Type keyword(s) to search

Jughead: Because how often do we get to name a thread Jughead?

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Jughead becoming all pro-Serpents in the span of a half-season makes zero sense to me.

We never did meet his foster parents, did we?

No, we didn’t. And yeah.. I didn’t get whyJughead became pro serpent? I didn’t watch the latest episode but I haven’t understood why he’s been going to the gang since this season started. He disliked them so much last season and then he went to them for help in the first episode this season to find out who shot Fredand he seemed shocked and scared when their version of help was to bring a beaten guy to the trailer. And then he kept going back to them for help, not thinking they would want something in return. And he was smarter than that last season. 

There was also no point to have Jughead have foster parents if we were never going to meet them and if FP was going to return. That was stupid on the shows part. It became a big thing only for.. reasons. I guess? I don’t know. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, they sort of swept that under the rug. Wasn't that the whole reason he had to go to Southside High? 

And here in my mind I was thinking that maybe the foster parents were Sabrina's aunts lol, that would have been fun... Could see them right before Sabrina starts for example...

Nah, I think the foster parents and that whole thing is sorta become non-relevant anymore...

Like I was asking myself why wasn't Jughead back at Riverdale high after his dad came out of prison (not that he would want to himself I guess) but since they're closing SSH, that's also become a non-issue...

Weird how plots just transform themselves... (i'm looking at you , show!!!)

• Love 1

I read something on how Jughead is missing a good sense of humour because he is pretty much meant to that best friend of the leading male (Archie) who is funny. And it is kind of true, and it is sad because so far nothing has been funnier than his "It's called necrophilia, Reggie. Can you spell it?" line coming from Jughead. And that was a quote from the first episode or second episode of season 1. I am still waiting for more Jughed lines to top that one in terms of humour.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Ruby Red said:

I read something on how Jughead is missing a good sense of humour because he is pretty much meant to that best friend of the leading male (Archie) who is funny. And it is kind of true, and it is sad because so far nothing has been funnier than his "It's called necrophilia, Reggie. Can you spell it?" line coming from Jughead. And that was a quote from the first episode or second episode of season 1. I am still waiting for more Jughed lines to top that one in terms of humour.

Lol, yeah, I doubt we'll see Sassy!Cheeky!Jughead again... That one line was pretty funny.

He did have this semi-funny line imo in the first episode of the second season, when they're trying to find Fred's wallet at Pops and that whole scene when Pop asks them if they were hungry and he just grinned (and ignoring that pool of human blood on the floor there) while Betty looked seriously freaked out... That was a bit cheeky even if it lasted 1 minute or two before the whole murder took over...

He might not have these great one-liners, but he has these small cheeky retorts here and there, even if they've been more scarce with all the serpent stuff...

• Love 2

Cole kind of blows me away. Like his fellow child-actor peer who became an awesome adult--Joseph Gordon Levitt--I cannot believe the Disney machine didn't grind away his talent. He is wonderful. I don't always love the writing on this show (major understatement!) but he always plays his individual scenes perfectly. And he has chemistry to burn with Lili and the rest of the cast. Seriously, put him with almost any other actor in a scene and it works. He elevates AJ.

No spoilers but the simple scene in the Hills Have Eyes when Jughead and Archie are just chatting, guy to guy, is a delight. Both of them are so relaxed. You feel their friendship in a way the show hasn't' shown since Season 1. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/12/2018 at 8:54 PM, Sonoma said:

This is how Cole plays Jughead. His "brand" (Cole's word, not mine) is moody and dark, including his humor. His only source of light is Betty. (And Jellybean, but we haven't seen her yet.)

Oh, brother... I think my eyes may have permanent damage from the rolling. 

He's playing a cringeworthy collection of teen loner cliches. He's going a bit overboard in describing his Method. 

Edited by CherithCutestory
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, CherithCutestory said:

Oh, brother... I think my eyes may have permanent damage from the rolling. 

He's playing a cringeworthy collection of teen loner cliches. He's going a bit overboard in describing his Method. 

In s1 i thought he was so intense and complicated, his broodiness was really displayed..... 

now.... after learning about coles way of acting jughead,  I'm just like... what a whiney primadonna lol...

And yes it is cringey... 

Edited by PeekaBoo

Eh.. not just Cole trying to explain Jughead. To me a lot of times the actors try to explain certain things for their characters that make no sense to me. I mean.. Lili trying to explain Betty and her darkness and the wig and all that had me shaking my head and going.. “what?” Do whatever.

Actors need to try to “understand” the character they are playing in order to be even fairly successful.  They may interpret the character differently then the audience does but that may only be so they are able to connect better to the character.  I also think audiences being too aware of tropes doesn’t help at all.  The broody outsider is a fun character to play.  It’s not his fault that the internet has countless sites that explain how troupy that character is.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:50 PM, CherithCutestory said:

This is why I avoid all interviews with young actors for the most part. They all sound like gits for a while. ;^)   And honestly, for teen shows, they get asked the worst questions. The interviewers are bad too. They are all starting out. Even a smart one like Saoirse Ronan sounds smarter with an experienced interviewer.