Type keyword(s) to search

S2 Ep.12 Wedding dress and shower and baby pictures, oh my

• Start Topic

Yes! The baby pictures were so odd. The baby was contorted in these different positions that did not look comfortable at all.

On another note, does anyone else think Whitney looks uncomfortable all the time? It could be because of the cameras, but she always had this weird perma- smile on her face. It seems as if she was throughly brainwashed.

Alyssa put up another pic on instagram and she is wearing a tank top. I'm glad that her husband seems like he is not as strict as her parents.

I don't understand the modesty rule when both the boys and girls wear tight clothes? The older boys, Nathan and Lawson, wear super tight pants and shirts. The girls also wear tight skirts.

• Love 2

Those photos were way too close to Anne Geddes' schmaltzy "baby in a flower pot" style, but Erin was clearly a fan.  She must have called a photographer the minute she got home from the hospital!  Oh well, I suppose they get a pass because of everything they went through to have Carson, and at least Erin could joke about it.

The poofy ballgown looked better on Michael than any of the other dresses, but she was dead set against it.  I also thought the brown sash looked great and made the whole look a lot more interesting.  She ended up with something quite generic and forgettable.

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 4

Hey, I'm just impressed they allowed Carson to be naked. Baby Meredith Duggar is a month old and already wearing the constrasting color tshirt look underneath her clothes.

• Love 4

I'm proud of my daughter.  She waited until her daughter is 11.5 months old for the first professional photo shoot. It's being done as I type. :)  I, too, find the naked and contorted baby pictures too much to do to a newborn and too creepy to hang on the wall.  Take one yourself if you must have something like that.  Again, though Erin has some excuse to go a bit crazier than average. 

I wish Michaella had gotten something more like the dress in the store that she liked.  I think it would have looked much better on her than what she ended up with and perhaps the alterations wouldn't have been so obvious. 

• Love 4

One of the sisters (either Tori or Carlin....forget which one) said something like 'You look terrible!' or 'You look awful' when Michael came out in one of the dresses.  So, there's a way to be honest without being a total fucking bitch.  I guess people like that this family can freely express themselves (to some extent) but come on, Tori or Carlin.  Have some tact.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1

Those baby pictures are all the rage. My daughters friends have all subjected their newborns to them. And of course the girl babies have to have huge flower on their heads.

Newborns are lying in the womb exactly like they are in the pics. They are not uncomfortable, I promise. If they were, they wouldn't be sleeping peacefully. I think those pics are adorable. As for the naked pics, I'm a '60's baby and back then it was popular to put 6 month olds on their hands and knees naked! and photograph it. My senior year of H.S. the yearbook editor thought it would be a good idea to put the senior's baby pics of that pose on a page in the yearbook. Parents went along with it and voila! There we all are, in all our glory, for eternity. :-(

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 4

On another note, does anyone else think Whitney looks uncomfortable all the time? It could be because of the cameras, but she always had this weird perma- smile on her face. It seems as if she was throughly brainwashed.

She just looks happy to me - I don't think she looks brainwashed. On another note, I think it's really nice how close she is to the other girls. They refer to her as their sister.

I really wish Michael had purchased the dress she loved. I'm disappointed she didn't.

Every mother I know who has had a baby in the 3-4 years has done one of those newborn photoshoots. I think they're adorable. My friend is a newborn photographer and yes, the babies are nude in some shots, but it's not like a full frontal. I don't see the big deal. And the babies aren't uncomfortable - my friend is always telling me the babies fall asleep in the middle of the shoots because they are so comfy. I wish newborn shoots were a thing when I was a child - my parents couldn't afford a camera so I only have one picture from that time that the hospital took and gave to my parents. It would be nice to have more pictures.

• Love 3

I think Carson's nudie photo shoot was adorable.   I so prefer those to those with the babies holding a ball or a rose, or teddy bear.   He's a cutie.  I think newborns are comfortable in those scrunched up positions, as they'd recently been in the womb that way. 

• Love 2

One of the sisters (either Tori or Carlin....forget which one) said something like 'You look terrible!' or 'You look awful' when Michael came out in one of the dresses. So, there's a way to be honest without being a total fucking bitch. I guess people like that this family can freely express themselves (to some extent) but come on, Tori or Carlin. Have some tact.

I loved when Whitney said "You're beautiful but I don't like the dress." That girl is genuinely sweet and classy. (That being said, I normally love the Bates girls' sass.)

• Love 7

I'm surprised some people are not familiar with newborn photos like that lol  That's all that's done around here.

You have to do them when the babies are fairly "new" because they're still super bendy for those positions. 

• Love 1

I would have thought that UP would pay for the dress she liked or rather that they would get it comped from the wedding dress store since the store was prominently featured on BUB and received all that free publicity.  Strange.

Edited by RedBaron
  • Love 2

I'm surprised some people are not familiar with newborn photos like that lol  That's all that's done around here.

I'm extremely familiar with the current fad infant photos.  I just don't like them. 

• Love 1

Re: baby shoots, people should just do what they want. Some people want their babies captured in the way Erin did and some do not.

UP is not a huge network so I imagine the budget for the show is relatively small. I wouldn't expect UP to pay for Michael's dress. I did think it was interesting that the store didn't just give Michael the dress or reduce the price, but the store is still a business.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

UP certainly had the  money to pay for the dress and stores routinely give freebies in return for publicity because it is clearly worth it to get national exposure.  I don't think either was the issue here.  I think the Bates were trying to show how rational and frugal Michael is and how she has higher priorities than spending big bucks on a wedding dress.  I have no doubt the store and UP could have come to an agreement if Michael really really wanted the dress.

• Love 1

I wonder if UP offered to pay and the Bateses said no. I feel like they would do something like that in order to be fair, both to the kids already married and to those who will marry after the show is over.

That being said, baby Carson is such a cutie. I'm a sucker for babies but I tear up every time I see Chad or Erin holding their little guy.

• Love 3

I wonder if UP offered to pay and the Bateses said no. I feel like they would do something like that in order to be fair, both to the kids already married and to those who will marry after the show is over.

Very good point. That's pretty likely. Kelly and Gil seem like the type of parents who would be worried about being fair to all of the kids.

• Love 2