Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Lucky

I also hate the concept of "star-crossed lovers." Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy, not a romance.

Amen to this.  Anytime someone mentions "star-crossed lovers", I always wonder how badly it will all blow up, not *whether* it will.

• Love 1

I think that some are forgetting that Callie was raped. As someone with experience on this issue, it shouldn't be easy for her to just forget about it and move on and pretend that Brandon is just a brother to her.

I really don't think that is true at all. A vast majority of the posts about the last episode commented on the unrealistic aspect of the sex being both enjoyable and trauma-free. I'd suggest the fans remember Callie was raped more than the writers do. But I don't quite get what you mean with the last part - Brandon didn't rape Callie and I think the show is clear about that.

I think unfortunately the show will continue to go back to the Callie/Brandon well for drama. At this point I am watching for the Mums and Mariana.

I know I'm in the minority but find the entire Callie/Brandon thing realistic. Of course when my cousin was 16 her boyfriend got kicked out of his house so my aunt and uncle took him in and adopted him. They just put the relationship on hold and once they were both over 18 they moved in together and continued the where they'd left off.

The new Jesus was kind of the icing on this shitshow of a cake. Lol. That whole scene with him was so unbelievably palpably awkward and tacked-on. I think this guy might be a worse actor than the previous.

Imo this was hands down the worst scene on the show, ever. The guy was beyond awful, it's totally weird casting choice. And I actually liked Jesus 1.0 . He wasn't a fantastic actor, but he gave Jesus a certain mischievous charm that I liked. This new guy seems like he will only be straight up bad and he looks more like Brandon's bio brother than Mariana's.

Jude has grown so much, it's like he grew a couple of feet between seasons.

I was surprised that Mike didn't get a call confirming that Ty was the hit and run guy.

So Callie got adopted, but OMG she had sex with Brandon, what it gonna happen now? I really don't care. God, how I hate those two.

I spent the whole half season baffled by the shitty storyline they gave Mariana with the whole "she randomly lost her virginity to Wyatt". Why? What was the point of this completely out of character shit?

• Love 1

So, I know people usually don't comment years after the show aired. But I just started wathing and I'm trying to catch up to season 5 while it's still airing so I've been binging from season 1 for a couple weeks now. I just had to say that I like #Brallie (such a horrendous name) even though they're supposed to brother and sister. I just feel for them, they're in love and they can't even be together. When callie was at GU and Brandon came to see her despite being told not to and she ran out and hugged him I started crying. I just love them together. I know that it can't seriously go anywhere because it would never work with them being brother and sister and all but I just feel the chemistry between them. And when they stayed in the cabin and they had sex, I cried as well. I'm such a baby but it was a moment I had been waiting for and it was so perfect. I think I maybe getting tooo into the show lol.

Let me just say, I really liked the first Jesus and maybe I just don't like change but I don't want this new guy. He seems too goody goody and he's not hot at all. The first Jesus was a bad actor tho. But he was good looking and a bad boy to some extent and I liked the edge he brought to the character. But apparently he didn't like playing the role of a teenager anymore. Which seems kind of arrogant considering he was only 19 when he quit the show, and it's not like he was a great actor anyway but still ugh. 

Mariana is annoying. I mean I like her sometimes, she's cute and fashionable, but I hate her personality. of course she is supposed to be a teenager and teenagers are emotionally unstable lol. But sheesh, she always plays the victim and blames herself and she doesn't love herself.  I mean again , I get that she's growing up and finding herself. But it's just so annoying. I think she's an asshole sometimes. Especially how she treated Matt. He was a really good guy and she cheated on him, with wyatt at that. And then when she does something wrong, stef and Lena always apologize to her somehow. I think she needs some discipline.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Mirmommy said:

Let me just say, I really liked the first Jesus and maybe I just don't like change but I don't want this new guy. He seems too goody goody and he's not hot at all. The first Jesus was a bad actor tho. But he was good looking and a bad boy to some extent and I liked the edge he brought to the character. But apparently he didn't like playing the role of a teenager anymore. Which seems kind of arrogant considering he was only 19 when he quit the show, and it's not like he was a great actor anyway but still ugh. 

First off, welcome! Don't be afraid to post in the other threads! We're all pretty friendly here and love discussing the show, no matter how frustrating it gets!

As for this, I felt the same way as you when the new guy Noah first showed up. So much so that I didn't watch the last half of season 3 live and waited until season 4 started before I caught up. But definitely give him a chance. This new Jesus will certainly differ from the old one, but it could be in a good way. I loved Jake's Jesus a lot because I liked the actor but my opinions did change after giving this new guy a chance. Noah C has a different acting style to Jake T Austin but I personally think that I like this new version better. But this first appearance does set up this new version very well, I think. 

I just had to say that I like #Brallie (such a horrendous name) even though they're supposed to brother and sister. I just feel for them, they're in love and they can't even be together. When callie was at GU and Brandon came to see her despite being told not to and she ran out and hugged him I started crying. I just love them together. I know that it can't seriously go anywhere because it would never work with them being brother and sister and all but I just feel the chemistry between them. And when they stayed in the cabin and they had sex, I cried as well. I'm such a baby but it was a moment I had been waiting for and it was so perfect. I think I maybe getting tooo into the show lol.

For me, I could personally never like them because of the sibling angle. Sure, their love story is kind of tragic, but I'd rather Callie had a family rather than a boyfriend. So if that means Callie/Brandon have to move on, then so be it. I'd hate if things changed and Callie moved in with Robert just so her and Brandon could be together. It would personally send me the wrong message when this show has always been about family first. I think that I can set aside the actors' chemistry to look at the story as a whole and how I wouldn't like it if the show made Brallie endgame. Like you, I know the chemistry's there but I don't think it would be good for the show to go down this couple route. 

And then when she does something wrong, stef and Lena always apologize to her somehow. I think she needs some discipline.

I think all the kids need some damn discipline. They all seem to get away with stuff in one form or another. Callie, Brandon, and Mariana definitely get away with a lot more crap.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

First off, welcome! Don't be afraid to post in the other threads! We're all pretty friendly here and love discussing the show, no matter how frustrating it gets!

As for this, I felt the same way as you when the new guy Noah first showed up. So much so that I didn't watch the last half of season 3 live and waited until season 4 started before I caught up. But definitely give him a chance. This new Jesus will certainly differ from the old one, but it could be in a good way. I loved Jake's Jesus a lot because I liked the actor but my opinions did change after giving this new guy a chance. Noah C has a different acting style to Jake T Austin but I personally think that I like this new version better. But this first appearance does set up this new version very well, I think. 

For me, I could personally never like them because of the sibling angle. Sure, their love story is kind of tragic, but I'd rather Callie had a family rather than a boyfriend. So if that means Callie/Brandon have to move on, then so be it. I'd hate if things changed and Callie moved in with Robert just so her and Brandon could be together. It would personally send me the wrong message when this show has always been about family first. I think that I can set aside the actors' chemistry to look at the story as a whole and how I wouldn't like it if the show made Brallie endgame. Like you, I know the chemistry's there but I don't think it would be good for the show to go down this couple route. 

I think all the kids need some damn discipline. They all seem to get away with stuff in one form or another. Callie, Brandon, and Mariana definitely get away with a lot more crap.

Lol it's nice to hear someone else's perspective thanks for commenting ! ? and I will definitely give Noah C a chance