Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Don't know if "live" episodes are good, especially when they bust up DVR schedules. That's what On Demand is for. I got TNS running right now, and I'll follow that up with @Midnight.

My dream scenario is Trump losing all fifty states and getting punched in the balls by Rosie. Having her narrate his video? Awesome. Ranks up there with Stephen Colbert narrating Dubya's 2004 video, the over-the-top Obama intro in 2008 ("Every time he speaks, an angel has an orgasm"), and the follow-up in 2012 from Larry David. Oh, and the brutal takedown on John McCain that channeled Jon Stewart's disdain. Is there  "go-to" place to see all of those clips?

ETA: Wasn't Dumb Donald a Cosby Kid? Would Trevor have to pay Larry Wilmore royalties for that?

• Love 4
On 7/21/2016 at 2:57 PM, redfish said:

I know that there's a growing movement/mentality that believes that but since when does money=morality?

Prosperity Theology has been a thing since the late 19th century. It's just been possible to mostly ignore it unless a TV evangelist got so out of hand as to gain publicity. See also: Did Christianity Cause the Crash?, an article about the modern relationship between faith and finance.

Interesting, seems like there were some differences between what the east and west coast got.  For one, ours aired at 11 as normal, and until they showed clips from the speech, I didn't realize it was recorded live.  During the video, there weren't any technical glitches, nor was there any background from the audience or Trevor.  So clearly they just showed the original video without any technical glitches.  They also did a pretty good job of bleeping Rosie.  I couldn't make out what the swears were.

I liked last night's show. The bit with Jordan, Ronnie, Roy, and Hasan each getting scared and stockpiling guns was well done. The little joke with "Head and shoulders, knees and toes" -- "Knees and toes?" "Knees and toes." -- was cute. 

Trevor's segment on the black man who was shot as he tried to help his autistic client was also well done, though of course depressing. 

I was reading an interesting article today called When Did White Conservatives Stop Caring About Gun Control. Back in the 60's the Black Panthers walked around with guns in California, which was completely legal. Naturally, Repubs freaked out, and some gun control laws were passed. The final line of the article is "You can get white conservatives to enact gun laws in the United States, but it’s hard to do if the face of gun rights isn’t black." I've wondered what would happen if lots of black men open-carried in places where that's allowed, I mean really being bold about it. Of course I wouldn't want anyone being shot, but I wonder if something done on a really big scale would make white people think about their hypocrisy. 

What the Actual Fact was good, though much too short to cover all the lies. I loved the line "Trump says LGBTQ like he's reading off an eye chart."

Hasan's segment was also good. Trump supporters say they love him because he says what he thinks and he'll do what he says but he says some things that he doesn't really mean and you never know what he's going to do. Well, THAT'S reassuring.

• Love 3

Honestly, I think most Trump voters are ignorant. I mean, it's nice Hassan found people who don't think Trump will kick muslims out, but the paradox makes my head explode. 

• Love 2

I thought Trevor did a great job on the Charles Kinsey story - I liked his remark that it was actually kind of refreshing to have a cop admitting he didn't know WHY he shot the unarmed Black man instead of trying to spin it, and the analogy with airline pilots was pretty good.  "Quick, we have to stop someone from shooting themselves!  Grab your guns!" was fantastic, too.  Also, for all the insanity Trevor covered in that story, he didn't even mention that the cops handcuffed Kinsey and made him keep lying on the sidewalk for 20 minutes AFTER he was shot.

I loved the correspondents' game of fearmongering telephone.  Although they didn't mention it, it was actually similar to Trevor's point about how police shootings make people distrust the police, which in turn makes a few lash out at the police, which in turn puts the police more on edge, which in turn leads to more police shootings.  In both cases, you have this wind tunnel of fear and violence where the whole thing just keeps feeding itself, and I thought the correspondents did a great job depicting that crescendo of hysteria and digging in on all sides.

What the Actual Fact was good, although, like peeayebee said, too short.  I liked the point that the dramatic stand-down order at Benghazi only happened in the Michael Bay version, and that they mentioned the fact that Trump's big promise of protection to LGBTQ people only covers terrorism.

Hasan's field piece was equal parts excellent and crazy.  It was so bizarre to see Trump supporters pshaw the idea of a Muslim ban/registry, going, "Oh, he's not really gonna do it," or, "That's Trump - he just says things."  And then on the other hand, you had the "if he says he'll do it, he'll do it" and "you can never tell what he's actually gonna do" people, covering the full gamut of yes/no/maybe on the issue.  It was also really weird to have people hugging Hasan/voicing support for Muslims and then support Trump in the same breath.  Obviously, there are Trump supporters who ARE rabidly Islamophobic, or Trump wouldn't have made these claims, but for a lot of the people in this piece, I got the sense that they were like the lady who said she'd never really thought about it.  And that's CRAZY.  Their presidential candidate wants to bar over a billion people from the country solely on the basis of their religion, and they haven't given that any thought?  I'm also guessing that, for most of them, Hasan was probably the first Muslim they ever interacted with as a person, which also contributes to the problem - if they think about it at all, it's as an "issue," not as something that will affect the lives of actual people.

• Love 2

Hasan's segment was also good. Trump supporters say they love him because he says what he thinks and he'll do what he says but he says some things that he doesn't really mean and you never know what he's going to do. Well, THAT'S reassuring.

I think the problem those Republican delegates don't realize is that even if they don't believe Trump is serious, the supporters/voters that Trump panders to do believe that and that's why they're voting for him.There are some white supremicist supporters who don't think he's going far enough. Those are the ones he encourages/emboldens and that's a frightening thought.

I did love when Hasan asked that woman if she hated anyone and she said "No, except..." by saying the E-word she negated her previous statement altogether.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, redfish said:

I did love when Hasan asked that woman if she hated anyone and she said "No, except..." by saying the E-word she negated her previous statement altogether.

I was actually hoping she would say something like "No, except for that bitch of a daughter-in-law".  

Just have to say that Ronnie, Roy, Hasan, and Jordan are on fireee. If they got more screen time per episode, I would not mind. You could scrap the interviews/musical performances, their segments are more noteworthy.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, needschocolate said:

Given that she was at the RNC, I expected her to say "No, except for that lying Hillary Clinton"

I think that were she to have referred to HRC, it'd've been as "crooked" not "lying".  

@niklj - let's not forget Desi.  What the Actual Fact was great on Friday.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, fastiller said:

I think that were she to have referred to HRC, it'd've been as "crooked" not "lying".  

Oh yeah, it is "Lying Ted Cruz" and "Crooked Hillary Clinton."  

It makes me sad that there are so many people that would vote for someone stuck in fifth grade bully mode.  But I guess it explains why scammers still send out phishing emails - there are a lot of people out there with little to no common sense, who will be attracted to whatever or whomever is shiniest, loudest, orangest....

• Love 2
4 hours ago, fastiller said:

@niklj - let's not forget Desi.  What the Actual Fact was great on Friday.

Honestly, I've only been watching the remote segments so I didn't see it. I wonder why they didn't send all of them to the convention!

Desi was there, just not in that piece.  She was in the one on Tuesday night, dressed in riot gear because she was freaked about reporting on highly contentious politics in an open-carry state.  It was the same piece where Hasan was on the convention floor in whiteface and Ronny and Trevor argued over which of them was coming to kill the other's family.  I'm guessing the only reason she didn't get in on the correspondent segment on Friday was because she was doing What the Actual Fact the same night.

Last week when they aired a clip show, I didn't see the value in it. But now I'm realizing there are probably a lot of people who don't watch the show regularly, but tune in during convention weeks. A clip show is an opportunity to showcase their favorite stories to people who might not have seen them, and also helps them to get the word out to everyone that the show is new Tues - Fri instead of Mon - Thurs this week.

(edited)

... and still: another missed opportunity. Compared to Colbert, Noah's clip shows are weak tea. I wonder what he'll show the next days. The DNC is far less controversial than the RNC. Oh, wait, he could show the response by the wingnuts - there are always nuggets to be found ... ;-)

Edited by TVcritic
8 hours ago, TVcritic said:

... and still: another missed opportunity. Compared to Colbert, Noah's clip shows are weak tea. I wonder what he'll show the next days. The DNC is far less controversial than the RNC. Oh, wait, he could show the response by the wingnuts - there are always nuggets to be found ... ;-)

I actually enjoyed last night's clip show more than the RNC one. Maybe it's because his coverage of the Republican primary--especially Trump--was already so extensive that the clip show seemed redundant. For the Democrats, I'd actually forgotten some things--such as the other two people who initially ran against Hillary, Bernie, and O'Malley. 

His night 1 coverage was good. I liked that he addressed the Bernie voters, many of whom refuse to vote for Hillary. But who also say that they don't want Trump to be President. I liked that Ronny tried to explain the fallacy in their logic. But it fell onto deaf ears, unfortunately. 

I liked that Jordan and Hasan showed how easy it is to get people's cell phones and lap tops, but why were they destroying them? It was destructive and mean, and I didn't get the point of the "joke."

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Gurkel said:

I liked that Jordan and Hasan showed how easy it is to get people's cell phones and lap tops, but why were they destroying them? It was destructive and mean, and I didn't get the point of the "joke."

I very much doubt that the phones/tablets/laptops that were destroyed actually belonged to the people in question.  Or if they did, there must have been some sort of agreement (as in, these people were wanting to upgrade, or something like that).

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, fastiller said:

I very much doubt that the phones/tablets/laptops that were destroyed actually belonged to the people in question.  Or if they did, there must have been some sort of agreement (as in, these people were wanting to upgrade, or something like that).

Okay. I guess there were just some good actors in the bunch. Some of them seemed genuinely surprised or upset. But were Jordan and Hasan saying that destroying your electronics is the only way not to get hacked? 

I really liked the Bad, Good, and Ugly segment. My favorites: Roy (good). "19,000 emails and not one N-word. Can you imagine if e-maails were all black people had to worry about?"  And Michelle (Ugly): when she talked about Hillary snapping something in half when she found about another e-mail leak (but not the kitten. I don't like that image). But then she said Hillary hearing out about another email leak is like finding out you have another type of Herpes. Hilarious. 

13 minutes ago, topanga said:

But were Jordan and Hasan saying that destroying your electronics is the only way not to get hacked? 

Based on my cybersecurity expert faculty friend, yes. The solution to not having your info taken by someone or actually getting hacked is to completely stay off the internet. They all say that.

The thing about the Bernie or bust people: it's a little unfair to expect them to turn around seemingly instantaneously and be for Clinton. We're not voting today. It's only the first day of the convention. The better message would be to thank them for all their efforts and contributions, highlight their input into the platform, and give them some breathing room. Once Trump starts campaigning, it's going to sink in. 

• Love 1

The thing about the Bernie or bust people: it's a little unfair to expect them to turn around seemingly instantaneously and be for Clinton. We're not voting today. It's only the first day of the convention. The better message would be to thank them for all their efforts and contributions, highlight their input into the platform, and give them some breathing room. Once Trump starts campaigning, it's going to sink in.

I hear you and it's a fair point but I'll be honest, I'm a little concerned about how much many of them seem to really hate Hilary. I followed the 2008 election very closely from the Primaries and while yes, the Hilary supporters were disappointed when she lost the nomination to Obama and I remember some of them saying they weren't ready to let go after her concession speech, in which she gave her support to Obama, by the Convention, most of them were willing to back him.

Because while the Hilary supporters preferred her, I don't remember feeling like they hated Obama - they just thought Hilary was better qualified. Many of these Bernie supporters straight up HATE Hilary. And that is a problem. Again, we just saw what happened in England. Don't underestimate people's stubbornness and lack of foresight.  

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, ganesh said:

When I was listening to coverage from Monday, whenever a BoB person would speak about how hard done they felt, I was compelled to tell them that if they weren't at the convention to support the party's candidate that they should've stayed home. Probably less than generous on my part, but that's how I was feeling at the time.

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I hear you and it's a fair point but I'll be honest, I'm a little concerned about how much many of them seem to really hate Hilary. I followed the 2008 election very closely from the Primaries and while yes, the Hilary supporters were disappointed when she lost the nomination to Obama and I remember some of them saying they weren't ready to let go after her concession speech, in which she gave her support to Obama, by the Convention, most of them were willing to back him.

Because while the Hilary supporters preferred her, I don't remember feeling like they hated Obama - they just thought Hilary was better qualified. Many of these Bernie supporters straight up HATE Hilary. And that is a problem. Again, we just saw what happened in England. Don't underestimate people's stubbornness and lack of foresight.  

Since you followed '08 closely you can maybe answer this: when was it apparent that Obama had the nomination.  I ask because you note that "by the convention, most were willing to back him" and that the convention was a full month later (end of August).  Was there a similar timespan between Obama clinching by numbers and the DNC as there has been in '16 between Clinton clinching and this DNC?  If it was a longer timespan then they'd have had time to come to grips.

Edited by fastiller
“parties candidate” is not the proper way to show the possessive!!! I should totally know better.
  • Love 3

If it wasn't a set up and Jordan and Hasan really did smash people's actual smartphones and laptops, then I hope TDS properly compensates them.

I hope Trevor talks about Drumph's unbelievable comments about Russia hacking into the DNC's email server. What a treasonous thing he said.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, fastiller said:

When I was listening to coverage from Monday, whenever a BoB person would speak about how hard done they felt, I was compelled to tell them that if they weren't at the convention to support the parties candidate that they should've stayed home. Probably less than generous on my part, but that's how I was feeling at the time.

Since you followed '08 closely you can maybe answer this: when was it apparent that Obama had the nomination.  I ask because you note that "by the convention, most were willing to back him" and that the convention was a full month later (end of August).  Was there a similar timespan between Obama clinching by numbers and the DNC as there has been in '16 between Clinton clinching and this DNC?  If it was a longer timespan then they'd have had time to come to grips.

It was longer - Hilary conceded in June and the convention was in late August. But even before that, I just didn't get the sense of rage that I see with some Bernie fans. I mean it is possible I may just be forgetting these moments but I don't think so. Also, even if any of these people had been willing to be more accepting, that DNC email hack just blew that well out of the water. They're even more pissed now than they already were. 

• Love 2

Pew Research says 90% of Bernie supporters are supporting Hillary. I think the minority of holdouts are getting more coverage than their numbers would merit, for the same reason Trump got billions of dollars worth of free ads via media coverage even when no one thought he had a chance. I think most or all of the Bernie people will come around, and the ones who don't were probably not voting in previous years, either, or have always voted 3rd party.

If the destruction of electronics wasn't staged, I disapprove. You can't compensate for the hassle and lost data (especially the laptop). But if it was staged, I guess it shows how easy it is to have your info stolen, not only by hacking but by the old fashioned mugging. But at the same time, what are they advocating? That people not use mobile phones or computing? That we not try to have cyber security, since it's not 100%? Do they think the good done by computers and mobile phones is outweighed by the bad? Where would Black Lives Matter be without ubiquitous cell phone cameras? Would the Daily Show like to give up its technology? What was the point of the stunt?

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, ChelseaNH said:

Based on the emails, did the DNC actually do anything to Bernie's campaign?  I don't recall anyone questioning Bernie's belief in God, for example.

I suspect that this is a case of the party preferring Clinton to Sanders but not really doing anything to determine the outcome.

• Love 6

Re:  Jordan and Hasan breaking the phones et al (which I agree was definitely staged,) I don't think they were trying to say that having no technology is better than potentially opening yourself to being hacked.  I thought it was more of a sardonic, "Seriously - ANOTHER email scandal?  Okay, DNC, no more email for you!  Clearly, you can't be trusted with it!"  Less about the threat of hacking in general and more about people being irresponsible with how they set up their email (Hillary)/what they say in their emails (the DNC.)  Trevor's line at the end of that bit - about Hasan being arrested and Jordan getting a stern warning - was great.

The Bad, the Good, and the Ugly was a little mixed for me, but there were some great lines in there.  I loved Roy telling Trevor to give himself half a pat on the back over the "no N-words in the leaked white people's emails" thing, as well as Jordan getting so offended at Russia because interfering in other countries' elections is OUR thing.

Trevor's bit about the convention-goers' need to clarify their boos was funny, and I really liked the stuff about Michelle's speech, especially the parts about people cheering too soon on the "house built by slaves" and the RNC only being able to get a Michelle Obama tribute band.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, fastiller said:

I suspect that this is a case of the party preferring Clinton to Sanders but not really doing anything to determine the outcome.

I agree. Yes, this looks bad -- especially since the discussions were held in private then leaked. But are there any allegations of voter fraud or vote rigging? 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, ChelseaNH said:

Based on the emails, did the DNC actually do anything to Bernie's campaign?  I don't recall anyone questioning Bernie's belief in God, for example.

No they didn't. As the other comments stated, it was basically candid conversations between top DNC officials making it clear that they didn't think Bernie was their best chance to win the election. But to people already pissed off, that alone is enough in their minds. 

• Love 3

Plus, Bernie had never raised money for the Ds, ever. He didn't have to, he wasn't a Dem until last fall. To think the fundraising arm of the party is going to bestow their resources to him when it was never the other way around bespeaks a fundamental lack of insight into human behavior and group dynamics.

46 minutes ago, topanga said:

But are there any allegations of voter fraud or vote rigging? 

No, of course not. But the idea that saying mean things about Bernie behind his back = a 2.5 million individual vote differential suggests BoBers aren't thinking things through.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

...any of these Bernie supporters straight up HATE Hilary. And that is a problem. Again, we just saw what happened in England. Don't underestimate people's

I'm going to bet after enough of the general election campaign, and maybe when the debate rolls around, they might be like, uh maybe I'll just vote for Clinton then. 

1 hour ago, Victor the Crab said:

I hope Trevor talks about Drumph's unbelievable comments about Russia hacking into the DNC's email server. What a treasonous thing he said.

I'm talking about stuff like this. I think for most, there's a line where Trump is going to do/say something, and it's suddenly going to be real for them. GOPers are all in on holding their nose to vote for Trump because Clinton is the biggest criminal master mind of the modern political era. I think there'll be more the other way. 

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, ganesh said:

GOPers are all in on holding their nose to vote for Trump

Not all, this is from the local committeman where I live, on Huffington:

I will not contribute my name, my work or my character to an utterly indefensible cause. No sensible adult demands moral purity from a political party, but conscience is meaningless without constraints. A party willing to lend its collective capital to Donald Trump has entered a compromise beyond any credible threshold of legitimacy. There is no redemption in being one of the “good Nazis.”

I hereby resign my position as a York Township Republican committeeman. My 30-year tenure as a Republican is over.

Sincerely,

Chris Ladd

I suppose he'll vote for Libertarian Johnson, but who knows?

And, a Faux news contributor, and opponent of Hillary and Obamacare, Avik Roy, “believes the Republican Party has lost its right to govern, because it is driven by white nationalism rather than a true commitment to equality for all Americans.”

Edited by atomationage

Ok, there's a lot more GOPers who will hold their nose then Democrats at this point. I'm not seeing where those people are saying they aren't voting for Trump either. The voting demos on this election are going to be super interesting. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ganesh said:

I'm going to bet after enough of the general election campaign, and maybe when the debate rolls around, they might be like, uh maybe I'll just vote for Clinton then. 

I'm talking about stuff like this. I think for most, there's a line where Trump is going to do/say something, and it's suddenly going to be real for them. GOPers are all in on holding their nose to vote for Trump because Clinton is the biggest criminal master mind of the modern political era. I think there'll be more the other way. 

Your words to God's Flying Spaghetti Monster's ears!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, angora said:

Trevor's line at the end of that bit - about Hasan being arrested and Jordan getting a stern warning - was great.

I agree! And they trusted the audience to get what it meant, instead of belaboring the explanation-- so rare!

I really enjoy the team in a more consistent way these days than I used to near the end of Jon's tenure. I think they work together really well, and there is less of the field pieces where they send someone out to try to humiliate someone using a character, and more of direct interviewing where they challenge people directly, not with nonsense and theatrics, but with reasonable questions. If you can't answer a reasonable question, I think that's a much more useful thing to expose than how you react to someone acting crazy in the course of interviewing you.

I enjoyed Trevor trying to teach us how to separate a boo from an AAAAH! Shock vs horror. I love when he talks to the entire country in this way, from the point of view that we're basically a bunch of dummies.

3 hours ago, attica said:

But are there any allegations of voter fraud or vote rigging? 

There actually have been; I'm most aware of the allegations about the primaries in California, Massachusetts, and New York, but I believe there are similar ones elsewhere. I don't think I've heard anything to indicate they are associated with the wiki-emails directly, but I think the exposure of the bias has reinforced the anger that was already there over the direct fraud allegations. Before, people could argue about whether there was a bias, but now that the bias is out in the open, it is like vindication for people who have been upset about the more serious misconduct that's alleged.

On 7/22/2016 at 0:35 PM, ChelseaNH said:

There is a school of thought that financial success is a sign of God's favor.  Probably promoted by pastors who charge them for the privilege of belonging to a church which validates their sense of superiority.

Ahh...so that is where they get the idea that capitalism is Christian and socialism is not?

• Love 1

I think if you go back to what happened to the man in the WalMart in Ohio while walking around the store (which sells firearms) with a replica gun, that would be what would happen to blacks if they started extensively exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights.

• Love 3

TDS/Trevor Noah should call Trump, "Dumb Donald" from now on since Trump looooves reducing people to nasty nicknames.

Reminds of original Match Game with Gene Rayburn: "Dumb Donald was soooo dumb..." Audience: "How dumb was he?"

Of course destroying your devices or, better yet, staying off the internet is the only way to not get hacked. I thought that was common knowledge.

Trevor is killing it; I think he's doing a fantastic job with the election and TDS in general. I really don't understand the "he sux, I'm out" notion.

• Love 4

Trevor totally slammed it with the differences between Hillary Clinton and Cheeto Drumph, as well as Drumph's blowjob to Russia, as was shown with his bullshit comments about Russia co-ordinating the Wikileaks email dump. Trevor made the differences starkly clear, and voters need to wake the fuck up about what America and the world faces.

• Love 6

I think my favorite line tonight was 'of the two options, one is not an option', because, seriously.  One is not an option and the fact that half the country seems to think that he is, is scary.

When I heard what Trump said, the first thing I thought of was 'treason' and I cannot believe the Republicans are trying to excuse it.  Someone who takes the office of the presidency seriously would not say something like that and the fact that he doesn't realize that's not something he should have said, says everything you need to know.

• Love 3

As a lifelong Dem who loathes Hillary, even I know there is only one choice. Had Kasich gotten the nod, I would have voted for the Republican for the first time in my life (started voting in 1992). 

I hate seeing all this star power and incredible public servants at the DNC and realizing we are stuck with Hillary. 

As for the show, one of the things I hated about Jon was his false equivalence nonsense that got stronger and strong while Obama was president (a man Jon had little respect for while fawning over McCain). I love that Trevor is not afraid to just lay it all out there and say Trump is a lunatic.

And he's getting better at interviews. I really hope his ratings are good enough that he can stick around for a few years. 

Just a reminder - please discuss the show. Do not use this as a place to sound off about how you feel about various candidates or contests. We've been pretty lenient and let folks have some space, but going forward, if your post is less then 80% show related, it will be deleted without notification.

Talk about the show.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, sadiegirl said:

I think my favorite line tonight was 'of the two options, one is not an option', because, seriously.  One is not an option and the fact that half the country seems to think that he is, is scary.

When I heard what Trump said, the first thing I thought of was 'treason' and I cannot believe the Republicans are trying to excuse it.  Someone who takes the office of the presidency seriously would not say something like that and the fact that he doesn't realize that's not something he should have said, says everything you need to know.

I like it when Trevor's outrage overtakes his dimpled good nature. Like when he was talking about Donald Trump inviting Russia to hack America. He spelled it out in plain terms--yes, his statements were treasonous, and Trevor couldn't believe that a man who wants to be the head of the U.S. is inviting another nation to hack into its own national security system. 

• Love 3

Wow, that was glorious.  One of my favorite episodes in a while - I thought every segment hit it out of the park.  Great, great show.

I loved Desi's happiness that women have finally "edged out squirrels" in the presidential race and the general it's-been-too-long-in-coming feeling, with the list of other nations that came to this milestone before the U.S.  It's so insane that some newspapers accompanied their "historic moment" headlines with pictures of Bill.  WTH?  I also really liked the point that this is huge no matter what you think about Hillary, because I think, for some people, that fact that it IS Hillary is keeping them from recognizing that it really is something momentous, and it shouldn't be like that.  You don't have to like her or vote for her, but everyone should be able to acknowledge what an important day Tuesday was (the REAL Ladies Night!)

That graphic of Meryl Streep at the AIRBNB with all her Oscars in her suitcase cracked me up.

Trevor laying out the no-contest-level differences between Hillary and Trump was perfect.  The lifeboat comparison was great - it should NOT be hard to choose between them when one is on fire at the bottom of the ocean with a shark in it - and I thought the description of Trump wanted to be "America's racist landlord" was weirdly apt.

And Trump's comments about the Russians, oh my god.  Trevor's righteous anger and dumbfounded exasperation throughout that story was everything it should have been.  How can Trump even listen to himself when he talks?  Trevor's point about the word absurd not meaning "false," just "ridiculous," was really well-made, and I really like that the show keeps coming back to the threat Trump could pose as a dictator, with the reminder here that, if you vote in a dictator, you don't GET a chance to vote again and change it in four years. 

Lovely interview with Kirsten Gillibrand.  I enjoyed her comments about why she got into politics, as well as the importance of family leave.

• Love 5