Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Identity

A massive virus outbreaks in NYC and the gov't response is to impeach the President.  WTF ?

And we are back to the Silver Angel from two episodes ago.  Has Gus been living at this restaurant for the last couple of day ?  And they are still making deliveries with cars burning in the streets, people walking down the street with guns and vamps roaming apartment hallways -- really ?

Eph gets some strange -- I wonder what Nora will say about that.  I guess it won't matter now that Lee Thomas is dead.  

That was quick -- Roger Cross shows up for a couple of brief scenes and he's dead.  It's almost like he had prior commitments ... cough, cough ... Dark Matters.

Kelly is down two spider kids -- I bet she's going to regret killing that one off a few episodes back.

How long did it take that cop to drive Nora home -- it was still light out when they left the precinct, yet was pitch black when he hit that vamp on the road ?  Red Hook just isn't that big.

And the Master finally transfers himself to Bolivar's body.  I think Eichhorst was more than a little disappointed it wasn't him.

The makeup on the Master and the scenes with the Ancients continues to be really terrible.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

Every time they show us the Master, it just gets more ridiculous. Thankfully there should be no more of that unless they do more Nazi flashbacks. Bolivar doesn't look quite as ridiculous.

At least Lee got to hook up with bald, hot Eph before she died. I don't watch this show as closely as I should, but I feel like in "show time" Eph and Nora are still a couple? Like, they hooked up just a few days ago in Kelly's house? I guess Eph is living the whole "if he cheats with you, he'll cheat on you" thing. Or they could be broken up. Honestly, I don't really remember.

I hoping now that Zach almost died, he'll get over saving Kelly and accept that she's gone.

What is Gus doing with his life? Where did Dutch go? Why even bring the bodyguard back just to die? This show needs to tighten the storylines up a little, I think, to ramp up the suspense and build more atmosphere. 

• Love 3

Eph's Savior mission failed, getting his ONS and the guy from USA's Rush killed.

Team Human need to relocate to the SI stronghold, it's rough

in dem Red Hook streets.

Poor Fitzwilliam, but the actor is on a SyFy series.

Lord Vamp Muppett curved the shit out of Eichorst.

Bitter Luchadore is getting on my nerves.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 3

What kind of father has his daughter deliver food in NYC, much less when there are monsters roaming around? This show.

Because it cannot be said enough, Abraham is a badass. I love how he took off poor Fitzwilliam's head before he could finish saying, "make it quick."

I was surprised that Zach did not run to his scary vamp mother and vamp stepsiblings. I think he finally understood how dangerous the strigoi are.

I enjoyed Quinlan telling off the Ancients. He seemed sick of their waffling.

I had no problem with Eph hooking up with Lee because I thought he did it to get her to go along with his plan. Poor Lee and his friend. Well, it was a better and quicker death than what is coming with the strigoi. Now Eph has to find his way back to NY. 

Eichhorst's look of disappointment that the Master choose Bolivar over him, cracked me the hell up.

Also, I still cannot get over how the regular cast members never get infected even as the liquid with the worms are flying from the strigoi.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Why does New Ancient Vampguy still have a nose? These rules are very confusing to me.

Honestly, I still don't even understand why being blind would turn you into a weirdly-jointed daddylonglegs monster.

Maybe deaf people turn into fire-breathing centaurs, diabetics turn into underwater cephalapods with bow ties and monocles, and people who for some reason feel compelled to carry giant bones around in their backpack turn into supervamps with noses that last forever. 

• Love 10

I enjoyed Quinlan telling off the Ancients. He seemed sick of their waffling.

Or the fact that they could have dealt with the Master 7 centuries ago -- what have they been waiting for ?

I'm curious how badly Eph is injured from that gunshot.  

I was waiting for Lee to tell Eph that since he signed the NDA, that they were going to bury the cure and that she was working for Stoneheart all along.

• Love 3

I think the blonde actress was Corey Stoll's wife. She looked familiar, but they don't have her listed on IMDB. 

I'm halfway through the episode, but I don't care about being spoiled for this show. 

• Love 1

Why kill off Fitz? He just showed up! Meanwhile, Zach continues to survive. At least he was slightly less irritating in this episode, I guess.

What was Nora doing out with Zach that close to nightfall anyway? These people are terrible at time management. On the other hand, I suppose it's easy to forget on occasion that the city is in mayhem, what with all the Indian restaurants and buses and bars still up and running.

Poor Eichorst. He waited all that time for the Master to barf special worms on him, and the honor went to a two-bit pop star instead.

Edited to add: I don't think Nora and Eph are really together together. They had that hookup but they haven't been acting like they're in a relationship.

Edited by Tippi Blevins
  • Love 2

Ugh, the DVR stopped, so I watched the last 20 min in real time. 

Zach, there's your mommy.  Don't you want to be wtih her?  No?  Then, shut your pie hole and quit being a little snot.  You cost us Mr. Fitzwilliam. 

In the last two episodes, it seemed like Eph and Nora were a couple.  I assume that they became official off-screen.  Now, he's trying to get some random sex while Nora tries to keep his kid alive. 

Eph, Zach, Kelly.  Burn that family tree. 

Eichhorst v. the Master.  Eichhorst will get his comeuppance, but he needs to extract revenge from the Master.  I'm on Team Eichhorst, who patiently waited to be the next Master.  I can't imagine losing in hierarchy to some dude who still wouldn't take off his busted wig.

ETA:

Nora was in a relationship with Wigged Ephraim.

Bald Ephraim apparently does not acknowledge it.

Ha!  But does Nora know that Eph killed his wig?  Even during the apocalypse, Eph is still an asshole. 

Edited by spaulding
  • Love 2

Eph sucks for apparently cheating on Nora.

The look in Zach's eyes was creepy when Nora was comforting him. I thought he was going to say something rude, or hit on her. 

I liked Fitzwilliam. They should have kept him around.

God, this show is disgusting. "Here, my son, let me puke worms into your mouth."

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1

Did Roger Cross get the Dark Matters gig right after they brought him back for this?  Oops!

I fail to see the point of Gus's story.  My patience wears thin.  Was there a super secret clue in that scene of Angel's leg being broken? Surely there must be to have spent so much time on it in two separate episodes. Why do Tandoori Mom & Dad allow this random stranger who walked in off the street and who's harassing their employee to stay?

I wonder how Stoneheart got the jump on Eph & Co.  Spies inside Lee's drug company? Or the National Guard guy is corrupt?

I can't believe I felt bad for Eichorst for a split second.

Edited by DEM
  • Love 1

So does the new vessel's mind sort of meld with the Master's?

Because otherwise, wanting to just die and be possessed by somebody else is pretty stupid.

I guess if we see Mastervar still able to play the guitar or... drive a car... or...  whatever... that'll be an answer to the affirmative. But if they play it like "He's completely the Master now; Bolivar is gone," then I'm gonna say Eichorst is better off just remaining what he is: an immortal sidekick with superpowers.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1

For this series, a good episode I.e. some kilim'. I liked Kelli & the Spider-children and the look on Eicherst face when The Master transferred. <br />I just have 1 question. Did Ephram check into who owns the pharmaceutical company ? <br />I mean Palmer is the richest SOB in the show. Just sayin'

• Love 1

From the episode description: "Gus realizes Angel can be an unlikely ally"

What? How? He fake-fought fake-vampires 40+ years ago. He can barely walk now! 

I thought it was super rude of Gus and the daughter to go down into what appears to be Angel's apartment under the restaurant. Damn, just because it's the apocalypse doesn't mean you can forget your manners.

• Love 7

A massive virus outbreaks in NYC and the gov't response is to impeach the President.  WTF ?

Thanks, Obama!  Actually, this feels depressingly realistic to me.  Can you imagine if this was happening during the next Republican debate?

That's what makes him such an unlikely ally.  But yeah, I don't see how how close-quarter wrestling moves will be that useful on super-infectious vampires.

Not really happy Eph's story is so ambiguous.  Does Eph still get to give his bioweapon to the National Guard and the pharma company or was the whole trip wasted?  In fact, this episode felt like an hour of treading water while barely advancing the plot.

Eichorst's expression was priceless.  Though I agree that it seems the Master fully takes over making it kind of a lousy prize.  Giant-Master didn't show any traits of Sardu like being good with kids.  Though now we've gone from a show with the evil vampire called the Master to a show where the Master regenerates.

In fact, I like all of the older actors.  Any scene with 2 of Eichorst, Palmer, and Setrakian is usually good.  Have we gotten any scenes with the 3 of them together?  

Edited by futurechemist
  • Love 1

When Eph was making out, I was thinking that if it were me, I'd be completely paranoid about people's tongues at this point.  I'd be saying stuff like, "Um, before we french kiss, can I shine this flashlight in your mouth?  Oh, wait.  I think I have a dentist's mirror here somewhere.  Can I just poke around in there with it for a sec?  You know, on second thought, maybe we should just hold hands."

• Love 8

When Nora was covering Zach's mouth was anyone else thinking, "Kill him Nora! Kill him!"

Just me.....

I was... conflicted. He wasn't a little shit to Nora, which surprised me because I expect him to be horrible whenever he's on screen. Plus this:

I was surprised that Zach did not run to his scary vamp mother and vamp stepsiblings. I think he finally understood how dangerous the strigoi are.

I was shocked too when he showed some goddamn sense for once. His semi decent behavior in this episode is the only reason I'm not actively rooting for his death--for now.

The look in Zach's eyes was creepy when Nora was comforting him. I thought he was going to say something rude, or hit on her. 

Thank god it wasn't just me.

• Love 3

Hopefully NuZack of the Corn gets it now.

He looked terrified and clung for dear life to Nora.

I think Eph and Nora's relationship moved into the friend zone, after his verbal slip up last

season. When Fitz assumed Fet and Nora were NuZack's parents, I chuckled.

• Love 1
I can't believe I felt bad for Eichorst for a split second.

It's because he's so emo about things all the time.

He wears his emotions on his sleeves consistently. This is the same when he deals with Setrakian. He's just always so tickled when he thinks he has the one up on him he's practically giggling.

I felt bad for him too at the same time I was laughing when his face got all cracked when he got passed over in favor of Bolivar.

I pictured him going back to the B&B afterwards and having a sad...

• Love 2

Was looking at the crawl on that news channel while Rob and Eph were waiting in that bar for Lee Thomas -- "Drugs seized after shootout in Long Island City.  NYPD chief says police have raided a facility allegedly making ... ".  NYC is being overrun by vampires yet the NYPD is still running drug raids in Queens -- WTF ?  Someone has their priorities as tad skewed.

• Love 1

Why does New Ancient Vampguy still have a nose?

Don't think this is actually a spoiler but what the hey.

In the interview with the actor they revealed that they change a few things, including him having a nose now, to make him more acceptable to a TV audience

I thought the actor playing Quinlan seemed familiar, it is Rupert Penry-Jones. The make up on him is very good.

Rowr.  I found myself thinking when Quinlan was laying the smack down  " I'm ok with being fed off of but if I have to get the worm strigoi STD that would rule out any relationship."

Poor Eichorst. He waited all that time for the Master to barf special worms on him, and the honor went to a two-bit pop star instead.

I was thinking "oooh Eichorst got cock-blocked"  and then I thought " I hope that's really cookie crumbs or something tasty being shoved in the actor's mouth." I mean I know it's not dirt but still. Bleh.

• Love 2

With the exception of the Master upgrading his body and the spider kids that was a bit of a snooze. I half watched this while alternating between surfing the internet (fell into a pinterest blackhole for a good part of Sunday) and playing cookie jam. 

This episode needed more Fet. The actor isn't my 'type' per say and lawd do I hate that galaxy black shoe polish they put in his hair but for such a big, fearsome dude he really conveys an endearing sweetness around the people he cares about. You get the sense that he is probably the only one who seems their ragtag unit as a family.

You know I am gonna miss the muppet faced Master. I just don't know why the show thought we needed to see his cakes (ass) before he exited permanently stage left. The Master projectile vomiting the worms directly into someone's face really just too much for me. 

And we are back to the Silver Angel from two episodes ago.  Has Gus been living at this restaurant for the last couple of day ?  And they are still making deliveries with cars burning in the streets, people walking down the street with guns and vamps roaming apartment hallways -- really ?

I just can't with Gus and the Nacho Libre bullshit. I don't know why the restaurant owners just let Gus loiter there harassing their workers and macking on their daughter.

When they delivered the food, they made a point of saying that delivery was $50, which seems hella exorbitant to me so I guess that was hazard pay. Nice that the owners put the value of their daughters life at $50.

The new vamp fighter seems interesting and I am glad that he told off the ancients. However, I wonder why the ancients do no more than twitch and hiss while propped up on dollies? Why can't they go out and help find the Master? Is it because they need new bodies and refuse to re-up? 

Eph is a dog. 

I knew that brother was as good as dead but I didn't expect it to be on his first mission out. I wonder if his brother the firefighter will join the group to avenge his death. 

Was looking at the crawl on that news channel while Rob and Eph were waiting in that bar for Lee Thomas -- "Drugs seized after shootout in Long Island City.  NYPD chief says police have raided a facility allegedly making ... ".  NYC is being overrun by vampires yet the NYPD is still running drug raids in Queens -- WTF ?  Someone has their priorities as tad skewed.

The prison industrial complex is in constant need of feeding just like the vamps but more scary because that shit is real. LOL!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 3

I felt bad for him too at the same time I was laughing when his face got all cracked when he got passed over in favor of Bolivar.

I pictured him going back to the B&B afterwards and having a sad...

While listening to Mary J Blidge's Not Gon Cry.

• Love 3

The way Fet screamed out for Nora, with such urgency.

Has me feeling some type of way.

I know exactly what you mean. I would have thought they were lovers. I also loved the urgency that he had when he followed out Abraham when he told them to get their weapons. Fet cares a lot about his people. 

• Love 1

When he was introduced, I had the impression the movies were just a cartoon-y version of his real adventures. This episode seems to imply that he was just a movie guy, I guess? So what's the point? Also, keeping a real, crippling injury in the film (stunt gone wrong?) is pretty gross.

Even so, I still like him better than Gus, who just annoys me.

• Love 1

I know exactly what you mean. I would have thought they were lovers. I also loved the urgency that he had when he followed out Abraham when he told them to get their weapons. Fet cares a lot about his people. 

Agreed, and they care about him.  Loved how the ladies went to the SI Stronghold

to get him the previous episode.  

• Love 1

Or the fact that they could have dealt with the Master 7 centuries ago -- what have they been waiting for ?

Good question. Maybe they still have affection for him and hoped that he would not move forward with his plans. Or maybe it is not easy to kill him even for them. After all, we know that they were only able to sense him when Abraham wounded him. They are also in their original bodies and seem unable to move around as he is. Alternatively, maybe killing him will kill them also. 

Edited by SimoneS

Her name is Nadia Bowers.

Yeah, I googled. :) I was just trying to watch the rest of the show, at the time.

They were cute together.

I missed the smack down from Quinlan.

Should have known Fitzwilliam wasn't going to be long for this show.  Roger Cross just ain't got the time!  I guess having him kill one of Kelly's freaky kids was suppose to take some of the sting out of it, but I'm still bummed.  I would have liked to see him interact more with the cast, and think they could material, like him and Vasiliy not getting along and his reactions to Zach being Zach.  At least Abe was the one that did it.  I liked how Roger Cross and David Bradley played that final scene.

Eichorst is back and has to suffer the worst rejection ever from the Master!  He thought for sure he was the next host, but instead, The Master apparently really wants his body to be Bolivar instead.  I guess The Master always wanted to a rocker.  I wonder how this will impact their relationship going forward.  And if Palmer ever finds out, I'm sure he'll be the first to mock Eichorst for it.

Eph's big plan ends up falling apart, since Stoneheart sends an assassin after him, and he gets both his friend and his new lover killed.  He sure did get over Nora quickly, huh?  Did he just think he will never see her again?  Did he think her refusing to come with him meant they were over ("We're on a break!")?  Or was it the hair that loved her this entire time?

Quinlan is certainly intriguing.

Oh, look: all this crap involving the Silver Angel is back.  I still don't know why I should care about him, Gus, and Gus' new love interest.

At least Zach followed Nora during the chase and any screw ups were accidental.  I really thought he was going to try and run back to Kelly and get Nora killed.  Still, in order not to be too nice to him, that scene where he hugged Nora at the beginning was creepy as hell.  I have no clue what the actor was going for, but he looked like he was either going to try and kiss her, or maybe even stab her.

• Love 2

Are Eph and Nora a couple or not? I have no idea if we were supposed to care that she was apparently cheated on, because I don't even know if they're actually together. I mean, do they sleep in the same room at the place where everyone lives?

There's too much dumb stuff happening on all corners of this show to care about anything except how gross the vampires are. I may be out after this season.

• Love 1

I never would have recognized Rupert-Penry-Jones as Quinlan.  Nope!  I've seen RP-J in WHITECHAPEL  and BLACK SAILS so I am intrigued by this casting choice and I am looking forward to seeing him play a very physical role as Quinlan.  I am getting a little giddy here because I want to be blown away!

• Love 1

The homeless guy at the top of the episode was kinda funny. When someone walked by without giving him any money he told them to "Get stung!"

I hope he's the one who survives the whole series, and at the end we see him driving by eating the last of his frozen shrimp.

Is it me or was Quinlan in the sun when he 1st arrived?

I don't think any direct sunlight touched him. If he had to ride in the back of a shrimp van, he's probably at least a little affected by sun. Or just really loves shrimp.

• Love 5

What is with this show and its wig obsession?!?!

The spider kids are still the creepiest thing about this show. 

I like Gus, but he needs to have a point. Really soon.

I wish we could have seen the entire senate beating the crap out of each other. That sounds way more entertaining than your average Zach scene. 

• Love 3

Someone help me out. My damn husband forced me into watching the last two episodse of this show. I'd say it was the most disgusting show on television, except Keeping up with the Kardashians is still on the air. I was multi-tasking with excel to shield myself from most of the gross-ness but I got to say I did get pulled into the story line a bit even though I didn't catch all of it. Can someone please explain to me what's up with the old dude's eye drops? I didn't see anything about it in episode comments or the recaps.

• Love 1

I was just thinking, when Eph was kicking up a fuss about signing the contract, he wasn't signing his real name, right?  So, it's not even a legal contract.  And Nora is a co-inventor, and he doesn't have the authority to sign on her behalf (unless they found a lawyer to draft an agreement between them, which I kinda doubt).  So, Eph kicked up a fuss about signing a contract with a fake name over an invention that he doesn't even have all the rights to.

Can someone please explain to me what's up with the old dude's eye drops? I didn't see anything about it in episode comments or the recaps.

The drops are derived from the vampires (I can't remember if it's their blood or what) and make him age slower.  Although, anti-aging drops would be an invention worth fighting over a contract about.

The kid Zach-tor is simply awful. I too thought he was gonna go in for a boob grab with Nora. WTF is he trying to convey? And getting a conveniently inconvenient asthma attack - have we seen his inhaler, like all season? - as the spider kids approach.... ugh. Go fuck yourself, Zach. With your red Underoos.

The entire ep I was waiting and waiting for some big plot-developing (or at least salacious) sex scene, as every commercial break came back with a Sexual Situations warning. Where, may I ask, was the beef? Eph waking up in bed? Sloppy drunk kissing? That's what counts as sexual? Color me disappointed. (Okay, yeah, I had fingers crossed for some more Fet ass.) Or perhaps the worm-vomit scene was the sexual situation! Guess it kinda is like reproduction.

• Love 2

Why does New Ancient Vampguy still have a nose? These rules are very confusing to me.

Honestly, I still don't even understand why being blind would turn you into a weirdly-jointed daddylonglegs monster.

Maybe deaf people turn into fire-breathing centaurs, diabetics turn into underwater cephalapods with bow ties and monocles, and people who for some reason feel compelled to carry giant bones around in their backpack turn into supervamps with noses that last forever. 

SWOON, Cletus, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for you and your way with words!

Wait. I thought we already met Quinlan? He recruited Gus and was part of the group that got trapped in Palmer's apartment?

This new "Quinlan" arrived in a plane right?

I might need to stop half watching the episodes.