Type keyword(s) to search

Black Ink Crew - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks SilverStormm!  

I so hope there are other fans of the show here besides me.  ;)

Hey a thread for the show! Cool. I wouldn't quite call myself a fan, but I haven't missed an episode. I'm surprised at every new season they get.

• Love 1

Brooklynista! Good to see you.

I agree, I have it on a series record and I'm always surprised when one pops up in my record list. Like, oh, one more season, eh?  I've passed Ink 124 lots of times, it's about 3 blocks from me. But I haven't yet ventured over to Black Ink, which is about 15 blocks. Although I DID see Dutchess at Home Depot earlier this summer. She was smaller than I expected and I walked by her thinking "where do I know that girl from?" It took a minute to realize I didn't "know" her, haha.

They were just on the edge of ratchet, but making Skyy full time tipped them the hell over, stood them back up and then knocked them back over the edge again.

Hey girl!

I'll see your Dutchess and raise you a Malik Yoba at Habana in Fort Greene.

I feel like I missed an episode w Oh Shit!.  Is Achilles his kid or not?  Or is he just going to claim him because he's been in his life as his dad

since day one?

• Love 1

Hey girl!

I'll see your Dutchess and raise you a Malik Yoba at Habana in Fort Greene.

I feel like I missed an episode w Oh Shit!.  Is Achilles his kid or not?  Or is he just going to claim him because he's been in his life as his dad

since day one?

I shouted you out in the Small Talk thread.

Yeah, last year crazy Kathy got a real DNA test done and threw the papers in his face. Upon which O'Sh*t confessed he didn't really do a DNA, just said he did to piss Kathy off. Why, WHY do women keep having babies with this twisted fuckboy?

• Love 1

This needs to be the No Teef Crew. Why?????? Donna is a sad, unaware person with tattoos that look like my 3 year old drew them. And that boyfriend of hers.....yikes!! Puma is toofless and useless.

And Jesus knows I've tried to like Dutchess. But Lord God forgive me. I can't. She gets on my last nerve.

And I'll say it again...their tattooing skills are AWFUL.

Edited by Tallulahbaby
  • Love 1

Ok but seriously.  Their tattoos are horrible.  They wouldn't make it past the joke round on InkMaster and those tattoos really suck!.  They look like the same ole ugly ass bad stencil tattoos you see on Fulton St in Brooklyn.   The slash shops as I like to call em.  Jewelry/ Perfume/ T-shirt/ Tattoo guy in the back.

There's a reason your tat only cost $30.

And who are these random artists that come in there and let them "freestyle" on them???  Why would you do that to yourself??  That shit is gonna show on your album cover.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 1

Wooow. Sky was ready to get in that ass. Dutchess did NOT want none of that. No ma'am. She wasn't her usual loud talking self, she was pulling a "can I holler at you for a minute, over here?" trying to resolve things. When she wasn't hiding behind Ceaser, that is.

Can't say as I blame her tho. Bitch cray.

• Love 4

Seeing Sky cry? Broke my heart. Them were some real, soul shaking tears.

Ugh I hate Puma. He looks so dirty and homeless. I use to like him.

Yeah, Dutchess thought twice about that. Lmao!

I agree. I rewound a couple of times just because it was so raw and real, I needed to hear that realness again.

• Love 2

I'm not even sure why Dutchess thinks they can buy a 2 million dollar house. I haven't seen more than 6 clients in there in all three(?) seasons. Is everyone who is in that shop all day on the payroll? Maybe they are independent contractors who rent space because... I just don't see how Ceaser is paying all these people.

My heart was breaking just a little for Puma but then I remembered how much of an ass he is. He put himself in this spot so....

• Love 2

Yeeeah, I don't know why Caesar is still with Dutchess. I know he has feelings for her, but you can look at her in the face and tell she's a snake. She's in love with him insofar as he gives her what she wants. A lot of guys cheat when they should've left. You can't truly be happy with someone like her.

Sky is a crazy ass bitch, and what I love about her is that she would probably take "crazy ass bitch" as a compliment. The scenes where she talks about her kids feel more real than most reality TV show moments.

• Love 2

Can we just go ahead and give Sky(y?) her own show?  She's the only one of this crew I give half a damn about.  And yes she is the realest one of them.  Dutchess talks way too much shit about how badass she is, right up until Skyy brings it to her.  Dutchess shuts her mouth right the fuck up when Skyy is "Yeah bitch what?"

And how is O'Shit still getting ass?? and another possible baby?  He should have 4 different strains of HIV by now.

• Love 2

Oh damn, so Donna's pregnant? Why did it look like they were renting g a room and that they have a hot plate in there.

Dutchess is a nasty bitch. Ashy, crusty and nasty.

Everyone just lays around there all day.

I like Skye. She does not put up with Dutchess shit.

• Love 4

I'm gonna give a slow clap for O'Shit getting his Johnson snipped.  But my heart breaks to know that there are chicks out there that are letting him run up

in it raw dog.  Just ewww.  Is HIV not a thing anymore?

Can I have that gold brocade skirt Skye wore at the bridal salon??  She cleans up nicely.

• Love 2

Better hold that applause, Brooklynista. LOL. 

The acting on this show is cringe worthy. A whole film crew in the room, Duchess packs, writes a letter, kisses him goodbye and the sun is streaming in - and he never moves? Please. And who DIDN'T see Cease heading his ass down to NC? *crickets*

Wooow. And then there are these moments which break up all the bad acting: http://www.vh1.com/news/215293/quani-accused-dutchess-of-sleeping-with-osht-faking-miscarriage/

Edited by SnarkKitty

Did anybody else watch Black Ink Chicago??  I haven't really decided how much I like the staff.  They seem like a better class of ratchet though  and the work they put out seems far more superior than anything I've seen come out of Black Ink NYC.

I watched it too. I like Ryan and Rachel so far. Ryan is fiyone!! Not sure about the girls at the shop but they should be good for some ratchet drama. I can't stand anyone but Sky on Black Ink NY and I watch that each week so I'm in for the season.

• Love 1

I loved pretty much the entire Chicago cast! 

They look MUCH cleaner and moisturized :)    Their art is also much more skilled.

I did find myself comparing the casts, if that makes sense.   There's the O'Shit, Teddy, and even their version of Sky.

• Love 2

I really liked the Chicago cast.  But I am a bit annoyed with Don's ex girlfriend.  I hope she's not going to be pigeonholed as the "brown girl with a permanent scowl on her face."  I find that trope tiring and annoying; I hope there's more to the woman than that.  

• Love 2

In the Lather, Rinse, Repeat news  Caesar got arrested while filming for what???  Not paying child support.  And of course Dutchess ran her dumb ass right behind him, certainly so she could bail him out and pay his arrears again.

Way to pick em Dutchess.  Nothing smarter than planning to marry and make a life with a man who won't take care of his kids.  Surely he won't do the same

to you and yours.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/10/black-ink-ceasar-emanuel-arrested/

anyone watching this? I'm really enjoying it. Ryan needs to chill in his melodrama. People pursuing their dreams is not betrayal and disloyalty. I'm digging Kat and Phor. I think Don will eventually end up in jail/prison with that temper. I couldn't stand that dumb shit Ashley pulled though, with the "take me to court to see your son." I hate women who do that. It took forever for us to meet Van, I wonder if he will actually end up in prison. I'm super impressed by Kat's skills...the one she did on herself, upside down...WOW!

• Love 1

I am actually digging this one and have been waiting on someone to start this post. Ryan is aforable. That sex session with Kat and Phor looked hella awkward. I can't stand that dude's baby mama (can't remember his name). Her actions outshine his fucking around AND that chick at work knew he was with her, she is lying that she had no clue. Admit your shit. And, yes, Kat does good work and has ambition. She is also cute albeit has low self-esteem as evidenced by her thirstiness.

Finally! LOL. .. I thought i was the only 1 watching. Their tats look hot! They got skills!

The quality of the work that comes out of this place is amazing.  No way would I have let VH1 put me under the same umbrella as Black Ink NY. Their shit is horrible.  Its like Little Johnnie's first doodle book.  And lets not forget the bad speller that is O'Shit.

• Love 5

Finally! LOL. .. I thought i was the only 1 watching. Their tats look hot! They got skills!

Well shoot, finally someone joined me after I bared my opinionated soul on this show!

Ok Ryan totally does it for me. Even with his bad attitude and sketchy gangbanging past - he could get it- so hot. However, I can't understand how he can't get that his being upset about Kat continuing her professional growth is "hatin." No better example.

I am sick of Don and Charmaine! They showed they asses at the Black Ink NY party! Embarrassing. Don refuses to tell the truth and Charmaine won't sit her attention-whoring, insecure ass down somewhere.

And, yes, their work is phenomenal!

anyone watching this? I'm really enjoying it. Ryan needs to chill in his melodrama. People pursuing their dreams is not betrayal and disloyalty. I'm digging Kat and Phor. I think Don will eventually end up in jail/prison with that temper. I couldn't stand that dumb shit Ashley pulled though, with the "take me to court to see your son." I hate women who do that. It took forever for us to meet Van, I wonder if he will actually end up in prison. I'm super impressed by Kat's skills...the one she did on herself, upside down...WOW!

You have us here, now where are you?

• Love 1

I'm here, girl!

Ryan is the epitome of a bitch ass hater. He has his business but want to be mad about Kat creating her own business? He isn't talking about how disloyal Phor is for pursuing something other than 9Mag.

Don can shut up with his fake assistant pity job from his brother having self. He is quite disrespectful to women, and I almost want his ass to snap on the wrong one and get toted off to jail. Talking about how Kat doesn't know her role/lane. Don't be mad she has a skill and a career and try to keep her 'in her place'. Funny how different he and Phor seem to be.

Now I sided with Charmaine at the outset...I have no problem believing that Don played the 'we aren't together' bs about Ashley. I've seen it done. He certainly wasn't shy about flirting and sexing in front of the cameras for Charmaine. Why would she think don/ash were an official couple? You on tv fucking with me! Obviously he wasn't Mr. commitment. He needs to stop the lying...how is he that stupid/egocentric that he doesn't believe this will all be shown? The cameras were right there in the bathroom with them. He needs to stop that dumbass lying, then getting mad when people say he's lying. Even Van, Ryan, etc know what the truth is. Phor's bs confessional about believing his brother at his word was clearly (to me) directing us to understand he knows Don is a liar, but blood is blood.

That said, Charmaine had no business telling all that shit at the Black Ink NY party. Once again, Don told on himself with the 'you miss this dick' comments, but had the nerve to get mad when something was said about them fucking.

Ryan and Van had good points about acting up out there, with basically all of them being felons. You never know where stuff will lead, next thing you know, they're locked up across the country. forget the telling our business aspect, we not trying to catch charges!

Ryan is quite attractive, but damn, he's a bitch ass ninja. That takes his cuteness away for me. And he and Don seem to think they can holler at and cuss out anyone, anytime. Check yourself, homie. Kat will be ok, no matter what. From a strictly business standpoint, she's a hot (generally speaking), VERY talented, personable artist who is putting her name out there...you probably want to snatch some rent and commissions (and overflow clientele) from her rather than pushing her away. She is gonna blow UP, no matter what, imo. He better wise up and watch how she promotes herself so he can do the same. He's a good artist, but not good enough for anyone to kiss his ass to get on board.

They are 1000% better than Black ink NY. They actually could be that black tat crew that is able to cross into mainstream tatting for respect and artistry. I would love to see some POC in those upper echelons.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 4