Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Walk Out

• Start Topic

I want to see this. I would add other Chelsey - she's been there for Chelsea, and is pretty reasonable & steady. Along with Randylicious, of course.

I agree, Other Chelsey has really started to grow on me. And am I imagining it, or is girlfriend losing weight? Her face looks slimmer, but she was wearing sweats so it was hard to tell.

• Love 4

Also, I believe that Jenelle herself wouldn't abuse Jace but I firmly believe that she would, if given custody of him, fail to protect him from an abusive boyfriend. This is terrifying to me, unfortunately a judge can't refuse to give her custody for this until it actually happens.

PS, BitterApple, I know you agree with me but this is just a general rant.

You really hit the nail on the head here. While I do believe that Jenelle sucks, I don't think she would hurt her kids for the sake of hurting them. I could see her spanking, yelling, etc (which I don't agree with) but I don't see her being out and out cruel. She does have horrible taste in men, and as we saw with the "who will want me, I have two kids" line, finding and keeping a man will always be her #1 priority. I believe Barbara is much more concerned with protecting Jace from Nathan (and any other subsequent douchebag) than she is about protecting him from Juhnelle.

• Love 4

I also loved how Kail had to get that barb in about Vee taking the baby back to New Jersey to be with her family. What a nice way to put bad juju out there for Jo's future.

Because it's a total Kail move. She has/will up and move her kid(s) without thinking twice, because it's convenient for her. When Vee got with Jo, I'm sure he made it abundantly clear that he has a son that will always be his top priority. When he told Vee that he was moving to Delaware, it was basically the tipping point. If she didn't go, they would probably have broken up. Vee made that sacrifice to move, and is probably committing to stay there, as long as she and Jo are together. I'm sure Kail is just praying that they break up, and for Vee to go back to NJ, just to put Jo in an awkward position. If he goes to NJ, she'll tell Isaac forever that his dad chose the new baby over him. If he stays, she'll say it's because Jo's in love with her.

It's Jonathan. I remember from the first season when they lived with his parents, his mom always called him Jonathan. I always thought who gets Jo from Jonathan? But what is this about Javi? His real first name is Jonathan also, and Kail makes him go by Javi? I have never heard this, tho nothing surprises me with the grumpasauras Karl

This was total speculation on my part, sorry for confusion! Javi's name is Jose Javier. I said he probably goes by his middle name because the beluga doesn't like that Jose sounds so close to Jo. But this is unfounded and solely based on the fact that she's a control freak.

• Love 7

Nathan was scary....but he said a lot of true things. I think he's been reading TM2 boards and snark sites in his spare time and decided to do us all a solid by telling Jenelle all the stuff we've been saying about her.

I had to laugh at Jenelle saying something to Nathan about being gone for 2 days like "you left your son who you supposedly care so much about." Bitch, please. You're one to talk about anybody leaving their child (see: Jace). You used to the same shit to Barb for longer than two days and when he is home, Nathan does seem to be more interested in doing things for Kaiser than you ever did for Jace (which isn't saying much). Nathan might be a scary psychopath, but so is Jenelle. They deserve each other. Their kids don't deserve to have either of them as parents though.

Did you all see how much padding/blanket stuff was in Kaiser's crib? Wow. And it looked like he was sleeping in a snowsuit or jacket thing - at least it looked like Jenelle picked him up from the crib and put him right in the car seat (all while he was asleep), but maybe she changed his clothes. I hope the poor little dude wasn't put in his crib in a heavy jacket/suit, surrounded by all those blankets, etc. I cannot believe what a chill baby Kaiser is. If we had at any point taken my son out of his crib and put him in that carrier/car seat, he would have woken up and fussed until we were in the car moving again. Kaiser barely seemed to wake up. Still, nice parenting, Jenelle - getting your sleepy baby out of his crib and leaving with him in the middle of the night to "go out." WTF. If anything, it would have made more *sense* (in Teen Mom world) for Jenelle to be like "well, you got two nights away so now I' m getting a night away" and leave the roll with Nathan. I'd like to give her credit for maybe thinking Nathan was too high/drunk to be with the baby, but since we saw her fantasize about hurting Barb by keeping Jace from her, I'm going to assume she took Kaiser to try to hurt Nathan.

Jenelle and Nathan's scenes were so weird. Of course it could just be Nathan being a crazy manipulator, but I wonder of there isn't a LOT we aren't privy to a la the Leah cheating drama we know happened but the show is ignoring, making for come confusing segments. We know both Nathan & Jenelle were probably cheating on each other, but I'm thinking when they filmed this they were broken up (but Jenelle didn't want anyone to know) and MTV had them film together and kind of stage this fight, so that's why it was so weird. Maybe Nathan's strange behavior is somewhat equivalent to Jeremy trying to keep a straight face in his scenes.

Also, Jenelle can miss me with her "no one is going to want me because I hate two kids with two different baby daddies" crying. Please. It's not like the next guy she moves in with will ever really have to interact with, let alone care for your sons except when MTV is around, cause we know by then Kaiser will be with Nathan's mom and Jace is with Barbs. Don't act like some guy is going to have to come in and take on you and your kids. Your kids won't be part of the deal because you're not a mom to Jace and my guess is when Nathan is gone for good, you won't be one to him either. And of all the baggage Jenelle has, trust that her sons are the least of it (heroin addiction, arrests, domestic violence, etc).

Also, could Jenelle's weird non-emotional demeanor when fighting with Nathan be because of methadone?

• Love 11

Javi has a father. I think his sister appears on the show because she is willing to be shown and heard on canera whereas Javi's father is not comfortable appearing on camera. It is also not unusual for a male to get a sibling's point of view on matters.

I will update Mr. Guilfoyle on that.

And I do totally and completely get why his sister told him that. I'm an older sister to a handsome and charming younger brother...not Javi, obviously.  Or Jo for that matter.  At any rate, yeah I'd be thinking a few things:

1) I fucking hate this sea cow but he seems to love her so I'm not going to go on and on about how awful she is. I tried that. It didn't work.

2) They are married and should definitely try because that is what you do when you are married.

3) I don't want to be the one who says "divorce her skank ass" because they might end up making it work and then I'll be the asshole who doesn't get to see my nephew(s) anymore. Because sea cow is fucking vindictive and your marriage is supposed to come first.

Also, I didn't feel bad for Leah, ESPECIALLY when she started crying about how "he wasn't there."  That is just her go to argument for how no one understands her.

And then, after reading all your posts I felt a little bad because she does have seriously real problems.  And an addiction. And honestly, there's not much you can do to avoid becoming addicted to stuff when you don't realize that you have a potential problem in the first place. It makes me sad...and then I think that if she didn't have these issues she'd be insufferable and superior as she has been taught to be. So suffering for a little while will be good for her as long as none of the girlses get hurt.

• Love 6
Uh this is just not true - as we saw in this episode Jenelle asked Jace if he want to live with her and he answered her with a "yes" and Nathan was not around.

There's a part of me that doesn't even believe that Jace understands what "living with her" means. Jace said last season that he wanted to "live with her" sometimes and with Barb sometimes. I think Jace views living with Janelle as being able to come over and spend the night on occasion because let's face it, when he's with Janelle, it's usually doing fun activities. It doesn't hurt that she's always promising that they'll be doing that stuff. I don't think that Jace wants to be with Janelle full time and be taken away from the only home that he's ever known, permanently.

And Janelle doesn't want Jace there anyway, unless she has someone there to help her lazy ass. She only pursued the custody thing because Nathan was pushing her and making it seem like they were a family and would do it together. The first time he said something about not getting involved and her being on her own, she dropped that idea real quick. If she had to take care of those kids all on her own, she just wouldn't. I never worry for a second when Janelle starts talking about custody because I know, without a doubt, that Jace isn't going anywhere. I actually crack up laughing every time she says that shit, with that emotionless face of hers. No judge (in their right mind and with all the facts) would take that kid away from Barb, unless Barb was physically unable to care for him. And even in that case, foster care would be a better option, sad to say.

Jenelle was 17 when she got pregnant with Jace, almost 18 when he was born. She was a senior in high school. Barb begged her to consider abortion or adoption. Jenelle said no. Once he was born she left him with her mom so she could go out. If Barb is so horrible, why would Jenelle leave her son in barbs care? Because Jenelle only cares about Jenelle.

Oh man! I just remembered how she used to do that shit, telling Barb that she wanted to be able to enjoy being a teenager. Like bitch, you should have thought about that before you got pregnant. Ooh, that used to piss me off. I know she was on drugs and whatever back then, but still. Jace was a burden to her then and he's a burden to her now. She uses her kids like she uses men in her life. They validate her and make her feel useful/wanted. She really needs to get some REAL counseling and possibly get on medication. Maybe then, I'd be willing to cut her some slack.

Kail:  I, too, would hate for my ex, father of my child, to live in my neighborhood.  Kail and I can't be the only ones, can we?

It may not be ideal for me, but I'd want to do what was best for my child. Jo loves Isaac and has always wanted to be a part of his life. Since Jo wouldn't take her back, Kail has been hell bent on keeping Isaac away from him, as much as she can legally. There is probably a part of her that doesn't want Jo there because she thinks he secretly wants her or something. Or she likes to pretend that Jo is just a sperm donor and wants everyone to believe that Javi is a better father to Isaac than Jo can ever be, ever was, etc. I think she forgets that this show is filmed and we can see because we have eyes.

I can't think of a logical reason for her to care this much about where Jo buys a house, especially when it only benefits Isaac and makes both of their lives easier.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 12

I'm thinking the problem isn't with Jo moving into Kail's backyard. I'm starting to think the problem is VEE moving into her backyard.

Can you imagine Kail's miserable ass running into smiling Vee at Krogers. Full head of hair,glowing in pregnancy, buying groceries for the man who wouldn't leave her for you? Ugh. The thought of it certainly makes her want to go Kail Smash.

Jo has taught me the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference and Jo could give a damn about Kails sad ass life, but the first question she had was "is VEE coming with you?". She's going to drive past their happy house, with their happy lives all the while she has some little mini Papi hanging on her ankle.

This times infinity! Kail's main problem is probably that she's insanely jealous of Vee and how happy they are together, while she's stuck with Papi and is miserable. I wouldn't be surprised if Jo and Vee took the baby out in a stroller ride around the block and could hear Kail screeching at Javi from 5 houses away. It would also give Jo insight into how much Kail leaves Isaac with Javi's family and goes out, and a sneaky bitch like Kail doesn't need that kind of complication.

• Love 12

I'd like to say something in Jeremy's defense. One feature we see over and over in "16 and Pregnant" is the rude shock to both father and mother when financial realities hit them like a freight train. Their romantic notions of "working it out together" are popped like a bubble as soon as the baby arrives -- and so you get an immature, unmotivated, directionless boy floundering around trying to get a shit job, qualified for nothing, constantly being harangued by the girl for money. He takes refuge in video games or goes out with his friends to get away from what he has created. If he's lucky enough to get a job, he feels like he's supposed to sacrifice his whole life, freedom, happiness, etc. to work like a slave at his first full-time job (it's a rude shock!) hand over the check to the angry, exhausted girlfriend. Never enough sleep, get up, rinse repeat. Constantly broke. Exhaustion. Hopeless drudgery for minimum wage. Always whatever he does, it's not good enough. On some level he knows the girl is as much a victim of these circumstances as he is, but he also knows he can walk away, and so he does. Because he's 17. 

Unlike most of the boys on this show who ejaculated into their girlfriends, Jeremy has a job that earns well, but it means he has to be away from home a lot. She wanted a new house. She wanted a nice home. She wanted makeup and expensive hairdoos. She wanted her kids to be provided for. All that costs money. Instead of being grateful that her husband had the earning capacity to provide all that for her, instead of connecting with her enormous local family support system, she went into victim mode.

I'm sure Jeremy works hard when he's away and is probably triple exhausted when he gets off work and has limited time and energy for emotionally needy wife constantly complaining. It's human nature, he'd start setting some boundaries: only return calls after work, don't reply to texts where she's just venting. She feels neglected and abandoned, so she goes to the thrift stores and gets a few new things, gets some pills from the doc, and quickly becomes addicted to both. The house starts to go to hell. Jeremy comes home and finds the house a disaster, the cat colored blue, the baby never dressed, heaps of thrift shop crap everywhere, the kids running wild, and Leah a mess, endless whining about how she needs more money. She has no idea how hard he works, how much he needs a little R&R when he is home from work, and how upsetting it is for him to see the money disappear when all she does is complain. He starts to look forward to going back to work. Voila. 

Jeremy wanted an adult, an equal partner in creating a good life together. He felt like he held up his end of the deal and she didn't. When he was talking about how Leah used to have goals, I think he meant she used to have her shit together, took care of the home, was a responsible adult who could get her kids fed and clothed and to school on time each day. Wanted her kids to be able to have dance lessons or extra therapy. Now he is married to this train wreck. Yes, I know it's hard to raise 3 kids, but that's the deal she signed up for. Yes, he is gone a lot, but he wasn't out partying or riding four-wheelers with his friends. All this crap about "I have issues!" -- gets old, when a person does nothing to take steps to address them.

And THEN he finds out she cheated. AGAIN. I'm NOT saying he is without responsibility for the situation, but I really don't blame him for wanting to walk away.

Edited by lidarose9
  • Love 18

All this crap about "I have issues!" -- gets old, when a person does nothing to take steps to address them.

Right, I agree with mostly everything you said here.  

We all have issues to a greater or lesser extent.  Was I super more of an asshole about my issues when I was 23?  You betcha! I had no perspective to judge stuff against. 

I have maintained for a while that 23 is much more similar to 18 than 23 is to 25. IDK what happens then, but it's a big change.

• Love 5

Kail:  I, too, would hate for my ex, father of my child, to live in my neighborhood.  Kail and I can't be the only ones, can we?

I think that Kail and Jo still love each other, beneath all those layers of contempt.  First love, forever love.

But I also think that Kail was at her best when she was with Jordan. But then she cheated. Too bad....Jordan was a nice guy.

I wouldn't care.  If he really wanted to be involved in our son's life, I'd be grateful that he was willing to make the move.  It would also mean no more 3 hour weekly car trips.  Win win.  Of course, I'm not a narcissistic selfish shrew like Kail, so there's that.  I think about what would be best for my children before what would be best for ME because I'm not a shitty mom.  I also don't think Jo gives one single, solitary shit about Kail.  I do feel bad for Vee tho.  I couldn't imagine moving away from all of my family and friends whilst pregnant and then with a newborn.  Girl is going to get really lonely, really fast.  

• Love 12

I do feel bad for Vee tho. I couldn't imagine moving away from all of my family and friends whilst pregnant and then with a newborn. Girl is going to get really lonely, really fast.

I agree, I also feel for her. I've said before, she was in a tough spot. She got into a relationship with a guy who has a kid, so she had to understand that as long as she was with him, she would have to make some sacrifices. But Jo deciding to move to Delaware, semi-permanently, put her in a spot where they would either break up or she would have to go too. I remember on Being Dad she spoke about wanting to move to Florida and Jo told her that he could never do it. I commend Jo for putting his son first, but I still feel for Vee for having to give up on some dreams to be with him.

• Love 9

I'm no fan of Jenelle, but I think Nathan is an abusive, scary, unhinged, nut bag.  I did get a chuckle out of Jenelle pushing the liquor bottle towards Nathan saying, "Go ahead buddy, finish 'em.  It's what you do best."  She was quietly sitting there on her computer while that enraged, drunk nut job foamed at the mouth and called her names.  I'm sorry but no one deserves that, especially a young girl.  If he hates her so much, how about you go and stay gone there Nathan?  How about that?  And honestly, I don't see him as a better parent than Jenelle to the roll in any way.  He holds him now and then, that's about it.  He doesn't deserve a fucking parade for that.

In the scene where Jenelle leaves with the roll and says, "I'll take my ring off before I go out tonight," she had been calmly discussing with Crazy Nathan that she was going out with a few friends that night.  Nothing wrong with that.  I'm assuming she was going to leave the roll with Nathan's mom or a friend, or babysitter.  I can't say I put one ounce of blame on her for not leaving her baby with a roided up, possibly high or drunk and vindictive Nathan. 

Jenelle is no super mom and I think Jace if far better off with Barb right now, but the Jenelle in this episode had my sympathy.  Nathan is scary and crazy as fuck and was abusive and constantly antagonistic.  Girl needs to get far, far away from that mess and stay away.  Dude is gonna snap.

• Love 9

Uh this is just not true - as we saw in this episode Jenelle asked Jace if he want to live with her and he answered her with a "yes" and Nathan was not around.

First of all I do not know of anyone who just does heroin every now and then - it is highly addictive in every form. I think maybe someone might get away withnot becoming addicted the first time they try it but that is even rare - and yes we do know she is not doing heroin. You can easily tell by looking at her - her skin is great -her eyes are alert - she is taking pretty good care of herself and her body lately. She did not do this when she was so clearly stoned with Keiffer a few seasons ago while she was using. And I do not think she takes theguy over the child every time or she would have been out following Nathan around or would have been out with friends instead of being at home taking care of their son. She did have her friend with her(who most dont seem to remember but she is Jenelles friend from way back and I think she looks great - more grown up and matured but better still) but everything they were doing was based around her house and the care of her kids. I think her house looks really nice and the baby is always dressed and clean as well as "happy" - does not show signs of a

baby born addicted to drugs at all. So yea I think it is clear that she is not doing heroin in the episodes we have seen.

That was not the only scene where Jenelle is playing with Jace - every time i see her in the last two seasons with him she is paying attention to Jace one on one. Also she seems to take him to places that he can enjoy as well as to restaurants and does not have the behavior problems that Leah always has with her children. I never see Leah spend one on one time with her children other than to just sit by them for a second or to grab them up to spank them.

Jenelle was only 15 or 16 when she got pregnant and the decisions she made were and are a direct link to her mother since she was not 18 yrs old. At the age she was making all these life moving decisions her mother was there not absent and should have been guiding her so she would not make so many bad choices. Again Jace is and will be paying for the bad choices Barb is making not Jenelle since she doesnt seem to have a say regarding his daily care. What I dont seem to understand is that Barb told Jenelle to get a house in one spot for a while andstart to establish and maintain a schedule of visitations with him and then shewould consider him living with Jenelle and once Jenelle has finally done this she comes up with some other crap every time. This is effecting him negatively and you are watching from his behavior problems when he with Barb the proof. Child protective services have a criteria to follow when they take children about giving them back because they know of the long term damage it does otherwise -Jenelle fits the criteria for her child to be given back. Lastly she finished probation didnt she so she had to have passed her drug tests for that as well. Barb is a heavy drinker too if you have not noticed and this can be very dangerous for all sorts of reasons as well. Lastly Barb did make Jenelle sign custody over to her - she could have just taken care of Jace like so many other Grandmothers instead of having it done with papers.

When we look at our children they say that they mirror back to us the behavior we have and are teaching them.

All the other mothers got pregnant as teens. So what's Jenelle's excuse to not be a good mother. And if she didn't sign over custody she would've lost it to the system. If Jace was in foster care Jenelle's rights would've been terminated by now. It's bad enough Jace has to see his mother choosing drugs and dick over him. I don't know it Babs drinks are not, but her life is more stable than Jenelle. She works, earns her paycheck, and takes care of Jace in her 60s.

I'm no fan of Jenelle, but I think Nathan is an abusive, scary, unhinged, nut bag. I did get a chuckle out of Jenelle pushing the liquor bottle towards Nathan saying, "Go ahead buddy, finish 'em. It's what you do best." She was quietly sitting there on her computer while that enraged, drunk nut job foamed at the mouth and called her names. I'm sorry but no one deserves that, especially a young girl. If he hates her so much, how about you go and stay gone there Nathan? How about that? And honestly, I don't see him as a better parent than Jenelle to the roll in any way. He holds him now and then, that's about it. He doesn't deserve a fucking parade for that.

In the scene where Jenelle leaves with the roll and says, "I'll take my ring off before I go out tonight," she had been calmly discussing with Crazy Nathan that she was going out with a few friends that night. Nothing wrong with that. I'm assuming she was going to leave the roll with Nathan's mom or a friend, or babysitter. I can't say I put one ounce of blame on her for not leaving her baby with a roided up, possibly high or drunk and vindictive Nathan.

Jenelle is no super mom and I think Jace if far better off with Barb right now, but the Jenelle in this episode had my sympathy. Nathan is scary and crazy as fuck and was abusive and constantly antagonistic. Girl needs to get far, far away from that mess and stay away. Dude is gonna snap.

Jenelle needs serious therapy. Nathan knows she's weak which is why he preys on her.
  • Love 5

I agree, I also feel for her. I've said before, she was in a tough spot. She got into a relationship with a guy who has a kid, so she had to understand that as long as she was with him, she would have to make some sacrifices. But Jo deciding to move to Delaware, semi-permanently, put her in a spot where they would either break up or she would have to go too. I remember on Being Dad she spoke about wanting to move to Florida and Jo told her that he could never do it. I commend Jo for putting his son first, but I still feel for Vee for having to give up on some dreams to be with him.

Yes, poor Vee. I am 28 and I would still hesitate to be in a relationship with someone who has a child with another woman. It wouldn't stop me if I really loved someone but, I don't know, not sure I want to deal with all that complexity at this point in my life.  She seems to deal with it in a  mature way even though she's what, 23?  These kids are way more ready for commitment and permanency than I am even though I am significantly older. 

I can't say I put one ounce of blame on her for not leaving her baby with a roided up, possibly high or drunk and vindictive Nathan. 

Jenelle is no super mom and I think Jace if far better off with Barb right now, but the Jenelle in this episode had my sympathy.  Nathan is scary and crazy as fuck and was abusive and constantly antagonistic.  Girl needs to get far, far away from that mess and stay away.  Dude is gonna snap.

I definitely agree with you in theory. But is Jenelle less verbally abusive than Nathan? I think she's probably less scary because she's a small woman, but Jenelle is the woman who told another human being that he "should have died" in a war... She says super shitty and horrible things to her mom, and who knows what she's said to her partners. No one deserves to be verbally abused, but Jenelle is the yin to Nathan's yang.  

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 10

Yes, poor Vee. I am 28 and I would still hesitate to be in a relationship with someone who has a child with another woman. It wouldn't stop me if I really loved someone but, I don't know, not sure I want to deal with all that complexity at this point in my life. She seems to deal with it in a mature way even though she's what, 23? These kids are way more ready for commitment and permanency than I am even though I am significantly older.

I hear you! I am 23, and the ease at which these girls jump into marriage and babies seriously freaks me out. It takes me 20 minutes to decide what I want to eat at a restaurant, and even then I usually wind up having regrets.

• Love 7

First of all I do not know of anyone who just does heroin every now and then - it is highly addictive in every form. I think maybe someone might get away withnot becoming addicted the first time they try it but that is even rare - and yes we do know she is not doing heroin. You can easily tell by looking at her - her skin is great -her eyes are alert - she is taking pretty good care of herself and her body lately. She did not do this when she was so clearly stoned with Keiffer a few seasons ago while she was using. And I do not think she takes theguy over the child every time or she would have been out following Nathan around or would have been out with friends instead of being at home taking care of their son. She did have her friend with her(who most dont seem to remember but she is Jenelles friend from way back and I think she looks great - more grown up and matured but better still) but everything they were doing was based around her house and the care of her kids. I think her house looks really nice and the baby is always dressed and clean as well as "happy" - does not show signs of a

baby born addicted to drugs at all. So yea I think it is clear that she is not doing heroin in the episodes we have seen.

That was not the only scene where Jenelle is playing with Jace - every time i see her in the last two seasons with him she is paying attention to Jace one on one. Also she seems to take him to places that he can enjoy as well as to restaurants and does not have the behavior problems that Leah always has with her children. I never see Leah spend one on one time with her children other than to just sit by them for a second or to grab them up to spank them. 

Jenelle was only 15 or 16 when she got pregnant and the decisions she made were and are a direct link to her mother since she was not 18 yrs old. At the age she was making all these life moving decisions her mother was there not absent and should have been guiding her so she would not make so many bad choices. Again Jace is and will be paying for the bad choices Barb is making not Jenelle since she doesnt seem to have a say regarding his daily care. What I dont seem to understand is that Barb told Jenelle to get a house in one spot for a while andstart to establish and maintain a schedule of visitations with him and then shewould consider him living with Jenelle and once Jenelle has finally done this she comes up with some other crap every time. This is effecting him negatively and you are watching from his behavior problems when he with Barb the proof. Child protective services have a criteria to follow when they take children about giving them back because they know of the long term damage it does otherwise -Jenelle fits the criteria for her child to be given back. Lastly she finished probation didnt she so she had to have passed her drug tests for that as well. Barb is a heavy drinker too if  you have not noticed and this can be very dangerous for all sorts of reasons as well. Lastly Barb did make Jenelle sign custody over to her - she could have just taken care of Jace like so many other Grandmothers instead of having it done with papers. 

When we look at our children they say that they mirror back to us the behavior we have and are teaching them.

Are we watching the same show?  Jenelle doesn't WANT Jace back.  She's SAID as much.  She's currently not making ANY attempts to get him, so why do you keep commenting about how he should be home with her?  You know what's really bad for a child?  Being in a home where he's not wanted.  Like Jenelle's.  I mean, she couldn't even manage to drive to her appointment with her attorney for custody without drama.  SHE made the decision to turn the car around and go back to the house to argue with Nathan.  That sums up her entire attitude towards her children.  Men come first.  Period, end of story. Also, they just showed a scene where she and Nathan were up at 4 am, drunk and fighting (Jenelle might not have been drinking but her being up and alert at 4 am is suspect.)  Could you imagine if Jace was there for that?  It was bad enough Kaiser was.   

• Love 17

I'm sure she'll start back up with the custody nonsense once she reels in her next loser.

Or MTV starts filming the next season. IMO, she only does it for show (literally!), because she knows with another baby living under her care, it looks bad to not have Jace in her custody as well.

• Love 8

I'd like to say something in Jeremy's defense. One feature we see over and over in "16 and Pregnant" is the rude shock to both father and mother when financial realities hit them like a freight train. Their romantic notions of "working it out together" are popped like a bubble as soon as the baby arrives -- and so you get an immature, unmotivated, directionless boy floundering around trying to get a shit job, qualified for nothing, constantly being harangued by the girl for money. He takes refuge in video games or goes out with his friends to get away from what he has created. If he's lucky enough to get a job, he feels like he's supposed to sacrifice his whole life, freedom, happiness, etc. to work like a slave at his first full-time job (it's a rude shock!) hand over the check to the angry, exhausted girlfriend. Never enough sleep, get up, rinse repeat. Constantly broke. Exhaustion. Hopeless drudgery for minimum wage. Always whatever he does, it's not good enough. On some level he knows the girl is as much a victim of these circumstances as he is, but he also knows he can walk away, and so he does. Because he's 17. 

Unlike most of the boys on this show who ejaculated into their girlfriends, Jeremy has a job that earns well, but it means he has to be away from home a lot. She wanted a new house. She wanted a nice home. She wanted makeup and expensive hairdoos. She wanted her kids to be provided for. All that costs money. Instead of being grateful that her husband had the earning capacity to provide all that for her, instead of connecting with her enormous local family support system, she went into victim mode.

I'm sure Jeremy works hard when he's away and is probably triple exhausted when he gets off work and has limited time and energy for emotionally needy wife constantly complaining. It's human nature, he'd start setting some boundaries: only return calls after work, don't reply to texts where she's just venting. She feels neglected and abandoned, so she goes to the thrift stores and gets a few new things, gets some pills from the doc, and quickly becomes addicted to both. The house starts to go to hell. Jeremy comes home and finds the house a disaster, the cat colored blue, the baby never dressed, heaps of thrift shop crap everywhere, the kids running wild, and Leah a mess, endless whining about how she needs more money. She has no idea how hard he works, how much he needs a little R&R when he is home from work, and how upsetting it is for him to see the money disappear when all she does is complain. He starts to look forward to going back to work. Voila. 

Jeremy wanted an adult, an equal partner in creating a good life together. He felt like he held up his end of the deal and she didn't. When he was talking about how Leah used to have goals, I think he meant she used to have her shit together, took care of the home, was a responsible adult who could get her kids fed and clothed and to school on time each day. Wanted her kids to be able to have dance lessons or extra therapy. Now he is married to this train wreck. Yes, I know it's hard to raise 3 kids, but that's the deal she signed up for. Yes, he is gone a lot, but he wasn't out partying or riding four-wheelers with his friends. All this crap about "I have issues!" -- gets old, when a person does nothing to take steps to address them.

And THEN he finds out she cheated. AGAIN. I'm NOT saying he is without responsibility for the situation, but I really don't blame him for wanting to walk away.

YES, YES!! You hit the nail right on the head, this is the best description of Jermy's life! So dam true!

YES, YES!! You hit the nail right on the head, this is the best description of Jermy's life! So dam true!

• Love 2

Hey guys, I am REALLY sorry for the amount of  times I gave the reply I made:(

Still a newbie at this stuff-won't happen again:)

I just thought you REALLY liked my post! Haha. But seriously, thanks. 

• Love 4

I am a couple of episodes behind but up to date in my mind because of the snark here, so thanks!

This afternoon I plan to watch the latest episode, but before I do and before I read the comments posted after page 1 here, I have to say that I have zero sympathy for Chelsea if she is upset/bewildered of whatever about Taylor re-hooking up with Adam. Of all people, she should be upset at that when she's done it herself? I guess that was different because it's her and that's okay but not Taylor? Sorry hun, life doesn't work that way. That they used the same lawyer and did a sort of team up thing was very ill advised from the get to, IMO.

Kail is just a disgusting marshmallow. That a guy would allow himself to be emasculated on TV week after week is incredible and shows that Javi is nothing but a fame whore that's willing to look like a complete fool in order to be on television. That's seriously what we've come to? 

The other thing I have learned from watching this show is that there is something seriously wrong with our court system when involved parents like Corey or Jo have to continually beg and plead and claw for more time with their kids and find that it themselves that are expected to compromise and take crumbs because the women "don't think that's best for them." WTF? These judges need to be Fedex'd seasons of this show along with a wtf note attached. Seriously.

Off to read the comments!

• Love 10

Probably high enough to think he can breast feed the baby since he has famous nipples.

From what I've heard, men can totally lactate.

I don't know anyone who's done it.  Or know anyone who knows of anyone, but that's what I heard. If anyone can do it, Nips is the guy.  :)

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 2

The other thing I have learned from watching this show is that there is something seriously wrong with our court system when involved parents like Corey or Jo have to continually beg and plead and claw for more time with their kids and find that it themselves that are expected to compromise and take crumbs because the women "don't think that's best for them." WTF? These judges need to be Fedex'd seasons of this show along with a wtf note attached. Seriously.

Tell me about it! My brother is one of those involved Dads (or wants to be) and has had a horrible time dealing with his ex and getting time with his daughter. The best he's been able to do is the old fashioned "Wednesday night and every other weekend, plus a week in the summer," alternate holidays - all that. I also had a friend who agreed to pay his ex child support if she would STOP going after custody since she didn't want the kid, just the money (which she had made abundantly clear to everyone, even the judges who kept giving her custody anyway because "she's the Mom."). It's extremely sad. I hear people talk about how times are changing, progress has been made in fathers' rights, etc. but I sure don't see it - not in real life, and not on this show.

• Love 6

I wonder if there is even any equity to split. You lose about 6% to commission when you sell. So even if the old house and the new cost the same, they list 6%. Then if they divorce and sell, they lose 6% on the new house too.

Their new house was $290K. I am guessing there is no way either of them would have qualified for a mortgage that high (Javi doesn't have the income, and I bet Kail has poor personal credit). It would not surprise me if they put down $100K or more using Kail's Teen Mom 2 money. I would think they likely would have had to put down more than the standard 20%.

Since Kail is so in love with Javi's benefits, I'd be willing to bet they bought with a zero- down VA loan.

• Love 7

Also, Jenelle can miss me with her "no one is going to want me because I hate two kids with two different baby daddies" crying.

And had she not aborted the pregnancy she had post-Jace/pre-Kaiser Roll, she'd have three kids by three different fathers. She wasted no time getting pregnant by Nayyy-thaann after going back to the doctor to get the remnants of her abortion scraped out.

• Love 6

I totally think Jenelle is capable of abusing her kids. She can't control her temper, for one thing. I think she's not done it with Jace because she hasn't had him enough to get supremely frustrated.

And if she gets back on drugs, neglect is within the realm of possibilities.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 4

She seems to interact with Kaiser and with Jace very well and when they are with her she seems to be paying a lot of attention to them and is happy. She does not yell "kids go now" like Leah was in this episode and or sit and ignore her responsibilities either.

I totally think Jenelle is capable of abusing her kids. She can't control her temper, for one thing. I think she's not done it with Jace because she hasn't had him enough to get supremely frustrated.

Jenelle is more "dating" Jace than "in a relationship" with him, if you will..., and we all know how different spending an afternoon every couple of weeks with someone is than living with them 24/7. And with Kaiser, he's still at a stage of total dependence, can't ambulate, can't speak, can't have needs or wants or communicate thoughts particular to his person, so there is nothing for Jenelle to be challenged by. So far, Jenelle hasn't been able to successfully stay in the life of anyone for whom she needs to be present, have reciprocity with, or be predictable for (kudos to the poster who used that term; that's it right there). To her credit, she doesn't appear to outrightly lie or try specifically to deceive anyone about these necessary pieces she's missing, she's just in a state of perpetual confusion (to be generous) about why things aren't going her way 95% of the time, and the only answers she's bothered trying to find are Barb or dick-du-jour. Now Nathan is another story, because he's interested in creating a story and commits fully to it, all logic and evidence be damned. Both are scary people to deal with, even for a convenience store clerk, let alone for children in their care for either hours or day-to-day.

I never liked jeremy from the beginning. He's always had this asshole way about him, and was douchey. I think part of leah's depression is that look what her life turned out like and look how happy corey is. I think she will always love corey especially because shes the one that screwed up their marriage. As I said in another post, i used to think leah was a really good mother especially given her age, when she was doing everything in her power to get ali what she needed for her muscular dystrophy. But over the years she went downhill and seems like a diff person. I understand why shes depressed raising the 3 kids with no father figure there to really help out, but the thing is thats why you should go on more than 2 dates before deciding to marry someone.

I've got no fucks to give for Jermy Lance Bass (I don't remember that brilliant nickname from TwoP, but it's awesome) because he was shifty from the start, and because he didn't start a charitable organization which was later found to be corrupt, he wanted to be married to Leah even being a friend of Corey's and knowing her history with infidelity and how complicated the whole situation was. Your post made me recall that I used to feel very proud of Leah for her desire to find help for her daughter, even when she was really the odd woman out amongst a bunch a people who were practically chanting "lalalalalala" with their fingers in their ears when it was clear that something was seriously wrong. And I do agree that she still loves Corey and I feel like it was impatience on her part of giving Corey the time to feel like he could trust her again that led to her meeting Jermy and starting fresh-ish. (I don't remember if Corey did, at some point, say he couldn't love/trust her again and it was done though -- my brain can only file away so much TM drama! -- but I think she got tired of waiting and hopped on JLB). As I've been reading through the posts, some of the frustration over trying to help someone who wants to be enabled more than helped has really resonated with me. And the thing I know to be true of those situations and individuals is that there is always a family system behind that person that is massively sick and their number 1 priority is to keep the entire brood together while being totally willing to take down anyone who might spill some of the beans about how they operate. So, even though Momma Dawn didn't grace this episode, I'm going to focus some of my ?!?!?!?! for Leah and move it onto Momma D. And oddly, this makes me even more angry with Leah's behavior because I'm no longer sure how much of it is being young (and dazed and confused) and overwhelmed, and how much is because she doesn't have to hold herself accountable as long as Dawn & company are around to keep the propaganda machine going. I've watched people choose the sick family over small steps in a better direction with a lot of support to take some steps away from the sickness, and the trouble is it's insidious and it ruins the lives of everyone outside of that system. I'm glad it happened to a not-great guy like Jermy, but I'm super sad the results are written all over the chaos-ridden lives of the kids.   

• Love 11

. I also had a friend who agreed to pay his ex child support if she would STOP going after custody since she didn't want the kid, just the money (which she had made abundantly clear to everyone, even the judges who kept giving her custody anyway because "she's the Mom."). It's extremely sad. I hear people talk about how times are changing, progress has been made in fathers' rights, etc. but I sure don't see it - not in real life, and not on this show.

That's incredibly sad, but at the same time, if all else fails, maybe Corey should try to talk Leah into that. Basically a bribe to leave them alone.

• Love 5

That's incredibly sad, but at the same time, if all else fails, maybe Corey should try to talk Leah into that. Basically a bribe to leave them alone.

I've thought about this a number of times. I can't quite tell if Leah would go for something like this or not. The friend I mentioned ended up paying his ex over $1,000/month basically as you said, a bribe to leave him and his/their son alone. I have a hard time guessing with Leah. I think she does love her daughters even though she's totally overwhelmed by them, so I don't know if she could be "bribed" into letting go of them like this. Maybe temporarily?  I hope it's something Corey has considered.

I've thought about this a number of times. I can't quite tell if Leah would go for something like this or not. The friend I mentioned ended up paying his ex over $1,000/month basically as you said, a bribe to leave him and his/their son alone. I have a hard time guessing with Leah. I think she does love her daughters even though she's totally overwhelmed by them, so I don't know if she could be "bribed" into letting go of them like this. Maybe temporarily? I hope it's something Corey has considered.

I think she cares more about the social stigma than the money. It seemed to me like she was considering giving Corey additional time until her Mom talked her out of it.

Loss of custody would be plastered all over the tabloids, and everyone in her small town would be talking.

• Love 6

And had she not aborted the pregnancy she had post-Jace/pre-Kaiser Roll, she'd have three kids by three different fathers. She wasted no time getting pregnant by Nayyy-thaann after going back to the doctor to get the remnants of her abortion scraped out.

Why can't Jenelle just get her tubes tied or stop having kids she ignores.

Edited by Darknight
  • Love 1

True, I do think Leah loves her daughters and would also be concerned with the social stigma of being a deadbeat mom. I think if the show had never happened, this might have worked on Adam. Papa Randilicious has some deep pockets, and I think he would have considered it money well spent.

• Love 5

I am a couple of episodes behind but up to date in my mind because of the snark here, so thanks!

This afternoon I plan to watch the latest episode, but before I do and before I read the comments posted after page 1 here, I have to say that I have zero sympathy for Chelsea if she is upset/bewildered of whatever about Taylor re-hooking up with Adam. Of all people, she should be upset at that when she's done it herself? I guess that was different because it's her and that's okay but not Taylor? Sorry hun, life doesn't work that way. That they used the same lawyer and did a sort of team up thing was very ill advised from the get to, IMO.

Kail is just a disgusting marshmallow. That a guy would allow himself to be emasculated on TV week after week is incredible and shows that Javi is nothing but a fame whore that's willing to look like a complete fool in order to be on television. That's seriously what we've come to?

Off to read the comments!

I agree. I hate that just because she's mom she gets the upper hand. Well sometimes mom isn't in the best interest of the child, dad is. At least some courts are recognizing this.
  • Love 1

True, I do think Leah loves her daughters and would also be concerned with the social stigma of being a deadbeat mom. I think if the show had never happened, this might have worked on Adam. Papa Randilicious has some deep pockets, and I think he would have considered it money well spent.

I think he would still do it too! If I was Randy, I'd totally do it.

I think he would still do it too! If I was Randy, I'd totally do it.

I'd be tempted too! But I think at this point, paying Adam off to stay away from Aubree would be really damaging. She's five years old and clearly loves and idolizes her daddy, no matter how much of a douche he is.

• Love 6

I'd be tempted too! But I think at this point, paying Adam off to stay away from Aubree would be really damaging. She's five years old and clearly loves and idolizes her daddy, no matter how much of a douche he is.

It would probably cause more damage. Soon enough Aubree will realize her father only wants her when the cameras are around. If someone did pay off Adam to stay away, Aubree would probably grow up and blame that person for her lack of a relationship with her father.

If only social stigma had kept her away from Robbie the Kidd!

No kidding. I really wonder if what she sees in Robbie is less in his pants, and more in pill form.

• Love 6

I think she cares more about the social stigma than the money. It seemed to me like she was considering giving Corey additional time until her Mom talked her out of it.

Loss of custody would be plastered all over the tabloids, and everyone in her small town would be talking.

I agree. I think Leah wants to be a good mother and worries that she's not...oh and she's dumb. Did I mention she's really dumb? Because she is. She's really dumb. I honestly think she would have gone for whatever Corey wanted except that everyone kept taking her out of it. Leah doesn't exactly sit down and contemplate issues and form her own opinion.

As for any social stigma attached to her and Robbie, I don't think she faces any. I'm sure most of the adults she knows got married young, had kids young, fucked around, had affairs, got divorced, whatever. I grew up in the Appalachia of California, that's all par for the course. Choosing not to be a full time SAHM even when you have the financial resources to do so? That is some motherfucking rebellion, it is.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 8

Were parts of Leah's part in this episode filmed at completely different times? In the beginning, she looks dirty and homeless. Her hair is just nasty. Then not too much later, she looks completely washed and put back together. Something about it just screamed that the two parts were filmed like weeks apart or something.

I question how easy it is to get your kid back when your mother has been raising him without you there most of the time for 6 years. While the court's standards are low, I still think Jenelle would have a hard time, if she ever files and is actually serious about it. At least she acknowledges the awkwardness of having two baby daddies by your 24th birthday.

• Love 6

LOL yes thank you for reminding me about the restaurants. I remember last season when Jenelle took Jace out to a restaurant and spent the whole meal talking about her current drama with Nathan and if I remember correctly even asked Jace "what am I gonna do?" about the situation. No questions about him, his life, his friends, school, what he does for fun, etc etc. I'm going to go ahead and guess that's not something Jace really enjoys but I could be wrong, perhaps he does enjoy sitting in a restaurant while his stupid mom cries and bitches about her boyfriend.

Well, he enjoys it compared to "sitting in the car while his stupid mom cries about her drama" she's totally changed! Leavee herrr alloooonnnneeee lol

LOL yes thank you for reminding me about the restaurants. I remember last season when Jenelle took Jace out to a restaurant and spent the whole meal talking about her current drama with Nathan and if I remember correctly even asked Jace "what am I gonna do?" about the situation. No questions about him, his life, his friends, school, what he does for fun, etc etc. I'm going to go ahead and guess that's not something Jace really enjoys but I could be wrong, perhaps he does enjoy sitting in a restaurant while his stupid mom cries and bitches about her boyfriend.

Well, he enjoys it compared to "sitting in the car while his stupid mom cries about her drama" she's totally changed! Leavee herrr alloooonnnneeee lol

• Love 1

Because it's a total Kail move. She has/will up and move her kid(s) without thinking twice, because it's convenient for her. When Vee got with Jo, I'm sure he made it abundantly clear that he has a son that will always be his top priority. When he told Vee that he was moving to Delaware, it was basically the tipping point. If she didn't go, they would probably have broken up. Vee made that sacrifice to move, and is probably committing to stay there, as long as she and Jo are together. I'm sure Kail is just praying that they break up, and for Vee to go back to NJ, just to put Jo in an awkward position. If he goes to NJ, she'll tell Isaac forever that his dad chose the new baby over him. If he stays, she'll say it's because Jo's in love with her.

This was total speculation on my part, sorry for confusion! Javi's name is Jose Javier. I said he probably goes by his middle name because the beluga doesn't like that Jose sounds so close to Jo. But this is unfounded and solely based on the fact that she's a control freak.

oh lol! Well I wouldn't doubt she did that. I think I'm just going to take it as fact, because it's no more ridiculous than any of her other selfish statements/actions/demands

• Love 2