Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Family Interference

Radar is now claiming that Khloe had a crying breakdown between scenes in her appearance on I Am Cait. Note that the photo they used of Khloe crying could not have been from the day of that episode -- her hairstyle and nail polish color are different.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/khloe-kardashian-breakdown-reality-star-cries-filming-caitlyn-jenner-confrontation-i-am-cait/

Radar, Aug. 20, 2015, "Khloe Kardashian’s Secret Breakdown Before Caitlyn Jenner Confrontation On ‘I Am Cait:’ What The Cameras Didn’t Catch!"

"... RadarOnline.com can exclusively reveal that the 31-year-old experienced an uncharacteristic meltdown behind the scenes of her former stepfather Caitlyn Jenner‘s new reality show. Before filming her heated confrontation with Caitlyn about the star’s behavior post gender transition for I Am Cait, which aired on Sunday evening, Khloe burst into tears, a family insider tells Radar.

" 'Khloe was crying uncontrollably, saying she didn’t feel ready to talk about her issues with Caitlyn on camera,' the source recalls. 'She was upset and felt pressured into it.' Khloe ultimately decided to talk with Caitlyn in front of producers and the public because 'she loves her family and wants to see Caitlyn happy,' the insider explains...

"By the time cameras rolled, the youngest Kardashian sister had pulled herself together, and was ready to speak about eyelash extensions, designer bags and of course Caitlyn’s now infamous comments about ex-wife Kris in Vanity Fair..."

I'm not buying this. I watched that show. Khloe was cold as ice, spent the whole time irritably stroking her hair, spoke in an abrupt clipped manner, and had a flat, dead "Fuck you, Cait" look in her eyes. I think this Radar story is made-up damage control baloney to make Khloe look sensitive. The only thing I believe in the article is that Khloe was pressured into appearing on I Am Cait. It was pretty clear that she had no interest in talking to Cait.

• Love 2

I absolutely agree that any Kardashian interaction is highly suspicious.  This family is very adept at creating a public presence to keep interest in their brand.  As to how much they will or will not be in Cait's life in the future may have more to do with the publicity component.  It is very common for transgender people who transition later in life to not be accepted by their families and to have the family pull away from them.  So many of my friends have little to no contact with their families.  Often this is because the family refuses to accept the transition, continues to misgender the person and, in some cases, actively works against their transition.  

Cait does seem to share some common interests with her daughters.  While I find their fashion focus boring, they are all absorbed by it.  Depending on the level of closeness they had before her transition, they may still be able to be close.  But there will be a transition period for everyone as they re-establish the ways in which they interact.  We have seen in some of these interactions that Cait is not backing down from her position as a parent.  I am happy to see that.  Demanding respect for herself as a parent, a transwoman and a person is very important while she transitions.  

I am happy to see her interact with trans activists because she does live a very different life than most people.  Having these connections will help her understand some of what she may encounter with her family, friends and the public.  It may also give her a better understanding of the difficulties trans people regularly encounter.  She is in a position to bring greater attention to the struggles that many trans and non-gender-conforming people face.

Just a point of language, Cait has not "transgendered"; she is transitioning.  She has come out as transgender.   

I think Jenner's excesses and general untrustworthiness make the Kardashians look like reasonable people.

I can't believe I'm going to do this -- but I have to, in a way, defend Khloe on this. I don't blame her for her obvious hatred of Cait. Cait seems to demand acceptance, and fast. How DARE they not all visit her!!! However, when Khloe needed support because of her drug-addicted cheating husband, Cait was soooooo dismissive of Lamar's issues and of Khloe's feeling about them. It was, "He shouldn't do drugs. And you shouldn't love him because he does drugs." (basically) Uh, yeah, thanks. That's helpful.

Cait has always seen things black & white and doesn't budge on her extremely conservative views -- except where they serve her, personally -- "*I'M* transgender, so you should be open-minded about that."

Since Cait has never experienced an addiction, she couldn't fathom the problem with Lamar or muster up any compassion for someone going through it or for someone loving an addict. Yet, since she is transgender, everybody should immediately accept it and understand her.

Now Khloe petting her own hair and the use of 'conversate' is another story.

• Love 8

Khloe's constant hair petting,

Speaking of which, this is one female affectation that Candis would do well to STOP.  She is ALWAYS stroking her hair, every time the camera is on her.  Just no.

Edited by blubld43

Despite my dislike of Khloe, I'll have to acknowledge that constant hair stroking, twirling the ends of your hair with your fingers, or flipping hair off your face every few seconds could be a nervous habit rather than a "Look at ME!" gesture. Sort of like biting your nails, or playing with a string of worry beads.

The Jenners and Kardashians are people that have made their money from pop culture and have created a specific image for themselves. Imagine if your only job was to look attractive, pose for selfies, smile for photographers, and make a sex tape now and then. What have any one of them achieved on their own? The biggest drama that the Kardashian family has had to deal with was Rob's obesity/drug use and Scott's alcoholism/philandering. But those things are nothing unusual anywhere much less in California.

Fast forward a year, and I imagine Caitlyn will be pretty much apart from most of her children and involved with transgenders in her new life, the family she leaves unattended to are going to resent that, it's inevitable. Not only has Caitlyn transgendered and fulfilled a lifelong dream, she's turning over a whole new leaf and starting a new life, but that new life doesn't really have room in it for many people in her past.

Caitlyn has been apart from most of her children most of their lives - although the VF article made it sound like there has been some progress in building a relationship lately. 

But if by "unattended" you mean living her own life while her adult children (Kylie and Kendall)  and stepchildren live theirs then I don't see anything wrong with that. It's what usually happens when kids grow up, especially when the parents are divorced. Phone calls, occasional visits etc.  The Kartrashian girls are in their thirties and all six kids are busy with their drama/career/etc. 

In a snippet of tape I saw somewhere - taken at Kylie's 18th birthday festivities, Cait said, "My job is over!"

I guess since Kylie is now a responsible adult, Caitlyn feels that she doesn't need to parent her children anymore.

No more family interference for our Cait!

I honestly don't fault Caitlyn for this at all.   At what point is she allowed live her own life?  Of course she will always be Kylie's parent and hopefully be available if Kylie needs her for anything but when your kids are out of school (or not going in this case) and starting their own careers/lives then parents main job is complete in my opinion, the job being to raise people who can go out into the world and take care of themselves.  It doesn't mean you stop loving them or being there for them. 

Radar is now claiming that Khloe had a crying breakdown between scenes in her appearance on I Am Cait. Note that the photo they used of Khloe crying could not have been from the day of that episode -- her hairstyle and nail polish color are different...

...I'm not buying this. I watched that show. Khloe was cold as ice, spent the whole time irritably stroking her hair, spoke in an abrupt clipped manner, and had a flat, dead "Fuck you, Cait" look in her eyes. I think this Radar story is made-up damage control baloney to make Khloe look sensitive. The only thing I believe in the article is that Khloe was pressured into appearing on I Am Cait. It was pretty clear that she had no interest in talking to Cait.

I buy that Khloe (or someone with her team) gave ROL that story - true or not (and I guess not).     The Kardashians have ROL on speed dial.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Despite my dislike of Khloe, I'll have to acknowledge that constant hair stroking, twirling the ends of your hair with your fingers, or flipping hair off your face every few seconds could be a nervous habit rather than a "Look at ME!" gesture. Sort of like biting your nails, or playing with a string of worry beads.

Except she is always doing it, even while driving.

In a snippet of tape I saw somewhere - taken at Kylie's 18th birthday festivities, Cait said, "My job is over!"

I said something similar when my oldest hit adulthood. Does that actually mean I am done being a parent and that I have no cares in the world for my child. Absolutely not. When I said it, and I said it more than once, my child knew I was being funny. I recall making a comment to my friends about my job as a parent being done when my kids are able to cook and use the microwave. Was I serious? Of course not. Are parents not capable of being funny or are they not allowed to be funny?

I honestly don't fault Caitlyn for this at all.   At what point is she allowed live her own life?  Of course she will always be Kylie's parent and hopefully be available if Kylie needs her for anything but when your kids are out of school (or not going in this case) and starting their own careers/lives then parents main job is complete in my opinion, the job being to raise people who can go out into the world and take care of themselves.  It doesn't mean you stop loving them or being there for them.

I agree.

• Love 4

I don't watch the Kardashian shows but even I know what Kylie has been up to for the past year. She has just turned 18, which means she has been 17 for a year, and that means she was not an adult. There has been some discussion that perhaps Kylie needed Bruce's (and Kris's) guidance over the past year, and will most likely need it for several more years. 

It's usually funny when a parents says at their child's 18th birthday party, "My job is over" because we know it's really not. But if Caitlyn really means it, I think that's sad. 

• Love 1

I don't watch the Kardashian shows but even I know what Kylie has been up to for the past year. She has just turned 18, which means she has been 17 for a year, and that means she was not an adult. There has been some discussion that perhaps Kylie needed Bruce's (and Kris's) guidance over the past year, and will most likely need it for several more years. 

It's usually funny when a parents says at their child's 18th birthday party, "My job is over" because we know it's really not. But if Caitlyn really means it, I think that's sad. 

When was her "job over" with her original children? Birth?

You got to laugh when she's sitting there advising the transgendered children's parents on how to be a good supportive parent. 

Caitlyn: "You know, when your 17yr old wants to inflate her lips and take half-naked selfies and buy her own house-you just gotta BE THERE for her"

(parents nod)

• Love 2

I don't think Caitlyn means it, only because she never really parented that child to begin with. So nothing really changes now that she's 18.

• Love 1