Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN (Vaulted)

I actually watched Jake Tapper with KAC.  He was very respectful but kept asking her about the lies that Trump has told.  She goes off on other tangents, as usual, but I thought it was obvious she was having a hard time with the questions.  He has been the best interviewer I've seen with her.  Certainly better than anyone on MSNBC.  I usually turn the channel when she's on, too.  He actually asked her if CNN is "fake news" and she had to say, of course not. I was kind of mesmerized by his persistence.

I just saw you posted the link car54. 

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 6

While Jake was masterful holding KAC's feet to the fire, his pals at FOX and Friends didn't like it.

While at  gym this morning they were on the TV above me. I was reading the captions "media not telling the truth about 78 ISIS attacks".

CNN defended themselves yesterday but, honestly I wish they would ignore that kind of BS.

• Love 5

Tapper was on Colbert the other night & said the Quebec shooter killed men, women & children.  Uum, NO, he killed six men who were praying in a Mosque & injured several others.  He was older than the Sandy Hook killer, but the same "type".  Just sayin', so even Tapper makes mistakes.

• Love 5

I wanted to watch the pre- recorded show that should have aired at 9pm (can't remember the name) with Van Jones.  Then it should have been repeated at midnight and they still didn't show it.  They kept having this endless analyzing of the court decision.  When is enough, enough? 

• Love 5

Ana Cabrera reports this afternoon that Rep Jason Chaffetz says the people at his rally this week shouting "do your job!" were democrats angry that their candidate didn't win. Really, dude?

I'll clue him in. A couple of days ago on Erica Hill's HLN show she spoke to a woman who was there and she wasn't pissed because her candidate didn't win.

• Love 5

With political programming, I get people will have opinions, but please do not use blanket statements regarding either party and stick to programming content.

Politics is volatile enough without name calling either side even in passing.

Thanks.

• Love 1

Until today I've always had respect for Phil Mudd. But after Dana Bash and Briana Keilor reported on Situation Room today that lawmakers on both sides are trying to sort out the Flynn story, Phil Mudd's take?  In a year or two no one will care about any if this except that trump acted swiftly and did the right thing. 

I really am surprised.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, stormy said:

Until today I've always had respect for Phil Mudd. But after Dana Bash and Briana Keilor reported on Situation Room today that lawmakers on both sides are trying to sort out the Flynn story, Phil Mudd's take?  In a year or two no one will care about any if this except that trump acted swiftly and did the right thing. 

I really am surprised.

They really are trying to bend over backwards to normalize this era.

• Love 2

This is a reminder: Unless a political comment ties directly to programming, it does not belong here. Politics in general is not tolerated and editorializing has no place unless - again - it correlates with any given CNN program.

Thanks.

• Love 1

Ana Navarro (on Brooke Baldwin's show) was on fire yesterday! During an exchange with Trump defender Schlapp,  Baldwin asked Navarro if Trump deserved credit for getting rid of Flynn. She said no, because “I don’t know if he forced the resignation or the guy resigned because all of Trump’s aides have gone on tv and said different things, it’d be nice if I could at least get on the same page as to whether they’re going to say truths or lies or alternative facts.” And that was the nicest thing she said about the Trump administration (not kidding, it actually was). She slammed home point after point -- like she was 21 again and CNN was a mosh pit -- on what the Republican party needs to do  ("Republican leadership needs to say,  loud and proud, that our loyalty is with our nation, not with a president who happens to be of our same party. We all know, if this had been happening under a Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama presidency, Republicans would be all over the place trying to investigate" ) and when Schlapp tried to shut her down, she read him the riot act: “Don’t tell me to stop! If you want to tell the people in your house to stop, go for it...you’re talking to the wrong girl, Matt. You’re talking to the wrong girl. You can go say stop to somebody else, you’re not going to stop me, baby!” 

It was surreal but engaging as hell, because of Navarro's personal charisma. (CNN is lucky to have her, her commentary in the last year has been fantastic -- focused, armed with facts, and delivered with style.  She's also energetic but informed, which makes the often deadly dull - or screaming over - Punnett Square/Brady Bunch approach to tv punditry actually work when she's involved. ) 

Brook Baldwin looked stunned half the time (not hard to do, admittedly).

Link here  (for anybody who missed the exchange, it's ten minutes long and many comments are more incendiary than anything I quoted here, so know that going in): 

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dont-tell-me-to-stop-ana-navarro-fights-with-trump-supporter-in-heated-cnn-exchange/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, film noire said:

Ana Navarro (on Brooke Baldwin's show) was on fire yesterday! During an exchange with Trump defender Schlapp,  Baldwin asked Navarro if Trump deserved credit for getting rid of Flynn. She said no, because “I don’t know if he forced the resignation or the guy resigned because all of Trump’s aides have gone on tv and said different things, it’d be nice if I could at least get on the same page as to whether they’re going to say truths or lies or alternative facts.” And that was the nicest thing she said about the Trump administration (not kidding, it actually was). She slammed home point after point -- like she was 21 again and CNN was a mosh pit -- on what the Republican party needs to do  ("Republican leadership needs to say,  loud and proud, that our loyalty is with our nation, not with a president who happens to be of our same party. We all know, if this had been happening under a Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama presidency, Republicans would be all over the place trying to investigate" ) and when Schlapp tried to shut her down, she read him the riot act: “Don’t tell me to stop! If you want to tell the people in your house to stop, go for it...you’re talking to the wrong girl, Matt. You’re talking to the wrong girl. You can go say stop to somebody else, you’re not going to stop me, baby!” 

It was surreal but engaging as hell, because of Navarro's personal charisma. (CNN is lucky to have her, her commentary in the last year has been fantastic -- focused, armed with facts, and delivered with style.  She's also energetic but informed, which makes the often deadly dull - or screaming over - Punnett Square/Brady Bunch approach to tv punditry actually work when she's involved. ) 

Brook Baldwin looked stunned half the time (not hard to do, admittedly).

Link here  (for anybody who missed the exchange, it's ten minutes long and many comments are more incendiary than anything I quoted here, so know that going in): 

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dont-tell-me-to-stop-ana-navarro-fights-with-trump-supporter-in-heated-cnn-exchange/

I think Brooke was just letting her rip him a new one!!!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think Brooke was just letting her rip him a new one!!!

Heh - you're probably right; )  The intro for Navarro from Baldwin could point that way, it was practically a "Be My Angry Valentine" segue into the discussion  (roughly, not an exact quote) "Ana, you emailed me this morning, so angry about this situation, would you like to explain why?"  AND DID SHE EVER.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

Jake interviewed Senator Jeff Flake R AZ this afternoon. Jake couldn't get a straight answer out of him on "are you concerned at all about the reports that trump aides spoke regularly with Russian operatives?"

Flake's answer was "I hope the administration can move on, in congress we have. We're working on our agenda".

OK the only way this is getting solved is by the new Woodward and Bernstein. 

• Love 7

Did anyone see Philip Mudd (counterterrorism analyst) on CNN yesterday, around 5:30 PM?  He was practically spitting nails about Trump and his admin, re: the way they've been treating the intelligence community, "kicking our asses".  Well, folks, it's heating up now and I'm beginning to recall the heady days of Watergate when things finally began to gel (seemed to take forever back then but of course, we didn't have cable news, tweets, emails, etc in those days).

• Love 5

Don Lemon put up his dukes yesterday in a segment with former Republican congressman, Jack Kingston (the Ralph Furley of talking heads imo - dithering, clueless, and seeing The Gays everywhere).  Kingston was defending Flynn, and then wandered into the weeds by claiming the real crime was against Flynn, because Flynn was "spied" upon by American intel. Don let him chow chow on about that for a few seconds, until Kingston said, "But what we do know is that he was spied on by American security agencies and that’s against the law, how does an American intelligence agency spy on a private citizen and then leak the--"

And at that point, Don Lemon leaned in just a fraction, all velvety tones in his Don Lemon way (like he's alone in a hotel bar, drunkenly whisper-singing "My Heart Will Go On" to his lost love - but instead, he's about to gently bring down the truth hammer) and said “This is what you have wrong about that, Jack. These were routine interception surveillance. All the ambassadors to Russia’s calls have the possibility of being intercepted. This was a routine interception. They were not looking for anything that the general was doing. They were monitoring a Russian ambassador. This wasn’t anything where they were trying catch General Flynn. so I think you have that part of it wrong."

...which is the kindest way to put it -- and it did the job, fact-wise -- but I still think CNN should reconsider having Kingston on commenting for this story, since Kingston has a possible conflict of interest.  (Jake Tapper's interview with Kingston about it wasn't enough, imo - at the very least CNN should run a caption reading: "Jack Kingston works for a law firm that has offices in Russia."  Then it would be clear his perspective might be skewed because of his client base, not just his political allegiance  to Trump, which is mentioned on CNN when he's a guest). 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

Trump's terrifying press conference is now over. Cannot believe how Wolf Blitzer is trying to put a good face on that performance. Thank God Jake Tapper is telling like it is. ("This is a president who is unhinged," is the rough quote I'm taking away from his remarks, which were delivered with an entirely appropriate sense of alarm.)

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Milburn Stone said:

Trump's terrifying press conference is now over. Cannot believe how Wolf Blitzer is trying to put a good face on that performance. Thank God Jake Tapper is telling like it is. ("This is a president who is unhinged," is the rough quote I'm taking away from his remarks, which were delivered with an entirely appropriate sense of alarm.)

Didn't the word "certifiable" come into play at one point?  LOL.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

Thanks for your update, Millburn Stone.  I had to leave right after the conference and didn't get the chance to hear any of CNN's reviews.  However, I had Limbaugh on while in the car (...always good to keep my blood percolating!) and was quite literally "laughing out loud" at his interpretation.  You would have thought Trump had just delivered The Sermon on the Mount.  It's good to know that Jake Tapper can restore my sanity.

I'll be looking forward to Anderson tonight so that I can guffaw at that insufferable Jeffrey Lord.

• Love 4

I wonder if CNN is excited about being attacked by Predident Trump as a very fake news network. Fox News did well during the Obama Presidency. Obama was upset about the coverage he received on Fox. It helped their ratings

• Love 1
6 hours ago, rcc said:

Wow, Trump was on fire today. Of course CNN and BBC took the brunt of it. I swear Trump got up this morning and decided he was going to give the press hell today.

It's been more than four hours.  Time to consult my physician.

• Love 1

I hope their ratings are up, too.  I have switched from Morning Blow to CNN.  I like the duo of Chris Cuomo and Alyson Camerota.  (sp?)  I find I am watching CNN more during the day than MSNBC.  I have to switch at the whiff of Wolf ("we'll have to leave it at that") Blitzer.  

• Love 6
18 hours ago, stormy said:

Phil Mudd was on The Situation Room today and thank God the real Phil Mudd was.back. Fiesty and blunt!

Loved his comment about Grandma Mudd, can't remember what it was exactly but it was hilarious.  He's on fire these days!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, oakville said:

I wonder if CNN is excited about being attacked by Predident Trump as a very fake news network. Fox News did well during the Obama Presidency. Obama was upset about the coverage he received on Fox. It helped their ratings

The Reliable Sources newsletter yesterday had some quotes from Jeff Zucker re. CNN.  Staff morale is 'incredibly high'!
Get 'em guys! 

Capture.thumb.JPG.c7629f073533a82dc7caa7a703fa0c0c.JPG

• Love 1

I wish Anderson wasn't obligated to have on the likes of Jeffery Lord, etc because the minute they show up, I turn off.  :(

I'm glad Ana Navarro hasn't changed one iota in the past year and a half, I hope she remains true.  But, CNN, give her a show.  Surely you can spare Brooke Baldwin?

• Love 5

But I think Anderson likes Jeffery, he always has a good quip for him that eases the tension.  JL may be a bloviator who loves his Reagan anecdotes, but he's 10x better to listen to than Jack Kingston, etc. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, stormy said:

I wish Anderson wasn't obligated to have on the likes of Jeffery Lord, etc because the minute they show up, I turn off.  :(

I'm glad Ana Navarro hasn't changed one iota in the past year and a half, I hope she remains true.  But, CNN, give her a show.  Surely you can spare Brooke Baldwin?

Sorry, I was with you up until you were willing to deep-six Brooke.  I like her!!  There's others that Ana could replace though.

Looking forward to hearing Tapper -- a friendly acquaintance from my time in D.C., and someone I used to respect -- explain his network's hiring of Jen Psaki as a CNN contributor. She made several  proven lies accidental misstatements to media faces (including his) over the Iran deal.

Over to you, Jake.

Edited by rallymantis
  • Love 1