Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Reunion

They dropped the ball with Pope in S1. He came up with the idea and made the armor piercing weapons. He should have been the guy who could just kind of rigs things up. Then you can justify him staying around. Basically, he could have just been the south african guy. 

Again with the show, how you not have an engineering division in this war is incomprehensible. I guess all the hackers got killed. I know you're not going to have a episode dedicated to people scrounging for parts, but still. 

If you ever go to the reddit subthread page for Falling Skies, there is a thread about how the show/2nd Mass screwed Pope. The poster even listed the many things that Pope did to help the 2nd Mass, throughout the 5 seasons. 

Although, they did have an episode where they wre scrounging up for food and they were even able to sneak in two women talking about Hal and Maggie's relationship issues. 

Here is the actual post:

He improved their ammunition, cooked their food, made their bombs yet he was never recognized for his contributions because he had an "attitude".

Pope continually showed he had a softer side and cared for others but was ostracized because he was an admitted asshole, because of his contempt for "normal" society.

He never received commendation for continually putting his life on the line and delivering results in hard situations.

THAT was his point of existing, to prove that you can contribute to society and still choose not to be a part of the mainstream. He proved his point.

No matter how much you help, no matter how much your role is critical to the success of reaching your goal... that if you do not fall in line then none of your efforts matter.

The reason he went rogue is because he was never validated because his way of life is "not acceptable".

He wanted his way of life to be validated by his efforts, and it was not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FallingSkies/comments/3igdh0/the_way_pope_was_mistreated_throughout_the_entire/

Edited by TVSpectator
He improved their ammunition, cooked their food, made their bombs yet he was never recognized for his contributions because he had an "attitude".

That ended by S2 though, no?

When they were in the prison camp, where was all that helpfulness? He was the guy who hoarded all the goods and they had to beg him for supplied to break out. To be fair, he was important to breaking out, but that's the first thing he did in two seasons to help and then that's been it. 

I think they got off on the wrong foot with Pope being the warlord guy who let his group rape women. The "I didn't know" was an extremely weak handwave.