Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Upon the March We Fittest Die

Shallow and late note: I like Irisa's new hairdo. Was there a plot point explaining the change?

I think there were other groups, such as The Animaniacs, beaming up to stop the Omec at the same time as the Defiance characters.  Due to a small transporter malfunction, Irisa Nolan's DNA is now fused with Minerva Mink's.

Edited by CletusMusashi

OK, now that I'm caught up with the season and forum, I've got to say that I am amazed. I didn't officially quit the show when Graham Greene left, but I had sufficiently less motivation to keep up with it that I only just these last two weeks or so caught up. And, holy crap!

While I do agree that the most of the Omec story could have been written by a fourth grader, I still think this was their best season yet. Because I will always take cheesey over boring, and, mixed in with the cheesey, we also had a shitload of great.

Back when I was sitting through all those boring-ass CGI robot battles and all that arkware cyberschtick, there was still just enough about the setting and characters that I liked to make me very, very slightly optimistic for more. I have been pleasantly surprised to see that patience rewarded this season.

Just to be clear, though: I did not tear up at all during this episode. Especially not during the scene where Datak realizes that Meh is about to sacrifice herself. And anyone who claims that they were looking through my window and saw otherwise is a complete and utter liar. And besides, I'd probably been using eye drops or something. Shut up. Move it along, people, nothing to see here...

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 6

So late to the party that the party (and the show) are over, but just watched what we now know was the series finale and really enjoyed it. I am surprised at how much I think I will miss it, but the character beats and resolutions in this episode were very moving and satisfying. I was weirdly moved by Stahma telling Amanda that she regrets that she can never be her friend - that was a nice bit of honesty on Stahma's part. Everyone went out on a nice note and I was moved by Datak freaking Tarr as well, of all people. I really will miss the characters and actors from this strange, colorful show. I feel like the show still had more to offer, but this was a well done end.

• Love 4