Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Plan B

I thought the first two seasons were 10 episodes each. Not that it makes a huge difference. It still feels like years off of my life.

Must be the awful pacing, it feels slower than usual this season.

• Love 1

Well, if each episode is supposed to be one day then I haven't noticed that. It's not like that show "24". There's no clock indicating what time it is or an indication of what day it is. Why they chose to not have a "DAY ONE," "DAY TWO," etc. is beyond me.

When they went to that city last season, it is hard to think that those who went outside the dome did that much in a day's time. And, the crazy stuff that's gone down inside the dome, it just feels like forever goes by, in TV Time.

And, this season really feels like things are padded out somehow. Maybe it is the addition of the dog. No. On second thought, it is probably the addition of the dream year. Because the characters, especially Barbie and Momma Pod are referencing a lot of stuff we barely saw in this season's first episode.

Don't get me wrong. I totally get the psycho drama element of it all. That must be intentional, right? But, having that fake time jump and new characters is making it harder to think the show is making more sense. When Sam was going around saying he was a therapist for a year in prison and acts like one, instead of like an inebriated, murderous EMT, that's tough to follow. And, the switching of alliances is goofy to the point of barely believable. Not to mention, Big Jim and Julia should be hurting really bad and are healed instead. It's cartoonish given they weren't in those pods like the ones who soaked in ooze for a day or a year or however long it happened.

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru
  • Love 1

They said every episode was a day under the dome so that's a month and a half by the end of season 3. Every season has had 13 episodes

Sorry. I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I still contend those of us who watch this show are really the ones under the dome. But, we're better off than the characters that got killed. Or maybe...

Sorry. I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I still contend those of us who watch this show are really the ones under the dome. But, we're better off than the characters that got killed. Or maybe...

LOL no apologies needed I can understand

• Love 1

Well, if each episode is supposed to be one day then I haven't noticed that. It's not like that show "24". There's no clock indicating what time it is or an indication of what day it is. Why they chose to not have a "DAY ONE," "DAY TWO," etc. is beyond me.

That could have been a cool addition to the show but with the writers we've had, the concept would have crapped out by "DAY THREE."  This show's writers seem to be particularly bad at long-term plotting.  I'm sure it's hard to do and no show is perfect but holy dropped plots Batman!  If each show was supposed to represent a day, they needed to be a lot tighter with the plotting IMO.  Now it's just an obvious mishmash of whatever.  In fact, as others have said it makes it worse that all this crazy stuff is supposed to have happened in so short a time.

I'm still really annoyed that all the "4 hands" stuff and protective butterflies crapola that was emphasized in the first season has been completely steamrolled and I guess the "pink stars" seizures were predicting the fake apocalypse.

• Love 1

They said every episode was a day under the dome so that's a month and a half by the end of season 3. Every season has had 13 episodes

Did they say that during the first season?  Because I don't think they are sticking with that concept anymore (the show's people not sticking with a concept? - no surprise there). At the beginning of Season 2, the voiceover said that it had been two weeks since the dome came down.  So the first season covered 14 days - and each episode covered one day (weel, close enough).  At the start of this season, the voiceover tells that the dome came down 3 weeks ago.  So the second season was only a week in dome-time - and each episode was approximately 12 hours. 

Went I started writing this post, I couldn't remember if this was season 3 or 4 (I was thinking it might be season 4 and each season was a week long), so I looked at the thread title and realized that it says this episode was Season 1 Episode 9.  Not that we should be more concerned with accuracy than anyone making this show, but could someone please correct the thread title?

I'm still really annoyed that all the "4 hands" stuff and protective butterflies crapola that was emphasized in the first season has been completely steamrolled and I guess the "pink stars" seizures were predicting the fake apocalypse.

Yup, none of it went anywhere: The 4 hands, the pink stars, the visions, the paintings, Zenith, the original 4 hands, Barbie's dad, etc.  They jump dump in new subplot like Christine/aliens, the kinship, magic crystals, Aktion, etc.

That could have been a cool addition to the show but with the writers we've had, the concept would have crapped out by "DAY THREE."  This show's writers seem to be particularly bad at long-term plotting.  I'm sure it's hard to do and no show is perfect but holy dropped plots Batman!  If each show was supposed to represent a day, they needed to be a lot tighter with the plotting IMO.  Now it's just an obvious mishmash of whatever.  In fact, as others have said it makes it worse that all this crazy stuff is supposed to have happened in so short a time.

In a good show, we would've had actual tension, had characters to actually invest in/care about their survival, etc.

Edited by Free

What happened with Julia being crowned the Monarch? That was supposed to be a big deal. So what did being the Monarch have to do with anything? Obviously, nothing at all. Just more proof that the writers are making this stuff up as they go along and there was never any thought put into this story from the beginning. Of course, this means that continuity and logic are now annoying inconveniences that the writers willfully ignore.

• Love 6

What happened with Julia being crowned the Monarch? That was supposed to be a big deal. So what did being the Monarch have to do with anything? Obviously, nothing at all. Just more proof that the writers are making this stuff up as they go along and there was never any thought put into this story from the beginning. Of course, this means that continuity and logic are now annoying inconveniences that the writers willfully ignore.

Exactly, it didn't matter at all.  They just dumped in a new plot and completely dropped those other plot points.

• Love 1

Yeah, not way is it still three weeks unless they have somehow suspended time under the dome. I know that watching it has seemed like being stuck in some timey wimey stuff that feels like you are going nowhere.

• Love 2

Funny you bring that up and now we have Christine as the "old queen" who seems to be dying and Eva about to have the baby that will be the "new queen."  Okay, Julia protected the egg so maybe she was acting as the stand-in queen (monarch) until Drownsie could be resurrected and let Christine out of her cocoon.  Okay, yeah, I got nothin'.  We all know these writers pulled all this stuff out of their, er, hats.

• Love 5

Caught up again on the dvr.  I'm just enjoying the looniness now.  The first thing I thought when I saw the twelve women in the barn was, so the baby is supposed to be born in a circle of the twelve playmates of the month from 2014?  Now we learn that Christine can be healed by hot sex with Junior if a cocoon isn't handy.  And Julia saves Barbie by throwing herself at him, like she hasn't thrown herself at him every episode since season one.  I guess I'm supposed to be fearful of this hive hatching a queen and taking over the earth, but it's having such a hard time taking over dumbass Chester's Mill I'm not exactly trembling.

• Love 3

Now we learn that Christine can be healed by hot sex with Junior if a cocoon isn't handy. 

Unfortunately for Junior, but fortunately for all womankind, Junior isn't smart enough to figure out how to use his newfound magic healing power to help him pick up women.

• Love 3

Big Jim gets slashed with by a knife by Eva, but no worries it will completely healed by next episode -- but will his shirt self-repair ?

Only if he puts a Band-Aid on top of it :)
  • Love 3

I guess a dog really can work miracles, because now I want Barbie to die and Big Jim to live.  Love that he just randomly takes a drink break in the midst of this ridiculousness because why not?  "John to Yoko" made me chuckle as well.

• Love 2

This show is not great but I do love watching. A couple things I noticed, or maybe just this one that hasn't been mentioned: Christine told Junior, in regards to his pick of mate that was in the birthing barn, she won't feel much pain or something to that affect. So will the women helping with the new queen die or be harmed in her "birth"?

Anyway, the show is stupid. Loved Barbie and Julia in their previous shows much better. But I have to admit publicly I was happy she got through to him.

I just like the pretty people happy and together. Shallow of me but I do.

Though Babie and I will have some words about him kicking Indy away. Just no. Bad Barbie!

This show is not great but I do love watching. A couple things I noticed, or maybe just this one that hasn't been mentioned: Christine told Junior, in regards to his pick of mate that was in the birthing barn, she won't feel much pain or something to that affect. So will the women helping with the new queen die or be harmed in her "birth"?

Plus, Junior was pretty concerned about her being in the birthing barn, as though she wouldn't be available for, um, er, "mating" after Ava has the baby, um, I mean, after Ava has the new queen.  And Christine said that new-girl wanted to be there, implying that she volunteered and Christine didn't force her to.  This all seems to mean that something will happen to all the young, never-before-seen, clad-in-all-white women, like they will die afterwards or turn into moths or gargoyles or something.  

But I guess it all depends on whether next week's writer saw this episode and paid attention to the Christina and Junior conversation (I still contend that the easiest way to explain the randomness of this show is that they have a different writer every episode - either that or it is a 100 monkeys with a 100 keyboards).

• Love 2

My favorite part?  When the "maidens" chosen by Christine were standing in the barn holding what appeared to be battery operated flameless candles.  I guess the Millers have one hell of a battery stash!

• Love 2

And, this season really feels like things are padded out somehow. Maybe it is the addition of the dog. No. On second thought, it is probably the addition of the dream year. Because the characters, especially Barbie and Momma Pod are referencing a lot of stuff we barely saw in this season's first episode.

Not a word against Indy, you....at this point he's the only reason I'm watching.

When Julia hugged Barbie with the needle in her left hand, it would have been pressed against Barbie's back -- how would he not feel that ?  But when the scene changed, it was now her right hand on his back and she revealed the needle with her left and stabbed him.  Why was there a high-pitched noise when she injected him ?

I liked Big Jim's "Good work Dexter."

I happen to be binge-watching Dexter on Netflix, so I actually caught meaning of that reference. Of course it's related to a show that's last episode aired 2 years ago, but who am I to snark - maybe it was more of a cultural phenomenon in Chester's Mill and for Big Jim than it was for me.   

I happen to be binge-watching Dexter on Netflix, so I actually caught meaning of that reference. Of course it's related to a show that's last episode aired 2 years ago, but who am I to snark - maybe it was more of a cultural phenomenon in Chester's Mill and for Big Jim than it was for me.   

Actually, this might be one of only a handful of times that the show has gotten something right ---  it has only been 3 weeks since the dome came down, which means it is sometime in September 2013***, around the time of Dexter's last few episodes.  Jim was probably wondering how the series ended and had Dexter on his mind. 

***In the first episode, Junior was getting ready to leave for college (in a week?), and the college kids I know usually go back sometime between August 10 and September 20.  So, it is possible that we could now be in Early October.  Dexter's last episode aired on 9/22/13.  I don't know what Junior planned to do with the girl he had locked in his storm shelter when he was away at school. 

Our silly friends under the calcifying partition continue their adventures...

So, we are short of housing and supplies and we're going to blow up the Atkaion building why?

Joe and Norrie head to the library to look for books to help them with the Dome?  What kind of books help one get out of an impenetrable dome?  And how are these two brain surgeons going to figure out anything that would help them?

Julia:  "Only Christine can read the schematic."

Five minutes later, Joe can read part of it.

After Julia does some slicing...."Good work, Dexter".   A call out to a show whose opening is better than this whole show.

Julia hears the dog barking inside the building and rushes in.  She could look in the window to see danger.

Edited by Jordan27
  • Love 1

So sick of watching these people get duped episode after episode.  How long have they dragged out Barbie the Zombie now?  Who knew True Love's Kiss worked on this show too.  Talk about anticlimatic.

"She's taking Caroline's death pretty hard."  No, really?  Didn't it happen a few hours ago?  

Big Jim advises people to go to the Library.  Yes, the show has reached the pits.

To add to the pain, the show wants to make me throw up with the disgusting healing-through-sex-with-Junior stuff.  

I'm surprised there's anyone left in this town with the rate at which they get killed off yet we still have Kinship Guards on Library Duty.