Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Dance Your Heart Out

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

She (the person who created it, a former internship employer of Madeline) was only asking for a $1000. Not a lot of money. I bet it was created for friends and family to have a way to support her. I thought it was cute her grandparents donated.

If my niece or a family friend was struggling to make a life long dream come true, I would give them $25 or $50 if they had a Go Fund Me site.

I would feel differently though if she asked for an unreasonable amount of money. $1000 is probably the cap I would go for.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode.

I

Edited by rose711
  • Love 1

Anyone can creat and Go Fund Me for anyone -- that one doesn't seem to indicate it was started by Madeline.

As for a go fund me for adoption, I am just going to assume you aren't really aware of what an adoption actually costs. It's a one time out lay in full of tens of thousands of dollars. Plenty of people have biological kids and donmt have that. It's not really indicative of "not being able to afford a child".

• Love 1

I don't know why these girls in TC get full fledged apartments. I'd be getting a room at Extended Stay America and pay by the week.

I would too. I remember Alex Hermes was staying in a hotel the 1st time she was in TC.

I also wonder about the ones who quit their jobs. What do they do if don't make the team?

• Love 1

I also wonder about the ones who quit their jobs. What do they do if don't make the team?

Sounds like DCC is such a big deal in TX, it's worth the risk? Most of them are so young, and early in their careers, that it shouldn't be too hard to begin again if they really had to... nothing ventured, nothing gained - and it's probably seen as being quite prestigious to even make TC.

From that perspective, perhaps it makes the "I want this so bad" tears a little less obnoxious. It's a big risk for the girls who are on the bubble. You'd want to be working hard, be in the shape of your life, and be getting those kicks up!!

I don't know why these girls in TC get full fledged apartments. I'd be getting a room at Extended Stay America and pay by the week.

Some of their leases are only 6 months. So they don't HAVE to commit to live there forever.

If I understood the interviews with Taylor correctly, this is her 3rd year of trying out?  Therefore I don't understand the low kicks at all. She's had at least 2 years, almost certainly more, to get her flexibility up to DCC standard, and it's not. Okay, I suppose if I were K&J&C, I might give a pass to an otherwise excellent dancer whom I'd never seen before, to see if she can improve flexibility enough in training camp, and maybe this was the first year that Taylor's really been on their radar in a positive way (I imagine it's hard to remember everybody you see at auditions). But that still doesn't explain why Taylor has been coming here for years and has low kicks and talks about not being very flexible. Has she not been working hard at it all that time? If you can't get to the standard in 2+ years, it's not going to happen over 8 or 10 weeks.

• Love 4

I was watching the episode again, and realized it was Kitty (not Judy) who said the choreography taught the finalists was weak.  Kitty said it during the rehearsal right after the sequence and kick portion, just before the finalist candidates went to change for their solos.  It just supported what nearly everyone here said; in that it looked pretty bad.  Someone said it was Mia's first choreography. She'll get better ... I hope. :)

I was watching the episode again, and realized it was Kitty (not Judy) who said the choreography taught the finalists was weak.  Kitty said it during the rehearsal right after the sequence and kick portion, just before the finalist candidates went to change for their solos.  It just supported what nearly everyone here said; in that it looked pretty bad.

When I heard it I thought Kitty meant that the auditioners danced the choreography poorly, not that it was bad in and of itself. I thought she was calling it "the choreography" to differentiate it from the solos. But I didn't pay much attention to the steps themselves to notice if the dance was constructed poorly or not so maybe you guys are right.

If I understood the interviews with Taylor correctly, this is her 3rd year of trying out?  Therefore I don't understand the low kicks at all. She's had at least 2 years, almost certainly more, to get her flexibility up to DCC standard, and it's not. Okay, I suppose if I were K&J&C, I might give a pass to an otherwise excellent dancer whom I'd never seen before, to see if she can improve flexibility enough in training camp, and maybe this was the first year that Taylor's really been on their radar in a positive way (I imagine it's hard to remember everybody you see at auditions). But that still doesn't explain why Taylor has been coming here for years and has low kicks and talks about not being very flexible. Has she not been working hard at it all that time? If you can't get to the standard in 2+ years, it's not going to happen over 8 or 10 weeks.

I completely agree. There's no excuse for her kicks. At all.

I was watching the episode again, and realized it was Kitty (not Judy) who said the choreography taught the finalists was weak.  Kitty said it during the rehearsal right after the sequence and kick portion, just before the finalist candidates went to change for their solos.  It just supported what nearly everyone here said; in that it looked pretty bad.  Someone said it was Mia's first choreography. She'll get better ... I hope. :)

I agree with JanetLand. Kitty said "overall I thought the choreography was boring; hopefully they'll step it up in their solos" suggesting that she was talking about their interpretation of the choreography.

..even though most people here do think the choreography itself WAS boring.

Really? I didn't take that interpretation because Kitty has never said the girls were en masse "boring" after they're choreography workout. Of course, as I've said before, we only get to see 95% of what's filmed, so I guess she could have said it before.  However, we thought the choreography was lacking, and most of us are amateurs. I'd be completely surprised if Kitty thought it was good, (though I suppose she wouldn't say that on camera. Course, being on camera didn't stop her from referring to the girls' "cracks.").

Watched episode 2 and Rockord Amy is kind of obnoxious. At Kitty's stuido she says before her solo." I do believe I have what it takes to make this team and will prove that to them". Then Kiity criticized it. I love the weird look Megan C gave her.  Then at finals solos she said " Watch me I'm about to kill it so you can go ahead and add me to your team". Talk about entitlement. The whole I moved my life from IIllnois to Texas story was getting old. She was pretty pissed when she didn't make it.

Also at Kitty's studio she told Kaleigh her costume was risqué and wanted one of her boobs to fall out. Too bad she didn't say it to Amy.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2

Watched episode 2 and Rockord Amy is kind of obnoxious. At Kitty's stuido she says before her solo." I do believe I have what it takes to make this team and will prove that to them". Then Kiity criticized it. I love the weird look Megan C gave her.  Then at finals solos she said " Watch me I'm about to kill it so you can go ahead and add me to your team". Talk about entitlement. The whole I moved my life from IIllnois to Texas story was getting old. She was pretty pissed when she didn't make it.

Also at Kitty's studio she told Kaleigh her costume was risqué and wanted one of her boobs to fall out. Too bad she didn't say it to Amy.

Yeah, poor Amy. I was so embarrassed for her too at the audition. That was hard to watch and the show really focused on it.

I don't mind the whole story of what girls give up to try to get on the team. The girls who aren't local all have to uproot their lives. Some of them have support from friends or family , but a number of them are on their own. In a way, it makes the pressure they are under more understandable. I feel the obsession with making the team can be really destructive if your life revolves around solely that one outcome.

I guess that is why having at least a part time job or school is important because you have other outlets.

• Love 1

I liked Amy - I thought she was cute and I loved her haircut. I can't figure out why she didn't know her wardrobe malfunction was inevitable! When she danced at Kitty's with that outfit on, she was wearing a bra.

I really enjoy seeing the great dancers do their thing. Holly's audition routine and the dark-haired rookie - is her name Meghan? - the one that Kelli said "looked like a well-trained, mature dancer." She was awesome......

• Love 1

I have to say, I kind of hope some of the girls follow this particular thread, because they need some big kid's pants talk.  Amy from Rockfield, whose solo uniform went wuuuhhh, I have a message for you: you don't have a RBF, you are a B.  If you can't drop the attitude, you don't ever deserve a spot.  I have watched that episode on demand about a hundred times, because it is so entertaining.  But Amy is a part of the entertainment, in a bad way.

Edited by qulevergrrl
  • Love 1

I have to say, I kind of hope some of the girls follow this particular thread, because they need some big kid's pants talk.  Amy from Rockfield, whose solo uniform went wuuuhhh, I have a message for you: you don't have a RBF, you are a B.  If you can't drop the attitude, you don't ever deserve a spot.  I have watched that episode on demand about a hundred times, because it is so entertaining.  But Amy is a part of the entertainment, in a bad way.

I guess that's how you interpret what you see briefly on TV.

I don't see that attitude problem at all. I have RBF for sure, so I can understand the interpretation of her attitude, but you only see a brief part of her..and that's not fair to call her that based on what you don't know.

• Love 1

I guess that's how you interpret what you see briefly on TV.

I don't see that attitude problem at all. I have RBF for sure, so I can understand the interpretation of her attitude, but you only see a brief part of her..and that's not fair to call her that based on what you don't know.

Of course that is my interpretation from what little I saw.  But I can say this: 1) DCC isn't fair, neither is reality television and 2) I wouldn't say that about any of the other candidates I saw, and she gave us plenty of sound bites.  I would say a couple are phony (Colby), and that is almost worse.  I love the sincere ones who can take it on the chin. This IS a different class of individuals.  If there was a flaw about one of the actual Cowboys, would we excuse it..."oh poor thing," or would we say, "there's no crying in football."  I'm not talking about literally crying.  But speaking of REAL crying, she never shed a tear.  No tears.  That was bad fake crying.  Pull up your big kids pants or go home (Rose, etc.).  Look at the ones who are amazing, and check out THEIR attitude (Holly, Robin, Megan rookie).  THOSE LADIES ARE WORLD CLASS! BTW, I did make the error of saying she's from Rockfield.  I meant Rockford. 

Edited by qulevergrrl

But speaking of REAL crying, she never shed a tear.  No tears.  That was bad fake crying.  Pull up your big kids pants or go home (Rose, etc.). 

I'm sure she cried actual tears, whether you saw them or not. No big deal, tears don't mean anything. Some girls express emotion differently.

• Love 1
On 8/16/2015 at 6:31 AM, English Teacher said:

Speaking of Megan C, who was the judge who was insane enough to vote NO for her? Weak kicks?!?! Seriously?

It seemed like a random hairdresser/stylist who has no idea what she is talking about.