Type keyword(s) to search

Paranormal Witness - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"Zozo" aired here this evening. Some credibility in that there were an awful lot of people living in that house! A lot of trickery and pranks were also ruled out.

An episode/story commonality with the cases presented is that people sink their savings in to some relatively inexpensive accommodation and can't afford to leave. Oh yes, you can.  Granted, I have a home and a couple lines of credit and a couple of credit cards. Strange that they didn't bother to contact the landlord. Yeah, the previous tenant leaving so quickly and practically running out of the house would have been a bit of a dark pink flag for me. Contact the local tenant advisory office in your area for assistance on how to break your lease.

The homemade Ouija board probably wasn't the best idea, but it did kinda beat the usual calling a priest - which may have been the better idea, or since the Internet was alive and well, you could do a search for someone who'd be able to tell you what's going on and possibly help you. You might find a real psychic at one of the psychic lines who could refer you to someone.

The young daughter was young enough to possibly have some poltergeist ability (if you believe that theory). Especially in terms of the cupboards opening and glasses breaking.

Old house, old wiring and weird things do go on.

And of course, the new story frame has someone new moving in and the lights flickering continue. Zozo has a new friend.

What do we make of the "Native American" haunting episode? I thought it was grossly bigoted, at best. Sure, indigenous people would be full of rage when the white man stole their land, raped their women and children and co-opted their culture, but "haunting" a house for generations...not buying it, especially now that I learned from another poster on another board that these stories have deliberate...elaborations. I can accept "echoes" from the past replaying, but I'm going with werewolves before angry Native American spirits trying to hurt people today. I don't know...

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:03 AM, bilgistic said:

What do we make of the "Native American" haunting episode? I thought it was grossly bigoted, at best. Sure, indigenous people would be full of rage when the white man stole their land, raped their women and children and co-opted their culture, but "haunting" a house for generations...not buying it, especially now that I learned from another poster on another board that these stories have deliberate...elaborations. I can accept "echoes" from the past replaying, but I'm going with werewolves before angry Native American spirits trying to hurt people today. I don't know...

She did seem pretty quick to jump right to Native American spirits.

I don't know if the stories are always true (I like to think that they are because I completely believe in ghosts) but the reenactments always freak me out and make me jump. I'm glad the dogs were okay and they kept them in the house afterwards.

Didn't last season have a story with Native American spirits? The one where the Christmas tree was turned completely upside down? I thought that one was a lot better.

Last nights episode was pretty good if only because I'm wicked shallow and the actors playing Yates and Brown were very hot.

I would have liked to have known more about the history of the prison and theories about who the dude haunting it was and why. Was the woman in the nightgown in the bedroom supposed to be Sylvia Thomas? I actually googled her and her husbands name to see if they were making them up or changed their names and they didn't.

Overall I thought it was a little sloppy. I'm longing for another amazing episode like my all time fav Fox Hollow Farm.

• Love 1
On 9/30/2016 at 8:03 AM, bilgistic said:

When she said, "why us?" I actually laughed out loud. Sounds like someone slept through history class. I did sort of like the idea of this battle playing out endlessly in the ever after while people in the here and now went about their business.

I had high hopes for the jail episode as I had a weird experience while touring an old jail years ago. But it was just okay. Maybe all the good stories have been told.

• Love 1

The "Mothman" episode aired this evening. Don't know what to think except maybe there was an X Files ep about it, or the Jersey Devil, or whatever. Maybe it was just kids in the area playing a prank. So many missing details. and actual facts.

So many unknowns in the story. Going to a museum/souvenir shop and checking out some tourist type bunker for some touristy draw will have the so-called Mothman follow you home like a lost monster looking for a cookie? Why the two of you? Mr. Monster had nothing else to do? Helped himself to the first folks who came along in a couple months?

Night-time driving and being tired can play tricks on you.  Animals running on to the road, shadows, etc. - just your imagination.

It seemed too easy to put together that it is some 'Mothman' attacking you by reading a few newspaper articles, finding some similarities in the ringing phone (the monster has a cell or other phone and knows how to block its monster-number), glasses breaking, spoons bending? Maybe you have a wickedly playful spirit in the home. I'm sure there are ways to track calls on the cellphone. If you get a lot of them, you call the phone company!

The recording that was played was interesting.

No real explanation for the mudslinging other than the couple was sharing the house with some sort of entity. And maybe should have spoken to someone who deals with the paranormal to check it out.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, bilgistic said:

The jail/prison episode was incomprehensible and boring. The resolution: a hug can expel a demon. Alert the Vatican! They've been doing it wrong!

Super boring. No mention of the prison's reputation? No one looked into the history of Estrella? Nothing! This one was promptly deleted off the DVR.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure your energy lives on, and it's up to you to harness it. 

I do believe That we are energy as well.  We have current fleeing through our bodies.  I think when someone dies in a hyper emotional state (fear or happiness), I like to think out energy passes on and can be absorbed into things. I often think some haunting are just energy release or something.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:18 PM, hatchetgirl said:

I do believe That we are energy as well.  We have current fleeing through our bodies.  I think when someone dies in a hyper emotional state (fear or happiness), I like to think out energy passes on and can be absorbed into things. I often think some haunting are just energy release or something.

yes.....

We just got new cable and I cant find this show. Help?

The Stephen Richards Nebraska serial killer ep was a bit more solid.

I did like that the family did actually find a real paranormal investigator, complete with EVP equipment, heat sensor devices, etc. The ability to do a proper search on the home's history.

I did feel that the energies at the farm/barn were residual and were playing a 'reel' of sorts. Frozen in the 19th century. The family was picking up on those energies. I find it odd that few people who experience these sorts of things are ever tested for psychic or energy sensitivities.

The EVP recordings were interesting - in the amount of detail Richards gave about wanting to kill the youngest daughter.  Very unusual.

Sleep paralysis is common. Focusing on what's going on will bring a nightmare.

A bit of a stretch to tie the serial killer to the barn - unless some of his stuff was there.

Thought that the barn burning to the ground would get rid of many of the energies housed within. That was a major hole. The 'cleansing' would have been a formality. Not that simple or easy to close the paranormal door. It might be shut right now, but probably not firmly locked.

• Love 2

The aliens in the desert episode was pretty great. Even though their baby was born looking normal, how could you not be side eyeing that kid as it grew up? I'm definitely making my friends who just bought property out in the desert, watch this. They also work for JPL, so maybe they'd be more into an encounter than these folks were.

• Love 1
On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎24 at 3:18 PM, Soobs said:

I was wondering why they didn't call the cops too. Maybe they wouldn't come out to investigate, maybe they would. At least give them a call. This episode reminded me of a news story I read awhile back where people living in a home were convinced it was haunted only to learn there was a homeless man squatting in their basement. It's funny to me how people go straight to "it's a haunting" before checking out faulty wiring, drafty windows etc.. There's wanting to believe and then there's wanting too much to believe. The grabbing of the hair thing was the only really unexplained thing that happened. Too be honest, I didn't believe that part. 

The Pit episode was on this evening. A lot of initial weird stuff could have been explained by the guest house 'settling', bedframe breaking, water pressure issues, some window repair needing caulking or windows replaced. It was only when things started to get more physical then the residual energy stuff started to happen. That it happened to more than one person was a bit convincing. Again, just the energy reel - to find some closure for the person who was murdered there. You'd need to be a very good psychic to get a lot. Once you see a few things - in the case of Hana, your mind can play tricks on you.

It would be very easy to call the local police to ask about cold cases involving missing women during X time period. If a biker gang did hang out in that area, and if police were ever called for noise or rowdiness, there would be records of that (all calls have some sort of case file/paperwork).

Of course the show went to the basement digging that will eventually reveal bones.

I too don't understand why they wouldn't contact the police and see if there were reports of any women missing in the area. A forensics team could come in and investigate. Luminol the hell out of the bathroom and dig through the basement hole.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, Frozendiva said:

The "Mothman" episode aired this evening. Don't know what to think except maybe there was an X Files ep about it, or the Jersey Devil, or whatever. Maybe it was just kids in the area playing a prank. So many missing details. and actual facts.

So many unknowns in the story. Going to a museum/souvenir shop and checking out some tourist type bunker for some touristy draw will have the so-called Mothman follow you home like a lost monster looking for a cookie? Why the two of you? Mr. Monster had nothing else to do? Helped himself to the first folks who came along in a couple months?

Night-time driving and being tired can play tricks on you.  Animals running on to the road, shadows, etc. - just your imagination.

It seemed too easy to put together that it is some 'Mothman' attacking you by reading a few newspaper articles, finding some similarities in the ringing phone (the monster has a cell or other phone and knows how to block its monster-number), glasses breaking, spoons bending? Maybe you have a wickedly playful spirit in the home. I'm sure there are ways to track calls on the cellphone. If you get a lot of them, you call the phone company!

The recording that was played was interesting.

No real explanation for the mudslinging other than the couple was sharing the house with some sort of entity. And maybe should have spoken to someone who deals with the paranormal to check it out.

Saw this yesterday.  I have never seen this series before.  I love paranormal stuff even though I'm a big chicken. 

I was surprised that since it was part of a nature reserve/park they didn't have the bunker locked up.  I feel like someone could easily get locked up or trapped in there.  I'm definitely a believer and would never want to tempt "fate" by egging on a spirit.

I didn't get why that girl kept on answering her phone.  I also didn't understand why they think moving out of their house would end things.  Obviously this "entity" followed you home from Point Pleasant.  Who's to say it wouldn't follow you to your next house?  Also, I don't get why people wait so long to get help (in this case they didn't get help). 

Most historical sites should have security or some staff member at any buildings. Even a help phone.

Lots of reasons why people wait a long time to get help. Religion and superstition play a role. Not part of the world view for most people.  Few people have any knowledge or training in stuff like energy (you don't hear a lot about hauntings in places like China - with more eastern practices). They read about hauntings and horror movies, but it's just 'a movie' to scare them for a few minutes -a play on primordial human fear. It's not real.

Talking about your home being haunted or you've experienced some weird or paranormal activity is not usual conversation with your friends, family, coworkers, social circle. For one thing, you don't want to be seen as someone with a seriously overactive imagination or as someone who may have 'mental health issues'. You doubt what you experience, you look for a normal, rational reason for what is happening in the home - loose windows, an old house having structural issues, a TV that is left on, a broken bed spring,  your family playing a joke on you by piling up furniture, etc. Heck, you even ate a burrito at dinner that caused a nightmare. People judge and judge very quickly. So, you keep it to yourself, or find someone with an open mind.

There aren't a lot of people to really talk to about such things - you don't talk about them with anyone, really. A little secret that you carry. You simply suck it up.  Yeah, your house is haunted, you are experiencing a 'paranormal'/'supernatural' event.  Something probably normal to the human existence, but it is now part of the horror movie lore.  As some of these stories were pre-Internet and ghostbuster shows on TV, who do you call?  Where do you really go without finding plenty of people who will make fun of you? It's easier now where you can use a search engine to find paranormal sites and messageboards and people who deal with these sorts of events and may investigate your story.  Or share their story and solutions with you. Before, if you were lucky, you found a priest (if you were religious).  You might get some Holy water sprinkled or some sort of smudging as a cleanse. You might find a real psychic (not a fortuneteller) who can read the energy and give you an idea of what is going on - if that person deals with hauntings/residual energies.  And try stuff like EVPs (if you are lucky to find someone who will do that) as well as people who are mediums, or know how to deal with the energy symptoms you are experiencing (people who are metaphysical practitioners). Very few of the story people seem to be checked for their own latent 'psychic' abilities. The story will sell better if it is a 'haunting', which people enjoy  as entertainment. Eventually you move, and hope that the next owner of your home is up for a bit of an adventure - pass along the problem to someone else.

Edited by Frozendiva
typo
  • Love 1
On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎30 at 9:03 AM, bilgistic said:

There are particular burial grounds that carry past energies. Native Americans and Canada's indigenous peoples look at the spirit world very differently. As stories are re-told, there are changes. You would need to get in to some pretty old historical documents for veracity. And contact some of the Elders who may still live in the area. They are deeply respected men and probably could have helped.

Why didn't the family call up the sheriff or local police when they found the jawbone?

I did think it was funny when the claw marks were on the garage wall and the dad said 'everything's bigger in Texas!'.

It was a rather quick jump to the conclusion that the battle was raging in perpetuity. Was there no Internet available at home? Too rural?

Animals are sensitive to energies, so yeah, the dogs would pick something up. The dying grandmother may also have been able to pick things up and see the spirit of Mr. Warren.

Those little wolflike creatures reminded me of Ewoks. I chuckled at them running after the car.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:47 PM, bilgistic said:

The "haunted hospital" episode was atrocious. There was a "paranormal investigation team" that went in and set up cameras everywhere, but we saw no real footage?

I know, right???

Ditto.  It was pretty boring, but could have been really good if done right.  

I want to know how/when they went back to the hospital to pick up their cameras, too, and if anything bothered them then.  Also I wanted to know if the owner still has the building and, if so, still plans to turn it into storage. Oh, and why did the guy who saw the little girl on the elevator not tell the rest of his team!?

Edited by Cowgirl
On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎07 at 8:17 PM, bilgistic said:

The jail/prison episode was incomprehensible and boring. The resolution: a hug can expel a demon. Alert the Vatican! They've been doing it wrong!

It aired this evening in Canada. I struggled to pay attention. Somewhere there is a story there, but it was so muddled and there were so many things going on. Nope, a hug will not expel a demon. If that is even what it was. Just the easy solution - blame a demon! With it being a jail and lots of prisoners and most likely some death penalty deaths or suicides, it seemed ripe for a few ghosties to hang around. Then add some demon eyes, probably some exhaustion and PTSD, you get a nice soupy tale.

The haunted hotel ep was on this evening.

None of the guests who *paid* to stay ever bothered to let the owners know? People will complain about a dust speck! The owners never saw anything odd or experienced anything unusual? Really? Smelled fishy there. Not until the cleaning lady saw the picture on the dining room wall?

Still too easy to pin it on the previous owners and their history. Possibly so, yes. Why don't they get someone in to actually look in to it? Maybe they just enjoy the money from renting the rooms?

If the bride to be had bad vibes, why did she still choose that hotel? Yes, the upstairs renovated rooms were spectacular.

Edited by Frozendiva

I'm pretty sure that haunted hotel is the Lemp Mansion. Ghost Adventures did an episode on it and the discussed the family curse. I liked the episode though. It was creepy enough. I think my Space channel has skipped episodes though. I got this one, but in the following weeks they're supposed to air the haunted jail one and the hospital one. It's making this thread hard to follow.

The Mojave Encounter aired this evening.

Late 80s, pre- X Files. Post Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Interesting story that kept me watching.

The original hypnosis/regression footing was compelling.  The psychiatrist wasn't questionable, the folks investigating seemed to be on the up-and-up.The aliens shown were a little odd looking and made me laugh. Especially when they were climbing the trailer!

Standard encounter and abduction story - deserted area - strange lights in the sky. Being on a ship, surrounded by them. Experimented on. Something happened, but it could also have been some sort of military testing - like an Area 51.  Both stories/ends seemed to match. The aliens showing up at the home, right out of a scene from Close Encounters.

I do give the side-eye to the baby, but there are all sorts of logical explanations. Given that it is now 25 years later, there are all sorts of genetic tests and DNA tests available that could supply some answers.

I don't feel that we are alone in a vast universe. I did feel that the abduction was more military.

The season finale aired this evening. Somewhere there was a good and interesting story. The show just didn't find it.

Of course hospitals would house residual energies and impressions. Thousands of people sick, injured, dying, etc.

Was surprised at the attack on the medium. She really should be doing some energy work and proper meditation techniques. Seemed more for a good story. Would have liked to have seen some of the investigators' footage/heard some original recordings.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:23 PM, Frozendiva said:

Most historical sites should have security or some staff member at any buildings. Even a help phone.

Lots of reasons why people wait a long time to get help. Religion and superstition play a role. Not part of the world view for most people.  Few people have any knowledge or training in stuff like energy (you don't hear a lot about hauntings in places like China - with more eastern practices). They read about hauntings and horror movies, but it's just 'a movie' to scare them for a few minutes -a play on primordial human fear. It's not real.

Talking about your home being haunted or you've experienced some weird or paranormal activity is not usual conversation with your friends, family, coworkers, social circle. For one thing, you don't want to be seen as someone with a seriously overactive imagination or as someone who may have 'mental health issues'. You doubt what you experience, you look for a normal, rational reason for what is happening in the home - loose windows, an old house having structural issues, a TV that is left on, a broken bed spring,  your family playing a joke on you by piling up furniture, etc. Heck, you even ate a burrito at dinner that caused a nightmare. People judge and judge very quickly. So, you keep it to yourself, or find someone with an open mind.

There aren't a lot of people to really talk to about such things - you don't talk about them with anyone, really. A little secret that you carry. You simply suck it up.  Yeah, your house is haunted, you are experiencing a 'paranormal'/'supernatural' event.  Something probably normal to the human existence, but it is now part of the horror movie lore.  As some of these stories were pre-Internet and ghostbuster shows on TV, who do you call?  Where do you really go without finding plenty of people who will make fun of you? It's easier now where you can use a search engine to find paranormal sites and messageboards and people who deal with these sorts of events and may investigate your story.  Or share their story and solutions with you. Before, if you were lucky, you found a priest (if you were religious).  You might get some Holy water sprinkled or some sort of smudging as a cleanse. You might find a real psychic (not a fortuneteller) who can read the energy and give you an idea of what is going on - if that person deals with hauntings/residual energies.  And try stuff like EVPs (if you are lucky to find someone who will do that) as well as people who are mediums, or know how to deal with the energy symptoms you are experiencing (people who are metaphysical practitioners). Very few of the story people seem to be checked for their own latent 'psychic' abilities. The story will sell better if it is a 'haunting', which people enjoy  as entertainment. Eventually you move, and hope that the next owner of your home is up for a bit of an adventure - pass along the problem to someone else.

I think people of the far east, parts of Asia do have beliefs about the paranormal. Hungry ghosts come to mind. There are other things, but I cant recall the names .

On 10/11/2016 at 1:02 PM, ari333 said:

great stories.

Mu Shu, how did you forbid the people to come closer? Were  they live people or dead? I assumed dead. Also, how did the trance feel?  

They were tourists. Live ones.  I told them to get away, that they couldn't cross the wall. It just felt sort of drunk and discombobulated.   I kept going back to the same spot over and over.  Turned out it was the general area where Alonso Cushing made his last stand.  I was also compelled to take dozens of pictures of the market commerating him.  his was a very interesting story.   I also drew dozens of orbs and protoplasm looking stuff.     Nothing could reach me there, but something followed me home and my car battery and alternator went out the same week.  I tried to get the energy thing to do things for me but it just nagged me to be released.  

• Love 2

I am a paranormal author (author of several true ghost stories) and am currently going through the process of filming an episode for PARANORMAL WITNESS. My family and I have been through all the interviews and we haven't signed a contract yet so I can still talk. If anyone has any questions about the interview process, how they found me, etc. then I can try to answer them. :-)

• Love 3
18 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Can you let us know when it will air? I enjoyed  your books ,  while I usually  do not watch this show , I would  be interested  in watching  yours.

It won't air until next season so let's hope the show hangs on for another one! They talked about canceling it but went ahead and filmed another one so I take that as a good sign! The production company found me on Facebook first and sent me a message there. Then they found my website and contacted me through it. It seriously took almost 6 months of nothing but telephone calls and interviews to even get the ball rolling. It's a long process. 

• Love 5
On 2/12/2017 at 10:45 PM, Mu Shu said:

There are some demons that come around at night every now and again, they came last weekend.  It's more of an annoyance than anything.  They can't get through.

Holy shit!

They just mill around.  They are all over the place but not like the movies.  It's not scary, it's annoying.    People have them and don't even know it.  But I live in the area of the Bermuda Triangle.  There was a weird shift here about 7 months ago, but it went away.  It's cool when you think about it.   The different dimensions. 

I just read a book of fiction called "The Mercy of Thin Air".  The book is historical fiction that interweaves love stories from the 1920s to the present.  The narrator of the book is a ghost of a young woman who died in 1929.  I found the depiction of who ghosts, those in between, adjust and move through the world fixating on molecules.  Characters include a man who trains the narrator and has been dead for centuries and is described as someone who must have seen castles.  Another character is Lionel who was more recently dead and used his time in between to learn languages, how to play instruments and other skills by going to the public library at night.  My favorite character is a ghost of a lady who saved her home from the Yankees during the Civil War only to be killed by bee stings.  She still guards her home and its beautiful gardens and will cough up a dead bee no and then.  The book is not scary and I liked how it depicted that when a ghost scares people it is because they are practicing their use of molecules or not adhering to the rules.  Anyways I loved the book.

• Love 1

There are a bunch of new shows. Maybe I should go to the genre thread