Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Nick Carter: As Long As You Love Him

• Start Topic

I will say this, while I wasn't blown away by Nick's freestyle, I haven't been able to get Larger Than Life out of my head all day. (So...win? Damn you catchy Backstreet Boys songs.) 

When did Nick and Avril become BFF?

Since their managers/label decided they'd sell more things if they teamed up. ;P

I will say this, while I wasn't blown away by Nick's freestyle, I haven't been able to get Larger Than Life out of my head all day. (So...win? Damn you catchy Backstreet Boys songs.) 

Since their managers/label decided they'd sell more things if they teamed up. ;P

But Nick (and BSB) is independent, no longer with a major label (one of the reasons why they struggle to get radio airtime). They have been releasing stuff under their own label since parting with Jive, which I don't mind since they have more artistic freedom with their music.

But Nick (and BSB) is independent, no longer with a major label (one of the reasons why they struggle to get radio airtime). They have been releasing stuff under their own label since parting with Jive, which I don't mind since they have more artistic freedom with their music.

Unfortunately, I think BSB were struggling to get radio airtime before parting from the label. That has bugged me for a long time because I always like their music and want them to do well. When they were in their super prime, it wasn't an issue. But soon after, while they were still relatively popular, airplay became an issue. I don't know if it's related to the whole payola thing or whatever. Similar has happened with Christina Aguilera. She's had a few songs recently (from her album - not others she collaborated with) that I thought could have been successful but barely got any airplay. Like her duet with Blake Shelton that was on her album. Considering his fan base, I think it could have been successful if it got more radio play.

And related to the earlier post about total sales vs. first week sales, yes, that makes me feel better, lol. Clearly total sales are more important. :-)

Count me as one of the fans who did not love Nick's freestyle, within the context of this show. While I love BSB and used to go to a ton of concerts, that isn't what I turned into the show for. I wanted to see something new and exciting and something to show off his growth. He did a great job, but it was something I have seen before. I was disappointed. I wish Sharna didn't give into the need to fall back on BSB choreography or similar so much, because I do think Nick has shown that he can do well with other things. II would have totally been fine with them using one of their songs but doing a completely different dance. I loved his jive, though, and would still like a win for him. My fangirl self can't help it. 

• Love 1

I'm finally getting to watch last night's episode, and I just loved Nick's jive. He and Sharna have great chemistry, and they really looked like they were having fun. At the beginning of the season, I never would have believed he would end up my favorite.

And now I want to take dance lessons and learn to jive to "Runaway Baby."

• Love 2

Even though Nick didn't win the trophy, he lost weight and had a great time. Glad to see him have fun out there. And I had fun going off-topic here :D #sorrymods Like I mentioned in the other thread, glad that it is over (back to normal hobbies for me). Had a girl crush on Sharna and enjoyed her connections/moments with Nick. Good luck to the Aussie, perhaps we'll see her on tour with the boys someday. And to Nick, rest up and get back into the studio. I want to see a new BSB album!

• Love 3