Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Alexa PenaVega: No Spying Just Dancing

• Start Topic

Alexa on All-Access (at about 1:40 being interviewed with Bindi):

She and Carlos were talking about the show last night and, according to Alexa,

Carlos said: "Sometimes my ego gets in the way and I just want you to fall"

Explains a lot.

• Love 1

That's why I wish Carlos left instead. All of his talk being selfish and wanting to beat her was insensitive and uncalled for.

Alexa made it clear she wanted to win but also supported him as much as she could, not to mention I found her a more natural performer and likeable personality. I really felt like the show was giving her this improvement arc and I was excited to see how much more she would've done in the next 2 weeks.

Oh well, Mark should be proud, but I'm sure he's getting bummed after 2 very premature exits.

• Love 3

Oh well, Mark should be proud, but I'm sure he's getting bummed after 2 very premature exits.

While I would have loved for Alexa to stay on, I wouldn't necessarily call her exit premature. Contestants like Alek always stay on way longer than they should. And Alexa came with little fanbase, no loud persona and then while she had ability, she also had various issues (low self-esteem, nervous, stuck in her head, arguably a strange dynamic with the married couple thing). Perhaps being fantastic every week would have given her one week more, but even then finals would have been a stretch. But she delivered quite a few standout performances despite her inconsistency (salsa, jazz, tango, paso, contemporary, duet dance) and should be proud because she did well for herself. I think, given the (for lack of a better term) "baggage", that Alexa didn't underachieve at all. You also saw that Mark wasn't surprised and IMO didn't seem overly upset, I think he understood that in that particular situation with that particular contestant this was probably as good as it was going to get.

• Love 3

I consider any elimination premature when they should've gone further and someone less talented stayed over them, in this case someone like Alek.

Alexa should've made the top 4 based on her dancing, and 6th place, to me, still feels premature.

Mark is overdue a win, IMO, and I hope next season he gets someone with the right dancing AND fan base. He would've edged a win with Sadie if not for the Alfonso factor. With him, everyone else was fighting for 2nd place. Sadie had the dancing and the fans to win, just not enough to beat Alfonso. 

I still think it would be all kinds of Gilles hilarity of Sadie snuck a win from Alfonso.

• Love 1

Alexa on All-Access (at about 1:40 being interviewed with Bindi):

She and Carlos were talking about the show last night and, according to Alexa,

Carlos said: "Sometimes my ego gets in the way and I just want you to fall"

Explains a lot.

Why is she married to this douche bag?  

• Love 1

Carlos has put his foot in it a number of times and, in my opinion, showed his true colors. But I'm actually surprised by the comment Alexa mentioned in All Access. I didn't hear that one. It only underscores my questions/opinion about him throughout the season. Unfortunately, Alexa's exit before him won't help him with his ego issues.

I'm hoping Alexa gained enough inner strength from her achievements on this show to hold her own with him. She actually showed real growth that could be enhanced, given the right circumstances. Rob Kardashian comes to mind. He was a different person by the end of the show, but then went back into the same environment that helped create some of his problems in the first place. Now he appears to have lost what he gained. I hope that doesn't happen to her.

One of the things I like about DWTS is that it does give people an opportunity to achieve something and to see themselves in a different and better way.

• Love 3

I'm hoping Alexa gained enough inner strength from her achievements on this show to hold her own with him. She actually showed real growth that could be enhanced, given the right circumstances. Rob Kardashian comes to mind. He was a different person by the end of the show, but then went back into the same environment that helped create some of his problems in the first place. Now he appears to have lost what he gained. I hope that doesn't happen to her.

Unfortunately, I'm not hopeful.

According to Alexa on GMA and The View, Carlos went with her and Mark to NYC. (No mention if Witney went also.)

This just gives me an icky feeling like he gave her leeway while on DWTS but now he needs to re-establish control?

• Love 1

Did she say why? Did he think she "needed" him? It couldn't have been that he didn't want her traveling alone with Mark. Could it? Maybe to get more tv time for himself or to assure people his "grief" is real? I hate to impugn motives that aren't there. We can't read people's minds, but I'm irritated anyway. :))

Did she say why? Did he think she "needed" him? It couldn't have been that he didn't want her traveling alone with Mark. Could it? Maybe to get more tv time for himself or to assure people his "grief" is real? I hate to impugn motives that aren't there. We can't read people's minds, but I'm irritated anyway. :))

She just kind of chuckled when she said it both times. He wasn't on tv. I don't know if he was expecting to sit with her while she was being interviewed on either show. Seems to me he should in in LA learning a couple of new dances for next week. Who knows what his motive is.

• Love 1

I've been really wondering about  the PenaVega marriage for a bit now. Ever since that episode after Alfonso was guest judge and he told Alexa that Mark was her team mate and not her husband and she said in an interview, "that is NOT okay, my husband is my team mate" that was always odd to me. I mean, I was like, "whoa. take a chill pill, Alexa". It just always seemed off to me. Like she had to say that. And then hearing that Carlos is traveling with her, seems a little odd too. I mean, maybe Alexa wanted him there? But he should be learning new dances. 

It's a shame she was cut just as she seemed to hit her stride, and looked to be capable of really coming up, and was looking forward to doing more of that.  Unfortunately, she took too long to get there.  Hopefully this experience will lead to her progressing faster in her life beyond the show, in appreciating herself and her strengths more, and giving her more confidence in herself.  And maybe shifting the dynamic a bit in her marriage.

• Love 1