Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Previews and Speculation

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Guys, before we get to who would vote for who, how about we got back to that "never seen before on Survivor" thingie? My thinking is that the only two people who got votes play their idols. Any other suggestions for what this first could be?   

New thought: Has anyone ever been voted out by a single vote after an idol play before? That would be a case where EVERYONE in the tribe voted for one person -- except that person, who plays an idol, meaning his/her vote is the only one that matters. That would also be an interesting Survivor first.

That's an interesting idea. How about all but one person votes Kelley or Jeremy, and they both play their idols. With Keith's penchant for being out of the loop half the time, it would be hilarious if his one random vote determined the outcome.

On a different note, it's often said that final tribal performances have little impact on the jury vote. But I wonder if that changes if Jeremy and Spencer are in the final three. I love nerds, but many people don't. And one thing common in nerds is their disdane for those they deem less intelligent, and how little they try to hide it.

I loved Cochran. He had the typical intellectual arrogance, but I thought he had learned to not take himself so seriously, and he seemed to earn a little respect from the uber macho dudes. Plus, he was sitting next to Dawn.

Spencer is likable, IMO, but he's intense and a bit uptight. I can see people thinking Jeremy and Spencer as deserving the win, but being won over by Jeremy's warmer, smiley personality. They haven't shown a bunch of scenes with Jeremy bonding with those outside his core, but we heard him calling Kelley "Kels", which implies a comfort level of sorts. I can see Jeremy giving a heartfelt performance that's going to bring tears to some of their eyes, followed by Spencer giving a more detached analytical performance.

Whether it's fair for that to make a difference is another conversation. I'm personally much like Spencer in personality, but drawn to people like Jeremy to balance out my intensity.

• Love 2

That she's the original runner up who lost the game by one vote. The person that people would most likely think about when watching a season called survivor second chances.  The producers went hunting for her in Mexico. They had to feel that she was important to this season.

I don't think she's as 'off the grid' as others do.  She maintains a web site with email contact info and is running a business and raising a kid.  It's hard to do that 100% off the grid, especially in a politically unstable country and when you have close family in the states.  Though I wouldn't put it past CBS to send someone to Mexico to cajole her into playing again.  I imagine the show's recruiters fly all over.  

http://www.kellywiglesworth.com/contact.html

I'm curious why you don't include Stephen as a lock for Jeremy.

I literally just forgot about him tbh. I don't know how! I definitely think Stephen is a lock for Jeremy, but I also agree with KimberStormer's post.

Everyone seems to be assuming Jeremy will be at FTC with Spencer. I could see Spencer, Kimmi and Tasha (or whoever else is left) recognizing the threat he is and voting him out. I suspect Jeremy will need to win the final immunity challenge to make the final 3

Yea, I am still holding onto hope that Spencer will try to Jeremy out before FTC. I just can't believe that he wouldn't. Tasha I doubt will go after him though. She's proven to value showing loyalty over doing what's best for her, but I believe Spencer, Kelley, Kimmi, and Keith will all try to take Jeremy out.

They haven't shown a bunch of scenes with Jeremy bonding with those outside his core ...

Maybe because he hasn't tried to bond with anyone outside his core. I can't imagine him being that dumb, but it would help explain why it appears that the players don't see him as as big a threat as the audience does.

Guys, before we get to who would vote for who, how about we got back to that "never seen before on Survivor" thingie? My thinking is that the only two people who got votes play their idols. Any other suggestions for what this first could be?   

There is some discussion about that upthread. Some suggested it could be a tie at FTC

but based on the ep description it doesn't sound like that. After reading the description I'm pretty sure it's going to be all the votes being nullified by a double idol play.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I literally just forgot about him tbh. I don't know how! I definitely think Stephen is a lock for Jeremy, but I also agree with KimberStormer's post.

Yea, I am still holding onto hope that Spencer will try to Jeremy out before FTC. I just can't believe that he wouldn't. Tasha I doubt will go after him though. She's proven to value showing loyalty over doing what's best for her, but I believe Spencer, Kelley, Kimmi, and Keith will all try to take Jeremy out.

Maybe because he hasn't tried to bond with anyone outside his core. I can't imagine him being that dumb, but it would help explain why it appears that the players don't see him as as big a threat as the audience does.

There is some discussion about that upthread. Some suggested it could be a tie at FTC

but based on the ep description it doesn't sound like that. After reading the description I'm pretty sure it's going to be all the votes being nullified by a double idol play.

I'm not thinking of a tie at FTC, I'm thinking both the people you voted for are immune! because they boh played idols! 

They haven't shown a bunch of scenes with Jeremy bonding with those outside his core, but we heard him calling Kelley "Kels", which implies a comfort level of sorts.

To be fair, the evictees seem to indicate he did bond. Ciera talks about her and Jeremy having a working relationship, Stephen said that Jeremy was  close to Abi and Kelley.  I tend to think that there really wasn't time to show this.

It has to be the cancels out all votes thing at tribal. Now the big question is if Jeremy uses it on himself meaning that the whole I'd do the same for you scene was a red herring or on Spencer after he wins immunity.

Edited by Oscirus

Not like he would have gotten airtime anyway.  At least they aren't going the Caramoan route and taking it out on all the pre-jurors.

I find it hysterical, in a way.  Voted off first thinking he was going to run the show, edited as a creepy yoga guy with ugly underwear, throws a tantrum and goes home-not thinking they mean it when they say he won't be allowed at the reunion and forfeits everything else.  Then, he gets called out on twitter for leaking the spoilers and being on SM while filming was going on, and that must be the real reason TPTB are pissed (not to mention he said he wished he hadn't gone back.  I'm sure that didn't help).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I had the over/under for how long the finale would take from the Reunion at ten minutes. The finale went into commercial at the nine-minute mark, and the Reunion commenced in eleven. And six people got ignored by Probst (seven if you count Vytas), which was below the over/under I set at 10.5. I totally would've taken the over.

• Love 1

Congratulations to everyone who guessed "all votes at TC nullified by HIIs" as the "First time in 31 seasons" event.

But I'm not sure why TPTB find this something to brag about.  

The bottom line is that TPTB allowed their hard-on for HIIs to lead them to put multiple HIIs in play at one time, which resulted (as it was bound to, eventually) in Paschal 2.0.  

So, if last night was okay, why keep the fire-making challenge as the F4 tie-breaker?

• Love 1