Type keyword(s) to search

DragonBall Z - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The twit with the hunting rifle pisses off Buu so much that he has a rage-gasm, resulting in a New Buu who has all of his evil and stuff, but none of the fat. Seriously, dude is emaciated. New Buu disposes of the hunter with approximately a kiloton of force, then trots over to have a stare-down with Buu.

The one thing I took from this episode: How would you rather go out? Be turned into an egg and crushed or turned into chocolate and eaten? 

Very bold and crazy of ChiChi to smack Buu but she kinda went out on her own terms compared to others who had became part of Buu's digestive system. 

I detect a pattern: First time Gotenks showed up, he was arrogant and stupid and got his ass kicked. In this episode, he's stupid and arrogant and mostly getting his ass kicked. In the episode of Super that was on just before this, he was stupid and arrogant and getting his ass kicked.

I assume that he's going to fail against Super Buu, otherwise all the stuff with Goku and Gohan powering up is pointless.

And in this episode, Gotenks is...wait for it...arrogant and stupid; enough to play mind games with Piccolo, who then traps them all in the time chamber. Oops. But not before Gotenks unleashes a bunch of Gotenks the Friendly Ghost Bombs that inconvenience Buu for almost a minute.

ETA: Almost forgot to mention - Buu reading a magazine titled GAR made me laugh. GAR came from internet posts about Fate/Stay Night, and means "so manly that he makes other men gay."

Edited by Sandman87

It's always different when it's ones own kid. Admittedly I rolled my eyes at Bulma ranting over Gotenks being too young to fight. No one other than ChiChi had a problem with Gohan fighting Saiyans and Androids and if she had known, Freeza and the Ginyu Force. The only time anyone took issue with Gohan fighting happened during the Cell Games. 

Watching Mr. Satan walk the empty streets with Bee reminds me of the Omega Man. While Mr. Satan is a fool and the luckiest person ever he has some skills since he avoided Buu's antenna head and didn't get turned into candy. 

@Terrafamilia . . . crap. I haven't been watching DBZK, and I forgot that part. But still, death is never that final with those people. Gotenks is a jackass, I'll give you that . . . though he/they became the first living Saiyan(s) to go to the third level.

ETA for @Terrafamilia .. . maybe the Dragon Balls are still out there. Remember, the "old" rules were negated when Kami fused with Piccolo and Dende was brought in. I don't know. To quote Goku in Team Four Star's abridgement of the Broly movie: "I'm sure I'll pull something out my butt."

Edited by Lantern7

While I'm bored watching Gotenks antics with Buu, Piccolo's facial reaction makes up for it. That's definitely Kami's side coming out at what's happening to his Lookout. 

On Sun Jan 21 2018 at 3:44 PM, Terrafamilia said:

But don't they need Dende for the dragon balls to even exist? Shouldn't Gotenks at least be concerned about that?

I don't think Trunks and Goten know this. Growing up in peace and as young as they are, there hasn't been a need for them to know everyone's history or the dragon balls. Trunks knows his Dad was a prince but he doesn't know he was evil. 

On Sun Jan 21 2018 at 5:16 PM, Lantern7 said:

@Terrafamilia . . . crap. I haven't been watching DBZK, and I forgot that part. But still, death is never that final with those people. 

ETA for

Super has definitely made dying into a big joke. Still, even with Goku's death by Cell  the lessons weren't learned. Look at Gohan as a teen. Sure ChiChi gets blamed for that but I think it has more to do with Goku than her. 

On Sun Jan 21 2018 at 11:06 PM, Sandman87 said:

Trucks and Goten are also jackasses. They planned out this idiocy while they were unfused.

With the fusion I always wondered if one personality is more dominant than the other? After seeing ChiChi die, Goten was serious about getting stronger while Trunks was blase about it and thought they had a lot of time since they were in the Time Chamber. Later on, while Trunks and Goten were planning their fight against Buu, Goten went along with Trunks ideas because he thinks he's smarter.

Trunks is arrogant. Both parents are but I think Trunks arrogance is from Bulma more than Vegeta since she is more in charge of raising Trunks. Goten is playful and doesn't take things too serious. Because Chichi loosen up too much with raising Goten and allowing him to spend more time with Trunks, he's more influenced by him. 

It makes for a bad combination of the two of them to fight a monster like Buu. 

6 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

With the fusion I always wondered if one personality is more dominant than the other? After seeing ChiChi die, Goten was serious about getting stronger while Trunks was blase about it and thought they had a lot of time since they were in the Time Chamber. Later on, while Trunks and Goten were planning their fight against Buu, Goten went along with Trunks ideas because he thinks he's smarter.

Trunks is arrogant. Both parents are but I think Trunks arrogance is from Bulma more than Vegeta since she is more in charge of raising Trunks. Goten is playful and doesn't take things too serious. Because Chichi loosen up too much with raising Goten and allowing him to spend more time with Trunks, he's more influenced by him. 

It makes for a bad combination of the two of them to fight a monster like Buu. 

I agree, Trunks always came across as being kind of arrogant and Gotenks is doubly so.  I'm kind of getting bored with this arc since it seems like Gotenks can't actually win so I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and Gohan to come back into the fight.  Although I also love Piccolo being the  adult in the room.  It looks like next week will have the plot finally move forward (or at least be the end of the Gotenks fight).

On Sun Jan 28 2018 at 11:58 PM, Sandman87 said:

Still waiting for Gotenks to do anything that justifies his existence. Ever. Did we really need another regular character who can't beat the bad guy when there's already a whole herd of them?

Well, everyone has to look incompetent so you know who comes back. I don't mind Gotenks being useless except his story arc took too long.

In regards to Goku's speech on appreciating life and not taking it for granted, he certainly forgot that in Super.

Edited by Arcadiasw

The latest episode proves that even when they're not fused, Goten and Trunks are too stupid to live -

Goten: "Think he's asleep? Maybe we can run away."

Trunks: "No, he might be faking. Go yank his thingy to see if he wakes up."

Goten: "Oh yeah, good idea."

Piccolo: "WTF is wrong with you two?!"

• Love 2

Goten and Trunks are the latest characters sacrificed for a joke or story. They could've been more but became one note  characters like Launch, ChiChi and Yamcha. 

You could say Goten is the way he is because Chichi slack on her parenting. Still mourning Goku, raised Goten so he's more like Goku. I.e. his hairstyle, not studying as much, let him wander off more. Gohan did not have that type of freedom. 

Trunks while I expect to be arrogant isn't smart like his parents. Trunks doesn't have to be a super genius like his mother and grandpa but even as a kid should be above average in intelligence and a little strategic like his Dad. 

Piccolo: Why are you guys getting so arrogant when you power up?

Me: Saiyan blood.

No hybrid Saiyan is immune to it. Not even Gohan. However, you would think Gohan of all people would be aware of what happens when you get too arrogant  and not finish your opponent off when you have the chance. 

Honest Game Trailers covers Dragon Ball FighterZ. Looks great for fans, plenty of characters, and you can get the Ginyu Force arguing with Gotenks about posing, which . . . damn, that totally would have worked if those bozos didn’t get killed by Vegeta.

Mr. Satan too lucky for all that. 

It seemed like Gotenks vs Buu took forever and Gohan vs Buu was over before you could blink. I think they might've spliced Gohan's fight and Goku's resurrection too fast and didn't splice up enough of the Gotenks and Buu fight 

How come Buu can absorb powers, memories and intelligence, but doesn't seem to absorb personality? Is he just so off-the-charts evil that absorbing two or three heroes barely moves the needle?

I feel like all of that Gohen powering up stuff was a complete waste of time. They should at least have given us a couple more episodes of fighting before Buu thrashed him like a rented mule.

Vegito* probably has a plan. Remember, he got turned into candy and beat the snot out of Buu. You think he'd let sticky assimilation deter him?

*Years ago, before the timeskip aired in the States, I heard the fused fighter's name was Gogeta. That sounds better, doesn't it?

Edited by Lantern7

Yeah I am definitely over the episodes that are 22 solid minutes of Vegeta and/or Goku basically talking about how they're going to fight and win and want their Genuinely Intent To Destroy Earth Enemy to stand around and listen and power up as much as possible instead of, you know,  just trying to kick ass immediately and as quickly as possible. They will pretty much never learn that lesson. And I mean, if they do this in say, a tournament or some sort of formal competition, ok fine. But REAL FIGHT? with real danger and an actual villain? Dudes, shut up and if you're so confident you can win just win already, don't stand around talking about it as if victory over someone actually weaker than you somehow shames you personally.

• Love 1
On 3/18/2018 at 12:45 AM, Lantern7 said:

Vegito* probably has a plan. Remember, he got turned into candy and beat the snot out of Buu. You think he'd let sticky assimilation deter him?

*Years ago, before the timeskip aired in the States, I heard the fused fighter's name was Gogeta. That sounds better, doesn't it?

Vegetto is the name of the character resulting from the Potara fusion, "Vegeta" plus "Kakarotto".  Gogeta is the character resulting from the Metamor "fusion dance", "Goku" plus "Vegeta".

Exactly what part of Buu's body are they in right now? Those fleshy things imprisoning their friends look vaguely brain-like, but it seems more likely that they're somewhere in the vicinity of the stomach.

Goku and Buu get down to some serious fighting. Vegita angsts about how he can never catch up to Goku. Meanwhile, down in Hell,, the damned get a break from only being able to watch ABC's daytime lineup because the devils (all of whom are dressed like they work at the local gym, complete with t-shirts that say "HELL") want to watch the fight on their big-screen supernatural TV. Bobbity brags about how he made Buu and then secretly roots for Goku.

56 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

Vegeta needs to work on his communication skills. 

LOL that moment always made me laugh in the original DBZ:

Vegeta (forced calm): People of Earth....RAISE YOUR ARMS NOW OR WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!

• Love 1

So the Earth people won't listen to Vegeta because they have no idea who he is. If only there were someone handy who's famous all over the world, someone who's not doing anything else that's useful, someone who loves to talk to an audience...

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, Sandman87 said:

So the Earth people won't listen to Vegeta because they have no idea who he is. If only there were someone handy who's famous all over the world, someone who's not doing anything else that's useful, someone who loves to talk to an audience...

Someone who can finally do something honorable and not steal the credit of someone else's hard work....

(edited)

The part where Mr. Satan gets the people of Earth to give energy to Goku . . . years ago, I saw this AMV at an anime con, set to "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz.  The crowd laughed at the part with Mr. Satan at 2:29. Still an endearing video.

ETA: DBZK is coming to an end soon, right?

Edited by Lantern7

I get the feeling that the opening credits are supposed to change over time, but that [as] has just been using the same opening credits for the Buu stuff because it's easier. By now I would expect that Bobbity and Diabura would be gone from them, and that they'd show Gotenks instead of a Gotenks-shaped outline.

I've seen [as] do that before with other shows where I knew for a fact that the credits change.