Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E24: Episode 24

• Start Topic

Steve was playing them? Ha!

"Steve likes books, and I like...beer."

Liz didn't look as into the kiss and hug as Austin was. But she was all up on him after winning HOH. Their dynamic confuses and frightens me.

Nope. Still don't like Becky.

• Love 4

Worst alliance name ever.  So bad I have already forgotten it.  Something to do with scampering.  It was the girly equivalent of all those typically macho alliance names that dude-bros come up with every season, like the Hit-Men or the Bomb Squad or whatever.  Austin's Angels was at least clever, though it made me want to heave for other reasons (or one single reason actually, that being Austin).

• Love 7

The only moment of this episode that made me interested or laugh was Johnny Mac going into the HoH room after Vanessa and telling her that it looked a little fishy. Other than that, this was a yawner from start to finish. 

• Love 6

First off screw you network peeps for delaying the show half a freakin hour. I'd even padded 15 minutes but it wasn't enough (luckily I check on it when it was still save-able)

I really want that "blood on my hands" emoticon. That made the episode for me.

Vanessa continues to be baffling to me how she always gets who she feels should go up on the block. Even Jackie as it turns out... And yet with everyone on to her she still gets what she wants.Unbelievable.

Liz was sooo into that kiss... about the same reaction he'd have gotten had he, say, kissed JohnnyMac. There's never that pause and then verification it's okay and reciprocation from her. Ya know? She gets pulled into a kiss and instead of her being shocked at first then kissing back affirmation there's just... nothing...

• Love 3

I haven't seen any other seasons of BB. When I first started watching this season, I thought it would be so interesting to see a poker player use their strategies to make it till the end. Now that it's actually happening, I'm completely annoyed and want her to be voted out every week. Lol WHY?

• Love 4

MMLEsq,

Becky worries that "that manipulative bitch" (Vanessa) will determine Liz's noms. She complains to Meg that Vanessa affects other people's voting, and why her target wasn't sent home last week.

John interrupted the twins and Vanessa strategizing. It was awkward.

James discussed his love of Titantic with Austin, but was forced to acknowledge that Rose was "greedy" for hogging the debris and letting Jack freeze to death. Austin stated he would let Liz float on the debris because he's a "gentleman".

Vanessa and Austwins decided to call themselves Austin's Angels.

The twins, Vanessa, and Austin discussed noms. Liz said she would "absolutely not" put up Steve. She contemplated Meg and John, with Becky as backdoor.

Becky worked to convince L/J/A that Vanessa planned to have the POV thrown and have Austin backdoored. She stated that Vanessa uses people to her own benefit. Austwins act shocked and appalled.

Austwins meet with Steve and James. James talks about how Steve has grown on him. They play chess. They shower next to each other. They wear floppy hats. They brush their teeth together.

Austwins, Vanessa, and Steve decide their alliance will be called the Scamper Squad.

John asks Vanessa if he's going up. She's vague and tells him he's not the target. He tells her he felt bullied. She said that's unfair. After they talked, she immediately went to HOH. John followed and told her she was acting "fishy".

Nomination ceremony: John because he's a "veto superstar", and Becky because she's an "undercover Superwoman". Liz was a little emotional. Wished them luck.

• Love 6

Great job RedheadZombie.

I agree that the Twins feel they are the coolest kids in the group and people should just bow down to them like Austin does. And the voices!! Ugh. I used to think it was mainly a Liz thing but Julia I've realized is even worse. Like she's too cool to hang out with anyone. Did I mention the voices and phrasings?

And I think that Steve is "50% acting"... and 25% psycho and 25% really pathetic.

I also wonder if the editors like or dislike that he DR's outloud in a closed room instead of, ya know, in the DR. Personally it bugs me.

• Love 8

Thank you, Liz. [insert heart/eyes emojis here.]  I was pretty damn worried in that HoH, I admit.  Should have had more faith.  

Wah-wah, Meg is upset that one of her friends got sent home…again!  Dear, Dear Meg, you are so right…nobody you like should ever have to leave.  It's just mean!  (Can't she take a train to the face, or something?)

Thankfully the broadcast show acknowledged…FINALLY…that Steve has been working with "Austin's Angels" (not named that at the time) for a very long time.  Now I don't have to be so oblique about why I know he's on their side.  Ironically, the acknowledgement comes just after John almost pulled him to working with John/Becky, but one of them is probably leaving this week and Steve still doesn't trust Becky, so I think he's locked in, for the moment. And yes, "Scamper Squad" sucks square-ells as a name but

Production won't allow them to use "Freaks and Geeks" because of the TV show of the same name, and in fact TPTB probably hid the existence of the alliance for all these weeks because they didn't want to deal with the rights issue

, so what are you gonna do?  Still better than "Quack Pack", and at least it's not all violent-themed like "Nazi Death Squad" (er, "Exterminators"), "Bomb Squad", "Detonators", or "Hitmen".

I'm glad that Becky confirmed that Vanessa was really selling Austwins down the river when she made that deal with "Dark Moon" (no reason for them to be left in the dark), but I'm also glad that Liz sees that breaking up John/Becky is the smartest (and simplest) play here.  And because J/B are so Vanessa-obsessed, even if the survivor gets HoH, the twins are probably safe.  All good.

And the show made sure to include I got to see Meg in a bikini (I can say many bad things about her, but not about her body) and getting bonked in the head.  A perfect blend.

Less thrilled that, after listening to the twins talk about getting to see their "twin pictures" and their big sis and get a letter, we skipped right past the HoH reveal.  Not that Austin convincing James that Titanic's Rose was a selfish bitch wasn't mildly amusing, but it's not exactly on point for the game.  Could have done without the pseudo-gaymance filler segment on Steve and James, too.  You skip showing Johnny Mac crying about Clay, but you show this?  Sigh.

Zingbot on Wednesday?  Or would they have teased it? I wonder…

• Love 3

I haven't seen any other seasons of BB. When I first started watching this season, I thought it would be so interesting to see a poker player use their strategies to make it till the end. Now that it's actually happening, I'm completely annoyed and want her to be voted out every week. Lol WHY?

Because Vanessa is completely - or as she would say, "100%"  annoying.  And exhausting.   

Still, i can't remember the last time we were this far into a season and I still don't hate any of the HGs.  Not one.  Weird. 

In fact, I even like a couple of them.  James for example may be one of my favorite HGs ever at this point both for his willingness to throw Clay and Shellie on the block and his surprisingly entertaining personality.   His DR about Titantic being  a great movie, "There are so many layers." was a LOL moment. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

Ugh, well last night went spectacularly wrong. From that idiot Liz somehow winning HOH to by favorite guy in the house being put up on the block. It doesn't look like my side of the house is doing very well, despite their "Three powerhouses and Meg" talk. Loved that Meg owned her lack of skills, though!

At this point, I'm just putting all my eggs in Becky's basket. I'm just hoping that somehow she can keep driving home how shady Vanessa is and cause Austwin to turn on her. Because I seriously cannot live through several more weeks of "Austin's Angels". That shit right there made me want to throw up. He looked so smug and the girls were acting like a pack of idiots. Made me almost want Clellie back.

And can someone please tell Austin to put a shirt on? I'm beyond sick of looking at his nipples. 

Also, what the hell is the Scamper Squad? I just can't with these people. 

OTOH, James's review of Titanic along with his bromance with Steve = just about the most glorious things I've ever seen in this house. Please don't let James go home any time soon. 

I loved the talk between Vanessa and Johnny Mac. Shot down again, just like with Becky! It's hilarious. Vanessa thinks she's like this Big Brother Svengali, everybody should just be falling over themselves in gratitude if Vanessa deigns to give you advice or try to work with you. Reality is, you're a drama queen and not everyone wants to deal with that. I loved when she ran back to tell her group (embellishing, of course) and John walks right in and is like, "Well, we were just talking, so this seems kind of fishy". Booyah! 

Why do the twins have such horrible roots? Is hair dye not allowed in the BB house? I seem to remember hair dye back in season one, with Brittany and Chicken George. Didn't Nakomis dye her hair in there as well? What, are non-conventional colors allowed? 

• Love 6

Maybe because said poker player continuously wears a green cap of filth, peppers her speech with way too many "likes" and "umms", and cries at the drop of a hat? 

James discussed his love of Titantic with Austin, but was forced to acknowledge that Rose was "greedy" for hogging the debris and letting Jack freeze to death. Austin stated he would let Liz float on the debris because he's a "gentleman".

I liked their idea of having Jack and Rose take turns on the door. 

I agree that the Twins feel they are the coolest kids in the group and people should just bow down to them like Austin does. And the voices!! Ugh. I used to think it was mainly a Liz thing but Julia I've realized is even worse. Like she's too cool to hang out with anyone. Did I mention the voices and phrasings?

Also, the shoulder shimmies and posing. I was so grateful we were spared the HOH room reveal. 

• Love 3

Vanessa continues to be baffling to me how she always gets who she feels should go up on the block. Even Jackie as it turns out... And yet with everyone on to her she still gets what she wants.Unbelievable.

Also, didn't she sit right down with Liz and say, "The target should be Becky and here's why..." and then also DR that she was glad Becky was the target and she hadn't started it? 

• Love 4

I loved the talk between Vanessa and Johnny Mac. Shot down again, just like with Becky! It's hilarious. Vanessa thinks she's like this Big Brother Svengali, everybody should just be falling over themselves in gratitude if Vanessa deigns to give you advice or try to work with you. Reality is, you're a drama queen and not everyone wants to deal with that. I loved when she ran back to tell her group (embellishing, of course) and John walks right in and is like, "Well, we were just talking, so this seems kind of fishy". Booyah! 

I totally understand John not trusting or wanting to work with Vanessa. But...why didn't he just go along with what she was saying, instead of calling her a bully and crybaby? It wasn't very smart, considering "the other side of the house" won HOH and John knew he was a possible target. Blow smoke up her ass, tell her what she wants to hear, and live to play another day. The longer the weeks go on, the more I see that John has no real strategy other than screaming in the DR and hoping he can win vetoes. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 5
I totally understand John not trusting or wanting to work with Vanessa. But...why didn't he just go along with what she was saying, instead of calling her a bully and crybaby? It wasn't very smart, considering "the other side of the house" won HOH and John knew he was a possible target. Blow smoke up her ass, tell her what she wants to hear, and live to play another day. The longer the weeks go on, the more I see that John has no real strategy other than screaming in the DR and hoping he can win vetoes.

Totally agree with this. Really stupid to make that girl angry.

Why is it ok for Austin to not wear a shirt (or shoes!) for the HOH comp. That's just gross and totally inappropriate. And I don't think production should allow it. Have some decency...and spare us, at least for the competitions!

• Love 4

You're probably right. But the whole conversation was very weird. At first, it seemed to me, like Vanessa WANTED a very honest conversation - wanted to figure out exactly how John felt so they could hash it out and move past it. But then she acted all offended when he was honest with her. I guess he should have known better and told her what she wanted to hear, but I think he was caught off guard because she was initially acting like they could just be honest with each other and put all their cards on the table. I thought he was pretty nice and diplomatic about it, though - and Vanessa ran upstairs and played it off like John was being "nasty". 

• Love 6

Every season, there is a player who everyone complains is running the game and is a dangerous player, and every season they don't take advantage of opportunities to get rid of them. Which is why we're still stuck watching Vanessa turn on the waterworks every episode.

Seriously, she's so over the top I don't know how anyone could really buy it anymore. At the very beginning, just after Jackie walked out and they all went to watch her picture go black and white on the memory wall, I swear that was Vanessa who said "That was intense. I feel like I'm gonna throw up." Meanwhile everyone was comforting Meg who was reeling from having just been on the block. SHUT UP, VANESSA.

And that scene when she went to John to "hash it out?" Please. She wanted to know what was up, and when John told her that he didn't actually trust her because she's manipulative and cries a lot and gets shouty and acts like a bully, she got all put out. Truth hurts, don't it? ;) And I loved the expression on John's face as she just squinted at him and asked him why he wasn't going along with her master plan. He could tell he was basically talking to a brick wall, so whatever. I did love when he followed her up to the HoH room to say that it looked sketchy that she went from talking to him to talk to the Austwins. Because it did. I wish he'd pushed it further, saying that she does this all the time, so that's why he doesn't trust her and want to talk game with her.

Once James, Meg and Becky were out of HoH contention, I knew it didn't matter who won. Because Vanessa would once again be the one in charge. It really irks me that they got rid of Shelli when they had the opportunity to oust Vanessa. She's the type of BB player that really rankles. The one who acts like they're in charge of the game and when things don't go their way they get all put out and complain as though everyone else is supposed to let them win the game. (See her conversation with John that didn't go the way she wanted, so therefore he's the one whose wrong.)

As cute as the James/Steve random bromance montage was, I still would've liked a little more followup on Steve's insane HoH reign and subsequent meltdown. (His "That was 50% acting" was pretty funny, though.) I did appreciate someone (Meg, maybe?) saying after the live eviction how no one knew what Steve was thinking because he's never talked game with anyone. I feel better knowing it wasn't the editors omitting it. It apparently never happened!

And I'm bracing myself for an Austin/Liz/Julia final three at this point. Because after Vanessa you should break up the twins. They're the strongest alliance and no one seems to care.

• Love 6

Yes Petunia13 I totally agree with you of Austin . I got so mad on another forum where one thread is called "separated at birth" there's a beautiful picture of the oh so perfect Jason Mamoa , next to it, ugh! Austin! How dare they! He walks around without a shirt on like a proud peacock. He's repulsive! The twins speak is absolutely shameful! They' re parents MUST be so proud (NOT!) Equally proud to see their daughter with that tatted up Neanderthal! (NOT) I do love James but my GOD! What the hell is wrong that he dosn't see those three have never been put up? Its really odd.

• Love 2

I also wonder if the editors like or dislike that he DR's outloud in a closed room instead of, ya know, in the DR. Personally it bugs me.

Oh, I think they love it, or they'd stop him (as they did when he was trying to make a tower of bottles on Thursday's show) and we wouldn't be seeing any of it. I love it, myself, and wish more houseguests would do soliloquies, because they would be letting us know what's in their heads without production prodding it out of them with directed questions.

John asks Vanessa if he's going up. She's vague and tells him he's not the target. He tells her he felt bullied.

It most likely was a mistake for John to tell Vanessa that, but sorry, toots, you are a bully in this house. Telling John that he can't have come to a conclusion about her behavior all on his own because she knows his mind doesn't work that way, and then following that up with a non-stop flood of emotional rhetoric. It's not the same kind of bullying as Clay trying to intimidate James by storming up and looming over him, but it is still bullying.

Also, the shoulder shimmies and posing. I was so grateful we were spared the HOH room reveal.

Oh, God, the shoulder shimmying. It reminds me of Jan Hooks from SNL using them to portray some vapid blonde. When Liz was voting Shelli and Jackie out on Thursday, I wanted to yell at her to sit still. Most annoying.

• Love 1

All 3 are formidable because if any make final 2 they get 2 automatic no matter what jury votes.

I think people are scared of putting up Vanessa since they not sure they have votes to evict her and ... the bigger fear she will barrage everyone in jury house to vote against anyone part of sending her there. If she is that strong of an influence in BB house with the element of comps and such to distract and change opinions, they might imagine how well she will prevail in a house with nothing for anyone to do except rehash past and embellish. Realistically someone that intense and relentless should have left before jury from an adversary perspective. Austin and the twins no longer need her, but are not going to cut her themselves. James and Co might not waste an HOH week on her and go for Liz. Bottom line all four should go. How and when is the tricky part.

• Love 2

At the very beginning, just after Jackie walked out and they all went to watch her picture go black and white on the memory wall, I swear that was Vanessa who said "That was intense. I feel like I'm gonna throw up." Meanwhile everyone was comforting Meg who was reeling from having just been on the block. SHUT UP, VANESSA.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure she was talking about the entire episode. She went from being on the block, thinking she was getting evicted (I think she's the first person who's stayed where Julie called her name out first, "By a vote of 8 to 0, Vanessa you are..."), having her closest ally evicted, playing in an HOH, having a nomination ceremony, watching a veto, seeing the veto not be used, and then evicting someone else. It was an intense hour, especially the first half, for Vanessa.

I did appreciate someone (Meg, maybe?) saying after the live eviction how no one knew what Steve was thinking because he's never talked game with anyone. I feel better knowing it wasn't the editors omitting it. It apparently never happened!

Nah, he talks game with people, just not Meg. I'm not sure he and Meg have had a conversation about anything, game or personal.

And I'm bracing myself for an Austin/Liz/Julia final three at this point. Because after Vanessa you should break up the twins. They're the strongest alliance and no one seems to care.

I don't really see why Vanessa should go before one of the threesome. Vanessa has no alliance anymore. She has the remnants of the 6S, but that's in shambles and no one trusts her anymore. She's on the outs with practically everyone in the house. Meanwhile, there is a practically unbreakable threesome, and IMO it makes no sense to target Vanessa before targeting them. But, when they're playing opposite people like Meg and John, then I guess that's what happens. Leave the threesome intact until they numbers their way to the Finals.

• Love 2
Yes Petunia13 I totally agree with you of Austin . I got so mad on another forum where one thread is called "separated at birth" there's a beautiful picture of the oh so perfect Jason Mamoa , next to it, ugh! Austin! How dare they! He walks around without a shirt on like a proud peacock. He's repulsive!

Ick, I'm glad I have never seen these comparisons. Because I would probably lose it. Even on his worst days, riding horses through the desert from dawn til dusk, Khal Drogo's hair and beard looked ten times more clean and maintained than nasty Austin's. 

Nah, he talks game with people, just not Meg. I'm not sure he and Meg have had a conversation about anything, game or personal.

I think they were showing that he didn't talk game with anyone on DE night, not that he never does. They also showed one of the twins asking if he needed to talk to anyone, and he's all - "Nah, I think I'm good". 

• Love 4

You're probably right. But the whole conversation was very weird. At first, it seemed to me, like Vanessa WANTED a very honest conversation - wanted to figure out exactly how John felt so they could hash it out and move past it. But then she acted all offended when he was honest with her. I guess he should have known better and told her what she wanted to hear, but I think he was caught off guard because she was initially acting like they could just be honest with each other and put all their cards on the table. I thought he was pretty nice and diplomatic about it, though - and Vanessa ran upstairs and played it off like John was being "nasty". 

They didn't even show the half of it. Without getting too much into feeds vs the edit in this thread Vanessa exaggerated their talk to the point of telling Austin and the twins that John's face got red with rage and that she's worried he is going to physically hurt her.

I would've liked to have seen Steve talking to John after he won veto in the DE. But nah. Useless filler like a conversation about Titanic and Steve and James' faux friendship were more intriguing. 

Meg crying that Steve never talked with her before noms. How about getting out of bed for five minutes and having a conversation with Steve in the last 50 days? Cannot stand this muppet.

Austin has man boobs. Is this a normal side effect of massive steroid use?

• Love 4

Yes Petunia13 I totally agree with you of Austin . I got so mad on another forum where one thread is called "separated at birth" there's a beautiful picture of the oh so perfect Jason Mamoa , next to it, ugh! Austin! How dare they! He walks around without a shirt on like a proud peacock. He's repulsive! The twins speak is absolutely shameful! They' re parents MUST be so proud (NOT!) Equally proud to see their daughter with that tatted up Neanderthal! (NOT) I do love James but my GOD! What the hell is wrong that he dosn't see those three have never been put up? Its really odd.

There was someone on twitter who asked Evil Dick if Austin would after BB get into movies and I said yes if they remade Harry & The Hendersens and posted a pic.

• Love 5

They're the strongest alliance and no one seems to care.

I'm new and no BB master strategist, but it seems crazy that everyone realized the "Clelli" bond was a threat and no one addresses the fact that the twins are splinterproof.

And I think those big sobs from Steve are totally warranted.  He could have gone down in the annals of zero to hero BB history if he'd broken the Austwin triumvirate in the space of an hour.

• Love 3

I've said this before somewhere, but that tattoo encircling his right (?) nipple does him no favors, because it makes it look like a pre-teen's cute little fledgling breast.

Austin, I have seen Khal Drogo. You, sir, are no Khal Drogo.

• Love 6
Khal Drogo

What? That's the look he's going for? I wouldn't even call him a "poor man's Khal Drogo". (And on a tangential note, Lisa Bonet is a very lucky woman.)

Vanessa exaggerated their talk to the point of telling Austin and the twins that John's face got red with rage and that she's worried he is going to physically hurt her.

Even just going on what was shown in the episode I think she was having a hard time selling it to herself. Good liars have to be able to look like they believe what they're saying. At this point I don't know why people even have one-on-one conversations with her anymore because there's a good possibility that if it's to her advantage she'll repeat what was said in ways that barely approach reality.

• Love 3

They care, but not in the right way. They're afraid of retribution and are all hoping somebody else will take the risk. James is probably the only one willing to step up and there's not much time left.

• Love 1

Because in a game like BB, drama is a tool used to focus attention and achieve a desired effect.

It should be employed like a scalpel in the hands of a surgeon - not slapped on in thick coats like salve for every bug bite.

Because Vanessa is completely - or as she would say, "10,000%"  annoying.  And exhausting.   

Fixed that for ya.

They didn't even show the half of it. Without getting too much into feeds vs the edit in this thread Vanessa exaggerated their talk to the point of telling Austin and the twins that John's face got red with rage and that she's worried he is going to physically hurt her.

...because, of course, it's common knowledge that all dentists from Scranton are death metal rocker serial killers.

Isn't it? :P

Or simple unbalanced weights training, with excessive focus on bench pressing.

Or a combination of the two.

• Love 3

I would've liked to have seen Steve talking to John after he won veto in the DE. But nah. Useless filler like a conversation about Titanic and Steve and James' faux friendship were more intriguing. 

Yes to this. I wanted to see a DR of JMac explaining why he didn't use the veto if he thought Steve was putting up Becky as the replacement. Such a boring episode.

I agree, he handled that badly considering Liz had won HoH and nominations hadn't been announced yet. At this point there are so few people left to root for and I want to root for John, but he doesn't seem to be playing the game very well. His whole strategy seems to be "get along with everyone and hope they like me."

I've noticed the editors have taken to scoring Steve's monologues with "crazy" music to emphasize his weirdness. But seriously - I think there's something wrong with him. There's "socially awkward" and then there's Steve. Even if you're really, really socially awkward, there's a reason for that. 

• Love 1

One interesting thing about this episode was that in the DR, Liz and Julia (I think it was both of them) repeatedly said that the different things that happened this episode (Steve HOH, Jackie eviction, Liz HOH) were great for both Liz and Julia, and kept them both safe another week. No mention of Austin as far as I remember. Not that I expected Liz to think of Austin as her #1, but she didn't say "yay Julia, Austin, and myself are all safe this week". Austin wasn't mentioned, so it's clear to me that Liz really is using Austin as a shield, and I don't think she cares much about his long-term safety, as long as she and Julia are safe.

• Love 3

So my guess is that until James/Becky, the 6S seemed to run the house most of the time, which is why Austwins never got put up (and that side of the house didn't know for sure Liz was the twin until the 5th eviction).  By the time James got HoH again, Clelli seemed to be more of a threat because they were actively influencing votes, whereas Austwin didn't and likely was considered 'splitable' later.  Again when Becky got HoH, Shelli/Vanessa were still the main targets because they influenced the rest.  Plus, until Becky got HoH, their "alliance" with John, Meg, Jackie, James, wasn't really solidified, or at least didn't seem to be.  Now the remainders are, and they realize that Steve is closer to 6S remnants, which protects Austwin.  Certainly if the Scamper Squad doesn't win HoH next week, the rest should target an Austwin because their numbers are dwindling.  I think if Austwin loses one, the remaining two just might be 'up for grabs' even if Vanessa is still there, based on some of the seeds Becky has planted.  But for now, Austwin looking at a pretty easy F4, if not F3 if the other side continues to focus primarily on Vanessa.

• Love 1

At this point there are so few people left to root for and I want to root for John, but he doesn't seem to be playing the game very well. His whole strategy seems to be "get along with everyone and hope they like me."

We heard John say what his strategy was (in the episode where we saw his family and friends, I think) and that was half of it. He hasn't really gotten to the part where he stabs them in the back yet.

Vanessa. She's the type of BB player that really rankles. The one who acts like they're in charge of the game and when things don't go their way they get all put out and complain as though everyone else is supposed to let them win the game. (See her conversation with John that didn't go the way she wanted, so therefore he's the one whose wrong.)

True John may have botched that convo, and only because Vanessa "can't believe!" that anyone could not see things the way she does.

However it's just yet another example of 'you cross Vanessa you go on the block'. Even as her popularity/house opinion wanes she's still calling all the shots.

• Love 2

Ugh, well last night went spectacularly wrong. From that idiot Liz somehow winning HOH…

Hey, don't insult Myyyyyyyyyyy Gaaaaaaaaahdessssssuh like that!  That's three comp wins for Liz, and they were all mental comps. (The paint-flinging part of the BotB aside.)  Only Steve has won more mental comps.  In the words of Jason, "we know she's smart."  (Cum Laude at Loyola, I remind you.)

Okay, I mostly just wanted an excuse to do the chart which follows; you're certainly entitled to your opinion.  Even if I disagree with it as much as I do Jason's "Fat Beth" description.  (Didn't see much tummy with Liz rocking the crop top last night.  The Swansea Stockboy can shove it!)

Anyway, competition stats: 

(Current HGs in bold.  Evicted HGs listed in descending order based on time in house. Number of HoH comps played reflects outgoing HoHs not competing, as well as the twins during Weeks 1-5. [Liz played HoH #s 1, 2, and 4; Julia played #s 3 and 5.])

James-5 wins (2/7 HoH, 2/3 BotB, 1/5 Veto)

Steve-4 wins (1/8 HoH, 1/2 BotB, 2/4 Veto)

John-4 wins (0/9 HoH, 1/4 BotB, 3/6 Veto)

Vanessa-3 wins (2/7 HoH, 1/6 Veto)

Becky-3 wins (2/8 HoH, 1/2 BotB, 0/4 Veto)

Liz-3 wins (2/7 HoH, 1/1 BotB, 0/1 Veto)

Jackie-2 wins (1/8 HoH, 1/2 BotB, 0/3 Veto)

Shelli-2 wins (2/5 HoH, 0/6 Veto)

Jason-2 wins (0/5 HoH, 2/3 BotB, 0/2 Veto)

Austin-1 win (1/9 HoH, 0/2 Veto)

Meg-1 win (0/9 HoH, 1/1 BotB, 0/4 Veto)

Clay-1 win (0/6 HoH, 1/3 Veto)

Julia-0 wins (0/6 HoH)

Audrey-0 wins (0/4 HoH, 0/1 Veto)

Jeff-0 wins (0/3 HoH)

Da'Vonne-0 wins (0/2 HoH, 0/1 BotB, 0/1 Veto)

Jace-0 wins (0/1 HoH)

In fact, Liz is tied for the lead in comp winning percentage; she and James have both won 33.3% of the comps they've been in.  (He's 5/15, she's 3/9.) Go, Liz!

Did not realize that Shelli was in 6/7 possible Vetoes (only missing Week 1) or that the Nolan sisters have only ever played in 1 of the 11 combined opportunities they've had to be in the Veto.  (Liz will double that this week, being HoH.)  If James gets picked to play (odds 3/5 in favor, not to mention the Houseguest's Choice option), we'll have our first repeat comp host of the year, as only he and Liz haven't done hosting duties as yet, and she's definitely playing.

Damn, Meg sucks.  1/13 comp wins, and that was with the other team prepared to throw it (although John didn't have to, as it turned out). Oh, well, at least she's…she's…yeah, I got nothing.  Sorry, Meg.

ETA: er, make that 1/14 for Meg.  I somehow managed to forget that she was one of Steve's nominees on Thursday and thus perforce played in the DE Veto.  (She also threw the Elevator Veto in Week 2, got blown up in Week 4, and had a credible performance with the comic books in Week 7.)  I guess I can suck, too. Sigh.

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1
Damn, Meg sucks.  1/13 comp wins, and that was with the other team prepared to throw it (although John didn't have to, as it turned out). Oh, well, at least she's…she's…yeah, I got nothing.  Sorry, Meg.

I actually had forgot she won anything and was surprised to see this, so.....

Poor Meg. But at least she owns it! 

I concede your point about Liz. Perhaps she's not really an idiot. I still can't stand her and am unhappy she won HOH. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2

I concede your point about Liz. Perhaps she's not really an idiot. I still can't stand her and am unhappy she won HOH. 

That's all right, that just means more Liz love for me!  (Wait, that's not how it works, is it?  Oh, well.)

More random stats:  there have now been 24 nominations made that Austin was eligible for, and he's still un-nommed.  (Vanessa gave him the safety in Week 1, and he was co-HoH in Week 3. So 20 initial nominations, and 4 replacements that could have been him.)  That's a decent job of lying low for the tallest guy in the House.

Julia is also technically un-nominated (although she was the twin at the nomination ceremony when Jackie nommed Liz in Week 5), but of course she's only been eligible the last four iterations. (8 initial noms, and the backdoor slot that landed on Vanessa in Week 7.)

Meanwhile poor Jason (I can have sympathy, even though I dislike him a lot) saw his time in the House go co-HoH, nom, nom, nom, backdoored and evicted.  Only one opportunity to ever get his key, not that they do it that way any more. Still better than Frank never having an "off" week in 9 iterations (nom, HoH, backdoored but saved by the reset, nom, HoH, nom, nom, HoH, nom and evicted), but definitely stressful.

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 2

I like you but had a hard time with that post D .

I keep my reply simple. 3 comp wins and a completed bachelors degree doesn't make her smart. At all. There are many in BB history with equal or better stats and most of the United States has a college degree at this pt.

By your logic then Vanessa is extra super special cuz she's won as much and has even more of an education at better schools and superior grades. No. I prefer I decide such matters on the game play, demonstrated strategy, whether or not they sound like an idiot, that stuff.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 7
That's all right, that just means more Liz love for me!  (Wait, that's not how it works, is it?  Oh, well.)

I hope that's not how it works, because I fear there'd be too many people to share Johnny Mac with. ;P

• Love 1

I like you but had a hard time with that post D .

I keep my reply simple. 3 comp wins and a completed bachelors degree doesn't make her smart. At all. There are many in BB history with equal or better stats and most of the United States has a college degree at this pt.

By your logic then Vanessa is extra super special cuz she's won as much and has even more of an education at better schools and superior grades. No. I prefer I decide such matters on the game play, demonstrated strategy, whether or not they sound like an idiot, that stuff.

Well, as I said, my "defense" was mostly an excuse for the chart.  My Liz love is not dependent on her comp or academic achievements.  (And I still prefer Julia, who has a whopping zero comp wins and apparently didn't get the same academic honors her sister did.)

That said, Liz will potentially have many more chances to increase her comp wins total (still 14 comps to go, assuming a Juror does in fact return) and while "most of the US" may have a bachelor's degree (actually only 28.8%, per the Census), very few of those came with cum laude honors attached.  And Loyola-New Orleans is a pretty good school.  (At $36,610 annual tuition, it better be!  Sheesh.)

As for "game play and strategy", Liz is part of the most solid alliance in the house (Austwins), as well as being in the larger general group (Scamper Squad).  She's the only player who is the #1 partner of two separate HGs (Austin, Julia) and she's been pretty safe from nominations so far and doesn't appear to be anybody's top target going forward, although this can change.  (Becky certainly painted a nice bullseye on herself as HoH; Vanessa too, for that matter, although I still think Becky's being irrational about Week 5.)  It seems as though she's been doing something right.

And as for "sounding like an idiot", what has Liz done to justify that? Aside from the whining?  James comes off as borderline illiterate, Meg couldn't put two and two together if you put a two in each hand and tried to slam her hands closed, Becky's dialogue has been described on the feeds thread as "I, train, me, Germany, myself, Abercrombie" (and repeat! again!), Johnny Mac and Steve are certainly "strange" in their behaviors, Austin is delusional, and Vanessa is a hyper-neurotic who's driving the whole house up the wall. I'm not seeing Liz (and Julia) lagging particularly behind this group, accent or no.

But JMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. ;)

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 2