Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 32 (2015-2016)

Athena
  • Start Topic

On 8/14/2016 at 7:24 PM, ClareWalks said:

I generally like both Alex and Matt, but I think Alex has a tic that is farrrrrr more irritating than anything Matt ever did. It's whenever Alex gets a DD, then takes until the last possible nanosecond to blurt out the answer after putting on exaggerated "oh gee, I dunno" faces. HE KNOWS, DAMMIT. He's just stalling to a ridiculous degree for, what, dramatic effect? He gets away with taking far more time than should actually be allowed. 

This aggravates me to no end. I think Alex is an unsub with a serious personality disorder often found on "Criminal Minds". I even think his fake "crying/appreciation" was more of an "I can't believe I pulled this off." Matt embraces his weirdness, Alex embraces "I'm trying to behave normally." Alex may be a perfectly lovely person, but the milking the clock showed his true personality imho. I mean no offense to Alex, but I never sensed any joy.

• Love 2

I remember Nikki from watching this the first time.  She was very intense.  But all three of them were very likeable, and seemed happy to be on jeopardy.  It was a nice change from super-bored Alex from the TOC.      

• Love 2

I thought that kid, Sam, looked familiar in not a good way.  When he started worshipping at the altar of Kanye, I had to change the channel.

Sign me up to watch the SNL skits, too.

Edited by CarpeDiem54
Because I can't spell.
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I thought that kid, Sam, looked familiar in not a good way.  When he started worshipping at the altar of Kanye, I had to change the channel.

Sign me up to watch the SNL skits, too.

Before he said that, I just had a vague feeling that for some reason I didn't care for him. Then I was "now I remember!"

• Love 2

Yeah, I don't understand why someone on the Jeopardy! crew doesn't tell contestants when they are doing something extremely bizarre.  "Yo, Sam!  Whatever it is you're doing, stop it since you look like you're going for the gold in jacking off."

WTH was up with Nikki in DJ?  She stood there in an almost catatonic state (of course, she may have been distracted by Sam's masturbating) for almost the entire round and then suddenly woke up and did a perfect Barking Rodent Matt Jackson impersonation complete with rudely cutting Alex off.

None of these kids give me the warm fuzzies but I particularly dislike Kanye, Jr.

• Love 6

Yeah, that Obama wild ass guess made me laugh.  Apparently that kid has no clue how old Obama is or thinks you can be elected to the Senate when you're 12.

Next week it looks like we're being subjected to week two of the Teachers Tournament.  Since they realize the tournament replays are lame (ToC is okay;  College, Teachers and Kids suck) why don't they just replay regular games?

I usually rewatch because I don't remember anything about them but as soon as the sitar clue came up I willed Alex to not make the comment about Bill beating Kaberi to the answer, alas my will can not time travel.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10

I just looked at the J! website and they are rerunning the Power Players this week.

Who thought this was a good idea, Jeopardy producers?  I understand you need to show reruns, but just fill the week with reruns of your regular shows, not the misguided Power Players week (which is one of the worst ideas J! ever had.)

Tomorrow (Tues) will be a rerun of one of the worst Jeopardy shows in recent memory.

• Love 3
On 9/8/2016 at 10:48 AM, ABay said:

Maybe someone could remind Trebek we're not in the 1970s anymore.

Speaking of, I was watching him host Double Dare (1976) on BUZZR, and he "Boo, Hiss"-ed when something went wrong for  a contestant.

• Love 1