Type keyword(s) to search

Sheree Whitfield: Who Gon' Check Me, Boo?

• Start Topic

I hear on the radio this morning that she was originally offered $100k to return to the show, and she turned it down because when she was let go, she was making $300K+.  Apparently, they upped the offer to $250K to get her back.  Good for her for playing a bit of hardball.  Bologna and kraft cheese sandwiches for everyone!

• Love 7

You got to have some balls to be broke and turn down $100K, but good for her for getting a much better deal at the end. 

Speaking of which...what is her financial situation?  Are we actually going to see the completion of Chateau Sheree?  At this point, I think the Great Pyramids of Giza were built in less time.

• Love 1

I dropped out the last few seasons, but I'll be back for Sheree. Since construction takes cash and the housewives don't get paid until the season airs, my guess is we will not see much progress this season. There may be some editing trickery to look like progress is made like showing rooms in two different stages and claiming they are the before and after of the same room.

Sounds like she isn't wasting any time running up those credit cards and spending the money already.

• Love 4

This is the perfect counterweight to the anticlimactic Return of Bethenny. Sheree will definitely deliver.

Bless her impact:

--"Who gon' check me, boo?" was an instant Real Housewives classic.

--Chateau Sheree is practically a tourist attraction.

--She by Sheree was immortalized in the WWHL theme song and Duh-wight's hilarious "fashion show with no fashions" quip.

I never thought I would miss the odd way that she talks, but I could just kiss Andy for putting her on my screen again. All aboard the Hot Mess Express!

• Love 8

To be honest, I never understood why they got rid of her in the first place. She was pretty iconic and comedy gold,  both intentionally and unintentionally. Sure, she had no real storylines. But, then again, does Cynthia? Does Porsha? Sheree was great because not only was she great with a one-liner, but she was so ridiculous that it made for fun TV. Remember when she pretended to pursue acting? I always thought it was such a mistake to let her go. Getting rid of Nene and bringing in Sheree is like the best two-fer ever.

• Love 6

Sheree reached a point where she didn't have much to say, or to offer to the conversation. Her last scenes were in that apt. with her son sleeping on an air mattress. That does not an Atlanta Housewife make. Since she left, she's sort of halfway gotten Chateau Sheree looking like someone might move in. And she's charging it all on credit cards. Let the cameras roll!!

• Love 2

Sheree reached a point where she didn't have much to say, or to offer to the conversation. Her last scenes were in that apt. with her son sleeping on an air mattress. That does not an Atlanta Housewife make. Since she left, she's sort of halfway gotten Chateau Sheree looking like someone might move in. And she's charging it all on credit cards. Let the cameras roll!!

Wasn't it because Nene and Kim checked out?  My hazy memory recalls that she and Nene fell out and Kim started dating Kroy so Sheree no longer had any other people to interact with as a close girlfriend.

Yes, and the best storyline she could come up with was Chateau Sheree. A then-cardboard house on land her mother bought. She had a bit of time with Phaedra who mis-handled her court case against her ex, but other than that.... she just didn't have anything to offer.

AG, I'm only remembering what I saw on the show, which was Phaedra with a deer-in-the-headlights look on her face when Sheree's ex was there with his own attorney, ready to go. I do remember Sheree's check possibly not clearing or something... and Phaedra taking cash-only payments from someone in the parking lot. Can you give me more details on what Sheree did to sabotage the case, because I honestly don't remember. Thanks!

• Love 1

AG, I'm only remembering what I saw on the show, which was Phaedra with a deer-in-the-headlights look on her face when Sheree's ex was there with his own attorney, ready to go. I do remember Sheree's check possibly not clearing or something... and Phaedra taking cash-only payments from someone in the parking lot. Can you give me more details on what Sheree did to sabotage the case, because I honestly don't remember. Thanks!

Phaedra, thinking this was a straight forward child support case, rightly told Sheree to let Phaedra get an arrest warrant against Sheree's ex to get payment. Sheree refused and also didn't tell Phaedra that her ex had a case against her due the shady mess she pulled regarding their former marital home that was supposed to be sold with proceeds split (Sheree stayed well past the time she was supposed to move and also stripped the house before she left). When they got to court, her ex had already filed a motion about that case. Because Sheree wasn't completely truthful AND she had to chase her down for payment, Phaedra dropped her case.

• Love 8

As an experienced attorney Phaedra should have known to check more into the child support matter; clients often "forget" things.

The money in the parking lot was for a criminal case.  Though I don't practice in GA, where I am it's not unusual for criminal cases to be handled on a flat fee basis, with all (or most) of the money paid in advance of the attorney walking into Court.  Cash, also not totally surprising, though she would need to be careful about taking large amounts.

• Love 3

Phaedra had already told Sheree that family law was not her expertise and given Sheree a referral. She insisted Phaedra represent her. I wouldn't break my back uncovering Sheree's lies of omission knowing I wasn't going to get paid anyway.

Right. Nobody wants to look bad on TV, but how much work is Phaedra supposed to do when she hadn't gotten paid by Sheree.

She was ill prepared because Sheree's check was late/never given to her.  

• Love 3

Eh, I can't read too much into the promo photos--Bravo has a history of not including all of them in the initial press photos.  Remember, Porsha wasn't even in the first couple episodes of her season.  I also remember initial OC promos for S7 featuring Fernanda Rocha, and Lynne Curtin wasn't included in any S4 promo until Lauri left and Lynne joined partway through.

Shereè certainly seems to be featured prominently enough in the preview, so if she really only ends up being a "Friend of" then I'd say Bravo is likely giving her the Countess treatment because I thought I heard that Shereè successfully held out for more money, which is pretty tough for a "Friend of" to do.

• Love 2

Right. Nobody wants to look bad on TV, but how much work is Phaedra supposed to do when she hadn't gotten paid by Sheree.

She was ill prepared because Sheree's check was late/never given to her.  

Once she agreed to represent Sheree, ethically, she owed competent representation to her client, regardless of whether she'd been paid.  Of course, she is ethically prevented from lying to the Court (whether Sheree lies - without Phaedra's knowledge - is another story). But she shouldn't be "ill prepared" because the check didn't arrive.

But once she went into court and entered her formal appearance, she needed either Sheree to hire new counsel or permission of Court to stop representing Sheree.  Now this is not based on GA law since I'm not licensed there, but it's likely similar to my state.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 1

Phaedra, thinking this was a straight forward child support case, rightly told Sheree to let Phaedra get an arrest warrant against Sheree's ex to get payment. Sheree refused and also didn't tell Phaedra that her ex had a case against her due the shady mess she pulled regarding their former marital home that was supposed to be sold with proceeds split (Sheree stayed well past the time she was supposed to move and also stripped the house before she left). When they got to court, her ex had already filed a motion about that case. Because Sheree wasn't completely truthful AND she had to chase her down for payment, Phaedra dropped her case.

Yeah, that was pretty funny, but I thought Phaedra was caught flat-footed because Bob hadn't filed his motion early enough or failed to tell her so she could prepare. That, not getting paid, and Sheree riding her ass led her to dropping Sheree as a client. Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 1

I hear on the radio this morning that she was originally offered $100k to return to the show, and she turned it down because when she was let go, she was making $300K+.  Apparently, they upped the offer to $250K to get her back.  Good for her for playing a bit of hardball.  Bologna and kraft cheese sandwiches for everyone!

I hope everyone's getting a new Aero Bed!  Glad that Sheree's coming back if only to talk smack to NeNe now that she's supposedly coming back for a guest appearance or two.

• Love 5

The only other Housewife in all of Housewife history that rivals Sheree's over-the-top grandeur delusions and continuous denial about herself, and her real life problems, is ....Sonja. 

Lynn Curtin in the OC comes in third. And maybe Lisa Woo Hartwell fourth. Oh and Danielle in NJ. Guess Kim Z is in there somewhere, but she sorta did hit it big.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

The only other Housewife in all of Housewife history that rivals Sheree's over-the-top grandeur delusions and continuous denial about herself, and her real life problems, is ....Sonja. 

Lynn Curtin in the OC comes in third. And maybe Lisa Woo Hartwell fourth. Oh and Danielle in NJ. Guess Kim Z is in there somewhere, but she sorta did hit it big.

Danielle would probably be higher up on the list, potentially tied for 1st or 2nd.  That bitch cray-cray.

Danielle would probably be higher up on the list, potentially tied for 1st or 2nd.  That bitch cray-cray.

Second thought I think you are right about Danielle. The only thing was, she had a real deal appeal about her in some ways - she admitted to much of her dark past and her own life's mistakes. Not always trying to hide it, or create some other lah de dah fake personna like Sheree. 

Heck, Sheree is not even her real first name, right ? Anybody remember what the girl from Cleveland town's real first name is? Sheesh, Sheree. She probably liked it because it sounded all Frenchy and fancy like.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3

Very true about Danielle. But her dark was real real dark. I still remember her inviting that grungy ass PCP looking dude to be her "bodyguard" at someone swanky event. I was so scared he was going to slash someone's face! Sheree is full on delusional and will never live down many things, especially the fashion show without fashions (how dreadful!). Isn't her name Sherry, or something totally normal like that?

• Love 1

I am so glad Sheree is back!  I never understood why NeNe seemed to be the one that grabbed the most spotlight and became sort of the face of that series.  Sheree is much most of an interesting character to me.  Both of them operate on the same delusions of grandeur, but Sheree felt more real to me.

And I wish these shows weren't all about their supposed wealth.  Very few of them across franchises seem to actually have it.  I'd much rather have a mixture -- have a Vanderpump mixed in with someone who used to have $$ but is now scrapping to get by.  I'd much rather that be portrayed honestly than watching Lisa Wu pretending she's got 5 businesses that are all hugely successful.

• Love 4

Sheree's son Kairo?!!!  OMG!  All I have to say is thank God he didn't take after his father.  I don't want to sound like an old pervert, but he is F-I-N-E!!!  He's the one on the far right in this photo.             

vXwxPfB.png

• Love 5

Sheree's son Kairo?!!!  OMG!  All I have to say is thank God he didn't take after his father.  I don't want to sound like an old pervert, but he is F-I-N-E!!!  He's the one on the far right in this photo.             

vXwxPfB.png

Lol!  Hot Damn!  According to Sheree he is 19....so legal!!

• Love 1

So what is Sheree's current financial situation? Just curious.

I wonder how much better it is from the Bravo money, it hardly seems like she is on anymore, although it looks like she will be around next week.

I don't know if you'd call this karma but Funky Dineva, the blogger who used to do those shady reports from Chateau Sheree, has been evicted from his rented townhouse. His landlord blasted him publicly and released video of how badly he trashed the place. He also stole appliances.

Who gon check Sheree?

• Love 2