Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: The Cuts Begin

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

that list is CRAZY!!! I swear I don't always get what these people are looking for.  Look, I love Caila but no way she should be getting all yeses and Holly Arielle - TEAM CAPTAIN and rock star all around - gets one maybe?! hahahahahahaha!  Maybe if they didn't get judges who are cattle herders or podiatrists or whatever this would be a reliable system.  Just loling over here like whaaatttt.  

• Love 1

that list is CRAZY!!! I swear I don't always get what these people are looking for.  Look, I love Caila but no way she should be getting all yeses and Holly Arielle - TEAM CAPTAIN and rock star all around - gets one maybe?! hahahahahahaha!  Maybe if they didn't get judges who are cattle herders or podiatrists or whatever this would be a reliable system.  Just loling over here like whaaatttt.  

Yeah seriously. I thought the exact same thing actually, in relation to Holly and Caila. Totally nutty. (Love Caila, but you all know what I mean!)

Kinzie? 4 maybes?!?! W....t......f.....? she, Holly, and Kelsey are mainstays....how did they not get a full set of yes votes? This is why I wish the second episode was 2 hours and we could see and hear more of the judge deliberation But I still refuse to wrap my head around the scores for those 3.

I feel like there are always judges who are going to be argumentative just because. I am actually really surprised there wasn't more debate on Holly this year. NOT that I think she deserved debate at all -- in no way whatsoever. But given the events of the past year, I am surprised more than one judge didn't hedge on her. Again, I would think it is totally shitty if someone did vote against her based on a crime completely out of her control where she is obviously the victim -- I just think the DCC is nuts in that way. And my guess is that is where her one maybe came from -- what else could it be?

Edited by Dccfan126

@SmplSimon you're a legend for deciphering the score sheets!

Producers, please: give us a full special on the finals routines & deliberations! I don't care if you have to substitute crappy music in!! It's the most crucial part of each season of MTT. Or even if DCC can put full finals routines online...

• Love 2

I feel like there are always judges who are going to be argumentative just because. I am actually really surprised there wasn't more debate on Holly this year. NOT that I think she deserved debate at all -- in no way whatsoever. But given the events of the past year, I am surprised more than one judge didn't hedge on her. Again, I would think it is totally shitty if someone did vote against her based on a crime completely out of her control where she is obviously the victim -- I just think the DCC is nuts in that way. And my guess is that is where her one maybe came from -- what else could it be?

I agree.,. Maybe one judge couldn't get past it but couldn't bring themselves to actually give her a no. Or maybe someone didn't like her solo or something.

These judges are nuts. Seriously nuts.

Okay, lets not bring up the Holly hacking crime case, or speculate this is the reason why she had four maybe votes. She was a victim of a crime, and it is not related to the show or has been brought up on the show. Any post bringing this up will be hidden or will be ask to be edited in the future. Thank you.

Holly Arielle *is* DCC to me and I'm REALLY hoping she is the ProBowl girl this year! She just always seems sweet, poised, and nails every performance.  Maybe someone didn't care for her solo.  I always wondered if she is a rockstar at their choreography but not an incredible solo performer...has she ever won a Barbie? Also kind of funny that Stephanie's routine was to "Little Red Wagon" and I'm pretty sure that's what Holly's solo was too (based on an IG post she had around audition time).

But yeah, who knows what goes through their minds.  Kinzie only getting twelve yeses is hilarious too, when we know she has great flexibility, ended up being a second leader AND got a Barbie.  Yeah, ok, judges!!

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1

Holly Arielle *is* DCC to me and I'm REALLY hoping she is the ProBowl girl this year! She just always seems sweet, poised, and nails every performance. Maybe someone didn't care for her solo. I always wondered if she is a rockstar at their choreography but not an incredible solo performer...has she ever won a Barbie? Also kind of funny that Stephanie's routine was to "Little Red Wagon" and I'm pretty sure that's what Holly's solo was too (based on an IG post she had around audition time).

But yeah, who knows what goes through their minds. Kinzie only getting twelve yeses is hilarious too, when we know she has great flexibility, ended up being a second leader AND got a Barbie. Yeah, ok, judges!!

I think this shows that some of the judges are just not qualified. Like the one moronic judge who gave Megan C a no. Huh?

• Love 3

While I am surprised about the one maybe for Holly Arielle, I am flabbergasted by four maybes for Kinzie. I don't see how anyone could take issue with her dance, figure, or appearance. Just ridiculous. And I don't think the interview figures into the yes-no-maybe system because not all the judges are there for that. I think the interview just figures in to the final score. So I doubt it's because of an interview fumble. I feel like this is going to be one of those things that I'm going to always wonder about, similar to why Olivia S. was cut her second year. I doubt it will be addressed in any form on the show, as they made Kinzie a second group leader, and also because she is obviously AMAZING.

K, rant over.

• Love 1

Remember, these judges are individuals - not clones of one another. There are going to be candidates that appeal to some and not to others for various reasons. In her solo, Kinzie wore a lightweight top that covered her midriff. In past years that has almost always signaled weight gain in the DCC. Some judges may have thought she'd gained weight, so gave her a maybe. Holly getting 1 maybe isn't that big a deal. The DCC organization has a panel of judges because not everyone's opinion is the same. The variety of judges is meant to represent the variety of opinions in the audience, and opinions vary. This board is an excellent example of that.  I'm not sure why there's such an uproar about Holly, Kinzie and other Vets who got some maybes. Quite a few of them did. They're still DCCs. 

• Love 1

My thoughts on Colby: she really didn't fit with the look of DCC right from the beginning. There was also something that seemed not genuine about her. More than any plastic surgery she had done...something about her persona or history just didn't gel for me. I'll admit she was gracious when she was being cut, but I was thinking she seemed more comfortable around Kelly/Judy because she is closer to their ages than the other candidates lol.

• Love 1

Remember, these judges are individuals - not clones of one another. There are going to be candidates that appeal to some and not to others for various reasons. In her solo, Kinzie wore a lightweight top that covered her midriff. In past years that has almost always signaled weight gain in the DCC. Some judges may have thought she'd gained weight, so gave her a maybe. Holly getting 1 maybe isn't that big a deal. The DCC organization has a panel of judges because not everyone's opinion is the same. The variety of judges is meant to represent the variety of opinions in the audience, and opinions vary. This board is an excellent example of that. I'm not sure why there's such an uproar about Holly, Kinzie and other Vets who got some maybes. Quite a few of them did. They're still DCCs.

Right but they dance on the field in hot pants and sports bras, heh. I think it was pretty clear there that it wasn't weight. I agree that the judges aren't all going to think the same thing, but of all people to get four maybes, I'm surprised it was Kinzie.

• Love 1

You know what is the most awkward part for me with Kelli and Judy's snide comments? Don't they have watch parties for each episode where they all watch together??? I feel like it would be sooooo weird to be sitting there with girls who made the team, or girls who are BFFs with say Colby, and listening to yourself make rude remarks lol  Maybe at this point they dont' care but I'd be hiding under my seat!

• Love 1

I don't know that it makes sense to dispute the judges votes, since none of us have actually seen seen the full auditions. We've only seen snippets here and there. The objection here mainly seems to be that certain vets should never have had any nos or maybes simply because they are great DCCs. But they're being scored on their performance that day and time, not on the entirety of their DCC career, and vets can screw up or have a weak day just like anyone else.

• Love 1

You know what is the most awkward part for me with Kelli and Judy's snide comments? Don't they have watch parties for each episode where they all watch together??? I feel like it would be sooooo weird to be sitting there with girls who made the team, or girls who are BFFs with say Colby, and listening to yourself make rude remarks lol  Maybe at this point they dont' care but I'd be hiding under my seat!

Kelli's "eeewww" sideways, neck tuck imitation of Colby's peekaboo style was rude, but it was CMT that cut/spliced and aired it twice. (Ha, a rhyme!) Kelli didn't do it twice. I don't know how much control Kelli/Charlotte have over the final editors cut of MTT. I'm sure they have input, but ultimately MTT is owned by CMT, so I think the network has final say over what shows up on air.

When someone asked Cassie whether she regretted calling out Taylor in front of everyone, Cassie's response was yes, but said also that they forget the cameras are in the room.  After the "eeewww" comment, Kelli kinda looked up like she realized the cameras were there. She's done that before after making comments that might have been seen as not particularly nice.

Oranaiche - I wouldn't have thought Hannah would gain weight. Actually, I'm surprised when any Vet comes to finals in less than top shape and doesn't have the dance combo down pat and perfect. Kinzie may have been a victim of past perceptions of covered bodies. But thankfully, it didn't keep her out of TC.

Everyone is more than entitled to come to the defense of their favorite DCC for getting some maybe's. I just thought, they're in TC, they're going to make the team. Does it matter now? But that's just my take.  :)

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 3

While I am surprised about the one maybe for Holly Arielle, I am flabbergasted by four maybes for Kinzie. I don't see how anyone could take issue with her dance, figure, or appearance. Just ridiculous. And I don't think the interview figures into the yes-no-maybe system because not all the judges are there for that. I think the interview just figures in to the final score. So I doubt it's because of an interview fumble. I feel like this is going to be one of those things that I'm going to always wonder about, similar to why Olivia S. was cut her second year. I doubt it will be addressed in any form on the show, as they made Kinzie a second group leader, and also because she is obviously AMAZING.

K, rant over.

Not to go off topic, but I saw a video on YouTube of Olivia S and another training camp candidate that got cut (maybe Ashley Kelly I forget) that they filmed at home during training camp and they were kind of ripping on Kelly and Judy. I always assumed that's why she got cut... or at least one reason.
  • Love 2

Not to go off topic, but I saw a video on YouTube of Olivia S and another training camp candidate that got cut (maybe Ashley Kelly I forget) that they filmed at home during training camp and they were kind of ripping on Kelly and Judy. I always assumed that's why she got cut... or at least one reason.

Whhha??? Was it aired during the show??

• Love 1

I have to see this video!

Whhha??? Was it aired during the show??

no it was just something they filmed themselves, just stumbled upon it one day. They make fun of the fact Kelli and Judy are only at practice when the cameras are there.

Oranaiche - I wouldn't have thought Hannah would gain weight. Actually, I'm surprised when any Vet comes to finals in less than top shape and doesn't have the dance combo down pat and perfect. Kinzie may have been a victim of past perceptions of covered bodies. But thankfully, it didn't keep her out of TC.

Everyone is more than entitled to come to the defense of their favorite DCC for getting some maybe's. I just thought, they're in TC, they're going to make the team. Does it matter now? But that's just my take. :)

I agree and of course differences of opinion are going to happen. It's more just general wonderment. Of course it doesn't matter because she made it back, but I'm just SO CURIOUS what caused those four maybes and find it so confusing. If it had been someone else who isn't as strong that would be one thing, but I just would have assumed she'd be a home run girl. But I guess it just goes to show how little we actually see on the show and how controlled our experience is as a viewer.

• Love 3

Agreed, Oranaiche. There's so much that happens on the show that I wonder about. I wondered if Kinzie got those maybes because she doesn't have the willowy body of some DCCs, and doesn't have the more hourglass shape of some like Holly, Danielle, Angela, etc. Kinzie's frame is somewhere between hourglass and straighter, like Ashley Pro and this season's rookie, Holly. When up against frames like Mary, Lacey, Jinelle, Kelsey among others, the more classically-framed women are always going to look a little fuller. That makes me wonder if Kinzie's solo was after one of the willowy girls....

Anyway, you're right, in that we'll never know.  I'm just glad she's there!  (Though I'm still missing Ashley Pro.) :( 

I met Kinzie a few years ago. She's tiny. This was right after her rookie year. I can't imagine her figure played any part of it. She's definitely smaller than Ashley Pro.

But yes, who knows with these judges.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2

My gut reaction as to the one Holly no can't be discussed, but has been alluded to above. That one judge may just think there are too many blonds. Who knows. 

Some times, with any girl, there's just a personality conflict, dislike of a solo, didn't like their nail polish, who knows. The one most interesting to me, is Danielle. Two? years ago, she was borderline on being cut. Now she's near the top of the list and is constantly featured on promos, calendars, etc.

I wish we could see the full list. I'd love to see who those bottom 15 were. We know Colbi was one. I'd also like to know if, weekly or on cut nights or so, the list is rearranged and the bottom shuffles out.

I wish we could see the full list. I'd love to see who those bottom 15 were. We know Colbi was one. I'd also like to know if, weekly or on cut nights or so, the list is rearranged and the bottom shuffles out.

I think we know who's on the bottom shuffles while in TC. We know Colby was below 45, since she wasn't on the judges list to get into TC. But we know Emily came into TC at 38, and she was the first official (not fan-elected) TCC to be cut. So Emily moved from 38 down to 45 and got eliminated.

The judges only see a bit of the girls before they get into TC. How they process the fast paced learning curve, learning the jump splits and eventually, learning the field-entrance routine all determine where they end up in the long run: either on the squad or cut.

Edited by Kaedee

Not trying to get in trouble by adding to your off-topic, but how the heck did Loni Lindsey get front row floor in her rookie year? The girl was sweet and had pro-cheer experience, but made it to DCC by the skin of her teeth and had to leave the field before kickline.  

I could totally see Holly becoming the new Brooke. The groundwork is already there with the comments K & J have made.

ETA:  I was trying to quote Mrs EVH post on page 3. Apparently I've lost my mind and can't quote properly. Oops!

Edited by javajunkiee
  • Love 1

I can't wait to see who hates their "makeover" this year. The look on Loren's face last year when the stylist suggested a "short brown bob" was priceless... I would've ran for the hills. Funny thing, the hair color change did wonders for her. Made her eyes pop.

I agree.  Seems most here disliked her hair change that year as much as she did but I was one that loved it as well.  I thought she looked stunning as a brunette.

It's a tricky thing with everyone having different opinions and tastes.

Not trying to get in trouble by adding to your off-topic, but how the heck did Loni Lindsey get front row floor in her rookie year? The girl was sweet and had pro-cheer experience, but made it to DCC by the skin of her teeth and had to leave the field before kickline.  

I could totally see Holly becoming the new Brooke. The groundwork is already there with the comments K & J have made.

ETA:  I was trying to quote Mrs EVH post on page 3. Apparently I've lost my mind and can't quote properly. Oops!

Holly is definitely Brooke 2.0 dance skill and personality wise. Not a bad thing. 

For whatever reason, they seemed to love Loni. I thought she looked really 'road hard and put up wet' (pretty, but aged and on the verge of cheap) and she couldn't kick to save her life, but they loved her. 

Me,too!

Me, three!

I can't wait to see who hates their "makeover" this year. The look on Loren's face last year when the stylist suggested a "short brown bob" was priceless... I would've ran for the hills. Funny thing, the hair color change did wonders for her. Made her eyes pop.

Loren looks 1000x better with a deeper hair color. That highlighter yellow hair looked like straw and made her look cheap. Girl maintained her composure as much as possible, but looked about a millimeter away from unhinging and going all Jack Nicholson from the Shining crazy. I have a feeling she is very tightly wound and very OCD precise about everything. Which makes her a good dancer - attention to detail, not knocking a perfectionist. I agree her eyes pop now and her skin looks more glowy, too. I love the reddish brown on her.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention, when Colby was getting cut and she said she would do the routines if they asked her, I had this awful feeling she might break out into poetry like Vivian!

There was this awkward silence and I kept thinking 'please don't tell us you had a lucid dream'!!!

Edited by BritFan
  • Love 1

If they'd given her the slightest encouragement, she would've leapt out of her seat then and there. I would like to have seen her get that chance. On the other hand, it would set a horrible precedent to have to "dance for your life" during those office visits. And they would have cut her anyway. Kelli was anti-Colby from go, and I don't think there's anything that Colby could've done to change her mind.

I do wonder about the point of citing size as a reason for cutting Colby and Emily. That seemed like such a BS reason, there was really no point in saying it, because neither Colby nor Emily were given a chance to do anything about it. (Unlike other girls, who have been given weeks to fix their weight in past seasons.) 

I see a lot of mentions of Danielle almost being dropped 2 years ago and now being a DCC darling. I never thought anything of this since she was injured during those tryouts (her foot was sliced open when she went through a chair) and thus didn't do her best. Since it was the year directly after Cassie was allowed into TC even though she bombed tryouts because of injury, I thought it was only fair. I always got the feeling that Kelli liked Danielle quite a bit.

• Love 2

I think they reversed their decision on Danielle because Kelli, Judy and Charlotte would have looked bad if they'd cut her for not performing well mainly due to an injury while they let Cassie in the year before.

I'm excited to see the makeovers. The guy judge with the longer hair is from the studio, right? I didn't care for the Halcion Days guy with the shoulder-length hair. I thought he was pretty cheeky and over-the-line when he teased one of the Rookies about chopping all her hair off, and asked, "Would you cut your hair if that was the only way you could get onto the team?" I thought he was so overreaching his authority as makeover specialist and it was mean. So I'm glad they didn't renew his contract.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 2

Yep! Exactly Kaedee!!! How could they cut injured Danielle the year after letting in injured Cassie? It would have been ridiculous - not that they don't sometimes descend into ridiculousness but with the other being Cassie .... I still always thought Kelli liked Danielle. She has such a late 70s/early 80s look to her. Like she should be sashaying her way up the Love Boat's gang plank with the other DCCs

• Love 2

I always thought Kelli really liked Danielle, too, but they made it seem like they weren't thrilled with her that year she was injured. I think Danielle is one of the prettiest, but quite posters here, or maybe the old TWOP forum, stressed how plain they though she was. 

• Love 1

I always thought Kelli really liked Danielle, too, but they made it seem like they weren't thrilled with her that year she was injured. I think Danielle is one of the prettiest, but quite posters here, or maybe the old TWOP forum, stressed how plain they though she was.

Danielle has really grown on me since her rookie year!

• Love 1

I don't see Shelbi as a DCC.  She's a lovely girl, but there's a butch, slightly man-ish look that I don't think would work.

Butch? Man-ish?? Shelbi?????? 

https://instagram.com/p/6VhvR1OMlaRrDTfPT-lgqv8qvi1mYuUdrQi_E0/?taken-by=shelbicrawford

That girl??? are you sure you mean her?  Wow! I guess this does just show how everyone has different opinions on beauty :)  I think Shelbi is absolutely STUNNING and one of the most DCC-ready looks wise.

• Love 3

So excited for the make overs tomorrow! I hope it's better than last year...I feel like they only really focused on Loren (and taking out Alexandra's unit).  Looking forward to hearing my Kelli decided to make so many girls redheads lol

Shelbi definitely is beautiful and feminine in photos, but on the show, she appears less than.  Having seen her photos on Twitter and Instagram prior to the show airing, I was surprised at how she appears on screen -- again, very attractive (she reminds me a bit of Shania Twain), but there is a masculine quality that seems, to me at least, a bit incompatible with DCC.