Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lola16

Let's Talk About Dr. Phil, The Man

17 hours ago, Jaded said:

Since Phub Co-Created the show and he along with Lil Phub are listed as Executive Producers....

Eliza Dushku Received $9.5 Million Settlement Over Misconduct on ‘Bull’ Set

Well THAT'S been a well kept secret from the public by Dr. Phlub and MySonJay.

However, nobody can be responsible for other people's actions or words. Some men (and a few women possibly) are sleazy creeps who will use whatever "powers" they have to get sex from pretty women (or men). It's wrong and especially wrong when date rape drugs are used (how you doin' Bill Cosby?) 

I couldn't find a thread for this show, but Phil & 'my son Jay' produced this - which it's now cancelled - Face the Truth.

Horribly executed, just awful show.  Typically two guests who have an issue, give their stories, get Q&A from panel - a judge I think (Scary Mary - just a loudmouth), a psychologist or psychiatrist and a life coach.  Vivica A. Fox is the host and contributes her two cents, also.  Watching a rerun as I'm just a lump on my recliner right now (summer cold or allergies kicking my butt).  Their conclusions could be arrived at by anyone, then they offer 'resources' ala Phil.

So they've got a lawsuit re: their other show, Bull, now this new show cancelled.  Is it Phil or 'my son Jay' who are making bad decisions?  I did see DailyMail TV was renewed, so gossip does sell.  There's a glut of judge/self help shows.  What's next, a fashion/beauty show with Robin? Maybe even Phil knows she couldn't carry an entire show; most people can't sit thru her 5 to 10 minutes promoting her products on his regular show.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, hoosier80 said:

Horribly executed, just awful show.  Typically two guests who have an issue, give their stories, get Q&A from panel - a judge I think (Scary Mary - just a loudmouth), a psychologist or psychiatrist and a life coach

LOL.  I watched a couple of showings when it was new.  Absolutely cringe worthy.  All those silly women spouting pop catch phrases and offering advice that sounds like the magazines at the checkout counter.

The audience "voting" , Mary screaming and Vivaca blubbering ... what a mess.

I've seen a couple episodes and the only thing that stood out to me is that the set had pretty much the same sterile/metallic look as The Doctors set.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:35 AM, hoosier80 said:

couldn't find a thread for this show, but Phil & 'my son Jay' produced this - which it's now cancelled - Face the Truth.

Horribly executed, just awful show.  

Face The Truth is truly one of the worst TV shows ever! I'm so glad it's getting flushed down the $hitter! Unless OWN is going to show reruns. 

• Laugh 1