Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: It's All In The Cards

• Start Topic

I hope PR brings David back at some point. His elimination didn't seem right. Don't boring or amateur designers get sent home early? He was neither.

Only if we were running the show.

Kelly is a fun trip and a half.  I thought her outfit was a lot of fun, I just hope ole Nina doesn't wear her down to where she's second guessing herself.  

• Love 4

When the judges were doing the close-up critiques they determined that Blake's sparkly-princess whatever was lined with fabric from the cards, which Tim confirmed. Those Signature cards have a lot of embellishments so it could maybe happen. At least maybe the observable lining?

Ashley Neil Tipton's condom poncho/dress was worse than Joseph's huge square-hips dress. Lucky she had immunity. Can't believe he wasn't in the bottom.

Toss-up for me between Swapnil and Edmund but happy to see Edmund win. Still not completely getting what the petals were made of. They need to tell us these things! And, also,as stated above, we need to know the rules!

I Googled Ashley Tisdale and still don't really know who she is. And I'm glad.

Thanks potatoradio for taking one for the team! Manatee penis. Huh. Who knew?

Pallida, not only will Blake's model be wearing glitter for a very long time but probably so will everyone around her. That shit's got some strange traveling powers.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

I'm kind of obsessed with Kelly.  I love that she carries tea around in her fanny pack.  I love that she confuses me with her personal style versus her actual interactions with others.  I enjoyed the tessellation of her top (and that Zac referred to it as such!).

Me too!  As a fellow tea-drinker I appreciate her love of tea, and she seems like a really nice, interesting person that I'd enjoy having a conversation with. 

And not to keep beating a dead horse, but there's no way Edmond's skirt came from the bags or from cards - it had to be large pieces of paper he cut.  You can zoom in on the Lifetime site and there are clearly no seams, no writing (the Hallmark bags had writing on them) or creasing at all.  Why the heck I care so much, I don't know, but in the hour and a half (minus the commercials) I wish they'd taken twenty seconds to explain where they came from because it's seriously bugging me.

Edited by pigs-in-space
  • Love 7

Agree with many posters about Swapnil. He looks like a Bollywood movie star. Those smoldering eyes--wow. Having said that, I'm still happy about Edmond's win. He wants it so badly and I think he is well prepared for the season, as someone has already said. That bridal ensemble had to have been thought out ahead of time. No way he could just pull that out off the top of his head. The season can comedown to Edmond vs. Swapnil and I will love it.

• Love 5

Just gotta chime in with all you bridal skirt thruthers - that skirt was in no way made from the Hallmark bags! How can they give him the win when half his outfit wasn't made of cards?! I mean, he still used an unconventional material - posterboard - but it was the material of the challenge, so I feel like he shoulda made top, but not the win.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE (tell us, Tim Gunn)

• Love 5

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE (tell us, Tim Gunn)

When last we saw Tim, he was pretending that there was no fabric in Blake's dress. Probably not our best source for the truth is out there.

• Love 10

When last we saw Tim, he was pretending that there was no fabric in Blake's dress. Probably not our best source for the truth is out there.

I don't think he was saying that there was no fabric but instead that Blake lined visible skirt fabric with Hallmark materials.

To me, a prevarication, at best. Plenty of visible fabric up top!

We still don't know the truth.

Poor David. So talented and it's like he just gave up. Many told him....

• Love 3

Did they have to use cards, specifically? or anything in the store? Because in one of the photos on the site you can see rolls of wrapping paper in the background, if there was plain white maybe that is what Edmond used? Also, do you think there were really enough cards in the store for everyone's outfits or were 'extra' provided. It just didn't look like enough to me.

• Love 2

How hilarious is it that the oh so youthful Heidi and Nina are so concerned about appealing to the younger market when 90% of the ads for this show are for AARP. Nothing in this episode really, but if there is a catchall, I missed it.

• Love 7
And not to keep beating a dead horse, but there's no way Edmond's skirt came from the bags or from cards - it had to be large pieces of paper he cut.  You can zoom in on the Lifetime site and there are clearly no seams, no writing (the Hallmark bags had writing on them) or creasing at all.  Why the heck I care so much, I don't know, but in the hour and a half (minus the commercials) I wish they'd taken twenty seconds to explain where they came from because it's seriously bugging me.

Agreed, and the glitter and trim too.  In one quick scene (as quick as the rear end flash in his dress on the runway!) we see Edmond cutting a big piece of paper.  The paper is pristine.  The largest dimension of each bag was, say, 18" x 24" maximum (I think smaller actually, but let's say).  Each perfect, pristine, uncreased "flounce" of Edmond's skirt was way bigger than 18 x 24.  Even if he cut and unfolded the bag (leaving out the bottom and somehow magically erasing the creases) they would be much much smaller than each flounce.  I'd say each flounce had to be a piece of paper a yard square almost.  

The glitter cannot have been scraped from the cards.  There was way too much of it!  The burlap trim (and some black and white floral ribbon along the bottom of Swapnil's bodice) was obviously also not sourced from cards but came in yardage.  

Manatee penis dress just looked like an accident where a little child spills the glue across the table after everyone's been crafting with colored paper and all the pieces stuck together.  

I liked that Hanmiao addressed a lot of her envelopes by hand.  That was a cute touch.  

• Love 5

So far I feel like Edmond is the emperor, and his clothes, well...

Swapnil was robbed. Blake is in the top? David didn't follow the rules, but I really would have liked to see more of what he could do.

I agree with you on Edmond. While I can't fault him for having been a student of the show, it does make me call into question his POV and the originality of his designs. I thought the wedding dress this week looked like a mashup of Leanne Marshall's petals (as others have said) and Austin Scarlett's wedding dress on PR All Stars: https://anotherpov.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/pras-rr-fin6-austin-f.jpg

Overlap is inevitable in fashion, but when the designer freely admits to having followed the show to the point of elaborate strategizing about what information to reveal (even in the confessionals!), it dilutes the power of the garment to me, especially when I already thought it looked derivative of other work that's been on PR.

And I hope we're not starting a trend of a "racially insensitive remark per episode hurled at Swapnil" because that's gross. 

I'll echo your sentiments, especially after Merline's "you're Indian" comment sort of flew under the radar last week. I'm surprised more people didn't pick up on it. I found it equally offensive as what Blake said this week.

• Love 1

I don't know who Ashley Tisdale is but she couldn't have looked more bored during the runway show if she tried. Maybe that's her normal demeanor.

That is her acting skills at work. Oh wait, she has no acting skills. Thank heavens Ashley had immunity that paper bag poncho was hideous. I had flashbacks from kindergarten. For a play we took those big grocery store paper bags and decorated them in Native American designs.

We are going into our third episode soon and no trips to Mood. I miss Swatch!

• Love 1
And not to keep beating a dead horse, but there's no way Edmond's skirt came from the bags or from cards - it had to be large pieces of paper he cut. 

I'm pretty sure he used pattern paper for the skirt. I guess it's ok for some people not to use the cards for a large portion of the garment, so long as they use some other unconventional material.

Did anyone else notice the hole above the waistband in the front of Swapnil's garment when they zoomed in for the extreme closeup?

• Love 3

Amanda's skirt reminded me of the construction paper loops you make for a Christmas tree garland. Also why does she get so many talking heads? Is she Food Network Star's Sarah in disguise?

• Love 5

Usually with unconventional challenges at a store, they are free to take anything in the store and use it. I think it was the same here, but since Hallmark wanted to advertise it's cards, we only heard about the cards. I would guess people could also take wrapping paper if they had it there. I don't have a problem with that because he didn't use fabric and he must have received it somehow while at Hallmark.

• Love 4

We are going into our third episode soon and no trips to Mood. I miss Swatch!

Oh yeah, they haven't gone to Mood this season.  Yet there was no mention of the three who didn't bring their kits.  I guess they were able to borrow enough that it wasn't the calamity the wanted us to believe it was.  

• Love 2

Thank God it was David. I was going to be so mad if it wasn't David with that bottom 2. I don't remember her name (Amanda?) but I was actually finding her voice really annoying this episode. That said, I don't think she was even close to having the worst look and they were way too hard on her for that skirt. 

• Love 5

Did they have to use cards, specifically? or anything in the store? Because in one of the photos on the site you can see rolls of wrapping paper in the background, if there was plain white maybe that is what Edmond used? Also, do you think there were really enough cards in the store for everyone's outfits or were 'extra' provided. It just didn't look like enough to me.

Heavy wrapping paper makes sense to me.  They would have white for wedding presents which fits his design.  

When they were grabbing cards at the store, I wondered what they expected to do with four to five of each card they selected.  Given the  number of same cards some people used, they must have been given boxes of them (which of course we weren't shown).  It also seems like people grabbed ribbon and other items that would be available in a Hallmark store.  I haven't been to a Hallmark store in a very long time.  I don't remember them carrying buckets of glitter.  

• Love 2

I'm happy that Edmond won with his backstory but I do think that all the product placement over the bodice helped get him the win and the skirt was not that impressive. I could see her legs through the back. I couldn't get a good idea of how bad it was because it seems like they're running down the runways now (or there are so many quick cuts you can't get a good look at anything). Also, calm down laser light guy. I think that's the real reason the judges keep shading their eyes now.

I'm kind of glad the judges eliminated David since he really used minimal unconventional material. On the other hand, I think he would have been a good candidate for Tim's save.

Week two is a little early for half-assing challenges.

And I hope we're not starting a trend of a "racially insensitive remark per episode hurled at Swapnil" because that's gross.

Maybe Blake's comment was worse in context but I didn't find it that offensive. Swapnil could not understand what Blake was saying so Blake said something about not being able to explain it to him in Hindi. Blake didn't yell at him to learn English. I know Swapnil seems fairly fluent in English but since there was nothing unclear about what Blake was asking (not the phrasing or anything indecipherable about his speech) it would be natural to assume it was a language issue. I did like Swapnil's outfit though. Based on the amount of work he can do, he might be the talented version of the guy a while back... Sandro?

I didn't like Kelly's (that's the Boston girl, right?) look that much but I kind of blame the model. Then again, maybe it's her fault as the designer for not designing to her model's body type. Basically, I think the crop top just emphasized her flat chest and long torso in a bad way. I did like the hood and the racerback. 

ETA: I forgot to mention the Bada Bing Gel.  Really?  You want her hair to look like someone just splooged on it?  Or is it more like someone emptied a grease trap on her head?  She had more than shine going on.

That was awful. I haven't been interested in the hair/makeup on this show in ages. Can you find no better sponsor than Mary Kay? Remember that awful thick sparkly lip gloss he globbed onto her mouth? It looked a donut glaze. 

• Love 1

I was really disappointed by Ashley. Girl, you are save, you could've gone completely bonkers with your cards and your poncho.

It wasn't even a fun Ugly Betty poncho.

I loved the montage of the designers burning themselves with hot glue and exclaiming "Ow!".

Maybe I just have higher pain tolerance but back when I was using a hot glue gun for art projects I never burned myself. Even if the glue touched my fingers, it wasn't that hot. I think they must have been burning themselves on the metal part of the gun.

The hi-lo thing is beaten to death.  Its still in stores and in magazines, but I'm over it.  As a non-model sized, 5'2" person I just can't carry it off.  The "lo" is too long most of the time.  Same for maxi dresses.  And most of the things I like have complex patterns on the bottom, so getting them shortened is a waste of money if I have lose the design by lopping off 6 inches.

I feel you. I keep tripping over maxi dresses because I refuse to get the skirts hemmed when I know my sewing machine is somewhere in my house. I just need to find it...

Why was Candace not in the top four? While the ombre placement was a little awkward, I also wanted the girl (Gabriella) who was gluing all the strips of red and pink to get a shout out for her work. It could have been top or bottom. I don't care. I just thought there were more interesting designers they could have talked to this week at judging. 

WTF was happening with Hanmiao's model? Did she pull a card out of her chest? Are we just never going to talk about this?

• Love 1

It's funny how meekly Blake squeaks out his self-aggrandizing claims because he doesn't believe them himself. His attitude is ugly but his dress was pretty. It was young, fun, and pretty in pink. I was glad to see the Bottom 3 from last time (I'm including Edmund who was in the bottom for me) rebound so well to being among the Top 3.

I agreed with and appreciated Zac's specific technical praise, especially for Hanmiao's and Kelly's super cool, beautiful looks.

Much better episode than the premiere and am cautiously optimistic about the season.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

Maybe Blake's comment was worse in context but I didn't find it that offensive. Swapnil could not understand what Blake was saying so Blake said something about not being able to explain it to him in Hindi. Blake didn't yell at him to learn English. I know Swapnil seems fairly fluent in English but since there was nothing unclear about what Blake was asking (not the phrasing or anything indecipherable about his speech) it would be natural to assume it was a language issue.

Sorry, but that's not the way it went down. Blake made no mention of Hindi but rather told Swapnil he did not speak "Indian," thereby revealing himself to be an ignoramus. India has over two dozen officially recognized scheduled languages with over 1 million speakers each but "Indian" is not one of them.

Moreover, you can tell that Swapnil is more than "fairly fluent" in English. English is one of the two official languages of India and most urban Indians are fluent in English having attended English medium schools where Hindi or other local vernaculars are only taught on the side.

• Love 10

Thanks for the clarification, Rahul. I was only half paying attention to the episode so I didn't really register that he said "Indian." Still, I think that's more ignorance than racism. I don't choose to be offended when sometimes talks about speaking Chinese even though there are many different dialects. 

There are still too many contestants for anyone to get a lot of screen time. I haven't heard him talk that much so I feel like "fairly fluent" is a fair assessment. And aside from a language issue why would he have had an issue understanding Blake? I've met very smart guys who grew up in India and then came here to study engineering or go to Yale. There's been a verbal comprehension issue. It doesn't mean that someone is not intelligent. 

• Love 3

I just caught this episode On Demand. Need to read through all the comments, but I'm too tired & lazy at these moment.

Ashley's poncho----- Zac Posen's face though! It was like: "Girllll!....NO!" Too funny! I appreciated her comment about crying again. Self-awareness is an important first step. Shame her second effort after a win & immunity was so shabby.

Edmond really learned from watching previous seasons. The unconventional challenge needs to move & look like fabric, but not be fabric. So simple, yet on point. He deserved this win. I hope this PR experience is everything he wants it to be after all this time.

Metallic dresses mostly made the grade. Were we all just dazzled by the sparkle?

So glad Swapnil had a fabulous runway result. The racist-y moment sucked. He handled it well. And the comment was just so stupid! His voice sounds so elegant to me---for example, I just adore the way way he says skirt. It sounds like "skurt" holding the vowel in the back of his throat. Brilliant! The lovely movement in his design reminded me of his South Asian predecessor on PR with all her lovely, feminine, dangly, three-dimensional touches. (Perhaps I'll research & edit in her name later. Sorry!) Love it!

I felt bad for Amanda. But no concept usually = bottom 3 ( or 2 in this case). Pretty top though.

Like Knuckles said, they changed models this challenge. Per Tim Gunn "the fabulous Aube" was Edmond's model last week, obnoxious Blake's today. Girl has the look & knows how to work clothes. It makes it harder for the designers to have to fit a different body every week, but it's not fair for one designer to arbitraryily hog a fabulous model either.

The losing designer was so sweet. I was touched by his story of his father abandoning him. I just wanted to give him a hug & some love. But too much fabric In the unconventional materials challenge = auf. Just ask Edmond.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure he used pattern paper for the skirt. I guess it's ok for some people not to use the cards for a large portion of the garment, so long as they use some other unconventional material.

Yes, I'm pretty sure too that it was the drafting/pattern paper. There was nothing besides cards in the shop and if it had been the bags we could see the creases. There was a table with some supplies (like the glitter, feathers, some paper) in the room too, but no paper sheets that big. Is it ok for him to use them for such a big part of the design? He got a great effect from large sheets of paper while everyone else had to patchwork those tiny cards (at least those who adhered to the rules).

This week Candice reminded me of a cross between Maureen in Center Stage and Gia Goodman on Veronica Mars.

If Davis was in the bottom for not using enough of the cards, then Blake should have been in the bottom too. Almost all of Blake's dress was muslin. Putting some purple on the underskirt and adding a belt made of cards is not using enough of the unconventional materials.

I liked Amanda's top in theory because I liked the black flowered pattern over the colorful top underneath (although I also want to know what the multicolor top was made from) but that skirt was just awful. It reminded me of making paper chains out of construction paper at Christmas.

Loved Jake's glittery black dress. I liked the shapes he cut which helped create the effect of real material, not just cards.

Swapnil's dress definitely deserved to be in the top looks. The top was beautifully tailored and fit his model well. The chevron on the back looked really good too. The skirt was a little too arts & crafts for me, but I kind of let it go since this is the "glue shit to muslin" challenge.

Blake can STFU and have a seat. His constant need to tell us how adorable he is, ugh. Listen, Blake, anyone who is actually smart, hot, or talented doesn't feel the need to tell people. If you are any of the above, people will know. He already annoyed me last week with his "let me cock my head to the side and then giggle because I think I'm a flirtatious 6 year old who is cute enough to get by on charm" act. Unfortunately for Blake, that is not a good look for an adult. It makes him look sad and desperate.

Kelly seems like a very fun and upbeat person. Her fanny pack full of tea cracked me up.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

As far as the designers and the glue guns (and yes years ago glue guns were frowned upon but now there okey dokey) they are HOT as holy hell and you will get burned. I keep a glass of water by me for sticking burnt fingers into. Maybe the poster who didn't get burned on hers was using a low temp gun?

And yet another year of blind judges. Seriously he glittered a painted muslin and you all fall all over it??? Sheesh

• Love 5

Maybe I just have higher pain tolerance but back when I was using a hot glue gun for art projects I never burned myself. Even if the glue touched my fingers, it wasn't that hot. I think they must have been burning themselves on the metal part of the gun.

There are two types of glue guns - high temp and low temp.  Generally, the same glue can be used in both, but the guns melt it to a different temperature.  The glue tends to stick much better if it is melted to a higher temp.  They were sticking on rather small objects, increasing the chance of getting hot glue on their hands and, as you pointed out, increasing the chance of touching the metal end. 

That said, it doesn't mean you don't have a high pain tolerance.  Years ago, before they came out with the low temp guns, I would keep a bowl of cold water nearby so that I could quickly cool off the hot glue if it got on me.  Meanwhile, my friend would just quickly rub it off if it touched her and didn't complain.  My pain tolerance has improved because I don't need the water bowl anymore (or maybe the high temp guns aren't as high as the original glue guns). 

That concludes my art supply lesson for today.  Tune in tomorrow when the subject will be "Glitter: the Herpes of Craft Supplies"

ETA: Eurekagirl mOo types faster than I do

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 10

My first question is how in the world weren't Hanmiao(sp?) and Merline not in the bottom?  Next, I absolutely do not get the love for the flowered skirt with the black and white top.  How was Kelly's not called hootchie?  I thought she should have made the top meet the skirt.  That may have released some of the said hootchiness, imo.  Wouldn't you rather keep the better designer than the one whose design you wanted to hit like a pinata?  Amanda seems bitchy and needy all at the same time.  Again, that's just my take on it.  Edmund did deserve the win I think.  

• Love 1

I really want to know where Edmund got the paper for his skirt. At first i thought that he pieced together the shopping bags, but then it seemed like it was a one big piece. His skirt was beautiful, but the top was nothing but cut out Hallmark logos. Big deal. I think that's what got him the win over Swapnil--he used the sponsor du jour's logo.

Side note--I loved his TH where he was all concerned about telling the producers about the design and, once convinced that no one else will see it, proceeds to described his look in the most vague way possible. "It's a special time in her life!" Yeah, OK.

I kind of want Blake to stick around a bit just so I can see him make more of an ass of himself.

• Love 1

I could respect the reasoning the judges used to dismiss David ("He didn't follow the rules!") if they applied it more consistently. Designers have survived trips to the bottom and even been waved through as safe for not using much of the unconventional material. It's a shame because he really is one of the more interesting designers this season and has greater potential than Amanda, IMO.

That being said, I don't think the bottom two this week were the worst of the bunch. Joseph Charles' skirt was a disaster and Gabrielle's look was incredibly unflattering. The latter surprised me, not only because her pre-show portfolio is strong, but because she was so happy with the final product. 

Thought Edmond's dress was very overpraised. The white embellishments on the petals of the skirt were unattractive and the neckline wasn't well done. Moreover, as others have pointed out, it's by no means an original look. 

Not seeing many designers with clear points of view.

• Love 3

that's the same dress that Blake designed last week.  A high-low dress in shades of purple...so far a one-trick pony. I liked Edmond's concept and follow-through but I really liked Swanpil;s dress.  It was really pretty and loved his use of color.

• Love 3

After talking over the show with my mom, I realized why I have become so frustrated with this show. Years ago, the unconventional and teams were held until later. We got to see how these people design with actual self selected fabrics (and not for dashing around stadium seating in MSG in 5 minutes) and real challenges (design for this woman or for this inspiration). The gimmicky or drama-added challenges were held off as a lets see what the top people can do and after the judges got a real sense of their pov. Blake making that dress (OUT OF MUSLIN) after having done the same style for 5 weeks would be smacked down. Let the designers get used to the time crunch before making them have to go McGeyver already. See who they are as individuals before making them work with partners. Just IMHO

• Love 9

I was happy that Edmond won this challenge. I thought that it was smart of him to base his design off of a special life moment that Hallmark celebrates and it really paid off because it came out great. The bouquet of flowers was a nice touch and as cheesy as his tuxedo shirt was, I liked that he wore it to the runway as the "groom."

Swapnil's design was also really good and I would've been ok if he had won. Kelly's design was also one of my favorites.

There were far worse designs than the bottom two, but I agree with David's elimination because he didn't actually use much of the unconventional materials which is what the challenge was all about. Ashley is very lucky that she had immunity this week because her design was awful. Her design last week was wonderful so I hope that she steps it up in the next challenge.

I forget how old Blake is, but he's grown up enough to know that he shouldn't say such ignorant things like what he said to Swapnil. He's not adorable or fabulous. Just because you think that, doesn't mean everyone else does too.

• Love 1

Side note--I loved his TH where he was all concerned about telling the producers about the design and, once convinced that no one else will see it, proceeds to described his look in the most vague way possible. "It's a special time in her life!" Yeah, OK.

A few seasons back a designer made a dress that looked like a used maxi pad.  One could argue that was for "a special time in her life."  In the future, Edmond may want to be more specific. 

• Love 3

Aulty: Yes, I'm pretty sure too that it was the drafting/pattern paper. There was nothing besides cards in the shop and if it had

So I don't know if this will work but this should be the photo on the PR site of the back wall of the shop where you can see wrapping paper and other stuff as I said upthread somewhere.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos/season-14-episode-2-pictures#id=4

And here you can see that though Blake had too much muslin showing for a 'top look' he did do more that a 'belt' and more lining than I thought.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos/season-14-episode-2-final-looks#id=3

Here is the 'gap' in Edmonds dress that several people have commented on, it seems -very- noticeable:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos/season-14-episode-2-final-looks#id=6

• Love 4

After talking over the show with my mom, I realized why I have become so frustrated with this show. Years ago, the unconventional and teams were held until later. 

The very first episode of Project Runway (Season 1 Episode 1) was an unconventional materials challenge.  They went to a grocery store for their materials.  They usually put one early in the season.  If it's not #1, it's #2 or #3.

Likewise, they tend to do the team challenges earlier in the season when they have enough designers to form several teams.

• Love 5

It took me most of this episode to figure out what 80's movie actress Kelly reminded me of.

I finally got it - you ready?

Movie: Real Genius

Character: Jordan

Actor: Michelle Meyrink

Other movies she was in: The Outsiders, Revenge of the Nerds.

So much relief when it finally clicked.

• Love 1

This week Candice reminded me of a cross between Maureen in Center Stage

I'm glad someone else sees it. I was thinking last week about that actress in Center Stage and also 10 Things I Hate About You.

That concludes my art supply lesson for today.  Tune in tomorrow when the subject will be "Glitter: the Herpes of Craft Supplies"

So true. A part of me always cringes when I see a glitter dress like Blake's or the glitter shoes that were making the rounds on Pinterest for a while. Yeah, it looks cute for a second but think about all that glitter when it falls off... *shudder*

Not seeing many designers with clear points of view.

I think this came up once or twice in judging, notably with the girl in the bottom 2. I don't think that's a super fair criticism in week 2. 

• Love 2

Since Edmond was so reluctant during his interview to part with any intel about his wedding dress plans, I assume it was filmed on the day of the challenge. I was a little surprised since I've always assumed those talking heads were done later. Seems unfair to cut into what's already a very short amount  of sewing time for interviews.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2

Since Edmond was so reluctant during his interview to part with any intel about his wedding dress plans, I assume it was filmed on the day of the challenge. I was a little surprised since I've always assumed those talking heads were done later. Seems unfair to but into what's already a very short amount of sewing time for interviews.

Just watched, ok rewatched, that TH and, except for the hat on hat off changes, his clothing remained the same.

Could mean something. Could mean nothing.

Could production's deviosity extend to telling Edmond to repeat that outfit in futures?

I have now thought about this way too much.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

I thought for sure Blake would be sent home for hardly using any card material on the top of the dress, you know, the part you can actually see. So, if David had lined his coat with cards, would he have been safe?

And I thought if Ashley had her painted her skirt all one color, it might have looked ok.

That being said, I thought the ugliest dress was the penis dress and THAT designer should have been sent home. I can't believe she didn't even make the bottom three. It looked like her dress was coming apart as the model walked off the runway...or was that roll of  paper on the back supposed to be there? It looked like something a Brownie Troop would make if they had to make a dress out of paper and cards.

As for the Blake and designer from India's conflict, I thought the designer kept saying, "what" because he couldn't believe what Blake was asking him. " Did you set them up for us?"  Why should he? That was my take on that conflict.

Maybe Blake should have asked, "are they set up and ready to go or will we need to set them up ourselves?"

Edited by bookrat
  • Love 2

Hi folks...haven't seen anyone comment on styling in general for this episode.  I noticed PR has a new style wall. Was overall impressed with shoes/accessories for each outfit.  Loved the boots with Shamil's outfit, for instance.  In previous PR seasons, styling was somewhat sketchy for at least a couple of designers each episode.  Thoughts? 

Oh, and a final thought:  why, oh why, is no one hating Hanmaio's "letter" stunt?  She deserves a slap on the wrist, at least, for insisting her model do that.

• Love 1