Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Take Pride

So the boys weren't that fond of the cover and Candice said that that she's taken care of her children for the last 40 years and she had to put her first. I'm pretty sure the boys (Brandon, Burt, and Brody) who had issues with the cover who Cailtlyn did not raise basically at all, would disagree with that.

It was nice seeing Scott and his reaction to Caitlyn especially with the breakup. It was great seeing Caitlyn still acknowledge him as family and always being family because he was  the father of her grandchildren.

• Love 6

From what I've read recently there has always been a huge chasm between LGB and T. The transgender community has always been looked down upon by gay people, and this episode tried to address it with the people from GLAAD. However, here we have lots of gay men and women cheering Cait on for being... what? Their hero? Um, I guess so. 

The costume designer who gave Cait that sparkly miniskirt was Patricia Field, best know for her work on Sex and the City. 

• Love 2

Lol. I'm so lost. Why gay pride? So far I haven't heard gay being mentioned...

And I'm tired of Candace already...yawn.

Caitlyn is being very careful not to totally cross over the line and use the gay word when describing herself. I think it's inevitable.The Dream Hotel in NY is really nice and a 3 bedroom suite is a bargain $2,000 a night. It was a little surprising that Cait brought up the comment made by Kris Humphries, "thank God, I got out of that family in time". Caitlyn doesn't want to hear any hate, but she needs to realize that it's bound to happen sooner or later, there's just no way to get around it. There will be people that hate, no matter how she presents herself to the public.

If anyone is curious about Candis Cayne before and after, here she is

83e1ffbe33d393dd9a5748d7fc472185.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

Looks like next week Jennifer Boylan goes there with Cait regarding the gay/lesbian issue.

I do think Cait tries to be flirty with both the other transgender women and then again with her friend Sergio.

• Love 1

I don't know if they think an announcement about who Cait is attracted to will bring viewers, but I don't care, and I think it might even be too soon for Cait to know for sure. Not sure why JBo is pressing Cait on this next week.

Caitlyn has said a few times "I just don't know" and she's probably being truthful. Gender identity and sexual orientation are two completely separate characteristics. One is what gender we see ourselves as being.The other is what gender(s) and sex(es) we are physically and romantically attracted to, but knowing one doesn’t tell you about the other. Jennifer Boylan will press this issue next week with Cait, but Jennifer Boylan knows she's heterosexual while many transgenders are homosexual. But trying to press Caitlyn into coming forward with her sexual preference may be pointless if she herself just doesn't know. It sounds like it would be simple for us to understand what sexual orientation she has, but it's just not that easily defined with transgenders.

• Love 4

So here goes: Cait has said when she was known as Bruce she was always attracted to women. But did she mean that she was a woman presenting as a man while being a lesbian when she was attracted to women? In that case, if she's attracted to women now, that would mean she's gay now, and always has been. 

Are we supposed to accept that Candis is attracted to Cait as a woman? Since she's only known her for a few weeks, is she suddenly falling in love with Cait's womanliness now? Jen Boylan said Cait was in a "pink cloud" or was it "adolescence" (I can't remember the term, only that it implied Cait was very early into her transition.) It seems a little soon for anybody to be falling in love with anybody right now. 

Caitlyn has said a few times "I just don't know" and she's probably being truthful. Gender identity and sexual orientation are two completely separate characteristics. One is what gender we see ourselves as being.The other is what gender(s) and sex(es) we are physically and romantically attracted to, but knowing one doesn’t tell you about the other. Jennifer Boylan will press this issue next week with Cait, but Jennifer Boylan knows she's heterosexual while many transgenders are homosexual. But trying to press Caitlyn into coming forward with her sexual preference may be pointless if she herself just doesn't know. It sounds like it would be simple for us to understand what sexual orientation she has, but it's just not that easily defined with transgenders.

I thought Jennifer Boylan said she was attracted to women before, and still is. So doesn't that mean she's a lesbian, and not a heterosexual? I'm confused.

• Love 1

So here goes: Cait has said when she was known as Bruce she was always attracted to women. But did she mean that she was a woman presenting as a man while being a lesbian when she was attracted to women? In that case, if she's attracted to women now, that would mean she's gay now, and always has been. 

Are we supposed to accept that Candis is attracted to Cait as a woman? Since she's only known her for a few weeks, is she suddenly falling in love with Cait's womanliness now? Jen Boylan said Cait was in a "pink cloud" or was it "adolescence" (I can't remember the term, only that it implied Cait was very early into her transition.) It seems a little soon for anybody to be falling in love with anybody right now. 

I thought Jennifer Boylan said she was attracted to women before, and still is. So doesn't that mean she's a lesbian, and not a heterosexual? I'm confused.

Gender identity and sexual orientation are two completely separate characteristics. One is what gender a person is physically and the other what sex they are romantically attracted to. Jen Boylan has transitioned to the female gender, but she has always been sexually and romantically attracted to women. You could say that Jen Boylan is lesbian but that's not correct. They may have been born with the wrong body, but their mind is still the same.

This is how one transexual (a situation very similar to Caitlyn) defined herself  "I am a trans pansexual currently in lesbian relationship"

pan·sex·u·al

adjective: pansexual; adjective: pan-sexual

1. not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity.

My mind is about to explode trying to figure that one out

Tim-and-Eric-Space-Explosions.gif

Edited by HumblePi

From what I see, the whole Candis thing is a reality TV/tabloid moneymaker; I don't see any kind of attraction there at all, although they do seem to have fun and enjoy each others company as colleagues doing a show together.  (BTW HumblePi - I WAS curious so thanks for the pic :)

Once again I smelled editing shenanigans - this time with poor Sergio.  As someone who never watched the K's - is he a real friend, or just a dude who owns a hobby shop Caitlin patronizes?  Also, in the past would she have used terms like "has a boo-boo"?

• Love 3

Cait gets the soft focus treatment, but her friends do not.  We see every pore, pimple and crown, but Cait looks blurry, almost dreamy at all times.  I think they go overboard with her.

Saintly haze.

• Love 6

From what I see, the whole Candis thing is a reality TV/tabloid moneymaker; I don't see any kind of attraction there at all, although they do seem to have fun and enjoy each others company as colleagues doing a show together. 

Oh, most certainly it's for the show.  Candis said she's only attracted to guys. But she's effervescent, pretty and comfortable in her skin, so the show really needs her.

• Love 4

I read that Candis transitioned in her early 20s - still young enough to have some "baby fat" under skin. I know she's had plastic surgery, but being so young her skin still looks very soft.

Caitlyn has had so many procedures over the years, and since she (and I!) are both senior citizens now our skin doesn't heal as quickly, and it's hard to recapture the dewy skin of youth. Thus, her face needs the gauzy lenns cover for her close-ups.

I thought I looked pretty good last week when I dressed up for a dinner date, till my boyfriend said, "You know, you look like your mother." Oy.

• Love 4

Did I miss something? I turned the show on a few minutes late. I saw the visit with Scott, Sergio, and all the rest.

But I didn't see the segment where Kris visited and cried while talking to Caitlyn. Hollywood Life had an article, dated today and called a "recap" of the show,  saying this segment would be on the August 23rd I Am Cait show. I read reviews of tonight's show in several tabloids and not a single one of them said anything about Kris appearing on tonight's show. Only Hollywood Life. Was the Kris segment originally scheduled to be on the 8-23 show, and they decided to hold it for another show, and forgot to tell Hollywood Life? Or did HL just screw up? Or did I just blink and miss it, and HL was the only tab who reported on Kris' appearance?

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/08/23/i-am-cait-kris-jenner-caitlyn-jenner-youre-not-sensitive-diss-vanity-fair/

‘I Am Cait’: Kris Jenner Slams Caitlyn ‘You’re Not Sensitive & Amazing’

Sun, August 23, 2015 9:00pm EDT by  Chloe Melas

Caitlyn Jenner and Kris Jenner finally meet for the first time on the Aug. 23 episode of ‘I Am Cait,’ and it’s not easy. The exes get very emotional and Kris cries as she confronts Caitlyn for dissing her in ‘Vanity Fair.’

Kris Jenner, 59, and Caitlyn Jenner, 65, are finally hashing things out and it’s difficult to watch. The former husband and wife can barely even sit across from each other during the Aug. 23 episode of I Am Cait, and it’s very sad to see. Kris tells Caitlyn that she was devastated when she read Cait’s Vanity Fair interview and shocked to read the things she said about her and their family.

“You’re sensitive and amazing to all these new people in your life but you’re just not sensitive and amazing to the family you left behind,” she cries. “”When you feel like you gave your whole life to somebody,” Kris cries. “And the sum of it all was you were a distraction.” But Caitlyn doesn’t see it that way and refuses to apologize.

Caitlyn says: “I try to do what I can. Be nice, reach out. You have to see it from my perspective. Be an ally when it comes to dealing with the kids,” Cait also gets choked up about Kylie Jenner and Kendall Jenner and says: “Don’t go there. This is not the issue. I was defending myself. It was a distraction from who I was. It doesn’t mean I didn’t love you or the kids.” Wow, that was intense!

Caitlyn Jenner Takes Candis Cayne To NYC

The rest of the episode was full of Caitlyn and Candis Cayne. On last week’s episode Candis invited Cait to have a sleep over and this week they fly to NYC to celebrate Pride Week. It’s clear they really care about each other, they even go to a broadway show! But we also get to see how Candis supports Cait before the ESPYs where she was awarded the Arthur Ashe Courage Award and she even gets to meet Boy George!

Another sort of shocking moment is when Cait slams Kim Kardashian‘s ex-husband, Kris Humphries for making fun of her transition. “Did you hear what he did after the Diane Sawyer piece? Kris, idiot Humphries, tweets ‘thank God I got out of that family in time,'” Cait tells Scott Disick. “And just got absolutely ripped, oh just ripped. To which four hours later he had to give an apology.”

Cait also addresses how Kourtney Kardashian is doing now that she and Scott are broken up: “Is she doing OK? She’s doing as well as she can do under the circumstances,” Cait says. “It’s obviously very tough on her. Obviously Scott has a lot of issues and she’s trying to deal with them the best she can. She’s got three kids with him…She’ll be OK. Relationships aren’t easy.”

One thing I did see and did notice: that part where Cait was supposed to call Kris Humphries an "idiot" for tweeting he was glad he got out of the family when he did.  That "idiot" remark was widely reported all last week in the tabs, from film clip previews provided to them by E network. But in the show tonight, they edited out the word "idiot." Hmmm. Reaction to the bad publicity? People had been criticizing Cait for calling KH an idiot.

Hollywood Life also said nothing in their show recap about the segment with Sergio and the toy helicopter. Sounds like they were working from an outdated press release about what would be on the 8-23 show.

Edited by Coffeecup

The previews that were shown last week for this episode showed Kris.  I suspect they edited out the Kris Jenner section and added in the Sergio piece instead.  Over the next few days, we may hear speculation as to why this was done.  I am not surprised to see that "idiot" was also edited out.  I get the feeling that this show is being edited based on audience reactions. 

• Love 4

Did I miss something? I turned the show on a few minutes late. I saw the visit with Scott, Sergio, and all the rest.

But I didn't see the segment where Kris visited and cried while talking to Caitlyn. Hollywood Life had an article, dated today and called a "recap" of the show,  saying this segment would be on the August 23rd I Am Cait show. I read reviews of tonight's show in several tabloids and not a single one of them said anything about Kris appearing on tonight's show. Only Hollywood Life. Was the Kris segment originally scheduled to be on the 8-23 show, and they decided to hold it for another show, and forgot to tell Hollywood Life? Or did HL just screw up? Or did I just blink and miss it, and HL was the only tab who reported on Kris' appearance?

Yes, thankfully a Kartrashian free show even though last week's previews were all about Kris showing up.    I don't know when they cut Kris out but my onscreen guide didn't mention her - only that Scott was stopping by and Cait was worried about meeting her guy friends and then she was headed to NYC. 

I noticed tonight they couldn't stop at just tons of hand shots - there were mulitple shots of Caitlyn's footwear/feet too.  I think the director or cameraperson or whoever either has some sort of hand fetish or else thinks that makes it look arty, lol. 

Loved seeing Patricia Fields!!  I only knew her name from SATC so it was cool to hear some of her history and see her shop. 

• Love 2

Sometimes the previews at the end of the show say something like "this season" instead of "next week." My guess is that the Kris stuff was not cut out but will be shown at some later date. We shall see.

• Love 3

From what I see, the whole Candis thing is a reality TV/tabloid moneymaker; I don't see any kind of attraction there at all, although they do seem to have fun and enjoy each others company as colleagues doing a show together. (BTW HumblePi - I WAS curious so thanks for the pic :)

Once again I smelled editing shenanigans - this time with poor Sergio. As someone who never watched the K's - is he a real friend, or just a dude who owns a hobby shop Caitlin patronizes? Also, in the past would she have used terms like "has a boo-boo"?

That's what I consider Caitlyn trying to be flirty. Someone should tell her that her guy friends will be put off by that very quickly. They don't want to even think she's coming on to them.

• Love 1

I wonder if the Kris stuff somehow made Caitlyn look bad, so they took it out in light of the charges that just came out.

And OMG the clothes Caitlyn was picking out for herself at that boutique! Be thankful she has a stylist!!

• Love 3

Cait gets the soft focus treatment, but her friends do not. We see every pore, pimple and crown, but Cait looks blurry, almost dreamy at all times. I think they go overboard with her.

I totally get the "Barbara Walters cheesecloth & Vaseline" lens for Caitlyn, but why oh why was poor Chandi shot so unflatteringly this episode?! Super shiny, with a huge pimple—she looked straight out of a "before" photo in a Proactive commercial.

Also, Candis's "show" looked like it was midday at a Holiday Inn banquet hall. One guy (who refused to sign a release, so his face was blurred out), sat like a log whilst everyone else was cheering.

In the preview, when JBo tried to ask Caitlyn if she's a woman who's sexually attracted to women, I wondered if Cait would scream, "Don't go there!" Or is that something she reserves for family?

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 4

Drunk, womanizer, shopaholic. True or not I still like Scott better than any members of the Kardashian family and their extended clan!

Got to agree with you here.. for all his many failings, he has a heart. I can see why Kourtney has stuck by him for so long. If he ever gets a real grip on his demons, he'll make the best partner/father of all.    

• Love 5

I think Caitlyn would find it easier to socialize with her "guy friends" if she kept the glam to a minimum. Most men would find it jarring to see their friend change so dramatically...maybe if she toned down the makeup and put the hair in a ponytail and wore clothes that didn't cost $5000 a piece, her friends could see that "hey, it's the same person," and maybe more gradually introduce the glitz. Guys aren't into glitz, bless their hearts. :-)

• Love 6

The selection of her name, 'Candis Cayne' conjures up mental images of what Candis Cayne was. She was(is) a drag queen who used to perform in a gay boys bar in Chelsea, NY. She is most definitely homosexual and I think Caitlyn's friendship with Candis will associate Cait with that sphere of sexuality to most onlookers. Candis was born a male but identified as female and transitioned to a female physically. But she has always been sexually attracted to men. That doesn't make her a lesbian it makes her gay. Caitlyn was born a male and also identified as a female mentally but I don't think she's sexually attracted to men as Candis is.

I think the real answers as to Caitlyn's true sexuality would have to come from her 3 former wives. They're the ones that know the real story. Lights on or off, going North or South, front or back. Yeah I know that's getting personal but the manner in which they enjoyed sex is the true tale of sexual gender preferences. I think Caitlyn Jenner is heterosexual but the problem for Cait is that most people will associate her transition with being gay and I don't believe she is.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2

Candis was born a male but identified as female and transitioned to a female physically. But she has always been sexually attracted to men. That doesn't make her a lesbian it makes her gay. Caitlyn was born a male and also identified as a female mentally but I don't think she's sexually attracted to men as Candis is.

Candis is a woman who is attracted to men. That makes her straight, not gay. To refer to trans women as "gay" if they like men is inaccurate and very confusing for the discussion.

• Love 7

I felt bad for Sergio.  He clearly (to me) seemed uncomfortable with Caitlyn, which is ok.  It's different and new and not everyone is going to be accepting (not to say he wasn't) from the bat.

Loved Candis' dad, Peter I think it was.  He seemed so happy for his daughter.

Gender identity and sexual orientation are two completely separate characteristics. One is what gender a person is physically and the other what sex they are romantically attracted to.  Jen Boylan has transitioned to the female gender, but she has always been sexually and romantically attracted to women. You could say that Jen Boylan is lesbian but that's not correct. They may have been born with the wrong body, but their mind is still the same.

This concept is very confusing to me.  If Jen was born in the wrong body as a man, but she always identified as female doesn't that make her female?  So, as a female if she's attracted to women wouldn't that make her a lesbian.  I understand labels are troublesome and not always necessary, I'm just trying to understand so I don't say something incorrectly that might hurt someone's feelings.  I'm not sure I understand how Jen could be considered heterosexual.

• Love 2

This concept is very confusing to me.  If Jen was born in the wrong body as a man, but she always identified as female doesn't that make her female?  So, as a female if she's attracted to women wouldn't that make her a lesbian.  I understand labels are troublesome and not always necessary, I'm just trying to understand so I don't say something incorrectly that might hurt someone's feelings.  I'm not sure I understand how Jen could be considered heterosexual.

She isn't heterosexual...it seems like HumblePi believes that trans-woman sexuality falls under the umbrella of "drag queen" sexuality, which it most certainly does NOT. Drag queens play with gender, trans women live it.

I felt bad for Sergio.  He clearly (to me) seemed uncomfortable with Caitlyn, which is ok.  It's different and new and not everyone is going to be accepting (not to say he wasn't) from the bat.

Agree totally! And it must be tough to see your friend as a woman now, and hey, here's a camera crew coming to your place of business, so make the perfect faces and say the perfect things so that it doesn't negatively impact your shop's bottom line. It could be that the whole "you're on TV" thing bugged him more than the transition. I never watch KUWTK so I don't know if he's ever been on there. Poor Sergio. He got kinda screwed.

• Love 4

The selection of her name, 'Candis Cayne' conjures up mental images of what Candis Cayne was. She was(is) a drag queen who used to perform in a gay boys bar in Chelsea, NY. She is most definitely homosexual and I think Caitlyn's friendship with Candis will associate Cait with that sphere of sexuality to most onlookers. Candis was born a male but identified as female and transitioned to a female physically. But she has always been sexually attracted to men. That doesn't make her a lesbian it makes her gay. Caitlyn was born a male and also identified as a female mentally but I don't think she's sexually attracted to men as Candis is.

I think the real answers as to Caitlyn's true sexuality would have to come from her 3 former wives. They're the ones that know the real story. Lights on or off, going North or South, front or back. Yeah I know that's getting personal but the manner in which they enjoyed sex is the true tale of sexual gender preferences. I think Caitlyn Jenner is heterosexual but the problem for Cait is that most people will associate her transition with being gay and I don't believe she is.

Candis Cayne doesn't seem like a person Jenner would have been friendly with prior to transition.   Both individuals come from different backgrounds, have different life experiences, Jenner has come off as somewhat homophobic on occasion, and there's a 20-year age gap.

The contrasts between Candis and Caitlyn call to mind Blanchard's controversial theory of transsexualism.  From Wikipedia:

Blanchard divided trans women into two different groups: homosexual transsexuals, whom Blanchard says seek sex reassignment surgery to romantically and sexually attract (ideally heterosexual) men, and "autogynephilic transsexuals" who purportedly are sexually aroused at the idea of having a female body.
Edited by millennium

Another sort of shocking moment is when Cait slams Kim Kardashian‘s ex-husband, Kris Humphries for making fun of her transition. “Did you hear what he did after the Diane Sawyer piece? Kris, idiot Humphries, tweets ‘thank God I got out of that family in time,'” Cait tells Scott Disick. “And just got absolutely ripped, oh just ripped. To which four hours later he had to give an apology.”

It sounds like she gets off on the idea of people being publicly shamed on her behalf.    Must be quite an ego trip.

• Love 4

How could I have forgotten the weird Jeff Dunham namedrop? Or Cait being surprised that the trans men and women she's met are so "normal"? (That bugs worse than her calling them "they" rather than "we.")

I liked this:

We get footage of the Marriage Equality announcement being made. Cait interviews from her bed that while "the gay issue" is advancing, trans issues are probably 20 years behind. We haven't talked about Cait's electoral politics since that time she shat all over people who need government assistance to live, so I'm wondering if she's still feeling okay about the fact that she probably voted for Mitt Romney in the last election.

• Love 4

After the first episode I had such high hopes for this show.   Now, I'm so sad it's deteriorated into Caitlyn's obsession with hair and makeup.

And I am really tired of the fuzzy Vaseline lens when they show her face.  AND STOP with the close ups of her HANDS !   WTF?

• Love 4

Cait gets the soft focus treatment, but her friends do not.  We see every pore, pimple and crown, but Cait looks blurry, almost dreamy at all times.  I think they go overboard with her.

Except that one episode when she couldn't sleep and turned the camera on at 3am. That was pretty scary. No makeup, hair, designer clothes.  It's amazing what a glam squad and soft focus can do. 

• Love 3

How could I have forgotten the weird Jeff Dunham namedrop? Or Cait being surprised that the trans men and women she's met are so "normal"? (That bugs worse than her calling them "they" rather than "we.")

I liked this:

I saw an epi of KUWTK that featured a scene with Jeff Dunhan and Caitlyn before she transitioned. At least I think I saw it-- was never a fan of that show but would catch random parts of shows when channel surfing/bored.

• Love 1

She isn't heterosexual...it seems like HumblePi believes that trans-woman sexuality falls under the umbrella of "drag queen" sexuality, which it most certainly does NOT. Drag queens play with gender, trans women live it.

Agree totally! And it must be tough to see your friend as a woman now, and hey, here's a camera crew coming to your place of business, so make the perfect faces and say the perfect things so that it doesn't negatively impact your shop's bottom line. It could be that the whole "you're on TV" thing bugged him more than the transition. I never watch KUWTK so I don't know if he's ever been on there. Poor Sergio. He got kinda screwed.

Cait said on this episode that she was basically a loner before, she didn't fit in with either men or women. She played golf "alone" 95% of the time. So who are all these male friends that she's talking about? Did we ever see Sergio or hear his name before? Was he the guy who sold the helicopter to Cait in the episode in which Kris took his credit card and she had to go along with him to purchase the remote control toys? Was he even a friend of Cait's or just a storeowner with a wealthy celebrity client whose changing appearance was a curiosity?  The only other male friend was Jeff Dunham the comedian, the guy Brody and Brandon told Cait she was too clingy to .  He made a couple of appearances then disappeared.  I'd love to see the two Fred's from the Olympics reaction to her.

Cait is going to have an issue with any male friends I think, because she is craving compliments on her looks She gets all flirty with both the women and the men she meets. She's obsessed with her looks. And I thought she was over the voice thing, realizing how superficial it made her seem, but now I read she's going to have surgery to correct it. 

I suspect that the emptiness in Cait's life isn't going to be filled by working with the community. The Kardashians  aren't going to jump on board the LGBT train, Khloe looked bored as hell when Cait was talking about it, so they aren't going to be making appearances and hanging out with Cait, Candis and the other ladies. Right now she wants to keep one foot in each camp, that isn't going to work for long. I'm glad she enjoys her new home in the hills because I think she and Rhonda will be up there alone.   

• Love 4

Cait said on this episode that she was basically a loner before, she didn't fit in with either men or women. She played golf "alone" 95% of the time. So who are all these male friends that she's talking about? Did we ever see Sergio or hear his name before? Was he the guy who sold the helicopter to Cait in the episode in which Kris took his credit card and she had to go along with him to purchase the remote control toys? Was he even a friend of Cait's or just a storeowner with a wealthy celebrity client whose changing appearance was a curiosity?  The only other male friend was Jeff Dunham the comedian, the guy Brody and Brandon told Cait she was too clingy to .  He made a couple of appearances then disappeared.  I'd love to see the two Fred's from the Olympics reaction to her.

Cait is going to have an issue with any male friends I think, because she is craving compliments on her looks She gets all flirty with both the women and the men she meets. She's obsessed with her looks. And I thought she was over the voice thing, realizing how superficial it made her seem, but now I read she's going to have surgery to correct it. 

I suspect that the emptiness in Cait's life isn't going to be filled by working with the community. The Kardashians  aren't going to jump on board the LGBT train, Khloe looked bored as hell when Cait was talking about it, so they aren't going to be making appearances and hanging out with Cait, Candis and the other ladies. Right now she wants to keep one foot in each camp, that isn't going to work for long. I'm glad she enjoys her new home in the hills because I think she and Rhonda will be up there alone.   

I'm no expert, but it sounds like her personal fulfillment is dependent on the attention and praise of others, and especially reliant upon the presence of cameras.

How will Jenner define herself after the cameras and the hangers-on go away?   How many of her new "friends" will still be friends when there's no payoff of cash or publicity-by-association to be had?   Will Miley Cyrus still be calling? 

Maybe she can pal around with Norma Desmond.

• Love 2

I felt sorry for Sergio too. The look on his face was like "Holy shit!" But he recovered his composure, and spoke in a gracious way at the end of his segment. I was wondering what the hell Cait expected Sergio to say when she walked in and asked "How much did you miss me?" Is that the way Cait talked to Sergio and other male friends before the transition?

I didn't understand why the producers were trying to set it up so Sergio would go to Cait's house to repair the toy helicopter part. Were they hoping Sergio would agree to come inside the house, sit around having wine and cheese, and give Cait compliments? For that matter, do Los Angeles shop owners normally drive out to the boonies to make minor repairs on the things they sold to rich celebrity customers? It looks like Cait's house is way out of town. She was fussing about giving Sergio directions, so apparently Sergio had never been there.

I saw a lot of product placement in this show. (Not necessarily for Sergio's shop -- I think they just wanted his personal reaction to the new Cait.) They made a big deal out of the charter private plane provided by Danny from the Wheels Up company. First Rhonda mentioned the WU company name. Then they filmed Danny welcoming the three passengers to the plane. Filming inside the plane, they made a point of showing a pillow with the WU name on it. So I suspect WU may have paid a fee to be so prominently featured on the show.

Same with that ridiculously expensive New York hotel -- I can't remember the name, so if that was a product placement, it failed with me. Didn't somebody upthread say that the suite cost $2,000 per night? I thought that Cait staying in a place like that was just one more example of a rich person being out of touch with the rest of the world. The majority of travelers could never afford to stay in  such an expensive hotel. I think the high roller gamblers visiting Las Vegas are given suites like that for free by the casinos, to encourage them to come gamble some more (and hopefully lose all the money they previously won), but in ordinary circumstances  those super-luxury suites are out of reach for travelers. I didn't think Cait personally had to pay for the suite; the hotel either paid the product placement fee, or the cost was paid out of the show budget.

What is the I Am Cait show trying to be, another version of the old Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous? Private planes, luxury hotel suites, exclusive Malibu estate, luxury cars, limousines, designer clothes. Maybe it's just typical reality show excess (especially Kardashian-type excess), showing the mass market worker bees how the other half lives.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 4

I can't help it. I adore Scott Disick. He is a selfish idiot of the highest order, and yet I find him charming as hell. I mean, I would never want to be in a relationship with this fool, but admiring his dumbass from my living room is very entertaining.

• Love 13

I felt sorry for Sergio too. The look on his face was like "Holy shit!" But he recovered his composure, and spoke in a gracious way at the end of his segment. I was wondering what the hell Cait expected Sergio to say when she walked in and asked "How much did you miss me?" Is that the way Cait talked to Sergio and other male friends before the transition?

I didn't understand why the producers were trying to set it up so Sergio would go to Cait's house to repair the toy helicopter part. Were they hoping Sergio would agree to come inside the house, sit around having wine and cheese, and give Cait compliments? For that matter, do Los Angeles shop owners normally drive out to the boonies to make minor repairs on the things they sold to rich celebrity customers? It looks like Cait's house is way out of town. She was fussing about giving Sergio directions, so apparently Sergio had never been there.

I saw a lot of product placement in this show. (Not necessarily for Sergio's shop -- I think they just wanted his personal reaction to the new Cait.) They made a big deal out of the charter private plane provided by Danny from the Wheels Up company. First Rhonda mentioned the WU company name. Then they filmed Danny welcoming the three passengers to the plane. Filming inside the plane, they made a point of showing a pillow with the WU name on it. So I suspect WU may have paid a fee to be so prominently featured on the show.

Same with that ridiculously expensive New York hotel -- I can't remember the name, so if that was a product placement, it failed with me. Didn't somebody upthread say that the suite cost $2,000 per night? I thought that Cait staying in a place like that was just one more example of a rich person being out of touch with the rest of the world. The majority of travelers could never afford to stay in  such an expensive hotel. I think the high roller gamblers visiting Las Vegas are given suites like that for free by the casinos, to encourage them to come gamble some more (and hopefully lose all the money they previously won), but in ordinary circumstances  those super-luxury suites are out of reach for travelers. I didn't think Cait personally had to pay for the suite; the hotel either paid the product placement fee, or the cost was paid out of the show budget.

What is the I Am Cait show trying to be, another version of the old Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous? Private planes, luxury hotel suites, exclusive Malibu estate, luxury cars, limousines, designer clothes. Maybe it's just typical reality show excess (especially Kardashian-type excess), showing the mass market worker bees how the other half lives.

Way to be a spokesperson, Caitlyn.

• Love 1

Her sister Pam, also referenced Catilyn's male friends.  It could be that they do not chose to be on camera.  And not everyone plays golf.  I'm unclear why the Kardashians should be expected to "jump on board" the LGBT activist train.  Everyone has their own lives and they also live a good hour away from Malibu.  Whereas Brandon and Leah and Brody live closer by.

So here's the thing with Scott Disick. He was never, ever close with Cait. They didn't like each other at all. They just put up with each other. I know this because I have watched every episode of that stupid Kardashian show since before Scott and Kourtney even had any kids. He refused to conform to the Kardashian machine. This is why Scott was wondering why Cait chose him to come all the way to Malibu to talk. Because he knows it's a crock of shit, but hey, why not if he's getting paid. That's the beauty of Scott. He sees everything for exactly what it is, he knows he makes many stupid mistakes, he has demons to conquer, but he never makes excuses for the ass that he is.  

It's pretty clear that Sergio was not buddy's with Cait.  Cait was a customer at his shop. They bonded over Caits hobby but I don't think for one minute they ever spent any buddy time outside of that shop.  It was painful and pathetic to watch their interaction. 

I do love how Candis and the other ladies call Cait out on her shit. They don't let her get away with much of her high and mighty nonsense. It will get tiring for them after a while when they realize she's just not ever going to get it. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

I can't help it. I adore Scott Disick. He is a selfish idiot of the highest order, and yet I find him charming as hell. I mean, I would never want to be in a relationship with this fool, but admiring his dumbass from my living room is very entertaining.

Totes!

Jeff Dunham is an asshole racist, so he's certainly no friend to hope visits if you're in a situation where you're praying someone approves of a change to something like your gender. Because chances are Jeff is going to be an asshole about this too.