Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Stripped

Wow its almost that time again hu? I feel this show has been off the air for years. Thank you for the clips Cranberry no thank you Carter for another basic white boy in the form of Felix. But in the other hand it could be good to have karma have a friend, there were just so many other options you know?

Seriously this show needs to stop trying to shove an hour's worth of storyline into 30 mins. Hopefully this was just because it was a premiere and they are trying to reintroduce everyone.

Lauren and Shane fighting over the school is always entertaining while they are sniping at each other however, could care less about their love interests.

Show don't bring on a character and point out the ridiculousness of Karma and Liam and still try to make them some kind of root for couple. Let this relationship die already.

Glad that there was a slight callback to the dream even though it wasn't in the previously. Also show how can you have the storyline between your two leads almost seem like b or c plot?

• Love 1

Shane`s horror at there being another gay BFF out there was hilarious. He and Lauren are always my favorite parts of this show. 

Glad this show is back, although I really wish it was an hour long instead of half an hour. 

• Love 2

He and Lauren are always my favorite parts of this show. 

Glad this show is back, although I really wish it was an hour long instead of half an hour. 

Yeah, those two are great with the delivery.  Like when Shane called Lauren Evita.  :)  I also continue to get a chuckle out of the bleeped words.  As when Shane stripped  and it bleeped WTF? when no one else stripped.

Just thought it was a meh episode.  I had forgot all about the drug stuff with Karma's parents. And I still don't remember fully.

The Karma and Liam stuff continue to bore.

• Love 2

Well, that was... fine? Not great, but not bad. It felt rushed, though. I was happy to see that an early promo misled us (as usual) with the whole "Amy hits on Felix" thing, as it was all a ruse to make him admit he was straight... but then the "this season on" promo showed her kissing him, so that happiness was short-lived.

I'm definitely going to watch, but I feel like a lot of my fondness for this show dissipated over that long break.

• Love 4

I guess I'm easy to please because I kinda enjoyed it. I stopped taking the show seriously the moment Amy slept with Liam and I find if you lower your expectations you tend to enjoy it more. I mean I wanted more Karma and Amy scenes and less Liam but I'm hoping the rest of the season will satisfy. I like this passive aggressive karma lol and i laughed the episode served its purpose. Felix is bland so far

And I'm with Karma, that was not at all what I was expecting from Reagan and Amy's camping trip, where did they go camping? But nice to confirm Karma's dream

• Love 1

It was fun to have a show back, but that felt more like a season teaser than a whole episode. A bunch of things got introduced and that's it. I know it's a serialized structure, but typically they have one full story arc per episode with a beginning, middle, and end with the other serialized threads continuing to move forward and dangling -- this one felt like they dropped the episode arc and just showed us scenes in a longer story.

I really have no interest in Liam getting his own little afterschool side story.

Yeah Liam is the most boring part of the show for me and I wish this show would drop him and Karma's relationship for good better yet write him out completely. Still love Lauren Shane and Amy and I don't know why they are seriously gonna have my Baby Amy smooch Regan Felix and Karma this half of the season. Amy just looks weird smooching any guy on this show. She fits with Regan or Karma.

'I really have no interest in Liam getting his own little afterschool side story.'

That sentence could have ended after the word 'Liam' for me.

Haha I agree and I don't know any fan of this show who gives a crap about Doucheboy Liam

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

I'm happy the show is finally back especially since I expected it in April or May and not August.

Anyway, after such a long wait the episode was dull and boring, with nothing special happening (although you can always count on Shane and Lauren to entertain. Neither Zita or Felix was inspiring at all. 

Its Faking it so the season will get better as time goes by. But, its definitely off to a bad start.

I don't know how I felt about this episode.  I realized that at this point I'm watching solely for Lauren and Shane.  

My biggest problem is that I don't like Karma... I want to, but I just can't and never really have.  And because of that I cannot like Amy very much; her adoration and commitment to Karma annoys me. I like Amy whenever she is away from Karma (consequently, I didn't mind that they weren't from and center).  As for Liam, I've never disliked him as much as most this board, I'm mostly indifferent to him.  He also suffers from his Karma stuff; but since I don't care about him, I also don't care much about whether or not he's hung up on her.

Reading this, I recognize that I'm an outlier (other than my appreciation for Lauren and Shane), but there it is. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3

For me this episode was just kind of... There. I didn't hate it but the show has had more memorable episodes. I've realized though Shane kind of is starting to bug me,Karma is kind of annoying, Liam is boring, Lauren I like and Amy is probably my favorite. So yeah we shall see what happens.

I'm a little more upbeat than most I guess. It was nice to see everyone again, Except maybe Theo, whom I never cared for.

I feel the show has always had a breakneck pace, and given the number of shows that drag, I find it refreshing.

I think the new principal thing could be interesting, especially since Lauren will be at the core of it.

I was glad Shane's naked protest idea went down in flames, because seriously, what group of teenagers is going to be down for that?

Liam's officemate pun intended, was conveniently talkative for a new character in need of exposition.

If Liam/Karma are going to have problems, I'd rather it was something like the huge socioeconomic status gulf between them (even larger than before, and Liam can't slum it in the art dept. like he used to). But it looks like intern girl, Karma's jealousy, and various misunderstandings will be the conflict fuel instead. 

• Love 1

Not a bad episode to start the season off and introduce a few new plot threads, but nothing really go me excited.  Maybe that has something to do with the fact I haven't watch this show since episode 2:10 premiered and I have kinda forgotten why I was so into this show.  That being said it was nice to see all of the main five back (with the exception of one!).

Shane's secrets and shit-stirring are going to get him in trouble again.

Lauren has been class president for a few weeks and is turning into the principal's head of propaganda.

Karma and Amy were really sweet this episode IMHO.  Almost all of their past emotional scenes have had something hanging over them, either how heart broken Amy was or Karma having her head up her ass.  The scene were Karma came clean about her family just felt sweet, at least to me.

The character I really wasn't happy to see back was Liam.  I get why so many people hated him in the earlier episodes, but at least back then he was somewhat funny (in a head-smacking, 'is he seriously that dense' kind of way).  Now he just pines away over Karma is and really boring.

I actually don't mind Liam, tbh. I like him when he's around Amy and think a (strictly) platonic relationship between them would be really nice to see. His relationship with Shane is the sweetest, and Shane needs Liam to reel him back in when his schemes get out of hand. He has a point on the show (outside of Karma) and the writers should really explore that. (More episodes like the one where he and Shane almost got to live out their dream of dating/banging twins).

I feel like Amy might come out as a bisexual (yes they exist) with a strong female preference. Meaning, she wouldn't turn down a relationship with a male if she liked him enough.

Lauren continues to be my favorite. More of her always!

• Love 2

I was glad Shane's naked protest idea went down in flames, because seriously, what group of teenagers is going to be down for that?

College freshmen. Too bad for Shane the show is set in high school, despite how old the actors are (he's 26 this month).

Glad that there was a slight callback to the dream even though it wasn't in the previously. Also show how can you have the storyline between your two leads almost seem like b or c plot?

Rita Volk said in an interview that the show's at a point now where everyone in the ensemble can have significant storylines instead of the show revolving around the Karma/Amy storyline. That's fine with me because apart from Liam, I do find the rest of the ensemble interesting and deserving. Although I enjoy Karma/Amy, it's clear from what Katie Stevens has said that TPTB is just gonna drag that will-they/won't-they out for as long as the series lasts, so there's no progression to be found there. It's not an arc, just limbo. So they need other storylines that actually do offer viewers a sense of progression as well as an actual resolution. The Karma/Amy friendship is at the heart of the show and they'll always circle back to that, but it can't really be the A-plot in every episode anymore.

This episode made me realize that I've missed this show. The Shane/Lauren/principal stuff was classic Hester High. Lauren's commercial reminded me of the TSA Pre-Clear program for faster airport screening. And I really liked Lauren with Theo, so I'm glad to see they have him back this season.

Karma was hilarious in the car with Amy and Liam. I'm glad they're being realistic about her not being over the Liam/Amy hookup, seeing as how they basically stalked and emotionally manipulated her to "forgive" them rather than letting her work through it. This is why you don't give people ultimatums. In the S2a premiere, Amy was mad at Karma for being clingy in trying to repair their friendship rather than giving her space and time, but she's doing the same thing to Karma.

I'm,kinda "meh" about this episode. It was great to see Lauren and Penelope again, and I didn't mind Zita and Felix being introduced as new characters.  I'm getting so tired about the back and forth with Amy and Karma. Liam can leave the show anytime and I wouldn't miss him at all.

Just my two cents. :)