Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Dance Your Heart Out

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

IIRC there was one who some of them thought wouldn't even get better with a makeover.  

I have only watched once so far, but I'm off today and the weekend as well, so will watch it more, and see who it was.

As much as i love participating in the fan vote, it appears to be creating a problem.  

Danielle seems to be Kelli's favorite to me.

I agree with whomever posted that Danielle is a Kelli favorite and I get it. Even though she has struggled a bit with weight in the past, I think Kelli likes that she keeps working hard and that she is from NY (not Texas)...it makes her different.

Danielle has definitely become one of Kelli's favorites. I think it's well-deserved. She's really made the commitment to maintain and improve each season. I know she was heartbroken about Jasmine getting cut, but her friend didn't put in the effort.

There's a bonus video on their site showing the reveal of their swimsuit magazine/calendar? and not only did Danielle make the cover, she's featured all through the issue. 

• Love 4

Colby does NOT look 31!

I think Jasmine bowed out gracefully considering how much she loved the DCC. She is also handling it well on social media, much better than Chelsea who takes a shot at K&J every chance she gets while still trying to live off of the glory of being a former DCC.

I wish they picked Jasmine over some of the rookie candidates though because they know what she's capable of and some of the candidates are obviously never going to make the team. They could have given her a warning and let her work towards it, but I guess there's no loyalty in this process.

I am in love with Megan and I can't believe she got one no from the judges. She has the dance skills and is beautiful and poised.

**The new episode is on demand already and is available on the cmt app.

• Love 6

A good example of Colby's fluctuating accent is a few seconds into her first talking head where she talks about dancing like you're "Twen-Tee" (British) and who doesn't want to dance like they're "twuhnny" (American/Kitty).  It's a bit subtle, but it stuck out to me right away!

I also don't get how the girls can be so nervous about the panel interview.  The questions are not hard, really.  I guess watching this show, I forget I'm pretty much twice the age of these girls and have gone on plenty of job interviews.  I keep thinking the panel interview should be fun and exciting!  Not to mention the easiest part of auditioning ;)

• Love 5

I will start by saying that I really like Jasmine...as a person. She seems like she has all the qualities of a great team member and friend. However she has never been a strong dancer. I think she has been given negative criticism every season because of her dancing. And if she knows it isn't strong, she then knows she needs to dominate in other areas. If she took a breath in the interview and said, "wow. So many questions to ask him" it would have served her better than the default "yikes, I don't know" look. She looked beautiful this season though

Danielke is a tough, strong female with a sharp wit. I think Kelli has always liked that about her. And after almost not making the squad two years ago and losing jasmine, calling her first may have been a way to soften the sting.

I was surprised they didn't show the vets reacting to the cuts as they do every year. It must have been so painful.

I may be in the minority but I like Madeleine's look. The previews, however, seem to show her at practice without the heavy makeup of the others and she looks washed out. Still, I think she's pretty

I am not a Colby fan but I do know when you live somewhere for a while, you do/ can pick up the accent or patterns. I used to tease my best friend that she must have secretly been born onLong Island because so many of her college roommates were from there. She sounded like an Island girl within three months.

Liked Courtney in episode 1...now she is turning into the Chelsea camera hog of the season.

And as for Breelens interview, you should be prepared for all style of questions as to why you love being a DCC, what the team means to you, how it has changed you, best experience, etc. and if not, fake it better.

Can't wait for first practice!

Edited by English Teacher
  • Love 4

I wish they picked Jasmine over some of the rookie candidates though because they know what she's capable of and some of the candidates are obviously never going to make the team. They could have given her a warning and let her work towards it, but I guess there's no loyalty in this process.

ITA. I especially think that they should have kept Jasmine or Breelan, who are gorgeous and have done the job well before, over that unfortunate Taylor woman. 

FIrst, and foremost, her kicks are AWFUL. Just hideous. And she readily admits to this. And no amount of stretching or whatever the fuck is going to EVER make her an asset in a kickline. And on the shallow end of the pool here - Taylor has a horse mouth. Sorry, but her mouth/teeth sitch are not good. She definitely seems nice and sincere, unlike oh say, Colby, but it's so obvious that Taylor will be cut halfway through training camp, that it's sort of a joke.

• Love 4

I just posted this as a spoiler in the episode 1 thread, in relation to questions about whether the show was airing tonight or tomorrow night, but because it comes from the CMT sneak peek for episode 2, I think it more properly belongs here.  Apparently, Kitty Carter says to someone (Taylor, I think): 

"God grabbed your crack, and went BOOM!"

For me, this might be the strangest thing she's ever said on TV (which is saying something), and I can't wait to find out the fuller context for that remark!

If you haven't found the context already, here's a post with the GIF that shows Kitty pulling on an imaginary string attached to the girl's butt and pulling it up, to show the height she wants it lifted. http://www.tvruckus.com/2015/08/13/dcc-making-the-team-preview-miss-kitty-and-the-interviews-add-drama-tonight/

I must say that this was the best DCC episode I've ever seen, meaning the most meaty.  I had jaw-dropping moments that have never experienced  before.

One of my favorite moments was the reaction Mickey had when he saw the front runners of the fan vote. It was hilarious.

When the judge (was it Mickey?) told the others that EVEN WITH a makeover, Madeline will never be pretty enough...that was the topper of the night for me, even over Kelli's shock that Amy's breasts were real. 

• Love 1

Why the hell does Colby use that fake British accent when she even told she is originally from Texas and only moved to London after college?! No one who is born in the US suddenly acquires a British accent just from living over there for a few years. That's ridiculous and she sounds idiotic when she talks.

Replying in "Small Talk" so the thread doesn't get derailed...

• Love 1

Tired of Courtney too. Maybe she wants a career in journalism/reporting. There's a video about the 2015-16 DSIG auditions that she " narrates". Have a feeling she'll be a spokes model for the DSIG this season. 

I will start by saying that I really like Jasmine...as a person. She seems like she has all the qualities of a great team member and friend. However she has never been a strong dancer. I think she has been given negative criticism every season because of her dancing. And if she knows it isn't strong, she then knows she needs to dominate in other areas. If she took a breath in the interview and said, "wow. So many questions to ask him" it would have served her better than the default "yikes, I don't know" look. She looked beautiful this season though

Danielke is a tough, strong female with a sharp wit. I think Kelli has always liked that about her. And after almost not making the squad two years ago and losing jasmine, calling her first may have been a way to soften the sting.

I was surprised they didn't show the vets reacting to the cuts as they do every year. It must have been so painful.

I may be in the minority but I like Madeleine's look. The previews, however, seem to show her at practice without the heavy makeup of the others and she looks washed out. Still, I think she's pretty

I am not a Colby fan but I do know when you live somewhere for a while, you do/ can pick up the accent or patterns. I used to tease my best friend that she must have secretly been born onLong Island because so many of her college roommates were from there. She sounded like an Island girl within three months.

Liked Courtney in episode 1...now she is turning into the Chelsea camera hog of the season.

And as for Breelens interview, you should be prepared for all style of questions as to why you love being a DCC, what the team means to you, how it has changed you, best experience, etc. and if not, fake it better.

Can't wait for first practice!

I liked Jasmine too but she was never a strong dancer. I remember Kelli l telling her in season 8 to dance like her spot depends on it.

The only vet I saw upset was Calia hugging Breelan & Ashley .

They didn't show  a lot of names getting called. I counted 11 and then Colby,  then the last 4. 

So tired of the cut vets/finalists with their same old saying (excuses):

* I did my best/ don't know what I could've done better, don't understand why/what happened

*God has a better plan for me

* I moved my entre life from ____ to Texas do this 

• Love 6

Danielle has definitely become one of Kelli's favorites. I think it's well-deserved. She's really made the commitment to maintain and improve each season. I know she was heartbroken about Jasmine getting cut, but her friend didn't put in the effort.

There's a bonus video on their site showing the reveal of their swimsuit magazine/calendar? and not only did Danielle make the cover, she's featured all through the issue. 

OOOOOO!!!  Where is the item you discussed in your spoiler??  I would love to see it!  On the CMT website or DCC?

I happen to know Jasmine is an Obama supporter from her Twitter; thought she'd have a better answer (although her answer wasn't necessarily bad.). I'm surprised someone like Taylor made it at all. Colby may change the fan vote process- there's no way she deserved to make it to TC- I didn't even think she should have made finals.

• Love 2

I think they were mostly surprised by Colby.

The other 2 seemed surprising as well to me. What is the prevailing theory re: what's happening w/ the fan vote? Is it just girls with a lot of social media followers getting their internet minions and sub minions to generate votes for them? I would hope that personal acquaintances alone (like real family and friends that they actually know IRL) wouldn't be enough to make that big of difference, unless very few total people actually vote? Are vote count totals shown?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

Where is the item you discussed in your spoiler??  I would love to see it!  On the CMT website or DCC?

ChlcGirl the video was on the Dallas Cowboys proper site (not DCC) under the "Cheerleader" section which doesn't really make any sense, but there you go. It's mostly video and photo galleries of the promotional events and USO things that the ladies do in conjunction with the players.

You see Danielle holding up the magazine as the header.

• Love 1

The other 2 seemed surprising as well to me. What is the prevailing theory re: what's happening w/ the fan vote? Is it just girls with a lot of social media followers getting their internet minions and sub minions to generate votes for them? I would hope that personal acquaintances alone (like real family and friends that they actually know IRL) wouldn't be enough to make that big of difference, unless very few total people actually vote? Are vote count totals shown?

. I was thinking about this because Colby has 10 years of living over a lot of these girls....that means she has 10 years of jobs, different groups of friends, moving locations ways gives you complete different groups that now know you...and those connections then have connections, etc. But I think the big one was she worked for a media company. All of her former coworkers are then in Media and this is what they do best. I love the idea of the fan vote and don't blame any girl who uses everything in her arsenal. let's not forget DCC gets the media exposure, different groups coming to their website and learning about the show that may not have done so otherwise, etc. The easy work around is to invite 2 additional girls that are on the margin. That way if you do not like the fan choice they really haven't "taken" anyone's spot. I think Colby really can dance, I just don't think she has a DCC look...but it doesn't matter what I think since she got the fan vote and that's part of the game. I hope she makes the most of it. Edited by mardo4
  • Love 1

Loving Holly. Like her personality and energy. She seems so real and down to earth and mature for her age. She really attacked that solo and I hope she makes the team. She's my favorite. Not mad at Colby, the 31 year old. If you can still have all that energy at 31, I say go for it.

• Love 5

Editing some of the original posts, just to save space...

*  God knows these women are in FAR better shape than I am, but why in world would Breelan and Ashley P go into finals without looking as good as they possibly could???  The veterans are held to a higher standard than the rookies - they KNOW what is expected of DCC.  I think both girls are lovely, but geez,  I find it hard to feel bad for them since they torpedoed themselves.

Especially since last season K&J said specifically that it would be less painful just to cut out-of-shape vets at auditions.

- I don't understand why all this "technique" is so important for the cheerleaders to have when 1) it'll likely only be showcased during Show Group and 2) the dance to the DCC style which isn't as "technical" as they'd like to make it seem.

This has always confused me as well.  The fact that a person can tap dance, or dance lyrically, or do ballet, seems completely unrelated to whether they can dance in the "DCC style."  I wonder how much the solos are weighted in the judging, as compared to some of the other criteria.

Why the hell does Colby use that fake British accent when she even told she is originally from Texas and only moved to London after college?! No one who is born in the US suddenly acquires a British accent just from living over there for a few years. That's ridiculous and she sounds idiotic when she talks.

My parents lived in London for about 4 years -- they didn't acquire any kind of accent at all.  Once when they were back in the U.S. for a visit, we went out to eat and our waitress had an accent very similar to Colby's.  We were so intrigued about the accent, that we finally asked if she was from the U.K.  She said that she had an "affiliation" for England.  Bottom line:  after some gentle questioning, it came out that she had never been outside of Florida...she just always wanted to go there!  :-)  

I'm not sure if it's "no loyalty" or if it's just too hard to bring someone in to Training Camp, have to ride them to lose weight, improve dancing, etc., and then go through the pain/awkwardness of ultimately having to cut them.

On the one hand, a vet was once in good enough shape to make the team, so it's easier to make an argument for letting them in to TC.  Any rookie that's even slightly out of shape is an unknown....maybe she can tone up, maybe she can't.  On the other hand, any veteran that doesn't realize by now that kind of weight gain is not going to go undetected by K&J is fooling herself.  

Someone posted upthread about Amy needed double-sided tape.  She needed more than that....even without the risk of something popping out, there needed to be some support.   That was just a bad costume choice all around.

Finally, I need to rewatch -- esp. since no one else has commented here, which makes me think I misheard or completely made this up in my head -- but did Kitty say something completely inappropriate to one or two of the girls?  Not the comment about pulling the crack up, but something else....something that seemed like she was leering at one of the girls or commenting almost in a sexual way?  I wasn't paying 100% attention, but I remember sort of hearing one of her comments and thinking, "What the heck was that about?"

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 1

Editing some of the original posts, just to save space...

Especially since last season K&J said specifically that it would be less painful just to cut out-of-shape vets at auditions.

This has always confused me as well.  The fact that a person can tap dance, or dance lyrically, or do ballet, seems completely unrelated to whether they can dance in the "DCC style."  I wonder how much the solos are weighted in the judging, as compared to some of the other criteria.

My parents lived in London for about 4 years -- they didn't acquire any kind of accent at all.  Once when they were back in the U.S. for a visit, we went out to eat and our waitress had an accent very similar to Colby's.  We were so intrigued about the accent, that we finally asked if she was from the U.K.  She said that she had an "affiliation" for England.  Bottom line:  after some gentle questioning, it came out that she had never been outside of Florida...she just always wanted to go there!  :-)  

I'm not sure if it's "no loyalty" or if it's just too hard to bring someone in to Training Camp, have to ride them to lose weight, improve dancing, etc., and then go through the pain/awkwardness of ultimately having to cut them.

On the one hand, a vet was once in good enough shape to make the team, so it's easier to make an argument for letting them in to TC.  Any rookie that's even slightly out of shape is an unknown....maybe she can tone up, maybe she can't.  On the other hand, any veteran that doesn't realize by now that kind of weight gain is not going to go undetected by K&J is fooling herself.  

Someone posted upthread about Amy needed double-sided tape.  She needed more than that....even without the risk of something popping out, there needed to be some support.   That was just a bad costume choice all around.

Finally, I need to rewatch -- esp. since no one else has commented here, which makes me think I misheard or completely made this up in my head -- but did Kitty say something completely inappropriate to one or two of the girls?  Not the comment about pulling the crack up, but something else....something that seemed like she was leering at one of the girls or commenting almost in a sexual way?  I wasn't paying 100% attention, but I remember sort of hearing one of her comments and thinking, "What the heck was that about?"

To your last paragraph, I think you are referring to when she was telling Kaleigh (tall busty blonde) how sexual her costume was, like how awesomely risqué it was, that she was expecting her to pop out but she didn't.  I don't think she was trying to be creepy, but I think the way she phrased it was weird because it kind of made me go ehhhhh too  LOL  She know Kaleigh pretty well though, Kaleigh was a regular at her studio for prep and what not this spring.  She probably felt comfortable teasing her about it but who knows...

• Love 3

did Kitty say something completely inappropriate to one or two of the girls? Not the comment about pulling the crack up, but something else....something that seemed like she was leering at one of the girls or commenting almost in a sexual way? I wasn't paying 100% attention, but I remember sort of hearing one of her comments and thinking, "What the heck was that about?"

"That costume is horribly risqué naughty, and I love it! ...This is not fair I wanted one of your boobs to fall out or something. Nothing happened, well there you go." I just think it was classic Kitty. like when she called a dancer "nasty" last year in critique and she meant it in the nicest way. Edited by mardo4
  • Love 3

rewatched the episode and at kitty's studio Amy's costume had a neutral strap and at solos it did not. which means either she wore a bra at practice and did not at finals which I can't really imagine doing... Always dress rehearse with complete costume. Or the strap fell or broke. :(

• Love 1

Thank you, LaurenBrook and mardo4, yes, that was it.  Thanks for refreshing my memory and providing some insight.  

I still cringe at the double standard that Kitty can say whatever's on her mind, criticize someone's hair, looks, etc., but she doesn't have to maintain any level of professionalism herself.  On a general note, it seems like a number of things that Kitty says -- in that environment with so many other people there, and knowing it was being filmed -- are inappropriate and a little unfair because she wields some power in the decisions that are made, so everyone has to kind of sit there and take it.  Even if Kaleigh wasn't personally offended in this case.

I just loved Megan and her Dad at the end hugging. He was such a big teddy bear type, very manly and he is just soaking in all she has to say about this very girlie endeavor. Too cute!

• Love 2

On a general note, it seems like a number of things that Kitty says -- in that environment with so many other people there, and knowing it was being filmed -- are inappropriate and a little unfair because she wields some power in the decisions that are made, so everyone has to kind of sit there and take it. Even if Kaleigh wasn't personally offended in this case.

I agree that she is unfiltered and has a very unconventional style. I personally would not like to be subjected to her comments. She obviously feels her "no holds barred" approach is effective. It is a tough call for the dancers, though, because one would probably like the feedback in any form rather than k&j making that decision at judges table and not making cuts as a result. Now that there are other former DCCs teaching classes, it will be interesting to see if candidates vote with their dollars. They still will be subjected to her stings in training camp. Edited by mardo4

I don't think the final three fan vote candidates or that Colby won will stop the fan vote at all. Fans voting is a way to get the DCC fanbase involved in the audition process as well as invested in tuning in for DCC:MTT. Vivian didn't make the team the first time they did the voting, Loren made it the second time, and the third time is Colby. They'll keep doing it.

I'm not sure why all the controversy and discussion on Colby's accent. It had bits of London and Texas, and that's perfectly understandable if one lived in London for several years. I guess she's this year's Vivian, huh? A polarizing figure?  Yes, she has one squinty eye and a clench-teeth smile, but I think it's terrific that she's 31 and made it to TC, even with the fan vote. It's great that she's given it a go.

I think Kitty's comments to the girls about reaching for their "crack" etc. was totally out of line and in very bad taste. Kitty has always given the unadulterated truth to the girls as she sees it. Some things I agree with, some not. But she went to a new low this year and just got unnecessarily bawdy and crass. It was unworthy of her and the DCC organization, of which she purports to represent.  I'm not surprised CMT cut that out of the airing.

• Love 2

Orainche- I was wondering why you were subjecting yourself to torture waiting for both episodes. now I understand. I wish I could say you didn't miss much but you know that isn't true. hang in there for your MTT fix. :(

• Love 4

Orainche- I was wondering why you were subjecting yourself to torture waiting for both episodes. now I understand. I wish I could say you didn't miss much but you know that isn't true. hang in there for your MTT fix. :(

Haha, well actually it's because of my work schedule, but episode 1 was up by this time last Friday. I am officially irritated!

ETA I'm watching it now on CMT. Just super annoying that I'm resorting to this when I bought the Amazon season pass.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

The easy work around is to invite 2 additional girls that are on the margin. That way if you do not like the fan choice they really haven't "taken" anyone's spot.

I could be completely full of crap, but I was under the impression that if the fan vote winner is someone K&J would not have taken into TC, the winner is just an extra person who makes it to TC.

Since I'm late watching the episode, I doubt I will have any unique thoughts here, but I will share regardless.

- I found Jasmine almost a bit complacent in her talking head. Her comments were something along the lines of "I feel that I've done everything I can do to earn my spot back." Really? What we saw of her solo was just dreadful. Her body placement and the way she moves is just weird. Granted she was never the best dancer, but Kelli even commented that she danced like she did in her first year. So I don't know how she can really say that she did everything she could do. Maybe she just said that for the cameras and didn't really feel it, but something about her facial expressions made her seem entitled to me. I could be reading it completely wrong, and will add I have always liked Jasmine's personality. She just rubbed me the wrong way this time.

- I felt bad for Ashley Pro, and while she didn't come across as entitled or complacent, she made the "I don't understand" comment. I mean, really? Not only was her solo kind of a mess, but she didn't do a clean routine on the field either. That's not going to fly as a veteran.

- Breelan looked really bad. I really hate to say that, but she just looked bad. Even her face was puffy. She's been heavy for a while (by DCC standards) -- I noticed it during the swimsuit calendar fittings and photo shoots. You'd think that she would have worked to get some of that off before finals. Of course maybe she did and she's having some kind of hormonal imbalance, who knows. She's still a gorgeous girl and has a great body by normal standards, but again, that's not going to fly for a veteran DCC.

- I was terrified during Amy's solo. What was she thinking with that costume? I'm sure Neal McCoy was thoroughly enjoying himself.

- I'm so glad that Holly Marie is getting the attention she deserves. She has been my absolute favorite ever since the fan vote. I didn't realize then that she is only 18. She is a star and I hope she gives us five years!

- Megan C. is also awesome and I'm glad to see that she does not look heavy on the show (same goes for Holly). I thought both of them photographed a little heavy when we first saw pictures of the training camp candidates, so I was worried that they would be given a hard time about it in finals/at camp. On television neither one of them looks heavy at all, so hurray.

- I was embarrassed for the top three girls in the fan vote during the judges' reaction to their reveal. I kind of felt like it was a little unprofessional for the judges to act so shocked, and to laugh about it and yell, "REALLY?!" After all, the organization set up the fan vote, and they had to know that the girls picked weren't going to be the best dancers or the prettiest girls every time. It's just disrespectful.

- Having said that, I wish Colby hadn't won because I'm tired of her already. If Madeline had won the fan vote maybe we would have had a different TCC, or just one less, since Madeline made it to TC anyway.

- Several people commented on Kayleigh looking older in the face last week, but I didn't even notice her. This week I noticed. She is beautiful and looks to be a great dancer, but she really does look too old in the face to be a DCC. That makes me sad for her.

- I was surprised Simone was as weak as she was.

Not quite sure how she made it onto the team, especially considering she got injured. We shall see.

- Did Charlotte really make the comment that Kashara has a "larger saddle than most"? I'm assuming she was referring to her ass. Charlotte is just gross.

- My last thought is that I feel like we haven't seen enough of the girls. There are so many that got picked for TC that we haven't seen at all -- Chantel and Stephanie come to mind at the moment. I hope they all get some attention once we get into training camp.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

I'm another that came late to the DCC party (I don't have cable, but get it through iTunes and watch it the next day).

However, I don't really like Colby.  Her dancing seems really off to me, like she's not counting or she's just physcially slower than the other girls.  Whatever it is, it's distracting to me.  I also don't think she's all that pretty (though she seems to think she is) and she almost seems entitled, like she should just be handed the uniform now and not have to work for it.  If it's true that she wouldn't have made it into Training Camp without the fan vote, she should be thanking her lucky stars that she was, especially if she's told that she wouldn't have made it into Camp without it.  That's one scene I want to see.

I feel bad for Ashley Pro.  Of the cut vets, she seemed to want it the most.  However, I agree that vets shouldn't get lost in the combo and they shouldn't be experiencing field shock at this point in the game.  I don't care if you're coming back for your second year or your seventh, you should be able to perform on the field.  However, I don't feel sorry for Jasmine or for Breelan.  Jasmine didn't seem to care at all, though she could be hiding it really well and I wouldn't know.  It really has to sting that you got cut going into your fourth year.  However, you have to step it up as a veteran and really bring it.  If you can't bring it for whatever reason, if you just don't give a flying flip (no pun intended), or whatever, you don't get your spot back.  If it's a medical issue, we've seen veterans be up front about it and that saves their hides and veterans hide it and get cut for hiding it.  Judy and Kelly know the vets well enough by now to know when things are off.  Melissa even seemed embarrassed by her connection to Breelan.  To me, it looked like she gained weight and lost definition in her midsection.  A lot of steroids (the kind given by doctors for medical reasons) and other medicines would seem to make a girl gain weight all over, not just in one section.  However, Breelan did look heavier in the face as well as the midsection.  Not good for a vet.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of one-and-dones on this year's team.  Some of them might be because they just haven't improved enough over the year to warrant bringing them back into camp and some that leave on their own terms for their own reasons after the first year.  I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.  Did I see Judy comforting Jasmine before she left or was I imagining things?  I though I saw a picture of her comforting Danielle (poor girl, losing her best friend on the squad like that).  However, given what we saw tonight makes me wonder if Jasmine would have felt the same way if Danielle had gotten cut a few years back or if she would have gone on like nothing happened.  If Jasmine was on the bubble for so long (if the rumors I've heard are true), then it might have been Danielle that kept her there for so long and finally, they couldn't do that anymore for Jasmine's sake as well as Danielle's.

Ugh, why is this episode still not available on Amazon?! I bought the season pass so I could watch the show on my TV instead of my computer and now I'm going to have to watch it on the damn CMT site.

I know! I'm pissed about it too! The CMT website is horrible with all the stopping and buffering and endless commercials.

• Love 1

Download the AdBlock Plus add on and it will solve the commercial issue.

True but the constant buffering is total pain in the ass. I finally just bought just this episode on iTunes since it's up on there while I wait for Amazon to get their shit together where I got the season pass. 

True but the constant buffering is total pain in the ass. I finally just bought just this episode on iTunes since it's up on there while I wait for Amazon to get their shit together where I got the season pass.

Haha, I'm way too much of a cheapskate for that. I sucked it up and watched it on CMT.com. It doesn't buffer for me except during the slots where commercials would be if I didn't have an ad blocker. I wouldn't mind watching it this way aside from the fact that I prefer to watch it on TV.

Edited by Oranaiche

I feel bad for Ashley Pro.  Of the cut vets, she seemed to want it the most.  However, I agree that vets shouldn't get lost in the combo and they shouldn't be experiencing field shock at this point in the game.  I don't care if you're coming back for your second year or your seventh, you should be able to perform on the field.  However, I don't feel sorry for Jasmine or for Breelan.  Jasmine didn't seem to care at all, though she could be hiding it really well and I wouldn't know.  It really has to sting that you got cut going into your fourth year.  However, you have to step it up as a veteran and really bring it.  If you can't bring it for whatever reason, if you just don't give a flying flip (no pun intended), or whatever, you don't get your spot back.  If it's a medical issue, we've seen veterans be up front about it and that saves their hides and veterans hide it and get cut for hiding it.  Judy and Kelly know the vets well enough by now to know when things are off.  Melissa even seemed embarrassed by her connection to Breelan.  To me, it looked like she gained weight and lost definition in her midsection.  A lot of steroids (the kind given by doctors for medical reasons) and other medicines would seem to make a girl gain weight all over, not just in one section.  However, Breelan did look heavier in the face as well as the midsection.  Not good for a vet.

Out of all the Vet cuts, Ashley was the one I felt for the most as well.  She's never had the standard "DCC" body, and I think she still looked good this year. I don't think she realized how much on the bubble she was. It seems her interview went well, and though she had a close call on her solo, I don't think that alone would have ended her DCC career. I think it was fumbling on the routine.  Ashley has never been quick at picking up routines, having only taken dance in the last couple years. I don't know when the Vets were taught the routine, but maybe she should have put in more time on practicing it.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda, I still feel bad for her.

I think Jasmine really wanted to come back for a 4th season. Her interview was a fumble but I thought she recovered nicely. But she stumbled on the turf too. So sad. She may have taken her trip to France to get away from the start of football season.

I didn't see Judy hugging Jasmine, so I'll have to watch again, see if I can catch that.  But did my ears deceive me, or did Judy say the combination the candidates learned for their video wasn't a good one...?  When the judges were deliberating, I thought she said something like no one looked good on that combination. Anyone else catch that?

• Love 1

Was it last season that Judy and Kelli said no more maybes for veterans. I do think it seems odd to go with an unknown than a proven vet, but if a vet knows the terrain, she needs to bring it

I do wish they gave Kelsey a shot...she is beautiful and a good dancer. But not knowing Jerry Jones was the kiss of death.

• Love 4

I could be completely full of crap, but I was under the impression that if the fan vote winner is someone K&J would not have taken into TC, the winner is just an extra person who makes it to TC.

yes, you r technically correct... But then why did Kelli seem so annoyed? hence, I thought what is the harm to throw in a couple extra? Edited by mardo4

Always hard watching the vet cuts (and in this case, Danielle's reaction), even when legit.  Felt so bad for them.

Yeah, but if we viewers know about vets being cut for not being in shape or keeping up their dance skills, the cheerleaders ought to know. It's either stupid or cocky to think that you can get by on vet status alone. I don't feel nearly as sorry for the vets cut this year as I have in other seasons. Perhaps it was just better editing this year where they showed us that their dancing wasn't up to par, or in Breelan's case, showed us her jiggling stomach. There have been previous seasons where someone was cut for being overweight and I thought, "I wish I was that size." Kelly should take a look at herself on that jumbo screen. This year's cuts seemed totally legit. I call BS on the fan pick being that older (fake British) chick. I feel like those results were manipulated to create some drama. Does anyone really think that Kelly or Judy would have picked that woman even for finals? They made all those catty comments about her, but she's in training camp,or, more accurately, on the show, for drama in my opinion. 

• Love 1

Out of all the Vet cuts, Ashley was the one I felt for the most as well.  She's never had the standard "DCC" body, and I think she still looked good this year. I don't think she realized how much on the bubble she was.

. I am still sad about Ashley Pro. I understand but I am sorry to see her go.
  • Love 1
This has always confused me as well.  The fact that a person can tap dance, or dance lyrically, or do ballet, seems completely unrelated to whether they can dance in the "DCC style."  I wonder how much the solos are weighted in the judging, as compared to some of the other criteria.

I have long thought that the solos have two purposes. First to give the judges a chance to focus on (and scrutinize) each individual girl for a good long minute, without having to watch the same routine over and over 60 times. And second, to see if there's anything (special talents, theme ideas, etc)  they can use for show group. 

On the one hand, a vet was once in good enough shape to make the team, so it's easier to make an argument for letting them in to TC. 

And on the other hand, if a vet was once good enough, and couldn't motivate herself to stay at that level, how can you bring her into training camp and set the example that it's ok for the vets to be mediocre and coast onto the squad? No ma'am. Not while there is breath in Kelli Finglass' body.

"That costume is horribly risqué naughty, and I love it! ...This is not fair I wanted one of your boobs to fall out or something. Nothing happened, well there you go."

And actually, it was a pretty ugly costume.

I don't think the final three fan vote candidates or that Colby won will stop the fan vote at all.

I agree. It's just about generating interest in the squad. Having one person she doesn't particularly care for in training camp is no skin off Kelli's nose. She'll just cut her two weeks later and keep it moving.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4

SSAHotchner, I get what you are saying about Kelli harping on the girls' weights when she is hardly a twig and I agree with you. I would LOVE to have any of their figures, even the ones deemed out of shape. I just think that if you want to be a DCC you have to know that your body has to be beyond reproach. Especially since this show has been on. And the vets ESPECIALLY have to know this. There is no reason for a vet to go to tryouts with extra pounds on.

• Love 3

There was some terrible editing. They showed Mary walking to sit down to interview twice. Also showed Taylor standing with the candidates called... And then showed her being called.

I also paused to see the notes Kelly wrote about Kaleigh. She wrote bad 'profile' which I take to mean her face from the side? Pescatarian and plays golf lol

• Love 1

LOVED Holly -- but I bet they make her lose weight.  She has a bit of a square build that makes her look thick around the middle.

Taylor needs to lay off the white makeup around the eyes.  Her look just really turns me off.

Also, I'm sick of the misleading editing!  They made it appear that the Utah girl was the last one called last night, but as she's walking up, you can see vets still sitting in the audience.  I wish they'd just show us how it actually happened!

While I'm on the subject, I HATE during the interviews when they show a judge ask a girl a question and then they cut to another judge, who is seemingly reacting to the girl's answer, but you can tell that the judge is looking in a totally different direction from where the girl in question was sitting.

• Love 3