Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

In the Media: The Riverdale Gazette

Camilla had to cancel some events:

DB0DB74C-C502-4F32-A05D-1CB51EDB5F18.jpeg

Eta: also KJ just announced his new movie:

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Convention list: Cole KJ And Lili are going to quite a few together! I love that trio at conventions!

8BAB8CA8-E82D-40AE-BFB8-99B246E38D5A.jpeg

• Like 1

Lili is done filming for the season, hoping she gets some rest, she’s been traveling back and forth from Vancouver and New York for the past week:

So as I posted Camilo was on Jimmy kimmel tonight, really short segment, only about 7 minutes. She didn’t talk about Riverdale really, just about a time the cast went out to some restaurant. They didn’t even show a clip from the show or anything. I kind of knew it would be short because she was the second guest and they don’t get much time usually. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

So Lilis new movie Hustlers is coming out September 13th(Which Also happens to be Lilis birthday): and yes I know Lili isn’t in this video but it’s where the announcement was made so I’m posting it. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

3 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Bwah. This show has really taken a nosedive. I’m basically waiting until S4 and may give it another try. The way S3 has taken shape turned out to be atrocious and repetitive. Only shining spot, for me, has been KJ.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to know how Comic-Con treated Cole, just take a look at his Insta stories. A bromance in pictures. 🤓

Or, from Lili’s POV:

So this is interesting. US Weekly just posted less than five minutes ago on Instagram that Cole and Lili broke up. It's so recent, doesn't seem like the fangirls and shippers have even realized since they're all still gushing on Tumblr. 

If true, kudos to them, looks like they're being very mature about it with Lili posting many funny posts/gifs of Cole and KJ from this weekend's ComicCon. And even a funny picture of her and Cole. 

Here's the link to the story

Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Split After 2 Years

Edited by truthaboutluv

I think they’ll both keep it professional, if true. Cole, especially, has been in this business forever. He knows how to handle it.

I never thought they were broken up, but I did think Lili looked irritated with him this weekend. I mean, he was being annoying, so I figured it was normal for them. 

I don't care if they did since those two are very young so I never expected their relationship to last anyway. But I was just on my Instagram feed again and I almost want them to confirm it's not true, just to see all the other publications end up with egg on their face.

Because literally everyone from Elle, Just Jared, Popsugar, etc. are all reporting this and yet their only source is the US Weekly article. Ah the age of social media. Not one of those publications seemed to have look to verify this for themselves. They're just simply reposting US Weekly's story. 

• Like 2

At the end of the day, whether or not they’re together only affects them, no one else. They shouldn’t feel obligated to comment unless they want to-either way.

25 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

she was at KJ as well at times.

Well, yes, but the difference is KJ doesn’t owe her anything. They aren’t together. He doesn’t need to be mothered. The fact that Cole continued despite Lili continuously commenting on it was just interesting to me, but again, I’m not saying I knew anything. I thought it was normal relationship annoyance. 

11 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

because I don’t think they are going to allow anything to happen where it shows that something is wrong or off

And they shouldn’t. Nothing has changed for Riverdale, the fictional show. I understand fans get attached to real-life couples and so forth, but this is life. Maybe they didn’t break up, maybe they did and they’ll get back together in an hour or maybe they’ll never get back together, lol. Still, Riverdale is unchanged. They’re actors.

2 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

I agree with you on all this. And I hope it stays friendly if it’s true. That’s all that worries me is that it will affect the show because unfortunately it can, Ive seen many shows where couples were together and broke up and it caused issues within the show.

IMO, those actors were unprofessional. Could the same thing happen with Lili and Cole? Sure, they’re human. Shit happens. But I’d hope they’d take the higher road—as they knew what they were getting into by dating a co-worker.

17 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

Also based on comic con pictures I think cole May have broken up with Lili for KJ. 

LMAO. I don’t blame him. 😜

48 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

Seriously, I love their bromance! I know people like the KJ/Charles but the KJ/Cole is seriously underrated. 

They’re both cute, but yeah, KJ/Cole >>>>>

3 hours ago, Unsimplistic said:

pictures of Charles and Camilla and the caption says something to do with    “Just because Lili and Cole broke up, you can still have love or something

Lawd, that’s so dumb. But those accounts do anything for likes, so I shouldn’t be surprised. 

I do think social media isn’t going to be a fun place for Cole and Lili fans in the near future. They’re gonna have to avoid that crap.

Honestly anything can happen at this point. Worst case scenario they look like they can stay professional and even on good terms. Perhaps it will even bring the cast closer.

However, like I said anything can happen. They are young but were very much in love and seemed like genuine friends as well as bf/gf. (They were no longer in the "dating" stage.) I have seen them around a few places and Cole always looked completely besotted by Lili and she looked at him like he hung the moon. But aside from being young, they worked and lived together and are really kick starting their careers right now with other projects. They were introduced to new relationship stressors in addition to being constantly stalked and harassed and hounded by trolls on social media. Something had to break at some point. I hope they can work things out but if not again, it looks like they may be able to handle it just fine. I still love their dynamic on screen and look forward to that.

Also, maybe the details don't matter but some of what has been reported is not true. They're saying they were no longer living together when they returned to Vancouver for filming. I know 100% they were living together at the start of filming and still together, which a pap has also confirmed. So the break-up would have happened in July unless at that point they already knew they would break up and would taper things off. And while they were reportedly avoiding each other at the EW party, they were spotted together at the previous night's reception. Again, the details may not matter but wanted to throw that out there. I will say Cole has been spotted drinking and smoking a lot more lately and was I think pretty much drunk and/or high throughout the weekend. This behavior isn't as frequent when he's with Lili. She's more grounded. Which, hey, that could be another stressor and they may be at different points in their lives.

Whatever the case, I wish them the best. They and KJ are the reason I stick with this show. 

Honestly, I don't think it's that dramatic. I've seen nothing about any cheating allegations, so my guess it's probably coming from some random blogs, trolling comments or whatever. The negative comments about Cole are probably stemming up AGAIN from the stuff with his ex-girlfriend, right before Riverdale premiered where she ranted on Tumblr about his supposedly being emotionally abusive, before deleting them.

Personally I read the stuff and it just read like the rantings of an emotional, dramatic 22 year old who was pissed she got dumped and as she herself put it, "had to go back to Texas and could no longer stay in the fancy New York apartment". She seemed really pressed about that. Many viewers of the show who are not Cole fans have long being using this and dropping comments across social media about it. 

In terms of actual mainstream media, the only coverage of this is that the two split, it's sad but they seem to be getting along fine. So I wouldn't over analyze any of this. Cole and Lili are young. Dating a costar is always tricky, everyone knows that. If Comic Con is anything to go by, they clearly seem to have no issues working together and being around each other. So I wouldn't over dramatize this. They dated, now they're not and they're being professionals and continuing their job on the show. Done and done. 

45 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

I’m just nervous about it changing the shows  story and direction at some point. 

Eh, if people didn’t think Cole and Lili dating had any affect on story direction then the same should apply to a breakup. Regardless of real-life status, Bughead were never going to stay happily together forever if this show continued. That’s not how this particular show or TV drama works in general.  So I hope people don’t try to use this new development as if it correlates with Bughead’s storyline in Season 4.

15 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

if it gets uncomfortable the show can Change the direction

But this is what I’m referring to. What exactly is “changing direction”? Are you just referencing what you to believe to be “endgame” (as in, last episode in the series finale) or the future storylines that will happen as the show continues? For example, if Bughead break up this season for whatever reason, is that a change of direction or something that was always going to happen? 

Well if it helps, most of the popular fictional pairings where the actors dated in real life but broke up, still ended up together when the show ended. Seth and Summer on The O.C. ended up together (Adam and Rachel were already broken up by then), Dan and Serena for Gossip Girl ended up together (same story with Penn and Blake) and most recently, Damon and Elena on Vampire Diaries, and of course Ian and Nina had ended their relationship. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

I feel like they are perhaps the end pairing for the shows final end.

Got it. 

I understand the idea of believing that because it could be uncomfortable that things would change for the end of the series but, in my mind, and I’ve said this before, I would find that highly unprofessional. And I’d hope Roberto, if he does have some idea of how he wants the show to end, wouldn’t change his mind based on those circumstances. That’s the price some have to pay for getting involved with a co-star. You just have to deal with it sometimes unless it’s a dangerous situation of some sort, which clearly this is not.

I don’t think in terms of “endgame”, though. It’s not a concern I particularly have, but obviously everyone watches for different reasons. I’ve been expecting drama for Bughead, anyway, and I do think they’ll date other people, and I don’t believe it will have anything to do with Cole and Lili. Although I know some of their fans will pretend that’s the reason X, Y, Z will happen.

3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Honestly, I don't think it's that dramatic. I've seen nothing about any cheating allegations, so my guess it's probably coming from some random blogs, trolling comments or whatever. The negative comments about Cole are probably stemming up AGAIN from the stuff with his ex-girlfriend, right before Riverdale premiered where she ranted on Tumblr about his supposedly being emotionally abusive, before deleting them.

Personally I read the stuff and it just read like the rantings of an emotional, dramatic 22 year old who was pissed she got dumped and as she herself put it, "had to go back to Texas and could no longer stay in the fancy New York apartment". She seemed really pressed about that. Many viewers of the show who are not Cole fans have long being using this and dropping comments across social media about it. 

In terms of actual mainstream media, the only coverage of this is that the two split, it's sad but they seem to be getting along fine. So I wouldn't over analyze any of this. Cole and Lili are young. Dating a costar is always tricky, everyone knows that. If Comic Con is anything to go by, they clearly seem to have no issues working together and being around each other. So I wouldn't over dramatize this. They dated, now they're not and they're being professionals and continuing their job on the show. Done and done. 

I agree. I brought up how some of the details weren't quite matching up but at the end of the day it's their relationship. They will either get back together or they will remain broken up and continue on as professionals. Cole is an old pro and Lili is pretty grounded so I don't see them not being able to continue to do their job and respecting their castmates and mutual friends. It's just always sad to see two people who were truly in love break up. And I really hope that the trolls stop harassing them. If there's a silver lining, maybe being broken up will lessen the stalking and harassment.

Edited by MollyWebber

8 hours ago, Unsimplistic said:

I feel like I’m going crazy over this because no media outlets are even trying to get new information 

I only trust People mag, and because they’re reporting on it, I believe the breakup happened. But I get what you’re saying. The info can seem very recycled.

When they got together I thought that TV teen couples don't have the best history. They changed the OTP (OTH). The break up was almost certain at some point, just like in life people break up. I felt almost bad for the producers and writers..

I remember when it became official that they were dating, I rolled my eyes. As a Bughead shipper, it was the last thing I wanted to find out. I mean, it’s their business of course but when you’re invested in a TV show you have to wonder if personal lives will affect the show you are putting your time and energy into. I just want the storylines and direction of the show to remain organic without being altered due to any tension between them. This show works, insanity and all, because it doesn’t hold back, it just goes with the flow. Hope it maintains.

1 hour ago, Unsimplistic said:

I really don’t think he wanted to talk about it.

I’m sure he didn’t want to, lol. That’s the negative aspect of Lili and/or Cole not responding to the stories. They obviously don’t have to and I don’t really care, but it’s their castmates that are going to continuously get hounded with these questions and speculations. 

44 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I’m sure he didn’t want to, lol. That’s the negative aspect of Lili and/or Cole not responding to the stories. They obviously don’t have to and I don’t really care, but it’s their castmates that are going to continuously get hounded with these questions and speculations. 

Very true. I re-watched their panel and the others even seemed like they were very well aware of the situation, almost like they didn’t want any tension or odd questions indicating people were finally finding out the news. 

It’s definitely not fair to the others. I’m sure they’re always on high alert wondering if they’ll get a question about the situation. If Cole and Lili are smart they will just release a quick statement about it, not even answering specifically if they are together or not, but just acknowledging the endless reports and even indirectly asking that castmates not be asked about their lives. 

Edited by Auror

12 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

Yeah, I’m not sure if that would stop anyone. Reporters are ruthless. Also I very much doubt we are going to get anything from Lili and Cole. We haven’t really before, let alone now and they don’t owe anything to anyone but I feel bad for the other people of Riverdale, the cast, the crew, etc.

One is the reasons I think this is still such a big topic is because Lili and Cole were super private(with little nuggets here and there, rare red carpet appearances and tidbits in magazines) and that’s why people are all the more interested in it now. 

Exactly. That’s why this seems so weird. There was talk that Cole told someone they broke up. They are known to be super private so it seems weird he would be openly talking about it with media all over the place to overhear. Doesn’t really add up. I almost feel like the true story has not even been revealed yet. Not that it has to be revealed. 

20 minutes ago, Auror said:

so it seems weird he would be openly talking about it with media all over the place to overhear

The whole thing is super weird, but it’s also not a coincidence to me that this was all revealed RIGHT after Comic-Con and all the interviews were over. It’s almost as if the timing of it all was manipulated. I don’t mean to be a conspiracy theorist, but yeah. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tabularasa said:

When they got together I thought that TV teen couples don't have the best history. They changed the OTP (OTH). The break up was almost certain at some point, just like in life people break up. I felt almost bad for the producers and writers..

As a person who remembered The O.C. and OTH days quite well, actually the original OTP of OTH was Lucas and Peyton, and they did end the series together. It was Lucas and Brooke that was never really supposed to happen, or at least not be a serious pairing, until Sophia Bush and Chad Michael Murray got together. So in the end, the show worked out exactly as they originally intended. 

4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

The castmates have the same power to make it clear pre-interview that they don't want to be asked about this. Honestly, right now I feel like it's really social media and online forums like this making this into a bigger deal than it probably is. Maybe things will change down the line and egos and hurt feelings and drama will come into play.

However as of right now, both are keeping a respectable silence in my opinion. Considering how private those two were for so long about their relationship, did anyone really expect them to address the breakup? It is what it is.

They showed up for their professional obligations, acted professionally, I saw no animosity, no matter what bullshit lame publications like Buzzfeed are now trying to drum up about some of their banter. Honestly, as of this moment, I feel like some are looking for or anticipating a drama that's actually not happening. This whole thing so far has been one of the most normal, uneventful celebrity splits I can remember in years. 

3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

The whole thing is super weird, but it’s also not a coincidence to me that this was all revealed RIGHT after Comic-Con and all the interviews were over. It’s almost as if the timing of it all was manipulated. I don’t mean to be a conspiracy theorist, but yeah. 

No big conspiracy in my opinion, just the normal way Hollywood operates. Of course they would not have wanted this to get out days before or anytime prior to Comic Con because yes, that's when things would have been REALLY awkward with the media. Everyone looking to see how they act, what they say, media trying to sneak in questions while not actually asking since I'm sure there would been some request that they not ask about it, etc. 

The way this happened, they got to do their Comic Con requirements with no pressure and when it was over, the news was released knowing that they all have some time before they have any major media interviews again. No different than many actors/actresses who have waited after the release of a film, new project, etc. to announce a split with their famous spouse.

Edited by truthaboutluv

57 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I never even thought of that option. I think you’re right. 

I just noticed Lili responded to Shannon Purser on Twitter. They were talking about bread, lol. I don’t think Lili is ever going to say a word and that’s her right. I just hope like I said storylines are not altered in any way. I don’t even mean Bughead only. I mean, in general. Who knows, maybe an Archie storyline will be adjusted so Lili or Cole get less scenes together. I know I’m overanalyzing. 

Edited by Auror

16 minutes ago, Auror said:

Who knows, maybe an Archie storyline will be adjusted so Lili or Cole get less scenes together. I know I’m overanalyzing. 

Is this referencing Betty and Archie being visited? Because I always thought that would happen at some point anyway.

10 minutes ago, Unsimplistic said:

they seemed fine enough at con to work professionally so it shouldn’t alter things.

They were fine. Lili just didn’t seem to have as much patience with Cole that day than Cami and Mads, but it wasn’t a huge deal. Maybe she was just having a bad day.