Type keyword(s) to search

Motorsports

khyber
  • Start Topic

Intense battle between Larson and Hamlin for the win at the end of the Kansas race. Some controversy over the move Hamlin made that led to Larson hitting the wall but I thought it was just hard racing. Oh well.

Meanwhile Chastain punched Gragson on pit road following an on track incident. Is it me or does it seem like Chastain is involved in some shenanigans in every race? 😂

In F1 world Max comes from P9 to win the GP in Miami. Will anyone besides him or Sergio win this year? Red Bull looks unbeatable.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, woodstock said:

Meanwhile Chastain punched Gragson on pit road following an on track incident. Is it me or does it seem like Chastain is involved in some shenanigans in every race?

Chastain appears to be the new Bush/Logano/Stewart et al. I would bet that a sponsor with the name Advent Health loves to have their name all over his clothing when seen punching another individual. 

• Wink 1
12 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I feel bad for Ryan Blaney he wins a huge race and everyone will be talking about Chase,

From what I could tell, I don't think Ryan Blaney will be anything but thrilled that he finally got back in the winners circle after almost 60 races. Kid looked really happy and thankful for that win.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm not (surprised).

You're a Chase fan? I don't think Nascar had much choice after they saw the crash data. Chase Briscoe was hit with a huge points penalty due to a fake part. That should be the big talking point this week.

10 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

From what I could tell, I don't think Ryan Blaney will be anything but thrilled that he finally got back in the winners circle after almost 60 races. Kid looked really happy and thankful for that win.

Did you know about the cool gifts the winner of the race gets? A custom made jacket and ring and my personal favorite a Coke vending machine. I love Coke Zero so that would be the ultimate perk for me.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

You're a Chase fan? I don't think Nascar had much choice after they saw the crash data. Chase Briscoe was hit with a huge points penalty due to a fake part. That should be the big talking point this week.

Yes, but not surprised by the penalty.

6 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Ryan Blaney and Ryan Preece were involved in scary crashes last night in Daytona. Chase Elliott didn't make the playoffs and Bubba Wallace did so that will make some fans very unhappy.

That Ryan Preece crash was terrifying to watch!  He spun over & over in the air 10 times!   He went to the Hospital but they say today he was released.

• Hugs 1
1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

That Ryan Preece crash was terrifying to watch!  He spun over & over in the air 10 times!   He went to the Hospital but they say today he was released.

Yes it was. I'm convinced the Hans device has saved many drivers lives.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

Yes it was. I'm convinced the Hans device has saved many drivers lives.

Preece's crash was absolutely frightening, but he was fortunate that the car tumbled and didn't come to a sudden stop. Blaney's wreck was worse in that standpoint, getting turned into the wall. It looked eerily similar to Dale Earnhardt's crash in the Daytona 500 at almost the same spot. 20+ years of NASCAR safety improvements led to a much better outcome for Young Ryan Blaney.

• Like 4

Yeah, they have stopped playing games with teams screwing with the Next Gen cars. It was huge at Pocono last year when Busch and Hamlin were both DQed out of first and second, would have been terrible for Harvick to finally win a race in his final season then have it taken away because of a rules violation. I was pulling for Blaney there at the end, so I was happy the way the race ended. 

Hamilton, Leclerc DQ’ed from US Grand Prix

Gutted for Lewis after finishing P2 in the race and having a strong weekend overall.  It’s a good thing he didn’t win; the conspiracy theorists would have been out of control🤣.

Poor Charles. It feels like another lost season for him.

Due to the disqualifications Logan Sargent scored his first point in F1. His is the only seat in question for 2024.

Congratulations to Max on joining the 50 win club. I don’t understand the fans booing him. It’s not his fault RB has the best car on the grid and he’s doing his job and winning. 

While the F1 season has lacked championship drama things are heating up in NASCAR land.

Congrats Ryan Blaney

I am still wrapping my brain around the Brazilian GP. Great finish between Alonso and Perez. I didn’t think anything could top Charles Leclerc’s ‘Nooo!’ from the French GP last year but his radio message after crashing out on the formation lap was even more gut-wrenching. 2023 can’t end fast enough for him. Same for Lewis Hamilton. Crazy that it may be 2 straight years without a win for him.  Please Mercedes build this man a competitive car for 2024.

Next up: Vegas Baby! 

• Like 1

I hadn't heard the news this morning, but I saw this tweet and reply.  Then I saw Guenther's Twitter profile said (Former) Team principal for @HaasF1Team

Apparently, he didn't even get to say goodbye to the team.

I lived in a small apartment over a garage in 2001.  The hubby was out and the three year old was at his grandparents, so I was chilling at home and turned on Daytona with only a few laps to go.

I saw the crash, and will never forget how surreal it was listening to DW excited for his brother, and in shock at what happened to Dale. I ran to the computer and refreshed CNN for hours until the awful truth was released.

Rusty Wallace was my guy, so I had vitriol for Dale for decades, but I’m not heartless.  And even up here in Central New York Big E’s fandom was immense.

23 years is a long time, and also the blink of an eye.

• Like 3
On 2/18/2024 at 10:47 AM, mojoween said:

I lived in a small apartment over a garage in 2001.  The hubby was out and the three year old was at his grandparents, so I was chilling at home and turned on Daytona with only a few laps to go.

I saw the crash, and will never forget how surreal it was listening to DW excited for his brother, and in shock at what happened to Dale. I ran to the computer and refreshed CNN for hours until the awful truth was released.

Rusty Wallace was my guy, so I had vitriol for Dale for decades, but I’m not heartless.  And even up here in Central New York Big E’s fandom was immense.

23 years is a long time, and also the blink of an eye.

I was at my parents house celebrating my grandmother's birthday. I also was online waiting to hear about his condition when I got home. Jeff Gordon was my favorite but then it didn't matter.

12 hours ago, woodstock said:

Hopefully, we’ll get finishes like this in F1

🤣🤣🤣

Great race! I was rooting for Blaney, but was thrilled to see Daniel win. He's a great guy, well deserving.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2024 at 4:47 PM, woodstock said:

In other news, Verstappen wins the Bahrain GP but the real drama seems to be happening at Alpine and the Visa CashApp RB teams👀

So much going on that Netflix's Drive To Survive will likely never cover because it makes F1 look bad.  It's part of the reason I stopped watching the show once the show made me start paying attention to the actual sport.  The real drama surpasses the fake docudrama. 

• Like 1