Type keyword(s) to search

Valerie's Home Cooking - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/6/2021 at 12:52 PM, buttersister said:

Unfiltered coconut oil has a coconut taste, filtered, not so much. The sat fat content is too high for me. 

Ah, that explains it.  I've never used the unfiltered kind.  I tried a small bottle of the clear one a few years back but never bought it again because of the saturated fat.

15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve always enjoyed Valerie’s show above most of the others on FN. I’m not sure what’s happened to her, other than her exhusband dying, but I really don’t like watching her latest shows in her new dark kitchen. 

I hate the kitchen set this season!! 

I caught a part of Valerie's show today. She was "teaching" three "super fans" via zoom how to make a meal, part of which was Italian. Maybe this was an older show as her kitchen didn't look dark to me. But she sounded like a preschool teacher as she gave instructions so I had to change channels. 

1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

But she sounded like a preschool teacher as she gave instructions so I had to change channels. 

I appreciate that they're practicing cation during the pandemic and filming remotely, but these folks identified as home cooks. Valerie gave instructions re the pasta water like they just came out of 20-year comas.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2021 at 5:08 PM, annzeepark914 said:

I caught a part of Valerie's show today. She was "teaching" three "super fans" via zoom how to make a meal, part of which was Italian. Maybe this was an older show as her kitchen didn't look dark to me. But she sounded like a preschool teacher as she gave instructions so I had to change channels. 

No it was the current kitchen which doesn't look so dark to me either.  Most of it is white with one medium blue wall on the right side.  I don't love the new kitchen but I don't hate it either.  My dislike is mostly the oven.  I'm not a fan of those ovens with two doors that you pull open like a French Door.  People say they like the idea because you don't have to lean over a hot oven door, but IMO unless you're covered past the elbows in potholder mitts there's always a chance of bumping your hand or arm into one of those hot open doors.  I admit I'm probably not coordinated enough anymore to avoid that, LOL.

• Love 1

Valerie’s Home Cooking is off of the schedule except for older episodes early in the morning.  The show used to be so enjoyable until her ex died . 
Looks like Valerie is done taping Kids Baking Championship and is now following Wolfie around on tour . Her latest post was eating tour bus food .  Is she now on the tour bus ? I think it’s great to support her kid but weird that she’s following him around  like a groupie ! Why do I have a feeling she’s reliving her time following Eddie around on tour ?  
I highly doubt she is still with Tom, there is never a mention or a sign of him .  
She definitely seemed to be having some kind of breakdown on the Today show with her cringeworthy appearances , now she’s all out wacky !

I wonder if NBC will pick up her pilot with Demi Lovato who is also a mess .

I guess the next thing we will see from Valerie is promotion for her book. Should be interesting!

Edited by orangekit
On 9/19/2021 at 3:35 AM, orangekit said:

I highly doubt she is still with Tom, there is never a mention or a sign of him .

You ain't never lied....his birthday was August 14th and she used to give greetings on her Twitter and IG.  Matter of fact, she always had pics of him on her IG account, I don't know when's the last time I've seen his face.

On 9/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

You ain't never lied....his birthday was August 14th and she used to give greetings on her Twitter and IG.  Matter of fact, she always had pics of him on her IG account, I don't know when's the last time I've seen his face.

Now it seems she’s too busy obsessing over Wolfie and reliving her tour days she has wirh Eddie !

• Love 1
On 9/19/2021 at 3:35 AM, orangekit said:

Valerie’s Home Cooking is off of the schedule except for older episodes early in the morning.  The show used to be so enjoyable until her ex died . 

So what happened to this new season?

Only a handful of shows??

33 minutes ago, Rightside said:

So what happened to this new season?

Only a handful of shows??

There’s been 16 eps thus far in season 12. How many are there usually?

3 hours ago, opus said:

There’s been 16 eps thus far in season 12. How many are there usually?

Wow, there have been 16??

I need to watch better! I thought there were only about 5.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Wow, here have been 16??

I need to watch better! I thought there were only about 5.

Going by Wikipedia’s numbers, this has been the longest season to date

453725FC-D18D-4A95-A36B-06D6D1D33690.jpeg

Valerie called someone on Twitter an “asshat” for insulting Wolfie !  She also posted a picture of Eddie again on the anniversary of his death ! Oh and she’s following Wolfie around on tour like a groupie .

WTF happened to her ? I saw a repeat of her show earlier in FN this weekend and she seems sane ! She talked about Tom and friends and was not obsessing about her time with Eddie .

Will FN be ok with her swearing and insulting on Twitter when she judges kids in baking shows ?  
Did her  sitcom with looney Demi Lovato car picked up ? BTW today crazy Demi made a statement that the term alien was offensive to extraterrestrials! 

14 hours ago, orangekit said:

Valerie called someone on Twitter an “asshat” for insulting Wolfie !  She also posted a picture of Eddie again on the anniversary of his death ! Oh and she’s following Wolfie around on tour like a groupie .

WTF happened to her ? I saw a repeat of her show earlier in FN this weekend and she seems sane ! She talked about Tom and friends and was not obsessing about her time with Eddie .

Will FN be ok with her swearing and insulting on Twitter when she judges kids in baking shows ?  
Did her  sitcom with looney Demi Lovato car picked up ? BTW today crazy Demi made a statement that the term alien was offensive to extraterrestrials! 

I listen to a drive time radio show when I drive home from work, and today they were talking about a plaque some local fans in Pasadena paid $6500 to have installed. My first thought... was Valerie there crying over her dead ex husband? 

26 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

We suspected that this was going to happen.  I saw her this week on "In Her Own Words" on REELZ and she spent 10 minutes talking about Eddie and 30 seconds on Tom  It was filmed prior to Eddie's death.  She did shed some light on her sensitivity about her weight.  She said that her father fat shamed her mother for having gained weight so it was a sore subject with her.

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

We suspected that this was going to happen.  I saw her this week on "In Her Own Words" on REELZ and she spent 10 minutes talking about Eddie and 30 seconds on Tom  It was filmed prior to Eddie's death.  She did shed some light on her sensitivity about her weight.  She said that her father fat shamed her mother for having gained weight so it was a sore subject with her.

I saw this coming also - after Eddie's death and Valerie's craziness.  Hopefully she can get to a therapist who at this time will help her.  My thoughts go out to Tom.  Who knows what the hell he has been thru.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Boston said:

I saw this coming also - after Eddie's death and Valerie's craziness.  Hopefully she can get to a therapist who at this time will help her.  My thoughts go out to Tom.  Who knows what the hell he has been thru.

Yes, i think Tom is the unsuspected/undeserving victim of all this craziness.

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yes, i think Tom is the unsuspected/undeserving victim of all this craziness.

To be honest I've gotten creep vibes from Tom from the get go.  I feel a bit like that nursery rhyme "I do not like thee Doctor Fell, the reason why I cannot tell..." but anyway that's the way I've always felt about him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SusannahM said:

To be honest I've gotten creep vibes from Tom from the get go.  I feel a bit like that nursery rhyme "I do not like thee Doctor Fell, the reason why I cannot tell..." but anyway that's the way I've always felt about him.

I remember when they got engaged, and then married, there were a lot of articles saying he wasn't a good choice, and his previous relationships didn't end well.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SusannahM said:

I guess I just didn't see enough of him to get the creepy vibe and never read anything about him... doesn't matter any more he is history now...

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:
10 hours ago, SusannahM said:

I guess I just didn't see enough of him to get the creepy vibe and never read anything about him... doesn't matter any more he is history now...

Yeah this is news to me.  I never got a creepy vibe but on the other hand I never saw him as being the best match for her either.  Just something about the way they interacted when he was on the show. 

I wonder if all of Valerie's recent breakdown-like behavior on her show and in interviews precipitated the breakup or was a symptom of it.  I have this scenario in my mind that Eddie's death triggered her to an overreaction that could only exacerbate any existing marital problems between them.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I wonder if all of Valerie's recent breakdown-like behavior on her show and in interviews precipitated the breakup or was a symptom of it.  I have this scenario in my mind that Eddie's death triggered her to an overreaction that could only exacerbate any existing marital problems between them.  

This went through my mind as well.

Add the facts that he hasn't been seen or mentioned in any of her social sites as of late, plus the eppy where she went on and on about how much she loved Eddie's mom (when I remember an eppy where she spoke fondly of Tom's late mom Helen), I knew something was up.

While not surprised, I feel bad that her marriage broke up.

• Love 1

Her book comes out in January or February of 2022, so she will have to do the book tour thing, appear on TV talk shows, etc.  So her marriage breakup is bound to come up.

It seems like her FN show is not on the schedule, even in reruns. ??

It's been uncomfortable to watch her unraveling over the past year. She likes to post a lot of glamorous "throw-back" photos on IG of herself when she was younger and thinner.  I really think she has a problem.

I never got a creepy vibe from Tom.  Didn't she meet him through her brother?  It would have been difficult (I think) for any spouse to go through her very public, prolonged grieving of Eddie, and the following around of Wolfie. It looks like she is trying to re-live her past with Eddie. I also feel bad for Eddie's widow. SHE was married to him when he died, but Valerie appears to be the grieving widow.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SusannahM said:

No idea about Tom but she met Eddie thanks to her brothers. 

Not in the "they knew him" way though. They just talked her into using her fame to get them backstage at a concert.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Her book comes out in January or February of 2022, so she will have to do the book tour thing, appear on TV talk shows, etc.  So her marriage breakup is bound to come up.

It seems like her FN show is not on the schedule, even in reruns. ??

It's been uncomfortable to watch her unraveling over the past year. She likes to post a lot of glamorous "throw-back" photos on IG of herself when she was younger and thinner.  I really think she has a problem.

I never got a creepy vibe from Tom.  Didn't she meet him through her brother?  It would have been difficult (I think) for any spouse to go through her very public, prolonged grieving of Eddie, and the following around of Wolfie. It looks like she is trying to re-live her past with Eddie. I also feel bad for Eddie's widow. SHE was married to him when he died, but Valerie appears to be the grieving widow.

Valerie has some sort of live chat (this week, I think?) so promos are happening. On one hand that makes me think she was well-prepared to face questions. On the other hand the announcement was made during a holiday weekend so who knows. 

I thought Tom carried himself pretty well for someone who was not a television personality, and as a couple they seemed to welcome each others' families & friends. Who knows what happens behind closed doors, but for me (someone who has watched Valerie for years and has also spent some time on the couch) Valerie seems almost too open about her unhappiness - like she's looking everywhere for an answer where there may not be one. And the tone of her focus on the ex-husband is...odd. People are entitled to all their grief, but everything Val has posted/said makes it appear like there is history trying to be rewritten.

I really do like her and even though I think sm may not be the place for her she seems stoked about her kid's grammy nom? 

• Love 2

this was shared on Valerie's Facebook page:

Valerie Bertinelli 

Oh my gosh, I’m so happy about this! @Foodnetwork has agreed to re-air TWO #ValeriesHomeCooking episodes with my #HotinCleveland girls, the lovely angel @BettyWhite, @officialjaneleeves, and @wendiemalik! Back-to-back episodes this Thursday and this Sunday at 8 am!

In the first episode, “Hot in Cleveland ... One More Time,” I invite the girls to the house for some girl talk and a cozy lunch including Quiche Valerie, Betty’s favorite Italian Tuna Salad, a Jane-inspired Grilled Romaine with Balsamic Dressing, and Panna Cotta with Frutti Di Bocca. Yummy!

The girls and I used to meet at a restaurant once a month to catch up, so for the second episode, I invited them to the house for a few small bites before this time. On the menu are Glazed Short Rib Crostini, Chicken Satay, and Steamed Veggies served with Peanut Sauce, Mini Roasted Potatoes with Eggplant Caviar, and Creme Fraiche, all served with a Vodka Cucumber Spritz before we hopped in the cab to dinner!

It will be a bit of a beautiful flashback, so be sure to tune in this Thursday and Sunday on @foodnetwork at 8 am!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I was able to watch the two reruns with the cast of Hot in Cleveland. It was so good to see all of them especially the incomparable Betty. These women obviously love each other and love being together. I also saw the Anniversary Dinner for New Year’s Day with Tom. That was kind of hard to watch knowing what was to come. I have the sad feeling that Valerie is unraveling on several levels and sincerely hope that she can get the help she needs and find a happy life. At her age, that’s harder to find but not impossible.

• Love 2

I watched the episode the first time it aired and from that point forward Betty White and tuna salad were forever one. I see Betty White and think, she eats tuna salad every single day, she said so herself. I see tuna salad and think, Betty White eats tuna salad every single say, she said so herself. 

I think tuna salad should be mentioned on her gravestone. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I read an excerpt that said that Eddie’s marriage to Janie was basically over. Curious if that is true - I haven’t seen anything where Janie has spoken about Ed’s death recently or addressed Valerie’s claims.

Edited by Insert Username
  • Useful 2

What I’m getting from this is it it’s no surprise she is getting divorced. She obviously never got over her first love her soulmate etc. etc. I can just imagine how horribly awful her soon to be ex-husband feels reading these words over and over again and we can only imagine what it was like to live with her, seems like, depression she was/is feeling. I hope she is getting professional help after losing someone so dear to her. Her ex husband is better off finding someone who is over their past love. It’s a tough situation. 
as far as the weight loss issue goes, Valerie looks just fine. I am kind of in the same boat. when I was younger I had a figured to die for. But as we age if we don’t exercise like a crazy person and eat barely anything our bodies are not  going to look like that anymore.  I am also trying to resign myself to the fact that I am now 20 pounds heavier and this is the way it’s gonna be the pounds do not come off easily and I just have to stop caring. Only thing we should be looking out for is our health watch the blood pressure the cholesterol diabetes etc. One thing I did notice though is her son is morbidly obese which is a big time health issue. I hope she is using her chef skills to cook him healthy meals even if they don’t live together which I have no idea. 

• Love 5

This morning they aired the 2 episodes with Betty White, Wendy and Jane from Hot in Cleveland. Valerie obviously loved her co-stars. 

Edited by rcc
  • Love 4
On 1/9/2022 at 3:45 PM, chediavolo said:

One thing I did notice though is her son is morbidly obese which is a big time health issue. I hope she is using her chef skills to cook him healthy meals even if they don’t live together which I have no idea. 

I hope she's actually minding her own business where her adult son's weight is concerned.  It's never a good thing IMO when parents make an issue of their grown kid's weight.

• Love 6
On 1/12/2022 at 2:41 PM, SusannahM said:

I hope she's actually minding her own business where her adult son's weight is concerned.  It's never a good thing IMO when parents make an issue of their grown kid's weight.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:45 PM, chediavolo said:

What I’m getting from this is it it’s no surprise she is getting divorced. She obviously never got over her first love her soulmate etc. etc. I can just imagine how horribly awful her soon to be ex-husband feels reading these words over and over again and we can only imagine what it was like to live with her, seems like, depression she was/is feeling. I hope she is getting professional help after losing someone so dear to her. Her ex husband is better off finding someone who is over their past love. It’s a tough situation. 
as far as the weight loss issue goes, Valerie looks just fine. I am kind of in the same boat. when I was younger I had a figured to die for. But as we age if we don’t exercise like a crazy person and eat barely anything our bodies are not  going to look like that anymore.  I am also trying to resign myself to the fact that I am now 20 pounds heavier and this is the way it’s gonna be the pounds do not come off easily and I just have to stop caring. Only thing we should be looking out for is our health watch the blood pressure the cholesterol diabetes etc. One thing I did notice though is her son is morbidly obese which is a big time health issue. I hope she is using her chef skills to cook him healthy meals even if they don’t live together which I have no idea. 

Unfortunately, being a professional  chef or good home cook does guarantee good eating habits.  Perfect example is Alex Guarnaschelli and her daughter.

• Love 1

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS

Watching Valerie on The Kelly Clarkson Show today.  She speaks THE TINIEST BIT ABOUT BETTY but guess what she's really talking about?  How she and Eddie Van Halen loved each other so much!

It's soooooo awkward!

Did she not just get divorced?!!?!  She's talking about her divorce from Ed and Ed sending her messages from the beyond.... omg..

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did she not just get divorced?!!?!  She's talking about her divorce from Ed and Ed sending her messages from the beyond.... omg..

During another interview she said Eddie was one of her soul mates and she thinks we have many soul mates and Wolfie is a soul mate.

I understand Eddie and Valerie have been famous for a long time so people may keep asking her about it but 1. not really bc she seems to bring it up all the time and 2. it seems like Valerie is trying to take some kind of ownership over something that's not there.

Also, I'd be good with FN putting a gag order on her. I think Valerie has a genuine interest in food and cooking (as I do) and I believe her struggles with weight and self-image are very real (as mine are) - it's just not a great look to have a cooking show host create a TikTok every few months about about food being their enemy.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS

Watching Valerie on The Kelly Clarkson Show today.  She speaks THE TINIEST BIT ABOUT BETTY but guess what she's really talking about?  How she and Eddie Van Halen loved each other so much!

It's soooooo awkward!

No wonder she’s divorced. Her poor ex. She needs grief therapy. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Can you guys post in advance when you find out what talk shows she is going to be on? I missed it because my Soectrum search sucks. Thanks 

She'll be on Drew Barrymore today.  More EVH talk I assume.

Here's a segment of her on Kelly

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1