Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Legacy

If the Dome does come down, I'm pretty sure all of the lead characters will be going to jail for murder or some other crime.  Aktaion has lots of video of Big Jim killing people -- like Rev. Coggins -- and they probably have video of everyone else killing too.

The other IF is if they all survive. I could see everyone getting killed before the dome comes down.

• Love 2

Meanwhile, the funeral home has turned into the OK corral.  Big Jim has the heavy weaponry and is dropping redshirts like flies. 

Given Chester's Mills population, Big Jim presumably knew all of them. And he knew they were under the influence of something that was potentially curable.

That was some seriously cold blooded shit. 

• Love 2

I'm befuddled. If all that Hektor needs is Christine's DnA, just how hard is it to get it? He can kill her with a sniper shot and get her blood. Or whatever.

My other questions are more basic in nature, about why the government isn't trying harder to get the dome down. Can't they dig a tunnel underneath and get everyone out?

Why is there a one-way door? what happens if the door is opened from the outside and then held open so everyone can get out?

Oh, and I think that Patrick doesnt need food, drink, air, or bathroom breaks, bc he's become alien in nature. Do Christine and Eva  eat and go to the bathroom?

Christ, maybe I'm just an idiot, because I didn't understand half the stuff that was going on.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I will say one thing they need to keep Mike Vogel a nice guy in love with Raggedy Ann because he does not have the acting chops to be evil.

So agree.  Barbie looks and acts the same whether he's his normal self or being controlled by the Kinship.  No nuance at all.

Oh, and I think that Patrick doesnt need food, drink, air, or bathroom breaks, bc he's become alien in nature. Do Christine and Eva  eat and go to the bathroom?

I think Christine mentioned in a previous episode that her human body still needed water as Big Jim gave her a bottle through the bars of the cells they were placed in.

Nothing in this episode made any sense to me.  I guess that shouldn't be surprising but it seems like the show's coherence is deteriorating by the scene.

Them hoping we'll forget how much Julia has touched the egg and yet didn't go insane like this Patrick is a pretty big plot hole and retcon.  The whole Patrick thing doesn't make sense anyway.  He went bonkers immediately after just touching the egg briefly and started babbling about pink stars, yet Joe and Norrie had pink star seizures without having ever touched the egg if I remember correctly, and nobody went bonkers after touching it.  Why was Patrick floating in that cylinder?  He seemed to have regained some measure of lucidity but was fully taken over by the Alien Within, I guess.  How does that work?  Presumably he never had the chance to get stuffed into a cocoon.  I thought the cocoon gives you the Inner Alien, not just touching the egg.  WTH?

Stupid show for making me spend even 1 minute thinking about this.

• Love 3

Stupid show for making me spend even 1 minute thinking about this.

The show is like a stage magician who "turns himself" into another magician when the next trick is too hard for him to accomplish. I don't know if there is a point when filming when the show's producers get the word they are being renewed that leads them to switch logic around and try something different. But, it sure seems like they do that every week or so.

I won't even go into the amethyst. There's a huge supply under Chester's Mill? OK. That makes sense that aliens would want to settle there because of that.* But, that is a new aspect to the show that could have been at least mentioned when they began going underground (!!!!!!!) to try and escape. They had/ dug tunnels underground!!!! 

Abra Cadabra! POOOF!

*though I am not going to pretend why they need the amethyst. It is just awfully convenient that a purple-ish rock is needed after the egg was broken up and not before purple egg was broken. Someone just likes the way purple-ish rocks look, I guess.

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru
  • Love 1

To those of you wondering if not understanding what is going on makes you an idiot, the answer is no, you are not a idiot.  Not being able to make sense of what is going on is a sign that you are a rational thinker.  This show doesn't make sense to you because it doesn't make sense.  The idiots are the writers, directors and everyone else whose job it is to convey what is going on and have some logic or continuity to it.  If you were walking down the sidewalk and saw a man wearing a toilet seat for a hat and talking about how cows are made of pork and it is a sign that the world is run by fruit flies, you would not say to yourself, "Hmm, that makes no sense to me, I must be an idiot."  This show is the same sort of thing.   

In addition to having writers with selective short term memory loss (as in, they can't remember what they have written in past episodes), I think the direction the story goes is determined by what the people in control think is cool.  Someone saw one of many shows/movies where a character is suspended in a glass tube, so they added Patrick, and made up some nonsense about how he got there.  They also think fire is cool, because there have been way too many fires in Chesters Mill (and outside Chesters Mill).  A lot of the first two seasons seem to be driven by whatever special effects they thought were interesting (even though most of it has no long term effect) - cows cut in half, freezing temps, acid rain, glowing eggs, pink stars, contracting domes, huge underground tunnels, etc...  Almost everything that doesn't make sense on this show can be explained by "someone thought it would be cool or would be good TV to have it happen."

When Noorie took a shot and killed someone, her bloodthirstiness could be said to be for protecting Julia. But, she killed that woman as if the woman was a vampire that needed to be stopped. She didn't threaten the woman to keep her from alerting others, as she could have. [Though, I am surprised the woman tried to shout something instead of just whistling that creepy tune.]

Instead of threatening the lady, Norrie just [unbelievably, accurately shot and] killed her. I get that was expedient for the story. Heck, there was a mass grave right next to the lady. But, these people in Chester's Mill are vicious and often heartless and it is hard to feel sorry for any of them.

Good point.  There was no reason to kill her.  Julia's life was not in danger. The woman could be possibly "saved" as Joe and Norrie have both been saved.   Plus, Norrie couldn't be sure that the woman was even a threat to the resistance.  I was under the impression that Norrie shot her from a distance - too far to know if the woman was saying "Nyah, nyah, I going to tell on you" or "Please save me, these people are crazy!"  Maybe Norrie heard the woman yell, but shooting her after she yells is not going to stop the drones from coming.  Julia should have ran, but instead she just stood there very still. 

So why did Norrie shoot the woman and why didn't Julia run?  Because they wanted that classic moment where the heroine is in danger, and just as the audience thinks all might be lost, a shot comes out of nowhere. 

If the Dome does come down, I'm pretty sure all of the lead characters will be going to jail for murder or some other crime.  Aktaion has lots of video of Big Jim killing people -- like Rev. Coggins -- and they probably have video of everyone else killing too.

The other IF is if they all survive. I could see everyone getting killed before the dome comes down.

If the dome comes down, I predict that the members of the resistance, now including Barbie, will not pay for what they have done.  To the people in charge of the show, these people are supposed to be the heroes, and the only main characters that will be in trouble post-dome are Christine, Sam, Ava, and Junior.  If any of the last three become human, they might be get away with what they've done.  Although, I suspect there will be at least one who will fit the classic plot of bad guy redeems himself by sacrifices himself to save one of the heroes - Sam or Junior will turn human just in time to save one of the other humans, or Ava will sacrifice herself so the baby will live.  And if the show decides it wants a "surprise" ending, they will lead us to believe the baby has been cured but then, as they are about to load her into the carseat that magically appears in the Prius, we see that the baby has a pixelated reflection.   

I'm befuddled. If all that Hektor needs is Christine's DnA, just how hard is it to get it? He can kill her with a sniper shot and get her blood. Or whatever.

Why is there a one-way door? what happens if the door is opened from the outside and then held open so everyone can get out?

They can't kill Christine - she is one of the main characters. 

The red door leads to an entrance under the lake, so, if the door worked both ways, the lake would drain and how would they row the boats over to the island where all the hideouts are?  The real reason there is a one way door is because they needed a way for new actors (aka, the cast of ER) to join the show but still keep everyone under the dome, so they have to have a way in, but not a way out. 

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 2

How do all these fires magically go out by themselves? Does anyone remember the house fire in the first season that was a threat to burn down the entire town? Now people are setting buildings on fire on purpose and they apparently just burn for a little while then go out without harming anything else in the immediate area.

• Love 3

While that's not a bad gig if you can get it, I don't get how he believes he has so much power when Barbie is the one who had to sire the new queen. That sort of puts Junior lower on the totem pole, even if he is shlepping the cougar. He's nothing more than a concubine for her. Or a consort--whichever word is most appropriate.

In the world of bad jobs, concubine or consort would not be among them.  At least he's not a dead maiden.

How do all these fires magically go out by themselves? Does anyone remember the house fire in the first season that was a threat to burn down the entire town? Now people are setting buildings on fire on purpose and they apparently just burn for a little while then go out without harming anything else in the immediate area.

Yup, it used to be a big deal that the whole town had to pitch in to put 1 fire out.  Now it's nothing.

• Love 2

Remember when one of those tents caught fire and someone needed to be saved from that? Was there a bucket brigade? Or, did they just ridiculously have a tent fire and everyone around that (odd) tent city just stand around panicking until someone found the courage to open the tent to rescue the person who "couldn't" escape on their own?

• Love 1

Remember when one of those tents caught fire and someone needed to be saved from that? Was there a bucket brigade? Or, did they just ridiculously have a tent fire and everyone around that (odd) tent city just stand around panicking until someone found the courage to open the tent to rescue the person who "couldn't" escape on their own?

They didn't seem to care, maybe it was brainwashing (can't really tell the difference except for the worsening acting).

They didn't seem to care, maybe it was brainwashing (can't really tell the difference except for the worsening acting).

That's the way I took it but I think it would have worked better if they had chosen a bigger emergency or even a smaller one, like a dandelion growing in a crack of a sidewalk.

"LOOK!"

"What do we do?!"

"Someone call the fire department!"

"There all out of town at a parade! We're doomed!"

"We don't have time! It might not look like it but it's still growing!"

"No, stand back! I'll take care of it! Oh no! It won't budge!"

"Here'll we'll all pitch in! Form a line to help pull this thing up!"

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru
  • Love 2

That's the way I took it but I think it would have worked better if they had chosen a bigger emergency or even a smaller one, like a dandelion growing in a crack of a sidewalk.

"LOOK!"

"What do we do?!"

"Someone call the fire department!"

"There all out of town at a parade! We're doomed!"

"We don't have time! It might not look like it but it's still growing!"

"No, stand back! I'll take care of it! Oh no! It won't budge!"

"Here'll we'll all pitch in! Form a line to help pull this thing up!"

Yeah, but that would mean someone would have to care enough, even the writers can't be bothered.  Even before this kinship nonsense, they were already brain dead.

• Love 1

I couldn't help but notice that when Patrick was incoherent he was babbling about the "pink stars falling in lines."  Joe and Norrie (and maybe Junior, I don't remember) also saw the pink stars falling in lines, but were supposedly coherent (I know they had seizures, but they were nothing like the condition Patrick is in).  So help me, this better not mean that Joe and Norrie actually ARE in the same state as Patrick and everything that has happened is a Joe/Norrie hallucination.

• Love 2

So help me, this better not mean that Joe and Norrie actually ARE in the same state as Patrick and everything that has happened is a Joe/Norrie hallucination.

I hope not either, but otherwise, it's yet another retcon because they've been lucid enough for 3 seasons by this show's standards.

I couldn't help but notice that when Patrick was incoherent he was babbling about the "pink stars falling in lines."  Joe and Norrie (and maybe Junior, I don't remember) also saw the pink stars falling in lines, but were supposedly coherent (I know they had seizures, but they were nothing like the condition Patrick is in).  So help me, this better not mean that Joe and Norrie actually ARE in the same state as Patrick and everything that has happened is a Joe/Norrie hallucination.

If I remember correctly Joe and Fivehead had their seizures BEFORE they even found the egg and mini-dome.

If I remember correctly Joe and Fivehead had their seizures BEFORE they even found the egg and mini-dome.

Yeah, but the seizures had to do with seeing the pink stars.  So did they REALLY see the pink stars, or are they hallucinating them like Patrick?

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

So did they REALLY see the pink stars, or are they hallucinating them like Patrick?

For some reason it seemed to have stopped after happening a few times and it was treated as a minor occurrence and for some reason, it was much more serious for Patrick.

Another new character to care even less about.   Maybe I wasn't paying attention... so Eric Lasalle knows Patrick is alive but he is keeping it classified?  Because...?  

This show has no subtlety... That commando guy stupidly teaches one of the captives how to shoot and warns you can't go back from killing someone.  And Norrie does it in the same episode!  Who didn't predict that one.

Joe is so dumb it's not even funny.  He doesn't wait one millisecond after Sam walks away before he opens the window.  They even take time to kiss between the window bars.  It's not romantic when they're being so stupid.  Did Norrie learn nothing from her "rescue" of Mother?

Barbie doesn't question the dead body being carried away from Ava?  His concern over his "baby" totally bugs.  Try monster instead.

I had to laugh when Patrick started spewing out every dumb apocalyptic catchphrase the show has had since the beginning. 

Three more episodes and I will be done with this dreck forever.