• Bethenny
    • Carole
    • Dorinda
    • Heather
    • Kristen
    • Luann
    • Ramona
    • Sonja

No one cared that Lu slept with a 21 year old until Lu turned dating a 29 year old to an insult.

This is why I said that I don't like the ladies arguing about who each other sleeps with. I listed Carole, Heather, and Luanne as examples of this. So it looks like we are in agreement here that slinging insults back and forth on who you are sleeping with is stupid and petty. They all pulled the same shit and it ain't pretty. Carole's was the most noticeable because she was the most animated/ yelling about it and there were clips of it. I'm not getting the disagreement here? Sounds like we're on the same page about this issue.

And as far as I'm concerned, all the ladies who engaged in this behavior are all equally wrong for doing so. Luann age shamed Carole for her relationship and in return Carole slut shamed Luann for her endeavors- par for the course in HW land.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 3

LuAnn busted herself here. That's what happens when you lie and keep changing your story. Apparently, Carole and Heather "totally violated (her) privacy" and broke "girl code" when they barged into her room in T&C. Which is ridiculous on its own, but of course has nothing to do with Carole dating Adam.

I think because no one bought into her saying they were trying to "catch" her, even though the guy had already left the house before they went into her room, she decided to use Carole/Adam/poor wounded embarrassed Nicole as her main beef at the reunion and. She even failed on twitter to get everyone up in arms against Carole/Heather and at this point, she can not keep her stories/lies straight. LOL

• Love 5

Mad Dog Dorinda-- she just goes on and foams at the mouth- very mean-girl ranting diarrhea of the mouth. Hey Dorinda, how about letting someone else say their piece?

It's killing me that she doesn't care that Ramona was the one to bring John being inappropriate up first and often. She's so selective with her anger and once again Ramona slinks away unharmed.

• Love 15

This is why I said that I don't like the ladies arguing about who each other sleeps with. I listed Carole, Heather, and Luanne as examples of this. So it looks like we are in agreement here that slinging insults back and forth on who you are sleeping with is stupid and petty. They all pulled the same shit and it ain't pretty. Carole's was the most noticeable because she was the most animated/ yelling about it and there were clips of it. I'm not getting the disagreement here? Sounds like we're on the same page about this.

Yes, it is petty but we're not on the same page. Carole wasn't "yelling" about this or anything else. She's actually quite soft-spoken and keeps her "cool." LuAnn started it and Carole fought back. I guess LuAnn didn't think that would happen. Tonight in the First Look LuAnn even admitted they were fine most of the season.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

Mad Dog Dorinda-- she just goes on and foams at the mouth- very mean-girl ranting diarrhea of the mouth. Hey Dorinda, how about letting someone else say their piece?

I am on the fence about Dorinda.  She seems to have a very dark and aggressive side to her.   So much so that she seems almost scary.  More Hyde than Jekyll, in fact.

Not a fan at this point.

• Love 4

I liked the first ten minutes had almost zero talk overs-of course Bethenny had to explain Dorinda and John's relationship to all of us peons in the audience.  For a moment I felt sorry for Kristen and then I remembered she was talking with Teflon Ramona and she elected to make crappy comments about Dorinda's boyfriend in Dorinda's home where she and her horrific husband where invited guests for the weekend.  For once Kristen needs to think. Don't talk about the hosts behind their back-those men with the cameras are recording your conversation. Kristen already let it be known John was too friendly and shut it down by walking away.  What was interesting is Heather could no wait to raise her hand to Andy's question and then after Bethenny clarified the question Heather put her hand down. How many hours before the topless photos of Kristen pop up?

• Love 1

Dorinda's comment to Kristen about modeling topless and her so-called over-reaction to John being handsy was classless and ugly. Shades of shaming and blaming a rape victim for wearing a short skirt or revealing outfit. A woman can wear whatever she wants, and a model can pose for whatever kinds of pictures she wants, and still be offended when a man gropes her. I had reasons to disagree with Kristen when it all unfolded (mostly about everyone being drunk at the party, including Kristen, who then seemed to use the incident for storyline purposes), but it's not ok to say or even imply that she can't complain or own her own feelings about it since she once posed topless. Use another excuse, but not that one. It's ugly and anti-feminist. #backthatshitup.

• Love 19

I am on the fence about Dorinda. She seems to have a very dark and aggressive side to her. So much so that she seems almost scary. More Hyde than Jekyll, in fact.

Not a fan at this point.

ITA, perfect description for Dorinda. She was one of the HW I enjoyed...but no more. There's something oddly manacle about her attacks on her co-workers. Not especially caring for her free loading daughter either. Bethenny called her a smart woman for selling her husbands business when he died so she doesn't need the RHONY salary...just enjoys the notoriety I guess. I believe though her Hyde personality has creeped fellow co-workers and the audience out.

2B7A9D1C00000578-3202805-image-m-14_1439

The Diabolical Miss Dorinda Hyde

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

Dorinda's comment to Kristen about modeling topless and her so-called over-reaction to John being handsy was classless and ugly. Shades of shaming and blaming a rape victim for wearing a short skirt or revealing outfit. A woman can wear whatever she wants, and a model can pose for whatever kinds of pictures she wants, and still be offended when a man gropes her. I had reasons to disagree with Kristen when it all unfolded (mostly about everyone being drunk at the party, including Kristen, who then seemed to use the incident for storyline purposes), but it's not ok to say or even imply that she can't complain or own her own feelings about it since she once posed topless. Use another excuse, but not that one. It's ugly and anti-feminist. #backthatshitup.

I agree 100% with your comment. Who the hell is Dorinda or shall I refer to her as Miss Hyde...what a nasty evil person. She knows what a lounge lizard John is and so does the audience! I felt bad for Kristen...especially the topless crap hurled at her as justification for John's behaviour. A big flashing RED light NO Miss Dorinda Hyde...you're breaking the human decency code...fire her ass and send her packing...

tumblr_nrifox9ikA1rlafseo1_400.gif

bye-felicia-friday.gif

• Love 7

It was Manzo'd with Children ugh RIPPED OFF! I got all excited and it was the goddamn Manzo fambly.

Omg, I recorded it because I thought "what they had some new footage of the jersey crowd? ". I haven't watched NJ in a long time, but I admit I'm curious about what's going to be going on when TG gets out.

Then, I saw the Manzo family ugh! Bravo trying to trick people, typical.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

Well, well, it appears that Dorinda did a little digging looking for what she thought was dirt on Kristen to use against her at the reunion, she is such a piece of TRASH!

• Love 6

Well, well, it appears that Dorinda did a little digging looking for what she thought was dirt on Kristen to use against her at the reunion, she is such a piece of TRASH!

I haven't watched the first look yet, but Dorinda is disgusting. I didn't think my opinion of her could drop any lower, reading that she throws Kristen modeling topless, as a defense for John, seems it can.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

I haven't watched the first look yet, but Dorinda is disgusting. I didn't think my opinion of her could drop any lower, reading that she throws Kristen modeling topless, as a defense for John, seems it can.

Kristen & Sonja didn't mind this:

150428_2862218_Next_on_RHONY__Carole_Rev

When John turned around Kristen didn't like it...

sonjakristendancing.gif

• Love 4

Completely agree.  I had to listen to it twice because I thought I heard wrong. I was surprised that no one jumped to Kristen's defense.  That was some ugly shit right there.

My favorite part was when she threw out "fuck" again. I so wished someone would have called her on it.

• Love 12

I liked the first ten minutes had almost zero talk overs-of course Bethenny had to explain Dorinda and John's relationship to all of us peons in the audience.  For a moment I felt sorry for Kristen and then I remembered she was talking with Teflon Ramona and she elected to make crappy comments about Dorinda's boyfriend in Dorinda's home where she and her horrific husband where invited guests for the weekend.  For once Kristen needs to think. Don't talk about the hosts behind their back-those men with the cameras are recording your conversation. Kristen already let it be known John was too friendly and shut it down by walking away.  What was interesting is Heather could no wait to raise her hand to Andy's question and then after Bethenny clarified the question Heather put her hand down. How many hours before the topless photos of Kristen pop up?

It's so funny, because really at the end of the day, the entire season has had one big fat theme and it's that Ramona gets blamed for nothing.  I thought that Kristen's initial reaction in her TH to the encounter with John was a little bit over-the-top. I didn't think that she did anything wrong when she said what she said at Dorinda's house, however. She didn't bring it up. Ramona asked her a question and she answered it. At the time, I got that Dorinda came in during the middle of the conversation and she didn't understand that it was started by Ramona. Her anger was misplaced, but I got it because of what she saw. But then she seemed to continue to put the majority of the blame on Kristen in her blog and on Twitter. I cannot fathom how anyone would be able to sit at the reunion and be upset about any of this and not look over Ramona's way. No one was doing more to trash him this season than she was, yet since she is just "Ramona being Ramona", no one will care.

I did like the way that Ramona was saying "now I adore John", and Dorinda was telling her to simmer down a little bit, because while she might be OK with him, she certainly doesn't adore him.

How about that part where Beth said "he wants his business to be on the show and he's made that obvious"? Interesting.

• Love 4

To me, although a little harsh, I think what Dorinda is pointing out that Kristen was not some sweet innocent thing and she was game and having a good time.  Comparing her to a rape victim is a grossly unfair to rape victims.  She was dancing and on the guy's back and he had another "friend" dancing with his front side -although icky-Kristen did seem game and when it went too far for her taste she did the right thing and stepped away.  She is kind of rewriting history and can come off as sounding like this John character is a some sort of predator.  Since this entire season has boiled down to women angrily throwing stuff out there about others' sexual behavior or perceived sexual behavior I think Kristen's is fair game.  Kristen was also bare naked on camera while tanning at Sonja's and then came back and said how angry her husband was for getting naked.  She could not wait to announce on camera that the house manager said Luann was making out with a married man.  So perhaps Kristen needs to think before she speaks about being victimized and coming this place from perfect little lady.

I think the producers were following Ramona's lead when she thought her opinion about John a should reign supreme because John wasn't handsome like her ex-husband, the philanderer.  Kristen just didn't need to follow down Ramona's path.  Quite frankly I thought after last season Kristen was smarter than to take the bait.  Kristen spent the entire season looking to fight with someone and no one cared enough about her to take it any further. 

It's so funny, because really at the end of the day, the entire season has had one big fat theme and it's that Ramona gets blamed for nothing.  I thought that Kristen's initial reaction in her TH to the encounter with John was a little bit over-the-top. I didn't think that she did anything wrong when she said what she said at Dorinda's house, however. She didn't bring it up. Ramona asked her a question and she answered it. At the time, I got that Dorinda came in during the middle of the conversation and she didn't understand that it was started by Ramona. Her anger was misplaced, but I got it because of what she saw. But then she seemed to continue to put the majority of the blame on Kristen in her blog and on Twitter. I cannot fathom how anyone would be able to sit at the reunion and be upset about any of this and not look over Ramona's way. No one was doing more to trash him this season than she was, yet since she is just "Ramona being Ramona", no one will care.

I did like the way that Ramona was saying "now I adore John", and Dorinda was telling her to simmer down a little bit, because while she might be OK with him, she certainly doesn't adore him.

How about that part where Beth said "he wants his business to be on the show and he's made that obvious"? Interesting.

Well Bethenny claimed that about Jason and fame so of course all spouses or boyfriends must be seeking the same thing.  I remember when Bethenny said Jason wasn't all that into the reality show thing.  Which was it? 

To me, although a little harsh, I think what Dorinda is pointing out that Kristen was not some sweet innocent thing and she was game and having a good time.  Comparing her to a rape victim is a grossly unfair to rape victims.  She was dancing and on the guy's back and he had another "friend" dancing with his front side -although icky-Kristen did seem game and when it went too far for her taste she did the right thing and stepped away.  She is kind of rewriting history and can come off as sounding like this John character is a some sort of predator.  Since this entire season has boiled down to women angrily throwing stuff out there about others' sexual behavior or perceived sexual behavior I think Kristen's is fair game.  Kristen was also bare naked on camera while tanning at Sonja's and then came back and said how angry her husband was for getting naked.  She could not wait to announce on camera that the house manager said Luann was making out with a married man.  So perhaps Kristen needs to think before she speaks about being victimized and coming this place from perfect little lady.

I think the producers were following Ramona's lead when she thought her opinion about John a should reign supreme because John wasn't handsome like her ex-husband, the philanderer.  Kristen just didn't need to follow down Ramona's path.  Quite frankly I thought after last season Kristen was smarter than to take the bait.  Kristen spent the entire season looking to fight with someone and no one cared enough about her to take it any further. 

Well Bethenny claimed that about Jason and fame so of course all spouses or boyfriends must be seeking the same thing.  I remember when Bethenny said Jason wasn't all that into the reality show thing.  Which was it? 

But, Kristen did not follow down Ramona's path trashing John, Kristen was never angry about, or to John and the dance grope. We didn't see/hear Th after TH of Kristen going on and on about how wrong he was or that she felt violated nor did we see her go from HW to HW talking about him. Ramona asked Kristen a question about John at Dorinda's house, Kristen answered it and Dorinda, who only heard part of the answer, got upset at Kristen even though she had to have a long talk with Ramona about not talking about John just a few days before. Even though Dorinda did not realize during filming that Ramona set that whole conversation up, she knew it by the time we all saw it on the show, yet still blames Kristen. I have to wonder if Dorinda thinks she is, or should be Teflon like Ramona is. LOL

• Love 7

Ok, so I zipped through it.

Ramona is never blamed. Even after watching the season, Dorinda doesn't admit it was Ramona bringing it up. I guess being mad at Kristen is easier *shrugs*.

Andy should just move over and let Beth host, do play by play, and explain everything to us about the women.

I didn't understand how talking about John turned into Beth not trusting men right now? Did she not trust John or was it just some thoughts she had about herself that she had to get out.

Dorinda is just not a nice woman.

Sure Hannah doesn't watch the show. Sure she is very reserved and hates the spotlight. Ok Dorinda, that's why her personality was turned to 11 when the cameras were rolling.

Lu is a liar. Some very smart poster said something very spot on about Lu, and her "stories". Being demoted is a fear for these women, but it was a reality for Lu. She knew she had to have something, some drama, a story or she'd be FoH again. The sad part is, I think she lost real friends. And comes out of this stinking like a skunk.

• Love 10

I didn't understand how talking about John turned into Beth not trusting men right now? Did she not trust John or was it just some thoughts she had about herself that she had to get out.

It's just another chance for Bethenny to throw a dig at Jason without actually mentioning him. She's the equivalent of a child saying "I'm not touching you, can't get mad!" when it comes to Jason. 

It was interesting that she said John makes it very clear he wants his business to be on the show. I know they featured the dry cleaners once, but I didn't get the impression John was using the show for publicity.  Maybe he made that clearer behind the scenes? 

• Love 6

It's just another chance for Bethenny to throw a dig at Jason without actually mentioning him. She's the equivalent of a child saying "I'm not touching you, can't get mad!" when it comes to Jason. 

It was interesting that she said John makes it very clear he wants his business to be on the show. I know they featured the dry cleaners once, but I didn't get the impression John was using the show for publicity.  Maybe he made that clearer behind the scenes? 

Funny how Dorinda did NOT tell Bethenny to "Back that shit up" when she, Bethenny, went on about John wanting his business featured on the show! Kiss A$$ much Dorinda? LOL

• Love 9

Funny how Dorinda did NOT tell Bethenny to "Back that shit up" when she, Bethenny, went on about John wanting his business featured on the show! Kiss A$$ much Dorinda? LOL

Oh no that would never happen.

They all have been pretty much kissing Beth's ass. Dorinda is just over the top and so obvious about it, she looks particularly pathetic.

Man, I can't believe how much I dislike this woman now.

• Love 5

I haven't seen the First Look, but I agree with this. I was already side-eyeing Dorinda after she flagged down and pawed the Black man in the restaurant, assuming that he was the traveling/roaming coat check attendant.... The eye rolls came in earnest when she jumped on Kristen at her home in the Berkshires. What made me really roll my eyes was when she held Kristen to a higher standard than John by saying that it was Kristen who made her (Dorinda) look bad.

What's interesting to me--and how I understand your analogy to blaming and shaming rape (and I'll add sexual assualt) victims--is that Dorinda seems to be saying that Kristen had no room to feel uncomfortable because she was initially dancing with John. Kristen was dancing behind John, John turned around and started grinding on Kristen who danced for a few seconds more before taking off because she felt uncomfortable. It's like saying, "Well, you went out on a date with this guy. You thought he was fun to be around. You made out with him at his place because you were attracted to him. Why are you mad that he tried to have sex with you?" Kristen is allowed to feel like there was a line crossed and as such made the decision to remove herself from the situation.

In any case, I've been over Dorinda since the Berkshires trip. It doesn't help that she's a slurry drunk who once told her friend that she was dating a fat, rich, Armenian with a [REDACTED]. 

• Love 11

What's interesting to me--and how I understand your analogy to blaming and shaming rape (and I'll add sexual assualt) victims--is that Dorinda seems to be saying that Kristen had no room to feel uncomfortable because she was initially dancing with John. Kristen was dancing behind John, John turned around and started grinding on Kristen who danced for a few seconds more before taking off because she felt uncomfortable. It's like saying, "Well, you went out on a date with this guy. You thought he was fun to be around. You made out with him at his place because you were attracted to him. Why are you mad that he tried to have sex with you?" Kristen is allowed to feel like there was a line crossed and as such made the decision to remove herself from the situation.

In this case, I would be asking why are you mad, which I think is a legit question. It's like drawing an invisible line in your head and being mad that the other person crosses it, when you didn't clue them in to the line. It's not as if Kristen told John she was uncomfortable and he pursued physical contact despite her wishes. She was dancing and grinding and having a good time. Until she wasn't. I don't think John is at fault, but Kristen tried to make it seem John was grabby and I think Dorinda was just trying to say that Kristen was playing along. Now, I haven't seen the first look, and from the sound of it I'm not going to be happy about the topless photos excuse/diversion, but I did understand what Dorinda was saying in the Berkshires. Edited by shoegal

Funny how Dorinda did NOT tell Bethenny to "Back that shit up" when she, Bethenny, went on about John wanting his business featured on the show! Kiss A$$ much Dorinda? LOL

I can't imagine why Dorinda would say that to Bethenny, I took it that she agreed with it.  John was not camera shy and put his business on the show, to me it  appeared to show up at filming spots even without Dorinda, giving rise to the now infamous, "What are you doing here without Dorinda?"  I got the impression John knew where they were filming and figured-hey a chance for more camera time.  So why would Dorinda ask Bethenny to back that shit up?  This is Bethenny talking about someone who has Skinny Girl in every scene. She can't be saying John wanting his business out there is a bad thing-Bethenny is then a hypocrite if she said is implying it is a negative thing.  How would that be any different than Josh's E-boost last year?

I think it is pretty fair to say there are TWO RHNYC that pretty much have immunity from being called out.

The first is Ramona because she is treated by the rest of the cast as being crazy.  Almost as if she has an ongoing mentally incompetent defense. 

The second is Bethenny who has made it clear it is her playground and if someone doesn't like it they can go home. 

For the other six it is an impossible situation because Bethenny who does call out Ramona constantly, gives her a pass because she can't stay mad at a six year old.

To even bring Ramona up is a waste of breath and I am so hoping she is over and out but I doubt it because Ramona and Bethenny are in the Hamptons having photo shoots at Bethnny's house in their bikinis.

So there is a double immunity at play here.

• Love 7

Completely agree.  I had to listen to it twice because I thought I heard wrong. I was surprised that no one jumped to Kristen's defense.  That was some ugly shit right there.

My favorite part was when she threw out "fuck" again. I so wished someone would have called her on it.

I'm hoping that we just didn't get to see anyone coming to Kristen's defense in the First Look because they should have. Dorinda was being totally outrageous again and someone needs to hold her accountable.

• Love 7
I agree it was her vehement reluctance to travel that probably got her fired, which is a shame (that she wouldn't travel, not that she got fired for it)

It cracks me up that Aviva says "the truth will come out!" when she has, at best, a tenuous relationship with the truth. "Word on the street" is that Reid tried to bargain with producers, telling them that he'd get Aviva on the plane to Montana if they could promise her another season on the show. Now, either Reid is horribly insensitive, that he would bundle his "severely asthmatic" wife onto a plane bound for a place where she would be miserable, or Aviva's asthma was never as severe as all that…and was used as a bargaining chip. And then there's the whole evolving rationale for why she threw her prosthesis, at first insisting that it wasn't pre-planned, but then eventually saying that she knew she had to bring the drama if Bravo was to invite her back.

So, I can't take this GW stuff seriously, and it's beyond played out and so last season. 

Sonja was a "Hostess" at the restaurant where she met her husband and that does not equate to being or doing PR for them, same with Cippriano's.

I remember reading a piece about Sonja, written before she appeared on the show, about the hostess gig:

I had no idea that these clever, charming young women who work the phones of a restaurant like San Pietro or Michael’s, bring in business with their public relations. And that when it’s slow they’re not beneath calling customers on the phone and asking when they’re going to be coming in. In a very nice way, mind you; as they are very much aware of whom they’re pitching the restaurant to. It’s a very good business because the attention is inevitably appreciated.

Based on what I've seen of Sonja on LinkedIn and social media, I find it hard to believe that she had a background in PR. I DO think she's a savvy schmoozer, and there's definitely a value in that…but it's not the same as knowing the first thing about running a PR campaign.

• Love 3

No, she is just assuming this is the case because B is all about hawking her brand.

I think Dorinda and John are well matched, neither has much class. Dorinda wants people to think she is a born and bred UES socialite, but that is clearly not true. Not a fan.

Dorinda and Sonja are probably more dangerous when drunk because of the constant arm flailing - they could put out someone's eye!!

• Love 5

I disagree.  Imo, she's had a tummy tuck and her face is/has been botoxed and/or filled.  Definitely some resurfacing/microdermabrasion happened but you might not consider that having work done.  No shame in any of that game.  She looks fresher and prettier.  Whatever makes you feel good.  Back in the day 2012:

carolex-large.jpg

Now look at this pic of Heather close up at Season 7's premiere.   (It's a big file that's why I'm linking it. If you click it again it's huge.)  She's had work done. Her eye on the right looks like there was a little too much botox or it hadn't settled yet.  The rest of it looks good, though. Much less creasing around her mouth and undereyes.

http://flashmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Heather-Thomson-Carole-Radziwill-Real-Housewives-of-New-York-City-Season-7-Premiere-AOA-New-York-City-April-7-2015.jpg

IMO, Heather looks almost completely the same while Carole seems to undergone extensive resurfacing/peeling/fillers/botox.  Not that I'm putting down either woman; I think they both look good.  It just seems that Carole has had more 'work' done than Heather.  No comment on Ramona.  And since I'm being shallow, please allow to say how absolutely beautiful Sonya-with-a-J looks.  Even without makeup, her bone structure (IDK if she's surgically enhanced) and her eyes are just striking to me.  Same with LuAnn, though that getup she was sporting at the reunion was *tragic* (must be said in Mr. Omar's voice, from "Everybody Hates Chris"). 

On a more 'serious' note, I do believe that Heather is done after this season, and I also believe it was her choice.  Maybe Bravo hadn't intended to offer her another year anyway, but I don't get the feeling that she's losing a lot of sleep over it. Either way, good for her.  She's a busy, successful woman who was doing just fine before this caca-fest came along.  I haven't yet decided if Kristen is gone, either of her own accord or Bravo's.  She certainly was the chatty cathy at the reunion, wasn't she?  /sarcasm font

• Love 10

Is there anyone who believes that Dorinda's daughter doesn't watch the show? I don't get when people say things like this. By Dorinda's account, she and her daughter are very close. This has to have been a huge deal in Dorinda's life - being on a Reality Show, and your daughter isn't going to watch you? Makes zero sense to me. 

• Love 20
(edited)

In this case, I would be asking why are you mad, which I think is a legit question. It's like drawing an invisible line in your head and being mad that the other person crosses it, when you didn't clue them in to the line. It's not as if Kristen told John she was uncomfortable and he pursued physical contact despite her wishes. She was dancing and grinding and having a good time. Until she wasn't. I don't think John is at fault, but Kristen tried to make it seem John was grabby and I think Dorinda was just trying to say that Kristen was playing along. Now, I haven't seen the first look, and from the sound of it I'm not going to be happy about the topless photos excuse/diversion, but I did understand what Dorinda was saying in the Berkshires.

I was being polite in my example. I originally typed "sexually assaulted" only to replace it with "trying to have sex." Maybe I should have kept it as it was, but I didn't.

But to discuss the other point, I think that John was grabby. He turned around and immediately put his hands on Kristen's hips, which made Kristen uncomfortable. I haven't seen the Berkshire ep since it aired (which is to say that my memory of it could be faulty), but didn't Kristen agree that she was playing along and dancing and fine with it until John turned around? I never got the impression that Kristen was trying to play fast and loose about dancing with John in the beginning. Dorinda, however, went 0 to 100 and accused Kristen of embarrassing Dorinda.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 16

I was being polite in my example. I originally typed "sexually assaulted" only to replace it with "trying to have sex." Maybe I should have kept it as it was, but I didn't.

But to discuss the other point, I think that John was grabby. He turned around and immediately put his hands on Kristen's hips, which made Kristen uncomfortable. I haven't seen the Berkshire ep since it aired (which is to say that my memory of it could be faulty), but didn't Kristen agree that she was playing along and danicng and fine with it until John turned around? I never got the impression that Kristen was trying to play fast and loose about dancing with John in the beginning. Dorinda, however, went 0 to 100 and accused Kristen of embarrassing Dorinda.

The thing that bothered me the most about that whole deal was Dorinda's assertion that Kristen had made a fool of Dorinda. How is that possible? She put the blame completely on Kristen's slim shoulders. If there was anyone making Dorinda look like a fool, it was John. And what about Sonja? If Kristen made her look the fool, then surely Sonja did as well. She was dancing with John too. Others have discussed how selective Dorinda is in her anger, and I think that is exactly right. Immediately after that scene we saw Sonja come into Dorinda's bedroom, with John standing in the room, clad only in her jammies. John was certainly glad to see Sonja, a fact he did nothing to hide. I've little doubt if asked about it, Dorinda would find a way to blame Kristen. Or maybe Heather. Yes, somehow it all must have been Heather's fault. 

• Love 21

In this case, I would be asking why are you mad, which I think is a legit question. It's like drawing an invisible line in your head and being mad that the other person crosses it, when you didn't clue them in to the line. It's not as if Kristen told John she was uncomfortable and he pursued physical contact despite her wishes. She was dancing and grinding and having a good time. Until she wasn't. I don't think John is at fault, but Kristen tried to make it seem John was grabby and I think Dorinda was just trying to say that Kristen was playing along. Now, I haven't seen the first look, and from the sound of it I'm not going to be happy about the topless photos excuse/diversion, but I did understand what Dorinda was saying in the Berkshires.

Kristen was fine when she and John were butt to butt but after her turned around and started grinding his groin into Kristen, pulling her tighter against his groin at the same time and using his hands on her upper pelvic region, she immediately removed herself. She never complained other than 1 TH and it was very, very mild.

I can't imagine why Dorinda would say that to Bethenny, I took it that she agreed with it.  John was not camera shy and put his business on the show, to me it  appeared to show up at filming spots even without Dorinda, giving rise to the now infamous, "What are you doing here without Dorinda?"  I got the impression John knew where they were filming and figured-hey a chance for more camera time.  So why would Dorinda ask Bethenny to back that shit up?  This is Bethenny talking about someone who has Skinny Girl in every scene. She can't be saying John wanting his business out there is a bad thing-Bethenny is then a hypocrite if she said is implying it is a negative thing.  How would that be any different than Josh's E-boost last year?

Bethenny did not say it as a compliment IMO. I thought it was a slam and a warning to Dorinda that John was a bit fame hungry. She would have ripped Heather's, Kristen's or Carole's head(s) off had they said the same exact thing, in the same exact way about John.

But to discuss the other point, I think that John was grabby. He turned around and immediately put his hands on Kristen's hips, which made Kristen uncomfortable. I haven't seen the Berkshire ep since it aired (which is to say that my memory of it could be faulty), but didn't Kristen agree that she was playing along and danicng and fine with it until John turned around? I never got the impression that Kristen was trying to play fast and loose about dancing with John in the beginning. Dorinda, however, went 0 to 100 and accused Kristen of embarrassing Dorinda.

John not only rubbed his groin against Kristen's butt, he also grabbed her, pulled her tighter to him as he was doing it and splayed his hands/fingers across her lower abdomen/upper pelvic region. As soon as that happened, Kristen squealed, giggled and removed herself from him and quickly walked away. Just like when George grabbed her, she didn't make a big deal about it but joked it off, even in her THs she did not make either into some big deal.

• Love 17

Well, there is a huge difference between trying to have sex and sexual assault. I don't see how one can be replaced with the other.

My point is that Kristen never told John she was uncomfortable with the switch (she behind him, him behind her) yet she acted as if he was doing something wrong. I think Dorinda was trying to say that she was embarrassed because Kristen was trying to make it seem like John was behaving inappropriately or doing something wrong, because Kristen decided a line had been crossed that was arbitrary and unknown to John. I understand that.

The thing that bothered me the most about that whole deal was Dorinda's assertion that Kristen had made a fool of Dorinda. How is that possible? She put the blame completely on Kristen's slim shoulders. If there was anyone making Dorinda look like a fool, it was John. And what about Sonja? If Kristen made her look the fool, then surely Sonja did as well. She was dancing with John too. Others have discussed how selective Dorinda is in her anger, and I think that is exactly right. Immediately after that scene we saw Sonja come into Dorinda's bedroom, with John standing in the room, clad only in her jammies. John was certainly glad to see Sonja, a fact he did nothing to hide. I've little doubt if asked about it, Dorinda would find a way to blame Kristen. Or maybe Heather. Yes, somehow it all must have been Heather's fault. 

John is the one who made a fool of Dorinda.  Personally, I think Dorinda is redirecting her (IMO legitimate) anger at John onto Kristen.  I wish Dorinda had more self-awareness-- it's one of her weaknesses.  She doesn't realize when she's being unfair, or reflect on her emotions and apologize for them later.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 10

Based on what I've seen so far, John is too good for Dorinda.

Right!

She is not particularly nice to him. She seem to barely tolerate him. If I was John, I'd be looking for a new girlfriend. Dorinda seems to love that John and her daughter don't really get along. When they showed the clips of Hannah saying gross wrt a picture of John and Dorinda, she has the biggest smile on her face.

• Love 5

Well, there is a huge difference between trying to have sex and sexual assault. I don't see how one can be replaced with the other.

My point is that Kristen never told John she was uncomfortable with the switch (she behind him, him behind her) yet she acted as if he was doing something wrong. I think Dorinda was trying to say that she was embarrassed because Kristen was trying to make it seem like John was behaving inappropriately or doing something wrong, because Kristen decided a line had been crossed that was arbitrary and unknown to John. I understand that.

So you think Kristen should have said something to him at Dorinda's party and cause a scene? I am sure that would have gone over really well with Dorinda. LOL Kristen only talked about it once in a TH until Ramona asked her about it at Dorinda's dinner. And in her conversation with Ramona, she was not nasty about John at any time. Funny how Dorinda didn't ask Ramona why she was involved with a conversation about John once again even though Dorinda told her to stop talking about him a few days before that trip. LOL

Right!

She is not particularly nice to him. She seem to barely tolerate him. If I was John, I'd be looking for a new girlfriend. Dorinda seems to love that John and her daughter don't really get along. When they showed the clips of Hannah saying gross wrt a picture of John and Dorinda, she has the biggest smile on her face.

IMO, just mine, Dorinda LOVES that Hannah and John are fighting for and over her! She LOVES being the center of attention with both of them.

• Love 5

Kristen was fine when she and John were butt to butt but after her turned around and started grinding his groin into Kristen, pulling her tighter against his groin at the same time and using his hands on her upper pelvic region, she immediately removed herself. She never complained other than 1 TH and it was very, very mild.

John not only rubbed his groin against Kristen's butt, he also grabbed her, pulled her tighter to him as he was doing it and splayed his hands/fingers across her lower abdomen/upper pelvic region. As soon as that happened, Kristen squealed, giggled and removed herself from him and quickly walked away. Just like when George grabbed her, she didn't make a big deal about it but joked it off, even in her THs she did not make either into some big deal.

Kristen was behind John with her crotch against his butt and her tits smashed into his back, which she was fine with. John says "let's switch" and turn to put his crotch against her and his hands *on her hips* (upper pelvic region? Seriously?). Kristen certainly has a right to feel there is behavior that she's comfortable with and behavior she's not comfortable with, but don't make it John's fault because he didn't know the line. I think that was what Dorinda was saying (in the Berkshires at least).

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

John is the one who made a fool of Dorinda. Personally, I think Dorinda is redirecting her (IMO legitimate) anger at John onto Kristen. I wish Dorinda had more self-awareness-- it's one of her weaknesses. She doesn't realize when she's being unfair, or reflect on her emotions and apologize for them later.

Yes, this what I can't figure out about Dorinda. How can she not see things that went down and be utterly embarrassed and have apologies for the people she went after, knowing what she knows now.

When she first came on the show I thought she was level headed and a smart woman.

Is it no self awareness? Or she's desperate to be on this show, that she's willing to after the women on the lowest teir (Kristen & Heather)?

• Love 7

So you think Kristen should have said something to him at Dorinda's party and cause a scene? I am sure that would have gone over really well with Dorinda. LOL Kristen only talked about it once in a TH until Ramona asked her about it at Dorinda's dinner. And in her conversation with Ramona, she was not nasty about John at any time. Funny how Dorinda didn't ask Ramona why she was involved with a conversation about John once again even though Dorinda told her to stop talking about him a few days before that trip. LOL.

I don't think she needed to say anything, but because she didn't, I don't think she has any business talking about John's behavior being wrong. Whether in a TH or with Ramona at Dorinda's house...and Kristen brought it up to Dorinda, not Ramona.

Yes, this what I can't figure out about Dorinda. How can she not see things that went down and be utterly embarrassed and have apologies for the people she went after, knowing what she knows now.

When she first came on the show I thought she was level headed and a smart woman.

Is it no self awareness? Or she's desperate to be on this show, that she's willing to after the women on the lowest teir (Kristen & Heather)?

I don't know... she seems to lack the capacity for self-reflection or introspection.  Not sure if it's a lack of self-awareness; you'd think seeing herself played back on TV would make up for that.  It's strange to me, too.  I don't know what makes people blind to their own faults, but she sure seems unwilling to acknowledge or apologize when she's done wrong.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 6

Kristen was behind John with her crotch against his butt and her tits smashed into his back, which she was fine with. John says "let's switch" and turn to put his crotch against her and his hands *on her hips* (upper pelvic region? Seriously?). Kristen certainly has a right to behavior that she's comfortable with and she's not comfortable with, but don't make it John's fault because he didn't know the line. I think that was what Dorinda was saying (in the Berkshires at least).

Yes, his hands were on the inside of her hips, NOT on her hip bones/outside and his fingers were splayed open as he pulled her tighter to him, they showed his hands on the preview last night. Kristen did NOT complain, she squealed, giggled and quickly walked away. She did not chastise him, did not yell at him, she just removed herself when she became uncomfortable and she never made it a big deal OR put any blame on John even in her TH. She did not make it a big deal or blame John to Ramona either but simply told her she got uncomfortable. Dorinda is once again making a mountain out of a mole hill and blaming the wrong person for "embarrassing" her! JMO

• Love 6

I don't think she needed to say anything, but because she didn't, I don't think she has any business talking about John's behavior being wrong. Whether in a TH or with Ramona at Dorinda's house...and Kristen brought it up to Dorinda, not Ramona.

Actually, Dorinda walked into the room and heard Kristen answering Ramona's question and asked what they were talking about. Kristen told her the truth, unlike Ramona, who lied to cover her own a$$. Kristen told Dorinda exactly what she said to Ramona, that John made her feel uncomfortable and she walked away for him. She never said that he did something wrong, something bad or even something nasty, only that she got uncomfortable by his actions and she then removed herself.

• Love 7

Yes, his hands were on the inside of her hips, NOT on her hip bones/outside and his fingers were splayed open as he pulled her tighter to him, they showed his hands on the preview last night. Kristen did NOT complain, she squealed, giggled and quickly walked away. She did not chastise him, did not yell at him, she just removed herself when she became uncomfortable and she never made it a big deal OR put any blame on John even in her TH. She did not make it a big deal or blame John to Ramona either but simply told her she got uncomfortable. Dorinda is once again making a mountain out of a mole hill and blaming the wrong person for "embarrassing" her! JMO

The palms of his hands were on her hip bones and she was shaking her ass and giggling....and John is supposed to know she is uncomfortable? Kristen tries to put it all on John, that with her John was handsy and "touchy-feely". Don't do a sandwich if you don't want to do a sandwich, Kristen.

Actually, Dorinda walked into the room and heard Kristen answering Ramona's question and asked what they were talking about. Kristen told her the truth, unlike Ramona, who lied to cover her own a$$. Kristen told Dorinda exactly what she said to Ramona, that John made her feel uncomfortable and she walked away for him. She never said that he did something wrong, something bad or even something nasty, only that she got uncomfortable by his actions and she then removed herself.

Was the gist of the conversation that John had been behaving perfectly appropriate given the situation or that he had done something wrong?

I think clearly Kristen was trying to say that John did something wrong.

Edited by shoegal

The palms of his hands were on her hip bones and she was shaking her ass and giggling....and John is supposed to know she is uncomfortable? Kristen tries to put it all on John, that with her John was handsy and "touchy-feely". Don't do a sandwich if you don't want to do a sandwich, Kristen.

She didn't put it all on John though. She walked away and in her TH said that she got uncomfortable when her grabbed her and pulled her into him. She did not go off about him at all at any time nor did she deny her part in dancing with him to begin with. Dorinda needs to take John to task, not Kristen. And his thumbs were on her hips, his palms and fingers were on her lower abdomen/upper pelvic area. IMO, Kristen was fine with what they were doing/dancing until he grabbed her and pulled her into him tighter!

• Love 5

She didn't put it all on John though. She walked away and in her TH said that she got uncomfortable when her grabbed her and pulled her into him. She did not go off about him at all at any time nor did she deny her part in dancing with him to begin with. Dorinda needs to take John to task, not Kristen. And his thumbs were on her hips, his palms and fingers were on her lower abdomen/upper pelvic area. IMO, Kristen was fine with what they were doing/dancing until he grabbed her and pulled her into him tighter!

Take John to task *for what*?