and I really liked her scene with Audrey. Still think they should've at least killed Branson off. Brooke seems to be more into Jake, and I don't see the school hiring him back again, so what's the point of keeping him alive? Unless he was in on it after all.

I liked it. Yes, Piper's being the secret Brandon/Daisy baby and the murderer was obvious for weeks but I liked the cliffhanger of Audrey and I was okay with more people not dying because I figured with a series, they wanted to have a number of characters still around for season 2. The biggest thing pointing to Audrey as a suspect is the fact that she was seen being attacked by the killer but survived with nothing but a scratch and then she coincidentally popped up after and shot Piper before she revealed her so called big secret to Emma.

That said, I still think there's a way for the writers to throw a twist where they make it that Audrey was just speaking to Piper because she contacted Audrey as a podcaster talking about serial killers and wanted to know about Brandon James. And Audrey got rid of the correspondence now that Piper was revealed as the killer, so she wouldn't look guilty and like an accomplice. I'm sure there are some holes in there but it could work. I mean maybe that's why Piper didn't kill her - because they'd been corresponding and she considered herself and Audrey friends. And hell maybe that's why Rachel was killed - Piper was jealous of their relationship. That's why Rachel seemed the out-lier of the victims.

There's a lot of questions I would have if Audrey was legitimately a partner in all of this, and knew and helped Piper the whole time. Even if Piper was about to reveal Audrey's part in all of this to Emma when Audrey shot her, what difference would it have made? Piper's plan was to kill Emma and Maggie, so the only people that would know would be dead, so Audrey still saved Emma because she seemingly didn't want her to die. I suppose that could be because she wanted to play with her more, but she's shown to be protective of Emma, so I don't know.

But yeah, for all we know Audrey had been talking to her before she came and possibly brought her to Lakewood, maybe to investigate the Brandon James stuff for whatever reason, and didn't even realize she was killing people. Or maybe Audrey did kill Nina/Tyler (or at least helped) but that was all she wanted to do, but Piper was blackmailing her to help more (and maybe killed Rachel as a warning for if she told anyone?), there's a few ways. The creator saying they went with Audrey because she's a fan favorite and are counting on fans caring, plus the lack of risks they took everywhere else in this finale, I'm sure they'll find a way to fix it.

I don't know why I thought this but for some reason i thought this show was going the route of AHS as an different story each season.

Back to this episode, I did shout "I knew it!" When Piper turned out to be the killer. But no one that important died so nothing really shocked me. I don't know how I feel about Audrey being in on it. I agree with everyone, Brooke is awesome and I hope she lives in season 2.

From the first time Piper had a scene completely by herself (right after the "attack" on her and Will) I knew she was guilty. While people like Emma, Brooke, and Noah (and even Audrey?) have had scenes by themselves where their behavior clearly showed their innocence, Piper's one scene was completely non-descript. It felt way too much like they were TRYING to imply she wasn't involved by showing her like that, but they really gave no actual evidence whatsoever, which just confirmed to me that she was one of the killers.

Pretty sure Audrey is a red herring. I don't know why they'd "reveal" the answer to that question literally seconds after it had been asked, especially when there needs to be a mystery next season.

As much as I'm disappointed by the lack of deaths, I'm glad Brooke lived. I was concerned for her when she was stabbed and locked in the freezer. And that scene was actually legitimately scary, so kudos.

• Love 1

I think my favorite part of the episode was Noah going out of his way to say the opposite of things that get people killed in horror movies.

"I am against us splitting up. I am not two days from retirement. And I will not be right back."

I don't know why I thought this but for some reason i thought this show was going the route of AHS as an different story each season.

Fox's Scream Queens was announced from the start to be planned as an anthology series, so I'm kind of glad this is going the more traditional continuing story route.

• Love 5

One thing this episode did was prove why an extra needs to wear the costume.  I swear the killer showed up at the end of the dock and I immediately thought 'well that is a woman in that costume'  It was noticeable even though there was no one else in the shot to give an idea of relative height and build.

I think my favorite part of the episode was Noah going out of his way to say the opposite of things that get people killed in horror movies.

"I am against us splitting up. I am not two days from retirement. And I will not be right back."

Agreed. But seriously, I was totally with him on the not splitting up. That makes no sense to me in this situation and he was against it too when they were in the bowling alley. Some psycho serial killer is roaming around so you guys are going to split up, thereby making yourselves more vulnerable.

• Love 1

This is part of the problem with Audrey being the accomplice. The person who attacked Piper and Will was about the same height as Will and Audrey is short, so it couldn't be her. I already see Audrey, perhaps the biggest fan favorite being given an out for ultimate culpability with the secret Piper was going to reveal being which person Emma trusts was her accomplice in the barely serial killer sweepstakes.

I noticed this too.  it really is a bit unlikely to have the accomplice be Audrey at all of 5'3".  

My immediate reaction to the cliffhanger is that I have two theories on Audrey's involvement.

Option 1 is that she was the mastermind, found out about Piper somehow and manipulated her psycho ass into going after Emma as some sort of revenge for Emma dumping her as a friend.  In that scenario, everything that Audrey did from pretty much her first frame was a set up. And the only logic to attacking Rachel would have been to make Emma feel responsible for her "suicide".  But then, it was Audrey who was already on board with debunking the suicide story and never promoted the idea of Emma blaming herself for the Killer selecting Rachel.  So if that was her goal... weird.  I guess should could have also just wanted to kill Rachel for some reason and staged the suicide knowing it would be figured out, but enjoying the day or two of torture for Emma.

Option 2 is that Audrey enjoyed Piper's audio blog and wrote her a letter/e-mail/posting for some reason. Piper, already knowing about and stewing over her bio parentage, sees that Audrey is from Lakewood and begins a correspondence with Audrey to get information about the town and hopefully Emma and her mom.  In which case, Audrey wouldn't necessarily have realize that she had inadvertently aided the killer until the end when she realized it was Piper.  It's a little odd that Audrey wouldn't mention the correspondence, but then she might have been embarrassed about fan girling out over a blogger.  If Piper developed any sort of a soft spot for her, it might explain why she only knocked Audrey out instead of killing her (which again is a stretch, but unless Audrey was all in, that is going to be hard to explain no matter what).

In either case, I still have a hard time with the idea that Audrey was the person who attacked Will when he was with Piper.

Edited by RachelKM

I think the problem for me was the ending was anticlimactic. And I guess they don't really know how they are going to connect Audrey and Piper or at least that's what I got from that ew interview. I think maybe they are going to wait and see what the viewers reaction is and decide the connection. Also I forgot to mention that during Piper s monologue I kept thinking of the third movie in this franchise and the somewhat similar twist ending.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

I really enjoyed this whole series. I had pretty low expectations going in and ended up really liking what they did with it. I actually even screamed out loud at one point! 

Glad they are sticking with these characters like the movie--I really came to love the characters, especially Noah. Pretty much every line he said in this episode was gold. Same goes for Brooke and Audrey (wish Jake had more of a redemption arc, though).

Happy this is coming back for a season 2, but I wonder how they can have more murder next season (please keep Noah safe is all I ask).

• Love 2

Anyone think that Piper's secret ally will turn out to be He-Of-The-Single-Episode-Casting-Maybe-Entirely-Dream-Sequence-Father-of-Emma? (And maybe it will turn out he was the real serial killer all along and it wasn't Brandon James after all?) Just a thought.

Another thought: I know that most of the actors on this show aren't stellar performers by any means, but I was really struck in this episode by how little the writers? director? give them in terms of opportunities to try to emote. Notably:

1) The scene where Daisy watches the Sheriff die? On the one hand, I'm glad they didn't drag it out too melodramatically, but they should have let the two actors play it out at least a little bit, give the audience a chance to actually feel their grief.

2) "Kieran- you didn't hear? Your dad is dead." Kieran bangs his head against the wall for a second, then they all run right back off to try and find the killer. 

(side note: useless ass Kieran mysteriously disappears again right when he is needed most. Maybe he was having an off-screen cry? Dunno)

3) Emma and Will in the truck. "We should really call the police." "No, all of our friends died and more will if we call them. We have to end this ourselves." If Emma would (could?) have actually brought some kind of feeling to that exchange, it might have sounded believable.

4) Even, looking back, Emma's whole reaction to Will's death was so blase; heck, we didn't even really see his mother's grief, just a brief scream and a cutaway as the camera tracked bloody Emma.

The entire premise is pretty hokey, I think we all agree, but what brings it to ground, what sells is, is making connections with the characters, and their relationships Also some witty dialogue and clever plotting like the movies had, but in the absence of the latter, we really need more of the former. I think if the creators of the show would just allow some of these dramatic moments to actually play out a bit, the show would be much better off for it.

From the first time Piper had a scene completely by herself (right after the "attack" on her and Will) I knew she was guilty. While people like Emma, Brooke, and Noah (and even Audrey?) have had scenes by themselves where their behavior clearly showed their innocence, Piper's one scene was completely non-descript. It felt way too much like they were TRYING to imply she wasn't involved by showing her like that, but they really gave no actual evidence whatsoever, which just confirmed to me that she was one of the killers.

There was another moment (or maybe more than one, I can't recall now) where I swore I saw her smirking inappropriately at something Emma did that tipped me to her way back when. And of course, on this episode, her "don't trust anyone" line at the dance was a big blinking light. I was only surprised she didn't parrot it back at Emma at the end like I was expecting her to ("Surprised? I told you not to trust anyone!")

Another thought that occurred to me: Anyone want to take bets that Piper shows up next season even though she's dead? As pre-recorded podcasts, maybe?

• Love 2

I kinda liked that useless Kieran disappeared at the end -- I was expecting him to swoop in and save Emma at the last moment and was pleased when Audrey did instead. How often on TV do we get a scene where the damsel in distress, the hero, the villain, and the last-minute savior are all women? 

Agreed on the other stuff, though. Some of my favorite moments of this season were character ones -- Audrey and Noah congratulating each other on their "resting creep face," Brooke finding new ways to insult Jake, Audrey and Brooke bonding, even Piper and Noah excitedly discussing the Brandon James case... we could use more stuff like that. Show me who these people are and why they're friends!

• Love 3

Overall the show improved and I liked how they paced the finale, but they didn't take enough chances. I feel like they could've killed probably  good two-three more characters to raise the stakes. It's a horrible film extended. I would've taken each season as a movie and the following seasons are sequels. By that I mean you can focus on the same characters, but each film could either take place in a different location or you can revamp the cast, as you always do in these sequels. Considering the killer and accomplice were so obvious, they should've at least given us more of a bloodbath to open things up for next season. 

I do wish they'd develop the original murder storyline more, because right now it feels more like a loose end. I also think Emma needs to go because she isn't dynamic enough for the lead. I'd shift things to center more around Brooke who is the more interesting of the two, or bring in someone else. In order for this series to truly reach greatness they need completely new writers for next season, but despite the terrible reviews I doubt that will happen. I just wish someone could take what has already shaped into a watchable series and take it to the heights it potentially could reach. The idea of Scream as a tv series is great since the movies are basically one long soap/story. It's very doable, you just need better writers to execute it and flesh out the characters. If they were able to get Kevin Williamson I would die.

Kevin Williamson got a story credit, I believe, on the pilot. I would like to see him come in to write for at least an episode, simply because Scream really was his baby.

With next year being the 20th anniversary of the movie (Dear God), that would be the time to do it.

• Love 1

Blanks do not work like that. At that close range, a gunshot to the head would have been more than enough to kill her.

Jon-Erik Hexum, among others, was killed by blanks.

He missed "I will not stay with you (in spite of Maggie dooming the sheriff by saying it).

I noticed this too.  it really is a bit unlikely to have the accomplice be Audrey at all of 5'3".  

My immediate reaction to the cliffhanger is that I have two theories on Audrey's involvement.

Option 1 is that she was the mastermind, found out about Piper somehow and manipulated her psycho ass into going after Emma as some sort of revenge for Emma dumping her as a friend.  In that scenario, everything that Audrey did from pretty much her first frame was a set up. And the only logic to attacking Rachel would have been to make Emma feel responsible for her "suicide".  But then, it was Audrey who was already on board with debunking the suicide story and never promoted the idea of Emma blaming herself for the Killer selecting Rachel.  So if that was her goal... weird.  I guess should could have also just wanted to kill Rachel for some reason and staged the suicide knowing it would be figured out, but enjoying the day or two of torture for Emma.

Option 2 is that Audrey enjoyed Piper's audio blog and wrote her a letter/e-mail/posting for some reason. Piper, already knowing about and stewing over her bio parentage, sees that Audrey is from Lakewood and begins a correspondence with Audrey to get information about the town and hopefully Emma and her mom.  In which case, Audrey wouldn't necessarily have realize that she had inadvertently aided the killer until the end when she realized it was Piper.  It's a little odd that Audrey wouldn't mention the correspondence, but then she might have been embarrassed about fan girling out over a blogger.  If Piper developed any sort of a soft spot for her, it might explain why she only knocked Audrey out instead of killing her (which again is a stretch, but unless Audrey was all in, that is going to be hard to explain no matter what).

In either case, I still have a heard time with the idea that Audrey was the person who attacked Will when he was with Piper.

I'm going with Option 2. I actually think Audrey keeping quiet is easy to explain away. Piper tells her she needs to get to know the real people of Lakewood unguarded and them knowing about her connection to Audrey would ruin that and possibly cost them valuable clues to the murderer's identity.

Well, I'm off tomorrow, so I just zipped through the last three episodes. I figured Piper was the killer pretty much from her first scene, as apparently everyone else did, and knew that Audrey was involved. I finished it hoping that I was wrong more than anything else, but everything played out predictably, including the 'cliffhanger'. Of course they killed one of the few half way decent actors, and left characters like Jake alive, ugh. I don't know if I can take another season of Emma's cluelessness, Noah's monologuing, or Brooke's confusing roots issue.