Type keyword(s) to search

Paranormal Witness - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My favorite episode was the one where the guy had crazy drag queen eyebrows. He moved his new wife an her son in the home where his ex wife had died. The ex ended up scaring the kid and his new wife and he didn't believe them or care, lol. Pretty sure they aren't together anymore.

• Love 2

I'm so glad there's finally a thread for this show! It's my favorite paranormal show and there is very rarely a dud episode. Except for that werewolf episode where the family all sleep in the same bed clutching 8 inch kitchen knives to their bodies.  If the werewolves didn't get them their own stupidity should have.

My favorite episode was the one where the guy had crazy drag queen eyebrows. He moved his new wife an her son in the home where his ex wife had died. The ex ended up scaring the kid and his new wife and he didn't believe them or care, lol. Pretty sure they aren't together anymore.

That guy was such a d-bag!

My all time favorite episode is Fox Hollow Farm. I've seen it dozens of times but it always gets me. I also like the one where the guy used to work for NASA and he sees these little dog like demons running around his house. Every time one ran by I jumped. I can't watch any of the episodes live- I have to DVR and watch in the daylight- but those two stick with me.

• Love 3

I'm so glad there's finally a thread for this show! It's my favorite paranormal show and there is very rarely a dud episode. Except for that werewolf episode where the family all sleep in the same bed clutching 8 inch kitchen knives to their bodies.  If the werewolves didn't get them their own stupidity should have.

That guy was such a d-bag!

My all time favorite episode is Fox Hollow Farm. I've seen it dozens of times but it always gets me. I also like the one where the guy used to work for NASA and he sees these little dog like demons running around his house. Every time one ran by I jumped. I can't watch any of the episodes live- I have to DVR and watch in the daylight- but those two stick with me.

Those were two of my favorites too. Another even tho it was fairly silly was the one set in rural Ohio where the lone werewolf kept coming up to the window and freaking the wife out. I wish they would cut out the nonsense of cutting back and forth between the reenactment and a second actor in a talking head repeating what was just said. Breaks the immersion for me and it's too much padding.

• Love 1

This story is creepy and weird to me; and thank God I was not the only one to experience it or I would wonder about myself.... cray or hearing things or something. It was in a condo where we used to live (no longer there.) The condo above us had hardwood floors and we'd hear every step, of course, from the neighbors. But then.... the neighbors moved and the condo up there was empty... not sold, not rented.

But...At night like 3 in the morning, we'd hear.... wait for it ... wait for it.... what I can only describes as bowling sounds. It was as if a bowling ball were rolling down a long lane. And the room was only 16 feet or so but the sound would be as if the room were much longer IYKWIM. 

Then other times we'd hear crashes as if a heavy bookcase had been pushed over. The place was empty and unfurnished and I had even asked the realtor if there was anything creepy about it. "No. .... No one is there, no  furniture, no utilities on... nothing... " I even asked if carpet had been installed. "Nope" 

And my bf said maybe someone got in and was goofing around. Well, ok, but why did we hear NO FOOTSTEPS? The weirdest part was when we heard what sounded like a one-sided conversation and part of it was "I'll KILL YOU!" Holy crap I almost called the police. But again... we heard no footsteps so there is no way a real human was up there.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 3

August 26 at 10 pm Eastern. It's been more than a year since the last episode. I'M SO EXCITED! I'M SO SCARED!!

OH me too! I'm way too excited hee. Is it on that LMN channel?

IS this the show where they return from commercial and repeat the last few seconds of whatever happened before the break? I hate that. But I love the show. WOOT! Wednesday!  

Woo hoo!  I'm so excited that it's back! 

So many good episodes, but I think my favorite one is Hospital Hauntings.  From the time I remember reading some real "ghost stories" in my mom's Reader's Digest as a young girl, paranormal tales set in hospitals never fail to freak me the hell out, and this one was NO exception. The Coven also really got to me- I think it was the spiders! :-0

The "girl without a face" one from the very first episode also holds a special place in my (rapidly beating) heart. 

• Love 2

What I look for in a man: good sense of humor, loves animals, nice eyes, tall, will believe me without question when I say I see ghosts in our house.

What is up with these men making their wives think they're crazy when they see shit? Your house is rejecting change- something is happening.

Finding hair in a bathtub would be enough to freak me out but if I saw a whole head I would've hauled ass out of that house. Nope nope nope nope.

I probably wouldn't have yelled 'murderer' in the middle of the store but I'm glad it stopped the scaries.

Little girl ghosts are usually the worst but Lisa seemed sweet.

• Love 2

What I look for in a man: good sense of humor, loves animals, nice eyes, tall, will believe me without question when I say I see ghosts in our house.

What is up with these men making their wives think they're crazy when they see shit? Your house is rejecting change- something is happening.

Finding hair in a bathtub would be enough to freak me out but if I saw a whole head I would've hauled ass out of that house. Nope nope nope nope.

I probably wouldn't have yelled 'murderer' in the middle of the store but I'm glad it stopped the scaries.

Little girl ghosts are usually the worst but Lisa seemed sweet.

Agreed on all points. This one was not as good as I remembered the show being, but I'm in. Flove!

I assume the shovel hit killed Lisa too? It was a little unclear or maybe I looked away and missed something

I should pay more attention, but it was also unclear to me what evil thing was getting inside the husband and were we to presume, since the other killer husband was still alive... did something get inside him too?

• Love 1

I'm casting some major side-eye at the authenticity of this episode.  It just seems WAY too convenient that she just happens to have a dream where the letters "CK" appear and omg...they really ARE there... and WHOA this lady they are talking to just HAPPENS to have a friend named Caroline Kersey who DIED at the hotel.  AND don't forget that the WHOLE murder scene just oh-so conveniently play out right in front of her eyes (including a man who wasn't even dead yet). 

Apparently this woman, Doretta Johnson, also wrote a book called The People in the Attic.  Just from the description given on Amazon, it sounds like the story that's told in the book varies quite a bit from the one that was told on PW:

From Publishers Weekly

When Ron and Doretta Johnson bought a former motel in Marion, Indiana, with an asking price of $59,900 for only $24,500 in 1987, they had no suspicions about the place. But soon after they moved into their "dream house," all manner of bizarre events began to occur, including troubles with electric appliances, paint and wallpaper that would not stay on the walls, mysterious fires and noises in the attic. These happenings were a source of special alarm to Doretta, the survivor of a childhood poisoned by a mother who was an alcoholic, a prostitute, a drug addict, masochistic with her many "husbands" and sadistic to her children, to the degree that she witnessed their physical and sexual abuse without interfering. As the paranormal events increased, the couple and their six-year-old daughter and 16-year-old son stayed with relatives periodically but remained under attack even while in others' homes; they sought assistance from a psychic who was of little help and a priest who promised an exorcism but reneged. Finally they got help from parapsychologist William Roll, who believed that Doretta's psyche was projecting all these things into her environment and who showed her how to come to terms with her psychic abilities and the way toward clearing them up, a process that still continues

Like, there was nothing in the episode indicating that her "psyche" was causing these problems?  They certainly never mentioned her difficult childhood. Also, the son was never mentioned (but I let that slide as maybe he did not want to be included)

• Love 2

Maybe this is my art school bias kicking in but as a former art student, all I could think of when these folks were talking about creepy eyes in the paintings following them and dream ladies coming alive is that these kids couldn't handle their weed very well.

• Love 4

Anytime one of these shows includes what is clearly sleep paralysis, my doubt about whether something paranormal occurred increases significantly (and I do believe in the paranormal). While sleep paralysis is terrifying (I experience it once in a while, along with vivid, scary dreams), it's not paranormal, and including it in a show about the paranormal just lets the skeptics say, "See? That's all hauntings are!"

Why didn't the students go back to the realtor to communicate with the homeowner, like, maybe when they saw a double lock on the inside of the door of the attic room? Didn't that seem like a pretty obvious first step? Why are people so dumb on these shows?

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 3

Sleep paralysis is horrifying and real. However, I think a haunting can take place in a home of someone who also happens to experience sleep paralysis and they sometimes just lump the two together. (?)

I think I prefer the two story format, as mentioned. I'm still in and will still watch. I wish this thread were more active. Where are all the ghosties who used to post at twop  and here? :) I love paranormal shows and I can even tolerate a little cheese.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

I was a TWOP poster (different name - Playzonwords). I just recently signed up here.

Thought it was odd that the 'realtor' just pulled out the house file and showed pictures of the house. Why didn't they visit the house before they moved in? Before signing the lease? No guarantee that the picture actually matches the property! They would have seen the double locks and may have asked why. Or figured that maybe the house was shared previously and that the roomie just wanted to lock the door.

A bit odd that there weren't any neighbours, nosy or otherwise. They may have known something about the home - maybe that there were lots of renters!

Doubt many people would think that young, college students would be 'haunted'. An older home, with history, active imaginations, seeing shadows, etc.

Sleep paralysis, sensitivity to residual energies (i.e. older home).

Also would think that the Church deacon would have done a bit more investigating than instantly believing the story and just giving some Holy water. It could have just been regular water, but suggestion (that it will 'clean' up the house) is powerful. Just believing it would work would be enough and the problem would be solved. Maybe he knew the home's history. Who knows.

The Internet was working quite well in 2004 and it would have taken a few simple searches to dig up some history on the house or the town. A simple chat with the realtor to get in touch with the home's current owners or a simple search at the town's registry/tax roll may have provided some answers to the home's history.

• Love 1

No. No, no, NO. I looked it up to see if that blowhard was running for office again but he's not. Unsurprisingly though, he's written a book about his "haunted" house. He can fuck right off with his "illegal abortions and the 'babies' were burned in the furnace" (nice leap there) and his faux-religious bull. He cared so much for his family that he moved his daughter and grandkid out but didn't get help for his wife? Oh, and if Wikipedia is to be believed, he beat his son nearly senseless. Real stand-up guy.

His haunted house story is pretty hotly debated by family members of other people who lived in the house--family members who spent time in the house.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 4

I looked up the story during a commercial break.

Another 'haunted' house, another book. Exploiting the house to make a buck.

The writing on the wall (under the wallpaper) reminded me of a Dr. Who episode - "Blink". No angel statues. Drat. Or time travel. Double drat. I was also reminded of a "Sleepy Hollow" episode with a Molech.

I wanted to see home video footage, or even camera photos - of the blood running down the wall, of the light cord wrapped around the light - before and after. With the goopy stuff on the floor, it would be so easy to take it to a University to get it looked at - maybe some chemistry students would like a challenge in the lab. Call in some independent investigators. Have family and friends who visit tell of their experiences.

Odd the priest didn't set foot in the house. Doubtful that many churches would be chomping at the bit to investigate a haunted house or some other entity. There would be some sort of investigation and assessment of mental health and other issues before any sort of exorcist would be sent. It shouldn't be *that* easy - one session and the demon or entity is gone. Doubt it works that way any more.

Why wasn't the furnace replaced after the Cramners moved in? Yes, it's old, but with the $30,000 the family saved on the purchase price, a new modern furnace could have been purchased.

Were the previous owners affected by any of what happened to the Cramners?

• Love 1

The family members of previous owners say that nothing ever happened to them.

Members of two families who owned the house prior to the Cranmers, and a third family whose ancestor Mr. Cranmer says fueled the evil in the home, say the events involving their families are not true or accurate...The families who lived in the house at 3406 Brownsville Road before him point out that much of what Mr. Cranmer says he knows about their experiences there came from conversations he had with their parents, who are now all deceased.

Members of the families, who lived in the home for a combined 47 years before Mr. Cranmer bought it in 1988, have a common objection to the book: The author asserts that they had paranormal experiences similar to what he and his family experienced there.

“Other than squirrels in the walls, I never experienced anything there,” said Karen Dwyer, 59, who lived in the house for seven years in the 1950s and 1960s, after her mother, Barbara Paisley, got divorced and moved in with her parents. Ms. Paisley’s parents, Walter and Margaret Wagner, owned the home from 1941 to 1979. “My mother never said anything about the house being haunted. My grandmother never said anything about the house being haunted. And my grandfather never said anything about the house being haunted.”

Her brother, Ken Wilock, 58, and their uncle, Walter Wagner Jr., 79, both said they never had any experiences either.

Mr. Cranmer writes at one point that Ms. Dwyer and Mr. Wilock’s mother, Mrs. Paisley — whom he never names directly — told him before she died in 2009 that the Wagners had a family dog that seemed “to sense the presence of a ‘spirit’ and would go from room to room apparently looking for it.”

“That’s interesting,” said Mr. Wagner, who was 6 when his parents bought the home in 1941, and visited regularly as an adult, “because we never had a dog, and my parents didn’t like to have pets.”

As for the family who bought the home from the Wagners in 1979, “We have no evidence of anything like [Mr. Cranmer describes in his book] ever happening in the house,” said Michael Joyce, 40, who lives in Baldwin now and lived in the Brentwood home from age 5 to 14 until his parents sold the home to the Cranmers. Both his parents died in the past 13 months.

Mr. Cranmer, who still lives in the home, said he knew the families would not be happy with the book: “I was waiting for this [reaction from the families] to happen. But I thought after the Joyces died, it might not.”

Mr. Cranmer asserts that the house has had this demonic infestation since it was built in 1910. He writes that the Wagners — who bought the home from the original owners, the Malicks — and the Joyces knew about the evil there. Despite that, Mr. Cranmer maintains that the Wagners sold the home to the Joyces without telling them about what they experienced, and the Joyces — whom Mr. Cranmer renames the “McHenrys” in the book — then sold it to the Cranmers without telling them.

The result, Mr. Cranmer writes, is that he, his wife, Lesa, and their three sons and one daughter, unwittingly moved into a home filled with an evil presence that physically and emotionally attacked them, nearly destroying the family.

He writes that the land itself was cursed after some settlers were murdered there by Native Americans in the 1700s, and that evil grew when one of the workmen building the house in 1909 and 1910 put a curse on the home.

That evil was then inflamed, he writes, in the 1920s and 1930s when a local doctor, James C. Mahan Sr. — whom Mr. Cranmer names only as “Dr. M” — began renting out space in the home from the Malicks to perform illegal abortions that killed “a lot” of children, and at least one of the mothers.

As a child, Mr. Cranmer, who grew up in Brentwood, always had an interest in the stately house. He was told in 2012 by a Catholic “intuitive,” Connie Valenti of Aspinwall, that the reason he was long “drawn” to the home was so that he would be the one to fight the evil.

In 2005 and 2006, when Mr. Cranmer says the demonic infestation reached its peak, Ms. Valenti worked with the Rev. Ronald Lengwin, spokesman for the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh, in trying to find the source of evil.

Father Lengwin had been assigned to work with Mr. Cranmer then, he says, after a friend — former Pittsburgh Mayor Tom Murphy — asked then-Pittsburgh Bishop Donald Wuerl to help.

In the book’s epilogue, Mr. Cranmer says Ms. Valenti told him he was chosen to fight the evil because she believed from her visions that he was a reincarnated child who died in the home after an illegal abortion, a procedure that also ended in the death of his mother.

“I’m still puzzled by it, can’t say that I fully believe it,” he writes, “but it is intriguing.”

Most of the allegations against Dr. Mahan Sr. are based on Ms. Valenti’s visions, which were passed on to Mr. Cranmer by Father Lengwin. He describes those visions as well as a series of rumors and old stories Mr. Cranmer says he was told by Brentwood residents over the years that Dr. Mahan Sr. was a limping, profane drunk who was also not a very good doctor, and his wife was often drunk, too.

Neither Ms. Valenti, nor Father Lengwin, nor Mr. Cranmer said they had any documentation to these claims against Dr. Mahan Sr., or the claim of the worker putting a curse on the house.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/south/2014/10/26/Former-residents-of-Brentwood-demon-house-dispute-book-s-claims/stories/201410210213

My favorite part is how Bob's a reincarnated baby back to save the day!

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 3

I, for one, am shocked, shocked I tell you, that a republican would have a demon in their home ;)

If my ass ever gets haunted you better believe I'm taking pictures, videos, and samples of anything running down the walls or puddles I'm stepping in.

• Love 5

I looked it up to see if that blowhard was running for office again but he's not. Unsurprisingly though, he's written a book about his "haunted" house. He can fuck right off with his "illegal abortions and the 'babies' were burned in the furnace" (nice leap there) and his faux-religious bull.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20694860-the-demon-of-brownsville-road

The reviewers are NOT enthused or amused.

"Cranmer and his family decide to battle this demon in an original way, I will admit that: They decided to play Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ on repeat for 24 hours a day for seven months straight. And Cranmer wonders why his entire family has had psychiatric issues since living in the house."

"there's a lot of heavy-handed judgmental comments made that raised my ire. Cranmer watches his boys become teenagers, and comments that he wishes they would dress "normal" again, and stop listening to "black metal music". Obviously only a demon causes adolescent boys to grow their hair long and wear eyeliner and listen to loud, scary music. In the late 1990s. Obviously only a demon causes his 16-year-old daughter become pregnant. Obviously only a demon causes his 80-some-year-old aunt die in her bed under mysterious circumstances. No one just ever dies at that age. DEMON."

"If you're looking for an interesting book about the paranormal, save your money. The first 1/3 of the book is simply a very boring autobiography about the author's military and political careers. Throughout the book Mr. Cranmer congratulates himself on what a great man he is."

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 3

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20694860-the-demon-of-brownsville-road

The reviewers are NOT enthused or amused.

"Cranmer and his family decide to battle this demon in an original way, I will admit that: They decided to play Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ on repeat for 24 hours a day for seven months straight. And Cranmer wonders why his entire family has had psychiatric issues since living in the house."

"there's a lot of heavy-handed judgmental comments made that raised my ire. Cranmer watches his boys become teenagers, and comments that he wishes they would dress "normal" again, and stop listening to "black metal music". Obviously only a demon causes adolescent boys to grow their hair long and wear eyeliner and listen to loud, scary music. In the late 1990s. Obviously only a demon causes his 16-year-old daughter become pregnant. Obviously only a demon causes his 80-some-year-old aunt die in her bed under mysterious circumstances. No one just ever dies at that age. DEMON."

"If you're looking for an interesting book about the paranormal, save your money. The first 1/3 of the book is simply a very boring autobiography about the author's military and political careers. Throughout the book Mr. Cranmer congratulates himself on what a great man he is."

This is fantastic!

I saw last night that he wrote a column (one of several) in his local newspaper about his daughter getting pregnant at 16 (and oh, what a test of religion and character it was!), but I decided I was talking enough shit about him, and I'd let someone else take a turn.

He likes to be in the public eye, which, whatever. Don't bring an innocent demon into it.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 2

A bit of the book is available on Google Books.

No one can put a curse on another person. The only way such a 'curse' will work is through the power of suggestion. It seems far too convenient that a Native American put a 'curse' on the house. Many fortune tellers bilk their clients out of outrageous sums of money to remove some 'curse'. The curse is usually on the client's wallet.

I did question the 'intuitive's' claims. Visions are very real. She put her own spin/opinion on what they meant.  She only seemed to work with the priest. Ideally, one should be objective - and that takes a lot of time and discipline to not let your opinions and projections get in the way. The Cranmer (corrected spelling) case seemed to go from the intuitive to the priest to Cranmer and is subject to much interpretation as it would be third-hand information by that time. Too dangerous for the priest to check out the 'haunting'? Come on. The intuitive could have also spent time with Cranmer and visited the house herself. Get a second opinion from a 'psychic' who is 'cold' and doesn't know anything about the house and wouldn't be likely to feed what the client wants to hear.

Buddhists believe in reincarnation.

Most teens do listen to music that the parents wouldn't necessarily approve. Good for them for not listening to music's lowest common denominators.

The whole story just seemed fishy.

I would probably think that the first jello puddle on the floor would be one of the kids leaving a mess. A second puddle would result in me looking at the ceiling/attic, and/or calling in a handyman or other construction type person to check out the attic/roof for leaks. At that point, I would start to take photos and look for someone who could tell me about the 'puddle's' contents. Of course, I am open to many possibilities but would like to rule out the simplest of explanations first.

Edited by Frozendiva

The whole time I was watching it, I was thinking, if these people are really that freaked out, LEAVE. No amount of pride is going to keep me in my home. "This is our house!?" Fuck that noise. If you REALLY think your family's in danger, WHY DO YOU STAY?? If someone so much as looks at my cats sideways, it's on. A decorated former military muckety-muck politician who's BFFs with the MAYOR can't have his family stay somewhere else while he figures out what to do about the drunk Native American arsonist/bricklayer/abortion doctor ghost that makes gelatin on the side?

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 1

The whole time I was watching it, I was thinking, if these people are really that freaked out, LEAVE. No amount of pride is going to keep me in my home. "This is our house!?" Fuck that noise. If you REALLY think your family's in danger, WHY DO YOU STAY?? If someone so much as looks at my cats sideways, it's on. A decorated former military muckety-muck politician who's BFFs with the MAYOR can't have his family stay somewhere else while he figures out what to do about the drunk Native American arsonist/bricklayer/abortion doctor ghost that makes gelatin on the side?

Maybe he hoped that someone in Hollywood would take an interest and turn his fight for his house into a movie.

He was totally braggy on the show. "I gave my friend,  THE MAYOR OF PITTSBURGH, a call...."

This season needs better haunts.

Agree.  This season is not doing it for me.  Very nonsensical, inauthentic stories. 

• Love 1

Could the sound be from another unit? Sound can travel. Depends on the age of the building, wood or concrete construction, venting, etc. I lived in a high rise where I would hear music and other loud noise, but it did not come from next door or above me. It was above me and a couple of units over.

A decorated former military muckety-muck politician who's BFFs with the MAYOR can't have his family stay somewhere else while he figures out what to do about the drunk Native American arsonist/bricklayer/abortion doctor ghost that makes gelatin on the side?

Ectoplasm, now available in strawberry and lime flavors.

• Love 1

Again with no pictures. This show was SO GREAT when it first started--actual evidence! Now: terrible child actors and people doing the show to coincide with their book releases.

I kept thinking about the people in the prop department getting a laugh over making that terrible papier-mache doll and sitting it on the toilet.

• Love 4

It was 1982. Surely the family had a camera and could have snapped photos of the doll and photos of the mess in the home. Maybe not until after a few things occurred. You do want to rule out reasonable explanations. I wondered why there wasn't an interview with the priest - but it was 30 years ago and he may be deceased. I did attribute the seance to what would have realistically occurred at that time.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 1

That doll was the creepiest thing I have seen on this show.

When I read the episode description I was thinking it was going to be one of those life size Barbie dolls that I had as a kid. Not something that looked like it was forged by Satan himself. What the hell was that mother thinking? I thought for sure that thing was going to be standing in the doorway behind someone at some point.

I would've chucked that thing out when I saw it sitting on the toilet. WTF was that?

Pictures would have been so cool(and I'm sure they were taken at some point. The mom made the doll, the girl loved the doll, she got it for her birthday and they said birthdays were a big deal to them so I'm sure someone snapped a few pics) but I would understand if the family burned every photo of the thing. I would like to see if it was as terrifying as they made it on the show.

I'd like to know where Suzy is today as well. If that bitch is wandering around Connecticut somewhere then I'm in danger. She would have to cross the river to get to me and I find that generally, people don't like to cross the river so maybe I'm safe.

I have some doubts about the dark cloud rolling down the street but overall I think this was the best episode of the season.

Edited by Iboatedhere
  • Love 5

That Suzy doll was god awful scary. The face was papermache ish (sp?) and it was horrific. The aunt made it IIRC. I"d have chucked it too.  I'm scared of dolls and clowns, so there's that. Then the kid was staring at the TV a la that 80's movie, "They're baaaaaa-ccccckkk"

I know losing hair is traumatic, but did I hear an ambulance? HOw do you get that much hair yanked out without waking up? (didn't look like it was cut out)

Of all the things in a kitchen, when you think you have an intruder, you grab a rolling pin?

There were many creepy things, but the marbles and the rocking chair were the creepiest for me.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

What ever happened? Did you just eventually move? How old were the condos?

Yes, we moved. The condos were built in the 70's. there were 4 units in the building. The top two were empty. We were in the right bottom and a coach/teacher was in the left bottom. He lived with his girlfriend somewhere else, but kept the  condo; and we always knew (by his car) when he was home... which was seldom. We thought of it being him, so we'd go outside and see if his car was there in the assigned spot. It wasnt' . and we'd even call him and ask, " hey were you home last night?" "No why" "we heard some weird stuff."

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

I may have heard wrong, but  I thought the mom was creeped out BUT since the aunt spent so much time making it she conceded. 

Why did the entity come for some random doll? I didnt' understand that part.

• Love 2

I thought the Smoke Monster "possessed" the doll, but maybe I made that up because of the suggestive editing. I also conflated this story with the Annabelle story, which is also a case of the Warrens'.

I don't know. Most of it had the earmarks of a poltergeist. One of the scariest things I've ever seen was an early episode in which they had pictures of the rearranged objects courtesy of the poltergeist of that situation. The good old days of Paranormal Witness...

At least I didn't get a pseudo-religious political pro-life message in the midst of my horror story this week, so things are looking up.

• Love 4

Yes, we moved. The condos were built in the 70's. there were 4 units in the building. The top two were empty. We were in the right bottom and a coach/teacher was in the left bottom. He lived with his girlfriend somewhere else, but kept the  condo; and we always knew (by his car) when he was home... which was seldom. We thought of it being him, so we'd go outside and see if his car was there in the assigned spot. It wasnt' . and we'd even call him and ask, " hey were you home last night?" "No why" "we heard some weird stuff."

I was thinking it was a huge apartment style condo building with 200+ units.

Did the neighbour have a pet who may have inadvertently turned on the TV? Or had some sort of alarm on his TV or entertainment unit? That would come on at a weird time? Or a friend who would come over and put the TV on? A friend without a vehicle?

I live in a condo duplex. I can hear the neighbours' footsteps but I do wonder if they are wearing shoes or boots that will cause me to hear them. I have carpet in my livingroom and they have laminate flooring. They also have a medium size dog.

Any chance that the realtor had a friend who might 'borrow' the unit above?

Any neighbours on either side or behind your unit?

Did you ever ask to see the unit? That maybe the previous owners left something behind, or you could ask a friend to be a prospective buyer and arrange a viewing? Tag along at the surprise of your friend coming to the building! :)

Was it a noticeable pattern? Something that occurred every day at the same time? Did you document things?

At least you're gone. And not wondering 'why me'?

• Love 1