Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Legacy

The Resistance, the citizens not under Christine’s control, join forces with an unexpected ally: Hektor Martin, the nefarious head of Aktaion. Despite Hektor revealing more about the Dome’s origins and helping to strike back at it, Big Jim and Julia still worry he will betray them. Meanwhile, Hunter receives encrypted files that give disturbing insights into the final effect the Dome will have on the infected townspeople.

Wow -- they finally updated Big Jim's voiceover during the intro.  It's now 4 WEEKS since the Dome came down.  And there's a WHOLE lot of retconning going on.

And Julia's power of twu wuv has freed Barbie from the Kinship.  For real.

Meanwhile, the funeral home has turned into the OK corral.  Big Jim has the heavy weaponry and is dropping redshirts like flies.  As the Kinship gains ground, Hektor Martin and Aktaion security forces are there to save the day.

Barbie and Julia make out among the dead bodies in front of the now empty funeral home.

Sam and Junior try to convince 'Joe' to help with bringing down the Dome, but since he won't help they beat the shit out of him.

Big Jim, Fivehead and Hunter along with the Aktaion team hold up in a house -- a lovely house that could have housed a couple of dozen people, but for some reason was sitting empty.

Big Jim and Hektor get into a pissing contest -- and Big Jim gets really easily disarmed.

Fivehead gets pistol lessons from one of the Aktaion security guys. Because why not ?

Hold on -- Lily (New Hunter) is part of the Aktaion security team.  Last we saw her she appeared to be in trouble -- so what the hell happened with her ?  She doesn't want to tell, but is a little flirty with Hunter.  Hunter tells her about some file he found in the download she sent.

Big Jim takes Hektor to the burnt house on Bird Island -- and spins a tale of lies about Dr. Frank Whaley.  But Hektor sees through Big Jim's bullshit and threatens to kill him.  So Big Jim cuts a deal.

I'm still trying to figure out why there is a jail cell filled with electronic equipment on the office level -- We already know that the jail cells are in the basement from season 1.  WTF ?  Barbie and Joe discuss escape, but Joe decides he has to build this device to save them all.

Hektor is getting Big Jim to infiltrate Town Hall and get a sample of Christine's DNA in exchange for the cure -- when Big Jim tries to beg off, Hektor says the security guys can do it since they are former SEALs -- and Big Jim says they would be up against 2000 people in the kinship.  Where the hell is he getting that number from anymore -- there were maybe 100 people in the cocoons in the tunnels.

Yet another former ER cast member (Paul McCrane) is playing Patrick, a friend of Hektor's that became infected by the egg and went insane from it -- spouting lines like "After the Queen is born, the war begins".  Poor infected Patrick is Lily's father -- ain't that convenient.  Patrick has been infected by an egg Aktaion found in Mexico.

Where were all the curtains in the barn last night ?  And why are all the handmaidens moving in slo-mo ?  Eva seems to be anxious about where Barbie is, but the mid-wife says its just the baby.  Charlotte --  the hottie that Junior really wanted but was denied -- is the first assist Eva with the Queen by placing her hands on Eva's stomach while a purple light glows and Eva's eyes turn solid black.

Fivehead visits Joe in the jail cell that for some reason has a window that opens -- he tells her what's going on, smooch, and Fivehead leaves Joe to his work.

Turns that Eva is sucking the life out of the handmaidens (two bad for Junior and his plans for Charlotte) -- Eva is now fully full-term in her pregnancy with the Queen.  Barbie spends some quality belly-rubbing time with Eva as Eva praises Christine.

Where the hell has Christine been all episode ?

Meanwhile, Junior has some redshirts digging up the ground around Julia's cabin to find her body since Junior doesn't believe that Barbie killed her.  Junior knows that Barbie is a traitor and he's going to go tattle on Barbie to Christine.  Oh nooesss !!!

Joe figures out that the stupid song the Kinship whistles activates the fragment of the egg.

Patrick cracks a file on the laptop and discovers that Lily's dad isn't dead.   And Hektor tells Lily that he promised her father he would keep her safe and will do all he can to keep the Dome from coming down.  Wait a tick, that makes no sense. If they don't asphyxiate, they are going to die of starvation.

Hektor's team wired the Red door with explosives so no one could follow them into the Dome.  I hope they brought a lot of food.

Julia spots a couple of redshirts throwing something into a hole -- and discovers the mass grave of the handmaidens.  Seriously, the death toll of redshirts this episode is impressive.  As Harriet the midwife goes to narc on Julia, Fivehead shoots her right in the forehead.  Julia spots Barbie kissing the now very pregnant Eva and gets a little bit jealous.

That's how the episode ends ? Man, that is just lame.

• Love 4

That's how the episode ends ? Man, that is just lame.

Yup, that and some convoluted retconning.

Yet another former ER cast member (Paul McCrane) is playing Patrick, a friend of Hektor's that became infected by the egg and went insane from it -- spouting lines like "After the Queen is born, the war begins".  Poor infected Patrick is Lily's father -- ain't that convenient.  Patrick has been infected by an egg Aktaion found in Mexico.

Back to spouting off terrible dome dialogue again.

Where the hell has Christine been all episode ?

I knew we were missing some nasty cougar action with Junior.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

I could not stop laughing over how fast Jim's head turned to the window, when he heard Indy's barking.  Indy really is the most important person/animal in his life.  If Indy and Junior were both on a sinking ship and the lifeboat could only fit one more, Jim would leave Junior to drown in a heartbeat.  And I heartily approve that choice.  Indy is the greatest! 

So, Eriq Le Salle is now actually here for good, and his character's name is Hektor.  He claims that he is here to find a cure for his buddy, Patrick (Paul McCrane, of all people.  Now that Falling Skies is about done, maybe Noah Wylie can show up and speechify the Kinship to death), who touched the egg first.  But he secretly doesn't want to bring down the dome, now?  And that Lillian girl from weeks back that Hunter is crushing on, is Patrick's daughter?  And apparently Hektor blew the red door entrance on their way out, so no one could come after them?  Christ, maybe I'm just an idiot, because I didn't understand half the stuff that was going on.  All the flashbacks were dull too: the best parts where when they ended, and Jim usually made a snarky remark ("So, your friend's an idiot..."

No, surprise, all those beauty queens Chester's Mills has, are having their lifeforce being sucked out by Eva, for the new queen and all that shit.  I've seen that on several different sci-fi type shows, and I guess it was foolishly of me to think this would be any different.  All I know is, when the baby comes out, this better be worth it.  But if she's has glowing eyes that can control people, then we'll know for a fact that the writers are just stealing from Extant of all shows.

Barbie and Joe are now undercover in the Kindship in order to try and bring the dome down, but since Hektor is claiming that they are only "dormant" and will fall back under soon, I'm guessing that Julia and Norrie are going to think they turned again, and will somehow screw everything up.  Because, at least on this show, Barbie and Joe are taking the closest thing to a smart approach to their situation.  Of course, since Barbie kept antagonizing Junior, he's now looking into him, and will probably figure out his game soon.

Well, at least it wasn't as bad as last week, but seriously, even by this show's standards, it's been a bust so far.  And I really think this show is more then capable of sinking even lower these next three episodes and, heaven forbid, CBS actually renews the damn thing.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 6

I could not stop laughing over how fast Jim's head turned to the window, when he heard Indy's barking.  Indy really is the most important person/animal in his life.  If Indy and Junior were both on a sinking ship and the lifeboat could only fit one more, Jim would leave Junior to drown in a heartbeat.  And I heartily approve that choice.  Indy is the greatest!

Can you blame him?  XD.

But if she's has glowing eyes that can control people, then we'll know for a fact that the writers are just stealing from Extant of all shows.

It's in the promo and yes, they are that unimaginative to take Extant's rejected leftovers.

Well, at least it wasn't as bad as last week, but seriously, even by this show's standards, it's been a bust so far.  And I really think this show is more then capable of sinking even lower these next three episodes and, heaven forbid, CBS actually renews the damn thing.

They might, there doesn't seem to be any end in sight and I've gotten tired of this show this season especially if the dome really is gone by the end of the season like it seems like it might.

Edited by Free
  • Love 2

You may be wondering if all of the people over forty are played by ER alumni. The answer would be, almost!

Sherry Stringfield, Eric La Salle and Paul McRane were main cast members. But Dean Norris, Marg Helgenberger and Aisha Hinds also had appearances on the show.

When they showed Paul McRane's character strapped to the gurney and turning blue, all I could think about was this.

When they showed Paul McRane's character strapped to the gurney and turning blue, all I could think about was this.

I wish this should could've been this entertaining instead of this lame, cliched alien/Aktion plot.

Was there a sale on gauze at Dollar General?  Fuck.  This show makes CSI: Cyber look like Shakespeare.

It does makes most shows look better by comparison.

• Love 1

Julia seriously had no problem fast-peddling bullshit about how the dome works - Nori is like "if this stuff really is like an infection we should go get joe so he can be cured..." And Julia's like "nah. He's fine" and Nori's like "but Sam relapsed" and Julia replies "But Joe is strong (and vaccines cause autism :snark:)"

I'm not saying she's wrong to doubt the good intentions of Actaeon, but she also has no reason to think she has any idea what'll permanently cure these coccoon folk.

I haven't finished the episode yet, but i'll be super disappointed if they don't ultimately get their DNa sample for Christine off of Junior's, um, nether bits.

• Love 2

I'm not saying she's wrong to doubt the good intentions of Actaeon, but she also has no reason to think she has any idea what'll permanently cure these coccoon folk.

She has no idea at all and neither do the writers.

Now we got eggs infecting people despite the fact people were touching the egg in the previous seasons.

Edited by Free
  • Love 3

Now we got eggs infecting people despite the fact people were touching the egg in the previous seasons.

For example, Julia took the egg to the lake and dropped it in -- and she never became infected while holding it.

• Love 3

"Just let your soooooooooouuuuuuuuuuul gloooooooooo!"

OK, just had to get that out of my system.

Priceless, now I am picturing him with that awful Jheri curl.

So if I was paying enough attention to this ridiculous episode Aktion blew up the red door so that's no longer an escape route. But if that was still a way out up until now why did they idiots in Chesters Mill not go back out that way? And if Ava, Sam and them can see their true alien selves in mirrors can they look and see Barbie is not part of the kinship anymore?

See this show is making me so dumb I can't even keep up with plot lines that change for no reason. Its like the writers are sitting around saying that didn't go anywhere so let's try this, it's okay no one expects ths crap to make sense anyway.

I will say one thing they need to keep Mike Vogel a nice guy in love with Raggedy Ann because he does not have the acting chops to be evil.

• Love 2

For example, Julia took the egg to the lake and dropped it in -- and she never became infected while holding it.

Exactly, and even then that scene of her 'protecting' the egg was made pointless in the very next season.

So if I was paying enough attention to this ridiculous episode Aktion blew up the red door so that's no longer an escape route. But if that was still a way out up until now why did they idiots in Chesters Mill not go back out that way?

The Red Door was always a one-way passage into the Dome, it was never a way out.  The problem is that the Red Door passage exits at the bottom of the lake -- so why weren't Hektor, Lily or any of his security team (or that doctor) soaking wet ?  And why are all these people committed to Hektor because they would have to know it's a one-way trip ?  And they certainly aren't getting paid.

Julie figuring out that the baby bottle drawing on the post at the funeral home was: a) Left by Fivehead and b) meant to indicate to go to a daycare was plenty ridiculous.  Fivehead is from out of town, would she even know where the daycare house was located because it sounded like it was Fivehead's idea.  WTF ?

Considering that all the homes in Chester's Mill were supposedly crushed when the Dome contracted, there seem to be a lot of intact houses.  When Julia and Barbie are on the front porch of the funeral home, you can see down the street behind both Barbie and Julia and there are several houses still standing.  And at the daycare house, you can see more intact houses down the street and next door -- so why again was everyone camping outside Town Hall before moving into the newly built dorms inside Town Hall ?  And when Hektor and Lily are sitting on the front porch of the daycare house, you can see that the entire neighborhood is completely intact.  WTF ?

I wonder if Toyota is enjoying the product placement of the Prius positioned in front of dead bodies.  Because that doesn't seem like a positive connection to see.

Where did all the green shipping containers come from in the backyard of the daycare house ?  Did the Aktaion guys run back to the lake and fetch them by hand ?  Aside from the Prius there are no other working vehicles in Chester's Mill.

I thought it was odd that the egg that Patrick put together glowed blue instead of pink/purple.  

While Julia is no longer wearing the bandage on the outside of her jeans from where her leg was impaled in the ambulance accident, how come her jeans don't have holes on the front/back of her leg ?  And there aren't even any bloodstains on her jeans around where the holes should be.

While Harriet the midwife is tending to Eva and the 12 handmaidens, where is her baby ?  Is that where Christine is for the entire episode -- babysitting ?  And now that Harriet is dead who's going to take care of the baby ?  Or nurse the baby ?  The baby will probably get shoveled off to where all those diabetic kids went in Season 1 when they were already short on insulin after a couple of days.

I like how Eva tells the first handmaiden that what will happen will be beautiful -- she kind of neglects to mention the whole "queen sucking the lifeforce out of you that kills you" fineprint.

How come when Joe fires up that noise generator that annoys the hell out of Sam, neither Joe nor Fivehead seem to be affected by it ?

Speaking of Fivehead, did she have that pistol complete with the silencer shoved down the back of her pants ?  Because that would make it kind of tough to walk.

I'm curious how Joe figured out from that shitty diagram how to bring the Dome down ?  It's not like there were detailed specifications.  Better yet, where is he getting the electricity to power the oscilloscope and speakers ?

As for Lily's dad, Patrick, in that video file that Hunter cracked Patrick is floating in the chamber -- is that kick-ass Aktaion tech or a side-effect of being infected by the egg ?  Seriously, he's floating in that chamber.  And if Hektor plans to seal off the wing of the building containing Patrick, won't Patrick starve to death or die of dehydration ?  Because that seems like a pretty shitty thing to do if Hektor's plans are all based on saving Patrick.  Do the writers not think of this ?

I'm also curious why all of sudden normal people and video cameras can pickup the weird alien versions of the infected.

About Fivehead's killshot of Harriet, Harriet's head was turned away from Julia and Fivehead when Fivehead shot her right in the middle of the forehead.  That doesn't add up.  Now that Fivehead has made her first kill place, maybe she will become an unstoppable killing machine like Big Jim.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 6

So many things wrong with this episode, I'm not even sure where to start.

As someone pointed out above, if the infected guy is in a tube sealed off from everyone, and the only people that know about it are now trapped in the Dome, how is he getting food and water, bathroom breaks, etc...?

How did Norrie become an ace shot without ever firing a prictice round?

I completely missed the shipping containers, but how did they fit through the door, and get out of the lake?

Despite all the previouslies, why don't the writers remember what happened previously?

Why, why, why am I still watching this dreck?

• Love 3

The Red Door was always a one-way passage into the Dome, it was never a way out.

Exactly, you would need that giant plot hole in the locker to get out, well not anymore.

• Love 2

So everyone who's part of the Fellowship or Brotherhood or Hive or whatever is going to end up derezzing?  I'm cool with that.  Just spare Mike Vogel.

Also, after that whole thing with the women in white and Eve, she will now be know, to me at least, as Summer's Eve.

• Love 1

You'd think that a guy who would notice how many doors there are in deciding how defensible a position is would have noticed all of those big honkin' windows.

It's a pity that the network would never allow Norrie to cut the plot-line short by using that marksmanship to take out the unborn queen.

• Love 2

Well, the writers hadn't thought of the infection thing then.  They are clearly making things up as they go along.

How come when Joe fires up that noise generator that annoys the hell out of Sam, neither Joe nor Fivehead seem to be affected by it ?

Maybe because they're not "infected"?  That could actually make sense.

Well, the writers hadn't thought of the infection thing then.  They are clearly making things up as they go along.

Them trying to come up with a convoluted excuse only makes it worse.

• Love 1

Under The Dome...the Next Generation begins....

Barbie: " I'm not going to abandon my baby."   Is he in another TV show?  That line doesn't make sense.  You have most of the town taken over by aliens including the person carrying your baby and you're worried abandoning your baby?  How is it you're abandoning your baby?  You're there and not going anywhere.

then Barbie again makes no sense...

"We can't just act like this didn't happen."    Well, who is doing that?  You have more pressing issues like ALIENS TAKING OVER THE TOWN, not soap opera dialogue.

Guard to Norrie when instructing her how to shoot a gun: "This ain't Charlie's Angels."   This is true.  Angels was a better show.

Joe decides to stay and help out the aliens and build an oxygen machine.  You know how long the oxygen would last in that dome?  A long time.  Take care of the aliens, save the town, and then build an oxygen machine. 

Jim mentions 2000 people in the town.  Have they been hiding?  I don't think we've ever seen more than a couple of hundred.

...and again more soap opera nonsense from Barbie...

"I want to check on the baby."    Why?  There are aliens that have taken over the town.  Maybe more pressing needs.  Perhaps, he can take Eva on a picnic too.

Norrie gets one gun lesson and hits someone between the eyes.  The guard gives her some dopey speech about killing someone will live with you forever.  There are aliens taking over the town.  Who cares how Norrie feels?  This isn't a Lifetime special.

• Love 6

Why?  There are aliens that have taken over the town.  Maybe more pressing needs.  Perhaps, he can take Eva on a picnic too.

To force the cliched alien baby drama of course.

• Love 1

I hope I don't regret asking this, but, has anyone on the show mentioned that the egg and whatever is going on is alien, extra-terrestrial, from outer space?

Do the scientists think it is a disease? Do the Chester Millians think it is not alien?

My god. Why would aliens start a cult?

• Love 1

I hope I don't regret asking this, but, has anyone on the show mentioned that the egg and whatever is going on is alien, extra-terrestrial, from outer space?

Aktaion knows that all the eggs were found at the site of meteorite impacts -- and meteors come from space so they have to know that they are alien in nature.

Speaking of aliens and space, they seem to have completely dropped the bit about all the Kinship staring at the moon.  I somehow doubt the aliens came from the moon, but they never explained why they were all staring at the moon.

• Love 2

Guard to Norrie when instructing her how to shoot a gun: "This ain't Charlie's Angels."   This is true.  Angels was a better show.

Only because each episode was standalone, so they didn't have as much to screw up. The Cozi network has been rerunning the shows, so I'm reminded of how much bad writing and poor acting there was.

• Love 1

Aktaion knows that all the eggs were found at the site of meteorite impacts -- and meteors come from space so they have to know that they are alien in nature.

Okay. Thanks.

I recall when the series began, people were saying that aliens were behind it all in the book. Though, I really don't know details because I haven't read the novel. It sounded a lot like "Tommyknockers" to me. That was the last King novel I read.

So, at least Aktaion knows it is extra-terrestrial. But, none of the Chester Millian characters have even theorized that aliens have anything to do with this? I mean, there's 3 portals to get in and out of the dome but no one questions all the weirdness?

Anyhow....I think it is kind of cheap to trot out that bald scientist and say he was infected. Like others have written, it messes with the notion that touching it infects people.

The idea that to save life, save the dome, is stupid, too. Tell us why. Don't tease why.

Aktaion's Hektor saying things that make it sound like being in the dome is better than being outside the dome is kind of dumb, too, given they haven't specifically said why it is unsafe outside of the dome. It's a bit too late in the game to tease dystopian crap outside of the dome, and the military being after Aktaion. Doubling down on that is they left the bald guy to be found by anyone, and, why should we assume that if the military is after people, they won't search and find the alien-infected scientist?

They keep slapping stuff on top of the story. If things are so bad outside of the dome, show us that. It's got to be more entertaining that what's Under the Dome.

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru
  • Love 3

They keep slapping stuff on top of the story. If things are so bad outside of the dome, show us that. It's got to be more entertaining that what's Under the Dome.

With these writers, they'll mess that up too.

• Love 1

With these writers, they'll mess that up too.

Ooooohhh!

But, all I'm left to believe is that conditions are:

1) Crazy!

or,

2) Aktaion is in troublllllle!

or,

3) Hektor is crazy and in trouble.

or,

4) There's domes everywhere and no one who is under this dome knows that there are domes aplenty!

Curious? I know I am!

• Love 1

Maybe because they're not "infected"?  That could actually make sense.

It's whatever they want it to be, before only the 4 Hands could touch an egg, otherwise it would act like an alarm (like when Jim tried to back in S1) and disarm anyone who tried otherwise (like when the government people were trying to use it lastr season) , then everyone could touch it, and now it's infectious.

• Love 1

The only thing is that it is infectious in that it is converting them to being possessed by aliens or becoming aliens. Well, that's what it seems like. Perhaps I am wrong.

The thing is there were 4 who could touch the egg, one died, and now three remain yet those three are nowhere near an egg. So, what's the point of having a "chosen 4" if the "chosen 4" are no more and having Julia be a "chosen queen" if a different one --Christine-- pops up in this season only to become replaced by another queen--yet to be born, but will soon-- while the original queen--Julia, again-- is despised by the current queen--who is nowhere to be seen?

Confusqueen. I mean, confusing.

• Love 5

I will say one thing they need to keep Mike Vogel a nice guy in love with Raggedy Ann because he does not have the acting chops to be evil.

He does, actually - he was appropriately creepy as a sinister cop in Bates Motel. But that was (and is) a much better written show.

I can't even muster up anything to say about this episode. Except that Eriq LaSalle sure is a lot taller than Dean Norris. The wide shots especially were hilarious - almost like the hobbits in LoTR.

He does, actually - he was appropriately creepy as a sinister cop in Bates Motel. But that was (and is) a much better written show.

I can't even muster up anything to say about this episode. Except that Eriq LaSalle sure is a lot taller than Dean Norris. The wide shots especially were hilarious - almost like the hobbits in LoTR.

I guess I should be watching Bates Motel instead of this, well that probably is true for everyone! I noticed that as well, most of the time you can't tell Dean Norris is only 5'7, but it is comical when he is too close to Eriq LaSalke. They need to give him a box to stand on!

The only thing is that it is infectious in that it is converting them to being possessed by aliens or becoming aliens. Well, that's what it seems like. Perhaps I am wrong.

It seemed to happen when he touched the egg and the 'stars falling in line' thing happened based on the flashback.

Oh Joe, you are the (supposedly) smartest one in town - the only one smart enough to figure out how to stop the dome from calcifying - how can you be so gullible? Just a few hours ago (in Chesters Mill time) you thought Sam was human until he kidnapped you.  I would think that would make you a little more leery about who you trust.  But, no.  Instead, two people you know are part of the kinship, people who also beat you up, tell you that the dome will calcify and everyone will suffocate and you believe them? And believe them so whole-heartedly that you are willing to die to save everyone?  It really never occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, the calcifying is just another one of Christine's home movies, like the firestorm apocalypse a day or two ago?  You never thought that maybe, just maybe, what you are really doing is not stopping the dome from calcifying but is actually making Christine stronger or helping the kinship beat the resistance some other way?

And to the guy playing Joe - bad acting with that jailhouse hug, dude.  Yeah, the director wanted you to be sure to touch the gun so that you could say the line "Is that a gun?" but that was one seriously awkward looking hug, with you reaching so far out of the window to get your hand on top of the gun.  Since you weren't supposed to know she had a gun, your far reaching hug means that you were trying get your hand on her butt, which, considering you are in jail and you think the world is ending, is a rather strange thing to do.  Sure, you are a teenage boy and they are supposed to be horny, but why not reach for a boob instead of the butt? If you really want a career in acting, you need to step it up.  Look around you, there are 3 former ER cast members - and 2 former CSI cast members - these shows were popular enough to last a combined 39 seasons (ER - 15, CSI - 15, CSI:NY - 9).  These people were once at the top and now can only find work on dreck like this. Let it be a lesson to you.

At the end of the last episode, Barbie and Julia are kissing and it is nighttime.  Next time we see them, they are strolling along in the daylight.  What did they do all that time?  I suppose they could have gotten, er, re-acquainted, but it seems like a poor use of their time, given the whole war against the kinship thing that is going on.  Besides, they keep showing Christine and Junior doing the deed, which have got to be unsexiest sex scenes ever filmed, they certainly would have shown Barbie and Julia getting it on.  

Fivehead gets pistol lessons from one of the Aktaion security guys. Because why not ?

This was a rarely seen (for this show) little bit of foreshadowing or continuity or attempt to have something make sense later.  I believe the only reason they had the gun lesson scene is so Norrie shooting the midwife would make sense and viewers wouldn't be wondering how Norrie would know how to shoot a gun.  Of course, it doesn't make sense.  First off, they have been fighting the kinship for a week, Norrie should have had her gun shooting lesson before now.  Secondly, her lesson was less than a minute and she did even get to shoot it, yet she can make a perfect shot into midwife's forehead, with the bullet zooming right past Julia's head.    

I'm still trying to figure out why there is a jail cell filled with electronic equipment on the office level -- We already know that the jail cells are in the basement from season 1.  WTF ? 

They can build a gallows or a windmill in a few hours, so they have had enough time can move a jail cell (or build  new one) in the last 3-4 weeks.  Why? I don't know, but you they had to keep those 2,000 (ha-ha) people busy doing something.  

Meanwhile, Junior has some redshirts digging up the ground around Julia's cabin to find her body since Junior doesn't believe that Barbie killed her.  Junior knows that Barbie is a traitor and he's going to go tattle on Barbie to Christine.  Oh nooesss !!!

Why would they be digging randomly? He supposedly buried her a few hours before, certainly the ground would look recently dug and the grave would be easy to figure out.  

Possible explanations -

- Barbie and Julia spent the night digging fake graves

- Junior thought Barbie rubbed the oxitocin goo over the gravesite to heal it.  

Better yet, where is he getting the electricity to power the oscilloscope and speakers ?

From the Prius charging station?

As for Lily's dad, Patrick, in that video file that Hunter cracked Patrick is floating in the chamber -- is that kick-ass Aktaion tech or a side-effect of being infected by the egg ?  Seriously, he's floating in that chamber.

Based on what I know from this show, I think this was a case of bad special effects.  They didn't mean for him to float, but when they put in the pixelated footage, they placed it wrong, so he looks floating.  

• Love 3

Why would they be digging randomly? He supposedly buried her a few hours before, certainly the ground would look recently dug and the grave would be easy to figure out.

That's a good point. Barbie should have said he tossed her into the lake. But, he panicked and Junior, with his powers of perception, combined with his mistrust, and, based on the fact that he's an excruciating character for an audience to behold on the screen, decided to waste some of his minions' time shoveling ground when he could have just looked for recent digging or he could have just done something else. Geez, Junior! Get a life!

• Love 3

This is rather trivial but I didn't notice Big Jim's intro has him now saying "Four weeks ago" instead of "three weeks ago." If this is not the first time he said that, it is the first time I noticed it.

It was the first time "4 weeks ago" was in the intro.  Last episode it was definitely "3 weeks ago".

It was the first time "4 weeks ago" was in the intro.  Last episode it was definitely "3 weeks ago".

Thanks. I'm glad it was the first time because I'd be confused if it turned out they'd been doing it for a longer period of time. (just kidding. I'd be confused anyway.)

• Love 2

Geez, Junior! Get a life!

I know, but he really doesn't have any purpose on this show anymore: He barely interacts with Jim anymore, the 4 Hands plot got dropped, Angie and then Melanie died, everyone else is brainwashed or have other things to do, etc.  All he has is cougar alien makeout sessions.

• Love 1

While that's not a bad gig if you can get it, I don't get how he believes he has so much power when Barbie is the one who had to sire the new queen. That sort of puts Junior lower on the totem pole, even if he is shlepping the cougar. He's nothing more than a concubine for her. Or a consort--whichever word is most appropriate.

• Love 1
  Big Jim has the heavy weaponry and is dropping redshirts like flies.

Something I have always wondered about, not really specific to this show, but always amusing.  Why is it necessary to break out the window glass before shooting at the bad guys?  And, secondly, JIm is obviously right handed.  Why would he stand on the right side (for him) of the window so that he has to expose himself every time he takes a shot?  Why not stand on the other side and poke the rifle out from cover?

• Love 1

While that's not a bad gig if you can get it, I don't get how he believes he has so much power when Barbie is the one who had to sire the new queen. That sort of puts Junior lower on the totem pole, even if he is shlepping the cougar. He's nothing more than a concubine for her. Or a consort--whichever word is most appropriate.

And they didn't even bother to keep his first choice in future mates alive.  Junior is so clueless he doesn't realize that Christine is just stringing him along.   I would feel sorry for him, except that he is Junior and not someone I care about. 

• Love 1

I would feel sorry for him, except that he is Junior and not someone I care about.

Yeah. Same here.

The show did establish him effectively right off the bat. [For the show, that is. I haven't read the book but I've heard he's very bad in that, too.]

Despite the twisting of personalities over the past three seasons, Junior remains unlikable. Maybe there was a moment when I kind of felt sorry for him but he held his ex-girlfriend hostage in a bunker. No amount of forgiveness of any positive phase he went through can overcome that. Even if they had the character apologize to everyone, his actions are pretty disturbing.

Though, to be fair, I could say the same about most of the characters being bad prior to becoming worse under that dang dome. For instance, no matter how delusional Sam was at believing he was doing good work as a therapist in prison, and acting good for a while, he's still a jerk. The fantasy of doing good work for a year is meaningless as was his change of heart. He still killed someone with an ax. That's nuts.

When Noorie took a shot and killed someone, her bloodthirstiness could be said to be for protecting Julia. But, she killed that woman as if the woman was a vampire that needed to be stopped. She didn't threaten the woman to keep her from alerting others, as she could have. [Though, I am surprised the woman tried to shout something instead of just whistling that creepy tune.]

Instead of threatening the lady, Norrie just [unbelievably, accurately shot and] killed her. I get that was expedient for the story. Heck, there was a mass grave right next to the lady. But, these people in Chester's Mill are vicious and often heartless and it is hard to feel sorry for any of them.

But, these people in Chester's Mill are vicious and often heartless and it is hard to feel sorry for any of them.

If the Dome does come down, I'm pretty sure all of the lead characters will be going to jail for murder or some other crime.  Aktaion has lots of video of Big Jim killing people -- like Rev. Coggins -- and they probably have video of everyone else killing too.