Type keyword(s) to search

Black Ink Crew - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They both need to leave these “families.” I don’t agree with how Ryan and Ashley left, but, overwhelmingly, I applaud them both for having the strength to move on to find better.

The scene with Ashley leaving DJ choked me up. DJ should have left with her. Period.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

They both need to leave these “families.” I don’t agree with how Ryan and Ashley left, but, overwhelmingly, I applaud them both for having the strength to move on to find better.

The scene with Ashley leaving DJ choked me up. DJ should have left with her. Period.

True, but there are legalities to deal with both.  Ashley should divorce Don, and have a custody agreement with him, they're married.  I worked with a man who got a divorce, his ex wife remarried and her husband got a job in California.  He got a lawyer and said I don't want my son moving across the country.  The judge agreed, and while their son was a minor, she could not move over a certain amount  of miles.  Yes that sucked, but that was the judge's decision.  As for Ryan, I don't blame him one bit for leaving 9Mag, those folks were out of control.  BUT, Ryan was wrong to go into the place and trash it; he could have been arrested for doing that. 

I think it's interesting that Kat's not in this season at all.  I think Nikki was the only person in that group that really had her number. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

True, but there are legalities to deal with both.  Ashley should divorce Don, and have a custody agreement with him, they're married.  I worked with a man who got a divorce, his ex wife remarried and her husband got a job in California.  He got a lawyer and said I don't want my son moving across the country.  The judge agreed, and while their son was a minor, she could not move over a certain amount  of miles.  Yes that sucked, but that was the judge's decision.  As for Ryan, I don't blame him one bit for leaving 9Mag, those folks were out of control.  BUT, Ryan was wrong to go into the place and trash it; he could have been arrested for doing that. 

I think it's interesting that Kat's not in this season at all.  I think Nikki was the only person in that group that really had her number. 

I can agree with this.

• Love 1

Why does Rachel and Nikki have so much screen time this season!? At least Nikki is a business owner and is probably using the show to help with promoting her hair line and she was based in the same building but Rachel annoys me to no end.  She is way too involved in the show AND Ryan's business. They are not married and when she was running behind the singer Jeremiah and had that baby on Ryan she wasn't thinking about him but now that he's back on TV, here she go all in the camera in every scene. Also, Ryan is in no way above the rest of the shop members, they all act low class and ratchet given the scenario because at the end of last season Rachel and Ryan showed their asses, even to the point of attempting to put hands on the camera crew. 

• Love 1

The only person who annoys me on this show is Charmaine.  

Last season Kat had no storyline, so she decided to use her hookups with Ryan as her storyline.  I got the feeling that Ryan had a relationship with the producers, so he felt betrayed when Kat appeared.  Maybe Kat was supposed to stay in LA.

I can’t blame Rachel for sticking to Ryan if she thinks he’s going somewhere in life.  Better than women who get involved with men they know are losers.

Charmaine showed herself to be exactly what she is, a bougie girl pretending to be ratchet.  Ryan was right when he said, "you were a Cosby kid," after Charmaine took them all to meet her family in Louisiana.   Lily also called Charmaine out when she said she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

I believe that Charmaine has a college education and worked in a corporate job.  If that is true, then why is she playing the part of "Ratchet Chick?"   One one reason $$$.  It's nothing more than cultural appropriation.  People are ratchet because they don't know any other way to be; Charmaine knows another way to be, but that way doesn't really pay.  I wonder how long she'll play the ratchet part? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Cultural appropriation is reserved for those of a differing group who use the "other" to establish themselves. Charmaine does not apply.  She is not, and will never be the other. 

Rachel is a regular ass lightskin hoe who is willing to jump on any dick with a check she can to keep her lifestyle afloat. She left Ryan to jump on the Jeremih train but when that started to sink ("Birthday Cake" went nowhere) and Ryan's show popped off, she came back. He's a dumbass duck to deal with her and it will come out in the future child support payments. Whatever happened to her "stylist" life in LA that she snatched Ryan from his son for? Simple ass hoe with simp ass following folks. There are plenty of LA based shows/jobs she could've followed but she ran right back to Ryan's check after Jeremih didn't keep her/flopped.  He is a duck and his momma needs to school him. Now he's not only taking care of his kid, but Jeremih's too. As much shit as Ryan likes to talk, he's nothing but a cuckold to Rachel and her baby daddy. It will become plural if this show fails and she finds another dude. I guarantee it. 

Charmaine knows enough to play the game to get her check. Although she is turning up..., she is far from ratchet chick. What makes her ratchet? She has multiple jobs, a degree, etc. 

Please explain ratchet. Is it reality or a way of life?

There's a big difference in real life and old folks talk when it comes to the living, breathing world.

Edited by neenyah
(edited)
19 hours ago, neenyah said:

Charmaine knows enough to play the game to get her check. Although she is turning up..., she is far from ratchet chick. What makes her ratchet? She has multiple jobs, a degree, etc. 

She's not ratchet.  She's playing ratchet, there's a difference.

Cultural appropriation is about appropriating a culture that isn't yours.  Charmaine was born middle class, she went to college, she worked for a corporation, she's playing a role, kind of like "New York" in the Flavor of Love shows.

What does it matter what Rachel's skin color is? 

Edited by Neurochick

I've said it before, on many forums, under any names, but Ryan is a bitch ass N****. He loves to act hard but throw blame and not own his actions when things come back. He is the worst type of man. I'm so happy Rachel is going to own his ass when she leaves him the next time, even tho she is a trifling hoe. 

He is a pussy beyond all pussies. Talk much shit on the camera with nothing to back it up beyond weak ass Phor, who has shown he is an easy to be played duck.

I hope VH1 cuts them both and continues with Loyal Ink even if their drama is fake.

I find it interesting that these 9Mag folk turned their backs on Ryan last season because of the mess with Kat.  But...where's Kat this season, huh?  I bet she's in LA, living her best life and not giving two shits about the 9Mag nonsense.  All of those fools went caping for Kat and she just turned around and said, "see you."  I have never liked Kat because I felt she was playing all of them, using them as a stepping stone for her to get to better things.

Why hasn't anyone of these fools asked, "where is Kat this season?" 

Katrina used all of them and she's probably sitting in LA laughing at all of those dumb fools.  She is one of those people who uses black folks as stepping stones.  And yes, I know her father is black.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I find it interesting that these 9Mag folk turned their backs on Ryan last season because of the mess with Kat.  But...where's Kat this season, huh?  I bet she's in LA, living her best life and not giving two shits about the 9Mag nonsense.  All of those fools went caping for Kat and she just turned around and said, "see you."  I have never liked Kat because I felt she was playing all of them, using them as a stepping stone for her to get to better things.

Why hasn't anyone of these fools asked, "where is Kat this season?" 

Katrina used all of them and she's probably sitting in LA laughing at all of those dumb fools.  She is one of those people who uses black folks as stepping stones.  And yes, I know her father is black.

What gets me is that they act like the only reason he left is because of the Kay thing? They have been going in on Ryan and acting like they run the shop. I don’t blame him for protecting his dream. 

• Love 3
On 1/3/2019 at 11:18 AM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Are y'all watching the new season? I'm proud of Charmaine she really found her lil niche. More reality 'stars' should take note and diversify. She's still crass and loud but she's making a living outside of Black Ink. 

Hi!

I'm watching...yes all Reality TV members need to take note and use the platform to create revenue streams. There are many D list celebrities that make money by making appearances at clubs - I could see Charmaine taking this route too.

Did Phor really break up with his girlfriend or is this just for the show? If they really broke up - how awkward is it for him to be back at the same building with 9 Mag - I could have sworn she had a salon there.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2019 at 12:45 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Hi!

I'm watching...yes all Reality TV members need to take note and use the platform to create revenue streams. There are many D list celebrities that make money by making appearances at clubs - I could see Charmaine taking this route too.

Did Phor really break up with his girlfriend or is this just for the show? If they really broke up - how awkward is it for him to be back at the same building with 9 Mag - I could have sworn she had a salon there.

It might be a good thing if they did break up. She was kinda psycho not unlike most of the 'ladies' on this show

• Love 3

I’m going to say this even though I’m going to get flamed, but Ryan is gorgeous. His communication skills suck and he maybe a little too forgiving though I have my ideas for why. 

He needs to fire the two newest ladies and Van’s apprentice. She can’t be respectful enough to even de-escalate on a new gig. She will not get better.

Am I the only one watching this hot mess?

Lily - she needs to cut back on the alcohol - she has serious bloating and she's in danger of keeling over any sec.

Also those blue contacts make her look like Satan.

Where is Don's wife - Ashley?

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Am I the only one watching this hot mess?

Lily - she needs to cut back on the alcohol - she has serious bloating and she's in danger of keeling over any sec.

Also those blue contacts make her look like Satan.

Where is Don's wife - Ashley?

No Kungfubunny, I am still here.  I am glad to see Ryan has taken his 'balls' back and spoke his truth about how his friends/employees treated him.  None of them really should have a job at 9Mag.  To be honest, after Ryan said his piece and when Van started to talk I did, peace out, because I can't stand Van so I don't know how it ended.

• Love 1
On 6/20/2019 at 7:37 AM, lasandi said:

No Kungfubunny, I am still here.  I am glad to see Ryan has taken his 'balls' back and spoke his truth about how his friends/employees treated him.  None of them really should have a job at 9Mag.  To be honest, after Ryan said his piece and when Van started to talk I did, peace out, because I can't stand Van so I don't know how it ended.

I’m watching again. I saved the shows on DVR and am catching up now. I’m on the episode where they are in Miami and Charmaine is crying. Is she pregnant? The weight, the hormones...

Y’all it’s so many unlikable personalities on this show. All except my Ryan. ☺️

• Love 1

Bravo to Ryan for finally seeing the light!  He gave Van a chance to run the other 9Mag and he didn't step up professionally.  Well from what I saw on TV, he didn't.  And if what I saw was true, when did they make enough money to pay everybody?  Anyhou, Ryan took back his dream and hopefully he continues to be successful.  Might be better if he stays off Reality TV because those producers are about drama and mayhem to make the shows as ratchet as possible, imho.

New season of Chicago is on.  Pretty interesting.  Glad Ryan went to therapy.  

I don't think Charmaine really owns that shop, I think the other woman does and Charmaine is just there because of who she is.  I kind of like Charmaine, but I get cultural appropriation vibes from her.  I don't like how she pretends she's from the hood and she isn't (kind of like Isa Rae).

• Love 2