Type keyword(s) to search

Past Plots Discussion: Whatever Happened To...

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Emilio: I don't have a strong recall of him, but didn't he have a curly mullet?  I never believed them to be a real couple. More like teenagers just playing the game of romance for kicks.

Yes he had curly hair and a mullet. Emilio definitely was just meant to be a teenage romance but that's because that was basically the box they put Jennifer in at that time.

But I mentioned him when you asked about who the "couple" was supposed to be because he was definitely the plan for Jennifer after Billy Warlock left*.  They were either dating or in like when she went to the Spectator.  In fact, IIRC, Jennifer's first conversation with Jack was over her wanting to write a story about horse training and a horse named "Jennifer's Beauty" (Jack to himself: She sure is--gotta think that was an adlib.) And she was interested in that horse because of Emilio since he was training it.

I didn't think much of Emilio back then but when I rewatched J&J from the beginning a few years ago, I had forgotten how hilarious Jack and Emilio were when Emilio acted as bodyguard for Jack.  Legit laugh out loud funny.  I have more affection for him since then.  They should heave leaned more into that side of the performer over bad boy with a heart of gold.

*Frankie and Jennifer were popular but they were definitely a teen romance and not considered part of the heavy hitters supercouples. The reason I don't consider him the "plan" when Jack met Jennifer is because Frankie left in the fall of 1988 and Jennifer was put in Emilio's orbit. She didn't meet Jack until Feb of 1989. Frankie didn't come back to the show until the fall of 1990.

Frankie:  I think the Bradys adopted him at some point, but can't recall the how & why. And wasn't it retconned later that he was Katerina(Carly's) brother?!  What the hell was up with THAT!? How? Why? When? What?!

Yep.  I don't even want to remember that craziness or look it up.  That's when they started messing around with people's parentage quite a bit.  John too.

In fact, until Jennifer, I never saw any romantic tension between Jack and any woman.  With Kayla, it was more like possessive, stalkery psycho than actual romance. And now that I think about it even harder, I can't think of any other woman with whom Jack (played by MA or anyone else) had UST. Can anyone here think of Jack paired with someone not Jen that seems like it could be a real thing?

Have I left out any iterations of J&J's actual or possible romantic pairings?

I'm the opposite.  The show has tried with Jennifer (and arguably had success with Peter for some) but I haven't really thought she had much chemistry with anyone other than Jack. 

However, the show, until Eve, never even tried to give Jack UST or a romance with anyone other than Jennifer. They've given him wonderful female friendships at times with the likes of Isabella, Billie, Kate (I believe), Greta and Sami but never romance.  I actively rooted for him to get into a relationship with Greta as I thought he and the actress had chemistry and Jennifer made me mad at the time.  But nope, that was when he pretended to be gay to distance himself from Greta's romantic affections.  I also thought he and Sami sparked when they were jealous over Jennifer and Brandon's relationship and worked together to interfere.  I also feel like he and Nicole grappled at one time and I thought they played well off of one another but I might be imaging this.  And honestly, as beautiful as the Jack and Isabella friendship was, I believe they could have pulled off a couple with them if the show wanted to go there.

As long as he has had his memory, I can't remember any time in which Jack was drawn to or tempted by another woman. He had amnesia with Eve and fake Jack was there when he slept with Jennifer's mother.

But I do think he has had chemistry with other woman that, had the writing/intention been there, would have worked romantically.  In addition, I actually think he had more chemistry with many of Jennifer's love interests to boot.  I already mentioned how fun Jack and Emilio were together but Jack and Frankie were positively amazing together when Jennifer came back from the dead when Jennifer was engaged to Frankie.  When Melissa decided to leave DOOL again, I wanted the show to kill her off for a change or send her to a psych ward and have Jack and Frankie continue to live together.

• Love 1

Funny that someone asked about Billy Huffsey's mullet as I actually recall reading a rumor that he was actually let go because he refused to cut his hair! (Certainly explains his character doing a complete 180 and going all psycho with Melissa and her offing him in self defense. The leaving angle, anyway. But the change was ridiculous.)

There's a channel on Youtube that has put up a playlist of WilSon's greatest hits.  If you want to see them before they get copyright struck, take a look.  The playlist is in opposite order, the newest one first, so if you want to watch them in order, you have to go to the bottom and work your way up.

• Love 4

I got caught in some old Days vids online too. I miss the coffee house set and how organic and natural it was people would stop by or run into each other there or have casual hangouts since it was designated cute. 

Even the outdoor Horton Square was better. There were so many more tables and real and decorated not patio furniture. 

Lawd Melanie was annoying. If people think Sarah is twee allow me to introduce you to Melanie (a character I liked) goodness she was always mugging and over the top. She was always pulling faces like “uh oh! 😖, clapping at good news, or squealing. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

There's a channel on Youtube that has put up a playlist of WilSon's greatest hits.

Aw, I remember when my sister used to show me all her fave Will/Sonny scenes back when she was super into them. They were so cute back then. I mean, the writing sucks more now for sure, but also it just feels like neither of FS or CM really cares anymore lol.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Aw, I remember when my sister used to show me all her fave Will/Sonny scenes back when she was super into them. They were so cute back then. I mean, the writing sucks more now for sure, but also it just feels like neither of FS or CM really cares anymore lol.

Very true but damn it was cute AF and a slow build (don’t we all miss that?) ugh I miss the production values and even Adrienne looked gorgeous out of a magazine and Sami was there to be Will’s rock 😢 Marlena wasn’t acting like some weird bitch all the time. Ron is really an actually terrible writer, it’s comedy how he phones it in at this point. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Petunia13 said:

Ron is really an actually terrible writer, it’s comedy how he phones it in at this point. 

I actually feel defensive of Ron a lot of the time and I do think he is capable of doing good work (on OLTL especially) but he has lost any ability to tell a good story at this point. It just feels like he (and everyone involved in the show tbh) doesn't even care anymore. Everyone is completely phoning it in at this point.

• Love 5

Ron seems all about camp, zingers, and cartoon scenarios. Actual soap writing, a story with a beginning, middle, and end? He absolutely SUCKS.

He needs to return to being a lawyer.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like he's probably a worse lawyer than he is writer lol.

“If the glove doesn’t fit. You must acquit” 

Judge “there was no glove found at the scene” 

“well you can’t handle the truth!”

Judge “this is traffic court. And Ron you gotta stop recycling your or other people’s stuff” 

“You’re out of order! He’s out of order! This entire court room is out of order!” 

Judge “can we motion to table this case due to incompetence so I can pursue disbarment instead?”

”you can’t disbar me. I’m back from the dead and have a chip in my head.” 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/25/2020 at 11:04 PM, Petunia13 said:

“If the glove doesn’t fit. You must acquit” 

Judge “there was no glove found at the scene” 

“well you can’t handle the truth!”

Judge “this is traffic court. And Ron you gotta stop recycling your or other people’s stuff” 

“You’re out of order! He’s out of order! This entire court room is out of order!” 

Judge “can we motion to table this case due to incompetence so I can pursue disbarment instead?”

”you can’t disbar me. I’m back from the dead and have a chip in my head.” 

https://giphy.com/gifs/vh1-black-ink-crew-blackinkchi-blankinkcrew-1d5Zn8FqmJqApu4hNU

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
On 5/7/2020 at 10:07 PM, Irlandesa said:

Yes he had curly hair and a mullet. Emilio definitely was just meant to be a teenage romance but that's because that was basically the box they put Jennifer in at that time.

But I mentioned him when you asked about who the "couple" was supposed to be because he was definitely the plan for Jennifer after Billy Warlock left*.  They were either dating or in like when she went to the Spectator.  In fact, IIRC, Jennifer's first conversation with Jack was over her wanting to write a story about horse training and a horse named "Jennifer's Beauty" (Jack to himself: She sure is--gotta think that was an adlib.) And she was interested in that horse because of Emilio since he was training it.

I didn't think much of Emilio back then but when I rewatched J&J from the beginning a few years ago, I had forgotten how hilarious Jack and Emilio were when Emilio acted as bodyguard for Jack.  Legit laugh out loud funny.  I have more affection for him since then.  They should heave leaned more into that side of the performer over bad boy with a heart of gold.

*Frankie and Jennifer were popular but they were definitely a teen romance and not considered part of the heavy hitters supercouples. The reason I don't consider him the "plan" when Jack met Jennifer is because Frankie left in the fall of 1988 and Jennifer was put in Emilio's orbit. She didn't meet Jack until Feb of 1989. Frankie didn't come back to the show until the fall of 1990.

Yep.  I don't even want to remember that craziness or look it up.  That's when they started messing around with people's parentage quite a bit.  John too.

I'm the opposite.  The show has tried with Jennifer (and arguably had success with Peter for some) but I haven't really thought she had much chemistry with anyone other than Jack. 

However, the show, until Eve, never even tried to give Jack UST or a romance with anyone other than Jennifer. They've given him wonderful female friendships at times with the likes of Isabella, Billie, Kate (I believe), Greta and Sami but never romance.  I actively rooted for him to get into a relationship with Greta as I thought he and the actress had chemistry and Jennifer made me mad at the time.  But nope, that was when he pretended to be gay to distance himself from Greta's romantic affections.  I also thought he and Sami sparked when they were jealous over Jennifer and Brandon's relationship and worked together to interfere.  I also feel like he and Nicole grappled at one time and I thought they played well off of one another but I might be imaging this.  And honestly, as beautiful as the Jack and Isabella friendship was, I believe they could have pulled off a couple with them if the show wanted to go there.

As long as he has had his memory, I can't remember any time in which Jack was drawn to or tempted by another woman. He had amnesia with Eve and fake Jack was there when he slept with Jennifer's mother.

But I do think he has had chemistry with other woman that, had the writing/intention been there, would have worked romantically.  In addition, I actually think he had more chemistry with many of Jennifer's love interests to boot.  I already mentioned how fun Jack and Emilio were together but Jack and Frankie were positively amazing together when Jennifer came back from the dead when Jennifer was engaged to Frankie.  When Melissa decided to leave DOOL again, I wanted the show to kill her off for a change or send her to a psych ward and have Jack and Frankie continue to live together.

I do agree they never wrote it that way and its a catch 22 I find it rather unique because despite Bo, John, talking about how much they love their women etc they had other women and some of those relationships were pretty popular. Jack was all about Jennifer and I find it far more believable than other couples who say that this person is their OTP. In their case its true. 

However I felt it stifled Jack as I remember when he used to be a layered character back in the day written as an individual. Sure he had a wacky side but he also was grounded in reality. The show knew how to write a balance for that.  Since then every return has watered down the character and he's been reduced to an extension of Jennifer which is unfortunate as I think MA would've stayed this entire time when so many of the other leading men have come and gone. Jack may have been in a better place and to an extent J&J as well storywise because it seems the show has no interest in writing for them when they're actually together.

However its a moot point now I think J&J balance each other out in so many ways that to me it would be strange to see them with others at this point they're a package deal.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/29/2020 at 6:21 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I do agree they never wrote it that way and its a catch 22 I find it rather unique because despite Bo, John, talking about how much they love their women etc they had other women and some of those relationships were pretty popular. Jack was all about Jennifer and I find it far more believable than other couples who say that this person is their OTP. In their case its true. 

However I felt it stifled Jack as I remember when he used to be a layered character back in the day written as an individual. Sure he had a wacky side but he also was grounded in reality. The show knew how to write a balance for that.  Since then every return has watered down the character and he's been reduced to an extension of Jennifer which is unfortunate as I think MA would've stayed this entire time when so many of the other leading men have come and gone. Jack may have been in a better place and to an extent J&J as well storywise because it seems the show has no interest in writing for them when they're actually together.

However its a moot point now I think J&J balance each other out in so many ways that to me it would be strange to see them with others at this point they're a package deal.

You should also remember that JER hated Jack and he started the destruction of Jack that has permeated till this day.. JER and others had no idea how to write Jack. Even after Jack and Jennifer were married and on their honeymoon in LA that awful character Hawk was introduced with the intention of putting him with Jennifer. Matthew was going to be fired and the fans caught wind of it and revolted and he was given a contract and that started the constant firings of Matthew over the years that ruined the character of Jack..

Jack and Jennifer should have faced Abby's illness together and the story could have build upon that. Instead Jack ran away from his responsibilities as a father and husband, Matthew was fired and Mark Valley was hired as Jack stripping him of his complexity. Jennifer fell for Peter and the destruction of Jennifer started from there in my opinion.. Jack and Jennifer are a package deal and they never needed interlopers to be interesting..  It is too bad we never had writers who appreciated how awesome Jack was and it is all because of Matthew..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
(edited)
21 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

You should also remember that JER hated Jack and he started the destruction of Jack that has permeated till this day.. JER and others had no idea how to write Jack. Even after Jack and Jennifer were married and on their honeymoon in LA that awful character Hawk was introduced with the intention of putting him with Jennifer. Matthew was going to be fired and the fans caught wind of it and revolted and he was given a contract and that started the constant firings of Matthew over the years that ruined the character of Jack..

Jack and Jennifer should have faced Abby's illness together and the story could have build upon that. Instead Jack ran away from his responsibilities as a father and husband, Matthew was fired and Mark Valley was hired as Jack stripping him of his complexity. Jennifer fell for Peter and the destruction of Jennifer started from there in my opinion.. Jack and Jennifer are a package deal and they never needed interlopers to be interesting..  It is too bad we never had writers who appreciated how awesome Jack was and it is all because of Matthew..

I do think a lot of these stories that Jennifer dealt with her children would've been a lot better with Jack's presence as well. Especially when JJ found out Jack raped Kayla and it was then we found out Abby learned of this off screen and it was whatever.. such a missed opportunity.

Jack should've been around for the pot donuts, JJ being a drug dealer and JJ/Eve's affair.  As well as the whole Ben/Abby/Chad saga and EJ/Abby's affair especially since it was Jack who warned Abby to stay away from EJ(who she crushed on as a teen).  I do agree Jennifer began going downhill after Jack left the first time. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I do think a lot of these stories that Jennifer dealt with her children would've been a lot better with Jack's presence as well. Especially when JJ found out Jack raped Kayla and it was then we found out Abby learned of this off screen and it was whatever.. such a missed opportunity.

Jack should've been around for the pot donuts, JJ being a drug dealer and JJ/Eve's affair.  As well as the whole Ben/Abby/Chad saga and EJ/Abby's affair especially since it was Jack who warned Abby to stay away from EJ(who she crushed on as a teen).  I do agree Jennifer began going downhill after Jack left the first time. 

Jack should have also formed a strong bond with Stefanie creating tension between Jack and Kayla, Stayla , Adrienne/Kayla and Jennifer/Kayla. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

As well as the whole Ben/Abby/Chad saga and EJ/Abby's affair especially since it was Jack who warned Abby to stay away from EJ(who she crushed on as a teen).  

I think you meant to say Max Brady. Abby was crushing on Max when Max was still a race car driver. I dont recall her crushing on EJ until much later on. 

1 hour ago, Rafael said:

I think you meant to say Max Brady. Abby was crushing on Max when Max was still a race car driver. I dont recall her crushing on EJ until much later on. 

It was EJ. Back when Ashley Benson was playing Abby she had a "school girl crush" on EJ.

Jack and Jennifer warned her to stay away. This was back when Jack and Sami were really good friends. 

• Love 3

I was enjoying Valerie's return in the wedding scenes, and also reading Her Stories--there was a reference to David Banning and Valerie's affair, and to Valerie's mother. I wasn't watching at that point in the 1970s, so the actress playing Valerie's mother came as a complete surprise to me--Ketty Lester.

I only knew Ketty Lester as a singer--because of one particular song, "Love Letters." And I sure never knew how beautiful she was--I guess there's some continuity with working in Marilyn McCoo.

• Love 3
On 7/2/2020 at 3:40 AM, JBC344 said:

It was EJ. Back when Ashley Benson was playing Abby she had a "school girl crush" on EJ

Hmmm never knew that. I guess it ended up being inadvertent foreshadowing for their later affair. Yes let's pretend it was all that well planned out LOL.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hmmm never knew that. I guess it ended up being inadvertent foreshadowing for their later affair. Yes let's pretend it was all that well planned out LOL.

Here's the scene

• Love 3
(edited)

So..I ended up reminiscing about tonight about Bo and Hope. I know its hard to find episodes online because Sony is always yanking them but holy crap! What a little treasure trove I found here!

I'm in tears watching some of these. If anyone has never seen the infamous episode where Bo rescues Hope when she's about to marry Larry Welch, its here gah. Holding Out For a Hero!

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 3

You know its a shame the show never brought back Larry Welch full time and have him in Hope's orbit somehow. He played such a good foil. Or Hope could've enlisted his help in getting rid of Ben(if Victor wasn't an option). They could've had an interesting adversarial dynamic without Bo in the picture.

• Love 1
(edited)

I find it funny that Marlena is Nicole's mother in law and yet the same Nicole tried to have Marlena killed during the Salem Stalker saga .

Infact ,Nicole tried to pin Victor's murder on marlena by suggesting to Brady that the salem stalker murder spree began with Victor and not with Abe. Brady told John and Bo Nicoles suspicions and  Bo decided to include Victor in the list of Salem Stalker victims.

This was when Nicole and Jan electrocuted Victor when he was bathing . 

Anyway after Marlena was arrested for the "salem stalker murders " , Nicole was scared that Marlena would reveal that she had nothing to do with Victor's death and the Salem PD will focus on Nicole as the primary suspect for Victor's death again.

So Nicole arranged to have Marlena killed in jail because she was no doubt going to prove she didnt kill victor and he wasnt part of the salem stalker killings . ⁴

She enlisted her old pal from her porn days ,Crystal Galore -who was a pornstar alongside Nicole.  

Crystal was in jail and she happened to be in the same jail where Marlena was going to be transferred to .

I think Crystal set Marlena up to be shot dead by the salem pd sniper (whom we later learned from Colin Murphy on Melaswen was on the DiMera payroll and merely tranquilised Marlena ) . Boy ,it was hella convulated . 

Anyway nicole got crystal out of jail and crystal began to enjoy extorting money out of Nicole and Jan Spears (both of whom were loaded with money as a result of victors death and jan's inheritance ) and they both decided to get rid of her and set crytal up to look like she beat up Nicole so she could be back in jail but Jan helped crystal to escape from Salem and Salem PD and we never saw her again. 

Still think that instead of getting that stupid Scooter /Hillary Porn angle during" Brady and Nicole on the run with Holly debacle " ,it would have been simpler for Nicole to reach out to Crystal,her former fellow porn colleague  to help her hide from Chloe and the Salem PD .

Perhaps Nicole and Crystal would have made amends when Nicole left salem in 2006 . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2020 at 3:02 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

You know its a shame the show never brought back Larry Welch full time and have him in Hope's orbit somehow. He played such a good foil. Or Hope could've enlisted his help in getting rid of Ben(if Victor wasn't an option). They could've had an interesting adversarial dynamic without Bo in the picture.

Instead of introducing Deimos Kiriakis to terrorise Victor and Maggie ,they should have brought back Larry Welch . Andrew Masett did appear on the show the same Deimos showed up when Larry appeared in hopes vision and Larry taunted her about how she has become worse than larry . 

Larry has good reason to go on a revenge tour against Victor and Hope and plus they could have explained his resurrection by revealing that the ISA faked his death because he was too valuable . Afterall around 2002-2003 ,there was a heavy ISA presence in Salem to the point where Philip also worked for them . So them faking Larrys death would work . Plus Larry managed to infiltrate the ISA and Stefano's crime ring and even impersonated a dead ISA agent and Stefano himself . Plus his bio father was some Soviet Russian scientist who manufactured deadly weapons for soviet affiliated countries. 

The ISA would fake his death and use him as an asset. 

They can take this further and reveal that Shane ended up in that south american prison in 2010 after his asset ,Larry backstabbed him and left him for dead. Shane would explain to Hope ,John and Victor that he knew larry was alive all along and the ISA used him as an undercover operative with Larry answering to shane. 

Larry would then backstab shane and the ISA and leave shane for dead while he goes to the USA and tracks down Linda Anderson , Julie and Maggie's rival and Melisaa Horton's bio mum. Why would larry track her down ?

Remember when alex marshall and Linda burned down Anderson Manufacturing in order to collect insurance ? Larry ,while being the DA ,found out about it and blackmailed them and he was then arreasted and forced to take the fall for Victor ,Steve and Savannah 's crime syndicate.  So Linda got off the hook and left salem after inheriting Bob Anderson's personal  money and the insurance money. Money which Larry hopes to use to carry out his final revenge against his enemies otherwise he will turn Linda in to the Salem PD for the arson on the Anderson manufacturing factory years ago. 

Larry could have convinced Linda to exact vengeance on Maggie ,who was married to Victor . Afterall Maggie and Mickey fought Linda and got custody of Melisa. 

They should have cast Morgan Fairchild as Linda instead of Anjelica Devereaux . Linda and Larry could have returned to salem to wage war against Victor and Maggie and Hope instead of witnessing that vapid and empty Deimos revenge tour debacle . 

On 7/30/2020 at 1:38 AM, Rafael said:

Whatever happened to Will's godmother and Sami's BFF , Jamie Caldwell ? 

Mariam Parrish is the actress. Jamie moved away, she did return for one of Sami's weddings back in the day, I forget which one. 

Now of course the real drama was that at 16/17 she became involved with Robert Keller Kelly (2nd Bo). Which prompted Allison Sweeney's parents to remove her from the show until Robert was sent packing. Also prompted by complaints from both Kristen Alfonso and Lisa Rinna for his "inappropriate behavior" towards women on the set. Robert was then fired.

Mariam and he eventually married. I believe they are now divorced within the last 5-7 years. 

I have been begging for TPTB to bring Jamie back. She and Lucas had decent chemistry and she also was close to Kate after Kate and Billie uncovered her molestation. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

See? Her I wouldn't mind the show bringing back she had a thing for Lucas and maybe her and Lucas could get together.  

Plus she is Wills godmother   . Wonder if she knows about her godsons sexual orientation and so on. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Mariam Parrish is the actress. Jamie moved away, she did return for one of Sami's weddings back in the day, I forget which one. 

Now of course the real drama was that at 16/17 she became involved with Robert Keller Kelly (2nd Bo). Which prompted Allison Sweeney's parents to remove her from the show until Robert was sent packing. Also prompted by complaints from both Kristen Alfonso and Lisa Rinna for his "inappropriate behavior" towards women on the set. Robert was then fired.

Mariam and he eventually married. I believe they are now divorced within the last 5-7 years. 

I have been begging for TPTB to bring Jamie back. She and Lucas had decent chemistry and she also was close to Kate after Kate and Billie uncovered her molestation. 

I also wanted to add that he was the reason that Crystal Chappell who played Carly left the show. He harassed her on set as well. She claimed that they would rehearse a love scene a certain way with the director and as they were taping the scenes, he would touch her inappropriately. Like alot of women who have had to deal with sexual harassment, she chose to stay quiet, not wanting to rock the boat and not being believed.. Her husband Michael Sabatino  who played Lawrence did have a confrontation with the pervert and that led to both Crystal and Michael to leave the show.. It is why  Carly and Lawrence reunited so quickly without dealing with their past issues. 

Crystal said that she was so heartbroken when Peter left the role of Bo because they had an amazing friendship and he was always a perfect gentleman when they had to have love scenes that were very racy. She also said had he never left the role of Bo, she never would have left the show..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I also wanted to add that he was the reason that Crystal Chappell who played Carly left the show. He harassed her on set as well. She claimed that they would rehearse a love scene a certain way with the director and as they were taping the scenes, he would touch her inappropriately. Like alot of women who have had to deal with sexual harassment, she chose to stay quiet, not wanting to rock the boat and not being believed.. Her husband Michael Sabatino  who played Lawrence did have a confrontation with the pervert and that led to both Crystal and Michael to leave the show.. It is why  Carly and Lawrence reunited so quickly without dealing with their past issues. 

Crystal said that she was so heartbroken when Peter left the role of Bo because they had an amazing friendship and he was always a perfect gentleman when they had to have love scenes that were very racy. She also said had he never left the role of Bo, she never would have left the show..

Wow, I had no idea . If crystal never left the show ,I have no doubt that Carly coupd have ended up with Mike Horton. 

• Love 1

I'm in a rabbit hole kind of mood and just watched a scene from the 90s with Sami and John. She's just returned from Colorado and he stops by to bring her welcome home flowers. Like others I wish that the trauma of John no longer being Roman had fueled years worth of stories (same with Carrie and Eric) but I really wish they'd kept John in the good spirits he was in when reminiscing with Sami about yelling at the kids to do their homework. Even if we remove Drake's Smell The Fart Acting he was just better at the more fun and generally upbeat stories and character moments than the dramatic stuff.

• Love 3
On 7/27/2020 at 2:56 AM, Rafael said:

I find it funny that Marlena is Nicole's mother in law and yet the same Nicole tried to have Marlena killed during the Salem Stalker saga .

Infact ,Nicole tried to pin Victor's murder on marlena by suggesting to Brady that the salem stalker murder spree began with Victor and not with Abe. Brady told John and Bo Nicoles suspicions and  Bo decided to include Victor in the list of Salem Stalker victims.

This was when Nicole and Jan electrocuted Victor when he was bathing . 

Anyway after Marlena was arrested for the "salem stalker murders " , Nicole was scared that Marlena would reveal that she had nothing to do with Victor's death and the Salem PD will focus on Nicole as the primary suspect for Victor's death again.

So Nicole arranged to have Marlena killed in jail because she was no doubt going to prove she didnt kill victor and he wasnt part of the salem stalker killings . ⁴

She enlisted her old pal from her porn days ,Crystal Galore -who was a pornstar alongside Nicole.  

Crystal was in jail and she happened to be in the same jail where Marlena was going to be transferred to .

I think Crystal set Marlena up to be shot dead by the salem pd sniper (whom we later learned from Colin Murphy on Melaswen was on the DiMera payroll and merely tranquilised Marlena ) . Boy ,it was hella convulated . 

Anyway nicole got crystal out of jail and crystal began to enjoy extorting money out of Nicole and Jan Spears (both of whom were loaded with money as a result of victors death and jan's inheritance ) and they both decided to get rid of her and set crytal up to look like she beat up Nicole so she could be back in jail but Jan helped crystal to escape from Salem and Salem PD and we never saw her again. 

Still think that instead of getting that stupid Scooter /Hillary Porn angle during" Brady and Nicole on the run with Holly debacle " ,it would have been simpler for Nicole to reach out to Crystal,her former fellow porn colleague  to help her hide from Chloe and the Salem PD .

Perhaps Nicole and Crystal would have made amends when Nicole left salem in 2006 . 

Wait, what, is this true? or fanfic?!

On 8/1/2020 at 1:21 AM, Rafael said:

Wow, I had no idea . If crystal never left the show ,I have no doubt that Carly coupd have ended up with Mike Horton. 

Based on what? At that point Mike was De-Sorased and was stuck in the shadows until they threw him in Austin/Carrie's orbit. Then when he was paired w/ Carrie and they rode off into the sunset together(literally) we pretty much never saw him again(until his brief appearance finding out about Alice's death). This show barely cared about Mike when he was here I doubt a pairing with Carly would've changed things.

That being said I don't entirely buy this especially since KA returned shortly after she left anyways. While I think a Carly/Bo/Hope triangle could've driven Days for years not sure if the show would care about Carly as much if Hope returned. Plus she would've missed out on playing Olivia Spencer on GL where she was on the frontburner for pretty much her entire run or it seemed like it. I think she would've left if she wasn't going to have a major story at that point being paired w/ Bo guaranteed major story. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Based on what? At that point Mike was De-Sorased and was stuck in the shadows until they threw him in Austin/Carrie's orbit. Then when he was paired w/ Carrie and they rode off into the sunset together(literally) we pretty much never saw him again(until his brief appearance finding out about Alice's death). This show barely cared about Mike when he was here I doubt a pairing with Carly would've changed things.

That being said I don't entirely buy this especially since KA returned shortly after she left anyways. While I think a Carly/Bo/Hope triangle could've driven Days for years not sure if the show would care about Carly as much if Hope returned. Plus she would've missed out on playing Olivia Spencer on GL where she was on the frontburner for pretty much her entire run or it seemed like it. I think she would've left if she wasn't going to have a major story at that point being paired w/ Bo guaranteed major story. 

If Peter never left the role of Bo and Crystal had stayed, then, I think a Carly/Bo/Hope would have been awesome since Hope's ghost was such a part of the courtship of Bo and Carly.. It explained why Bo was always trying to save Carly in a way he could not save Hope when she was "killed". Not to mention that Carly had a bond with Shawn-Douglas and then add Nicholas Vivian and Lawrence into the mix with an amnesiac Hope back from the dead.. I would have preferred that Stefano did not have Hope all those years and in fact Hope was with Ernersto's son as his captive. Perhaps she even fell for him in her amnesiac state..  We would have been spared that Princess Gina crap..  The show absolutely adored Carly and she was in every story and beloved by the whole town. In hindsight, I could see why her haters hated her cause she was everywhere..

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

I'm in a rabbit hole kind of mood and just watched a scene from the 90s with Sami and John. She's just returned from Colorado and he stops by to bring her welcome home flowers. Like others I wish that the trauma of John no longer being Roman had fueled years worth of stories (same with Carrie and Eric) but I really wish they'd kept John in the good spirits he was in when reminiscing with Sami about yelling at the kids to do their homework. Even if we remove Drake's Smell The Fart Acting he was just better at the more fun and generally upbeat stories and character moments than the dramatic stuff.

The show showed Carrie going through hell with John not being Roman. We should have seen some of that with Eric and Sami  who as kids had bonded with John as Roman for five years without Roman and Marlena.  John should have sued them for custody, he was the only parent they had ever known.. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The show showed Carrie going through hell with John not being Roman. We should have seen some of that with Eric and Sami  who as kids had bonded with John as Roman for five years without Roman and Marlena.  John should have sued them for custody, he was the only parent they had ever known.. 

I can't quite work it out in my head but I think a decent writer could have written many of the stories we saw and kept the lingering trauma about John bubbling just under the surface. Especially since Roman turned into a nothing character once John was the leading man.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I can't quite work it out in my head but I think a decent writer could have written many of the stories we saw and kept the lingering trauma about John bubbling just under the surface. Especially since Roman turned into a nothing character once John was the leading man.

It is why Wayne Northrup left the role of Roman because he said with John present, Roman became obsolete and redundant. Plus, he must have read the tea leaves and realized that John was going to win Marlena's heart in the end.  Had he stayed, the triangle between Roman/Marlena/John could have continued for years with lots of twists and turns.. I wish that John had remained Roman afterall.. If Wayne did not want to stay then they could have said that Wayne's Roman was a fraud created by Stefano to further hurt the Brady family and the real Roman was John..

• Love 5

They could have tried Drake playing both roles as well. Then he could have continued on as Roman as he had been with all the Drama! of John. I’d also change it so that Roman was Roman the whole time and Stefano only switches him with John right when Marlena returns. Being exposed to the Brady family breaks his programming ::eye roll:: and he reveals the ruse, joins the search for Roman, and then learns to live life as John rather than the Pawn. 

• Love 3

I was watching DOOL from my playpen in the 70's and continued watching it through the great 80's and in through the 90's.  My memory is long when it comes to some of the "Grand" Days moments, but recently I've been re watching some classic DOOL clips and I'm amazed at some moments i missed.

I'm watching the Cartel storyline from 1985;  you have Bo being haunted by memories of what he did to Steve in the Merchant Marines,  Abe's brother Theodore avenging Danny Grant's murder (though the actor portraying Theo comes across way to comedic to be the bad ass cop he was supposed to be)  Hope partnering with Norma as Rookies and becoming friends, and Marlena dating Chief Cates who loved wearing shirts open down to his bellybutton and gold chains that matched his hair. lol   

Oh it's so goood.... BUT does anyone remember Hope being hidden in the monastery with Brother Martin?   Kristian and the actor had great chemistry,  it was surprising how that story just seemed to drop, because it seemed like they were leading to something, as he was conflicted with his growing feelings for her and even kissed her.    

Also Steve, boy he was a real slime ball (to put it mildly)  when he came on the scene.   Some of those scenes he did with Hope are difficult to watch. 

Days of our lives.jpg

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

If Peter never left the role of Bo and Crystal had stayed, then, I think a Carly/Bo/Hope would have been awesome since Hope's ghost was such a part of the courtship of Bo and Carly.. It explained why Bo was always trying to save Carly in a way he could not save Hope when she was "killed". Not to mention that Carly had a bond with Shawn-Douglas and then add Nicholas Vivian and Lawrence into the mix with an amnesiac Hope back from the dead.. I would have preferred that Stefano did not have Hope all those years and in fact Hope was with Ernersto's son as his captive. Perhaps she even fell for him in her amnesiac state..  We would have been spared that Princess Gina crap..  The show absolutely adored Carly and she was in every story and beloved by the whole town. In hindsight, I could see why her haters hated her cause she was everywhere..

All this would've been interesting compared to what we got but when JER came on I don't think he cared about Carly as much although I do agree she seemed to get preferential treatment.. I think this led to a Deidre Hall/Crystal Chappell feud at one point. I found it funny she returned right after Jarlena were written off the show.

• Love 2
On 7/31/2020 at 10:56 PM, Pearson80 said:

I also wanted to add that he was the reason that Crystal Chappell who played Carly left the show.

I know she had issues with RKK but I thought the reason she left was because she asked the writers if they had a plan for a story for her.  When they didn't, she left.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I know she had issues with RKK but I thought the reason she left was because she asked the writers if they had a plan for a story for her.  When they didn't, she left.

He was the reason that she left because he was a pig.  Don't forget her husband had issues with the powers that be..

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

All this would've been interesting compared to what we got but when JER came on I don't think he cared about Carly as much although I do agree she seemed to get preferential treatment.. I think this led to a Deidre Hall/Crystal Chappell feud at one point. I found it funny she returned right after Jarlena were written off the show.

He loved Carly and wrote the buried alive story. Deidre and Crystal did clash because the show was always about Carly.  After Marlena died other heroines like Kim, Kayla, Hope, Melissa, Diana, Adrienne, Isabella, Jennifer all had a chance to drive their own stories.. When Deidre/Marlena was there, other heroines got focus too but with Carly, everything was all about Carly and Crystal by extension. We never really got a break from her..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3

I don't know if JER actually liked Carly/Crystal Chappell than he found the character useful as a conduit for Vivian to perform her outrageous acts. Because it felt like to me way back when that the moment Billie hit the screen - JER's creation - that Carly was fast being shoved aside for Billie and the whole aftermath of Carly buried alive was rushed to push CC and MS out and make Billie the new Queen Bee, so to speak.

Part of the reason I never liked Billie. No matter who played her. Because while Carly was a sort of Mary Sue, she did earn her popularity, IMO. JER just elevated Billie to the detriment of Carly, Carly/Bo, Hope, Bo, Bo/Hope's history, and JER's seeming insecurity of said history.

Still will never forget his strange quote of how Bo could never return to Hope because he took wedding vows to Billie in front of God or some BS. What does he think other weddings did? Whatever. But then, JER struck me as...peculiar.

• Love 6
On 8/5/2020 at 5:44 AM, bannana said:

Wait, what, is this true? or fanfic?!

Its true. It happened back in 2004 . The same year where all the Melaswen debacle took place. Nicole did try to get her former porn colleague to kill Marlena because Marlena was going to prove that she didnt kill Victor and so Nicole was going to be restored as the top suspect in Victor's murder. Nicole wanted to pin Victor's death on Marlena and attribute his death to Marlena's salem stalker killing spree. 

Anyways ,Crystal Galore was played by Sarah Buxton ,who played Morgan on B&B and Annie on Sunset Beach. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Useful 1