Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Racing To The Truth

• Start Topic

I thought there was a pretty large population of evangelicals in/around the OC? Or maybe not evangelicals, but plenty of those mega churches?

There's a few including Saddleback, but I don't think they are all over OC.  I went to one of them for Good Friday services because it was close to where I work, but it was so impersonal and showy, I won't be doing that again; I'll stick to my mcuh smaller church where the pastor actually knows my name.

Hey, anyone notice Vicks is wearing various super-huge, humongous earrings in this ep?  Is this her thing now?  Her hair looks really good lately

Her hair does look a lot better than in past seasons.  Why did it take so long?

• Love 1
I also get the impression he's the 'fun one' around the kids while she has to be the parent.

Maybe she's always the judge, jury, and jailer.

as hard as that is to her because she remembers what it used to be like and wants desperately for it to be like that again,

...or was it?  Ever?

What made Bravo think that focusing on 2 people with cancer (at least one of which was terminal) was the way to go this season?

I'll never be convinced that one of them had-had-had-has cancer.    I'd like Vicki to describe the locations of the "chemo" treatments and what they consisted of.  I'm skeptical of everything surrounding Brooks.  Everything.

• Love 2

Vickie is overreacting to all this Meghan crap

I disagree. How do you repeat what a psychic says as some sort of proof of anything?  Vickie did play it wrong though; she should take a page from the book of Lisa VP and not engage. "I just want to talk to you" "there's nothing to talk about dear" and if Meghan keeps trying to engage walk away. The bread and butter for a new housewife is camera time and being able to "take on" the OG. If Vickie ignores Meghan, she's left to pick on the pathetic Shannon.

I just started watching again and I have to say I forgot how much I hated these ladies until tonight.

I don't know any Christians that get naked wasted but I know a lot of homophobic,sexist, child-molesting, racist ones so Vickie and Tamara just make me chuckle.

All righty I'll chime in. Tamara paid the deposit for HER sons house so HER grandchild would be near her. Why does this involve Eddie? He's the third husband not the father or grandfather. He works at a gym his wife owns and he takes money from a tv show is wife is on. He has NO SAY in how she spends HER money on HER children. I would crawl over broken glass to have my son be happy, healthy, and alive. I would crawl over even more glass to have a grandchild I could love and help take care of. I don't like Ryan either but he's not my kid. It's her choice. No one would raise an eyebrow if Jim Edmonds (ugh) paid for his kids and Megan objected. She's just the third wife like Eddie is the third husband. You don't get to come between parent and child. Not your place. Not your money.

And because it can't be said enough--Shut the fuck up Megan!! You may be 30 but you act like a 19 year old with your stupid snarky remarks and your "age shaming". I don't hate her because she's 30 I hate her because she's an ignorant little thing that thinks she's special. And Megan? Pink is for BREAST CANCER! Maybe you could have noticed that before you dyed you dam stupid hair the WRONG COLOR!!! What an idiot.

Shannon needs to get a clue. Spilling every dam detail of your husbands affair on tv? Really? Your poor kids are going to be mortified if they aren't already. I'll never forget Shannon swigging vodka straight from the bottle so she could make whoppee with her hubby. Yeah that would make me not stray--someone who had to be half in the bag to sleep with me. Then to have to live with someone who bitches about every little thing? NO ONE could make her happy. She has buckets of money--move on Shannon! He doesn't want you and frankly, I don't blame him. Your a sad, sad alcoholic nut bag. Run David, run.

• Love 9

I disagree. How do you repeat what a psychic says as some sort of proof of anything?  Vickie did play it wrong though; she should take a page from the book of Lisa VP and not engage. "I just want to talk to you" "there's nothing to talk about dear" and if Meghan keeps trying to engage walk away. The bread and butter for a new housewife is camera time and being able to "take on" the OG. If Vickie ignores Meghan, she's left to pick on the pathetic Shannon.

If you are the kind of person who brings your friends in for support while you have a Medium come over to the house to tell you about your dead mother, and believes this quack when they tell you said mother has fixed her teeth, then you have zero reason to judge anyone else who believes what a Psychic might say. But then, being a hypocrite has always been Vicki's claim to fame. 

• Love 8

I thought she said David told her that bit of extremely hurtful information.  I don't care if it was during a fight or a grilling session or therapy - a decent man would have taken that information to his grave as well as a hundred other little details I'm sure he shared for whatever reason.  To me, the only thing worse than hurting your spouse like that "in the name of honesty" is doing it in the first place.  Shannon is not only his wife, she is the mother of his kids.   If he wanted to be with someone else then he should have left her and been with that person. 

I agree that the information was very hurtful. The thing is, we have no idea how he came to share that information. I wouldn't want to know, but I also wouldn't want to know the list of restaurants. We saw her on the show become upset because she found out there was one that he left off and she wanted him to amend his list to include anywhere they might have been. It's also possible that Shannon might have asked him about that night in particular. As I mentioned in an earlier post, she has said that she thought something was going on but he kept denying it. The fact that he went out on her birthday (when it has been established that he goes to bed very early and rarely goes out in the evening) might have made her question him. I can see Shannon keeping a list somewhere of all the things he was doing that disturbed her. 

The only thing we know for sure is that Shannon is the one who brought it to our attention. She is the one who put it on TV, so it could hurt just a little bit more. She is the one who made it possible for her kids to learn this information, for their teachers and coaches to know this information, for other kids to know this information. He was wrong to do it, wrong to talk about it, but IMO she was so wrong to tell it to the world. For fuck sake pull yourself together and think about your kids for just 5 minutes. You made the decision to stay, so find a way to make it work without hurting your kids more in the process. 

• Love 12

I find it odd that none of these women save for Shannon and Vicki can acknowledge the mere existence of alternative medicine. Not believing in it's efficacy is fine, but it's use doesn't disqualify one from having a disease. Suzanne Somers eschewed chemo in favor of alternative treatments and lived. Eileen Davidson's sister did the same thing and died. Both had cancer. I personally know an HIV+ woman who refuses to use traditional drugs unless she absolutely has to, and while the idea of treating HIV with hot yoga and and an herbal regimen scares the shit out of me, it's not my business and certainly doesn't cause me to believe she's faking an illness.

If any of them were actually concerned about Brooks, which they are not, all that is really appropriate to say is "I am worried about you because from what I've gathered people who go the alternative medicine route have a much higher mortality rate." He can listen or not but then they have to let it go.

Yes, I know it's a tv show...but this cancer plot is in really poor taste, IMO.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 9

Does Rapey eyed Ryan even have a job? He sure seemed ungrateful having just been told by his mother that she was pitching in $7,000 for his new digs. Spoiled brat.

This bothered me! No job, lazy as f*ck and his girlfriend isn't even supporting her own three kids. Yet when Mommy tells him she paid SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for first months' rent and deposit he can barely choke out a thank you and mumbles a remark about how its his welcome back present. Way to be ungrateful!! He is so entitled I can't stand it. He's qualified to do what? make hamburgers at Mcdonalds for minimum wage? It would take him half a year to make 7 grand yet mommy just hands it over like she's giving him a twenty and he could care less.

Shannon, David is so DONE. Your marriage is over. Sorry sweetie, its time to stop hurting your beautiful girls, pack your bags and leave. In this case, divorce is what is best for the children. They can spend time with each of you separately and they will actually be able to enjoy that time. But the two of you together, that is toxic for your girls.  IMO David may still be having an affair and it just went underground. He's still protecting his mistress (Shannon hasn't outted her and I'm sure that is NOT because Shannon doesn't want to hurt the other woman) for some reason and that birthday dinner was just the icing on the cake. such a contrast to the romantic valentine's dinner (where once again we were reminded that David did NOTHING for the previous Valentine's day for Shannon because he was with his girlfriend). That dinner was at Shannon's type of restaurant and he gave her this extravagant, expensive dragon bracelet. Me thinks David's mistress saw this and got upset with him so he's appeasing his mistress by giving Shannon this big FU on tv, Telling her he's going to plan a wonderful birthday for her and then dragging her to a nosy sports bar (seems like the one place Shannon would hate more than anything especially if its being filmed (and the mistress can see it) and exceedingly cruel after him promising her he was going to "make it up to her". SO I think this was basically public humiliation for Shannon to please his girlfriend. He and the girlfriend can watch this and laugh their asses off (because we know they are cold heartless people) on how uncomfortable Shannon was and how miserable she was. Seem like one big joke on Shannon. If David was sincerely working on his marriage he would have never in a million years chose a place like that. He KNOWS Shannon. Knows her likes and dislikes. He even made rude comments about she should hurry up and get a drink or that her drinking makes it all better or something along those lines. He was mocking her. Not the typical thing a remorseful husband does. I think he's  getting cocky again and the reason is he's rekindled the affair and wants to stick it to Shannon.

Shannon could have handled it MUCH better IMO. Her kids were there. Way to make them miserable. I can see them siding with David and hating their mother in the future.

• Love 8

Lmao! Loved Vickie's comeback, how dare that loser,"hi I'm Jim Edmonds, that's Jim Edmonds," get involved with housewife affairs, he is such a loser! Hate when the men jump in, especially since Meghan tends to exaggerate!

• Love 3

Shannon being upset boils down to David not having a CLUE what she likes and what makes her happy.  You would think after what 15 years of marriage, he might have an inkling what she likes.  But as we saw... David is clueless.

• Love 7

Shannon being upset boils down to David not having a CLUE what she likes and what makes her happy.  You would think after what 15 years of marriage, he might have an inkling what she likes.  But as we saw... David is clueless.

This really reminds me of her being so upset last season because David had never planned a vacation for the two of them before. Shannon seems to have a very difficult time expressing her expectations. It's like she expects David to read her mind about what she actually wants and then she is disappointed when he isn't able to. It doesn't help that he is also completely checked out. I suspect he was checked out long before the affair. I think it was really a matter of them immediately having children after getting married. They never really got the chance to get to know each other well enough to know what makes the other happy. So they have just been drifting along with Shannon having these expectations that aren't being met and David looking for happiness outside of the marriage in order to deal with constantly disappointing his wife. 

• Love 10

I sound like a broken record, I know...but Shannon cannot and will not let David go, as she knows his life would improve, he would be happier, etc...and that is what she is determined to prevent. He must suffer and pay forever, no matter who else gets hurt.

• Love 5

This really reminds me of her being so upset last season because David had never planned a vacation for the two of them before. Shannon seems to have a very difficult time expressing her expectations. It's like she expects David to read her mind about what she actually wants and then she is disappointed when he isn't able to. It doesn't help that he is also completely checked out. I suspect he was checked out long before the affair. I think it was really a matter of them immediately having children after getting married. They never really got the chance to get to know each other well enough to know what makes the other happy. So they have just been drifting along with Shannon having these expectations that aren't being met and David looking for happiness outside of the marriage in order to deal with constantly disappointing his wife. 

Or it could be that Shannon's expectations are simply not attainable.  

I remember being shocked last year when she said they had never been away together in 14 years of marriage. These are two people who are rich beyond belief, but they had never taken a vacation because David had never planned one. My husband and I would do very little if it were left up to him to plan things. He loves to go and do things, but isn't much of a planner. I plan vacations, dinners with friends, parties, etc. Shannon has no job, and as far as I can tell, has never worked outside of the home, despite getting married in her mid-30's. I know she works hard as a SAHM, but she has live-in help and could surely skip one of the weekly visits with her quack doctor if doing so got in the way of taking time to plan a vacation. I think it just goes to what I have always said about Shannon. She is use to being taken care of by someone. I am assuming her parents financially before she got married since she appears to not have ever worked, and then by David when she got married. She seems to be looking for someone else to understand and execute the things that will make her happy and if that doesn't occur, she is going to let everyone know she is not satisfied.  What a terrible role model for her children. 

• Love 9
If you are the kind of person who brings your friends in for support while you have a Medium come over to the house to tell you about your dead mother, and believes this quack when they tell you said mother has fixed her teeth, then you have zero reason to judge anyone else who believes what a Psychic might say. But then, being a hypocrite has always been Vicki's claim to fame.

Bingo!   But didn't Vicki bring in a "MEDIAN"?   Perhaps that's a higher level of psychic...Medium, Median, Large, Extra-Large.

• Love 9

I know that if I really want something. I have to sit my husband down and say... "I really want... "this""  It would be nice if you planned it, bought it for a gift ETC.

It's not romantic, but it works.

Shannon is testing David, to see how much he gives a shit.  And he is failing.

• Love 10

Re: Brooks and cancer. A childhood friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer several years ago. It crossed my mind that she was faking, as she spent her life doing whatever was necessary to be the center of attention, and there were several dubious " stories" in her past that I knew to be false. Because she had a high profile job, she received much attention, even a special article in the local paper about her "braveness". Every time I saw her , she looked great. No hair loss, and only missed two days of work in a year. Then she was cured! Then the cancer came back , this time in her bones. Anyway, long story short ( I know, too late for that). She died. Thankfully I never voiced my thoughts that she was faking. And , yes I feel terrible for thinking it.

So I will give Brooks the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 11

Shannon is a model wife.  She has planned SO MANY special events for David.  Remember his fabulous birthday bash?  Remember the many times she surprised him by planning getaways to the Hearst Castle, Aspen, Costa Rica?  When his company won a big contract, she rented Disneyland for a night for the employees and their families (because she's the Queen of Fun!).  Did she forget to remind us (and him) about all those other parties when she mentioned his dragon bracelet?

• Love 2

I'm kind of of two minds with this. Yes Vicki is a hypocrite, it is part of what makes her so good for reality television. But, I also see the difference between Vicki using a medium for comfort and Mehgan using a psychic as proof. Vicki knew that what the medium told her was solely to make her and her brother Billy feel better about their mom's passing. It gave her comfort to know that her mom was ok wherever she was and that she was still looking out for them. 

Mehgan just kind of took a vague statement by a psychic and used it as proof that Brookes was faking cancer on national television. That would be enough to piss anyone off, let alone a woman like Vicki who knows exactly how reality tv works and how damaging something like that could be. 

ETA: Regarding Shannon and David. My husband asks me what i would like to do for my birthday each year so that there is no chance of disappointing me. So, I don't fully understand the mindset of Shannon's not telling David what she wants from him, but then telling us the audience what she expected and how disappointed she is with what she got. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2

I laughed so hard at Vicki's ridiculous rhetorical question, "IS MY MOM DEAD!!??" lol. Even Meghan seemed perplexed. How are you supposed to answer that? Like "uhhh I was told she was, does the bald headed psychic say differently?"

• Love 6

I did enjoy this little convo at Nascar when discussing the psychic and Vicki.

Meghan: So, now I'm an asshole.

Shannon: Well, I was the first asshole.

Tamra: I've been an asshole my whole life.

Also, the girls didn't want to go out to the birthday dinner because they would miss a television show, not because Shannon isn't fun. Shannon even mentioned DVR.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 8

Who developed and wrote the plot?  Who benefits by getting back on a "reality" TV show?

I didn't mean someone literally wrote the plot, but I think even on the sector of the time scale the spectrum of reality television it is pretty gross to ensure screen time by questioning a person who might be dying. Even if everyone is in on it, it still seems very disrespectful. YMMV, of course.

I think they went to a sports bar because David took his girlfriend to all the fancy restaurants in town.

• Love 4

I sound like a broken record, I know...but Shannon cannot and will not let David go, as she knows his life would improve, he would be happier, etc...and that is what she is determined to prevent. He must suffer and pay forever, no matter who else gets hurt.

If he's checked out, he should have the balls to leave. No one can force him to stay.

• Love 2
I didn't mean someone literally wrote the plot, but I think even on the sector of the time scale the spectrum of reality television it is pretty gross to ensure screen time by questioning a person who might be dying. Even if everyone is in on it, it still seems very disrespectful. YMMV, of course.

It was tongue in cheek.  I meant that Brooks convinced (hypnotized?) Vicki that he had cancer and maybe...just maybe this might be a good story line for her on the show.  As far as Brooks is concerned, yes...disrespectful is the perfect word.  I am full of disrespect.   Brooks started the story and production prods the "stars" to ask the questions and keep that story going.

• Love 3

sound like a broken record, I know...but Shannon cannot and will not let David go, as she knows his life would improve, he would be happier, etc...and that is what she is determined to prevent. He must suffer and pay forever, no matter who else gets hurt.

David would be MUCH happier if he left Shannon, so I don't understand why he doesn't pack it up and leave. He certainly does not want to be with her.  But what Shannon doesn't realize is that SHE would be much happier without David. I don't think she will ever get over his many betrayals. and that's ok. But she needs to move on. When she's with friends (and has vodka) she seems happier. when she's around David she's absolutely miserable and that will never change. She has the money to leave him. She is definitely not staying for the kids' sake as they are clearly miserable seeing their parents fight and having all that tension in the house. Sp call it a day and leave your cheating hubby.  If you stay you are only giving him permission to do it again!

• Love 4

Speaking of vomit, did anyone else notice that Vicki somehow refrained from her usual gagging noises while she was out on the boat with Brooks.

She was probably preoccupied with how much it was costing her to celebrate her own birthday.  Brooks even drove them in her car to the "surprise."  All of the stretch limos in OC must have been booked that evening.

• Love 6

It was tongue in cheek.  I meant that Brooks convinced (hypnotized?) Vicki that he had cancer and maybe...just maybe this might be a good story line for her on the show.  As far as Brooks is concerned, yes...disrespectful is the perfect word.  I am full of disrespect.   Brooks started the story and production prods the "stars" to ask the questions and keep that story going.

i think it was more along the lines of Brooks convinced Vicki that he needed her to take him in. Weren't they off again when his diagnoses was initially made public? Then Vicki wanted to be supportive and they were on again? But, Vicki didn't want any of the Brooks stuff to be filmed, so I doubt Brooks convinced her it would be a good story line. I'm sure at that point prior to filming, Brooks was getting tired of all of the hate being aimed at him and would have gladly sat out filming while enjoying Vicki's home and money. 

• Love 1

Vicki is going to do her damnedest to squeeze her mother into every conversation. She will not let people forget. And really, your mom was not AT all of your birthdays, so stop acting like this year is so dramastically (Teen Mom) different. 

Amen X 100.  Vicki left Illinois several DECADES ago.  She probably got a phone call and a Hallmark card on her birthdays.  Stop making it sound like you and your mother were joined at the hip.

I'm still SMH at Ryan renting a $3500 house. Even if he COULD afford that payment why wouldn't you BUY a modest home for your family instead if pissing it away in rent? Uggggh

Did they say the house was in the OC ? Wonder if this is the address the popo were called to for Ryan's domestic violence allegation or if they've moved on already.....

I suspect it was a short term rental during OC filming, so they could live locally in the hopes Tamballs can secure them a spinoff......

Did Ryan refer to the $7,600 deposit as a "welcome home" gift or some such shit?  He was living in Northern California for all of two months.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 7
But what Shannon doesn't realize is that SHE would be much happier without David.

I doubt it, but I'm willing to wait and see.   I don't think she has the capacity to be happy...maybe drunk-happy, but that's it.   I want to see the story of her first marriage...if there was one.

when she's around David she's absolutely miserable and that will never change.

When she's around David, EVERYONE is miserable...including the viewers.   Save the Children! Get this duo off the show.

• Love 8

If Shannon divorces David, the mistress wins. Plus, David will have a shot at being happy, and there is no way she wants that after being cheated on. The thing is she doesn't realize that she is making her children suffer in order punish David and keep the mistress from winning. 

• Love 7

I don't know if Shannon would be happier if she left David but I sure as hell would be happier if she left David!

If I wanted to watch a bad marriage implode I'd go over to dinner at my cousin's house.

• Love 8
I don't think this type of christianity is necessarily an OC fad though.  A lot of God fearing Christians in this country give Christians a bad name.

That's for sure. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the OC was unique in having these all-for-show Christians. I was just speculating that maybe it's kind of trendy fad going on there right now, given all the talk we've heard this season from Vicki, Tams, and that other blonde chick. 

If Shannon divorces David, the mistress wins. Plus, David will have a shot at being happy, and there is no way she wants that after being cheated on. The thing is she doesn't realize that she is making her children suffer in order punish David and keep the mistress from winning.

Exactly. I agree that Shannon will never be truly happy, but damned if anyone else is going to be happy either. 

As for why David stays - perhaps she is using the kids to guilt him into staying.

• Love 2

I will have to wait to see how it plays out because it appears both that it took Vicki too long to come up with the comeback given Jim isn't in the vicinity and it came as a result of Jim not wanting to hear Vicki's bullshit.

• Love 1

While I sometimes enjoy Shannon--when she is doing her talking heads and when I've seen her on WWHL, I find her home and family soul-suckingly joyless.

From day 1--when we first met her--from her massive holiday decorating, to her sad dry food, her family seems to be very unhappy, and it tracks back to the energy between her and her husband.   Instead of spending all her time on acupuncture and woo woo medical treatments, she needs to get herself into therapy and figure out how to let go of some of the anger, the guilt, probably let go of David.  It may be an elaborate, expensively decorated home, but all that stuff has not made it a happy one.   

• Love 10

I just go with Old Girl - seems to fit.  I'm not age shaming Vicki.  She is the old girl from the OC, meaning the one who's been on the longest.

Re: Vicki's tagline...I can't tell if y'all are just making fun of it (which is hilarious!), but OG stands for Original Gangster. Cuz, Vicki is hip!

I noticed when Jim said his name, he'd pause slightly before he said Edmonds. It was weird.

Other than that, I've got nothing to add, but am cracking up at the posts! Carry on!

I'm also cracking up at all the posts - and I thought OG = Old Guard lol!

• Love 2
If Shannon divorces David, the mistress wins.

Only if he scoots to the sidepiece.  Rumors are that she's married too.  He should just escape and simmah down...SIMMAH dowwwwwwnnnnn and see what real life has to offer.

As for why David stays - perhaps she is using the kids to guilt him into staying.

Maybe Satan Andy has a hold on him.

• Love 1

All righty I'll chime in. Tamara paid the deposit for HER sons house so HER grandchild would be near her. Why does this involve Eddie? He's the third husband not the father or grandfather. He works at a gym his wife owns and he takes money from a tv show is wife is on. He has NO SAY in how she spends HER money on HER children. I would crawl over broken glass to have my son be happy, healthy, and alive. I would crawl over even more glass to have a grandchild I could love and help take care of. I don't like Ryan either but he's not my kid. It's her choice. No one would raise an eyebrow if Jim Edmonds (ugh) paid for his kids and Megan objected. She's just the third wife like Eddie is the third husband. You don't get to come between parent and child. Not your place. Not your money.

And because it can't be said enough--Shut the fuck up Megan!! You may be 30 but you act like a 19 year old with your stupid snarky remarks and your "age shaming". I don't hate her because she's 30 I hate her because she's an ignorant little thing that thinks she's special. And Megan? Pink is for BREAST CANCER! Maybe you could have noticed that before you dyed you dam stupid hair the WRONG COLOR!!! What an idiot.

Shannon needs to get a clue. Spilling every dam detail of your husbands affair on tv? Really? Your poor kids are going to be mortified if they aren't already. I'll never forget Shannon swigging vodka straight from the bottle so she could make whoppee with her hubby. Yeah that would make me not stray--someone who had to be half in the bag to sleep with me. Then to have to live with someone who bitches about every little thing? NO ONE could make her happy. She has buckets of money--move on Shannon! He doesn't want you and frankly, I don't blame him. Your a sad, sad alcoholic nut bag. Run David, run.

Woo!

Say it!