Type keyword(s) to search

Black Ink Crew - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/2/2017 at 10:50 PM, Brooklynista said:

Exactly what did O'Shits new bride thing she was getting marrying an unemployed semi-ex coke head? With several baby mommas?  

And why is she paying his child support anyway? That's his bill. He needs to get several more jobs if he can't swing it. Collect cans as Judge Judy would suggest.

That doesn't make any sense if they just got married. The papers may have been filed but it takes a while for this info to be in the system. Also if she has no income and they can not garnish from her savings.

I would imagine Richard has been asking for money from her. I also wonder how they get paid from VH1 - is it one lump sum at the end of filming or is it a bi-weekly check they get while filming? I'm thinking the second scenario and she took that check cashed it and went to get her plastic surgery before a court of law could take it.

I also don't blame Krazy Kathy for going to court to get child support. Richard had a lot less money before this show and once on the tv show his income went way up compared to what he used to have. Better to have it court mandated for that nut to take care of his child on the regular as opposed to when he remembers to.

I'm starting to wonder if Skye has some kind of addiction - her eyes are often way too glassy and her temper is out of control.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

That doesn't make any sense if they just got married. The papers may have been filed but it takes a while for this info to be in the system. Also if she has no income and they can not garnish from her savings.

I would imagine Richard has been asking for money from her. I also wonder how they get paid from VH1 - is it one lump sum at the end of filming or is it a bi-weekly check they get while filming? I'm thinking the second scenario and she took that check cashed it and went to get her plastic surgery before a court of law could take it.

I also don't blame Krazy Kathy for going to court to get child support. Richard had a lot less money before this show and once on the tv show his income went way up compared to what he used to have. Better to have it court mandated for that nut to take care of his child on the regular as opposed to when he remembers to.

I'm starting to wonder if Skye has some kind of addiction - her eyes are often way too glassy and her temper is out of control.

Agreed about Kathy...honestly can we really call her Crazy at this point? She has every right to take him to court. We've watched her scream and fight for money to help with their son the entire four (five? I can't remember) seasons he's been on this show. Each time he's gone back on what he's promised. And with VH1 cutting him a check, he really has no excuse to not pay her anything. O'SHIT ain't shit, and niether is his shady ass wife. Y'all are broke but she can fly to DR for a week and get a "mommy makeover?" Girl, bye.

Also agree about Skye. Her schtick was funny at first, but between the fighting, the screeching at ALL times, flashing her foobs and talking about her sad vagina, she has just become unbearable to watch. I don't know if she's on something or she's just fighting to keep her spot on the show.

Newsflash Lalo...a baby is a helluva lot more permanent than a marriage. You can walk away from a marriage relatively unscathed. But a child permanently links you whether you are in a relationship or not. That commitment ceremony was a quick save from that whole argument. A lot of women are more enamored by a wedding than the the actual marriage, I just did not think Melody was one of them. They're still cute though.

Now, that whole mess at the Tattoo Convention...I got secondhand embarrassment for Ceasar. I'm not even into tattoos like that and even I've heard of that convention. It's HUGE. I don't care that Ted is Cease's cousin, that alone is enough for him to fire his ass from any business dealings. How do you half-ass your way through that type of paperwork? And you didn't follow up with so much as a confirmation email? I also get second hand embarrassment from this whole Cease <3 Tatu Baby bullshit. They have absolutely zero chemistry and you can't convince me she would even look twice at his Milk Dud head if the cameras weren't rolling. The closest they've gotten was her trying to teach him to salsa, and even that was awkward. I'm not sure who they're trying to fool with that storyline, other than a quick check for Tatu Baby. Sidebar: I was a pretty avid watcher of Ink Master, I don't recall Tatu Baby having that much T & A. She must have gotten the mommy makeover too *Kanye shrug*

As much as they are trying to paint Dutchess as some heartless bitch who left poor whittle Cease, and I am definitely not a fan of hers...she's the one winning here. She has her shop, which she has been talking about since season one. She does appearances, fundraisers, etc and as snooty as she can be, she seems to be very business minded. Why is wrong for leaving a man who completely humiliated her out on the street, in front of her family, and on television? Whether you believe the story or not (which I do believe). And even after all that, she still agreed to meet up with him so he could explain, and he stood her up. And THEN she finds random vaginas on his computer and text messages? Eff that. There's not one woman on here that would be okay with any of this. Why shouldn't she move on with her life? She lives in a completely different state so why hold on to something that isn't going anywhere. Good for her for focusing on herself. And that dress she was wearing at the convention was gorgeous. Clearly she managed to get her paperwork done ;-)

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

Agreed about Kathy...honestly can we really call her Crazy at this point? She has every right to take him to court. We've watched her scream and fight for money to help with their son the entire four (five? I can't remember) seasons he's been on this show. Each time he's gone back on what he's promised. And with VH1 cutting him a check, he really has no excuse to not pay her anything. O'SHIT ain't shit, and niether is his shady ass wife. Y'all are broke but she can fly to DR for a week and get a "mommy makeover?" Girl, bye.

Also agree about Skye. Her schtick was funny at first, but between the fighting, the screeching at ALL times, flashing her foobs and talking about her sad vagina, she has just become unbearable to watch. I don't know if she's on something or she's just fighting to keep her spot on the show.

Newsflash Lalo...a baby is a helluva lot more permanent than a marriage. You can walk away from a marriage relatively unscathed. But a child permanently links you whether you are in a relationship or not. That commitment ceremony was a quick save from that whole argument. A lot of women are more enamored by a wedding than the the actual marriage, I just did not think Melody was one of them. They're still cute though.

Now, that whole mess at the Tattoo Convention...I got secondhand embarrassment for Ceasar. I'm not even into tattoos like that and even I've heard of that convention. It's HUGE. I don't care that Ted is Cease's cousin, that alone is enough for him to fire his ass from any business dealings. How do you half-ass your way through that type of paperwork? And you didn't follow up with so much as a confirmation email? I also get second hand embarrassment from this whole Cease <3 Tatu Baby bullshit. They have absolutely zero chemistry and you can't convince me she would even look twice at his Milk Dud head if the cameras weren't rolling. The closest they've gotten was her trying to teach him to salsa, and even that was awkward. I'm not sure who they're trying to fool with that storyline, other than a quick check for Tatu Baby. Sidebar: I was a pretty avid watcher of Ink Master, I don't recall Tatu Baby having that much T & A. She must have gotten the mommy makeover too *Kanye shrug*

As much as they are trying to paint Dutchess as some heartless bitch who left poor whittle Cease, and I am definitely not a fan of hers...she's the one winning here. She has her shop, which she has been talking about since season one. She does appearances, fundraisers, etc and as snooty as she can be, she seems to be very business minded. Why is wrong for leaving a man who completely humiliated her out on the street, in front of her family, and on television? Whether you believe the story or not (which I do believe). And even after all that, she still agreed to meet up with him so he could explain, and he stood her up. And THEN she finds random vaginas on his computer and text messages? Eff that. There's not one woman on here that would be okay with any of this. Why shouldn't she move on with her life? She lives in a completely different state so why hold on to something that isn't going anywhere. Good for her for focusing on herself. And that dress she was wearing at the convention was gorgeous. Clearly she managed to get her paperwork done ;-)

I call her Krazy cause it seems she still would jump on his dick if he gave her a chance.

• Love 1

All I kept thinking during Melody and Lalo's commitment ceremony was that they sliced open their hands and then jumped into that water with all kinds of bacteria and things of that nature in it and I got the shudders.  

That was a nice scene, though, compared to the foolery of the rest of the episode like O'Shit and the shady background of his wife, which I give absolutely not one damb about.  Their drinking caused a little side eye but they are grown folks and that is their business, whatever.  And since pretty much everyone and their cousin knows that Ceasar and Dutchess split up, there was no surprise at how that turned out.

• Love 1

What I couldn't co-sign was the Tattoo Baby storyline. Why would she attach herself to this clusterfuck of a show and not have her artwork showcased every episode? Hardly seems worth it to only be labeled as a jump off for Caesar.

• Love 2
On 3/25/2017 at 7:33 AM, Brooklynista said:

What I couldn't co-sign was the Tattoo Baby storyline. Why would she attach herself to this clusterfuck of a show and not have her artwork showcased every episode? Hardly seems worth it to only be labeled as a jump off for Caesar.

Exactly.  She is so talented! 

I wonder if maybe she was filmed more in hopes of getting a spinoff but she/her shop ended up not being exciting enough so they left her on the cutting room floor. She's sexy, a good artist, Miami's a hot spot, probably could get some "celebs" to stop in...can't imagine that the thought didn't cross someone in production's mind. 

• Love 1

Well that was a show. 

1. That was a nice tat tree hugger did

2. Not for me to judge but I see nothing attractive about her or her faux husband. His attitude sealed my dislike for his grungy ass. 

3. Ms. Kitty has undone that cute little image she faked hard to maintain from day 1 all for the sake of Ceasar's little Jamaican dick. I hope it was worth it. She know makes me think her breath stinks and her P ain't good. Ivmean, he flirted with that funny looking friend of Skye in her face. What other conclusions should be drawn?

4. Oh how I love me some Ryan.

5. I just can't with Richard's fake wife. I mean, the chick had pictures! Something is terribly off about this story. What man throws water in a woman's face? Maybe one who knows the truth already? And how did Nikki appear so quickly? At least TRY to fool us show.

6. Love Walt. Pays your check, you give him sex cabbage patch.

7. Skye is too loud. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Well that was a show. 

1. That was a nice tat tree hugger did

2. Not for me to judge but I see nothing attractive about her or her faux husband. His attitude sealed my dislike for his grungy ass. 

3. Ms. Kitty has undone that cute little image she faked hard to maintain from day 1 all for the sake of Ceasar's little Jamaican dick. I hope it was worth it. She know makes me think her breath stinks and her P ain't good. Ivmean, he flirted with that funny looking friend of Skye in her face. What other conclusions should be drawn?

4. Oh how I love me some Ryan.

5. I just can't with Richard's fake wife. I mean, the chick had pictures! Something is terribly off about this story. What man throws water in a woman's face? Maybe one who knows the truth already? And how did Nikki appear so quickly? At least TRY to fool us show.

6. Love Walt. Pays your check, you give him sex cabbage patch.

7. Skye is too loud. 

2. Totally agree...there's a fine line between Latino Machismo and being a straight up asshole. Manager = more money, Lalo. It's funny how they never mention that part. But I guess the dramz is what will get Melody a spot in the opening credits next season, since Dutchess probably won't be a part of it after this (countdown to her own show in 3, 2, 1...). You're hitting below the belt with those mom and managing family comments though. That's an awful thing to say to a new, first time mom and enough for me to take a swipe at your face with the switchblade you cut my hand open with during that stupid commitment ceremony.

3. Methinks Ceasar has been giving Miss Kitty some milk for a while now, pre breakup, that hookup went from 0 to 60 a little too quickly. Plus, who gets that possessive that quickly? At least Dutchess and Cease were in an actual relationship when he start appointing her Queen of Everything. Kitty was a one night stand. Something in the milk ain't clean (haha.).

5. Mr. & Mrs. Duncan are just weird, but watching this last night, my husband noticed Nikki say something along the lines of "I never made a secret of that!" while fighting the truthbearer. And instead of pulling the two women apart, O'Shit throws water in the other girl's face? I think he already knows about Nikki's skeletons and married her anyway. And looking back I don't think he's ever directly denied knowing anything. But like Ceasar said, it's his life and his business. No point in trying to "expose" facts he seems to already know about. Side bar: I need to know where Nikki gets her wigs from, I really thought that hair was growing out of her head.

6. I've wondered what Walt's role was since season 1 but clearly it's to bring the funny. So he can stay :-)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

6. I've wondered what Walt's role was since season 1 but clearly it's to bring the funny. So he can stay :-)

I love me some Walt.  I'm curious though.  The hat he wears in confessional has the pink triangle. Is he gay? Won't change a thing, just wondering if it's a logo for something else. I'd love it if he was. 

Nikki is a mess.  

Skye... I love her off the cuff comments but she's too smart to be screaming and pulling table cloths. She can cut with her words so well, that's enough for me. 

Love Mel! Exactly, more money! 

Ceasar and his cousin, what's his name, are pigs. 

Walt's chyron says he's the assistant manager, but I really think he's just the only reliable non-crazy guy they know so they had to keep him around in some capacity.

I do think it's weird he's never been a part of the "I wanna be the manager" crew of Teddy,Mel, and Sky.

• Love 1

The adventures of Yung Bae cracks me up.

Skye is definitely high on something and drunk most of the time. Is she manic/depressive?

Ceasar is a messy and is attracted to messy. He was with Dutchess so long that he is most comfortable with drama in his life.

Dutchess is mad at Kitty & Skye? Anyone think VH1 will give her a spinoff?

O RiShit is still getting high.

• Love 1

LAWD have mercy!!! This show is a hot mess!!! But I will admit that I kind of love it. Last night when Donna instantly started acting funny style when Skye announced that she would be managing the ATL shop was crazy.  Skye let this girl move in with her when she didn't have any place to go and she also helped her get her job back, but wanted to act like Skye was doing her dirty by accepting the job!! Donna was beyond selfish and instead of being mad who she should be mad at (herself) she took her jealously and anger out on Skye and Ceasar.  These people want everything without having to work for it. Donna, boo be a steady reliable employee for at least a year before you start talking shit about what you want.   Now do I feel that Skye "deserves" the manager position, I don't know.  Because going from receptionist is a huge jump in my opinion.  It takes a lot to manage a shop.  getting bills paid, negotiating contracts with vendors, scheduling, dealing with customer and vendor complaints, managing staff etc.  Now I don't know how Skye acts in real life so she may be amazing at the job. Things must be going well because she posted on IG that she purchased her first home in Atlanta and its beautiful, so I do wish her much luck and success.

• Love 2

Oh Donna, I want you to win, but the only thing standing in your way is yourself. What have you done that has warranted a promotion? IIRC, she's never been more than an apprentice, and community booty for all of the male employees of Black Ink with the occasional female (I'm looking at you, Dutchess). And during this time, you've been fired and rehired twice. I'm skeptical of Sky's management skills myself, especially after that whole pitch meeting for her vagina workout video (that was painful to watch) but at least she's been an actual employee. The jealousy seething off of Donna was palpable. I'm no Sky fan, but Donna...she gave you a place to stay after your marriage ended, somehow managed to get you a job, etc. You came off as crazy and ungrateful, for real. And PS, who your boss is sleeping with is NONE of your business. As long as he signs your paycheck, that's all you need to care about.

Speaking of Cease, I don't buy this Kitty/Ceaser "romance," but I do buy that they've been FOBs since before him and Dutchess broke up. They do have chemistry and have had it since Episode 1. That is the worst kind of snake, IMO, one that will smile in your face and suck your man's dick the second you turn your back. I'm actually looking forward to seeing her get maced next week.

Dutchess was a punk for pulling out the spray when she hadn't even been provoked/attacked. If I was Kitty, I would've politely called the police on that ass for assault. Fuck every VH1 camera and thin prefab french door, that bitch would've gone out in handcuffs that day. You wanna play punk games, Imma show you punk games. Run your shop from behind bars. Reality show contracts can stop you from civil suits but they don't preempt criminal law. 

On another note, Kitty played herself. I'm ashamed as a DMV chick that she came up here to live in this tiny 'potment and ride Ceaser's rusty dick. Girl bye. You could have at least found a gov't/law/lobbyist baller right at home...but that would involve her actually not being a ratchet ass SouthEast hoe. Now he fucking Karlie's dry old puss and where is Miss Kitty gonna be?

Oh Shit..bye. That hoe is leaving you and you'll be back on the drugs before we know it. The VH1 checks only come once every six months or so and after she spent hers on a tit job in DR, she had no more use for you. That's what you get for being smarter than everyone else and replacing one addiction with another. Now pay your child support and divorce that dumb bitch before she tries to take you for next season's paycheck too.

Donna...you can't tattoo, and unless you tag along with Sky, you have no storyline (thus no reason for VH1/Cease to rehire you). You've already fucked through 113th and I doubt Cease is letting you in 125th. Time to go get you a job in the call center, boo. 

I don't know what to think about this ATL show. Sky isn't really going to blend well with the dirty south. She's always ready to pop off, but she always seemed to end up in a headlock in NY. These ratchet strip club hoes in ATL don't play that, but I guess she's counting on ever present security. I just can't imagine her actually holding her own against a Jessica Dime/Tommie/Joseline, which is where all that mouth is going to get her. I just don't care for her, I'll be honest. All that RahRah but she don't ever do shit besides snatch off her wig and scream. I'm waiting for her to get a good ass whipping. 

In addition, I haven't seen anyone in Cease's shops that I'd pay to get a tattoo from, even his best: Melody and Young Bae. I wonder what kind of artists will be featured in ATL. I'd be far more inclined to go to a Ryan Henry owned franchise, knowing his name would be backed by good work. 

Can we be done with Dutchess and this raggedy pink sateen and lace monstrosity now?

• Love 4

I feel like I ask this question 2x a season and you people in this room refuse to answer!

WTF does Walt dooooo??? I love Walt but he is truly the Tommy Strawn of this whole operation.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I feel like I ask this question 2x a season and you people in this room refuse to answer!

WTF does Walt dooooo??? I love Walt but he is truly the Tommy Strawn of this whole operation.

Cause we can't answer either!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Girl, we'on know!

I think he is maybe a production plant...just there to call the cops/shut shooting down in case shit gets too serious. 

• Love 2
On 4/30/2017 at 7:24 PM, Brooklynista said:

He is the guy they send out to buy take out - lunch, snacks, dinner

He also cleans and takes out the trash.

Maybe walks to Staples when they need ink cartridges for the printer and maybe some light xeroxing.

He is also probably the one sent on liquor runs.

Allegedly he is a photographer but have we ever seen anything "developed"

I do like his contribution in his Talking Head Shots - great comic relief

• Love 2

Ms Kitty is too turned up with Caesar. He really likes them with a bit of psycho.

Skye is partying way too much. She is a great hype person - and could make tons of money just making appearances at clubs. As the manager of Black Ink ATL - she doesn't have the skillz. How is she going to manage when she's high and drunk all the time. She makes great TV, but keeping employees in check, organizing the shop, oy!

Are they going to have a reunion episode?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/8/2017 at 7:49 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Ms Kitty is too turned up with Caesar. He really likes them with a bit of psycho.

Skye is partying way too much. She is a great hype person - and could make tons of money just making appearances at clubs. As the manager of Black Ink ATL - she doesn't have the skillz. How is she going to manage when she's high and drunk all the time. She makes great TV, but keeping employees in check, organizing the shop, oy!

Are they going to have a reunion episode?

I think we all know that Skye ain't managing shit. This is just their way of launching the spinoff. Show me Skye keeping a book, paying a light bill, arranging cleaning services or hiring employees...no way. She is just there to have a guaranteed personality on the new show while they try to make it pop off. I said it before and I'll say it again, unless they have security around 24/7, one of these country bitches is gonna whip her ass. Skye got too much mouth and not enough to back it up. She isn't Dirty South material. They would've been better off sending Donna or Bae down there, at least they would be the actual counterparts to Jessica Dime and Lovely Mimi.

Edited by sunsheyen
fixed nail tech Mimi's stage name.
  • Love 3

I just saw the coming attractions for this show starting this summer and they look brutal.  I don't think I will be watching.  I like Ryan but it looks like he will be squaring off with the jailbird guy.  It's Ryan 's fault for letting them get away with thinking that's their shop too.  I hope I am wrong.  The coming attractions were shown after Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Dirty Little Secrets 2.  It was tacked on at the end.

9 hours ago, lasandi said:

I just saw the coming attractions for this show starting this summer and they look brutal.  I don't think I will be watching.  I like Ryan but it looks like he will be squaring off with the jailbird guy.  It's Ryan 's fault for letting them get away with thinking that's their shop too.  I hope I am wrong.  The coming attractions were shown after Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Dirty Little Secrets 2.  It was tacked on at the end.

I hope that's not the case. I am crazy about Ryan. And like you said, he let's them think it's their shop, but it's not. Off with their heads!

• Love 2

Van was tripping. I'm so glad he fired Danielle. Who does she think she is to talk to him like that, in his shop, about her bf who was completely out of order? Realistically, they are all characters in the Ryan Henry show. It's his shop. I wish I might talk to my boss like they do!! Next needs to be Van. What does he do anyway? 

Glad to see Don and his stupid wife are still stupid, petty, and angry. Real angry. So much for growth.

• Love 3

Ahhhh sweet fuckery that is black ink Chicago you are back and reaching new levels of rachetness – I think I may be impressed. 

Liked the scene with Ryan and his family seemed genuine and real. 

Charmaine, a thot is a thot whether you in a penthouse apt or a basement apt. I guess I’m glad you found someone who accepts you…. I think?

Danielle, it is well within your bosses right to ban your boyfriend from 9Mag events if on the last two occasions he has been pissy drunk and had a confrontation with the boss.  Sorry no sympathy for your tears about not being where you thought you would be career wise at 26. Have you put in any work? The only things they have shown is that you down for a party and not really focused on the job you do have. What did you expect?  Even Charmaine who is worse than you had enough focus and drive to go after an opportunity outside of the shop to put her on a path for a career in radio.  So don’t turn on the waterworks about something you haven’t treated with any degree of seriousness.

OK what’s going on with Van?  I think there were a couple of side comments on him tweaking or being on something and I wonder if it could be true because his demeanor seems totally out of character.  He also looks a little puffy and bloated.  The problem is that Ryan never firmly established a structure for the business and him being the boss and everyone else as an employee. Now it’s coming to bite him in the ass. 

Don and Hoodrat wife – WTF she is cray cray.  How you gonna come in and say “hey I am tired of working and I am going to quit my job, you need to step up” and not understand why someone is upset especially when you didn’t present it as “this is what I want, lets discuss how we can make it happen and when”.  Especially since it is still a mystery to me , DOES DON HAVE A JOB?????  The fuckery at the party – oh lawd that was a mess.  I agree with why Don was upset but not to the degree.  This isn’t the first time I got the feeling “Has he ever hit her?”

• Love 3

Whoa, what a show.

I thought Van was on something; I mean didn't he just get out of jail?  The way he's acting, he's going to be right back in there.

I liked seeing Ryan and his family, that felt real.  I like Ryan and Rachel together, at least she's not ratchet.

Don and Mrs. Don.  What is wrong with her?  She thinks it's okay for her to just quit her job because she wants to spend time with her children?  Does she know how to count?  Do they have enough money for her to stay home?  Maybe she's relying on that "Black Ink Crew" paycheck to make a difference.

I don't feel for Danielle at all.  What is it with these women and lousy men?  I thought her boyfriend was a jerk last season and now she's in love with him?  Wait, last season didn't Danielle and Ryan hook up?  Maybe that's the real reason she's upset with Ryan, she's not with him.

• Love 2

It looks like we are on the same page about Van Neurochic.  Yes, Van is out on parole which is another reason that him doing the most is just stupid. But more importantly this behavior is totally out of line of how he was depicted last season.  Van seemed like the most level headed of the crew and was seemingly focused on being a good role model for his daughter.  The  way he was acting threw me for a loop which is why I think he was on something.  

Danielle and Charmaine, I have no sympathy for any of the situations they get themselves in Sorry (not sorry)  Danielle and her man have been together for seven years.  SEVEN. After all that time you should know what a hot mess he is and know you can't bring him around certain company.  Yes, I think Danielle and Ryan did hook up which is even MORE of a reason that he shouldn't be at 9Mag functions.  But then again this is the woman who felt making her boyfriend jealous would lead to a ring.   Which leads to Ashley.

What is with these women who want to be married for the sake of being married regardless of the character of the men.  Don nor Terrance are a prize and the thirst to married to them boggles my mind.  Hell none of men on here is a prize, not even Ryan and he is the most together male on the show.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

What is with these women who want to be married for the sake of being married regardless of the character of the men.  Don nor Terrance are a prize and the thirst to married to them boggles my mind.  Hell none of men on here is a prize, not even Ryan and he is the most together male on the show.  

I agree but I think I get it.  Years ago there was a book called, "Is Marriage For White People?"  There was an insinuation that black people didn't get married.  Maybe these women want to prove that wrong.

• Love 1

I am gonna need somebody Hell, ANYbody to take a business course.   How you gonna feel you a co-owner in a shop when you not providing any papers to that effect?  Yes, it is Ryan’s fault that he let this “family business” culture BS last too long but, (looking at Charmaine, Danielle and Van) that don’t mean everyone is a full partner and considered an owner.   Changing the locks was a petty passive aggressive move on Ryan’s part.  He could have at least let everyone who wasn’t there when the locksmith changed locks know so it wasn’t a surprise.  I agree not everyone should have a key but Ryan, the receptionist/office manager for sure.  Maybe Van could get one if he is the most senior staff member  but everyone else NOPE.  Ryan just should  cut everyone loose and build up the business and staff it how he sees fit from the ground up.  Charmaine and Danielle really need to shut their mouths because they aren’t artist Ryan can find a trained monkey to do their jobs.  At least Phor and Van have a skill.

I see Charmaine is still up to her ratchet tricks, now she taking them to the radio station.   Charmaine has a college degree and has worked in a corporate environment so she should know that her stunt with her man in the booth was unacceptable.  Her boss’s point (I think) was that her man stopping by the station wasn’t a problem; the problem was bringing him the booth while she was in there in the middle of doing her job conducting an interview which she put on pause to make out with her BF.  That is unprofessional and disrespectful to the guest artist.  Don’t get me started on the eye rolling etc. when she spoke with her boss in the hall it was too much. I would have fired her right there on the spot. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the problem with ALL of these people is they need to grow the fuck up.  They aren't a bunch of teenagers, they're adults so they should act like adults.  Van, Charmaine, Danielle are the worst.  

I'm worried about Van.  Van is going to end up in jail again if he doesn't get his anger in check.  He has to think about his daughter and where she would be if he goes back to jail.  If Van doesn't like what Ryan is doing then he should start his OWN tattoo shop.

Charmaine isn't doing anything else but playing the "ratchet" game.  Last season they went to her parent's home and Ryan commented that she was "a Cosby kid."  Her parents looked like they had money.  Charmaine went to college, she worked in a corporate world, she's playing ratchet for a storyline.

Danielle is a hot mess.  I used to think she was okay, but now she's all "ME, ME, ME."  She came to see Kat unannounced, and then got upset when Kat was with her man in the club?  Grow up Danielle, people can only have one primary relationship at a time.

But,

Ryan also needs to grow up.  If you own a business, you can't just change the locks without having a meeting with your employees.  Ryan listened to what Rachel said, but the business doesn't belong to her.  

But Van should pay for the windows since HE broke them.  Whoa at security breaking up the fight.  Crazy.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

These are a bunch of idiots. 

Ryan is primarily at fault here. I'm sure he started out 'everyone has a voice, we are all family, WE are 9MAG' but then when VH1 licensing and cash showed up, now he's the boss. Ryan wasn't the only one running/creating 9MAG. If that were the case, he wouldn't have needed/included a staff to whom he gave basically equal status. My analysis doesn't include Charmaine/Danielle, but people like Kat (who is equally, if not more talented) and Phor/Van (even Don) who are more personable and probably bring more foot traffic into the shop on a regular. Ryan is too stuck on himself to cultivate a steady client base, and before this show he was not dragging all the celebs he wants us to think he was.

Ryan is a straight bitch ass IMO. He feels like he can holler at, cuss, and talk to people any kind of way, but then get offended if he is treated reciprocally. I also think Rachel came back to a steady paycheck and is now in his ear trying to run shit and be another Dusty Dutchess. Notice after she had her outside baby by who she thought would be a big star (Jeremih), she was out the door for the bright lights of LA. Now all of a sudden, he ain't popping, she is back in Chicago to pick up those VH1 checks and be 'in love' with Ryan's punk ass again.

Phor is the pussiest of all pussies. He will never pop off musically, and he knows this, so he will never condemn wrong as long as he is getting his TV paycheck. We've seen that in prior seasons, and it's back now. JR is a nobody, as is the new receptionist. Ryan is going to torpedo his show because of ego. At least Cease let the Puma/Sky/O'Shit/Donna mess play out for years and got his money that way while stacking for other locations. Ryan (and the little voice beside him, Rachel) is smelling himself too fast and is letting go of the personalities that make his show a show. In the words of NeNe, he's playing for the wrong team.  Once he fires all the personalites, he's left with nothing, while Cease's non-tattooing ass has opened up other branches/tv franchises. Phor, JR, and Dumbass Ashley/Don drama aren't enough to keep me tuning in.

Speaking of Mr. and Mrs. Dumbass...could Trashley have made it any more clear that she only married Don for the title/'prestige' of being married? Now she wants to quit her job and be a stay at home mom to a kid who's about to go to kindergarten? Bitch, the raggedy piece of man you got (who you are probably still sharing) has ZERO skills, ZERO education, a short lived position on a fourth tier tv show, and is the unskilled "assistant" to his brother who barely works part time. In what world do you see him supporting you in some grand Mommy lifestyle? You basically saying you ain't gonna work and it's up to Phor to support you all. And Phor is a big enough bitch to do it. 

Ashley, bye. I need Don's other baby momma to have at least finished her degree and be leading the little girl in a better direction cuz her daddy's side aint shit. 

Glad Kat is out, I wonder if she will be getting a spinoff or opening/working in a legit shop out West. She, like Ryan, is talented, and I hope at least one of them escapes the stupidity trap and prospers.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/30/2017 at 4:41 AM, sunsheyen said:

These are a bunch of idiots. 

Ryan is primarily at fault here. I'm sure he started out 'everyone has a voice, we are all family, WE are 9MAG' but then when VH1 licensing and cash showed up, now he's the boss. Ryan wasn't the only one running/creating 9MAG. If that were the case, he wouldn't have needed/included a staff to whom he gave basically equal status. My analysis doesn't include Charmaine/Danielle, but people like Kat (who is equally, if not more talented) and Phor/Van (even Don) who are more personable and probably bring more foot traffic into the shop on a regular. Ryan is too stuck on himself to cultivate a steady client base, and before this show he was not dragging all the celebs he wants us to think he was.

Ryan is a straight bitch ass IMO. He feels like he can holler at, cuss, and talk to people any kind of way, but then get offended if he is treated reciprocally. I also think Rachel came back to a steady paycheck and is now in his ear trying to run shit and be another Dusty Dutchess. Notice after she had her outside baby by who she thought would be a big star (Jeremih), she was out the door for the bright lights of LA. Now all of a sudden, he ain't popping, she is back in Chicago to pick up those VH1 checks and be 'in love' with Ryan's punk ass again.

Phor is the pussiest of all pussies. He will never pop off musically, and he knows this, so he will never condemn wrong as long as he is getting his TV paycheck. We've seen that in prior seasons, and it's back now. JR is a nobody, as is the new receptionist. Ryan is going to torpedo his show because of ego. At least Cease let the Puma/Sky/O'Shit/Donna mess play out for years and got his money that way while stacking for other locations. Ryan (and the little voice beside him, Rachel) is smelling himself too fast and is letting go of the personalities that make his show a show. In the words of NeNe, he's playing for the wrong team.  Once he fires all the personalites, he's left with nothing, while Cease's non-tattooing ass has opened up other branches/tv franchises. Phor, JR, and Dumbass Ashley/Don drama aren't enough to keep me tuning in.

Speaking of Mr. and Mrs. Dumbass...could Trashley have made it any more clear that she only married Don for the title/'prestige' of being married? Now she wants to quit her job and be a stay at home mom to a kid who's about to go to kindergarten? Bitch, the raggedy piece of man you got (who you are probably still sharing) has ZERO skills, ZERO education, a short lived position on a fourth tier tv show, and is the unskilled "assistant" to his brother who barely works part time. In what world do you see him supporting you in some grand Mommy lifestyle? You basically saying you ain't gonna work and it's up to Phor to support you all. And Phor is a big enough bitch to do it. 

Ashley, bye. I need Don's other baby momma to have at least finished her degree and be leading the little girl in a better direction cuz her daddy's side aint shit. 

Glad Kat is out, I wonder if she will be getting a spinoff or opening/working in a legit shop out West. She, like Ryan, is talented, and I hope at least one of them escapes the stupidity trap and prospers.

Kat, is that you?

Edited by announcergirl
Autocorrect won't let me be clever.
  • Love 1

Unfortunately, none of us will truly know what the original proposal for starting the shop and who was in the conversation.   The admin staff aside, I can only imagine Van, Phor and Kat being in this convo as they are the talent.   The reason I lean more towards Ryan’s perspective is because it makes more rationale and legal sense.  If there are no contracts or anything in writing that states there are multiple owners/partners then legally (if Ryan’s name is the only one on the lease) Ryan is the sole owner.   Now in the “court of the streets”   it may be seen differently.  It’s known that Kat is working on her own brand and her willingness to leave 9Mag to pursue it tells me that she doesn’t consider herself an owner . Yes, she might have been one of the initial tattoo artist and Ryan more than likely phrased his pitch for her to join him with words like “our shop”  and “we can build an empire” but that doesn’t mean she is an equal partner.  Same goes for Phor who stated himself that his music was his priority and I recall (fuzzily) that he had to “get permission” from Ryan to change his status from a full time tattoo artist.  That doesn’t sound like an owner.   Finally, every staff member (with the exception of Van) has said or acted in a way that they saw Ryan as the boss so I don’t see why now that he is acting like one they have a problem.  

Van is a more complicated situation where I do think there possibly may have been more of a verbal agreement of partnership but if nothing was put in writing somebody is shit outa luck.  Looking at you Van #sorrynotsorry

I would like to know how they are structured too.  Is it set up like a salon or barbershop where the talent pays a booth fee and they personally keep the clients tattoo payment.  The booth payment would go to the business expenses – rent, supplies, merchandise, all the party supplies,  and any profit after expenses goes to the company.  If that is the case then in the scenario that Ryan is the sole owner, then that is his money.   It seems like Van has an issue where he feels that everyone is part owner and feels that the profit that went back into the business he and the other owners are owed their cut. 

• Love 1

OK SEE.... I think I am out  (Hmmmm how many times have I said that...) 

Did Danielle REALLY have the O-dacity to fix her mouth to say "WE DON'T DO THIS GHETTO SHIT" in the fight between Cobra and Charmaine?    GURL that's ALL YA'LL DO IS GHETTO SHIT.  Hell, ya'll are the wikipedia page of ghetto shit.  WTF.  Also, note to Charmaine - you got some fighting practice in. I see you girl. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

OK SEE.... I think I am out  (Hmmmm how many times have I said that...) 

Did Danielle REALLY have the O-dacity to fix her mouth to say "WE DON'T DO THIS GHETTO SHIT" in the fight between Cobra and Charmaine?    GURL that's ALL YA'LL DO IS GHETTO SHIT.  Hell, ya'll are the wikipedia page of ghetto shit.  WTF.  Also, note to Charmaine - you got some fighting practice in. I see you girl

BWAHAHAH!!!  Bout damn time because she was getting her ass tagged every week.

• Love 2

Yes BKnista, I was getting tired of Charmaine getting tagged every episode and from the looks of it so was she LOL

And another thing  How Danielle gonna come up in the place and say she not fired and she taking her job back?!?!? LMAO

I can see the meme now with Danielle on some ole Aunty Maxine shit "RECLAIMING MY JOB" but you got fired and shouldn't be here "RECLAIMING MY JOB" 

Ahhhh they tickle me so....

• Love 1
On 7/30/2017 at 5:41 AM, sunsheyen said:

When someone is the boss, they kind of do have the right to talk to you any kind of way.  If Van's not careful he'll wind up in jail again.  All of them need to grow up, especially Ashley and Don.

As for Rachel, I don't buy this "The new Barak and Michelle Obama"stuff, but I'm glad they're referencing a good black couple.

Don and Ashley should have talked about religion before they got married.  

I thought Danielle was okay, but I think her picture should be in the dictionary under the word "ratchet."  And that girl should have dumped the trash ON her ghetto behind.  Danielle is nothing more than a disrespectful bully with a bad weave.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

See, If I were the new receptionist, I would have calmly said to Van and Danielle that I had instructions from the boss that you should not be on the premises.  If you don’t leave I will be calling the police.  Nuff Said.   It is way above your pay grade to deal with their bs.

Wait…Ashley and Don didn’t have the religion conversation before they got married?  How shocking because they are such a thoughtful and introspective couple.   Also, and it could have been editing, I notice that Ashley conveniently forgot to mention that her actions caused the fight when talking to the minister.     

• Love 2

Nikki or whatever her name is needs to have a long stay in a nice place, like Bellevue.  I don't get why these women want to fight over these sorry men.

And what were Ryan and Kat doing in the bathroom?

Edited by Neurochick

I gotta give them credit they raise the bar on ratchedtness every week, kudos!

That being said – What the holy hello-kitty did I just watch?!?!?

I can’t imagine Ryan would be so sloppy that he and Cat would do anything in the bathroom knowing that there are cameras all around.  The liquor was flowing freely so maybe….  The convo on the deck was hella suspect though.   For me bottom line – could care less so you crazy kids do you!

Ashley and Don – siggggggghhhhhh SMH  Don is a disgusting boy child (can’t even call him a man) but he was actually behaving himself on the trip then enters insecure, mentally unstable hurricane Ashley going off on him not having a shirt on. WTF?!?!?  Gurl you need to be concerned about him f@cking other people let alone some shirt foolishness.  Ashley just wants to argue for the sake of arguing just so she can say loudly “I AM YOUR WIFE”. 

Phor, Kat and washurname -  good for Kat for sending back the flowers but I think it was a shitty thing to do to send them directly to washurname, yes send them back to the shop and if she came across them so be it.  Or if you wanted her to know about it and not be shady write a note saying something to the effect of woman to woman I think you should know that your man sent me these flowers, unsolicited.  There is nothing going on between us but you should ask Phor why he would send these to me, because I don’t know.   That being said, washurname is cray cray, like bunning burning, stab you in your sleep crazy.  I literally LOL when she slapped Van’s girlfriends drink out her hand.  Was like damn, what she do to you?

Charmaine just nasty and messy.  

OK ya’ll got your feelings out and boxed it out and now ya’ll besties again but did you ever address the issue to begin with?!?!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Nikki or whatever her name is needs to have a long stay in a nice place, like Bellevue.  I don't get why these women want to fight over these sorry men.

And what were Ryan and Kat doing in the bathroom?

I really want to be in the bathroom with Ryan.

• Love 3

I've barely been watching this show and apparently neither have any of you lol.  I caught the episode where Danielle was yelling at the new receptionist about how she isn't 9mag and she isn't family and my mind was truly blown.  All I could think of was that was production motivated.  Same with Van and this 9mag family that no one else can be apart of.  Has anyone of these people ever heard of expansion and growth?!  And I keep waiting on Ryan to say "have any of yall put in on this"? Cus like @Fairlily26 says if you haven't invested financially, you're an employee.  Like I can't.  This show isn't even amusing anymore.  I cringe when watching. 

• Love 2