Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Family Interference

Cait is invited to her first all-girl sleepover by Candis; and she visits a support group for families with trans kids. Also: Kim and Khloé are critical of the comments Cait made about their mother in the Vanity Fair article.

Seems Kris, Kim and Khloe were having trouble with Cait speaking truthfully.

I think Cait is speaking what she sees as the truth for her, but there are obviously two sides to every story. Cait comes off as incredibly shallow and self centered to me, and like Khloe said, she's so one sided, and its basically pointless to try and get her to see that her comments were hurtful. She might not have meant the distraction comment in the way they think she did, but Kendall was obviously hurt by it.

Cait's comments about Kourtney and Khloe not visiting, possibly meaning that they don't accept her, show how out of touch she is with how difficult her transition is to the people closest to her. Cait's more interested in the hair, the makeup and the glam of it all to truly understand how this is effecting her kids. She's right, and no one is really allowed to disagree with her, or they clearly just don't understand.

I think Cait, likes this image of her as some victim of the Kardashians, but she's as big a fame whore as they are. 

Also. Kim was absolutely right that, Cait's comment, that if Kris had been accepting of her, they would still be together, was extremely unfair. I'm glad she brought up that Kris is not a lesbian and doesn't want to be married to a woman. 

Edited by MissE
  • Love 18

Interesting to see things from the Karadashian's perspective over the Vanity Fair article. I read it and didn't find what Caitlyn said to be offensive, but then again I'm not related to her and wasn't addressed in that interview. 

Kate Bornstein is straight to the point. I've seen her speak at an event. And, I think she was right to say to Caitlyn that attempting to normalize things as much as possible is for the benefit of those who don't understand/disagree. I hope Caitlyn will continue to educate herself and try not to give too much thought to what naysayers believe. Continue to do good for the community. 

• Love 3

I think Cait is speaking what she sees as the truth for her, but there are obviously two sides to every story. Cait comes off as incredibly shallow and self centered to me, and like Khloe said, she's so one sided, and its basically pointless to try and get her to see that her comments were hurtful. She might not have meant the distraction comment in the way they think she did, but Kendall was obviously hurt by it.

Cait's comments about Kourtney and Khloe not visiting, possibly meaning that they don't accept her, show how out of touch she is with how difficult her transition is to the people closest to her. Cait's more interested

in the hair, the makeup and the glam of it all to truly understand how this is effecting her kids. She's right, and no one is really allowed to disagree with her, or they clearly just don't understand.

There are two sides but the side Kris wants to spin isn't the unvarnished truth either.

Khloe likes to stir up shit with Kendall. She did the same thing when they all confronted Caitlyn about being truthful about her plans. Kendall was listening to her explanation and Khloe was sending her texts undermining her credibility.

I will give Khloe props for recognizing that Cait is selfish and will never get her point. I don't think her relationship with Cait will ever be as it was with Bruce.

• Love 4

I haven't watched  more than 30 minutes of KUWTK but what I remember is that the three oldest girls were whiny and that Kim was the worst of all. Here, she seemed the most mature, trying to explain everything to everyone, not focusing on herself. Was she always the "tentpole" character? I think I like her!

And I also don't see Kris as the villain. Is it so terrible that she wouldn't want to stay with her husband after she transitioned? I'm not sure what kind of relationship Caitlyn thought they would have going forward.

• Love 8

I got the impression that Caitlyn was saying she would not gone as far into the transition as she has if Kris would have been okay with her being in femme mode more openly around the house.

Why she would think Kris would have been okay with it especially considering the extremely public lives they live, the ever present cameras and paparazzi??

Kris is entitled to be hurt, but she also needs to accept her role in the situation. She did pretty much use Kim and North and Kanye as an excuse to get Caitlyn of the house and ensconced in Malibu. But her tears to me are more sympathy seeking than real hurt, the divorce had been final for a long time, she had a new boyfriend and was free to party it up, something Caitlyn wasn't keen on and was annoyed at Kris's acting like one of the girls and not their mother.

• Love 6

Also. Kim was absolutely right that, Cait's comment, that if Kris had been accepting of her, they would still be together, was extremely unfair. I'm glad she brought up that Kris is not a lesbian and doesn't want to be married to a woman. 

I think it is a very egotistical to expect a woman should love you so much that she would stay with you even after you morph into a woman yourself.   I also think it stems from ingrained gender role thinking that wives should be more amenable and flexible when it comes to their spouse's needs than vice versa..  

It does happen, and my heart goes out to those couples because from what I've read it's a hard struggle, often accompanied by a deep sense of loss on all sides.   But to expect it?

When I see documentaries about such couples, I always feel terrible for the wife because she is typically left with two choices: go along with the transition, or leave.   And because married people tend to transition later in life, these women are frequently well into their forties and fifties, at ages when starting over or facing the prospect of a life alone may seem more daunting than the challenges waiting for them if they stay.   It really is a Hobson's choice.

I don't have a high opinion of Orange is the New Black but I think the writers have done a superlative if understated job of capturing the agony on both sides of this conflict.

For Jenner to say that Kris should have stayed, and to assign fault to her because she didn't, suggests she didn't devote much thought to her wife's welfare before or during this process.  

One wonders, would the former Olympian have stayed in a marital relationship with Kris had she decided to become a man?   Would Jenner have remained at Kris' side as Kris had her breasts removed and hair grew on her face and chest? My guess would be no.    Hasn't Jenner already divorced twice for less drastic reasons?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 11

On the "About ____", two part special I couldn't help but notice Cait being oblivious to the effect her transition would have on the kids. The fact that she would look different and be different as "her", telling them they will like "her" so much better.  She was thinking what's the big deal, you'll finally get to meet ME! She just didn't get it. The support group part of this episode was cool. I would like to see her go to a support group for the kids of transgender people. Even if she doesn't get anything out of it, I would like to hear what they have to say!

• Love 6

Wow such much to say

about this episode....was Caitlyn saying she would not have transitioned if Kris was more accepting? What does that say about the need to live your true life??? I'm confused. Also seems to me the Kardashians are telling caitlyn she must toe the line, don't talk about the family, be on the same page as everyone else; in other words DON'T TELL THE TRUTH!!! They are all full of shit and I don't believe anything on either this show or kuwth is real.

• Love 2

I don't have the time right now for a very coherent comment right now because so sleepy, but omg I didn't know Kate Bornstein would be on.  Ze's*  like my personal rockstar so I definitely squeed when ze showed up.  I guess we all have our own persona rockstars who we get excited about and treat them like they are famous even if they aren't exactly the definition of famous and for me, Kate is one of them. 

Also, Zoey and her mother Ofelia were profiled on Laverne Cox's MTV doc, I think it was called The T Word.  I think there may have been another youth profiled on that doc, but Zoey just really stuck with me and I have been wondering how she's doing so it was great seeing her.  It's a good one, worth watching.  

*ze/zir - gender neutral pronouns some people, including Kate, pefers.

• Love 1

Cait is permitted to speak about her own experiences, including her last marriage and it's end. That isn't trashing Kris. I don't expect any of the K girls to get that, though.

On another note, was this episode about 40 minutes of commercials/20 minutes of show?

• Love 7

Who was Zoey? What did I miss? I know there will be an episode later on of Cait going to visit a center for transgender youth. I remember the photos were snapped the day after the VF cover came out, and I assume that that ep will air before the big ESPY moment of triumph. It was touted in the press as her going there to give a motivational support speech to the teens. I don't remember seeing a support group on tonight's episode, though. 

I actually watched the two "About Bruce" specials this afternoon, so they are kind of melding in my head to all part of the same series of family discussions. 

Wow such much to say

about this episode....was Caitlyn saying she would not have transitioned if Kris was more accepting? What does that say about the need to live your true life??? I'm confused. Also seems to me the Kardashians are telling caitlyn she must toe the line, don't talk about the family, be on the same page as everyone else; in other words DON'T TELL THE TRUTH!!! They are all full of shit and I don't believe anything on either this show or kuwth is real.

Kim was spewing the same party line way back a couple seasons telling Brandon and Brody that they need to get on the same page regarding the alleged rift in the Jenner vs Kardashian sides and spin some happy family BS to the public.

Looking at Khloes and Kims faces in this episode I think

they've put Bruce in the past. They've moved on, they will

smile and make nice but it's all on the surface. But then so

much of their lives is superficial I doubt they'll even notice.

I'm really shocked that Caitlyn thinks all the acceptance, understanding and accommodation is on others, that she Isn't expected to make any effort to alleviate their discomfort or confusion. I've said it before, the way she treated her 88 yr old mom, greeting her in full makeup and hair on camera no less, this was after she basically told Khloe that she schmoozed the old lady by telling her that they'd probably be a lot closer in the future, shows how callous she can be.

I wonder how much effort she'll make to maintain that new closeness in the future?

• Love 7

Cait is permitted to speak about her own experiences, including her last marriage and it's end. That isn't trashing Kris. I don't expect any of the K girls to get that, though.

On another note, was this episode about 40 minutes of commercials/20 minutes of show?

She's absolutely allowed to speak about her own experiences and the ending of her marriage, but to imply that her marriage ended because Kris couldn't accept her as a woman is just ridiculous and unrealistic. Kris doesn't want to be married to a woman, and for Cait to be so black and white about it, is unfair to Kris. Now obviously there was a lot wrong with that relationship, and Kris played a big part in that, but Cait is portraying herself as a victim of Kris, and acting like they would still be married if Kris could have just accepted being in a relationship with a woman.

Like Millennium said, if the roles were reversed, do you think Bruce would have stayed with Kris, is she was transitioning to a man? The biggest problem IMO, is that Cait can't look past herself, to see how this is effecting others, and honestly, I'm sure that the Kardashians are the same. They are all self centered, attention seeking people.

• Love 11

Was Khloe implying she wasn't wearing false eyelashes and her long lashes are a result of being a Kardashian? 

Why is Candis the only one who gets some repeat appearances? Did she audition to be her close transgender friend? I assume she's getting paid to be on the show.

• Love 1

Why is Candis the only one who gets some repeat appearances? Did she audition to be her close transgender friend? I assume she's getting paid to be on the show.

I assume it's because of her celebrity and her looks.

• Love 1

Cait was very defensive with Kim and Khloe, and tried to control the conversations. She ordered both of them, "Don't go there," several times during their talks.

Kim came across as sincere and reasonable (I hate having to admit that!) and Khloe came across as angry and bitchy. I noticed that Kim went to Cait, visiting her at the Malibu house, but Cait had to go (be driven in a limo) to Khloe's house. Other than when they talked about Kris, the conversation with Khloe was pretty vapid and fake. Cait showed off her handbag -- "Donatella Versace gave it to me. It's not on the market yet." -- and Khloe corrected her: "You say, 'It's not in stores yet.' " They discussed their respective false eyelashes, and Khloe said Cait should go to their people to get eyelash extensions -- dumb, since Cait quite obvoiusly has her own glam squad. Then Khloe finally quit stroking her damn hair, and gave Cait a group texting lesson. They parted with a hug but I had the feeling Khloe hates Cait's guts.

I don't think Cait said anything all that bad about Kris in the VF article; I think Kim and Khloe were overreacting. However, Cait was being totally delusional to think that if Kris had accepted her wanting to be a woman, they'd still be together. As Kim said, Kris didn't want to be married to a lesbian. That's not what she signed up for in the marriage. Unless it's true that she knew Cait was trying to transition when they met (Cait's B cup estrogen-induced boobs), knew Cait secretly dressed in women's clothes, and either didn't care or thought she could change Cait's mind.

I despise Pimp Momma Kris, but I did think she looked truly hurt in the short clip they showed from next week's show, where she and Cait were talking. I will have to wait and see the whole segment before I can tell whether she was putting on an act.

The show sure is doing a big tease about a sexual attraction between Cait and Candis, with that "slumber party" segment. They were looking together at the skimpy, sheer, thigh-high loungewear in Candis' closet.  Then Cait, in her conservative long-sleeved silk pajamas, asked what Candis wore to bed. Candis smirked, "Nothing." Okay then. Nude slumber party?

What is this about middle-aged women having a slumber party anyway?  Am I out of the social loop, and grown women really do that, like middle school girls?  Or do they just do it in Hollywood? Or just when they need to do something cheesy for their reality show?

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 6

Cait seems way more into her step daughters than she is into her biological kids, especially the four who were born before she married Kris.

Khloe seems like such an arrogant person.  Her smug expressions tonight were palpable.  Too bad Cait seems to need her approval so badly.

• Love 1

The fuckery level is reaching all time highs on this show now.  I do not watch KUWTK.  I do not watch Kris Jenner.  I do not care about the Kardashians.  They have all been on TV so long they can no longer find the truth.  Khloe used coversate as a verb.  Grrr.  

I have so many trans and/or queer friends that no longer have any relationship with their families.  I don't think the Kardashians will suddenly refuse to speak with Cait because they will do whatever they need to do to stay on TV.  

I more and more have the feeling that Candis was hired to take part in this show.  I hope she is being well compensated.  

• Love 1

I think you're both crappy parents if you use your children as stand ins for your adult conflicts during a divorce. And I don't care about the family drama of the Jenner-Kardashian family because I think it's all BS. I never watched KUWTK, and I'm not interested in watching this show as a spin-off/continuation.

I still think it's cool to see Kate B and other trans activists and less famous everyday trans people showcased, and even if it means FF 90% of the show, I like that there's a few minutes of interesting stuff tucked in, and I hope there'll be more of that and less of Bad Parenting and other K-J Specific Drama in future.

If middle aged women are having slumber parties, with or without pillow fights, I sure don't know about it.

• Love 3
For Jenner to say that Kris should have stayed, and to assign fault to her because she didn't, suggests she didn't devote much thought to her wife's welfare before or during this process.  

But that's not at all what Caitlyn said anwywhere [anywhere I saw ] in the Vanity Fair article.   In fact  I thought everything she said in regards to Kris was more than fair despite the fact that those two don't agree on anything about this  situation.   What Jenner did say is that the marriage problems were 20% about gender and 80% the way Kris treated her. 

Who was Zoey? What did I miss?

She was a 13 year old who transitioned at age eight or nine and part of a teen support group Caitlyn visited this episode with Candis s at Los Angeles Childrens Hosptial - Adolescent Medicine. One group with teens and young adults and another with their parents/grandparents/siblings etc.   Oh and on a side note, Chaz Bono is a co-facilitator of the teen group seems to be doing good things. 

What is this about middle-aged women having a slumber party anyway?  Am I out of the social loop, and grown women really do that, like middle school girls?  Or do they just do it in Hollywood? Or just when they need to do something cheesy for their reality show?

Probably the latter.    I'm not sure why they called it that, rather than "come over and hang out for a couple days."  especially since the "party" was just Candis and Cait. Maybe it was better for the previews?     But they did say that Caitlyn is going through a second adolescence - this time as a girl and that it's a common experience right after someone transitions. . 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

Cait seems way more into her step daughters than she is into her biological kids, especially the four who were born before she married Kris.

Khloe seems like such an arrogant person. Her smug expressions tonight were palpable. Too bad Cait seems to need her approval so badly.

I agree about Khloe. Her expressions and tone are truly arrogant. I have noticed in all the recent shows where she has conversations with Cait, her tone is so flippant (best word I can think of to describe it!). "That's nice" "I'm glad" Khloe's response to anything Cait says regarding her journey sounds so utterly fake and dismissive. She uses that little baby voice and says the polite thing, but her tone just drips with sarcasm.

And what is her problem with the damn hair??? She strokes that weave like she's grooming a pedigreed show cat.

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 11

Khloe was looking at her phone 50% of the time.  I'm not sure why she decided she knows everything about her mom and Cait's marriage or why she thinks she needs to relay Kendall's feelings for that matter.  Only two people really ever know what happens in a marriage and even then those two people don't always agree on what happened.   It would be nice however if they could  (or would) repair their relationship enough to be able to talk directly and not through Khloe. 

Kendall is grown up enough to buy a house and have a big modeling career so if she has something to say to her father I'm sure she's capable of doing her own talking. 

Khloe used coversate as a verb.  Grrr.  

Ha!  I almost forgot about that.   You know, I do watch KUWTK from time to time (my niece never misses it so we sometimes watch together) and I swear I lose IQ points every time.  

As far as Candis' appearance on the show goes, I'd call her a member of the cast.  That doesn't mean she isn't friends with Cait or that she doesn't enjoy hanging out with her  but in the end, when she's filming she's working - not unlike the Real Housewives.  What?  Don't judge me, I have no standards when it comes to TV

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

If middle aged women are having slumber parties, with or without pillow fights, I sure don't know about it.

Lol, new one to me as well. 

I wonder if Caitlyn is as selfish as she's being portrayed here?  Someone did say she's having a second adolescence and that fits just right; she's as self-absorbed and shallow as any teenager.

Of course her gender dysphoria had a major impact on her marriage to Kris!  Kris is very likely everything we think she is:  selfish, money-hungry, etc, but marriage is about TWO people.  I certainly don't see Caitlyn as some big victim here.

To me it seems that ALL of them - Cait, Kris, Khloe and Kim - are more interested in their images than in other people. But after Kris treated Bruce like shit on the show for years, I don't blame Cait for speaking "her truth" in the Vanity Fair article. imo Kris manipulates Kim and Khloe into doing what she wants - she seems to have less control over Kourtney.

• Love 4

Chloe's reaction to Cait saying that transpeople are homeless and living in the streets "Ah, that's not good" and continued twirling her hair. I laughed out loud. Like she really cares.

As to the poster above who liked Kim for her appearance here- these girls just want to be in front of the camera. They make a mountain out of a molehill. This whole outrage about the Vanity Fair article is staged. They don't care all that much but it is a chance to pretend they are livid to gain camera time and press. This is the Kartrashian goal. They are famous for nothing. Oh wait, Kim is famous for a dirty filthy sex tape. The two biggest publicity whores- Kim and Khloe - got themselves on tonight's show. They just need a topic to harp on for publicity purposes. They are thilled about the Cait transition because it gives them more publicity. They have never offered anything of use to society and have no talent yet they are in our faces all day long.

I loved seeing Chaz. Someone who does NOT seek publicity. He has been at that place since 2009 helping these youth. Who knew?

Edited by Rigoletto22
  • Love 9
I loved seeing Chaz. Someone who does NOT seek publicity. He has been at that place since 2009 helping these youth. Who knew?

Highlight of the week. I was thinking about Chaz after last week's episode and it was so great to see him show up here. There was one shot of Chaz and Cait together, toward the beginning of the segment, and it was just a lovely moment.

As to the rest, I could have done with more Chaz and less Kim and Khloe. Very excited to see that they have an NBA player guest starring in an upcoming episode--I know nothing about the NBA, but I think it's huge to have a professional athlete be a part of this show in a positive way.

• Love 5

Seems Kris, Kim and Khloe were having trouble with Cait speaking truthfully.

I think Kim and Khloe are having problems with Cait badmouthing their mother.  Whatever we the public think/feel about Kris, she is their mother.  And even if they hate her 80% of the time - she is still their mother.  I know with me, I can complain all day and night about my parents, but if you DARE criticize them to my face, I will make you very sorry.

Khloe seems like such an arrogant person.  Her smug expressions tonight were palpable.  Too bad Cait seems to need her approval so badly.

Khloe is, and has always been, the most insecure and unsure of the bunch, which she hides inside a tough/angry shell.  What was palpable to me was both her discomfort and her anger toward Cait on behalf of Kendall and Kylie.

Khloe was looking at her phone 50% of the time.  I'm not sure why she decided she knows everything about her mom and Cait's marriage or why she thinks she needs to relay Kendall's feelings for that matter. 

Kendall is grown up enough to buy a house and have a big modeling career so if she has something to say to her father I'm sure she's capable of doing her own talking. 

While Bruce always babied Kendall and Kylie and Kris neglected them, Khloe was most influential to them.  They go pretty much exclusively to her for emotional support.  I believe that Kendall has trouble expressing herself - especially when it comes to her father.  I believe that Khloe finds her strength in protecting her "babies".  I also believe that SOMEBODY needs to reign in Cait's 65 year-old supposed adolescence and remind her that she still has children to deal with.  I honestly don't care how big this "issue" is, it doesn't give her a pass on the rest of her responsibilities.  She is in the process of abandoning yet another set of children.  Khloe was doing her best with handing her the "you are hurting your children" news.  Caitlyn, of course didn't care.  She's mad that nobody comes to visit but hasn't said a word about her grandchildren.  Khloe's not strong enough to deal with Cait, IMO.  I would have scorched the earth, were it me and Caitlyn was damaging those that I love.  I'd teach her what an organic, free range, born this way bitch is really capable of.  And then I would leave her to her "new" life. 

To me it seems that ALL of them - Cait, Kris, Khloe and Kim - are more interested in their images than in other people. But after Kris treated Bruce like shit on the show for years, I don't blame Cait for speaking "her truth" in the Vanity Fair article. imo Kris manipulates Kim and Khloe into doing what she wants - she seems to have less control over Kourtney.

I will stand alone in the belief that Caitlyn is full of crap.  I am so tired of everything always being the wife's fault.  I don't come on here and claim to never watch this show.  I have watched this show since the beginning and I never saw Cait as some beat down, innocent victim of spousal abuse.  I found Caitlyn to be insufferable, unkind, aloof and immature in ALL things - parenting and husbanding.  Kris is no angel, but that devil married another devil.  I never saw Caitlyn instigate one action that wasn't 100% self serving or in anyway altruistic.  I never saw a husband who was doting or affectionate with his wife.  Caitlyn tuned out pretty much all the time, pursuing her own childish interests.  Meanwhile Kris would buy her cars, toys, invite her kids on vacation so that they could do the things Cait likes to do - I saw Kris try in between the alleged beat downs.  Again, devil met devil and this is what they spawned.

Speaking of which, I don't think Kris manipulates Kim or Khloe - I think they are protective of their mother - as are most kids.  I think Kris is a HORRIBLE mother and should be brought up on charges on her complete neglect of Kylie in the later years, but I don't attribute to her the power of a god so that every emotion/word/opinion of every person who has crossed her path is molded to her will.   Nor do I think that Caitlyn (who in my estimation is VERY manly in terms of ego and the ability to dismiss the concerns of other women) was scared of or controlled by Kris.  Caitlyn wore Kris as a beard, used Kris' business savvy to stay relevant and it is because of Kris' empire and EX HUSBAND'S LAST NAME, that Caitlyn can run off to Malibu, hire a glam team and transition on a red carpet and a pink cloud.  I think she has a lot of nerve to badmouth anybody in her tell all lingerie spread.  Seems to me that she has legions of children who should start opening their underwear drawers right now to air the laundry that is Caitlyn Jenner.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 17

On KUWTK Kris treated Kaitlyn like shit. Kris made fun of her and acted as if she was less than the rest. I'm sure the evil momager was resentful of the cross dressing but I saw a lot of emotional abuse and fake or not it's mean and nasty to give Cait the role of incompetent loser.

• Love 5

As the old saying goes 'hindsight is 20/20' and I think that Caitlyn will realize that there's a lot of things she could have done differently that could have resulted in a more positive reaction, particularly from Khloe and Kourtney.  To them, it appeared that she 'pulled a fast one' by keeping this life-changing decision to herself to just prior to the Diane Sawyer interview.

I'm beginning to get a little tired of the responses that Caitlyn always gives whenever her sexual orientation for intimate relationships is questioned. Candis is beautiful, sexy and apparently very much willing to embark on a sexual relationship with Caitlyn. All Caitlyn can drawl out about how she views her sexuality now is "I d-o-n't... k-n-o-o-w".  Come on! Are we supposed to believe that Caitlyn hasn't yet decided if she's sexually attracted to men or women? Of course she knows, but right now she has a lot of fear about committing sexually.

Khloe bugs the hell out of me. The way she came all glammed up and pursing her lips while listening to Caitlyn. The way she plays with her hair ceaselessly is just maddening. All her mannerisms are intended to be flirty and attractive for the camera. She always looks like she's posing for a photo-shoot.

I noticed in this photo that she's going for the same look as Kylie has. I swear that all the Kardashian women will eventually morph into the same face.

Khloe-KardashianInstagram.png

• Love 5

On KUWTK Kris treated Kaitlyn like shit. Kris made fun of her and acted as if she was less than the rest. I'm sure the evil momager was resentful of the cross dressing but I saw a lot of emotional abuse and fake or not it's mean and nasty to give Cait the role of incompetent loser.

I don’t see how Kris could just “give” Caitlyn the role of incompetent loser year after year since the 2007 debut of KUWTK.  Caitlyn isn’t mentally incompetent and was not a helpless victim. She saw the show all those years and knew how she was being edited and presented. She didn’t have to be part of it if it bothered her that much. All of them have profited from it and obviously the lure of money was and is the master of all of them.

• Love 7

Khloe never liked Cait.  She was rude to her for years, if anyone watched the show they could see this.  In fact, I always thought they all disliked each other. Didn't Khloe say she never had a relationship with her sisters until they started filming?

One more thing - I'm getting very tired of the repeated close-ups of Cait's manicured hands.

• Love 1

For me, the most interesting that I took away from this episode is that the show is really trying to show a diverse representation of Trans Women, and ideologies.

I'm glad they showed the Professer Xavier ( Jenny Boylan) and Magneto ( Kate Bornstein) viewpoints of the community.  It makes for refreshing interludes amidst the Kardashian drama.

Forgot to add, Kate Bornstein is super cool.  I loved her explanation of what it means to be an ally. "It's not just about gender-neutral bathrooms..."

Edited by Febgirl
  • Love 3

I don’t see how Kris could just “give” Caitlyn the role of incompetent loser year after year since the 2007 debut of KUWTK. Caitlyn isn’t mentally incompetent and was not a helpless victim. She saw the show all those years and knew how she was being edited and presented. She didn’t have to be part of it if it bothered her that much. All of them have profited from it and obviously the lure of money was and is the master of all of them.

Well, I won't argue but to clarify, that is how a fake reality show works. There is a "Top Dawg" (Kim) and an underdog (Kait) and a few in between. It's a formula. There are definitely roles to be played, or it would actually BE reality.

The segments with Khloe and Kim were so irritating.  BOTH of them have allowed their nasty divorces to play out in the media!  Also, I'm fairly certain that Caitlyn's statement about probably still being with Kris today, was originally said during the Diane Sawyer interview, so why is Kim suddenly having a problem with it when Caitlyn repeated it in Vanity Fair?  What they're are really pissed off about is that *they* no longer control the narrative.  If Kris feels snubbed, she has her own show to address it, or she could - I dunno - pick up the phone and talk to Caitlyn directly instead of sending in her henchmen.  

• Love 4

As the old saying goes 'hindsight is 20/20' and I think that Caitlyn will realize that there's a lot of things she could have done differently that could have resulted in a more positive reaction, particularly from Khloe and Kourtney.  To them, it appeared that she 'pulled a fast one' by keeping this life-changing decision to herself to just prior to the Diane Sawyer interview.

I'm beginning to get a little tired of the responses that Caitlyn always gives whenever her sexual orientation for intimate relationships is questioned. Candis is beautiful, sexy and apparently very much willing to embark on a sexual relationship with Caitlyn. All Caitlyn can drawl out about how she views her sexuality now is "I d-o-n't... k-n-o-o-w".  Come on! Are we supposed to believe that Caitlyn hasn't yet decided if she's sexually attracted to men or women? Of course she knows, but right now she has a lot of fear about committing sexually.

Khloe bugs the hell out of me. The way she came all glammed up and pursing her lips while listening to Caitlyn. The way she plays with her hair ceaselessly is just maddening. All her mannerisms are intended to be flirty and attractive for the camera. She always looks like she's posing for a photo-shoot.

I noticed in this photo that she's going for the same look as Kylie has. I swear that all the Kardashian women will eventually morph into the same face.

Khloe-KardashianInstagram.png

She looks ridiculous.  They all do, with those exagerated lips, overdone eyes, mile long lashes, coiffed brows and Khloe's gigantic fake butt.  What hit me this weekend is that it looks like Kourtney has recently had work done.  She doesn't look like herself anymore.  She looks like an ugly version of Kim - who stopped looking like herself long ago.  Kylie looks disgusting and if I had a daughter I wouldn't let her follow Kylie at all.

• Love 2

I've never thought that she resembled her sisters. I laughed when she claimed her lashes were due to being a Kardashian.

She said it without the hint of a smile. I'm sure she doesn't believe it and it was the oddest thing to hear.

Cait is beyond dull, that's her problem.  Even now, with everything she has gone through, her scenes are excruciatingly monotone.

• Love 1

I hate the Kardashians as much as any good citizen of the world does/should, but the more I see Cait, the more I find myself siding with them. I'd rather watch a show all about Candis.

• Love 1

'Cait tells her that she's been learning so much about trans folks, like how many are living on the streets. Khloe: "Awwww, that's not good."'

I'm surprised no one is talking about this. Khloe said it with about as much concern as you'd give someone who just told you they chipped a nail.

I also wish everyone would stop trying to make Cait&Candis happen. I don't think Candis is interested in women, there's a really significant age difference there, and I really don't see Cait dating a transgendered person. I don't think she's that liberated yet.

• Love 4

I've never thought that she resembled her sisters. I laughed when she claimed her lashes were due to being a Kardashian.

That stuck out for me too - I'd guess the hairdresser is her dad.
  • Love 2