Type keyword(s) to search

Project Runway Quotes: "But What About Andrae?"

• Start Topic

On 9/1/2017 at 4:06 PM, meep.meep said:

What was it she said in the Unconventional Materials episode:  "I'm terrified of the space of failure"    ????   She can't even be scared without being pretentious about it.  Indeed!

I think she actually said the *shame* of failure, but yeah, either way, pretentious.

Also, Margarita, ep. 2, "Let's just paint over Trump." LOL

• Love 5

Claire: Brandon's look literally looks like a napkin tied around his model's body. That is not even clothing. That's a smock with sleeves and side boob.

Shawn: Kenya's looks like an oxblood mariachi band.

Judges: Brandon and Kenya, you're in the top!

Amy: Claire's look is a version of every look she's sent down the runway so far.

• Love 6

Kentaro: Let's go sauna tonight, yes?
Margarita: Yes!
Kentaro: Kenya, do you want to join us to sauna?
Kenya: Huh?
Kentaro: Sauna.
Kenya: What?
Kentaro: Sauna.
Kenya: Salmon?
Kentaro: Yes, Santa Claus. Happy Merry Christmas, Kenya!

Kentaro: Don't bring the tape measures!

• Love 7

Season 7 (I think?): Anthony Williams in a TH on another designer's ideas for her piece: "Ohhhh, honey, honey, honey, hon-EY!"

Season 8, Casanova in a TH on Gretchen: "Oh my God, she believe that I am a r*t*rd."

Unknown season, Tim Gunn reacting to an in-progress piece in the workroom: "Oh, Jesus."

I have sound clips of these and am not afraid to use them.

• Love 6

Models: Go, Kentaro, go, go! Kentaro!
Liris: He has his own hip hop choir.

Christina: Grab some pizza and some popcorn because you're going to see a naked girl on Project Runway.

Kentaro: Thank you, bitch.

Michael: [My design] looks like a stripper dress.

Michael: Do you have any of these?
Margarita: The balls? I feel like I saw some balls.
Kentaro: Was it mine?

Christina: I'm not naked so I'm pretty happy about that.

Liris: I look like Pocahontas is about to go play football.

Tim: We have Christina wearing Michael.
Christina: The hooker has arrived.
Zac: She said it.
Christina: This is the second time I've been called a hooker on this show.
Nina: It's not personal.

• Love 3

Kentaro: I have nothing against boxing but I don't like to hit people.

Kenya: I hate forcing creativity. It seems kind of rude.

Kentaro: I think this [pant] looks better. It looks like I have huge penis.

Brandon: [Kentaro] has a hoodie and a turtleneck. I have a hoodie and a turtleneck. But they're different.

Kentaro: I make my dress quicker than Cup of Noodle.

• Love 4

Totally random, but I laugh every time I recall last season's Nathalia saying, "I am literally spiralling into an abyss". Not only is it ridiculously melodramatic, but there's also the insistence that it was literally happening that makes it hilarious. It may not be for her designs, but at least I remember her for something?

Edited by Oholibamah
  • Love 3

Tim: [The music you composed] is beautiful. What gave you this idea?
Kentaro: I found a dead cat on the street.
Tim: ....
Kentaro: Yeah.
Tim: ....

[for the record, I don't find dead cats funny, but Tim's silence in response totally cracked me up]

Kenya: Siimple and glowy with a touch of smack your momma.

• Love 10
(edited)

Since Claire is now claiming that she was confused by the barrage of questions and what exactly was being asked of her, I went back to rewatch S16.E9 to see what everyone originally said.

Backstage with Tim:

Michael: If you reference every single one of [Claire's] looks, it has been a direct rip off of stuff they have worn, stuff that is in their closet.
Tim: If you wanted to, you could measure the garment that you're wearing in the room.
Margarita: Claire and Shawn told us one day that they measured their clothes.
Tim: You have measuring tapes at your work stations.

On the runway:

Batani: So there was a situation with Margarita's top in which Claire had...
Claire: Did she think that I knocked off her top from the last challenge?
Kenya: You did!
Claire: Is that what the whole issue is?
Batani: And in addition, she was measuring her own pants and so-
Claire: I literally took a pair of pants I had, measured them to a T, and then made the exact same pant.
Zac: You rubbed off the pant.
Claire: I referenced a pair of pants to compare.
Gigi Hadad's mom: She's fine. That's fine.
Margarita: And you recreated the tank for the good and evil challenge and that's what bothers me and I didn't want to say anything because it's not my business.
Claire: It's a tank top!

Backstage with Tim:

Michael: She has a retractable ruler in the apartment that she goes home and measures her garments for proportion, for fit.
Tim: How do you know that?
Michael: I've seen it and we discussed it and she has mentioned it to me.
Tim: Well, we will look into this.
Michael: She writes down the measurements either on a piece of paper or her hand and comes back and drafts the pattern instantaneously.
Tim: If this is happening, it must stop.

On the runway:

Gigi Hadad's mom: Are you a judge on this show or are you a participant?
Michael: No, but I do see what happens in the workroom and I do see what happens back home in the apartment and it is not something that I agree with. I can honestly go through every single look that Claire created throughout the season and tell you exactly where that reference comes from and it becomes the point where it's not only a reference or inspiration but a direct design of stuff they own.
Claire: But I don't think that's honestly true. There are so many occasions where we see things and absorb them-
Gigi Hadad's mom: And put your own twist on it.
Margarita: Absolutely. And my point, Claire, was the top you presented in your critique with Tim was exactly like my JCPenney asymmetrical keyhole peplum.
Heidi: But you're not the first one to invent that either.
Margarita: No, totally not.
Heidi: I think you guys all borrow from each other. I think being here together in this tight space, you inspire each other so there's nothing wrong with that. The only thing that you're not allowed to do is go on the internet here.
Michael: There is no need for internet when you brought the pieces that you're ripping off.
Claire: Omigawd.
Gigi Hadad's mom: Yeah, but I don't think you guys' focus should be on that. Focus on being better and not on what other people are doing because it's going to block your own growth.
Nina: You know your own strength and your own creative power and you don't need to dip into anybody else's.
Zac: If you focus on what other people are doing, it doesn't lead to success.

Backstage:

Tim: This whole thing about copying Margarita, a total non issue. But if Claire used a measuring tape or other tools outside the workroom, that is absolutely against the rules and there will be consequences.

Talking head:

Claire: I don't even care about the win at this point. What frustrates me to no end is that people think I have been ripping off my own clothes.

Designers' lounge:

Claire: So I won the challenge.
Ayana: Wow, congratulations.
Claire: But...
Amy: What's the but?
Claire: It appears that no one thinks that I deserve to win the challenge.

Talking head:

Claire: I feel like I literally was hit by a truck.

Designers' lounge:

Claire: It was a shit show.
Claire: [to Ayana] You design things that are very similar to the aesthetic that you wear.
Kenya: I make peplum on the bottom but my design is very strategic to what it is that I'm doing.
Claire: My top was different than anything I own. Is it because there was money on the line? Seriously.
Kentaro: I don't know.
Claire: But what is it then? Honestly, Margarita-
Margarita: I think at the end of the day, it was a print challenge, you had a beautiful print-
Claire: Thank you.
Michael: I handled it in a poor way and I wholeheartedly apologize. I never intended for it to fester and to just come out like that but I think in the competition setting, I was feeling very-
Claire: I wish you would have talked about this with me. It feels like what's being voiced right now is a personal attack on me.
Margarita: Honestly I wish it would have been in a different setting and I understand how you reacted.
Michael: Quite honestly, I take design very seriously because it is my life and when I see the industry that I love being twisted and rehashed-
Claire: I do not own a top that looks anything like that top I just made.
Michael: Okay.
Claire: I DON'T.
Michael: Okay. The top that you guys created for the good and evil challenge - Shawn was wearing that top that day.
Claire: We did not use the top that she was wearing.
Margarita: You guys speced the top and drew it. It was on the table.
Amy: Where, at home?
Margarita: Yeah.
Claire: I measured a tank top and I drew out a shape and I put-
Margarita: With measurements.
Claire: Four measurements on it. I put four measurements on it.
Amy: Hold it. But that means you had a tape measure at home which is explicitly against the rules.
Ayana: Whoa.

Talking head:

Amy: There are rules for Project Runway that are there for a reason, and that creates a level playing field for everyone.

Designers' lounge:

Claire: I have a tape measure.
Amy: Which is explicitly against the rules.
Claire: Then they can take it.
Margarita: And I think that's what bothers us about the fairness.

Talking head:

Margarita: Claire is measuring garments with a tape measure we're not allowed to have outside of the workroom. Bottom line - that's what's wrong here.

Designers' lounge:

Margarita: We cannot have tape measures or pens or papers outside of the workroom.
Claire: It's a tank!
Margarita: And we're not allowed to do it and it's unfair to the rest of us.
Tim: All right, first things first. Claire-
Claire: Yes.
Tim: Is it true that you have had a measuring tape in your room?
Claire: I have a measuring tape
Tim: Is it true that you’ve been measuring garments in your room?
Claire: I have measured a tank top and I have measured the crotch of a pair of pants.
Tim: All right, Claire, we must rescind your win and send you home.
Claire: Okay. It's fine. It's fine.

Backstage:

Tim: Claire's possession of the measuring tape in her hotel room and the fact that she used it to measure clothes that she owns and to make specifications is what is against the rules here.

Talking head:

Claire: I'm very regretful that I even considered the idea of holding on to something that I shouldn’t have had.

At the apartment:

Margarita: This whole time, I knew what was going on but I also don't want to be that contestant who's like, "Oh, well she's cheating."

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

And the revised story that Claire tried to tell at the reunion:

Claire: That entire situation for me was a blur. I literally felt an onslaught of negativity of things that were coming my way. It happened so fast that I don't feel I was able to articulate and adequately express my side of the story.

Tim: This is your opportunity. What is your side of the story?

Claire: So yes, I admitted to having a measuring tape. I had absentmindedly taken it home one day from the work room because come on, things happen. You have late nights. Things get misplaced. They get put in pockets. And things come home.

Amy: Yes, but then they get returned to the workroom the next day if you do something accidentally and even if you don't return it, you don't use it.

Tim: That's exactly right. You said to me you were using it.

Claire: I was being accused of having the measuring tape but also of knocking off all of my designs.

Tim: Yes, using the measuring tape.

Claire: I didn't initially make the connection that that's what they were saying.

Amy: That's irrelevant. If a kid hides a textbook underneath a table to read it during a test, that's still cheating even if they don't use it, which you didn't need it which is the saddest thing about all of this.

Shawn: Amy, I'm sorry, but were you in the presence of Claire with said measuring tape? NO.

Tim: Wait one minute. On camera, Claire says to me that she used it to measure garments in the apartment.

Claire: I measured garments in the workroom, in the workroom bathroom-

Amy: That's not what you said when I said, "Do you have a tape measure?"

Claire: My God, how many questions were being thrown at me at once?

Amy: You know the truth. You either tell the truth or you don't. There's no confusion in that. You seem to be backpedaling a little bit.

Tim: Claire, I'm going to ask a question. Did you have a measuring tape in your apartment/hotel?

Claire: Yes, at one time I had-

Tim: Just yes.

Claire: Yes.

Tim: And did you use it?

Claire: I used [pauses, closes eyes, looks away]

Tim: Just yes or no. Did you use it?

Claire: No.

Deyonte:  Wow.

Margarita: I don't think you're telling the truth. Me and Batani lived in your room-

Amy: You don't need to provide evidence for someone who's already confessed and is now pretending like she didn't confess.

Margarita: You're right.

Amy: In your exit interview, you said you were regretful and you actually looked like you had a lot of integrity and we all kind of went oh, that was terrible that that went down and now that's not what's happening. It's a little surprising.

Tim: Claire, you made a confession in the designers' lounge and that's what I responded to. You said it yourself. We didn't need to go find anything. You said it.

Claire: I answered the question that I thought that I had heard, and the question was, "Did you have a measuring tape?" and I said yes because at one time I had brought a measuring tape home absentmindedly. You asked if I had taken measurements of clothing and I had said yes because I had taken measurements of clothing in the bathroom in the workroom.

Kenya: I'm confused.

Sentell: I have a question. Did you or did you not go against the rules and if so, do you apologize about that? Because I think this is your opportunity to kind of say, "You know what? I feel sorry. I apologize. It was against the rules. And you know what? It was bad judgment and it shouldn't have been done."

Claire: I know that this competition lends itself to extreme anxiety and paranoia.

Amy: This is such a waste of time.

Kenya: This has turned into the Claire and Shawn show. They're never going to own it.

Claire: What will be will be and...

Shawn: Let it lay.

Claire: Let it lie.

Margarita: That was a whole lot of nothing.

Shawn: Let's move on, Tim.

• Love 6

Jamall: Editorial is so freeing because you don't really have to worry about how this is going to function in the real world.

Bishme: I'm making a fancy hat.
Hester: Your lady's going to Spain?
Bishme: She's going to Spain to see her man. I always create a story for my looks because it helps put the model in the mood. So she met this guy online. She doesn't know if it's a catfish or not.
Hester: Omigawd, she's getting catfished in Spain.
Bishme: He bought her a ticket though so then she's a drug mule.
Hester: He just wants her to carry cocaine in her coochie.

Afa: Yesterday Christian tells me that it looks grandma-ish. Who's to say that grandma don't look good? My grandma looks good no matter what she wears!

• Love 11
(edited)

Sonia: I'm not making a robot.
Christian: Are you sure you're not making a robot with all that grey? Is ANYONE using color?
Tessa: Yes, I am! Kind of.
Christian: BROWN?

Christian: You're doing red too?
Rakan: Bordeaux.
Christian: That's basically red.
Rakan: Yeah, but it's bordeaux.

Christian: You're going to put a zipper right there on the boob?

• Love 3

Bishme: Maybe I'm Hestering.
Hester: Is that when you change your idea halfway through? Or like a million times?

Bishme: I was so close to Karlie I smelled her deodorant.

Hester: I have been obsessed with the idea of trying to make pasties elegant.

Sebastian: Titties on the runway!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hester, I think you might need a new obession that has more than a .5%  hands of becoming a reality.

• LOL 2

Karlie: Resting Bishme face.

Tessa: There are very pale people in the world. Me.

Hester: It's okay to be a weirdo, to be extra, to be fabulous. Put more glitter on it.

Tessa: Christian, can I borrow your lint roller?
Christian: I'm going to lint roll you.

• Love 2
(edited)

Tessa: When we met and we discussed her dream dress, she didn't really have anything specific in mind except that she said she likes black and charcoal. She does not like dark blue, she does not like dark green, she does not like red, she does not like burgundy, she does not like purple.
Nina: But she said she liked pink.
[flashback to]
Maria: I'm very girlie. Pink is my favorite color.
Tessa: My aesthetic as a designer is I typically design in blacks and greys.
Maria: ...I'm okay with grey and black.

Brandon: We talked in previous challenges about finishing the hem. Today it was clear that there was issues on finishing the seaming.
Tessa: Are you referring to the edges of the chiffonthat weren't finished? Because everything was cleanly finished on the skirt with the hem tape.
Brandon: So it wasn't sewn?
Tessa: Yeah, but a lot of the designers use fusable hem tape.
Brandon: Yeah, I know, but also a lot of designers finish the hem of their dresses too.

• Love 10

Christian: Are you getting all this?
Nancy: Not this. We've narrowed it.
Christian: "We've narrowed it"? To one two three four five six seven eight fabrics?
Nancy: Yes.
Christian: What are you making? A collection?

Alan: How does getting buttons work at this store?
Christian: You grab a box and you give it to them.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Geoffrey: I'm here with my tits out. Christian's got a great big smile on his face - not because of my tits.

Tyler: This is crazier than Black Friday at a Kmart in Ohio.

Alan: Who's singing? We need to talk.

Alan: That's a lot of boob. Wrong holiday party.

Alan: I'm just trying to bring titties on the runway!

• LOL 7
(edited)

Delvin: The advice that Sergio is giving Tyler - I just have one word: SABOTAGE!

Christian: This is literally the Britney schoolteacher look.
Marquise: But I love it!
Christian: ...

Brandon: I cannot see Karlie wearing this anywhere.
Tyler: Not even to dinner with the Kushners?
Everyone in the lounge: OMG! NO!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 12/20/2019 at 6:20 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Alan: I'm just trying to bring titties on the runway!

Hee!

I also think someone else on this show has said this or something similar before. I wish I could remember who it was.

On 8/24/2015 at 7:00 AM, Indy said:

Does anyone know which episode it was when Michael Kohrs proclaimed one of the designs to be "farty?"  I remember it was hilarious, but I can't remember what outfit he was referring to.

I think it was Wendy Pepper's outfit for the postal challenge in S1.

4 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Hee!

I also think someone else on this show has said this or something similar before. I wish I could remember who it was.

Probably Santino. He was a walking one-liner.

• Love 2
On 12/13/2019 at 6:03 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Christian: Are you getting all this?
Nancy: Not this. We've narrowed it.
Christian: "We've narrowed it"? To one two three four five six seven eight fabrics?
Nancy: Yes.
Christian: What are you making? A collection?

Alan: How does getting buttons work at this store?
Christian: You grab a box and you give it to them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH his SARCASM and DEADPAN I ADORE it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Probably Santino. He was a walking one-liner.

There might have been another time also, but I found the one I was thinking of quoted above, and apparently it was Sebastian:

On 4/26/2019 at 7:57 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Sadly Hester was not able to make pasties elegant... or even in any way sexy. If I remember correctly, she somehow made pasties look frumpy.

• Love 4
(edited)

Nancy: I see this print filled with swear words and I'm kind of looking at it as a liberating moment. What I didn't notice is there is one image scattered throughout - a pink dildo.

[Victoria chooses a floral Ashley Longshore print]
Victoria: So I hate flowers.
Everyone: ...
Ashley Longshore: You hate flowers?
Victoria: I don't like flowers.
[Christian throws his arms up in  the air]
Victoria: But I like the contrast between hard and...?
Christian: Okay. Alright.
Victoria: It's amazing. I love your work.
Ashley: Oh.

Christian: You know what those are, right?
Geoffrey: These are pancakes? Are they?
Ashley: That is not a pancake.
Christian: HONEY.
Geoffrey: Oh, balloons, balloons!
Ashley: No.
Geoffrey: Are they nipples? Nips are my favorites.

Ashley Longshore: I'm concerned about the literalness of the nipple.

Delvin: Sergio's advice is completely wrong. Circle skirts are pretty much the only thing that Sergio really does in different variations whether it's pleated, gathered, elongated, looped, twisted, pulled - circle skirt.

Geoffrey: No more 3D nips. Just quiet nips.

Victoria: How was your meeting with Ashley?
Geoffrey: It was good. She steered me away from a nipple party.
Victoria; She doesn't want nipple party?

Christian: I like this chain. I just don't like what you're doing with it.

Christian: It's a little Golden Girls pajamas.

Christian: Is that a wine pocket?
Nancy: This is the wine. This is the phone. And I'm hoping for a dildo pocket.
Christian: Love it.
Nancy: Because every coat needs a dildo pocket!

Geoffrey: You know I'm gay, right?

Brandon: [The fabric] says orgasm on it.
Ashley: Yeeeeeeees. Let's talk about that.

• LOL 1

Christian: Let's have a real chat. You can't keep doing this dress. It's too similar to everything you keep making.
Victoria: This is totally different.
Christian: It's not. You keep doing these half high low one side one sleeve power shoulder long sleeve things. You've done it in like five looks.
Victoria: This is a totally different dress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1