Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Primetimer

The Late Show Announces All Of Its First-Week Guests

I predict this is the end of Jeb Bush's candidacy. He's probably expecting a nice little pop-culture moment, remind people that he's in the race and he'll still be there when Trump implodes, maybe endure some gentle mocking from Colbert (and give Colbert a way to differentiate his actual political persona from the Colbert Report character.)

And I think Colbert has something that Bush is simply not prepared for, and he fully intends to produce a Dukkakis-in-the-tank, Howard Dean YEEAH, kind of moment that Bush isn't going to be able to escape, and will register Colbert as an unapologetic force to be reckoned with.

I can't say I understand having Jeb! on the same premiere week as this other shitbag:

sept10_keith.jpg

I know Stephen knows him from The Colbert Christmas Special, but why have him on Week 1?  To contrast with Joe Biden (on the same night as him)?

As long as he doesn't clean his glasses on the clothing of a Colbert staffer during the commercial break he'll be well ahead of his brother on a "Late Show" appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRijLt5VTF0

I saw that live (well, the following night, when Letterman had realized it happened and rerun it). I thought Bush would be finished, but alas, it was before Youtube and Social Media. Today, he'd have been toast...game over... in less than a week for that. Noblesse oblige indeed.

I hope Stephen isn't going to pair liberals and conservatives. We suffered through Jeb! already, now, even worse, it's Toby Keith? I have hopes for Biden, though. He seems on a roll of late. I know it won't happen but I'm hoping he'll declare his candidacy and get a huge "Colbert bump" for it.