Type keyword(s) to search

Past Plots Discussion: Whatever Happened To...

• Start Topic

The show is just awful under Ron that I am re-watching 1992, to get my Days fix.  What a beautiful year and Sherry Anderson is just so damn awesome as the headwriter. If only Ken Corday had made her the headwriter again when she came back to the show instead of Reron..

Did Sherry want it though? I always wonder but yes I enjoyed 1992 a lot. Even though I didn't care for RKK's version of Bo that much(at least with Carly/Hope with Billie he was fine). They had other storylines going on. The arrival of Nicky/Vivian. Lawrence being his fine tortured self. Jack/Jennifer starting their married life more or less(although I wish they had better plots).  Isabella's sad death. It had everything for everyone. 

• Love 4
On 4/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I like that Days never changed its theme. I wish I could watch old episodes of Days 

Yes please! I’d like to start from the beginning..if I have that long ..

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

A wonderful 1979 episode was just posted on one of the YT channels.  It was the episode after Stephanie Woodruff scalded her fingertips to avoid discovery that she was Brook Hamilton.  The episode also featured Laura Horton learning via letter that her catatonic mother was edging back into reality.  She also dissed Alice for gossiping about Julie's son David.  Doug has a lengthy chat with houseguest Amanda Peters.  Mary Anderson rebels against the sexism of Andersen Manufacturing, run by her father and her ex, Chris Kositchek.

There is almost no score/music during the episode, and the scenes are LONG.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/28/2022 at 6:27 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Did Sherry want it though? I always wonder but yes I enjoyed 1992 a lot. Even though I didn't care for RKK's version of Bo that much(at least with Carly/Hope with Billie he was fine). They had other storylines going on. The arrival of Nicky/Vivian. Lawrence being his fine tortured self. Jack/Jennifer starting their married life more or less(although I wish they had better plots).  Isabella's sad death. It had everything for everyone. 

I am loving 1992. Marlena is just so damn awesome that year.  This was Marlena at her best after she came back from the dead. I love her in doctor mode. I am loving Roman and Marlena together.  Marlena loved Roman with all of her heart, she did not settle for him because John was with Isabella.  Wayne and Deidre's love scenes  Roman and Marlena are just hot..  My heart is breaking for Roman knowing what is to come. He really is like a fish out of water. His confusion and resentment is causing him to lash out at everybody, especially Marlena and Carrie for still caring about John.  Marlena should have gotten him some therapy after being held captive by Stefano for 7 years and being replaced by John.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

When Marlena returned from the dead I admit I didn't really like her as much as I did before. 

I think her affair with John was what sealed it for me. I much prefer John/Marlena with other people romantically despite thinking their family dynamic works.

I don't get why the show thought Roman was worthless post Marlena though. At least with Wayne in the role they could've paired him with someone else had him deal with what happened through therapy, be the other VOR for the children. I just don't get bringing him back only to retcon John and then ship him off a couple years later. They should've kept John as Roman in retrospect if that's how it was going to be. Course there would be now Shawn/Belle/Claire and Brady/Theresa/Tate but I could've lived without those pairings/children.

• Love 4

I think 92/93 is the last years of the show that I enjoyed.  The JER years afterwards and the devil possession changed the show and not for the better for me 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

When Marlena returned from the dead I admit I didn't really like her as much as I did before. 

I think her affair with John was what sealed it for me. I much prefer John/Marlena with other people romantically despite thinking their family dynamic works.

I don't get why the show thought Roman was worthless post Marlena though. At least with Wayne in the role they could've paired him with someone else had him deal with what happened through therapy, be the other VOR for the children. I just don't get bringing him back only to retcon John and then ship him off a couple years later. They should've kept John as Roman in retrospect if that's how it was going to be. Course there would be now Shawn/Belle/Claire and Brady/Theresa/Tate but I could've lived without those pairings/children.

I am curious to know why you disliked her?  She was a bit different after she came back but her dealings with the Lombard family was excellent and  very old school Marlena, she got too close to her patient Roger and it backfired on her when Stella his wife lost her mind, kidnapped her and threw her in that pit. She also was the one that saved Kayla's nursing career after she was instrumental in proving that Kayla did not accidently kill the Lombard's son. I loved her closeness with Bo, Kim and I loved her interactions with everybody on the show.  She had a purpose  as a doctor and was not mooning over John.

Marlena did become unlikeable for me after she got with John in the late 90's.  She seemed like an obsessed school girl and not the confident woman that she was when she was with Roman and Rojohn.  Drake becoming John and losing his purpose on the show ruined the magic for me.. Drake should have remained Roman.

I think it was JER that found Roman to be worthless and wrote accordingly.  Sherry adored him and she did write the affair but Roman got lost in the shuffle and was written out by JER.  Sherry had already left the show in the middle of 1993.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Swartz said:

I think 92/93 is the last years of the show that I enjoyed.  The JER years afterwards and the devil possession changed the show and not for the better for me 

I agree, Sherry was against JER's plan for the possession story  and she left in 1993. Her material was used by JER and he tweaked it by writing Jack out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am curious to know why you disliked her?  She was a bit different after she came back but her dealings with the Lombard family was excellent and  very old school Marlena, she got too close to her patient Roger and it backfired on her when Stella his wife lost her mind, kidnapped her and threw her in that pit. She also was the one that saved Kayla's nursing career after she was instrumental in proving that Kayla did not accidently kill the Lombard's son. I loved her closeness with Bo, Kim and I loved her interactions with everybody on the show.  She had a purpose  as a doctor and was not mooning over John.

Marlena did become unlikeable for me after she got with John in the late 90's.  She seemed like an obsessed school girl and not the confident woman that she was when she was with Roman and Rojohn.  Drake becoming John and losing his purpose on the show ruined the magic for me.. Drake should have remained Roman.

I think it was JER that found Roman to be worthless and wrote accordingly.  Sherry adored him and she did write the affair but Roman got lost in the shuffle and was written out by JER.  Sherry had already left the show in the middle of 1993.

The stuff with Stella was good but it was the bolded that did it for me. Plus she also seemed to love John more than her actual children. Which is something you wouldn't get from the other heroines of the show. Jennifer would choose her children over Jack, Hope her children over Bo etc. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The stuff with Stella was good but it was the bolded that did it for me. Plus she also seemed to love John more than her actual children. Which is something you wouldn't get from the other heroines of the show. Jennifer would choose her children over Jack, Hope her children over Bo etc. 

I don’t see Marlena loving John more than her kids. That usually comes from Sami fans. In reality, Marlena broke off the affair with John in order to save her marriage and family. She even pushed John towards Kristen when Kristen first arrived because she wanted to be a family with Roman and her kids. It was Roman who divorced Marlena and left town in 1994, against Marlena’s wishes. Roman also abandoned his kids when he left town.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t see Marlena loving John more than her kids. That usually comes from Sami fans. In reality, Marlena broke off the affair with John in order to save her marriage and family. She even pushed John towards Kristen when Kristen first arrived because she wanted to be a family with Roman and her kids. It was Roman who divorced Marlena and left town in 1994, against Marlena’s wishes. Roman also abandoned his kids when he left town.

I hate Sami as you know but for me what drove it home was when Marlena was shown what her family's life would be like without her and it was John moving on with someone else that compelled her to live not her children. The one thing I like about Sami is that she doesn't have this idyllic view of her mother like the rest of the children do.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I hate Sami as you know but for me what drove it home was when Marlena was shown what her family's life would be like without her and it was John moving on with someone else that compelled her to live not her children. The one thing I like about Sami is that she doesn't have this idyllic view of her mother like the rest of the children do.

I think it is because that Sami saw her mother having sex with another man.  I have never understood why Sami was even attached to Roman anyway, since John was the one that raised her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think it is because that Sami saw her mother having sex with another man.  I have never understood why Sami was even attached to Roman anyway, since John was the one that raised her.

It would've made more sense if it was Carrie who spent time with Roman.

• Useful 1
36 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It would've made more sense if it was Carrie who spent time with Roman.

Carrie did act out when Roman came back and lost John as a father.  She had a hard time letting go of John and accepting Roman back as her dad. Remember it took Carrie a long time to accept RoJohn because he had a different face.  When she called him dad, it was a big step for her. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Carrie did act out when Roman came back and lost John as a father.  She had a hard time letting go of John and accepting Roman back as her dad. Remember it took Carrie a long time to accept RoJohn because he had a different face.  When she called him dad, it was a big step for her. 

Yes this I do remember actually it was with Tracy Middendorf's version. I think had she stuck around they might've gone this route with Carrie instead of Sami. I think CC's Carrie is more classic heroine.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes this I do remember actually it was with Tracy Middendorf's version. I think had she stuck around they might've gone this route with Carrie instead of Sami. I think CC's Carrie is more classic heroine.

I always thought that Tracy Middendorf got a raw deal from the fans.  They were so harsh and unfair at times.  I thought she had awesome chemistry with Patrick Muldoon's Austin.  While Tracy was not Christie, she was an acceptable recast.

• Love 2

I don't think Carrie really ever did let go of John as a father figure. NOT trying to say she doesn't love Roman and Anna. Of course, they are her parents. But I do think John and Marlena are like a second mother and father to her. Whenever Carrie visits, she and John still seem to have a warm, loving relationship.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/3/2022 at 6:51 PM, Swartz said:

I came in from 1997 so I was all in on the campiness of Susan/Kristen/the Elvis wedding, etc etc.

As a teenager I was really into the Last Chance Blast years (I loved that it was a two year arc about teenaged bullying culminating into the prom and then the trip to Puerto Rico so the school can learn to get along), and I was super-into EJami's early days in 2006-07 but they lost me with the Colleen/Santo crap.

Will's coming out storyline got me to come back but I've been pretty intermittent with the show. General Hospital is more watchable than this show right now Sonny central and all, and I NEVER thought I'd say that.

The last time I was honestly riveted to the show was the storyline where Nick is tormented by his Prison Daddy, who I found pretty sexy. Blake Berris acted the hell out of it and it still baffles me that this show wouldn't invest in him.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I always thought that Tracy Middendorf got a raw deal from the fans.  They were so harsh and unfair at times.  I thought she had awesome chemistry with Patrick Muldoon's Austin.  While Tracy was not Christie, she was an acceptable recast.

I agree watching old clips I had no issue with her performance however at the same time I also didn't think she fit with the rest of the cast as well as Christie did if that makes sense.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree watching old clips I had no issue with her performance however at the same time I also didn't think she fit with the rest of the cast as well as Christie did if that makes sense.

I understand you perfectly.  Christie grew up with the cast so she would always have that advantage.  Had she not come back, I would have been okay with Tracy as Carrie.  She gave Carrie an edge that made sense given the turmoil in her life. 

I loved her chemistry with Patrick Muldoon's Austin and  Lisa Rinna's Billie.  She did have creepy chemistry with Lawrence which made her crush on him pretty unsettling, given their age difference the power dynamics and the fact that Lawrence was a rapist.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I understand you perfectly.  Christie grew up with the cast so she would always have that advantage.  Had she not come back, I would have been okay with Tracy as Carrie.  She gave Carrie an edge that made sense given the turmoil in her life. 

I loved her chemistry with Patrick Muldoon's Austin and  Lisa Rinna's Billie.  She did have creepy chemistry with Lawrence which made her crush on him pretty unsettling, given their age difference the power dynamics and the fact that Lawrence was a rapist.

I agree but I found it refreshing when she found out he raped Jennifer that she was immediately disgusted by him.

That wouldn't be the case now(although soaps are real arbitrary as to which rapists are worse than others).

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree but I found it refreshing when she found out he raped Jennifer that she was immediately disgusted by him.

That wouldn't be the case now(although soaps are real arbitrary as to which rapists are worse than others).

I am so happy that the show never tried to redeem Lawrence.  I do wish that the show had explored the Jack/Lawrence dynamic further.  Jack and Lawrence were so damn similar and Jack saw himself in Lawrence after Jennifer's rape. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am so happy that the show never tried to redeem Lawrence.  I do wish that the show had explored the Jack/Lawrence dynamic further.  Jack and Lawrence were so damn similar and Jack saw himself in Lawrence after Jennifer's rape. 

Lawrence is my all time fave character on this show and I'm glad that was also the case. Villains should stay that way although they made him less psychotic when they decided to keep the actor around. He was only meant to last through Alamania.

I did want to see a next generation of Nicholas/Abigail romance and to see how Jack/Lawrence would deal with that have Jennifer's rape be brought up would've been great drama too.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Lawrence is my all time fave character on this show and I'm glad that was also the case. Villains should stay that way although they made him less psychotic when they decided to keep the actor around. He was only meant to last through Alamania.

I did want to see a next generation of Nicholas/Abigail romance and to see how Jack/Lawrence would deal with that have Jennifer's rape be brought up would've been great drama too.

Lawrence was a wonderful villain and I always wanted Lawrence to have discovered that Hope was indeed alive and use that to try to break up Bo and Carly.  Perhaps he stumbles upon an amnesiac Hope and gets to know her and falls for her.. Can you imagine everybody's reaction to Hope and Lawrence being a couple?  Hope should never have been Stefano's captive and Hope should have come back when Bo and Carly were together. I hated Bo and Billie together.  

A Nicholas/Abigail/Brady triangle would have been awesome, if Abigail and Brady were allowed to grow up in real time. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Lawrence was a wonderful villain and I always wanted Lawrence to have discovered that Hope was indeed alive and use that to try to break up Bo and Carly.  Perhaps he stumbles upon an amnesiac Hope and gets to know her and falls for her.. Can you imagine everybody's reaction to Hope and Lawrence being a couple?  Hope should never have been Stefano's captive and Hope should have come back when Bo and Carly were together. I hated Bo and Billie together.  

A Nicholas/Abigail/Brady triangle would have been awesome, if Abigail and Brady were allowed to grow up in real time. 

I can't imagine Hope being involved with her cousin's rapist. I could see Lawrence being involved with Princess Gina though. He could've been Greta's father that would've made her friendship with Jack real interesting..

(edited)
44 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I can't imagine Hope being involved with her cousin's rapist. I could see Lawrence being involved with Princess Gina though. He could've been Greta's father that would've made her friendship with Jack real interesting..

An amnesiac Hope with no knowledge of her past and what transpired in Salem during her missing years could get involved with Lawrence. 

Lawrence goes to Italy after he fails to stop Bo and Carly from getting married and while being there he runs into Hope who has amnesia and is accompanied by a mysterious man with heavy security.  Lawrence becomes intrigued with her and begins to plot to use her for his own nefarious purposes in his vendetta against Bo.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Watching some of the early Shawn/Jan stuff and I think if they didn't make Jan fixated on Shawn they could've worked as a couple. She started out with some depth coming from money ignored by her parents. Had issues with her mother. Then they pretty much ruined it after Shawn tried to help her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49UxUFu47r4&t=31s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bykFpypy7ak

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

It was a really interesting dynamic. I loved Charles Keating regardless of which side of the coin he played. I missed his early years though, so it was easier for me to see him as a reformed mastermind, whose past would mess with the Rachel/Carl lovestory. Maybe if I'd seen the extent of his cruelty towards Mac and Rachel, I wouldn't have bought him as a love interest.

Rachel/Victoria W certainly morphed because of that love story and began acting as a "Lady of the Manor" and less of a grounded woman, which annoyed some. But Keating just sold everything he was given.

Did those of you who saw Stefano and Victor from the early days feel their turns as romanric leads were as believable (with, say, Kate and Maggie, respectively)?

@DisneyBoy I liked Kate with Stefano and Victor but I felt they were on equal footing and didn't have that past history. Victor/Maggie I was ok with till they got married as he never did anything to Mickey/Maggie. After that it was Victor doing something terrible and Maggie being exasperated/upset over it as if she didn't know who she married. He should've had a scheming wife like Kate or Eve.

Not like Shawn/Caroline/Victor. While I did like the Victor/Caroline dynamic I wouldn't have wanted them long term because of all the terrible things Victor did to the Bradys through the years. It would also be similar to Stefano/Marlena being an item just no.

• Love 4
On 5/8/2022 at 11:08 AM, Pearson80 said:

A Nicholas/Abigail/Brady triangle would have been awesome, if Abigail and Brady were allowed to grow up in real time

Abigail is actually one of the least SORASed characters on the show- she and Will are basically tied at about 3 years. Her real birth year is 1992 with her SORASED birth year being 1989, while Will's real birth year is 1995 and his fake one is 1992. Brady's SORASed (1992 to 1981) was pretty ridiculous but almost that entire group in the young scene of the time were pretty heavy SORASED cases. I'm glad in the end it happened because original recipe BROE and the youth scene of 1999-2003 was the best teen scene this show will ever have. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5

Taking a moment to remember Chloe first showing up on the show.

download.jpg.47fa1f5137ba33994cfd422f4f370fe6.jpg

If that wasn't one of the most ridiculous "let's pretend this extremely gorgeous girl is an ugly nerd by putting glasses on her" trope, I don't know what was. I mean, it's seriously comical. They kept this up for almost a year until the Last Chance Blast dance where we learn that *shocker* Chloe is actually gorgeous. Wow, no shit, folks!

Belle-Philip-Chloe-Last-Blast-Days-Aaron-Montgomery-JPI.thumb.webp.7e842a682b504cfd60cb87fd8ffcb475.webp

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes! I wasn't watching then but my sister told me about it. I love shit like that lol.

I know there were people that didn't like Tomlin/Whitesell but I came back to watching Days full time during this era. JJ was a way better character back then until they neutered him like every other promising character on this show. I watched the video clips of this yesterday. I didn't realize that Kayla crankcalled Kate while high lol. I think that was the last time we ever saw the Horton kitchen.

• Love 5

Some questions I have... 🤓

When Julie and Susan were the two big rivals in the show, which one did audiences tend to root for?

Were Mickey & Laura ever a couple the audience rooted for? Or was that marriage always seen as an obstacle to Bill & Laura?

I know that the truth about Mike's paternity came out when he was a teen-ish. But here's what I don't know: did the two bombshells of the rape and the paternity come out together? Or did knowledge of the rape come later? When Mike learned that Uncle Bill was his father, did he also learn he was the product of Bill raping his mother? Bonus question: did Jennifer learn about the rape on-screen?

Did Tommy ever drive story after he drove his sister to the convent? In family photos I saw online recently, Tommy looks like Tom's younger brother, not son. Odd bit of casting. 

Edited by ajs1615
Typo
  • Useful 2

I followed the JJ and Eve storyline on Youtube by being a fan of Kassie DePaiva.  Kassie/Eve is very beautiful/hot/sultry.  She'd be hard to resist!  There's certainly a part of me that doesn't um fault JJ for going there.   But yeah having an affair with your girlfriends mom and your mom walking in on you getting it on is rough.  

As I said I'm a Kassie fan but that whole storyline was pretty enticing even though I imagine a lot of people would have found it gross.

What became of that?  I know JJ's mom and Eve always seemed to hate each other afterwards 

• Applause 1
12 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

What became of that?  I know JJ's mom and Eve always seemed to hate each other afterwards 

Jennifer and Eve didn't really get along for decades before JJ and Paige were twinkles in their respective eyes. Between Frankie/Jennifer busting the teen prostitution ring for which Eve worked, Eve's crush on Frankie, the Jack/Eve marriage of convenience when Jennifer had just been raped by Lawrence... I don't think that the JJ/Eve fling did much, if anything, to change the Jennifer/Eve dynamic on a permanent basis.

Because everyone's favorite serial killer slaughtered Paige like an animal in her dormitory shower (but don't worry he sailed off into the sunset with his wife and baby), the original rationale for JJ/Eve was gone. And so the fallout mostly stopped too. As of now, Eve is in prison, Paige is dead, JJ is offscreen, and Jennifer is a non-factor in her own daughter's murder.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

I know JJ's mom and Eve always seemed to hate each other afterwards 

Jennifer and Eve have always hated each other, back to the days when they were both after Frankie.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

I followed the JJ and Eve storyline on Youtube by being a fan of Kassie DePaiva.  Kassie/Eve is very beautiful/hot/sultry.  She'd be hard to resist!  There's certainly a part of me that doesn't um fault JJ for going there.   But yeah having an affair with your girlfriends mom and your mom walking in on you getting it on is rough.  

As I said I'm a Kassie fan but that whole storyline was pretty enticing even though I imagine a lot of people would have found it gross.

I was one of the few that actually enjoyed JJ/Eve. Jennifer's reaction was hilarious and I thought he had more chemistry with Eve than with Paige tbh. Its one of the few that actually had lasting consequences in that Paige stayed dead. JJ fundamentally changed after that and not for the better as he became effectively neutered.  Eve however lost whatever humanity she had left and became a cartoon villain to the point where she's in prison but the man who slaughtered her daughter gets a HEA.  Hard to believe how badly it went downhill for both characters after that storyline.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I was one of the few that actually enjoyed JJ/Eve. Jennifer's reaction was hilarious and I thought he had more chemistry with Eve than with Paige tbh. Its one of the few that actually had lasting consequences in that Paige stayed dead. JJ fundamentally changed after that and not for the better as he became effectively neutered.  Eve however lost whatever humanity she had left and became a cartoon villain to the point where she's in prison but the man who slaughtered her daughter gets a HEA.  Hard to believe how badly it went downhill for both characters after that storyline.

They did they ever of locking the door so Jennifer couldn't walk in 😅

Yes I'm more of a Kassie fan than Days of Our Lives but its a storyline that kept me interested

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BlueSkies said:

They did they ever of locking the door so Jennifer couldn't walk in 😅

Yes I'm more of a Kassie fan than Days of Our Lives but its a storyline that kept me interested

Well its for soapy purposes but I was hoping JJ/Roxanne would've been a long term option as I thought he and his friend/fake GF had decent chemistry.

• Love 1

Just to clarify- was Frankie/Jennifer the first actual teen scene of the series? It sounds like before that, you had teenagers but they'd always interact with adults like Julie (teen shoplifter bad girl) and Hope, basically the show's answer to Genie Francis's Laura. Hope didn't even attend Salem High per her first conversation with Bo as she tells him she goes to Lincoln High. After F/J aged out the next one was Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lukas, and then of course we got the Zenith of the Teen Scene with Last Blast Dance. It kinda makes sense that a soap wouldn't have targeted teens directly until the 80's, although All My Children had one at the get go with Erica/Jeff/Tara/Phillip.

Edited by methodwriter85

There's sort of Melissa/Pete in between Hope and Jennifer. Melissa was definitely at Salem High (although rarely seen there). Pete, who had dropped out of school, was only slightly older-- at the time of the big Bope wedding, I believe Bo was 21, Pete/Hope were both 19, and Melissa 17.

It was certainly an evolution toward having entire sets of same-age teens. Hope was a couple of years older than Melissa, who was a couple of years older than Jennifer, who was a couple of years older than Eve (Jennifer/Eve being in high school together was a retcon), who was a couple of years older than Carrie, who was about four years older than Sami once Sami was SORASed.

10 hours ago, RedElf said:

Jennifer and Eve have always hated each other, back to the days when they were both after Frankie.

I don't think that they hated each other.  They got on each other's nerves and just did not get along with each other.  Eve called out Jennifer for playing games with Frankie and she was right.  Even Jennifer had to admit that she was not always being fair when it came to Frankie. I think that the ladies had an understanding in that they were never going to be friends and that they could co-exist especially after Eve's marriage of convenience with Jack. Eve and Jack were  wonderful together as co-conspirators she brought out Jack's conniving side and they were a hoot together. I adored their fake honeymoon, they got drunk and fell asleep on the same bed. 

For some bizarre reason the show chose to bring back Eve and created this lifelong animosity that never existed between Jennifer and Eve. Kassie was miscast as Eve, she should have come back as Melissa Horton since she and Melissa Reeves had fantastic chemistry with each other.  It would have been cool to see Kassie play a classic heroine after seeing her play Blair for so many years on One Life to Live. Plus, Melissa had a thorny history with Jack and she still hated Jack after he was redeemed.  Melissa and Jennifer could have clashed as cousins over her continued hatred of Jack with Hope mediating between the two.  Add in Mike Horton into the mix and it would be just like old times. Mike was just so wonderful with the ladies, he was not just big brother to Jennifer, he was one to Hope and Melissa as well.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1

As weird a casting choice as Kassie=Eve was, I was so grateful at the time that Kassie’s tremendous chemistry with Missy Reeves helped make Jennifer watchable again. I wasn’t sure that would ever be possible after the Dannifer years. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't think that they hated each other.  They got on each other's nerves and just did not get along with each other.  Eve called out Jennifer for playing games with Frankie and she was right.  Even Jennifer had to admit that she was not always being fair when it came to Frankie. I think that the ladies had an understanding in that they were never going to be friends and that they could co-exist especially after Eve's marriage of convenience with Jack. Eve and Jack were  wonderful together as co-conspirators she brought out Jack's conniving side and they were a hoot together. I adored their fake honeymoon, they got drunk and fell asleep on the same bed. 

For some bizarre reason the show chose to bring back Eve and created this lifelong animosity that never existed between Jennifer and Eve. Kassie was miscast as Eve, she should have come back as Melissa Horton since she and Melissa Reeves had fantastic chemistry with each other.  It would have been cool to see Kassie play a classic heroine after seeing her play Blair for so many years on One Life to Live. Plus, Melissa had a thorny history with Jack and she still hated Jack after he was redeemed.  Melissa and Jennifer could have clashed as cousins over her continued hatred of Jack with Hope mediating between the two.  Add in Mike Horton into the mix and it would be just like old times. Mike was just so wonderful with the ladies, he was not just big brother to Jennifer, he was one to Hope and Melissa as well.  

In retrospect that would've been the better option tbh.

• Fire 1
  • Love 1