Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Take Pride

The show is one big infomercial, isn't it? Selling cait. Hair, make-up fashions, paid friends, paid testimonials. I'm just as convinced the product is for real as I am of one of those late-night miracle-cream adds.

• Love 5

So here's the thing with Scott Disick. He was never, ever close with Cait. They didn't like each other at all. They just put up with each other. I know this because I have watched every episode of that stupid Kardashian show since before Scott and Kourtney even had any kids. He refused to conform to the Kardashian machine. This is why Scott was wondering why Cait chose him to come all the way to Malibu to talk. Because he knows it's a crock of shit, but hey, why not if he's getting paid. That's the beauty of Scott. He sees everything for exactly what it is, he knows he makes many stupid mistakes, he has demons to conquer, but he never makes excuses for the ass that he is.  

And that's also why I find him so entertaining.  Anyone else [sergio] might be thrown to arrive to see  Cait for the first time and have a camera shoved in their face but Scott is used to it, if he was phased at all he hid it well.   Still, it had to be a shock - which is why he probably kept his sunglasses on at the door. 

As far as Caitlyn's male friends - as small as their numbers might be I'm betting they really don't want to see Cait for the first time with a camera crew in residence.

The show is one big infomercial, isn't it? Selling cait. Hair, make-up fashions, paid friends, paid testimonials. I'm just as convinced the product is for real as I am of one of those late-night miracle-cream adds.

Well it is called I Am Cait  so yes.  And the people behind the show are the same people that sell  the Kartrashian empire. 

Edited by Cosmocrush

As far as Caitlyn's male friends - as small as their numbers might be I'm betting they really don't want to see Cait for the first time with a camera crew in residence.

I know it's generally a thing that post-transition transgenders often feel betrayed that their old friends seem to up and disappear after a transition.

But I think this show takes that and applies the ugly unfair filter over it that what Cosmocrush is saying is also a big factor in this particular case--that some people may stay away not because they disapprove of Cait's transition, but because they don't want to appear on TV. Or don't want their reactions milked and metered on TV. If I had been a friend of pre-transition Caitlyn and had that hung around my neck, I'd stay away too. Heck, it might feel like a betrayal in of itself far more than any ol' gender issues. Then again, hanging around any Kardashian is already a formula to get fucked over on TV. Why should Caitlyn "Kardashian" be any different?

Then again if we're talking about the likes of Jeff Dunham, he plays in Branson, Missouri and venues like that, doing super-racist voices for his Jalapeño and Terrorist puppets.  So of course he's not going to bring too much attention to the fact that he's friends with a transgender person.  His core audience would abandon him.  Although to be fair, he did post this on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/JeffDunham/photos/a.10150112173813827.293840.8303218826/10153264661328827/

• Love 1

I think Caitlyn thought this show would have the same following as the Kardashians, but I'm sure mostly different people watch it. I was happy to see her talking about her helicopter hobby because that was a big part of her life for many years. Other than that, it's like watching a person have to pretend people are her friends whom she just met, and doing activities and activism she is not really familiar with and possibly not 100% committed to. In other words, Cait needs some time to figure out what her life will be like, who her friends will be and how much or how little she wants to be involved in activism. I did feel a little sorry for her when she kept repeating them instead of us; this is all new to her and trying to constantly monitor every word you say is exhausting.

I too thought Candis show looked like it was a five minute performance in a Howard Johnson's and I was even a bit embarrassed for her; she is very beautiful though.

• Love 4

I agree with both points Madding Crowd.   After spending her entire life on the outside looking in and then doing her entire transition as a recluse,   it must be overwhelming for Caitlyn to suddenly be surrounded and embraced by a community of strangers.  And who knew the language was such a mine field?  

I think I read Canis used to have a really popular cabaret show in Chelsea when she lived in NYC in the 90s so I think this "show" was just a recreation of parts of that show, for celebration of Pride Week in NYC.  But yes, the venue looked like it was 2:00 in the afternoon. 

• Love 1

Okay, for the love of god, stop calling everyone Babe, someone please take the horrible animal prints away, and I'm seriously waiting for a fog and wind machine to pop up in the next episode to further blur Caitlyn's features. And you can't tell me Cait can't at least get an etiquette coach to teach some basic table manners. It was super lovely and ladylike to see Candis talk about the woman in the hospital while Cait stood there slack jawed with her mouth hanging open full of food. 

• Love 7

I was happy to see her talking about her helicopter hobby because that was a big part of her life for many years.

That reminds me of something Cait said that pissed me off. It was something like, "I may be the best female helicopter in the world now," or words to that effect. My first thought was: "Why, because you were born male? A female helicopter pilot who was born female couldn't be better than you?"

And who knew the language was such a mine field?

Gender-related language has always been a mine field.

• Love 4

I wonder if many of Cait's male friends have female friends, and whether they treat women friends differently than men friends if they do. It's true that she's the same person, but it's also true that she's changed her way of being in the world quite a bit, and that the more role-identified you are, the more changing roles will impact your relationships. And Cait seems to be very role identified, and I'm guessing that her friends are, also. Her family certainly seems to be.

The show really isn't telling us anything about what those friendships were like, and whether Cait wants to have the same kind of talk, activities, and interpersonal dynamics she used to have. Did she call her male friends babe when she was living as Bruce? Did she ask them how much they missed her? Did she sweep in with a camera crew, or bat her eyes?

I agree that if you have a deep relationship, less will change than if you have a superficial one. But even Cait admits she wasn't letting anyone in on her deep self. And if the change meant nothing, would she have done it? She is trying to live a glam female life. I really think that if she was hiding as much as she says, then there's no way she always acted the same as she does now, and that it's therefore disingenuous to believe there's really nothing she wants changed in her relationships.

So overall, I am not really sure what we are supposed to make of her talk about guy friends, because I don't really know who they were and what the friendships were like. But I think it's always true that if you are hiding your true self from people, they may or may not like you once they discover who you really are-- maybe they are just transphobes, but maybe it's just her personality; how many guys are friends equally comfortably and just hang out with a woman dressed in couture and acting like Cati acts, as they are with a man dressed for whatever who wants to be a guy among guys? Maybe I'm not getting it because I didn't follow Jenner's life before her transition. But this episode left me not knowing what I'm supposed to think or why. I just didn't feel like there was enough info to know what was really happening with these elusive guyfolk.

I know for sure than whenever I've gone through a major growth and change period, my friendships have always had to adjust-- some people fall away, some relationships evolve-- and I've never changed my gender. And sometimes when my friends of I have changed their lives a lot, we no longer have much in common anymore. So if Caitlyn has gone from a "those people are weird and I'm a very conservative Republican and I'm not going to open up about my inner life" to "I'm going to Pride Day and everyone is so normal and I'm having sleepover parties with middle aged women and I'm an activist now"-- well... it might be that some of her friends will balk. Maybe they are as clueless as she was 10 minutes ago. Or maybe they just don't know how to be friends with a woman who behaves the way she does in general. Or, like others have said, maybe they just don't want to be friends on camera, since real friendship is not an exhibit.

I do think the show is trying to create a narrative to highlight issues relevant to trans people generally, i.e. whether people will accept you or not, even though Cait is not really the best model to use, since her life is so totally extreme in so many ways. I wonder why they have chosen to do this-- because increasingly it seems to me that Cait herself is not really all that interested or on board. Either she is, and she's just incredibly awkward and clueless, or she isn't but they offered her more money to showcase issues beyond her own, and she agreed. I'm really curious about who decided to make this show a forum for trans activists, and not just a Caitlyn Jenner showcase. They could have made a fluffy "Caitlyn Takes Hollywood" style of show, with each week showing her doing some girly glam thing or other, or even show her doing "speech therapy" or something like that, but they chose not to. And I'm grateful, but it's a strange phenomenon, because it's like her personality and the stories they are telling don't really seem to match.

I do wish she'd work on her posture, though. I'm surprised that's less of a concern to her than her voice.

• Love 3

And you can't tell me Cait can't at least get an etiquette coach to teach some basic table manners. It was super lovely and ladylike to see Candis talk about the woman in the hospital while Cait stood there slack jawed with her mouth hanging open full of food. 

She does this all the time and it's absolutely disgusting. It must have something to do with all the surgery. Maybe she can't close her mouth all the way when she chews?  She should put forth more attention to that instead of wanting to get her voice changed. 

• Love 2

That reminds me of something Cait said that pissed me off. It was something like, "I may be the best female helicopter in the world now," or words to that effect. My first thought was: "Why, because you were born male? A female helicopter pilot who was born female couldn't be better than you?"

Gender-related language has always been a mine field.

Helicopter pilot? [Edited below: I learned that Caitlyn is really a pilot.] The part Caitlyn took to Sergio's repair shop was a part from a toy helicopter operated by remote control. I'm sure there's considerable skill involved, but it's worlds away from being the trained and licensed pilot of a real helicopter. I don't know --  maybe the toy helicopter enthusiasts refer to themselves as "pilots." I would call it being the "operator" of the toy copter.

If you're just operating a little recreational machine by remote control, I don't see what difference it would make what gender you are. The helicopters are just like the small drones for sale to consumers. Any woman can operate a drone as well as a man. It's a hobby either gender can do well and enjoy.

Edited to add: Oops, I have to backtrack and correct my error! I just Googled it and learned that Caitlyn does know how to pilot a real helicopter, and it fact she owns one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2922981/Bruce-Jenner-finally-allowed-chopper-son-Brandon-skies.html

Big boys toys! Bruce Jenner is finally allowed a chopper of his own as he and son Brandon take to the skies

By Chelsea White for MailOnline

Published: 01:56 EST, 23 January 2015 | Updated: 04:18 EST, 23 January 2015

However, in the scene where Caitlyn went to visit Sergio's repair shop, he was talking about a toy helicopter part that needed fixing.

Edited by Coffeecup

This again falls under the "why do people pretend Caitlyn Jenner is a hero just because she transitioned" category. Assaholic and sexist attitudes like this are built into this person and I doubt it's going to change (and yes, even if Caitlyn is now female she can STILL be sexist against her own gender).  Meanwhile there are female military combat helicopter pilots with decades of experience. Conveniently dismissing them is another reason Caitlyn Jenner needs to go fuck herself (and yet by saying that I'm instantly risking being pilloried).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 8

You can't tell me Cait can't at least get an etiquette coach to teach some basic table manners. It was super lovely and ladylike to see Candis talk about the woman in the hospital while Cait stood there slack jawed with her mouth hanging open full of food.

Holly Woodlawn was one of Andy Warhol's Superstars in the 1960's & '70s. She's mentioned in the very first line of Lou Reed's 1972 song "Walk on the Wild Side":

Holly came from Miami, F.L.A.

Hitchhiked her way across the U.S.A.

Plucked her eyebrows on the way

Shaved her legs, and then he was a she

She says, "Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side."

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 2

This again falls under the "why do people pretend Caitlyn Jenner is a hero just because she transitioned" category. Assaholic and sexist attitudes like this are built into this person and I doubt it's going to change (and yes, even if Caitlyn is now female she can STILL be sexist against her own gender).  Meanwhile there are female military combat helicopter pilots with decades of experience. Conveniently dismissing them is another reason Caitlyn Jenner needs to go fuck herself (and yet by saying that I'm instantly risking being pilloried).

Cait is a transgender chauvinist pig! Notice her chauvinism runs hot against women who are not transgendered like Rhonda, to the point of bigotry!

I'm sick of her talking about women as if they missed an evolutionary step because they are "not transgender" 

You don't see this in her instant group of friends, they at least have some dignity.

She has succeeded in having me seriously rethink my support of the community.

Cait is a transgendered chauvinist pig! Notice her chauvinism runs hot against women who are not transgendered like Rhonda, to the point of bigotry!

I'm sick of her talking about women as if they missed an evolutionary step because they are "not transgendered" 

You don't see this in her instant group of friends, they at least have some dignity.

We have yet to see Jenner interact with a group of non-transgender women.   So far the only non-transgender females in her circle are either family or paid assistants, people who have a personal or financial stake in tempering their reactions to her appearance, her behavior, her insensitivity, etc.

This is one of my big criticisms of the show -- it's too ghetto.  By ghetto, I mean transgender ghetto.   Jenner exists in a transgender vacuum, surrounded by transgender women, transgender experts, transgender activists.

The real challenge for people who transition is to integrate, assimilate and, ideally, get lost in the crowd of mainstream society.

Maybe Jenner is afraid to spend time with non-transgender women, especially of her own age, because there's no built-in guarantee of acceptance or transgender sisterhood or fantasy slumber parties.    Non-transgender women usually don't lounge around in satin robes sipping wine and discussing designer gowns, makeup or hairstyles.   That's a man's fantasy.   They have real-life concerns, like relationships, careers, husbands, boyfriends, children, family, their health, etc., much of which is not very glamorous.  I can't see Jenner having a substantive conversation with an average woman about these topics for even five minutes.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6

Depends on if she wants to just fit in with "the community" or the world at large. Seeing as how she won't be part of the work force in a normal job-such as nursing-working side-by -side with non-transgender people everyday, she might never know how it feels to be treated as "normal". 

• Love 1

Kim said it. "You have the fame, but you're losing your family"

Caitlyn doesn't want to assimilate to the community, she wants to lead it, it's a part of her personality, she doesn't want to be second to anyone.

It annoyed me how she approached Chaz Bono, as if Chaz were the newcomer and she was welcoming him as opposed to deferring to him. Chaz has put in the hard work and earned his stripes. She did the same at the meetings with the kids and the parents, thanking them for coming as opposed to thanking them for sharing with her.

Her interactions with the group she's surrounded by reveals her personality is to be the take charge leader of the pack. Come on girls lets go motocross riding, let's go roller skating, let's sit around and I'll tell you how I'm going to solve Blossoms problems. I find her annoying.

• Love 7

Is there a community of humans somewhere in this weird old world lacking even a single asshole? Besides, Caitlyn might think of herself as the be all, end all in any category she occupies, but we all don't have to agree that she's the final word or that she speaks for anybody beyond herself.

• Love 13

I do think the show is trying to create a narrative to highlight issues relevant to trans people generally, i.e. whether people will accept you or not, even though Cait is not really the best model to use, since her life is so totally extreme in so many ways. I wonder why they have chosen to do this-- because increasingly it seems to me that Cait herself is not really all that interested or on board. Either she is, and she's just incredibly awkward and clueless, or she isn't but they offered her more money to showcase issues beyond her own, and she agreed. I'm really curious about who decided to make this show a forum for trans activists, and not just a Caitlyn Jenner showcase. They could have made a fluffy "Caitlyn Takes Hollywood" style of show, with each week showing her doing some girly glam thing or other, or even show her doing "speech therapy" or something like that, but they chose not to. And I'm grateful, but it's a strange phenomenon, because it's like her personality and the stories they are telling don't really seem to match.

IMO it is because Cait likes thinking of herself as an activist/spokesperson, and agreed to the set-up before she realized everything it entailed.  I think she wants her story to have meaning and purpose, more than just designer gowns and bags, and as a self-centered and un-self-aware human, she didn't realize how tedious she would find it.  I think she expected a lot of "You're so brave . . . so gorgeous . . . how did you feel?  How did you do it?  {Team Cait t-shirt here :}"  You can see her face change every time one of the gals either chides her for ignorance/insensitivity OR tells her own tale - she gets a blank face that can best be described as bored/slightly irritated, and then when she is able to say "I" again she reanimates.

Caitlyn doesn't want to assimilate to the community, she wants to lead it, it's a part of her personality, she doesn't want to be second to anyone.

THIS - exactly.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 4

The problem is, this asshole has hijacked the bus.

For the short duration of her namesake show, maybe. But after the show's over and Cait's enjoyed a few rounds of "Hail To The Bus Driver", we'll see where things shake out in relation to the movement. I very much doubt the long term activists will take backseats to the n00b who just got her learner's permit. Cait has a lot to offer, but a lot to learn.

• Love 1

Cailtlyn Jenner fascinates me, or maybe I should say her famous past and transition fascinate me. She will never IMO be a good spokeswoman for the transgender community. If the community were smart, they'd pick smart, funny Jazz and her not perfect, but perfectly normal family to lead the transgender community. That child is so self aware and amazing.

• Love 2

Cailtlyn Jenner fascinates me, or maybe I should say her famous past and transition fascinate me. She will never IMO be a good spokeswoman for the transgender community. If the community were smart, they'd pick smart, funny Jazz and her not perfect, but perfectly normal family to lead the transgender community. That child is so self aware and amazing.

It's not like an election was held for Transgender Leader. Caitlyn Jenner just kind of came and TOOK the reigns of Spokesperson and Designated Hero by putting out the most press, in the shortest time, in the most high profile media outlets.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

It's not like an election was held for Transgender Leader. Caitlyn Jenner just kind of came and TOOK the reigns of Spokesperson and Designated Hero by putting out the most press, in the shortest time, in the highest most high profile media outlets.

She decided "this is MINE."   To sate her egomania, she exploited a vulnerable community and took what didn't belong to her, regardless of the fallout. 

I can't help thinking of Kristy Pandora's "sensationalize vs. normalize" observation.

For the short duration of her namesake show, maybe. But after the show's over and Cait's enjoyed a few rounds of "Hail To The Bus Driver", we'll see where things shake out in relation to the movement. I very much doubt the long term activists will take backseats to the n00b who just got her learner's permit. Cait has a lot to offer, but a lot to learn.

Jennifer Boylan seems all too eager to melt into a puddle of goo at Jenner's feet.  

• Love 2

I was not impressed, either. Seemed derivative. I know it originated from a drag show, and I hate drag (I find it to be mysogynistic and the appropriation of black culture turns me off).

Looked like it was thrown together quickly for the show.. I was scared one of her shoes would go flying off and knock someone out.

• Love 2

She's really disappointed me with her participation in this show. Makes me wonder how well she knew Cait before signing on.

I'm sure the nice fat check that she or her chosen non profit received swayed her.  

• Love 2

She decided "this is MINE."   To sate her egomania, she exploited a vulnerable community and took what didn't belong to her, regardless of the fallout. 

Certainly a sign of owner-ship when she put her arm around Chaz (who was just grinning and bearing it)

This is Caitlyn's last chance to WORLD'S GREATEST anything. She is reminding me more and more of "Mommy Dearest"

I would love to see Khloe scream "I M NOT ONE OF YOUR FANS!"

• Love 2

Certainly a sign of owner-ship when she put her arm around Chaz (who was just grinning and bearing it)

This is Caitlyn's last chance to WORLD'S GREATEST anything. She is reminding me more and more of "Mommy Dearest"

I would love to see Khloe scream "I M NOT ONE OF YOUR FANS!"

Surely they must have a spare "Team Cait" t-shirt in Khloe's size, right?

I mean it's not like they have to account for her ass for a T-shirt...

• Love 1

Could Chaz have looked  more uncomfortable? Cait with her man-stance, crossed arms and plumped lips, telling him how much she admired him.. I was thinking Cait's gonna say "but  I'm here now and things are finally going to get done" 

• Love 1

Cait with her man-stance

Nah. Let's not go there criticizing the one aspect of all of this that Caitlyn actually has no control over.

But yeah, Chaz looked uncomfortable.  Having some blowhard come-lately self-professed savior would do that.

• Love 1

Nah. Let's not go there criticizing the one aspect of all of this that Caitlyn actually has no control over.

But yeah, Chaz looked uncomfortable.  Having some blowhard come-lately self-professed savior would do that.

She wants to change her voice, her Adams apple, her jawline, her nose and the ridge on her forehead but she can't change her posture? She's a big golf nut, she's mentioned that her new boobs are forcing her to change the way she hits the ball, and I'm sure she learned while training for the Olympics that how you move and hold your body can and does affect the performance in different events. She could easily adjust her posture with practice and some assistance from a coach. I suspect though that she doesn't have the patience to wait for results. I'm surprised that someone who has had so much time alone up in the hills isn't more graceful. If she can't manage high heels don't wear them.  I never mastered the art,  and after nearly breaking an ankle once or twice I gave up, and as a woman I don't feel I've missed anything by not wearing them, indeed I have fewer foot  issues than most of my friends. IMO, it's her posture and her walk that is a dead giveaway to her being transgender, not her voice.

• Love 2

Candis: "Watch Cait, I'll show you my act"......

rs_475x268-150825101331-Candis-Kicking.g

Caitlyn: "whoa whoa, do it again for the camera"

Candis: "okay here goes"

Candis: "and here's the rest of my act"......

So here's what I saw from the NY episode. Candis's act is basically doing a high kick to the left then a few steps and a high kick to the right, then a boob shimmy in a crowded gay bar in NY.   Um.... no more comments from me about it.

• Love 4

Candis: "Watch Cait, I'll show you my act"......

Caitlyn: "whoa whoa, do it again for the camera"

Candis: "okay here goes"

Candis: "and here's the rest of my act"......

So here's what I saw from the NY episode. Candis's act is basically doing a high kick to the left then a few steps and a high kick to the right, then a boob shimmy in a crowded gay bar in NY.   Um.... no more comments from me about it.

If Candis Cayne has fully transitioned to female, how is she relevant as entertainment in a gay bar anymore?   Isn't her act a drag act?   But to fit the definition of drag, she would need to be male.   So it's not drag anymore.   But if it's not drag, why is she there?   It's a bit baffling.

• Love 1

If Candis Cayne has fully transitioned to female, how is she relevant as entertainment in a gay bar anymore?   Isn't her act a drag act?   But to fit the definition of drag, she would need to be male.   So it's not drag anymore.   But if it's not drag, why is she there?   It's a bit baffling.

I also wonder if it's easier to do those high kicks now. One one hand, she won't have equipment flopping all around getting in the way. On the other hand, she's still got the same hips she always had (and male hips don't quite work the same as female ones).
If Candis Cayne has fully transitioned to female, how is she relevant as entertainment in a gay bar anymore?   Isn't her act a drag act?   But to fit the definition of drag, she would need to be male.   So it's not drag anymore.   But if it's not drag, why is she there?   It's a bit baffling.
No, it's not baffling. Drag has no rules other than that it plays with a heightened presentation of a female character. Although in contemporary times, it can there can be a lot of tension between the drag and transgender communities, there are drag queens who use drag as a way to explore their transgender identity as well as post-transition M-to-F transgender drag queens (Carmen Carrera is currently one of the most mainstream famous). There are also ciswomen who are drag queens--NOT drag kings--but actual drag queens. They sometimes use the term faux queen. The whole point of drag is to play with gender, not police it. 

That said, I don't believe Candis classifies her show as drag. I think it's a cabaret show. Gay bars don't only host drag shows.

I also wonder if it's easier to do those high kicks now.
Candis is a professional dancer. With the exception of people who have medical conditions that limit them, anyone can gain that level of flexibility through focused training and starting young enough. Male ballet dancers, jazz dancers, Latin dancers, etc. all do splits and high kicks.

And a dance belt is all that's required to deal with genital flopping, just like sports bras or equivalent handle breasts.

• Love 5

When I watched this episode a second time I noticed a pattern that I missed the first time - there is a constant refrain of "I can't leave my house" followed by Cait leaving her house. Sergio had to come to her; she couldn't go there. (When he didn't, she did.) She can't be seen in public - yet the meeting with Chaz Bono et al was covered in the tabloids when she was out in public (pictures of her holding an umbrella were on all the gossip sites). 

Of course, this is all leading up to the Big Reveal - the Espys. But first, why not go to Patricia Field and get photographed leaving her shop in a dazzling mini-skirt. And then attend a Gay Pride event - while she's supposedly still in hiding. 

I think they thought that this series of episodes would have a dynamic, building up to her Drop Dead Gorgeous grand appearance. Instead, all of this coy faux shyness is coming over like a lead balloon. Perhaps if the structure had been more authentic, the series would have been more compelling. Instead, each Sunday night ends with a thud. 

• Love 5

She drives to see Sergio in the most flashy car she has...

Sure to draw attention as it's known as her car. It's all a play to create interest and buzz and keep her name in the news.

• Love 2

She drives to see Sergio in the most flashy car she has...

It could have been worse. She could have been towing an ATV behind it.

EDIT - Ack. Okay, that may have gone too far. Sorry!

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

It could have been worse. She could have been towing an ATV behind it.

EDIT - Ack. Okay, that may have gone too far. Sorry!

I think the whole Sergio not showing up was a set up. Caitlyn even commented that she wasn't going to "call him out on the no show" and She didn't even mention it at the shop. Strangely neither did Sergio.. usually when you pull a no show and then find yourself in the presence of the one you avoided, you are a bit chagrined and make some kind of feeble excuse, or apology, Sergio just looked uncomfortable and rather standoffish.

• Love 2

Can I just say, that car was ridiculous for a 65 year old Cait, woman or man. Honestly, all I could think was why the hell would anyone want a car they practically had to crawl into? There was a shot of either her getting in or out, and it was like watching human origami. 

• Love 6

If Candis Cayne has fully transitioned to female, how is she relevant as entertainment in a gay bar anymore? Isn't her act a drag act? But to fit the definition of drag, she would need to be male. So it's not drag anymore. But if it's not drag, why is she there? It's a bit baffling.

I wonder if Caitlyn Jenner is totally jealous of the way that Candis looks ?

She does this all the time and it's absolutely disgusting. It must have something to do with all the surgery. Maybe she can't close her mouth all the way when she chews?  She should put forth more attention to that instead of wanting to get her voice changed. 

Seriously, Caitlyn's friend Candis Cayne really should be giving Cait lessons in how to walk like a female. She still 'lumbers' around like a big clumsy man and in high heels it's even worse. Modifying her gait and posture while walking will greatly improve her overall look. And stop shoulder slumping! High heel walking lessons, that's what she needs.

fa1869f0-5c79-0132-0bb1-0eae5eefacd9.gif

these fellows practiced and now they OWN the high heel shoe

tumblr_n7f90bKiIB1rc7zl1o4_400.gif

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

Candis or Kendall should be able to help with the walk and posture, although any of the daughters should have the walk down. They all have been wearing heels since like 12 years old. Somehow, I don't see Caitlyn being open to lessons though. 

• Love 1

No, it's not baffling. Drag has no rules other than that it plays with a heightened presentation of a female character. Although in contemporary times, it can there can be a lot of tension between the drag and transgender communities, there are drag queens who use drag as a way to explore their transgender identity as well as post-transition M-to-F transgender drag queens (Carmen Carrera is currently one of the most mainstream famous). There are also ciswomen who are drag queens--NOT drag kings--but actual drag queens. They sometimes use the term faux queen. The whole point of drag is to play with gender, not police it. 

That said, I don't believe Candis classifies her show as drag. I think it's a cabaret show. Gay bars don't only host drag shows.

I suppose any rule can be bent nowadays, but traditionally drag queens are male.

Candis can call her act anything she wants, but it sounds like it falls flat by any name.   She seems to have become one of those celebrities whom people go to see primarily for who they are rather than what they do.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

If Jenner was into crossdressing as much as she professes, she would have mastered high heels long ago.

I've thought about that too. Odd that she's still so unsteady on her feet. Or was all that time spent doing her toenails and makeup, making sexy faces in the mirror and trying to fool room service into saying Yes ma'am?